Reviews of Hilton Suites Toronto-Markham Conference Centre & Spa 4 stars

8500 Warden Avenue, L6G 1A5 Markham, Canada

#9 of 14 hotels in Markham

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The rooms are tired (gold colour paint over bubbled damage on bathroom door) Lighting in bathroom is poor and not suitable for applying makeup - no makeup mirror.

First, 3 of my 8 rooms were mysteriously cancelled (confirmed with the Hilton the night prior to our arrival that I had 8 rooms), and then they charged us with a $75.00/night incidential fee regardless if we paid by credit card, debit, or cash. We asked other people were they charged the same thing and they said "no." Not sure if it was because we were American or because we were black we were charged the fee. On the website it only states they have a $75.00/night pet deposit. The rates on all of our rooms were higher than what the website stated. It took us two hours to check-in. They had to locate our rooms and changes the rates. It was a nightmare and I was almost in tears as I had whole families without rooms and being charged more than what I told them the room would be. I will never stay here again.

The rooms were spacious and it was in a nice facility close to resturants and other areas. We were able to catch the bus to the metro system. The pool and fitness area was nice.

• One Bedroom Deluxe King Suite with Kitchen

Room tag does not have sign for "PLEASE MAKE UP MY ROOM" which happened to my room did not clean after I left at 10:00AM and came back at 4:30PM. Not get use to call front desk to let them know I am leaving. $22 for breakfast is a little bit over compare the quality I received, especially the sausage I got that morning is really worst compare with the other Hotels. $10 for parking is kind of expansive

Good locations, nice space, nice to have self service laundry, close by supermarket, comfort to have extra bath room

• One-Bedroom King Suite

There was no other option for transport other than via Uber or renting a car. A shuttle service to downtown would be convenient.

The space of my room was luxurious.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Kitchen

The pool was so far from our room, we were over in the other building. We had to take 2 elevators and walk a far distance with the kids and then through the lobby and up 3 flight of stairs to get to the pool! Saturday morning I took the kids to swim and there was a swim class going on so we had to wait. I feel that if the pool is for the hotel it should be open to guests at all time. Not a great idea to have a fitness club and hotel guests sharing the centre. Also when we called at 130 they said our room would be ready at 2 when we got there as they were putting a rush on it. When we arrived at 220 it still wasn’t ready and again they said they would put a rush on it. They said no other rooms were available. At 3:10 our room was still not ready and finally they said another room was ready. We stayed in the king suite. We didn’t like that the doors were frosted as the light came through to the living room where the kids slept.

It was very clean. The room was nice and big and we liked the big kitchen.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite

The room service staff was extremely rude I order dinner and had a hair in my food when I call to inform them the were extremely ignorant they made me feel like it was my fault! They still charged me for the meal that had hair in it and gave me a breakfast voucher that I was unable to use! Extremely disappointed I stay in hotel a lot for business and I can definitely say I will not be returning to this Hilton anytime

Room was spacious

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Close to my son,s residence,great place to rest'My son stayed there 20 years ago ,when first coming to Markham.He is still the Chaplain for your fire department.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite

Someone must have been smoking in another room and every time our a/c came on we would get a horrible smell of cigarette smoke. Called the front desk and they had security look into it. Once security did the smell went away.

The room was incredible. Nice to have a full kitchen and separate bedroom too.

• One Bedroom Double Suite with Kitchen

A little bit of dirt in the corners...but overall, very clean. Pool/spa needs a bit of updating/cleaning, but was still happy with facilities and offerings in restaurant.

! bedroom suite with kitchen was fantastic!!!!

• One-Bedroom Double Suite

If there was a hairdryer I could not find it. Placement of second bed a little odd, almost touching window at bottom of bed. Room is really more suited to one queen rather than 2 doubles. Chair was crammed between bed and window.

Sepetate en suite was nice.

