Reviews of Doubletree by Hilton London 4 stars

300 King Street, N6B 1S2 London, Canada

#17 of 40 hotels in London

Your employee at the desk was amazing! He recommended a restaurant for dinner. He even called and made reservations for us. It was beyond excellent that we have had over 18 years of marriage.

There was a sign at check in for Honours Hilton but I had no priority (others in line were not HH members). I was not told I would need my card to get out of the parking. Ver frustrating

Friendly staff fast

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was a disaster from the time of check in. The hotel was full of young girls and children for a dance competition. We were assigned a dirty room. It had not been cleaned since the last occupants. I called down to the front desk and they apologized and told me someone would be up to give us our new room key. We waited for roughly a half hour. I was travelling with an infant as well as my other children. The room smelt really bad. The elevators were completely full and were hard to get. The hallways were dirty and there was vomit in the corner as well as garbage up and down the halls. So we waited. When we finally made it to our next room. It appeared to be missing a chair. We were late for our dinner due to the mix up. I would have expected the manager to come up or to get some form of compensation. But nothing. Our desk chair had been taken. We woke up to our chair outside our door the next morning. We thought the rooms were very ugly. The decor was awful. Not what I would have expected for a Hilton. We will never return to this hotel again.

The location was great but that was the only positive.

No parking, and my reason for booking the double tree was for the hot tub, it was closed. I would have liked to have known that before I arrived - I ran a marathon on Saturday morning and was really looking forward to using the hot tub after, was quite disappointed

Large room

• Premium King Room

I am more of a traditional person so I was a little surprised at the streamlined, ultra modern look of the hotel. Parking was extra and I found it to be expensive at $15 daily.

Really convenient to the facility where the conference was that I was attending. Bed was very comfortable although really high (I am very short and had difficulty climbing into it). Meals at the restaurant were very reasonably priced and were delicious.

After checking in went up to room and turned back the beds to find out linens had not been changed on either bed. Fortunately the cleaning staff was still on the floor and I had them change both beds. They apologized saying they were being pressured to get the rooms clean. So rather than change sheets they just made the bed. Brutal!

The front desk staff were very pleasant to deal with. Our room wasn't ready when we tried to check in around 3pm. They took our cell number and gave us a call when our room was supposedly ready. Linens hadn't been changed!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

My only complaint was their shower was a little tricky to use but once the staff showed me how it worked it was fine.

Food was great & the staff were very friendly & helpful.

My room was a king room and there were 2 of us. There was only one room chair to sit on. Yes we had the desk chair (that is not comfortable) or the bed.

My husband and I decided to get away for a night of relaxation as our jobs are stressful. We could not get a room in the city we live in, so we decided to choose London. Doubletree by Hilton came up as one with availabilty. From the time we walked in the front door to the time we left the next afternoon, we were treated with the upmost respect, that before we left, we had already decided to go back. This weekend was also the weekend of an ice storm in Southern Ontario, and they were short staffed, but you would not have known it. The staff the could make it in, went above to make sure your stay was just as any other time.

parking garage no access to hotel, you had to go outside in the bad weather to get to your auto. The clock on the night stand had a digital display that was not lighted. so if you got up during the night you had no idea of what time it was. The buffet breakfast was warm and by the time you got it to your table it was cold . The coffee was great and a coffee pot on the table was great, but for the amount spent I expected...............will not stay because of the garage issue among other issues.

Close to our show............................bed was comfy.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel had no record of our reservation,, booked through Booking. com. It was eventually found but only after we threatened to leave.

Breakfast buffet

Lobby was dirty, halls were dirty and the bathroom was dirty. kids running up and down the halls and knocking on doors well past 11:30pm.

