Reviews of Hilton Québec 4 stars

1100 Rene Levesque East, G1R 4P3 Quebec City, Canada

#45 of 104 hotels in Quebec City

Based on 2091 hotel reviews

• King Room with River View

The staffs were friendly. I sent an email earlier that the trip is for anniversary and the hotel was able to accommodate a room with great view. The location was close to everything. Enjoyed staying here and will definitely come back.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

I never been to a Hilton hotel before. I thought it would be the best hotel I would stay ever, but I was disappointed. I didn't see anything extraordinary that makes this hotel expense. I think I have founded the same quality and comfort in other cheaper hotels.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

Dirty sock in bathroom in one room from a previous guest. Refrigerator in same room had someone's old sandwhiches

Bed comfortable, staff very nice

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

The dirty window somewhat ruined the spectacular view, the outside valet could have been more friendly when we first got there, the long walk and steps to get to my vehicle which was valet parked just to go get something from my car (no offer to bring the car up front) were my least favourite part of the stay. But, in the end, The staffs audacity to threaten to kick us out (without a first warning or notice that we were too loud--sorry, didn't realize it wasn't very sound proof?) when we paid for multiple rooms which are above the average cost due to the "brand" that is The Hilton was what truly upset me and I probably won't forget .. as we are respectful people, and would have quieted down with a simple request, no rude warning was required, although a warning that nearly $300 was going to be held on my card for 3+ days should have been a required necessity -- we're not all rich folks!

The top notch service--they brought us our bags from the car to inside our rooms without lifting a finger, and they even brought us tape free of charge when asked--and the beautiful clean room, the amazing view, the grand structure of the building, and most of all an amazing location close to everything from the best club in town, to amazing restaurants, to the Old Québec downtown! In the end, their quick checkout was supper easy.

• King Room with City View

The elevator would get a bit crowded

The bed was super comfortable and room had an incredible view! Staff was friendly, professional and I was able to check in early.

• Queen Room - Executive Floor

The executive floor doesn't match up to expectations or the standards set by other hotels offering similar amenities: the breakfast and happy hour are pretty limited and the lounge isn't open 24/7, which is what you would expect in a comparable hotel. Questionable stain on the in-room sofa.

Very comfortable rooms, comfortable bed, excellent gym facilities and perfectly serviceable bar/restaurant. Convenient location and friendly staff.

• King Room with City View

Can easily hear people in the next rooms if they are not quiet people. However, we were given another room within 5 minutes of request to change.

Great location for visiting Quebec, within easy reach of main areas of interest. The city view from the room was fantastic. Also very comfortable, spacious room. Staff were very quick to respond to requests.

• King Room with City View

The restaurant was aweful! I arrived at 10pm so they only had a very limited late night menu. I had the chili and nachos. The chili tasted like it was from a can, and the nachos were some sort of no name bargain brand chips, all broken into crumbs.

Good location, beds very comfortable. I had a nice view of the assemblée nationale. I didn’t get a chance to see the pool unfortunately

• King Room with City View

I missed some curtains in the bedroom to sleep better at night. I know the view of the Parlament is great but still some curtains for a better sleep could be great.

The bed was super comfortable and the cleaning perfect. The waiters at the breakfast and the lady at the front desk at night super gentle and nice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

The rooms feel a little dated and needs a little freshen up. i.e. shower area had a little bit of rust build up

Hotel was right outside old Quebec city. Everything within walking distance.

Mattress wasn’t comfortable

Rooms was not clean when we checked in, had house flies trapped in, and dust bins not empty.. and then on complaining was given a different room

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

After 5 minutes in the shower no hot water! I didn’t sleep all night because of a party next door! I called the reception 3 Times about it ! Next day still no hot water! They came in to the room and said “sorry” but that’s it!

The bed was very nice and the room was clean

• King Room with River View

The whole Hotel is tired its trading on its name, In my room was the filthiest arm chair I have ever come across it made the whole room feel dirty the carpet was crunchy underfoot and the bathroom was a bit past its sell by date. Even the swimming pool facilities were run down it just didn't feel clean there was black mould or marks in the shower outside the sauna and the place smelt mildewy.

Hilton beds are normally always comfortable

• King Room with City View

The hotel room itself was a little too small and compact especially the bathroom.