My son wanted to use his laptop but he needed to plug it in ...but the plug that was provided only had two legs not three legs plug. As well I had to bring that lamp from the bedroom to give him more lighting in the main room.

Prompt service

• One-Bedroom Double Suite

1. Room service way too expensive for what this hotel is, 2. Location is perfect with the 407 near by 3. Not really a family destination...for business great...not with kids

Best bed in the city! Staff were very helpful

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Very disappointed that there was no microwave in the room and there was none available upon check-in. We love to bring our own food to hockey tournaments and staying in suites in our main priority for the microwave and fridge. I understand that there is a microwave available to use at the front desk although I would expect that at a low cost motel not the Hilton.I apologize for the rant but it was a huge disappointment with all the food we brought. The elevators were very slow and I believe that it had a lot to do with poor surveillance of children going up and down and pressing all the floor buttons.

This hotel makes a great impression walking in through the revolving doors and concierge to greet you in the grandiose foyer with the ceiling all the way up to the top of the 10th floor with balconies over looking the foyer from every floor. Two of the 4 elevators had glass walls overlooking the foyer. The king bed was super comfy. I love the closed off bedroom at the back with huge windows and separate tv. The bathroom had all the travel size things you would need at good quality and the tiled shower was beautiful as well. I felt at home and very comfortable.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Guess family weekend kids were running up and down the halls until 12:30 in the morning and then pressing all the buttons for the elevator

Everything was great

Staff bad attitude

Staff charge early check in fee for extra $60 at 12:00, with very bad attitude, he was just not happy it was booked though booking.com not with him. He cannot find the reservation and I was told wait for 30 mins and then check in, ridiculous!

• One-Bedroom King Suite

I got checked into the wrong room. The shower didn’t have a door. The water got all over the floor. The overall presentation of the room was nothing special. I expected a lot more from the Hilton. My partner and I spent more on our room to have a “living space” but the furniture was old and scratched up. The light bulb was out in 1 of the lamps. I have spent less but stayed at much nicer hotels. The room was the furthest thing from impressive.

Comfy bed. Cozy bedding. Clean bathroom.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The fire alarm went off in the morning which can't be helped but it did wake me up ! Also I found the lighting to be too dull in my opinion.

Loved the suite I was in. It was clean and we'll set up with an awesome view.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Run down tired rooms hvac blowing dry air . Trrrible cold coffee offered for 4.20 $ a cup. Booked room for 4 no bedding provided for fold away bed. Desk would not bring bedding had to complain and go myself .

Checking out

• One-Bedroom Double Suite

Called ahead to ensure amenities would be open and available. Arrived at the hotel to be told that the pool and hot tub were closed for a few days. Booked this hotel especially for that. Was disappointed.

Was compensated for parking as the amenities were closed. Not a big consolation prize but it was something.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The bathroom in our room was gross and not well thought out. We had ice thrown at us from the balcony while sitting at the bar.

Staff was nice. Payment was easy.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite

I had a few issues with the personnel at reception during both check in an out due to making my two reservations throught booking.com. I had to spend extra money, time and nerves to overcome these issues. I'm not happy with the overall service at this hotel.

The room was a bit old, but fine.

• One Bedroom Double Suite with Kitchen

Hall carpets dated and dirty. Only 1 mirror in the whole suite. Front lobby nice.

The pillows were comfortable as were the duvets. Front desk staff very friendly

• One-Bedroom King Suite

-The room was outdated and you could see the quick-and-dirty fixes made to the walls and sealing. - My room was close to some hotel facility so I could hear house keeping staff easily. - There was no info brochure about hotel facilities (e.g. spa, gym,...) in the room except than room service menu.

I have attended an event at the same hotel so it was very convenient. The bed was very good and comfortable for me. The free WiFi was surprisingly fast. Clean bathroom

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Shower had extremely low pressure and little water. I felt cold to take a shower. So i thought i could take a bath instead, but the drain plug didnt work. I was in a room wirh kitchen and the fridge was not very clean. There was a small office as well but without curtains!