I was Billed 2 extra times for taxes

The pool and the hot tub are a complete disaster the pool was green the hot tub was completely dirty and filthy it did not meet my expectations at all when I looked at the pictures online and then when I actually got there I thought the pictures I saw online were photoshopped I was looking forward to taking a swim and sitting in the hot tub and relaxing but we walked in we sat in the tub for 2 minutes and then we got up I was extremely disappointed. The toilets had problems Flushing and when I took a shower I had noticed that there was some sort of residue dirty type of film left on the tub it was not great at all

The beds were comfortable

The parking situation wasn't the best.

Both of the gentlemen we worked with were especially helpful. The warm cookies were definitely an added bonus!

Bathroom had hair in it even after calling for it to be cleaned again. Tub was slow to drain. Walls are paper thin could hear conversation in other room. Curtain was dirty.

Staff was AWESOME!!!! Loved the warm cookie with check in 😃

• Double Room - Disability Access

The pool area was very nice. I loved the bathroom/shower areas. Bed and pillows were great. We ate at the Ale House down the street and would recommend that establishment also.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had a two double bed room. One of the beds was old and had a soft saggy mattress. The tub is very shallow, holding water of a 6 inch depth only, suitable only for children. Covered parking is $15.00 day but the lot is not accessible from the building so take an umbrella! They are now asking patrons to pay carbon tax but it is voluntary. Be aware that you must request it to be removed from your bill. We ate at Blake's. I had a mediocre tikka masala; my friend raved about the Conrad Burger. We shared a quinoa salad which was very good. The service was good, but our waitress was overperfumed and it seemed that no one ever answered the phone, which rang constantly and too loudly. There was no ambience and the decor is uninspired.

Rooms weren’t cleanest , our group didn’t get rooms together , paid a lot of money and got double not queen beds and had to wait a half an hour when I was checking in because there was a mix - up . This seemed to be on the booking .com end ! Not the hotel . However wasn’t offered any compensation for the wait

Pool was good , beds were comfy and restaurants good

There was a hockey/basketball teams..a little more control of the kids not playing in the elevators. There was also suppose to be a time of 10-12pm for adults only in the pool this didn't happen until well after 10pm

Close to our event for the evening ...liked the executive access in the elevator to our floor. (Prevented the kids from running on our floor). Enjoyed the warm cookies at check in as well were offered at check out, even provided a 3rd one to give to my son.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking is complimentary but the hotel does not have enough parking for their guests. Cars were parked illegally in the parking garage which makes it really hard to get your car in and out if you were to find a parking spot. Wouldnt book this hotel again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

coffee location bathroom was hard to operate the shower knob the shatters doesn't shut all the way someone set the alarm for 7am no break fast no parking not good overall

the lamp

Great stay at this hotel. We ate dinner and breakfast at Blake’s, great food. Exceptional service from our waitress at dinner. Would definitely stay here again!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Ordered room service, cold food. Air unit was making horrible noises all night. Wifi was slow and choppy. Parking was expensive. You expect a certain level of accommodations with the Hilton name that we didn't receive

The cookies at check in were nice!

Pop machine on our floor, 22nd, was out of order our entire stay, fri-sun. The room next to us was loud...with heavy base music. I called front desk...took 25 mins before someone showed up to tell them to behave...music was turned down for 10 minutes and then resumed...it was past 11:30pm. Then u could hear thrm swearing and dropping "F" bombs acting all tough. I actually almost packed up and left. Not impressed.

Bed was comfy. Bathroom clean. Pool was cold and cloudy...painted ceiling was peeling badly. Restaurant on site was terrible. Basic hamburger was unedible, my caesar salad was swimming in dressing.....thought it was soup....and my pop was flat.

Bed sheets won’t change well I stayed for more then one night. Garage can wasn’t empty between days Staff during my stay kepted calling me!

There was a Starbucks in the hotel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I originally thought I had booked a double room w 2 double beds in each room as there were 3 adults and 1 child. When I got there they said they didn’t have double rooms 😒. But did accommodate us with 2 queen beds.but a single room.... When I book a hotel I usually speak to someone but this time I didn’t and from now on will never book this way again. Also had to pay $30.00 for parking for 2 cars... I think if u pay over $200.00 a night for a room then parking should come with it.

