Reviews of Hilton Toronto 4 stars

145 Richmond Street West, M5H 2L2 Toronto, Canada

#32 of 133 hotels in Toronto

Based on 1989 hotel reviews

The room was cleaned before I checked out, which was weird considering all my things were in the room as I was leaving that day, the staff was unable to explain why it happed.

Great location. Clean room Long checking but great services from the staff during the delay

• Junior King Suite

A little help from the staff. The explanation about the bikes was people never bring their bikes to this hotel.

Staff was not very helpful. We had our bikes with us, and they would not let us keep them in our room. The manager did not want to store them for us. We had to leave them on the car bike rack in the public garage. The drain in the shower did not drain for 20 minutes. The room must have had a party and was decorated before our arrival. Tape and pieces of decorations left on the wall. The hotel is overpriced for the lack of service.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Downtown parking in a large city is always at a premium price

The view from the room, the indoor/outdoor pool, great service from the staff was fantastic ! Plus, the location is great - everything fun is close.

Staff I actually thought quite rude, not pleasant . Especially at reception. We were on holiday and dressed casual , made feel as if we didn’t fit !

Good location , very clean , good rooms. Breakfast ok.

The service from Booking.com... the hotel never recieved my reservation even though I had a confirmation from the site. Thankfully, they honoured my reservation because they were not fully booked. I had my kids with me and do mot want to imagine what could have been.

The property accommodated me even though my reservation through Booking.com wasn't in their system. Thankfully the hotel wasn't fully booked.

Parking garage was under construction and very dangerous to drive in because other drivers did not follow the traffic lights causing near collisions. I ended up paying for valet to avoid having to drive down there again. Guests should be warned when such extensive construction his happening.

Very comfortable bed and pillows

There was no water in the room and the mini bar fridge was empty, and this was in the executive room. The room was warm during the night even with the AC cracked to the coldest. The tv was set to such a low brightness that you can barely view it properly when the lights are turned off.

The location is amazing and the staff were really helpful and friendly.

Price point was high. Flower pots in front of entrance were in desperate need of a refresh. had dead daffodils hanging from them

The bed and pillow were heavenly

Gym is average - but okay for some cardio I guess. It’s still miles ahead from other hotels I”ve stayed at

Awesome breakfast and friendly staff. Really Comfy beds

• Junior King Suite

Only 1 out of 5 elevators was working one day and the next day only 2 out of 5 so it was a longgg wait. I was also charged $100+ dollars for room service when I didn’t even order it! There must be a better way for them to confirm if you ordered service or not. In the end I got my money back but it was a hassle.

The bed was very comfy, bathroom was very nice. Crabtree products were a bonus.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cost of overnight parking is expensive, but probably typical for downtown Toronto.

We were most impressed by your staff - friendly and helpful! Our room was very comfortable and clean. Would not hesitate to stay again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Some problems with the elevators which was a bit annoying - and whilst in general the service was awesome, there were a few instances where we encountered ‘rude’ staff

Amazing location, awesome facilities, great value!

Staffs are not really friendly. From valet to front desk. It’s more like 3 stars hotel. It’s an old building and it always takes a while for an elevator to come.

Location is good. Spacious room. Gym has good equipments and pool has a nice view.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything was good. No complains!

I liked the fact that the hotel is clean and smoke free. Also I like the position ( downtown) and breakfast was very good.

• Deluxe Corner King Room

There were some party people on my floor which was irritating at 2:30am. The pool was also closed for some reason one day but we were allowed to go to the nearby sheraton pool.

The staff was helpful and friendly, the beds were comfortable, and the location was good.

Starbucks (only other place to grab a bite than the bar) closed at 10pm, limited food options, no room service binder in the room, limited blankets, no robes or slippers, pool closed on our arrival due to an accident, bland atmosphere

Pool nice, room quite spacious, lots of pillows, ease of check in and check out, friendly staff

Room could have been cleaned better and the white comforter was stained.