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Room was old, need new carpet, not in main part of hotel, had to walk a mile to the room in another building,didn’t seem like we were part of the hotel ,I had to clean up the room myself, maid didn’t do a good job. Had to pay ten dollars for parking a night, out in the middle of nowhere, so far north of the city, should be free parking! Twenty dollars each for breakfast, didn’t do that either. Next time in Toronto, we will not book this hotel, just a kilometre away nice hotel ,newer, cleaner and free parking.

Bed was comfortable, that’s all I liked

• One-Bedroom King Suite

I booked a suit. Mirror was dirty, sofa needs to be replaced as we sank in the sofa. The sofa also looks as if you will go through it. We fiddled with the tv for about 45 minutes before calling front desk because we wanted to view a movie, and it should not be complicated at all. Afterwards, I gave up and my son fiddled with it for another 30 minutes!!!! totally disappointed. Also now running after my receipt to make certain I was not charged for like 10 movies!!!

• One-Bedroom King Suite

There wasn’t anything I didn’t like

All of it... the gym is huge, the staff is very kind, the location is super, my room was huge and the breakfast was really good

• One-Bedroom Double Suite

The bartender in the lounge seemed annoyed and out of place. I’m fairly certain he double billed me and a couple I was chatting with.

Professional check in and check out. Fast and friendly.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Paid parking was unexpected, $10 a night to park in an outside parking lot, not even inside. Breakfast left a lot to be desired and kept getting annoying calls from the front desk at odd hours.

Beds were very comfortable, lots of space in the room, very clean

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Property management decided to service the elevators during check-in / check-out time, which was quite disruptive to guests. I had to walk up the stairs to me room on the the 10th floor. Certainly won't be visiting this hotel again soon.

• One Bedroom Double Suite with Kitchen

We had the Double Room, Kitchen suite. Room was not clean properly. Found crap under the beds. Spots on the carpet and wall. Spiders crawling everywhere. Room set up was bad, tried squeezing too much into one room. Ended up bumping into tables and beds all the time. Walls were thin and can hear plumbing through the walls. Told management and they only waived the parking fees which is stupid... $10 a day! During our check in, this person whose name started with a Z or whatever, decided to act like a (you know what) and treat me like I was some peasant. He did not explain that you needed to put down a $600 deposit. He also did not explain the location of our rooms very well. We also called for someone to come check out some problems in our room and no one came. Hilton is overrated. Not worth $450 as well as parking. Room service is a joke. Never staying here again.

Facilities, Kitchen suite was provided with a fridge that was actually cold, a small dishwasher, sink and a stove! Pretty cold kitchen set up, felt like it was an apartment!

• One-Bedroom Corner Suite with Two Double Beds

A charge for bringing a water in our room. Should have any complimentary water inside the room for guests that spent a long way travelling.

Staff are nice.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite

The staff at the reception are nor friendly and welcome like we expect from a. 5 star hotel . You need to ask for information that they suppose to provide .

I liked the location and the Spa.... the food is amazing at the lobby restaurant !!

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Coffee maker didn't work. Restaraunt food was expensive. Not a lot to do around the hotel, outside of what was part of the hotel.

Pool, room and zen garden

• One-Bedroom King Suite

A few of the bath towels had burn marks and the mirror in the bedroom was a little dirty. The seal of the mouthwash was broken so I was not sure if someone else had used it.

I liked the cleanliness of the shower. The bed was comfortable and the top floor view was very nice.

• One Bedroom Double Suite with Kitchen

Breakfast too expensive, price for the parking

Room service, cleanliness, free water on the chek-in, parking close to the entrance, easiness to pay, quiet room, good internet signal

• One-Bedroom Double Suite

Wasn't told I needed a permit to take photos on my wedding day. Staff didn't know permit fee and took forever to find information about the permit. First they said I could get it right on the spot through security than they said I can't be granted one because I didn't book in advance and that my wedding wasn't held in the hotel. My room did not meet my expectation for me to prepare for my wedding. There's no mirror for us to get ready to apply our makeup just the mirror in washroom which was not helpful to my makeup artist.

