Reviews of Hilton Toronto Airport Hotel & Suites 4 stars

5875 Airport Road, L4V 1N1 Mississauga, Canada

#25 of 84 hotels in Mississauga

5.3

The bed was comfortable.

More selection of food on the menu (for lunch and supper). The entrance to the hotel was a challenge to get too. Missed the turn!!

The bed was comfortable. The service at breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

thin walls and very noisy at night.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

thin walls and very noisy at night. can hear door slamming the whole time. protest very early in the morning right in front of the hotel. Got woken up 6:30 AM

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Good Value Close to Airport

Staff member at check out was not friendly. Service in the restaurant was slow.

Free airport shuttle runs regularly. We were upgraded to a beautiful room with a king-size bed which was very comfortable. Lovely surroundings and pleasant staff at check-in.

Only stayed for 3 days.

Had to register at some program to access the WIFI.

Only stayed for 3 days. Very good hotel, large, clean rooms and free shuttle service to the airport, which is operated 24/7. From there it is easy to travel to downtown Toronto. Would book again.

Will never book with Hilton again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff had no professionalism. Main desk attendant (kenneth) was just pure waste. Upon asked for water bottle he shoved 4 bottles onto us, didn't know how to greet or even talk in proper manner. Despite booked on upper floor he gave LL (BASEMENT) room. When asked why he did that, he answered, there is no guarantee when you book from third party( booking.com) and said if we didn't like the room provided, we could cancel the booking and talk to booking.com. which was shocking. And that was middle of the night. We asked for the manager and had to wait 30 mins for the manager to show up after being all tired from the flight with our 6 year old daughter. Attendant had some kind of mental issue. Upon asked for manager he said words like "you guys making it very hard for me" and almost started crying. We were like this is the bad situation. At that point we moved back a little and just demanded to talk to the manages. We ended up staying but exoerimce wasn't very pleasant. Inside room, room needed major renovations. Bath tub around the drain was very rusted. Drywall was popped out at few spots at joints. Very old electric switches and loosened up.

Location is somewhat convenient.

Sub par
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Restaurant staff was not up front in stating that there was a cost for the continental breakfast buffet if you were not a gold member. Also, this hotel does not offer wifi unless you sign up for a hilton honors membership. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone as there is an additional charge for basic things that should be included in the cost of a room.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Handy, very comfortable and good service
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Had to change rooms as 1st one smelt of smoke and had urine round the toilet. 2nd room was fine although only one teabag and lots of sugar! Bathroom closet clonked all night long. Restaurant expensive

Staff very quick to respond to poor first room. Waiting staff in restaurant lovely and vegan food good although no choice for my daughters. Shuttle service very good. Very comfortable beds.

great stay- and will stay again and eat Butter chicken!

The shuttle driver- was rude- did not help me with my 2 bags at the hotel as he watched me struggle and walked away from me as I was talking to him. He was very abrupt and spoke to me in a rude manner-I assumed that it was due to the 3:30 AM ride- but when I got to the airport he snapped at me to. I was the only passenger. If he is a hotel staff I would make sure to speak to him because he made me feel angry and very unsettled. He should have been more helpful. I normally heavily tip everyone- I did not after such treatment. He should drop you at a door near the elevators- instead he dropped me in the middle.

The food at the bar/restaurant was very very good- which is so nice after a log trip- BUTTER CHIKEN over the top. Very clean and well maintained hotel. The staff was friendly and made their rounds talking to the customers. Highly recommend over Sheraton at airport- I have stayed in both.

Friendly staff. Expensive for UK travellers.

Breakfast staff were not always competent or with satisfactory English language skills. There was little external noise but sounds travelled between rooms a lot.

The mattress was very comfortable. Staff very friendly. Room spacious.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

The decor in the bedroom and the comfortable.

The reception I got.There was no tea bags or milk in my room.There were no usb plugs to charge my phone available at reception.I was disappointed with the reception I got from 1 of the guys on reception the evening I got to the hotel.

The decor in the bedroom and the comfortable.The guy on the desk at the front door of the hotel the evening I got to the hotel was really kind,friendly and helpful.

good but expensive!