Staff were excellent.... warm cookies when u check in... soo good... food in the restaurant was reasonably priced and very good. And a Starbucks right in the hotel💕... how sweet is that.

Plug for coffee maker broken. Should have had 4 creamers. First person at desk unhelpful. When I couldn’t find my rewards card didn’t bother to help. Gave poor directions to parking lot. Had to park outside. Parking wasnt great for $15 should have been a more secure lot

The burger was great

Pillows were terrible.Large conference happening.Waited 15 min. to fit into an elevator.Heard sirens all night. Ice machine didn't work.

Bed was comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Soft beds, cold cold pool, no breakfast which is something I expect from Hilton And more help with luggage when small child is in tow

Clean warm room

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I thought the overall decor of the room was not up to the price of the room.

The beds were very comfortable. The room was clean. The pool area was good.

Unfortunately, our car didn’t lock as there was a door that didn’t close properly. The next day, we discovered that certain items had been stolen from our car. Make sure your car is locked.

Staff was friendly and we were given warm cookies when we checked-in (nice touch!)

• Premium King Room

More then 100 dollars more than quoted by booking .com 15 dollars per night for parking was suposed to be included but becsuse i booked through booking.conm hotel would not guve me any consideration. Very disgruntled as it was our 40th wedding anniversary and finished with a stupid bill full of extras never expected

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Checking-out the woman at the desk was very rushed and didn't give me a copy of my bill. $275 was charged to my credit card, when I booked a room that was only $168 on the website. I will be emailing the hotel to ask that they send me a copy.

The woman who checked us in was very nice and welcoming. When they ask if you want a chocolate whatever cookie, you do! It was delicious

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staying at the Doubletree by Hilton in London was excellent. From the check-in to the check-out everything was spot on. Excellent Gym! Starbucks in the lobby with plenty of space to sit down read a book and relax. Had a la carte breakfast one day in the restaurant, good quality and large portions. Location is also good, walking distance to anywhere in the city center.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

My husband has health problems, he caries oxygen tank. No one asked us if, we need any help to bring our suitcases upstairs. We had to do it. The only thing they said was make sure you bring the trail back downstairs. I rate the service very poor, I would not recommend to any of my friends.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Downtown London not a great area but that's not down to the hotel.

Room comfortable and clean, didn't eat there so can't comment but useful to have a Starbucks on ground floor. Staff very helpful and knowledgeable about best places to eat and visit.

Restaurant and bar served food till late, but the bar closed at 11pm

All fine, food good, staff friendly and efficient. I got free parking next door which was a bonus. All new and clean. Gym too. Close to University where I was dropping my daughter off for 8 months.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The price, me and a group of friends all got 4 rooms the past weekend. We had the smallest room, and literally paid the most. And when me and my friends were discussing it, I had my room booked way before them to. So that was annoying because I felt like I got ripped off.

The bed were so soft and the pillows were so big, it felt like I broke my neck every morning. Which sucked.

Needed to make a change to the reservation and could not get in touch with a manager prior to the date of the booking.

Very comfortable beds. Good room services. Overall staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed was not comfortable and did not provide adequate support. The head of the bed tended to be lower than the foot of the bed. The upholstered chair did not appear to be clean, resulting in an itchy feeling when used.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beds were comfortable, staff was wonderful, and warm cookies were a nice perk. Pool area was very clean and did not have an overpowering chlorine smell like many do.

Hardly any food for breakfast, air conditioning running made it freezing in hall. Charged me double for parking, when the conference was paying for it, and only returned one parking charge not both! I booked a room with park view and didn't get it.

Cookie ready and warm when I got there. Clean comfortable rooms.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The wi-fi timed out without warning and I needed to login several times, with some of my work being lost.