Wouldn't go back again nor would I recommend this hotel.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The cleanliness. The atmosphere. My room is facing south west, looking in the patio which is really a nice view. I like the restaurant and front lobby. Feel very relaxing when walk in the hotel. People are friendly.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

It was an expensive cab ride from downtown. Perhaps an occasional shuttle bus would be appreciated by guests! :)

I enjoyed the spaciousness of the adjoining (and separate) bedroom.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite

Week prior to arrival they changed the check out time from 12pm to 11am. I felt this lose of one hour should be better reflected in the overall price of our stay.

Good food.

• One-Bedroom Corner Suite with Two Double Beds

I asked for a crib for my baby but they forgot to give me. I ended up sleeping with my baby in the same bed. Bathroom is a bit old (I can see the age of this hotel). But it is usual that it doesn't have a ventilation fan.

Room is spacious. Location is convenient. Lots of facilities in this 4-start hotel. I saw people had weddings here. Swimming pool, racquet ball courts. Property is also large with a garden on the 2nd floor.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite

little bit dusty on the bedroom mirror and night table, but they cleaned for me right away on next day after I request.

it's a comfy king size bed!

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Discomfort in general

Bed not comfy at all, too small & too soft, not as it used to be a couple of years back then. Lack of cleanliness in bathroom

No complaints .

We did not realize that we had stayed there before and really liked it. It was sharp and contempary in design. It had a 1st rate bakery there . They were kind in letting us stay longer with our family that we were visiting. We loved the kitchen suite - clean and attractive. We were located a main highway making getting around easy .

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The helpfulness and there was no breakfast in the morning

I had trouble booking in they where going to run me away and not try to help with it u spent 100 on a cab to get there with my family I think it should be harder to book or more helpful when u check in

• One-Bedroom King Suite

booked through a web based site,,, said we could have a smoking room,,, not available when we arrived. had no clue about swipe card in the elevator

everything was awesome,,,,

• One-Bedroom Double Suite

Attendants did a great job with cleaning, but there were stains on the cushions of pull out sofa bed

Beautiful grounds, restaurants, convenient stores, suite style perfect for family

• One-Bedroom King Suite

I did not like the customer service and the staff of Hilton. My friend visited me and the staff of Hilton said something bad about me to my friend. They said I have made so many requests. They should not say that. I am a customer and the requests I made on the day I made a hotel booking. Why they talked to my friend about this? For what purpose? If they cannot do it then refuse or voice out not to say something bad about customer. And the hotel charged me the higher amount than the actual amount I should pay and also charged the deposit. They gave me wrong receipt and the amount on the receipt different from the amount charged to my credit card. I have been waiting for the refund and the hotel still did not reply to me.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite

The only thing I could say was that the cleaning lady knocked on our door to asked if we were checking out. I found it a little weird/uncomfortable. May be she was just doing her job but they should have better communication with the front desk about that

We needed blankets and toothpaste when we arrived at the hotel at 3am, the staffs was very nice and patient with us at this late of the day!

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Sheets were dirty. Had red stains and dirt stains. When asked to change the sheets they told us we would have to wait till next day. Unacceptable. The service waa garbage. We stayed here right after our wedding and the hilton experience put a bad taste in my mouth.

Nothing. There were too many negatives to notice any positives.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite

Not close to too many things. Sofa and chair look tired. A piece of body hair on the toilet seat when I checked into the room. Charge for parking. Front desk staff not really that friendly.

Where my conference was. Internet connection was great. Automatically upgraded to a suite (I was by myself).

• One-Bedroom Corner Suite with Two Double Beds

Lady at the check in desk was extremely rude and unhelpful. Gentleman at the front door had his head down resting on a desk instead of watching for who needed help. I've never had such bad servcie.

