Reviews of Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites 3 stars

#29 of 70 hotels in Winnipeg

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

good bit discomfort
    • One Bedroom Double/Double Suite

no toothbrush set on the room and no one will to bring on the room so I went to recep, have to wear jackets and shoes on and present my self even I’m not brushing!discomfort..

i like the service in bistro 1800 and the generous food it was really superb. Kristin the server exceed our expectation giving me a birthday treat.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Loved the room, it was so comfortable, clean it was great.
    • One-Bedroom Two Double Beds Suite Accessible

I would have to say, the pool was disappointing, in the sense that, both times we went down to the pool there was no towels, the first time a man had to call to the front desk, the second time we went without. No one answered the phone when I tried to call, I am assuming the front desk was busy.

Loved the room, it was so comfortable, clean it was great.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Overall very very pleased with the room and the service. Good value for the money.
    • Executive Double Suite

The hours for the executive lounge could have been better laid out to us. From what the book said we were under the impression that nothing was served over the week-end and closed early Friday and to just help yourself to coffee, drinks and cereal during these times however that was not the case. Had we known we would have gotten up earlier to enjoy the hot breakfast. The room book could also indicate that delivery charge and gratuity were added to the room service bill. Not being a frequent traveller I tipped not knowing the gratuity had already been added. I used Booking.com - description of room should indicate that robes are included. We brought robes because we didn't know (just less luggage to lug around).

LOVED that I could bring my pet. Executive Lounge was fantastic.

first and last time
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Rooms a little dated Worn out corridors Temperature of the conditioning system too low in the corridors risk of congestion Small parking or paid alternative

Nice persons

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Staff came quickly to reclean our room.
    • One Bedroom Double/Double Suite

Our room needed some recleaning. Toilet. Surfaces of tables were dirty. Floor wasnt wiped.

Staff came quickly to reclean our room. Complementary breakfast was offered because of the inconvenience but we never ate at the hotel. Room rate was excellent! Front desk staff was friendly. Hotel was very quiet we couldn't hear any noise when we were in our room! Great family room. Kids enjoyed the pool it's not to deep for young kids

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

It was a nice place to stay
    • One Bedroom Double/Double Suite

Coffee pot didn’t work half the time unless I stood there and held the power button and our couch was noisy when getting up, sitting down, and moving around

Suite was nice

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Except for the smell it was great!
    • One Bedroom Double/Double Suite

There was an awful smell coming from the drain in the tub. Perhaps some air freshener in the bath room would be a good addition. I was told by friends that this smell is common in some Wpg areas.

I was very impressed with everything; the size of the room, the Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries, the soft bed, and having a restaurant and lounge in house.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

The Hilton is in a quiet and convenient location!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

I wasn't overly thrilled with the food service. I found it was not as good as what I expected. Since I was only there for the 1 night and left at 0330 to catch my flight, I ended up eating in the bar. The room is noisy and I didn't particularly care for the atmosphere. The menu was quite pricey and I felt that the food was not prepared there, but rather thawed and heated up...the onion soup, for example, didn't really live up to my expectations. The bartender was responsible for serving the food. I chose to eat at the hotel because I didn't notice any restaurants nearby. She was very friendly and attentive.

My room was very clean and comfortable. Had a nice sleep on a quiet floor. Also, I chose this hotel because it is near the airport & I was flying at a very early hour so I took advantage of their shuttle service. All hotel staff were cordial and polite!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

We had a good time in Winnipeg, first time back there in 26 years.
    • One Bedroom Double/Double Suite

The pool was a bit cold for my son, but he sucked it up and we played in it two day so overall it was ok.

I wasn't expecting a suite and my son has never stayed in a hotel suite before so a very big novelty for him. Great location for everything we wanted to do from The Forks to the Zoo to the Airport on our way home.

Room is big enough for 5.
    • One-Bedroom Two Double Beds Suite Accessible

The sofa bed is now too soft. Time to get a newone. Our view is not on a good side. No cutlery. The aircon is not working to adjust cooler

Room is big enough for 5. Free cookies from the counter. Weve been accomodated for early chk since we arrived too early from toronto drive

Lovely place to stay
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

I stayed one night as I had to be at the airport. The suite was enormous with a sitting area / kitchen, bathroom and a large bedroom. It felt more like a home than a hotel room. The room was clean, the staff helpful and friendly. The attention to detail as I ordered room service for breakfast. They rang to let me know it was on the way. I would definitely stay there again

It was alright!
    • One Bedroom Double/Double Suite

The fact that I had to repeat myself with the correction of my reservation to about 4 different staff members working the front desk including the day manager....it was ridiculous that I had to fight for my reservations that were made a month in advance and they had no clue where it was when I clearly had to show each of them my reservation on my phone.....overall it was n okay stay for us.....restaurant is pretty pricey so we went elsewhere to eat!