Excellent hotel to stay at. Fantastic rooms, lovely view of the city, comfortable beds, functional washroom, wide options for food, great pool, and one of the best fitness centers I've seen in a long time.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

- Rooms were very outdated looking - Who has actual Double Beds these days? - WiFi was very slow - Pool water was chilly - Prices for drinks and forgotten items were borderline robbery: $2.75 for a 500mL water / $3 for a can of pop / $4.50 for a 500mL PowerAde / $5 for a toothbrush

The warm DoubleTree cookies were a nice surprise at check-in!

Staff was super friendly. Bed was very comfy and the hotel was quiet. A really great place to stay! we didn't check out the pool or restaurant so couldn't comment on them.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

My stay was the night before my wedding - across the hall was an ALL NIGHT party. Numerous calls to the front desk were responded to but no monitoring in between, the other guests were screaming and slamming doors ALL NIGHT. I got maybe 1 hour of sleep before my big day with no apology from staff or recourse to other guests. Woke up to vomit all over the hallway to boot! Would have appreciated the other party being asked to leave or an offer to me to be moved rooms. Not really the staffs fault but could have been handled better.

Beautiful lobby area and clean rooms

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room looked outdated when we first walked in but you could tell the had been upgraded in the bathroom and the beds were comfy but could have been larger. Queen instead of doubles.

The beds were comfortable, the elevators were so very fast, never had to wait.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed! The mattress was the probably the worst quality mattress I have every experienced in a hotel. It definitely does not meet standard and should be replaced. I ended up sleeping on the floor - literally.

The pool - the location. that there was a starbucks inside

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The view overlooking the train tracks was not attractive !

Everything was excellent -lovely staff ,great in room breakfast (following special reqests).Very comfortable beds.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything was great but we did not have a chance to try the restaurant! Thank you! Cookies were the Best! Plus Starbucks coffee was great too!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Surprise charges. The coat of the room was so much more then quoted!!! Watched a rented movie once and couldn't access it. Fridge was so tiny. Staff was rude. Parking was confusing and not even guaranteed and the cost was ridiculously high. Cleaning staff unplugged my firends phone so it didn't charge in time for our concert. 100% would not recommemd ths hotel to anyone.

There was a very nice lady at the front desk who was really friendly and welcoming. That was the one thing I liked. The one employee who worked there

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The fact that you have to pay additional parking fee on such a pricey room (that wasn't anything spectacular) my husband and I were not able to both have a shower as the hot water ran out before the first person was even done (literally 5-10 min shower)

Was in good location. Blake's in the hotel was wonderful .. great food fair pricing .. hotel staff was very accommodating

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Was concerned about small ants in the room, after waking up in the morning. Tons of ants, but staff were told and hopefully the issue is looked after asap.

Great space in the rooms.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I have no complaints. It was a busy weekend and the staff at the hotel did an amazing job.

The complementary cookies at Check in are absolutely delicious. Its a very nice surprise. The front desk staff were very friendly and professional, it was a very busy weekend and they did a great job keeping the line moving.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

could have been cheaper, the parking is not the most convenient.

modern, updated, clean facility, great staff, especially the cleaning lady who offered more towels when she saw my little ones!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

You had to pay extra for parking. Breakfast was not included.

Location of property right downtown. Cookies were incredible. Matt at front desk was very personable and friendly.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing provided to clean exercise machines with. Only 1 shower worked in ladies change room and water was cold. Skimpy towels.

Large guest room and very clean

• Double Room - Disability Access

Breakfast was abysmal. Hollandaise was cold, but the eggs were hot ?!?

Staff were so friendly and helpful. Our server in the restaurant (Samantha) was a gem

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The flaxibality of the time of checking in and checking out because i have to get in at 3 and get out at 11. I don't think there will a problem if I check out at 1 Pm or 2 Pm if i get in at 4 or 5 if I need and ask politely Because I didn't rent a hotel room if I am not coming from a trip.

The stuff we're smiling and I appreciate the fast time for checking in and checking out.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Overall the hotel was clean staff were friendly and courteous.