Really enjoyed the outdoor heated pool. It was quite the experience. Also the staff were really friendly and helpful. They came through with whatever we needed.

• King Room with River View

The room cleanliness was mediocre. The temperature in the room was awful, had it set at 18C but was not responding to demanded temperature, room was way too hot. Bathroom wasn't very clean.

Staff was very knowledgeable about areas around hotel, restaurants, carnaval...

• King Room with River View

The windows were very dirty, which is sad for an hotel supposed to offer a great city view, and there was minor plumbing problems in the bathroom. Also, the valet parking gave me inaccurate information which resulted in me paying 26$ extra for a service I didn't need.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

Clean the windows and install a fridge.

The room was quite high with 'views' of downtown however the windows were so dirty the view could not be enjoyed at all. There was no fridge in the room which was disappointing. Of the other 4 hotels I stayed in on this trip this was the only room with no fridge. It felt very dated and was my least enjoyed hotel.

• King Room with City View

No free water bottles in rooms and didn’t refill the coffee samples.

Food at night, specifically the pulled pork nachos and chicken and avocado Californian salad was great.

• King Room - Executive Floor

One day of our 5 nights stay, the house keeping person didn't do as great of a job cleaning our room as the other days.

I highly recommend staying on the Executive Floor rooms. The room views are dynamic, Floor 23 for breakfast and late afternoon snacks were wonderful and the concierge, Daniela Gonzales, was very friendly, helpful, and went over and beyond to make our 5 nights stay wonderful!!!

• King Room with City View

The sauna was cool on one visit

Proximity to The Old Town and Grande Allee Hand held shower head Outside swimming pool Sauna Breakfast buffet Staff :)

• Corner King Room with River View

Compared with other Hiltons, the check in staff member was somewhat disinterested, but all other staff members were great.

Beautiful views of the old city, within walking distance to all major attractions, close to many nice restaurants. Rooms are large, clean, and we'll appointed. Perfect place to spend Christmas.

• King Room with City View

The furnitures in the room + bathroom need upgrades. Moreover the room facing the street, thought allowed us to see the beautiful view of the old city, was noisy when buses driving around a at night

The location is absolutely amazing that we got to oversee the view of old QC through your big window !

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

Couldn’t get breakfast, the line was huge! Obviously,the restaurant can’t accommodate when the hotel is busy

Valet parking is very convenient, staff is excellent . Swimming pool is excellent!

• King Room with City View

The housekeeping didn't clean our room at the second night and didn't leave any note that they will come back to clean. Heated pool is not warm enough for winter swimming (-20 degree)

Complimentary hot drinks at check-in (maybe 3-6pm only). Tunnels to other buildings to stay warm. 5 min walk to old Montreal town

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View

This hotel is supposed to be pet friendly, they bill you $50 in extra to clean the room which is not cleaned in extra before you (armchair, footrest and carpet would need to be steamed...). Plus, you're not allowed to leave your dog alone in the room at any time... I don't call that pet friendly...

Actually almost everything if we didn't have our dog with us...

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

At the time we checked in, the front desk gave me other people’s room, so we can’t get in, then they changed room for us, however they charged my room twice, and didn’t do refund for me, they said: it is same as you ordered two rooms, no matter what reason you changed your room, you need to pay that extra fees. They are suck, worst hotel ever! destroy my whole travel!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

The outdoor pool is available in winter but it needed to be slightly warmer

The location was excellent. You can walk to old Quebec and many attractions easily

• King Room - Executive Floor

The view from our suite was exceptional. The entire hotel was modern and clean. Definitely well managed. I enjoyed the breakfast and the Hors d'oeuvres that was offered to Us. Over all my husband and I had an amazing anniversary because of the staff at Hilton Quebec.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

I was constantly asked if I wanted to upgrade: better room, better view, breakfast. No. If I wanted to pay more, I would have made that selection when I booked. They asked when I registered, and then text, and messaged me on my phone in the room.

Quality of the bed

• Queen Room - Executive Floor

The hotel is a bit old. The room setting is weird with huge space in the middle but no furniture. Not a good value for money choice.