The prices is too high, and compared with other hotels nearby, I do not think it is a good choice!

the overall condition of the hotel is good, and some of the facilities are excellent i.e. the shuttle buses to the airport; however I did not have time to enjoy these services!

friendfullness staf and shuttle service to the airport
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

no breakfast included or possibilities to choose your own breakfast instead (make your own choice of what to eat and to spent)

friendfullness staf and shuttle service to the airport

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

LOCATION

RECEPTIONIST ARE VERY POOR WHILE CHECK IN OR CHECK OUT THEY GIVE WATER BOTTLE AS DONATION, WE DO NOT NEED DONATION , WE LIKE TO PAY ,, RECEPTION FEEL HE IS SUPER MAN AND GIVE HELP FOR WATER,, WE HAVE TO BUY WATER FROM NEXT GAS STATION,,, AS HE WAS CROOKY SMIILE EVEN WHILE CHECK OUT ,, STAND ON QUE,,, LADY AT RECEPTION CALL MAN BEHINE ME FIRST TO CHECK OUT WHILE DISCUSSING SHE WAS STILL ARGUING,,, NEVER AGAIN NOW HILTON CANADA

LOCATION

Convenient stay for stopover

Burned out light at entrance to room. Difficult to enter dark room at 2 am to find lighting. No iintroduction to services of room. No bottled water provided to avoid Toronto's fluoridated water.

Excellent bed. .Good pillows. Quiet clean spacious comfortable . Close to airport with free easily accessible shuttle. An excelent overnight stay between flights

Worst experience ever.

Awful old airport shuttle bus was falling apart and had hot air blowing instead of a/c. Check-in was confusing with different queue's and inadequate staff levels. Restaurant food was terrible. Rooms and hotel overall look to be about 50 years old. Probably the most unpleasant hotel stay ever. Really really poor.

Not a single thing.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Ideal for a stopover for one night
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Close to airport. Free transport. Good food but a wee bit expensive. Had hard time getting wheelchair into the room. Staff very helpful and polite.

It was good but we expected more from Hilton.

The staff was not very friendly or helpful, we arrived late due to a layover, we got charged the wrong amount, they didn’t notice that and were annoyed when we brought that up.

The room is spacious, with a nice clean bathroom and the best beds ever.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Spacious room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff at the reception was not too friendly. Very rigid to insist that we had to use credit card for deposit even though we wanted to put cash for deposit!

Spacious room. Nice pool and gym but not many restaurants around. The concierge - Karl was so helpful and informative when we asked for directions and where to go.

It was OK.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I booked this Hotel thinking that I could leave my car there instead of leaving it at the airport. Instead I had to pay an additional $125 on top of what I had already paid. When I arrived back at the hotel, there was no one at the Concierge desk to give me the keys to the car.

The room was very nice and a good size.

Comfortable bed and pillows;

Courtesy bus to the airport was late in coming by 15 minutes and when bus turned up we were told it was out of service and another bus would be coming soon. 5 minutes later we were advised to get on the same bus. Having said that, I had got on the courtesy bus earlier in the day at the scheduled time.

Comfortable bed and pillows; restaurant meal was very good, breakfast was good. I would stay again.

Food and service in bar and restaurant was excellent.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

You need to get a shuttle bus to the hotel despite it being advertised as opposite the terminal. However shuttle buses are regular. Difference in reception staff service. Not impressed with my check in. When I returned and spoke to Kenneth a while later he was very helpful.

Food and service in bar and restaurant was excellent.

The room was amazing the facilities were great !
    • Corner King Room

Second party staff was absolutely rude, because of my experience I will never be staying at that location again and will let everyone I know never to stay at that location

The room was amazing the facilities were great !

Great hotel.

What's not to like!!

Everything. Great swimming pool and a nice area while waiting for a departure flight. Would have enjoyed staying another night😀

I like the bed.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Shuttle bus stop from the airport is quite confusing as we do not know their stopping point. The shuttle bus also have names on the side, not the front side. We miss the bus twice before we can catch the third one.

I like the bed... really nice and comfy specially after a long haul flight ;) The staff also message us thru phone right after we get into the room so requests can be quickly addressed.

Lovely room, beds very comfortable.