I liked the fact that some of the staff were pretty reasonable and how they gave us a king suite for the night and letting us stay in that room till we were able to move into our regular dbl dbl bed suite and even gave us a couple extra hours at checkout. Rooms were big and clean and was enough room for our group of 15 adults plus kids.

Desk staff unhelpful and argumentative, plus unresolved internet issues.
    • One Bedroom Double/Double Suite

1. Check in staff member was not friendly. 2. Reported internet issues, staff were not helpful. 3. Reported issues with being told incorrect information about breakfast hours (we were told 3 different times) and got only leftovers. 4. Check out staff member was the most dissatisfying, I reported issues with breakfast and he continued to be argumentative. I was also charged for breakfast when it was meant to be included with my membership level.

The room itself was clean and comfortable.

Everything.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Everything was wonderful. There was nothing we didn't like.

Everything. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The accommodation were very clean and comfortable and very quiet. Thank you for an amazing stay.

The bed was AMAZING I wanted to bring it home!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

I had found a glow stick under the couch ... and my tap was missing the handle in the kitchen area

The bed was AMAZING I wanted to bring it home! First time my husband slept the whole night through!

Was a short stay, but the room layout was wonderful.
    • One Bedroom Double/Double Suite

Was a short stay, but the room layout was wonderful. Room was bright, clean and comfy. Enjoyed having the walk-thru washroom connecting living room to bedroom.

Room was large and clean.
    • One Bedroom Double/Double Suite

WiFi was ridiculously slow and pool was not in service. This was not good when travelling with multiple kids.

Room was large and clean. No issues with the room.

The pool area was closed due to fumes of paint or whatever.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The pool area was closed due to fumes of paint or whatever..my gf and i booked the room to enjoy a nice weekend in the pool area and jacuzzi but ended up sitting in the room watching tv..nobody told us before that’s not fair i think!!

Comfortable, spacy hotel close to the airport but a bit aged

The room is a bit old

The room is big with a bedroom and a rest place in the suit. The staff were friendly. The location is very close to the airport with free shuttle aervice. There is a bus stop in front of the hotel that takes you directly to the downtown.

Beautiful room
    • One Bedroom Double/Double Suite

This was by far the best room I’ve ever been in! And my baby boy loved theming size bed! Was so nice that they read my request online, and actually had a playpen in the room for him! It was beautiful and clean and so cozy, we didn’t want to leave lol

The restaurant was awful .
    • One Bedroom Double/Double Suite

The restaurant was awful ... then once I left the reception called back and insisted on another credit card due to the fact that they failed to add the necessary charges

It was a bit loud and the cleaning staff did not knock...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

It was a bit loud and the cleaning staff did not knock before entering on the morning I was scheduled to check out , 2 hrs prior to the time I was supposed to leave

Staff was helpful despite what they had to work with. I would never stay here again.
    • One-Bedroom Two Double Beds Suite Accessible

When I got there they had the front parking lot blocked off. I had two senior citizens with me. It was a long haul for them to walk a lot further to get to the room. They told me that despite paying for a double bed suite that they would have to move us to a one king bed room. I said no can’t do it. The staff did everything that they could to accommodate what I had paid for. Finally moved someone else into a different room. AC in the room didn’t work, windows were sealed shut. The room smelled like mold. The furniture was worn. The ice machines on my floor didn’t work. Went to 3 other floors to find an ice machine that worked. Definitely not what I’m used to when staying at a Hilton.

Staff was friendly

The fact that the person was very reasonable when we checked...
    • One Bedroom Double/Double Suite

Loved the layout of the queen suite nothing bad about this hotel.

The fact that the person was very reasonable when we checked in and very courteous! And they acknowledged my requests which most hotels won't. Another great thing was that they didn't do a pre auth ......Country Inn messed up my cards and I'm still dealing with them 😈

My youngest was teary eyed when we had to leave

Nothing I can think of.

Because of a faulty toilet flush we were transferred immediately to the executive level to compensate for the small trouble we encountered. My children had so much fun at the executive lounge which was an unexpected bonus!

Would not stay again or recommend.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Pool Side

Could not get in to 24hour gym I went to get staff they let me in the 18+ gym it was full of kids. I said is it not an 18+ gym and they just stood there and did nothing. That evening same thing. Messed up my whole day. On arrival they switched my room and charged me more due to no elivator access to the room I booked online. Many hairs in tub. Tiny fridge that froze our food.