In a nut shell, the rooms smelled bad... carpets should be washed and deodorized more often.

• Double Room - Disability Access

Room service poached eggs tasted like vinegar. A pinch of cream of tartar works just as well, and leaves no after taste. Everything else was lovely.

The staff were amazing with Everything !! My stay was very comfortable and stress free.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I needed a room key to exit the parking lot. Since I had checked out I had to park and go back to get a room key. Staff should have mentioned that and made sure I had a room key when I left.

On a scale of 1 to 5. It was a 3 star hotel. I picture families in town for a hockey tournament. Lots of kids in the pool but I happen to go once when it was quiet. Lobby was modern and welcoming. Staff behaved appropriately but not outstanding.

that i will never coming back to this hotel again.breakfast was not clean was given the bill before i even tastef my food

Very rude front desk staff , found hair in my eggs.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Susan the manager was very unprofessional rude and treated us as if we made a mistake when their employee made an error.

The location for where I was going to the next day for business

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our room service breakfast was extremely expensive for what we got. The omlette was ridiculously small, did even cover 1/4 of the plate for $16.00. And our cutlery came dirty. There was hardened ketchup all over the fork. And no jam or anything for the toast. VERY expensive and not satisfied. Definitely not a chef in the kitchen. presentation & quality were not there.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wait staff at Blakes were great with my kids when my daughter wanted fries with her salad (not really part of the salad equation)! Very accommodating to be sure they had a great meal.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The manager at the front desk was rude the moment we walked in the door, we proceeded to get a 'noise' complaint at 9pm on a Saturday night from talking...

The beds were very comfortable, the rooms were large.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Roger - the solo night rep at the counter was the best part. Meeting and checking in with someone who is a pro, normal, genuine and helpful makes all the difference for a low-maintenance traveler like myself. Also, when you check in they give each guest a delicious cookie that comes out of a specially made warming drawer right there at the front desk. Brilliant! My wife liked the cookie so much she actually ate mine as well before I had a chance to get to it. For real. :)

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Need renovation...kinda old ....need to sheets too

Staff were super nice .....one thing tho, I call them for shower caps but they send me coffee caps ......cute but confused

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Double Room - Disability Access

Very cold night and very uneven temperature in room. From experience we know this was due to room humidity being too low. My hair was full of electricity, shocks. Dry face itchy at hospital during test I was to remain still.

Outstanding service from desk clerk on check in and checkout. Made us feel very welcome and was great help.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

when we checked in everything was great....but after we got back to our room Sunday night after the concert we walked into room #1716 and it smelt of smoke, we were tired and didn't call the front desk, but my wife was very unset through the night as her asthma became worst as the night went on and the smell did not go away. we spoke to the attendant on our floor in the morning (Pasti) asked her to come in and she said right away that it was smoke she smelt. We also spoke to the attendant at checkout and he did apologise for our poor sleep but that was all...he did say he has had the same complaint from other guess???

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It would be nice if breakfast was included in the stay but not necessary.

Staff and facilities were wonderful. Third time I've stayed at this hotel and it's excellent every time. I love how they give you a cookie when you check in. Staff are so helpful and polite, it's very appreciated.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

When checking in, giving us cookies definitely made us excited to stay! Extremely clean. I LOVE YOUR PILLOWS. Close to events downtown and close to restaurants/bars. Probably the best hotel stay we have had ever!

It's a nice and modern hotel. The cookie upon our arrival was a really nice touch. The hotel staff were very friendly. Our room was ready on time and the bed was very comfortable. The location was great, within walking distance to downtown and the restaurants. It was very convenient to have a Starbucks on site. We will definitely be back!

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Nothing. All good

Check/check friendly & efficient. Liked they addressed me by name & made eye contact. Room comfortable. Breakfast delicious

Just an observation but the bed was really high. I felt like I was going to fall out of it when I tried to put my phone down on the nightstand. Really comfy bed however.

Front staff were wonderful and very helpful.