Open view and nice environment next to a park Walkable distance to the old city

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

Lifts were under renovation and slow . Downside...very expensive valet parking. We should have been told in advance what the charges were. Two lamps and a charging socket out of action . Very mean with coffee tea and creamer sachets in the room itself

Comfortable quiet room even though there was a huge party in full swing on the second floor. Wonderful location and views.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

Parking/Attendant told me to back up my SUV. Saying it’s ok. Causing my shark fin antenna to snap off, costing me few hundred dollars. Not happy about that.

Staff/Location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

A few of the guests were quite annoying Mistake on the invoice (corrected after discussion) Pool was under maintenance and could not be used Expensive, but justified by the location and the standing

Friendly staff Superb hotel Perfect location Parking

• King Room with River View

The room did not smell fresh. The night table was ful of dust?? No refrigerator in room. Who doesn't have this now. The cheap hotels have this. Everything was extra Wifi.., Parking Overpriced for what you received. It was a madhouse when we were there. The concierge desk. They were ok.... But the one guys breath wreaked of alcohol!!! It was our Anniversary and wanted a treat. You don't mind paying Extra when your experience is a good one. It just seemed like everything was extra. And nothing special. We arrived at around 11 am. Told us they would email me when the room was ready. We got the email at 5:30 when we got into our room. Good service? No way...

The view. Even though the windows were dirty

• King Room with River View

When checking out front desk charged more than what I booked on bookin.com- But after I showed her email confirmation, price was honored. When I checked in I was told I was getting FREE upgrade to deluxe room. Maybe that's where mixup occurred

Wonderful clean modern hotel

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

but at C$500/night it is not worth it. lots of people for conferences, I heard noises at 5am on my floor. also, hotel rejected my request to check out by 1pm instaead of 12 noon. do not stay here if you are on holiday!

great view from 23rd floor executive club I must say. the concierge at 23rd floor is very helpful and friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

Poor direction on where to park, crazy procedure with ticket to leave and return to garage. Internet was not working. Overcharged 100 CAD when Bill was delivered. Room prices more to view the river. Rooms smallsmaller

• King Room with River View

The taxes may be higher on items you may not be familiar with paying.

Great location, staff greets you as you arrive, valet service was better for our stay, you have a choice. Rooms are very clean and spacious. The hotel breakfast was very good and a good value. Lunch and room service was excellent also. The hotel location was easy to arrive at and made walking to most things very easy.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View

The view was not the the city even when we paid river side. The room carpets are old and just for walking n the room an smell of feet stays around in the room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

The desk chair had stains on the seat and back (we had to cover it and the upholstered chair with towels before we would sit on them. We also found a pair of black underpants (not ours) on the closet floor the day before we left. NOT HAPPY! This also made us suspect as to the actual cleanliness of the room. We have stayed many times at Hampton Inns in the US and have never had these problems. Can email photo of chair if you wish.

The location was great. Beds were comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

Everything is dated, parking not included - they make you park quite far away. Staff at check in weren't particularly attentive. Overpriced.

If you get a room facing the old city, the view would be amazing. Be careful, 'city view' does not necessarily mean you look at this - we were looking at parliament which was quite nice but not what I had paid for.

• King Room with River View

Despite my early request by email to prepare the Room with flowers for my marriage anniversary, the hotel skipped it. It was going to be a surprise to my wife, but I was disappointed. Besides, nosleepers providied in the Room and shampoo and soap stuff were not sufficient.

The view was amazing and the location is perfect.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View

Could use some updating. The carpets are getting old, Also, most rooms in the $300 range now have glass showers....ir at least new shower curtains. It's didn't feel dirty at all, just like an older, discolored shower curtain. A little unimpressive. The bar downstairs had a decent buzz of people over 50. But then you order a drink and the cocktail menu hasn't been updated since the 90s. The pool on a busy Saturday afternoon had no one people there but a missed opportunity to make mo ey and please people as the bar at the pool was stocked but looked like is was mostly storage, we had to go looking for someone for a drink and then it took 25 mins for 1 beer to arrive. I should note that while the pool area was busy with 30seomthings, the pool itself had p my about 4 or 5 seniors doing water aerobics in there. It was great for my 2 year old to swim and play, but people were there mainly to get some sun and grab a drink which was tough to do.

