Reviews of Hilton Lac-Leamy 5 stars

3 Boulevard du Casino, Hull, J8Y 6X4 Gatineau, Canada

#2 of 23 hotels in Gatineau

Nice but extremely overpriced
    • Deluxe King Room with Lake View

I found that it was very overpriced for what it was. The room was smaller than expected and simply nothing that truly wowed me. Nice but definitely not worth the ridiculous price that I paid.

The bed was very comfy and bathroom looked nice. Also i really liked the view over looking the city and the water

dissapointing.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lake View

We were shown to our room and the beds were not made. We then had to go back to reception to be allocated with a different room. We ordered our evening meal via room service at reception because the phone in the room wasn't working. When the food did not arrive after an hour we were told that they didn't have our room number. We then had to wait another 45 minutes for it to arrive.

The beds were comfortable

Wonderful experience
    • Deluxe King Room with Lake View

Far from the city centre

The setting for the hotel is outstanding, the best Hilton I have ever visited, friendly staff ,delicious food, good view from the rooms

Fabulous
    • King Suite with Lake View

Fabulous. Clean, elegantly furnished and quiet. Our suite had a beautiful view of Lac Leamy. Location is excellent and the free parking was an excellent perk.

Beautiful rooms, large bathrooms, ample parking, close to...
    • Deluxe King Room with Lake View

The rate seemed high for value, the toilette items in the room were also used and not replaced with the change over which makes me concerned about what else was not cleaned

Beautiful rooms, large bathrooms, ample parking, close to casino

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Clean, spacious and friendly.
    • Queen Room with Whirlpool

Slightly apart from the main city but minor point if you have your vehicle. Choice of restaurants was limited for the size of hotel, but again a minor inconvenience.

Friendly staff and very clean rooms. Room size is excellent - enough for a double bed, sofa bed (double) and 2 single beds so plenty of room for a family of 5 just looking to sleep en route across the country. Bar staff very chatty and friendly and will to let us sample a few of the drinks not seen before like Maple Whiskey before deciding. Nice hotel and worth considering when in Ottawa.

Awesome
    • King Suite with Lake View

Staff is very helpful want tour stay to be perfect. Go above and beyond. Location is great the view is amazing which ever floor you stay. Beds are so comfortable. So much to do go swimming either inside or outside.

A great stay in Gatineau!
    • Deluxe King Room with Lake View

Small... monitoring the pool side area for people who have both a lounge chair AND a table on the patio would be nice although we didn’t have to wait too long to see a chair free up.

Staff were pleasant & extremely helpful. The facilities are clean. The rooms are large (had a junior suite - well worth it!) and the bed have one of the best night’s sleep I’ve had in a hotel! Only a quick drive/cab ride into Ottawa.

The property is beautiful, the staff is very courteous and...
    • Deluxe King Room with Lake View

A fridge in the room would be nice.

The property is beautiful, the staff is very courteous and helpful and the restaurants are very good particularly Aroma. We enjoyed eating on the patio. This is our 3rd time at this hotel.

luv the hotel but the hotel does need to be more organized

Maid walking in the room at 8am and waking us, also was charged and still waiting to find out why $ was taken from my MasterCard when I had paid cash for my rooms. Also when checking in I had a confirmation email for 2 rooms 2 nights for each and they only had records of one so had to get them to give me another, went to the restaurant for dinner my friends dinner was over cooked and then we agreed to wait for another and then was told the other piece of meat was over cooked to so my friend had to choose something different.

I luv the hotel

After all our inconveniences we were refunded one night of...
    • Deluxe King Room with Lake View

First, the hotel has a policy that if paying cash, you must leave a 300 dollar deposit, but its only 100 on a credit card. Nowhere on booking.com nor The Hiltons website is this mentioned. Our check in took almost 20 mins then we had to change our room 3 times in 2 days. Our First night we had no Wifi. So for the second night we were given an "upgrade" to a room with a broken bed in a non smoking room when we booked and wanted smoking. So again we were changed rooms. We felt our legitimate complaints were not believed and had to prove our discomfort. The Club sandwich for 2 cost us 40$. Each Club sandwich is only Half a sandwhich and fries. A can of pop cost 3 bucks.

After all our inconveniences we were refunded one night of our stay.

The power went out due to mechanical failure and it was out...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lake View

The power went out due to mechanical failure and it was out for 24 hours. Couldn’t use the bathroom as no window in it and it was completely Dark. No offer of getting that night free because of that. Even had to go to a friends house to shower for a special event that night. I would have at least expected them to. It charge me for that day and night. I was there for two nights.