Located downtown close to alot of shopping and there is a subway station within one block

• Junior King Suite

On check-in, in the very early hours of the morning, there was a group of guests who were making it very uncomfortable and unable for me to hear what the check-in staff member was saying yet the staff did zero about it!

Room was large and comfortable.

Room had some cleanliness issues: dusty throughout room including cups for coffee, hair in shower, dirt build up in corners of floors such as in the bathroom. No answer when numerous calls made prior to stay to inquire about facilities and parking.

All staff was friendly. Facility was perfect. Room was great.

Paid for an upgrade to exec lounge but it is closed on Friday evening so waste of money really. Exec rooms not as big as normal rooms either!

Comfy beds but no duvet cover!

Rooms were not really sound proof, we could hear the people talking next door. Cable cut out twice during the one hour we were watching tv.

Staff were very friendly. Location was great for venues downtown and was really close to the subway station.

I was disappointed that for 270 bucks a night the tv didn’t work. It was glitching and going off line. I just think that for that much money you shouldn’t have any channels that are poor feed or satellite connection.

I like the location of this hotel we stay here often.

They didn't have the room type I wanted upon check in. Had to be downgraded but still paid the amount. No bathtub in the room. Elevators were not working when I checked in. Had to wait a long time to get to the room.

Great bed. Easy to charge devices. Pick-up of parcels from front desk was easy and quick. Staff was wonderful. Free wifi with club membership.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

At checkin they couldn't find our reservation by name. Partner had to hunt for original Booking.com confirmation and show this at front desk in order for them to make the connection. This was not good for our perception of relationship between agent and hotel.

Willingness of checkin personnel to make adjustments to booking.

No drinking water, tea bags or wine glasses in room. Unable to make a cup of tea - it must be recognised that not everybody likes to drink only coffee. Blanket was grubby and too small for the bed. Tiny pool not conducive to exercise swimming.

Location. Comfortable mattress. Bathroom. Excellent air con.

Old carpet noisy lack of toilet paper when you are with 2 teens and my wife 1 roll no xtra kept ticket to get my car also phoned operator and no answer after 4 trys when down to be sure my car was at front door at 6am front desk didnt know where a family could eat nearby

Close to hospital the valet service the guys outside excellent

The friendliness of the staff as soon as we walked in was really nice, the bed and pillows were very comfortable. Loved that there was a starbucks in the lobby

• Junior King Suite

The whole room looked tired (1901) and worn out. I was surprised because usually my room at your hotel is much newer and fresher looking. (Badly chipped paint on every door frame, old uncomfortable couch and chair in my suite etc) I really felt disappointed with a on old, worn out room for such a high price. not good value. I paid extra for the penthouse Guest lounge and was disappointed that I was charged restaurant prices for a glass of wine that I poured for myself out of a bottle, snacks were good in the evening but breakfast was pretty hum drum whereas I remember it being better during previous stays. Eg, I would have liked eggs but there were chili flakes in the one kind of eggs available, no hot meats, just a lack of variety for the price.

Bed was nice, clean and comfortable

Unfortunately people were very loud in the corridor till late thru the night.

Very close to the Congress I had to attend. Easy accès from the city's airport.

The pool was closed and that was the main reason we chose this hotel, the idea of indoor/outdoor all year round heated pool. The breakfast buffet is a little expensive and there were no scrambled eggs for kids,

The bed is super comfortable and the staff was courteous and helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Literally everything else. Try offering water passed 12:00 midnight instead of telling me to walk to the rexall across the street because the bar is closed and it’s not “your job to serve water” (your employees words)

I liked the scenic elevator.

• Junior King Suite

A bathrobe in the room would have been appreciated

The bed was extra comfy Check in and out was amazingly fast Room was extra capacious TV was super large screen ( 60 " I guess ) Loved the bathroom Loved the sofa set Loved the room view

No hot tub in building or jacuzzi in king room. Bathroom was toooo small. Adjoining room doors were too thin - we could hear everything (screaming children and they were rattling the door). No meals included in price. Food cost too much so we went to the Keg for dinner.

The indoor to outdoor pool was really great. Close to lots of restaurants and shopping.

