Reviews of Holiday Inn Barrie Hotel & Conference Centre 3 stars

20 Fairview Road, L4N 4P3 Barrie, Canada

#12 of 18 hotels in Barrie

The pillows.

Bed was extremely comfortable, pillows took some getting used to. Sofa was okay to sit on. Would recommend that tv guide show programs that are on the channels (unless we missed the instructions to find them!)

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Parking Lot Access - Non-Smoking

Check in - card didn't work... twice Room - they were "airing it out" room temp was 60 F. Took till 8pm to reach 69 F and we're more like 74 type people. The room still smelled of what I assume was cigarettes from the previous users. Hot tube - had been super warm/hot but then they filled it (I assume) during the day. Next time we used it was more temp of what the pool should've been.

wifi in the hotel is slow or keeps disconnecting, this makes it hard when travelling for work and you cant send emails. The room keys could be upgraded was having issues with them working, it is a long walk back to the front desk with your bags. I did not have the keys near my cellphone.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had NO idea that our room was not serviced by an elevator. We had no idea that the walk from the front desk to our room was so circuitous. There is no way someone with physical challenges -like my mother- could have done that route. A retrofit is necessary.

The beds and pillows were comfortable. Everything was clean. The breakfast brunch was delicious! The staff was so friendly and accommodating. We will certainly be back.

• Executive Queen Room

Noisy hotel all night Loud guests Loud mechanical Noisy vehicular traffic Pool was cold Not many chairs in the pool area

Easy access to the mandarin Hot sauna

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

(Stayed October 28th to 29th, 2017) So we paid about $180 for one night to stay at a hotel with restaurant, gym, and pool facilities. This was supposed to be a simple little weekend getaway. The building and facilities are woefully old and in need of sprucing up. The room we stayed in (standard double room on the third floor overlooking the courtyard) was clearly old enough to have been a smoking room at one point in time - you could smell it. We found three long hairs in our bed linens upon arrival. The place had been quickly cleaned between occupants, but the caked on dust and grime in the corners of the carpet was visible all around the room from a good distance - a thin nozzle on the vacuum would have taken care of much of this. The bathroom was poorly cleaned, with fingerprints and water spots noticeable on shower fixtures and towel racks. The grout on the shower walls was pink in many areas due to mould. The coffee station in our room still had coffee grounds under the coffee maker - it hadn't even been lifted for a thorough clean. The TV did not have HD quality picture and the channel guide was not functional on the remote. Movie rental options were between $14 and $25 each - no thanks! Now for the workout/pool area - the gym equipment (literally every machine) was malfunctioning in some way. Everything looked like it needed a thorough scrub down (grime in corners and crevices of each piece of equipment). We left within 10 minutes. The pool deck and change room floor were covered in wet dirty footprints and hair. Seeing all this made it a little less pleasant an experience to get into the pool with any confidence - I really wasn't sure when was the last time they would have shocked the pool with chlorine. We had the sense that the management was under-staffing their facilities to save a few bucks and this was evident in everything. Next we went to the restaurant for dinner. My husband ordered the steak (their signature dish, apparently).

The staff were very pleasant and helpful. Truly, they are the only saving grace of this hotel.

stairs. I'm disabled (use a walker) and had to walk up 13 stairs to our room. Your booking site should ask if stairs will be a problem or if people have mobility problems. also comfort height height toilets would be nice. I had stayed at this hotel in the section with elevators and didn't realize some of the hotel wasn't assisable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The front desk didn't direct me to my room. Why is this important? There are two wings and I was on the third floor and went up the elevator at reception to get there. However that was not the wing I was in (I was not told this or that there were two parts to the hotel. The wing that I was in, you had to walk to and then go up staires because there is no elevator. I would have thought the front desk would have told me how to get there instead of me having to ask a cleaning staff where to go then leave the room she was cleaning to walk me to find it. There was another couple just as lost and they joined us along the way. Unfortunately for them when we go to their room it was still dirty and had a wedding to go to in half hour. Another cleaning lady was called to help them with this debacle. Also, obviously the room used to be a smoking room. It had a stale cigarette smell to it and when I opened the balcony door the screen has med size holes. Also, it was quite run down and some of the room numbers were coming off the walls.