Staff was great, location is great, valet was fast, elevators were generally fast (aside from checkout on Sunday morning, but that's to be expected)

• Queen Room with City View

Very nice and friendly staff. We arrived early, before the 4 o'clock check-in time and were tired from a 6hour train journey and the 15 minute walk up to the hotel from the station. Sylvie, the front desk attendant was very welcoming and informed us that our room was ready and were allowed to check-in. She provided us with details about the hotel facilities, including how to use the free wi-fi, a walking map of the area and pointed out places of interest. Sylvie kept in touch with us via text messages and inquired if we were enjoying our stay and if there was anything she could assist with. The room was very nice and clean. There was a mini-fridge available for use and a well stocked two cup coffee/tea brewing machine. We stayed for 3 nights and everything was perfect.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

The quality of the beverages we had (martinis and wine) was beyond awful. We were shocked that a property carrying the Hilton name apparently has as their head of beverage service an individual who has never sampled the beverages sold to the guests or who has no concern whatsoever about their quality and taste.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

The parking place is very far away from the hotel. Especially in the raining day or snow day, it's not good for driving there.

The room is very nice. the view is very nice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

the over all experience was excellent. Considering I was in town for my aunts funeral. My at stay at your hotel made it much easier it was close to everyone.staff was very helpful

• King Room with River View

The restaurant has a limited offering and is SUPER expensive

The location is excellent, short walk from the old city and the view from our room was beautiful

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

The rooms were a bit small, it looked really big in the picture.

Friendly staff, upgraded us to a top floor with a beautiful view and put our rooms close together.

• King Room with River View

It was seriously overpriced. The rooms didn't have a microwave or mini-fridge, which I'd expect from a room at half the price. All of the windows were dirty. Parking was an additional $20 per night and you are only allowed to leave once per day. The parking garage was full of trash, as well. For over $200 per night I would expect complimentary breakfast, but that's an additional $25. The hotel featured a restaurant, but you could easily tack on an additional $100 to your bill if you and a friend ate a meal or two there.

The bed was amazing and the view was pretty good. It is right in the center of town (good and bad). All of the staff was very nice and helpful and everyone I spoke to knew at least French and English.

• King Room with River View

the best hotel in town, location was a privilege hotel it self is awesome, Chloe at front desk was very professional and helpful, great staff and rooms

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

No umbrellas at the swimming pool.not enough shampoo in the bathroom, shower head is not functioning right.

Friendly Staffs, high rise building.nice view

• King Room with City View

Parking was a bit chaotic and most staff gave confusing directions in how to get there! Staff most welcoming indeed.

The view from 807 was stunning. The hotel is right next to the old town.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

The lighting is too dark, bed is a bit small, bathroom is a bit old. The coffee maker is not working and the lighting of the round mirror is not working too

Comfortable bed and clean bed sheet . Staff are friendly and efficient. Rom with good view of the parliament house

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

Excellent location! So close to Old Quebec and many other tourist locations, restaurants, etc. Didn't use our car until we had to leave. There is even a tour bus stop right outside the hotel!

• King Room with River View

Since tourism appears to be a major draw to this location, the onsite guidance provided about the area and it's attractions and events should be enhanced.

Friendliness and helpfulness.

• King Room with City View

Very comfortable room, with an amazing view of Quebec City. The complimentary soaps were lovely - lemongrass scent? Walking distance to all attractions in Old Quebec. Perfect.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

Limited menu in restaurant Restaurant at the top gloor was hardly open at all Would have liked a mini fridge in our room

Friendly staff, clean and well cared for pool and health club area. Complimentary wi fi was nice touch.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

Elevators being repaired resulting in huge crowds waiting for reduced service. Nobody warned us. Underground parking was very remote and badly signed and dirty. It was ridiculously expensive.

Room and view were fine

• King Room with River View

The Hilton Quebec is undergoing a reno of their elevators. Wait time for an elevator down or up, at times, was forever! We took the housekeeping elevator many times as they were operating much more efficiently.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

The sauna wasn't hot at all. TEPID. The women's locker room was messy -- hairs on the floor for a few hours, as I was at the pool that long and went in there to go to the bathroom a few times. I thought, "This is the HILTON. Why isn't this clean?" The cleaning woman should ALWAYS knock before she enters a room. I was surprised when she walked in. You should have a sign hanging from the door knob that says something like "Please clean the room" -- so the cleaning people know it's safe to enter (but they should knock before they do so). Some kid was playing in the pool with a plastic cup (for wine) and a soda can, which I later saw all torn up about 2 feet from the pool. That can could've cut someone. Kids splashing and loud -- where was the lifeguard to stop it? Elevators took too long to come.