Comfortable bed

We had to leave the restaurant.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Pool Side

We had to leave the restaurant. We were given menus and water and no one came back for twenty minutes and there were only three tables taken in the restaurant. Table behind us stated waited forty minutes for meals and they were eating salads.

Room was great, great value.
    • One Bedroom Double/Double Suite

We had some rowdy guests on our floor. Got no sleep. Staff gave us a free breakfast which was so kind.

Room was great, great value. Staff was amazing.

The room was nothing i was expecting well worth the price it...
    • Executive Double Suite

We previously made reservations but when we checked in was totally different...which was okay with me just thought you's should know

The room was nothing i was expecting well worth the price it was.

The check in was very fast and efficient.
    • One Bedroom Double/Double Suite

The parking lot was hard to navigate with spots overflowing with ice and snow. Our request for an extra blanket was not brought. There was no complimentary breakfast.

The check in was very fast and efficient. The room was very tidy.

Overall a good weekend retreat with close friend.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Pool Side

Being poolside, the pool was suppose to close at 11 p.m. But they was still a loud group in pool area past 12:15 p.m. Until someone finally did come to ask them to leave. A movie costs $24.99 to rent. Excellent work equipment in work out room

The room was on the main floor poolside. Excellent complementary cookies located at the front desk. Comfortable beds. Great parking. Very courteous front desk staff. Housekeeping excellent by asking when to return to clean the room because we were not out by 11 am and staying another day.

it was a nice comfortable stay! staff were great and room was a great value
    • One Bedroom Double/Double Suite

Shower head was old and falling apart, could have had a few extra towels, ( they only supplied 3) for a 3 person room, and ice machine wasnt working in the hallway. Also would have been nice if there were a plate or 2 and some cutlery, as there was a microwave and mini fridge.

We were upgraded to a king room with pullout at no extra charge, 2 tvs in the suite and bathroom access from both areas. View was nice too. Quiet room. We were given free breakfast last day due to some minor issues ee experienced as detailed below. Staff were phenomenal!!

It was a great stay overall.
    • One Bedroom Double/Double Suite

The coffee was not strong enough for me. And I would have liked a continental breakfast

The bed was extra comfy. The breakfast was too expensive so we went out. The coffee could be stronger. But it was a great week end

Was an enjoyable stay!
    • One-Bedroom Two Double Beds Suite Accessible

My family didn't like how cold the pool was and there was no spare blanket for the pull out couch. Plus the cleaning staff forgot to refill toilet paper.

I liked the fact I was able to stay in 1 room with my family, as it is hard to find rooms for a family of 6.

Great weekend.
    • King Room - Pool Side

Pool was freezing cold which was disappointing as that’s why I booked a poolside room - I could not get the room cooler then 73 which was way to warm.

Free cookies. Great restaurant. Easy check in.

It was a nice homey environment.
    • One Bedroom Double/Double Suite

Staff that checked me in were awesome. I did not like the attitude of another staff member that checked my family and I out. Taking the debit machine from my hands as I was waiting for my refund back because it did not work the first time and proceeding to tell me not to touch or move my card was a little assumptious and rude. Ruined my morning leaving the hotel. Other than that, the rest of my stay was the best.

I liked the cleanliness and the quiet environment.

Hilton only by name
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Pool Side

The pool was quite cold and the coffee maker in the room is poor quality. The bed mattress was also of poor quality.

The location is a 5 minute drive from good shopping.

I requested bananas from room service but there were none...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

I don't understand why there are only 2 caffeinated coffees left in the room. With 2 adults, 4 would be appropriate.

I requested bananas from room service but there were none (they had been kept in the fridge and were soft). I was disappointed. One of the staff went out of her way to find me a fresh banana. When I called down for more coffee packages she showed up with a full pot of fresh coffee (she had some extras from an event that would have otherwise been thrown out). Above and beyond. Wonderful!

Hoildays from HELL,
    • One Bedroom Double/Double Suite

All most everything was not good this time, we have been there lots of times, but this time it was the worse, with pool been closed, midnight fighting kicking running in the hall ,couple of doors away which went on for some time, kids breaking stuff in fittiness centre, pouring water with soap around pool area,It was so bad i want my money back. I would like if some one would call me

Going home

Beds were comfortable
    • One Bedroom Double/Double Suite

The fact that we booked a double suite and when we got there we (as in 3 adults n 4 children) where shuffled into a king suite. and nothing was even offered to make up for the lack of beds we had. And alot drunk people around.