I love your hotel

Nothing i loved my stay

I loved how they upgraded my room with the same price of 2 beds i don't know why but we loved the suit gave us i enjoyed thw veiw the Jacuzzi

Very nice , as we where there for a concert that was taking place in the hotel location
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lake View

Would have be nice to have a mini fridge in the room as I have had in 99% of hotels that I stay at both in Canada and USA .

Bed was nice , just a bit to soft for me , but still a good night sleep . The bathroom was very nice , and having the tv mirror thing was cool ( the mirror had a square area that did not fog up, so you could shave if your partner was showering!! )

We loved our stay there for our 45th wedding anniversary! It was so special for us.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lake View

I found it expensive,but as we were celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary it was a lovely treat!

The staff was very courteous and our accommodations were excellent.

Great hotel and overall experience with the casino and fantastic restaurant. Worth the price!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Housekeeping had missed a water bottle in the mini bar that had been half consumed and then put back by the last guest. Upon discovering this, we contacted the client service representative who welcomed us by text, and they made sure it didn't end up on our bill.

The room was a great size with amazing finishes. We went to Le Baccara in the casion for dinner, which was one of the best meals I've ever had. Prepare to pay for it though. The view from our room was great, and we were only on the third floor. When we saw that there was an outdoor heated pool, we wished we brought our swimsuits! You'll have a great stay here!

Great weekend getaway!
    • Executive King Room

Upon check-in, we were given a room with the incorrect bed (requested one king bed, received 2 double beds). But this error was easily and politely fixed by the wonderful front desk staff.

Very comfortable bed. We really enjoyed the hors d'oeuvres in the executive lounge in the evening. The variety of options was impressive.

Great just overpriced considering casino right there
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lake View

For booking in advance room was over priced, heard another guest beside me when checking in only paying $129.00 !! Continental breakfast for free would be nice

Loved the Banko restaurant, very well priced

Great looking property and enjoyed the outdoor pools and hottubs. Lots of free parking
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

showed up late and one of the rooms ended up being a smoking room. We requested non smoking rooms

nice outdoor pool and hottub -HUGE. So warm even when it is freezing outside.

Wonderful - dining comfort service - loved it and will return asap
    • Executive King Room

Honestly what's not to like?

I sincerely must acknowledge staff top to bottom friendly courteous and fabulous ready to please. Food offered in executive lounge was so good and enjoyed breakfast coffee and wine selection. I arrived weary after 11 and even front desk gave me best greeting and offered info and assistance above and beyond

Most comfortable and relaxing accommodations I’ve ever been in.
    • Deluxe King Room with Lake View

I’d say the price was a little high for my pocketbook but I understood why the rooms were so expensive because the quality was high end.

I loved how clean & elegant the rooms were. The whole hotel was beautiful. The experience was the best one I’ve had at a hotel, absolutely no complaints.

Loved the easy access to the casino.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lake View

I thought I was going to get a fancier tub for the price. Unfortunately the ice machine by our room wasn't working.

Loved the easy access to the casino. The pool is amazing. Bath robes and slippers and provided in the room which is great. Love that it's close to many amenities.

Great night at the casino with family.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lake View

Ice machine was out of order on the floor I stayed. Had to take elevator to floors above or below to get ice. Minor issue.

Great place. Staff super friendly and helpful. Rooms super clean. Restaurants serve great food. Great way to spend a night at the casino.

The next time my husband and I visit Ottawa, we will definitely book this hotel again.
    • Deluxe King Room with Lake View

Parking was a little tricky especially during the night when everyone goes to the casino.

The bathroom was absolutely gorgeous and the bed was super cozy!

The room was beautiful and comfortable.
    • King Suite with Whirlpool

The pillows for the king size bed were much too thick and uncomfortable. Escalators or moving walkways would be ideal for someone walking with crutches or a cane to get to the casino.

The room was beautiful and comfortable.

If you like to be treated well and like excellent food stay at the Hilton Lac Lemay

The prices.

It was my 65th Birthday and my friend and i were treated like we were special. We laughed and smiled from time we arrived until we left. Even on the elevator people were funny. We eat at the Arome and even fellow tables wished me Happy Birthday and offered to take pictures. Our waiter even sat down beside and went thru the menu and helped select our wine and seafood platter, all the time with respect and great personality. It was expensive but well worth it. We went back for breakfast the next morning and again it was excellent buffet.