The housecleaning lady was nice. Close to the highway.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff were extremely courteous. The room was spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious. The location if very convenient, both the Highway 400 and the rest of Barrie.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I booked this room for my brother in law who has cancer, and his wife. Upon their arrival they were told that they could not pay with cash. As I was at a cottage about half an hour away, I talked to the Holliday Inn service desk and suggested they use my credit card which I had used to book this room for my fam. This was not excepted since I was not there myself. I had to fill in and send them an authorization form which I couldn't, I had no access to a computer or printer. In the end their cash was excepted with an extra 100 dollar damage deposit. I think this is very poor service, these people were very tired and it took a long time before this matter was resolved. I will prob never book Holliday Inn again, this world known bussiness lacked understanding and service all because of policies that made absolutely no sense and the employees were not helpfull

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Building layout was a little confusing at first. We were on level 3. Maybe more signs in stairwells to direct to lobby, dining room, appropriate parking lot etc. Level 2 had adequate signs.

Having a balcony was nice to step outside and get some fresh air. Rooms were clean. Having a fridge was also nice. Good quality tv set.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Additional laundry facilities would have been great, but also understand they likely aren't used much. Front desk couldn't answer questions about vending machines.

Beds were amazing and pool/hot tub were great, and quiet

• Standard Room

Not keeping to booking.com price would not trust this hotel

They did not keep to the agreed rate of Booking.com I paid about 75.00 more. Was comfy place

• Standard Room

I would have liked just a little more variety on the Dinner/Supper Menu overall, but what was available was very good! There was a section of differerent Burgers types, and then what they called 'Entrees' were the other options of meals. I had Fish & Chips which was quite good with Pub Chips suggested from my very nice waitress.

Had a good breakfast buffet with all I wanted. It has a casual styled restaurant for all tastes and very friendly staff. Food was good and check-out time was Noon which is later than many other hotels so I really found that helpful. I had to change my reservation online from 2 nights to 1 at the last minute and they had no problem to offer me a room for 1 night either. I would definitely stay there again since it's closest to a friend I have in the area.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Indoor pool way to COLD, No microwave, would of preferred regular coffee machine, no fan in bathroom, breakfast prices ridiculous did not eat once in restaurant on location.

Bed extra comfy, ground floor yard access

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The WIFI continued to kick me out of the system. Too slow for what I was told and expected. Restaurant staff was FANTASTIC but do to a long stay could have implemented a different item each day to provide a little bit more diversity other than the menu.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room smelled like an ashtray. When I called the front desk they would not move us to another room or give a discount because we had book through booking.com. Very disappointed. They said they would give us free breakfast which they did not follow through with.

Not much

Less of a line up at the restaurant? We ate off site

They moved us to a bigger room upon our arrival because I did not realize I had booked a Dble bed Awesome no complaints

that we got charged for a continental breakfast lol and the stairs were hard on my husband - I am also waiting for my visa statement on line cause I think I was overcharged

liked my room, our bed,and that there was a balcony

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Took this trip for my toddler son to swim in the "heated pool" the pool was so cold we barley got to swim. Also the hot tub was out of commission for most of our stay when it was finally working it wasnt even hot, it was like bath water temperature very disappointing and will not return for that reason!

The restaurant had great food and facility was very clean

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Standard Room

If your room is on the 2nd floor, I suggest requesting to move. You will be kept awake by any parties happening in the conference rooms. There was also a lot of party spill over into the 2nd floor hallway.

Good standard hotel rooms with access to conference facilities on site. I was there for a wedding and everything seemed well orchestrated from an attendee point of view.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• Standard Room

The service I was their for 9 days problems with staff not knowing their job food not coming or being ask to leave 5 days ahead of time cause they believed it to be my check out day will never stay here again making a post on social media about my experience it was the worst ever every day their was something

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Internet was hard to connect to. Front desk didn't tell us to park around the back so it would be closer to our room - we went up lots of stairs and down lots of hallways with our luggage to get to our room.

Location off the highway was good. Close proximity to restaurants. Room was clean.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

• Standard Room

The fitness room was very small and some machines didn't work or were very outdated.

The breakfast was not included which is a downer. The room was clean but didn't have a fresh smell.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The Guest Manager said my being told by the front desk that "there's nothing can be done about it (WIFI)" wasn't true -- but then staff need better training plus a sheet listing steps to follow.

The Guest Manager leapt into action but only after I complained to the front desk, and got the brush-off with useless excuses. The Manager said there had been other reports about that wing of the hotel. I was moved to "the Tower" where there was better, more reliable WIFI reception.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The swimming pool itself was clean but the locker room and deck needed attention.

Friendly, helpful staff. Food delicious. Quick, accurate room service.

