Reviews of Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre 3 stars

3063 South Service Road, L7N 3E9 Burlington, Canada

#10 of 17 hotels in Burlington

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Customer service was great.
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

It needs an upgrade! Shower heads are pretty old. Needs some modernizing. Thought I had breakfast included in my room rate but got there and I didn't. Cost me $14 for a cup of coffee and 3 eggs.

Customer service was great.

The pool was wonderful
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Building was old and confusing, needed a map because I got lost many times. Stains on rugs, table was broken, tub didn’t drain, whirl pool was out of order. Front desk person couldn’t help with directions because she wasn’t from Burlington?????

The pool was heated to perfect temperature

It was beautiful
    • Business King Room

The Ac is too noisy. The need access plucks in the rooms by the bed sides. Bigger bathtubs.

It love the hotel because it's simple and nice. Easy access to pool. Bed very comfy. Elevator easy to access. Ice machine located on every floor u di not need to call for ice u go get it yourself. That was pretty amazing. Nice hotel for family too. I will book it anytime any day. My husband says next we will go with kids.

Find another place to stay that will respect you more!
    • Executive King Room

Management was rude, our room’s bathtub and toilet were BOTH clogged, and god forbid you empty an ash tray and they find a single ash in the room where you DID NOT smoke, they will charge you for a smoking fee, and threaten to call the police on you if you try to explain (while showing proof) that you didn’t smoke and shouldn’t be charged a $160+ Smoking fee. No respect or decency, no compensation for the room with a bathroom we couldn’t use and on top of that, all they had to say was “well if you had told us earlier we could have given you a free breakfast” (valued at $17)... like I would even want to sit in a restaurant after a hot day, a nights sleep and the inability to shower to look presentable.

Comfortable bed, microwave and fridge in room were very useful

Standards are not international!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Noisy Atrium next to rooms, noisy Air conditioning unit in the room, choking smell of chlorine from the pool, beds were not properly spread for my entire stay, blankets provided were torn,, plastic cups for tea in the rooms.

Breakfast was great.

Was just as I would expect.
    • Business King Room

The pool area requires some urgent maintenance to bring it to the standard of the rest of the hotel.

Was just as I would expect. Front of house staff were excellent and dealt with all queries very efficiently and quickly. A credit to both the hotel and the industry.

Enthusiastic staff made our stay enjoyable!
    • Business King Room

Change your bathroom sinks. They are rusting or look like Ozark mountain men chew spit in them! Disgusting!!! It’s all about presentation!

Pillows were great.

Hotel was ok
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Tub was plugged it drained slow and room was very humid cause indoor pool was right outside of the room

Lots of parking loved the pool and that they had a sauna not a steam room.

Convenient hotel with great customer service.
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

The sofa bed was very uncomfortable (mattress so thin you could feel each of the springs).

Friendly and helpful staff who seemed genuinely interested in connecting with customers. Hotel's proximity to freeway and Toronto. Great breakfast buffet. Quiet.

it was handy to get to and for the function we were in town...
    • Business King Room

it was handy to get to and for the function we were in town for and our room was quiet and comfortable......will stay again if we are in Burlington for a function.....

Your Hotel doesn’t take cash deposits for the room which i...
    • Business King Room

Your Hotel doesn’t take cash deposits for the room which i was willing to pay any amount requested!! But was told by the hotel staff that they can’t take cash deposits for the room!! So I went to the Best Western around the corner. they laughed and said that’s obserd and gladly took my money!!

Not pleased at all. For a Holiday Inn and the rate of 140 a night per room,i was very disappointed,
    • Business King Room

Toilet broken, tub pluged, jets in hot tub not working, bed way to hard was like sleeping on a sheet of plywood. Could not get heat to lower. When arrived there was only one room reserved and i had booked 2

Close to where we were going

We were treated as if we were Family!

The snow!!!

The Holiday Inn Staff were all very helpful and extremely nice. We had not realized that Burlington restaurants would be closed so early on Christmas eve. The reception Staff offered us sandwiches!!! We did find a Pizza place through the staff researching for us (Toppers) who delivered. This was the first time we had ever stayed for Christmas eve and Christmas Day. I should mention too that the Christmas buffet Breakfast was truly excellent. THANK-YOU to everyone at the Holiday Inn Burlington Ontario.