Excellent!
    • King Room with Lake View

Elevators not working only one in service

The hotel made our honeymoon the best The beds and the pillows are the best we have every slept on we want to find out where they are purchased from

Wonderful hotel just a ten minute taxi or 30 minute bike ride from Byward Market.
    • King Room with Lake View

Nothing to do with hotel but seems like Uber's don't really run in Quebec. They do however run in Ottawa (Ontario). So kind of confusing. Should probably stick with taxis if staying here.

Free bike rental was awesome. Just ask lifeguard at pool.

We had a king size bed and the view from the 16th floor overlooking the lake was amazing.
    • Deluxe King Room with Lake View

We had to eat on the terrace for supper as the restaurant was booked. However the terrace was heated.

Food was good for supper and breakfast. Staff were friendly.

Overall an enjoyable stay !
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Lake View

Would like more selections of restaurants that are reasonably priced and accessible to families with children. Room was not ready upon check in.

Bathroom was large, comfortable bed, convenience to the casino. Local park at the Lac-Leamy where there was access to kayaks, bike path was a bonus

The bed is the best part.
    • King Room with Lake View

Breakfast could have been included.

The bed is the best part. Hilton has it perfectly. Pillows, blankets, mattress - all were great. I had the best sleep ever.

Room was comfortable but didn't like location facing...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lake View

Room faced parking lot not pool side. I requested complimentary extra towels and pillows on line but did not receive them.

Room was comfortable but didn't like location facing parking lot.

The pillows were just to my liking.
    • King Suite with Lake View

Room temp was difficult to control. By the time we left we had it figured out. We did not spend much time in the suite other than to sleep. We had some minor issues with light bulbs

The pillows were just to my liking. The staff were very friendly, efficient and accommodating.

Everything is great! Except for parking
    • Deluxe King Room with Lake View

My only concern is that parking is not very convenient if you are arriving later. The parking lot is shared with the Casino Lac Leamy and so the spots closer to the hotel entrance are always taken by the Casino patrons in the evening. It was quite a far walk from where I was able to park my car to the hotel entrance.

Oh my goodness, the bed was ULTRA comfy. The pillows were just amazing and I had a really hard time getting out of bed in the morning. Both the indoor and outdoor pools were fantastic. The room was nice, big and clean.

The best view with all the comforts!
    • Deluxe King Room with Lake View

The Sunday brunch was o.k. Nothing spectacular!

Our room was on the 19th floor overlooking the lake and Ottawa! Spectacular views! The room is spacious and spotless! The bed too comfy. Hard to get up in the morning! There was a continental breakfast on our floor and a social at 5 with appetizers and non alcoholic beverages. You could purchase wine👍Overall our Canada Day weekend was perfect ! You will not be disappointed!

Very nice, might not be for everyone.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lake View

Not the easiest location if you're using as base for Ottawa, basically recco having a car (I think hotel offers free parking?) Light switch in bathroom is basically in shower...weird. If you're into the casino you'll love it, personally I hate casinos.

Very grand entrance, beautiful grounds and walking paths. Great views! Super friendly room service delivery, and waiter in lobby area (afternoon snacks set up) they were amazing!! Other staff, nice but not notable and not always easy to get a taxi.

Celebrating 40th birthday party weekend!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Lake View

There was nothing I noticed that I didn't like.

Love the pool and fully equipped gym. All staff were very helpful and friendly. Overall look and decor. Full breakfast buffet was excellent.

Extraordinary service, lovely environment
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Only cavil is food service at the pool is reeeeeally slow but they do warn you (kitchen is two floors away).

We ended up here due to unforeseen circumstances and we had a lot of needs. Staff were extraordinarily helpful: houekeeping, pool staff and conciergerie. Even the (free) bicycles were good quality, we did over 20 km easily without discomfort. Room was comfortable and there was enough storage space. They even helped boost our ailing car. Our grandchildren 5 and 7 came to visit and the kids loved exploring the grounds and the pool had lots of safe areas for them. Pool is salt so little chlorine and we could even do our lengths after the crowds left. Lovely stay.

Awesome view and location, but cigarette smoking smells is not avoidable even if nonsmoking room.
    • King Suite with Whirlpool

We wanted non smoking room but all the time the cigarette smokes coming through the ventilation system! It made us feel sick and stay out of the room during the day time and early evening.

The parking was very secured and only accessible by Valet people! We kept our staff in the car and nothing was lost or strange. However, it is CAD$20/day. other option is park in outdoor parking with no charges at all, but at your own risk if there is.

Amazing!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lake View

Very luxurious, from the moment you walk in to their great. Also, the room had a magnificent view of the river... High quality of service all around! Would certainly travel there again...