• Standard Room

One staff member at the desk upon check in seemed like she didn't want to be there. Room 144 is too close to the public access door and loud blower unit.

Great location, great grounds for pets or picnic, amazing outdoor pool, rooms are nice, air conditioning was super cold.

• Standard Room

Bed's were small and uncomfortable. Other than the restaurants directly beside and the hwy, there is nothing in the area, you have to get in the car and go North and South to get to the main area's. The hotel feels rundown when walking down the hallways. There are next to no plugs in the rooms and with all the gadgets now a days this is a must. Powerbar? No elevator to our floor, carrying luggage/coolers up the stairs is not fun!

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Standard Room

Everyone was very nice and I wanted to send out a big shoutout to the breakfast crew at Spynn restaurant on both Saturday and Sunday! Thanks to everyone in the front of the restaurant and the back (chefs) coming out to mingle and meet the guests! Great job! Guest stay with 3 young women for Boots and Hearts

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

No exhaust fan in washroom, slow internet, expensive movie on demand, dry sauna sucks, Charged $3.00 for a bottle of water.

Good location right off of the highway, amenities like inside and outside pool and jacuzzi, cleanliness, nice room.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The restaurant was not exceptional. The service was poor during my second visit for breakfast. The server, (Kari) was borderline rude, like it was a problem for her to actually serve me. My western skillet took over 20 minutes to arrive. I ordered eggs because they cook in less than 3 minutes and I was heading to work. My first morning, I just had the breakfast buffet and I had an exceptional server, Stephanie.

Pools were dirty

Everything....except one thing!!!!

• King Room with Parking Lot Access - Non-Smoking

Asked for non feather pillows. Didn’t get.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very clean. Pool, sauna and fitness facilities were great. Staff was super friendly and most helpful!

• Standard Room

Was promised two queen size beds. ONly got one. No gift shop to get magazines.

Close to where we wanted to be.

Great property great value

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Parking Lot Access - Non-Smoking

Every thing was great and we will going back in two mo.

No elevator.

Quiet

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was no breakfast considering the cost of the room.

The room was warm and cozy

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking lot waa not well plowed when we arrived. Next day was ok.

Wifi didn't work

• Executive Queen Room

The restaurant was not so good. The portions are very small and the prices for the amount of food you get is way to high.

clean and comfy bed

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beds and pillows were very comfy

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I think that the price is somewhat high .

The morning restaurant staff was excellent including the chef. The beds were comfortable.

Location facilities cleanliness

run down and expensive

location off the highway

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast is not included. Some cleanliness of the room was not good.

Comfortable beds. Good shower.

• Executive King Room

Enjoyed that there was an indoor and outdoor pool. The room was very clean. And the staff was nice.

• Standard Room

Bed was extra comfy Very clean very helpful staff

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Was quite satisfied over all

Breakfast was very good!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

For the price atleast breakfast included ..overall too exspensive

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We appreciated the pool and the late check-out time.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Really friendly staff. Beds were great. AC wasn't too loud.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Bed was comfy

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Room had a funny smell. Bathroom could've been more clean.

Location convenient. Friendly staff. Express checkout

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

The sink needed to be plunged. The water took forever to go down and the fan in the washroom wasn't working.

Balcony

The guy cleaning the pool was very polite even waited for my daughter to finish swimming before emptying it

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great Restaurant and staff. Many entrances so easy to get into.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The entrance and lobby were very plain and tired out.

Staff very nice. The bar was very busy so it made it a fun place to be. Server was very good.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Great staff!

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

The hotel is quite dated on appearance.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very noisy Numerous little kids running the halls until ten o'clock

The beds were very comfortable Great pillows

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

the bathroom smelled musty

Choice of pillows

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Nothing to dislike.

Great location. Comfy beds! Enjoyed the balcony!

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Queen Room - Disability Access

Couldn't get the area we really wanted. Otherwise ok

Everything met expectations

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Poor atmosphere, unfriendly service,severely overpriced.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Lots of kids making noise in the hotel. Hockey. 😔

Location the most. Exactly where I needed to be.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Front desk staff were mildly pleasant but not overly friendly.

Enjoyed the facilities... restaurant, pool etc...

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Didn't come with breakfast

Comfortable bedding.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

beds were comfortable. staff very friendly. good location

• Executive Queen Room

Didn't get the room that I had booked got a lower grade one.

Lady at the front desk gave us a hard time. There were people smoking weed right outside our room.

Room was nice

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Morning coffee in the lobby would be nice. Also de caf coffee