YOU NEED TO HAVE SOMEONE LOOK AT THE TOILET IT IS RUNNING.
    • Business King Room

YOU NEED TO HAVE SOMEONE LOOK AT THE TOILET IT IS RUNNING. THE TELEPHONE NEXT TO THE BED DID NOT WORK SINCE THE JACK WAS TORN OUT. also MAYBE YOU SHOULD GETT NEW SHEETS, A LITTLE CRISPNESS IS NICE.

Nice hotel enjoy going there, but restaurant needs improvement especially menu choices
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Limited menu in restaurant, needs more variety, had burger and soup , burger was good but soup not very hot and the bowl was ridiculously small less than a child's portion

Helpful staff friendly, nice rooms, very clean hotel, nice atmosphere

Served its purpose
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

The hotel is dated, with a few items in the room in disrepair (for example: curtain was torn, Front Desk button on the phone did not work). As well, had trouble connecting to the WiFi from the room.

The beds and pillows were comfortable.

I was disappointed
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

The bathtub was filthy the drain was clogged with hair. The water pressure was poor. The phone in the room didn't work to call out. The tv took forever to work. Wanted to pay by debit but an error on my bill that couldn't be fixed by the person at the desk. Their were kids in the hallway hanging out beside our room. They're were running up and down the hallway. Didn't have breakfast because it started too late.

Bed was a little smaller than expected, but comfortable.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Children everywhere, noisy in hallways and water from pool in elevators due to children running around unsupervised. Not hotels fault, parents to busy visiting in hallways.

Bed was a little smaller than expected, but comfortable.

Asked to have our bedding changed as our comforter was wet...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Asked to have our bedding changed as our comforter was wet (as if it got balled up in the dryer). Took them over 30 mins to come to the room. The employee that came was very annoyed and rude.

Very disappointed in noise...lack of sleep and misleading about breakfast included
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Booking for 4 states breakfast included which was a criteria in my search - only breakfast for 2 included. Note: other hotels were clear if breakfast only included for 2. Room location facing into game room and pool made it both noisy and hot. Supposedly it was to be lights out at 11pm but both nights it went longer. The noise could only be cancelled by turning volume up on TV or on headphones. Since when is 11pm the designated quiet time when your room is facing the noise? Due to heat fan kept coming on all night and when the room dan wasn't running you could hear the ventilation sounds from the game/pool room

Free parking, proximity to highway. Clean Pool

Good value, little dated, but close to restaurants.
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Rooms a little dated, evening reception was not very helpful when asked to give directions to local attractions, was impatient when asked for clarification.

Good value for the money, close to restaurants, spacious rooms.

One night stay in a good hotel.
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

No complaints. We only stayed one night.

Staff came across professional and helpful. The room met our standards. We walked by the pool (it looked fine) and there was a large indoor courtyard. We were very happy to find the Sunset Grill for breakfast only a few minutes away.

I was Treated as a SECOND-CLASS GUEST Because I Booked Through a Third Party!
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

If you do not book directly with the Hotel then you are considered a SECOND CLASS GUEST. That what the receptionist insinuated when she told me that since I booked via a third party- booking.com- I could not add points to my membership commensurate to the number of days I stayed. She also declined my request to be prorated for the remaining time I gave up when I checked out earlier than planned. Her answer to both requests was the same: you were booked through a third party and you wouldn't get the same benefits as you would had you booked through the Hotel! That treatment was so evident in the type of room I stayed in- the bathroom was relatively condemned state: the sink was clogged; the toilet was too small and rusty; the shower top had no floor mat to avert slippery accidents; the shower handle was difficult to operate; the shower head was too rusty; faucet aerators were too frugal. The breakfast buffet was ok but lacked a very important ingredient - the vegetables; the syrup bottle was sticky and not suitable. The waitress charged me for the espresso as she had failed to inform me that it was not included in the breakfast cover charge. The amenities area was not isolated and was connected to the wedding/events area; the celling was too high with ceiling fans all over the place that made the area chilly; It also produced too noise that made it too difficult to listen to the TV in the GYM - although the volume almost reached its max possible. Unfortunately the sun bathing area was on the west side and was covered by trees that made sun rays impossible to penetrate. The lounges were so filthy and insects were all over the place. The laundry room included only one washer and one dryer. The dryer was out of order though.