Beds were comfortable

humiliating and embarrassing to First Nation people as i have experienced
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

the fact that I was RACIALLY PROFILED, followed to my room. questioned immediately with a phone call to my room to verify my account. As a leader of a First Nation community I felt very humiliated and embarrassed. I called management the following week to which no avail. My personal experience of the situation is to say, stay away, avoid the scrutiny

Probably wouldn't stay again.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Coffee maker was full of rotten noodles, didn't notice until after wife drank some coffee! Hilton staff offered her a free coffee in restaurant.Room smelled musty there was a air purifier in the middle of the floor on a cart!!!

Having private room in suite.

The fact that we were able to enjoy our stay without being...
    • One Bedroom Double/Double Suite

The fact that we were able to enjoy our stay without being kept an eye on and staff was very accomodating and friendly.....loved that the pool was open late so after being put for the day....we still had time to swim. Our room was private and away from everythi.g which I really liked.

Great. No problems.
    • One Bedroom Double/Double Suite

Short on coffee at our Supper on Friday night.

I have nothing further to add except we were short on coffee at our table. I got half a cup only. Could have put a pot on the table after serving everybody for those who wanted more.

Great expectations but reality kicked in.
    • One Bedroom Double/Double Suite

When we arrived the door to the room was ajar. Maybe that is usual? Booked for 5 adults yet the hide a bed had only a sheet on it and no additional bedding to put on it. Poor lighting. Room looked dated. We thought for what we paid we would have had a nicer room. Nothing major to worry about.

Liked the location. Liked the view from the window.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Great staff, dumpy place
    • Executive Double Suite

Hot tub wasn't working, the pool was small and freezing, construction on our floor, room was falling apart- wall paneling down, paint peeling off the walls

All of the staff I met were very friendly and helpful. Although construction was taking place, it was quite at night.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Good value, nice rooms.

Not much

Good value, nice rooms.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Location, room setting and closeness to the Airport.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Pool Side

Dusty table, can't give already water free.

Location, room setting and closeness to the Airport.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Room was a great size and loved it.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The parking lot renovations.

Room was a great size and loved it.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Best stay ever

Everything was wonderful

It was beyond my expectations it was so clean

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Lightning in room was terrible

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Unbelievably large room!

Crowded parking lot.

Unbelievably large room! Very spacious and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

The room and the customer service was excellent.
    • One Bedroom Double/Double Suite

There was no towels at the pool at all my stay there.

The room and the customer service was excellent.

Price and comfort

Price and comfort

the bed was comfy and the room itself was so spacious.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

the bed was comfy and the room itself was so spacious. A whole extra living room makes the world of a difference.

bed was great and pillows too!

free breakfast

bed was great and pillows too!

Friendly and fun check in.
    • One Bedroom Double/Double Suite

Restaurant was understaffed and slow. Appetizers and meal came or at the same time so we had no room on the table.

Friendly and fun check in.

All I’m alll good time
    • Executive Double Suite

That my son scratched his back on the pool

The look for the room

Beautiful facility

Needed more blankets

Beautiful facility

The price and room was very nice
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

On our booking it showed the hot tub symbol but all we got was a regular bathtub/shower combo

The price and room was very nice

all in all it was good, will definetly be coming back
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

the beds could've been a bit more firmer

I like a hard bed ....this one was ok....

Not enough parking spaces

Not enough parking spaces

Value for money

Value for money

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Staff

Staff

Excellent couldn’t have been better
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Very good ,clean, excellent sized rooms, great shower

Nice room close to airport
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Elevator was a little scary it needs to be looked at it jumped and vibrated once it got to the top floor

Room was very nice and comfortable

Comfortable beds

The room smells a bit

Comfortable beds

Location, quiet, impeccably clean
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Parking “in the back” there isn’t enough lighting.

Location, quiet, impeccably clean

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Great place to stay!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Great place to stay! Everyone was so helpful and they don’t charge for bring dogs!!

The room is quite old and other furnitures too coz I was...
    • One Bedroom Double/Double Suite

The room is quite old and other furnitures too coz I was expecting a modern hotel since this is Hilton. It didn’t meet my expectation.

Very bad and poor service. All infrastructure is outdated. No WiFi signal in rooms. Staff dealing go
    • One Bedroom Double/Double Suite

Was impressed with size and price.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Was impressed with size and price... All excellent as was the restaurant

Great room, good wifi, nice staff.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Great room, good wifi, nice staff. Will definitely be back on my next trip to Winnipeg.

One of the only hotels near the airport where you can get a...
    • One Bedroom Double/Double Suite

One of the only hotels near the airport where you can get a true suite with one bedroom.