Lovely room, beds very comfortable. Staff were great,we arrived very early on the day of our check in from a red eye flight and the reception staff provided us with access to the sauna rooms to shower and freshen up. Overall great stay, would definitely look to stay here when we are in Toronto later this year. Shuttle to airport good too

Convenience is the name of the game
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Confusion about the start time of breakfast and then inflexibility about what kind of breakfast (ie buffet or a la carte) we could have which put us under pressure to catch the bus at the time we wanted. But great that the manager came out to try and sort out our issue.

Very convenient to the airport. Helpful staff on the front desk. Great to have a shuttle bus so regularly to the terminals.

מקום טוב להתרענן באמצע המסע

Nothing! Though I have to mention that the prices in the bar was worst I've seen, Pad Tai, noodles rice, carrot, chicken & tofu cost me a 41 cad (& it was burnt, but chef was super nice to me as I have Krohn's deasease so he come to talk to me so everything will be perfect)

Everything! Location perfect, 5 min driving, free shuttle from G gate, raw 41-43, cool pool, fitness, bar, restaurant, working 24 hr (except for the pool 6-22) Really comfortable, big, clean, useful room, staff super nice

Comfortable and convenient for the airport

I'd have preferred a kettle instead of the coffee machine which was provided. After making a coffee there was still water in the container which you couldn't empty which means there is stagnant water sitting in the container.

Bed was super comfy. Hotel was close to the airport and the shuttle bus ran at regular intervals. We had a meal in the restaurant which was very tasty.

The room was spacious and well sound proofed.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was a hot night as the air conditiioning failed to work because it had iced up. An engineer came shortly after we complained in the morning and repaired it. The service in the restaurant was extremely slow though the serving staff were pleasant.

The room was spacious and well sound proofed. Good beds.

Ok for a one night stay but there are probably better hotels close by.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The decor throughout the hotel is old fashioned and our room badly needed decorating. There was also a damp, stale smell in our room. The bathroom needed upgrading. We had a long wait for the shuttle bus from the airport.

Breakfast was great, food cooked to order from the menu was tasty and well presented. The staff were very friendly and attentive. The bed was comfortable and the room quiet so we had a good night’s sleep.

Excellent with great staff.

I have no issues.

I contacted the hotel ahead of arriving in Toronto to for particular room and also details on the hotel bus from the airport. I received and answer within 36 hours thanking me for my request. On arrival, as promised we had the requested room. Check in was nice and easy and the room was fantastic. The hotel has a bar that does food which is reasonable price for Toronto. Overall our stay was first class and I would recommend and also stay there again.

Good place just to come sleep, if you are coming with family to enjoy please stay st the city side
    • Premium King Junior Suite

Restaurants and poor response from services over phone

Near to airport, but only one restaurent with limited choice. City access poor unless you take an uber between 30 to 4 dollars.

Close to convention center

the smell of jet fuel, bed uncomfortable, the ceiling in bathroom leaked, the extra blankets in closet were dusty and smelled,

Close to convention center

The perfect rest while waiting for an early flight.

Nothing. Just a good value for money

The perfect rest while waiting for an early flight. They had a free shuttle going from the airport (it was one floor below arrivals) and these would do trips almost every 15 minutes. To go from the Hotel to the airport they leave you just outside the Air Canada counters

Perfect location for access to Toronto Airport which was why...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Air conditioning in the room was a bit noisy.

Perfect location for access to Toronto Airport which was why we booked it and used the shuttle service. Would highly recommend the restaurant which was excellent.

Room was very clean.

Room was very clean. Approximately 5 mins to the airport via hotel shuttle. Shuttle runs every 20 minutes - very convenient. Overall very comfortable stay.