Cleaning staff were friendly and decent

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite

They have huge parking lot, yet you have to pay for parking. The staff failed to clean the room 1 night out of three. The fan in the washroom was not working and they couldn't fix it. The noise from the lobby could be heard in the room at night.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Service was excellent. Everyone was extremely helpful for the purposes of my stay. My room was ready when I arrived and my check in was seamless. I absolutely was BLOWN AWAY by the fitness facility- wow! I had an awesome workout prior to the event I was attending. Fantastic setup of all machines, free weights and body weight training equipment.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I have tried to resolve the extra payment issue with booking.com have had no joy. I have taken it with credit card co total amount collected from my credit card in £1232.92 and transaction fee £32.00. Invoice from Hilton total cost in CAD 1942.00 refunded CAD 97.42 convert it into sterling at rate I booked room 1.6542 amount collected should have been £1115.08. M&S have refunded me transaction fee cost £32.00. I would appreciate if it can be resolved amicably.

Grace receptionist was excellent in helping to resolve extra payment collected from my credit card. Paul in the restaurant was great help when it came to breakfast. Excellent SPA alas one has to book in well advance

• One-Bedroom Double Suite

I was extremely impressed with one of the reception staff members. After the first night in the hotel I asked her if there is anything to do regarding bed sizes: they were small and we were not very comfortable. She tried very hard and I was able to get much better accommodations for my family at an excellent rate. I came back to say thank you and she said something amazing: "I'm very glad to help: you are smiling now; you weren't a few minutes ago." Now that is exceptional. EDIT: Said staff was Mme. Grace Cowan.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The shower in the morning was terrible. It would get cold with very little pressure, then warm a bit. I was freezing by the time I was done and I was not able to wash my hair.

I liked how clean the whole place was and the layout of our room.

• One-Bedroom Corner Suite with Two Double Beds

Beds very uncomfortable, especially dogs bed. You were basically sleeping on the metal frame and springs. Floor or chair was a better option. No balconies and Suite was supposed to have a kitchenet. Guest services were unfriendly and rude. Gratuity of 15% automatically added on and staff still wanted mlgratuity? Spa same experience very expensive and rips their clients off by adding customer service charge on all services including products and still want a gratuity in the end. Totally unacceptable and very unprofessional. Gratuity should never be added or demanded. It is up to the customer to decide if they wish to add a tip.

Was the Unionville Gym, this was under construction. Difficult to get to. Aqua Fit Instructor Sandy was terrific. Very disappointed with the Hilton Staff. Unprofessional, made us feel like peasants especially at the Spa. Thus was supposed to be a relaxing getaway and instead were more stressed out then when we arrived. Very expensive and I would not recommend at all.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Our reception was bizarre like we interrupted the lady filing her nails. She did not give us a warm welcome. Where do they find these people ?

Clean, quiet, good parking

• One-Bedroom Double Suite

Staff could have been a little more leinient. We have had many staff from the hotel follow us everywhere throughout our stay which was a little uncomfortable for me

Loved everything about it

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Bear in mind that as this is Canada 16% in various taxes will be added to your bill. AND you will be charged $8.95 (US) for parking!

The shower has room for six! But one small caddy. And nowhere to put a foot up - to see to feet and (mainly for women) to shave your legs. But, asked for a chair and without hesitation a shower chair was produced!

• One-Bedroom King Suite

I was given a room that was next to a room that was under construction. I awoke to hammers and other construction activities at approx. 8 a.m. I was not informed of any construction activities during check in and was hoping to have a comfortable sleep before my meetings. Very poor service

Decent facility- pool, hot tub, gym. Food was ok

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• One-Bedroom King Corner Suite

Not a big fan with big group tourists.