Bed, pool, staff

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

nothing bad to say. everything was great.

the clean modern facilities and the comfortable bed and pillows as well as the great location of the hotel. would strongly recommend and will definitely return.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

The Maintanence work on the elevators were a problem as it's the peak holiday season They should choose a lean period for such activities

Location and proximity to the old Quebec town

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

The only downside was that the elevators were being worked. If that means a safer elevator ride than that's ok. That did not bode well for other guests tho, too bad for them.

The views were incredible from the 16th floor looking out towards Old Quebec City. The Staff were more than accommodating with their ease of switching from French to English. It was the First time for my partner to Quebec City and she cannot wait to come back. Her experience starting in the Hotel made all the difference, with the friendliness of the staff and all the people we met around Quebec City.

• King Room with River View

The renovation during our stay. The elevators were very slow. No mini fridge in the room. You can get ice only on every second floor.No ice machine on every floor.One would expect a better facility from Hilton.

The bed was comfortable.The location was good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

They're selling the brand only but not keeping up to the standard.. rooms in general are so old fashioned.. most hotels where I've paid around the same price a night have modern rooms.. they're dated. Bathrooms are small, tubs unclean, toiletries partially used, no water to drink (most offer 2 complimentary bottles a night). I actually found the bathrooms to be disgusting making the experience horrible.

The fact that it's close to city centre

• King Room with City View

expensive parking, more than 15 bucks is ripping off customers, price is good without taxes for one night it was around $70 of fees and taxes!

delicious breakfast ,

• King Room with City View

Elevators take forever and at times the button to call an elevator wont work and you have to keep trying. Elevator doors keep opening at every floor even if no one called for it. Also there was no fan/air flow in the elevators and it gets very stuffy.

Everything great except for elevators.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

Some of The elevators were under , as they called "modernisation " but it didn't cause a big issue as the hotel Management could plan tge circulation of guest properly . Then cleaning of the swimming pool on Monday 12/06/2017 was not done ... I think they could cover such point.

The staff were all nice & very helpful(Guillaume, Isabelle T., Caroline & others ). The location of Hilton Quebec is very suitable for families .

• King Room with City View

The pool area floors very dirty In changing room and out that part was not comfortable would probably not want to go back for that reason I go a lot to Quebec we try to stay at places with a pool but wasn't so clean lots of hair on floor

Room was clean and very nice

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Queen Room with City View

I wish the pool had been open longer.

Bed was super comfy, staff extra accommodating, and there's an Avis and Budget car rental on the property, making it easy to hire and return cars.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View

Bed was very unconfortable. I never slept as badly in a hotel. I had a backache after sleeping 3 night in this awful bed. The bath in the bathroom was dirty and carpet was disgusting. I've slept in several hotels all over the world and this is the first I judge it's worthwhile to make a bad evaluation to warn future clients about this hotel. Not worth the money at all. Very disappointed.

Location. Staff in the hotel was friendly but the valet parking staff was disorganised.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

The restaurant. Service was a little slow and not much of a variety to choose from. The bar and restaurant had the same menu so barroom munchies were not on the menu

The hotel staff from the valet to the cleaning staff were very nice. Pleasant to deal with and very helpful. Even with the language they were great. Would definitely stay here again

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View

The room was nice and we had a great view of the city. The bathroom in the room was perfectly fine and clean just not updated. It was just me and my daughter who came intown for a concert so we did not need much but we enjoyed the pool and fitness center and the location is great allowing you to access the old city but also close to the strip of restaurants and bars by the park which all have great outdoor seating. Coffee maker in room was nice and there was a parking garage attached to the building. Bring your skates because there is an outdoor ice rink very close.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and City View

Great service. My original room was noisy given the snow removal operation performed by the city outside at night time. At 1h00 AM I asked if another room was available but I knew the Hotel was pretty full because it was hosting a cross-country ski world cup. The staff managed to find a room on the top floors...in fact they gave me a huge suite at no additional charge and moved all my luggage up in a very quick turnaround time. That is great customer service! I would recommend the hotel without a doubt.

Browse Hilton Québec traveller photo gallery