The gym equipments were in a good a shape. The parking lot was spacious and was free. Wifi was strong and its coverage was reachable to almost every spot in the hotel. The room service was so friendly, agile, prompt and nimble. The receptionist's staff could pretend to be more friendly and wouldn't harm to smile frequently. Rooms were built on two sides: the east and the west. The latter was noisy due to its proximity to the highway. The hotel had a tennis and basketball courts connected to each other. The former had a worn out net and so did the hoops in the latter. I loved the location as it was relatively secluded- though inaccessible to nearby convenient stores- you definitely would need a car to move around.

A Very Nice Hotel
    • Business King Room

The hotel had an interesting layout. We were in a separate building that you got to by walking through an enormous, very modern ball room, past the swimming pool and open gym area. It gave one the impression of an exclusive, more quiet area. The bed was so comfortable. The staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

My night at the inn
    • Business King Room

The restaurant is nice but,the menu selection could be better and the food more reasonably priced .the orange juice with my breakfast cost 5 dollars for small glass which is ridiculous

The design of everything rooms,pool,restaurant etc

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hospitality was very friendly and the hotel is sooooo kid friendly...totally conducive for family's....i have 3 kids and this is our 2nd time staying . .really enjoyed again...

The price tag, for a comfortable bed??
    • Business King Room

The decor was the same as it was when we came about 10yrs ago, and really, the price was extremely high for a facility that stands similar to any best western, or comfort Inn that we've been to....... difference being we would have paid less, AND they would have at least offered us complimentary breakfast.

The beds were very comfortable!

Overall stay was very good,

Breakfast in the restaurant was very good but I'm sure they were short staffed as very slow and a long wait and it wasn't all that busy.

Overall stay was very good,

Dissapointing
    • Business King Room

There was a large number of families with their kids that were playing in the atrium until well after 11pm. Kids running the halls, yelling and screaming after 1130pm - When I am there for business getting my sleep is the utmost importance. When I go to bed at 1015pm and can't fall asleep until after midnight due to noise was very dissatisfying. I don't think I will book here again and would suggest customers ask the front desk what type of events/tournaments/etc are going on in the hotel during ones stay.

Ease of checkin and out. Location was key.

I've known this hotel for many years.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I've known this hotel for many years. In fact I stayed here while in Stelco negotiations in 1981. It has been renovated many times, but somehow feels a bit tired. The hotel features a large atrium with a swimming pool and play area. If there are kids' hockey teams in the hotel it will be loud until the start of quiet time at 11 pm, which the hotel seems to enforce reasonably well.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Great Hotel! Truly enjoyed my stay!
    • Business King Room

The housekeeper seemed rude, had a bit of attitude, no matter how kind I was, she just made me feel really uncomfortable. I waited for her to clean my room, then because I needed fresh towels to shower, when I asked for them, I received a negative vibe from her.. her look, demeanour, everything. So I immediately thanked her for the towels, then put my DND sign on my door. Didn't even bother having my room cleaned smh....

First and foremost, cleanliness is important to me, and this hotel is super clean! You don't have to worry about bed bugs, this place has none! Also, I found the bed super comfortable, I slept like a baby. It has great facilities, and the restaurant serves delicious food. Front desk is kind and very accommodating, as well as the lady who runs the little convenience store. Overall great stay!

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Pleasant stop
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

A little noisy due to many hockey teams in the building!

Friendly staff. Clean and comfortable room. We enjoyed the all Ontario Menu offered in the restaurant but had to request it after seeing it advertised in the lobby.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

The bed and pillows were really comfortable
    • Business King Room

There was a used condom on the floor next to the bed... A lot of noise as there was a hockey tournament...

The bed and pillows were really comfortable

Jacob was extremely helpful and accommodating when we...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Jacob was extremely helpful and accommodating when we arrived and had some reservation issues. We enjoyed the swimming pool.