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

I went for breakfast and came back at 12:02 to just pick up...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Lake View

I went for breakfast and came back at 12:02 to just pick up luggage and I was locked out. Spoke to cleaning staff who could not let me in. Had to return to front desk from 12th floor.

very convenient location to have a complete night out for...

Not enough staff on at the check in desk - parking could be a little closer as well

very convenient location to have a complete night out for dinner and casino Room was spacious and very clean.

Love this hotel
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lake View

Location is amazing, accessible to the city and no parking headaches. The beds are so comfortable and the overall facilities (pool, spa, etc) are spacious and so clean. The bathrobes are heaven!

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Hilton at the casino
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lake View

no fridge in the room.only mini bar i didn't need. couldn't even get in the smoking lounge. too small and packed

service excellent. room service excellent

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Can't wait to go back.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Everything, no complaints. Service was wonderful and the hotel was beautiful. I had hard time checking in because the booking was made with my guests name, to no fault of the hotel.

loved the hotel and room location (lakeview and city view)
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The staff did not meet my expectations! When asked about charges on my credit card they answered about procedures however never offered a solution for the problem itself!

loved the hotel and room location (lakeview and city view)

Wonderful

---

The view service great food location esssy to move about and that there is everything in the hotel incase You don't want to leave for entertainment

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

All was good however I requested early check in to our 19th...
    • Executive King Room

Just a bit more effort to accommodate a customer for Anniversary. It was 3-4 phone calls, no one seemed to really care to try to accommodate extra requests. Would have made a difference in my opinion and possible return in future.

All was good however I requested early check in to our 19th floor didn't get however places in 8th floor room with jaccuzi didn't get. For the high price? Wouldn't book again unless special occasion

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Staff was very friendly and accommodating
    • Deluxe King Room with Lake View

Maybe a little pricey ...

Staff was very friendly and accommodating The lake views were gorgeous and the pool was perfectly situated overlooking the lake. The rooms were comfortable we found the bathroom especially, very luxurious and breakfast classic but very good.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Staff very friendly.
    • Deluxe King Room with Lake View

The first non smoking room had a very strong smell of smoke, however, the staff were very accommodating and moved us to a new room which was much better.

Staff very friendly. Room service & food very good.

Loved it
    • Executive King Room

We got upgraded to a suite when we arrived and it was amazing. We wish we had more time to take advantage of the pool and jacuzzi. Won some money at the casino :) can't wait to come back.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Beautiful!!
    • Executive King Room

We can there for our 25 anniversary and they wore so excellent.live how room was cleaned each time we left and surprised us with chocolate covered strawberries.we are definitely coming back thank you so much!!

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

everything perfect

super location great infrastructure and friendly staff

Mostly very nice.
    • King Suite with Lake View

There were 4 people staying in our suite. The hideabed was uncomfortable.

Lovely pool and oasis. Roomy accommodation.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lake View

Stayed here a few times. Always great service staff are friendly and helpful

it whas my 56 wedding anniversery whit the same men still in love thanks

know better next month

every thing whas good

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Fun

No hand held shower

Have been many times...always a pleasure

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Plan ahead.

No entertainment

My room, the hotel grounds

Really nice comforter.

Really nice comforter.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Highly recommended

Location, Views Luxury Staff

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Great Hotel...
    • Deluxe King Room with Lake View

Not a lot to do other than gamble.

Clean, comfortable, excellent rooms, restaurant, nice view on the lake side and the hotel has a great ambiance.

The frontdesk manager Guylaine saved my son's wedding...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Lake View

The frontdesk manager Guylaine saved my son's wedding weekend many thanks to her

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Beautiful room;

Beautiful room; grand view

Fantastic hotel front desk staff were awesome room was...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lake View

Fantastic hotel front desk staff were awesome room was beautiful and we had a lovely view over the lake

Location and proximity to casino
    • Deluxe King Room with Lake View

The bed was too soft and caved in the middle

Location and proximity to casino

great.

Can't find anything wrong really.8

The cleanest everywhere and also the staff that where in by book rated 10 on 10.

• King Room with Lake View

EVERYTHING: STAFF, FOOD, ROOM ETC.

NOTHING

EVERYTHING: STAFF, FOOD, ROOM ETC.

Its very clean
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lake View

Its very clean Service is good The food was so good Evrything was just amazing A

Very expensive

Very expensive

Second time there but won’t be last
    • Deluxe King Room with Lake View

Bed was super comfortable View from the room was amazing Food was great at breakfast Bar was friendly Walking to Casino was 1 minute!!

Very expensive room for what u get .
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Lake View

Very expensive room for what u get . Restaurants not a lot of selection and expensive

Everything was in close proximity