Excellent hotel for the tired traveller before or after an intercontinental flight

Excellent airport hotel for tired traveller before or after a long flight.Good price,good room service,late check out for moderate price.Regular airport shuttle

Hold on to your pocketbook Hilton
    • Corner King Room

Hold on to your wallet as Hilton doesn't miss a trick including charging you $ 25.00 a space to park at a location you will need a sherpa guide to hike in from; there is NO basic Wifi unless of course you are a Hilton Honors member and book directly (sorry Booking.com). Hilton Honors is a bigger joke; a very basic membership program that is one of the most backward self expiring nonsensical programs anywhere. Hilton would charge you for the air you breathe while staying there if they could find a way. The room only seems like a reasonable deal until you are extra charged out the ying yang! Plenty of better values on the strip this dated, overpriced location is a good one to avoid while there is still a dollar left in your pocket yet unclaimed by them. Ok facility but the price of the room is just the beginning

Perfect location, but to be avoided on Saturday nights due to noisy crowds
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Super noisy guests on Saturday night and unfortunately Hilton reserves quieter rooms ONLY for Hilton members first. I have membership but did not have it on me so I would have been stuck with a room near elevators and ice machine had it not been for the very nice receptionist who registered me when I arrived

Check in staff was excellent tried his best to give me a quiet room

Good hotel to stay at, but it isn't cheap. I'd have to really think about staying here again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Found the $25 per night for parking kind of high. Also, in this day and age, having to pay for your room Wi-Fi is a bit greedy. We did not pay for it, and rather found a hot spot somewhere else. (It cost them our lunch in the Restaurant, so for the Wi-Fi fee, they lost much more on food & drink - it's the principle, not the money). TV room checkout didn't work properly and I had to call to see if we were actually checked out or not. Did not get a receipt of any kind (Under the door or via email, at the counter on Check-in, so I still don't know the actual breakdown of my bill). Sink in the bathroom did not drain properly. Kind of difficult to gain access from the west. Probably my GPS's fault, but it was a bit of round-and-round in the rear parking lot until we finally discovered where the front entrance was. From the east it looked like no problem - right off Airport Road.

Nice hotel next to Pearson Airport. Good accommodation. Good amenities. Nice bar and restaurant, but being a Hilton, it wasn't cheap.

Disappointed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking not included! Every other hotel near the airport let’s you park for the week for free! Paid wifi! Should be free! No mini fridge in room

Comfy bed

Very pleasant, clean, and comfortable -excellent breakfast buffet and always there to help.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was a little too cool, tried to increase heat on thermostat but remained cool while sleeping.

Very helpful, always addressing our questions and info need during the ice-storm, arrived at 3am due to plane delays diverted to other airports for refuelling and unable to land in Toronto due to ice and snow.

Short stay that was pleasant.

There could have been more amenities provided like bottled water, bath robe. Pool was abit dirty with used towels not cleared.

Room was spacious, quite clean. Toilet was also pretty clean (except for the shower head). Really liked the toiletries they used too. The pool was really nice as well.

Great staff, very convenient for air travellers and cost worthy.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

On check out I noticed a charge on my bill for a movie I did not watch. When I pointed this out to the check out lady she said she would have management take it off my bill and inform me by email. It's been three days now and I have not been contacted regarding this nor has my bill been adjusted accordingly.

Convenient, clean and staff were professional...

Fit my needs
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nicle and dime you for things like bottled water over priced . A drink at the bar is like 3 times more than average staff unfriendly

Clean close to airport convenient

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The inability to pay cash for a stay of 4 hours and the lack of other options of payment either then credit. It’s a policy change. I was fully capable of paying with debit as I am a person who does not use credit cards Also, assistance with where to grab the shuttle is desperately required on site. Could not find any information at airport or site as to shuttle whereabouts. Spent a ridiculous amount on taxi heading to hotel.

Breakfast buffet is good value.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Door to bathroom difficult to slide and is damaged. No porter/bellman was at the door - this would have been helpful as my husband needed a wheelchair to get to the elevators/the room.

Breakfast buffet is good value.

The cost of parking was rigiculous.

The cost of parking was rigiculous. To park for extended stay was just as much as at the airport and there was a parking cost while we were actually staying at the hotel

Clean and modern.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

When we went to check in they said that we were a "no show" from the night before and were sold out. I showed them my confirmation email from Booking.com that showed I had cancelled the first day far in advance. They claimed they never received those instructions and suggested that I cancel all future bookings through Booking.com. They tried to charge me a higher rate and again, I showed the confirmation with the rate we'd got through Booking.com. They finally adjusted the rate and magically found us a room that was available... the same type of room we originally booked. Last year it happened with this same hotel that they charged me a different rate than I had booked with. It took a week to get my credit card refunded. Went to the restaurant. Waited way too long at podium to be seated with no acknowledgement. Left and went someplace else. Gave them another try the next day for lunch buffet. No good options for children. No real selection at the buffet. Disappointed.