• Junior King Suite

No hot tub and noise from the hallway very noticeable.

Very comfortable room. Direct access to the PATH system and walking distance to many major attractions.

Direct access to underground PATH would be helpful, hopefully this is a future plan.

Indoor/Outdoor Pool with swim-thru wall was amazing, with a view of the CN tower from the outdoor portion of the pool. Access to underground PATH was helpful as the weather was colder than expected. Double headed shower was a nice feature.

• Junior King Suite

The tile in the shower needs to be updated

The room temperature, the bed was comfy, the room was spacious and had everything i needed. All of the staff were super pleasant and helpful

Dirty room.

Not going to sugarcoat this review because this is a Hilton and with that name certain expectations should be met. I doubt upper management would be pleased to see the first room I was given. That said the front desk was very understanding and gave us another room. To begin I booked our room on Booking. I chose a basic room at a very good price for downtown Toronto. I am alway leery of using booking in North America. I am a loyal Booking customer for European travel. In Canada generally I am given a room that has older style decorating, near the elevator or street noise, but I DO expect clean. Note that according to Booking receiving a substandard room should not occur, but in my experience in Canada and the USA it certainly does. In Europe it does not seem to matter how your room in booked or what you pay for it, all guests are treated equally. I arrive at Hilton TO and go to my room, 2 queen beds on the 9th floor. Beds were roughly made up, black hair on the pillow, curtains askew and old, wall paper torn due to luggage hitting it, most surfaces dusty, grate on air ventilation loose, bathroom floor with debris, shower with hair, overall grunge and clearly not cleaned properly. Older style decor and bathroom. NOT what I expect from a Hilton Hotel. Went to front desk and this was handled professionally - our room was changed. Much nicer room on the 30th floor. Clean, updated and beds well made. Clearly not the same standards I found on floor 9. My point is this should never have happened, I wasted about an hour of my time and lots of frustration as elevators were not working well. This is a Hilton Hotel, my first room was what I would expect from a Super 6 - although I would even leave that room if it were not clean. I choose the Hilton line for certain standards and they are certainly not met at this location on the 9th floor.

We were woken out of sleep by a fire alarm that kids had pulled on the 23 rd floor and had to have fire dep. come and check everything out . We could not fault the hotel they had no control but handled everything quickly

Where to start. I could have spent the same amount of money at the four seasons and had free internet, a nice bathtub, a mini bar, and comfy robes. Instead I had none of these things that I wanted for a nice relaxing night in for my anniversary. I also feel like if you have a pool you should have a hot tub. Overall very disappointed with the money I spent on a bad night.

The bed was comfy. Staff was very nice.

The fact we were put up on the 26th floor and the fire alarm went off at 11 waking all the kids making them scared for days. Parking garage is confusing and restaurant is way over priced... kids meal was the same price as a adult meal which is discharging

Pool was heated and staff were friendly

The room and pool could have been cleaner. Also we have young children and I think if possible that should be taken into consideration when placing us. We were beside young adults who were partying for st Patrick’s day.

The fire alarm went off in the middle of the night and the staff handled it very well.

Slow and pretentious staff, were not helpful. Had to call 3 times to get tampons from front desk. Room not cleaned to standard. Ridiculously expensive breakfast. Elevator system slow. Waited for 10 mins to get down to the main floor from 7. Pool not clean and very little seating in pool area. Poor quality toilet paper.

Wi-Fi free only for hilton honors members (we are). Breakfest not included I had to take my luggage to the room myself and nobody offered to help

Beds extremely confortable

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I had children who decided they didn't want to sleep together after we arrived and asked for cots. We were told it was a fire hazard and refused to provide them. We ended up asking for additional blankets and slept on the floor because the Staffs solution was to rent another room and we didn't want to be separated because our children were under 12.