Excellent location which closes to major HWYs and many restaurants for Asian food within 10 mins driving radius.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• One-Bedroom Double Suite

Free wifi is VERY poor! This is the poorest connection I've experienced having stayed in more than ten hotels in GTA. I stayed in two rooms for four.nights. Both room had poor connection. Simply for this reason I will not come back again.

Location is great, close to several shopping complex. The hotel occupies a quite big area. and rooms are big as well.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite

We had to switch rooms 4 times during the night, and there was a horribly loud and and annoying "drilling sound coming from the floor below us and it woke us from our sleep more then 5 times

The hotel is beautiful and the staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite

The Room , does not have complimentary water not even for making coffee . The mini bar is empty and the room service shut down after 11 pm .

The Bed is very comfortable . Parking for guest was free this time .

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite

Mini fridge was unbalanced. Tap in bathroom was loose. Remote in bedroom seemed to be too far for signal to work. I had to keep sitting up & move closer to the tv for it to work. Continental breakfast was pretty expensive especially for a serve yourself standard breakfast that was pretty bland.

Loved the tv in both the sitting area & bedroom. Bed was very cozy. Suite was spacious. Lobby & clear elevator with overlooking balcony was a nice feature.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Double Suite

They should not advertise an open out sofa bed if the mattress (no exaggeration) is only 2" thick. At check-in when they said the thrid person would be extra charge, my sister said well is the third bed comfortable? The clerk looked at us and said ok I won't charge for the third person. Its not like imwas getting a free breakfast for that person so really not necessary to charge for the. The sofa bed you could feel every spring and metal bar. Also of note was there was no little sink by coffee machine and refrigerator. The microwave was on a table next the the couch. These items are usually near each other in an alcove. So room was not convenient if you brough food.

Loved the lobby bar and restaurant.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

• One Bedroom Double Suite with Kitchen

It was very confusing to find our room in the separate building, and using your key in the evelvator. It's a nice "safety" thing but if you were told at the desk it would help.

Bedding is great!

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• One Bedroom Double Suite with Kitchen

They used to provide bottles of water, electrical kettle and slippers without asking. This time, no slippers, and only privide water and kettle when asked.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Double Suite

At check-in we were not informed of the common facilities fee or the parking fee. Both should have been explained at check-in, not check-out.

Location was easily accessible.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Double Suite

Everything! It was a nightmare! The hotel in general is very cold, and the rooms are also VERY COLD. The rooms have a big windows right next to the bed, and it feels like you are sleeping next to an open freezer. I had to take extra blankets and stick them under and around the windows trying to keep the cold away We spent most of the 2 days we stayed there, changing rooms, trying to find one where the heaters worked. It was -15c outside and apparently the "Hilton standard temperature" as the Hotel manager claimed, is 22c. The hotel manager Kateryna Franchuk is someone you don't want to ever have anything to do with. She is a cold, heartless rood woman, she's unprofessional, and she has zero empathy. So we stayed two nights. On the first night we didn't sleep because the heating fan was right on top of the bed and in order to get the temperature up to at least 26c ( yes the manager is a liar! The heat could go higher than 22c ) the fan turned on every 3 minutes and it was very loud. I am a light sleeper so it was impossible to fall asleep with that noise. It sounded like you were on an airplane. So the following morning I spoke to Daria Krikun, the Guest Services Supervisor, who is very nice. She was very understanding, always a smile on her face. Miss Krikun did everything possible to make it up to us. She offered a 50% discount on the first night, free parking, ( yes you have to pay 10$ per night) and room service for the breakfast the following day. So she gave us another room which seemed warmer at the time, but I realized later it was because the sun beats inside the room in the daytime, so it was warm when I saw it. When that night we went to the room to sleep, I realized that no matter how high the thermostat read, the air coming out of the vent was cold. It read 26c, but the air was absolutely cold. I called someone at around midnight, to check the room temperature, and he realized that the air coming out, was indeed cold.

Daria Krikun, the Guest Services Supervisor, who is very nice. She was very understanding, and had always a smile on her face.