Clean and modern. Comfortable beds. Good sized room

Everything was great, except for parking
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very little parking. I've never stayed at a hotel that charges you to park there overnight. Was not pleased to hear you do.

Everything was great, except for parking

Nice Hotel,,,great location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No free WIFI... I travel a lot and this is the first hotel that does not provide free (without strings) WIFI.

The Hotel was nice at the last minute 48% discount. Wouldn't have paid the full rate.

Will definately never stay at this hotel again!

For the price of this hotel, I was very surprised that there was no wifi included in the price. I consider the extra charge insulting to say the least. On top of that, the fact that because I booked this through bookings.com I did not recieve any Hilton points. They said if I would have booked direct it would have also been cheaper. I need to reevaluate whether or not to use bookings.com in future.

Very handy for airport!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I room lighting terrible...could not find things in my suitcase!!!! Found it noisy, compared to airport hotel I stayed in the previous night which was much better soundproofed!!!! Shuttle not running at stated times, ended up taking a taxi from airport, having stood for nearly an hour waiting for shuttle, and cab driver pretended he didn't know where hotel was, and flat rate was $23, which left a very sour impression before reaching hotel. But shuttle in am was also late!

Not at all what you would expect from a Hilton Hotel

I asked the receptionist at check-out for an invoice via e-mail, which was never received. Then I requested via e-mail (through booking.com), which was never replied to and it is somehow impossible to find a contact e-mail on the website. This is completely ridiculous! Rooms are extremly old and I found glasses from a former guest, which clearly shows that the room was not properly cleaned. Not at all what you would expect from a Hilton Hotel.

I was not overly impressed with my stay. Joined Hilton Honors hopefully making next stay better.
    • Premium King Room

- water in shower was warm at best - could not get a hot shower - the price I was charged for the room was not the price that I booked at (even taking into account parking and one day of Wi-Fi) - NO FREE WI-FI - getting in and out of hotel parking not convenient

- all staff was pleasant and friendly - beds were comfortable

Good for short layover but bring earplugs

Loud noise from the planes. Window could be better soundproofed. Loud noise for rooms nearby walls could be better sound proofed

Close to airport free shuttle

Great atmosphere
    • Corner King Room

My room was on the 4th floor above the parking lot and everytime the valets went to get someone’s car they would hit the cars alarm to find it and i would be woken up or alerted of this ! Surely they can find the car without having to do this ?

Great atmosphere

I will likely book elsewhere along the airport strip for my next stay at the airport area in Toront
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The property is in need of TLC. Certainly not up to Hilton standards in my opinion. Also, because we booked online through another provider, we were informed that we needed to pay for wifi. You must be kidding? Tiny hole in the wall inns offer free wifi. The young lady with whom I spoke at the desk informed me that I also couldn't add my hilton honours to the reservation. Not impressed.

Excellent location for my needs.

We waited outside the airport for 1 1/2 hours for the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We waited outside the airport for 1 1/2 hours for the shuttle and called the hotel at least 10 times to check on status but no answer. But otherwise the stay was good for an overnight layover.

Nice enough but you are paying a premium to be near the airport.

Room was dark and the temperature control didn't seem to work well.

Good location near airport with shuttle. The bar and the food served at the bar was excellent.

Ok.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pillows was terrible. Paying for parking when you are staying at a hotel is unreasonable.

The staff was helpful and overall the room was clean. I appreciate cleanliness.

Will definitely be back and will definitely recommend to friends & family.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hair blow dryers in the bathrooms, please.

The rooms were very clean, well appointed. The only thing missing was the blow dryer in the bathrooms. The restaurant served excellent food and the staff was very pleasant. Definitely recommend.

It was ok.

Attention to detail. Facilities and rooms looked worn. Only one restaurant which was pricey. Would have been nice to have spot where one could get coffee and muffin.

Convenience for travel. Close to airport and long term parking. Fitness facilities were good.