Check out time and the pool

i am very disappointed because i sent the hotel an e mail to withdraw the money from the credit card information and they did not. instead they charged the guest that we sponsored

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

very friendly helpful staff, they helped us through the city , extremely professional , room was really nice and the view of the CN TOWER was very beautiful -

I think the prices for the rooms are way to high and all the extra added charges are crazy! Also 45 dollars a day to park is ridiculous!!! Probably won’t be staying at this location in the future not worth the money.

I made a booking through Booking. Com. Upon check-in i was told that i “had no booking”. Dealt with on duty manager. Once I proved that I did, in fact, have a booking, staff seemed confused and irritated. I was travelling with three children who waited 30 min for check in. Then once staff decided I had a confirmed booking they proceeded to ask me what price I thought I booked at. They said the rate was too low.. agitated again... more calling, me sending my email confirmation etc. Kids still waiting.... once my price was “accepted” “reluctantly” I was told there were no more queen beds and I was told I would be getting a “double”. Excuse me???? Confirmation stated rate with 2 queen beds!!!! Yet more agitation, None of these issues were my problem, yet staff made me feel like it was somehow my fault and i should acquiesce to the situation.Not a good first impression!!!!

We found a box of food in one of the drawers... not sure since when it was left there.

The swimming pool was great. 6am, when it was still dark, it was great swimming outside. The location was also superb and even with a 5yo girl, we could walk to almost all the touristic attractions.

If comb and slippers were provided it would be much more better and convenient, I could barely comb my hair with hands .

The bed was very comfortable and we loved the bathroom a lot!

I made reservation because it said it has bathtub, but they gave me none-bathtub room. I called to change the room with bathtub, but they have only”few”room with bath. Anyway I’ve changed room, but bath could not hold the water. It was leaking. I already put my 20 dollar bath-bomb which my friend’s gave me as gift. It just disappeared and hotel did nothing for me. I was so upset. When I checking out, nobody asked me about last night situation. Terrible facilities and staffs!!!!!

The beds are not comfortable at all The rooms are not sound proof The hygiene of the room is rated by 0( found a lid of a bottle of water inside the bed)

The staff was helpful and quick

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

At breakfast they seem to be in a rush to clear away, perhaps because It was busy and they needed tables.

The beds were so comfortable, best sleep in a hotel I have had for years.

Our room was not clean. As we were staying only one night and didn't have much time I decided not to complain. In addition there were no snacks or drinks in the room. Sometimes these snacks are very helpful to weary, hungry travellers. At check out I mentioned the lack of cleanliness and received practically no response from the the person at reception. No apology, no partial refund, nothing. It left a bad feeling that we are expected to pay a premium to stay yet we did not receive even adequate amenities nor satisfactory customer service. Also for 27 dollars the breakfast buffet should be Awesome! And it wasn't. The eggs were nicely cooked but please put some effort into offering some really yummy dishes and making it really good!

The bed was very comfortable and the pool was lovely.

Room very dusty. Bathroom corners of wood packed with dust Tv could wipe dust and see finger marks Bwd horribly made. No duvet covers

Was ok Room very dusty. Bathroom corners of wood packed with dust Tv could wipe dust and see finger makrs Min fridge cute

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

nothing! the hotel is amazing. we were all very happy with our stay

The staff were amazing. We were so shocked to walk into our room and find our surprise from the manager

The restaurant food was excellent, the service would have been a little quicker. The restaurant staff and breakfast staff just needed a little more attention to detail with customer service, offering more coffee, ensuring it is poured properly and not via the milk jug. A small point but it does demonstrate attitude and attention to detail. Restaurant service on night two could have been a little quicker and more personal for a solo traveler e.g. how was your food sir etc

The location is superb, excellent check in staff. Great facilities and rooms spotless. The food and breakfast was excellent in quality and presentation.

Great hotel at great location spotlessly clean rooms good choice for breakfast. Very nice and very helpful staff especially lovely girl at the reception desk Samya. Thanks for lovely sray

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Disappointed in the hotel bar. Ridiculously high prices, slow service and not especially friendly.

Very convenient for what we wanted to do and on the PATH in the freezing temperatures

No free wifi in rooms :( this should really be a standard in this day in age.