The room was wonderful and the pool was amazing

The room was wonderful and the pool was amazing

Disappointing for what I paid... not at all justified
    • Room Selected at Check-In

No Air conditioning nor Fans in the Elevators Hotel Restaurant not opened prior to dinner time... not at all convenient for guests

Don’t recall

Easy to find.
    • Business King Room

Easy to find. Within walking distance to many nice restaurants. Pool, workout rooms very nice and the games area convenient but not too noisy.

Great xperience

So noisy

Room , Breakfast

Place was clean
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Advertised queen size bed only a double. Cleaning staff try to come in the morning when we still had the room until noon.

Place was clean

It was ok
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Our room was not cleaned properly

Avoid the patio rooms
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

There a rooms towards a closed / roofed patio which are noisy and smell of the chlorine of the pool in the patio.

The bed was very comfortable!
    • Business King Room

The drain in the shower didn’t work and had to call maintenance. It was fixed.

The bed was very comfortable!

Hotel stay

All fine

Convenient to restaurants & bed very comfortable

Pool was nice.
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Bathrooms need a fan or an air purifier

Pool was nice.

Bed was comfortable.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bed was comfortable. Spacious rooms.

Overall good stay. The bed was very comfortable.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

My blow dryer stopped working. The hotel staff was quick to accommodate.

Good pool. Great stuff. Need a better cook. Luckily, Jack Astor’s and KEG are next door.
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Scrambled eggs and bacon were too greasy.

Great staff.

Comfy beds
    • Business King Room

The heater was not working. Took a while to be provided with another room.

Comfy beds

All was good.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

All was good...had a nice breakfast

It was adequate
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Looking tired ie carpeting etc

Comfortable beds

• Room Selected at Check-In

Didn't eat breakfast there.

Everything satisfactory.

Carpets a little worn.

Accessibility.

Very good staff friendly..room clean and comfortable
    • Business King Room

I asked for additional towels on my special requests and did not receive them

I loved how comfortable the beds were

Worth it
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff and very large clean rooms

Swimming pool
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Too much noise

Swimming pool

Accommodated late mornings.
    • Business King Room

Paying extra for a cot. Not necessary I felt.neber have before.

Cleanliness. Washroom well stocked.

Very clean, friendly environment.
    • Business King Room

staff very nice. check in super easy.

Wifi worked pretty good
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I had bad phone reception

Wifi worked pretty good

Air conditioner kept going in and off.
    • Business King Room

Air conditioner kept going in and off.

Excellent!!

None so far

I like cindy the manager she addressed all my concern and was very friendly.

Very good comport.

Very good comport.

The staff was excellent and friendly.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was excellent and friendly. Very good locations Hotel was very clean. Would definitely recommend it and would stay again

Awesome!!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Coffe machine in hotel room didn't work 🙁

Very nice rooms, pool area was awesome!! Friendly staff. Very comfortable rooms.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Good value
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Temperature of room and toiletries were missing.

Location and the fact it was a full service hotel

Walking distance to alot of restraunts

Walking distance to alot of restraunts

Don't stay there
    • Executive King Room

There was bed bugs very upset and was bitten all over

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Beds were very comfortable

Beds were very comfortable

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Good hotel.
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

It was about $20 more than what I thought I should have paid.

Convenient location to Hamilton

$16.00 for coffee and 2 croissants a bit pricy.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

$16.00 for coffee and 2 croissants a bit pricy.

The best choice for us for a Family Easter get together
    • Business King Room

We found that the bed pillows were too soft! The bed was very comfortable however.

Conveniently located

Conveniently located

It was close to where we needed to be each day
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Very dirty room sizes were too small.

It was close to where we needed to be each day

Great Stay

Nothing really

Did not use he restaraunt. The pool/fitness area was great. Pool was an almost perfect temp. Rooms easy to find.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Room was very downscale and paymovie choice limited
    • Business King Room

Sink was plugged and overall appearance of the facility was old and jaded. Badly in need of a facelift

Beds were clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

A night at the inn
    • Business King Room

Good location, nice restaurant,nice looking hotel,very clean , nice rooms