Perfect for overnight stay near airport

Great for overnight stay near the airport. Bar with large open plan seated area open till 1am serving excellent food so it's great if you arrive late and hungry! Comfy bed, lovely room, free and reliable airport shuttle service. I would definitely stay again.

Great hotel - comfortable, clean, location !
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Fantastic location, really close to airport. Quick shuttle service. Lovely hotel, we have stayed here many times. Front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. Still the only hotel where family always say how comfortable the beds are - no complaints ever.

Not happy
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Facilities were dirty, basketball court was very unclean and the card wouldn’t work to get out,had to call someone to get out. Coffee maker didn’t work and made a huge mess. Room not very sound proof, kept awake the majority of the night. Placed a complaint during stay and after we returned home with no resolution and little acknowledgment to this point!

Not the Hilton experience I am used to, only good for a quick overnight stay.

No hot water out of the lavatory faucet. I ran that tap a very very long time and it never came. The toilet flushed but it filled so slowly. A tiny trickle, that it took 10 mins to be able to flush again. I am a Hilton Honours member, but I did not receive the free wifi password. When I phoned hotel from the airport to inquire about the shuttle it took such a long time to get through....it just rang and rang and back and forth between switchboard etc.

Close to airport. Clean

It's close proximity to the airport and the large,...

The computer area was very noisy and not very private. It was difficult to get work done.

It's close proximity to the airport and the large, spacious and quiet room.

Made our delay of 2 days to get on our re-booked flight a very pleasant stay!
    • Premium King Junior Suite

Because of the entry way and the extreme cold, the lobby was well below comfortable temperature which was an issue due to our long wait to check in because of all the people from cancelled flights.

As a hotel we needed due to a flight cancellation at 1:30AM we were very pleased with the room, staff and availability of room service.

Bed was very comfortable, staff was excellent.

Restraunts are a little pricey.

Bed was very comfortable, staff was excellent. Very friendly and welcoming. Room service staff was a 10, and made excellent time.

The bed was very comfy
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hot water for the shower must have had to travel 7 floors to get to our room. It was at least 3 mins for hot water to arrive.

The bed was very comfy

Great staff, comfortable beds, good food and a hotel I would stay at again.
    • Premium King Room

The staff went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable. They answered all of our questions and helped us during a stressful time. The food was excellent also ;)

The beds really exceeded my expectations.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds really exceeded my expectations. So fluffy! The restaurant in the lobby was a great surprise. Had a nice dinner with some beers and a good breakfast.

6.0
    Would not stay again.

We were in a room next to someone who was conducting “dates” all night long. Banging on the wall, yelling, slamming doors, moaning. We could hear every word of the phone calls she made between clients, and she cranked her music. 5 hours. The hotel security initially said they couldn’t do anything about it since they couldn’t hear any noise from the hallway. We finally requested a room change at 2am and the staff dropped off a key without helping us carry our bags to the new room. Upon check out, the manager was unsympathetic and insisted that the hotel “didn’t do anything wrong.” While we appreciate that they can’t be responsible for guest behavior, we feel that they did not handle the situation well. They grudgingly offered 25% off our room but it was clear that they were more concerned with being defensive than “Making it Right.” Bottom line, we had an awful night and no sleep and they didn’t seem to care.

It was clean. Room was a good size. WiFi worked well.

Staff knew chemical fumes could leak into my room and didn't warn me about it.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I checked in at 3 p.m. after a busy day and decided to take a nap. I detected a faint chemical smell as I fell asleep but attributed it to the cleaning staff. I woke up two hours later with the room FILLED with the smell (like paint thinner). It was burning my throat and eyes. I looked around the room and even walked outside to make sure I wasn't imagining it. I called down to the desk and explained the problem. Their response: "Oh yeah." The person told me they were doing construction on the sixth floor, and the smell shouldn't be leaking onto the 11th floor but somehow it was. Then they asked me if I wanted to change rooms to a lower floor, which I of course did. This is my problem: If you know there might a problem, LET ME KNOW, so I can avoid breathing in chemicals for hours on end. When I complained about this, the staff seemed remarkably unconcerned. They also said they couldn't offer any sort of credit on my bill because I had made the reservation through booking.com. Basically, sorry pal, not our problem. I'm glad I only had to stay here one night.

The bartender at the restaurant was helpful.