The beds were very comfortable and the rooms clean. The location was perfect for what our family was looking for. The pool was also a great amenity.

There was somw construction noise on our first day and a fire alarm on the second which went on for awhile without much instruction.

Property is in a great location and check-in was easy.

We have never stayed here before (usually choose other hotels) but we would definitely return! The bed was super comfy and the room was very silent. Everything was super clean.

The valet service was the best parking option but the process was not clearly communicated and the valet staff needed to be tracked down.

At the check-in desk we were offered two rooms when we arrived (very early before the check-in time). The woman I spoke with told me there was renovations on the 20th floor but if we wanted the higher room the workers would be done by 5pm, which was perfect for us! I really appreciated her transparency. The view from the 19th floor was amazing. When we got to the room the TV wasn't working but by the time we got back from the Raptors game it had been fixed.

Nothing negative to say.

We were only here for one night but our room was large and so was the bathroom. It was a very short walk to some great cheap eats as well.

Next time I would ask for a room away from the elevator the noise was awful. Didn't have a good sleep because of that. Other than that everything else was good!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I found a pair of earrings on the floor of my bathroom. It made me question the actual cleanliness of my room.

The hotel was beautiful. Amazing location to walk from. The smell of the hotel was great. Didn't "smell" like a hotel.

Booking.com says that there is no parking, but there is - it is a public parking lot underneath the hotel, with average downtown overnight parking rates. Cheaper to park yourself, but there is a valet service.

Our bed was like sleeping on a cloud! Excellent location, helpful and courteous staff, and the bar and restaurant on site were top notch. We were walking distance to tons of things to do and see, the Entertainment District is around the corner. Would definitely recommend staying here.

We have previously stayed at the Hilton within the last 6 months. The room was larger, with a view of the CN Tower and showed less wear and tear the the room we stayed in this time.

Location as we were able to access the PATH keeping us underground with shops and restaurants avoiding the freezing temperatures outside.

We have stayed at Hilton Hotels before and in each and every stay, we find their accommodations and service the best. This one in Toronto is no exception. Courteous and helpful staffs, easy process and they gave us beautiful rooms with view of Toronto City. The check in staff also helpfully gave us a map of city and explained the underground tunnels which is very helpful in winter

• Junior King Suite

Issued room 522 for Sunday January 31st, when we opened the door it had yet to be cleaned. Unmade bed, dirty bathroom and all the garbage was still there. No one had cleaned it. Upon complaining Housekeeping was sent and we were given 2 vouchers for a drink at the bar. Feel this should have been more a discount for the inconvenience considering the price.

Location was great, room was beautiful

The staff at the Tundra bar were very uninterested in serving us - we sat for a good 20 minutes and no one came near us - we then got up and got drinks at the bar and had the same experience when we were ready to pay the bill! Shame because the front desk staff were excellent

Front desk staff, bellman and concierge were all very good and helpful. The room was super comfy and clean. Position is excellent short walk from Union Station which was good as it was late and very cold when we arrived

This is the 4th annual "theatre weekend" for our 11 member family. The Hilton is ideally located close to the theatre district plus the "scenic elevator" and the indoor/outdoor pool are great attractions. We also enjoy dinner at the Tundra restaurant where we are joined by two other relatives for a group of 13. The menu works for all ages (4-70+) and the service is excellent. All the hotel staff are friendly and helpful and appear to have worked there for a number of years which is,of course,a very good sign.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Not as good as we expect. Room is old and there are not many daily supplies, as long as there is no toothbrush and slippers.

2 double beds are big enough for 6 adults

I have stayed at the Hilton in other cities and was extremely satisfied with the hotel as a whole, it was disappointing that the Toronto location did not live up to what I have come to expect from the franchise

Everything was great!

Perfect location for going to the performance center across the street. The breakfasts are superb, with wonderful eggs benedict and an extensive buffet. Well worth the money. Tons of shopping within easy walking distance; during the winter, much of it is accessible via underground shopping malls. Excellent restaurants, all within easy walking distance.

Browse Hilton Toronto traveller photo gallery