Reviews of Holiday Inn Express Montreal Airport 4 stars

10888 Cote-de-Liesse, H8T 1A6 Dorval, Canada

#12 of 19 hotels in Dorval

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The dark out shade in our room was not properly fitted and unfortunately the sun was up at 5:45 AM and waking us up. Didn't sleep as well as we wanted.

We were just at the property overnight after arriving at the airport after midnight and left at about 9:45Am

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I like the vicinity of the hotel to the airport.

Holiday Inn Express is near the Montreal International Airport and provides a free shuttle service.And the breakfast is good.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Shuttle bus to the airport only 1 time / hour, breakfast just soso, for the price I expect more

Good location near the airport, relatively quiet room

• Superior King Room

Had to wait too long to be served meal in the bar area ...the server was nice but she had too much to handle ; understaffed for the circumstance Had to wait a long time for the shuttle to arrive at airport

Breakfast setup was an asset

• Superior King Room

We were not able to pay in the restaurant, neither cash nor credit card.

Location near the airport with shuttle, was very convenient. Room with view to the air port was nice.

• Standard Room

The room was generally unsatisfactory; cold flooring with no carpets, distorted TV screen, no comfortable chairs, no luggage rack, no table. We needed to leave (personal reasons) after the first night of a 3 night reservation and the manager wouldn’t cancel or refund our money.

Clean

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

- you need to phone the hotel for the pick up from the airport. - the shuttle to the airport from the hotel leaves every hour, not when you require it. -not much light in the room (lack of one lamp) but not a big deal.

-shuttle to and from the airport (even the air creebec terminal, which is different from the main terminal). -hot water for tea and coffee available at any time at reception. -quick check in and check out.

• Superior King Room

No restaurant open from 10 to 5pm clothes left in room from previous guest no room in bathroom to put toiletries shelf is 12x18 inches maybe no hook in bathroom unable to set thermostat

Breakfast was great staff friendly very quiet

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I didnt like the breakfast it is very poor and i didnt like closing swimming pool early and the most thing i didnt like it there isnt enough parking how come first find place

I like the cleanliness and the stuff was friendly and helpful

• Superior King Room

There were no details about the shuttle (schedule, hours of operation, if appt was required) and contacting the property got me no response. As it turned out we had to wait when we arrived, even after calling it took 10 minutes for the shuttle to arrive. We were only staying a short night as we had a connecting flight early in the morning. There was only one shuttle time available that was not suitable for us so we ended up spending extra money on a taxi. The room was cold; no rugs on the floor meant it took longer to heat up the room.

They had an airport shuttle, and offered a king room.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The price was a little high and the menu at the restaurant was limited. Need to sell beer and wine at the small store....

The beds were so comfortable, the breakfast was great - the sitting area in the lobby - the shuttle not having to call them...

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

LOCATION is horrible, difficult to get to, in the middle of industrial area!!! This is not a location for family. it may be good for business travel, but not for leisure travel. The rooms have ugly, wood laminate floors that appear to be lifting from the melting snow brought into by boots. No public transit nearby. you need a car.

not much

• Superior King Room

There was no parking. After booking here with the understanding that we could leave our car here for the 10 days we would be on vacation (of which the rate was provided and we were fully indenting on paying, it was also stated ‘no reservation for parking reqired’), when we arrived the front desk person informed us that there was infact NO parking. And gave us a “Ive told them not to advertise the parking” speech and then a “too bad for you” kind of attitude. He did however tell us to park at the airport (which was double the cost) and they would shuttle us back and forth. Because that’s super convienient. So if you’re looking to book here (and leave your car) as a pre-vacation stay: don’t. For what it has all cost, we could have booked a room AT the airport and had parking included. Booker beware.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

1. It was cold in the room (after couple of hours I found out that window was open - it was minus 30 degree that day!!!) 2. air conditioner was very loud and my infant could not sleep. 3. Breakfast was very poor and not tasty 4. Transfer was not well organized 5. 50 dollars deposit 6. Old rooms and nothing in minibar!

1. 10 minutes to airport by free shuttle.

• Superior King Room

This facility had showers only; my partner prefers baths.

First room developed a noisy exhaust fan that was running every time the light was on. The bathroom was in a darker corner so the light really was necessary for showers, shaving, etc. Staff moved us to a better room immediately that we raised the issue. Parking was free.

• King Suite

No one answering my emails before our stay. Having to wait quite a long time for the shuttle.

The beds were the best I have slept in! Great to have a fitness room and pool to exercise after long flights.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

1.The windows weren't sealed properly and freezing air was constantly leaking in the room which made the floor in front of window very cold to step on . There was Ice on the window frame (inside the room) as well. 2. We booked a "Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds" for a family of 4(2 kids)and upon arrival I found 2 full size beds (smaller than queen size) in the room. Later , I found a fine print somewhere on the website which lists everything in the room including full size beds! I found it tricky!

We were there for new Year.Staff were very nice, room was clean, good continental breakfast, nice swimming pool,nice and comfortable lobby, and best of all, all day hot drinks( hot tea/coffee/ chocolate) available for everyone( loved it). My family and I liked the hotel and we definitely would go book there another time.

• Superior King Room

We had to change rooms 4 times. The first two rooms did not have a bathtub. The third room had a bathtub but the tub plug didn't work, the phones didn't work and there was no heat. The fourth room was okay, but it took us over an hour to get to that room!

The bed was comfy.

• Superior King Room

Shower edges underneath glass was full of dirt also sheet was full of someone hair also napkins box had 2 napkins with no replacement Box the fact that we made rwservation to this hotel for the jacuzzi hot tub and when we went it was broke and not working and we reported that to hotel and they said we know but what can we do!

The bed super comfortable Breakfast was great.

• Standard Room

Confusing buses at airport arrivals and departure. There must be 3 holiday inns and 3 vans with rude French speaking drivers that can’t explain what hotels they’re servicing. Long story short we ended up going to the wrong hotel and needed a taxi back to the airport hotel. The man at the front desk refunded me for taxi as I had a receipt. That calmed me down and the rest was great.

Helpful gentleman at check inn. Kiosk for food and drinks. Breakfast was great.

• Standard Room

Staff was not very helpful, they did not inform us of the amenities within the hotel, especially considering that we had breakfast included in our package but was not informed of times or location.

The rooms were spacious and the location was perfect. Airport shuttle service offered every 10 minutes for those who needed to go.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hot tub was just warm, no jets. Sauna didn't work. Only two of the four lights in the pool area worked. Don't plan on enjoying the pool area!

Bed was comfortable.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Sheer curtains because there was a light on from outside during the night. We stayed in a wheelchair accessible room which we didn’t need.

Bed, no carpet, microwave, fridge, complimentary breakfast

• Superior King Room

There was very little parking. We had to park on the street. The eggs were not good. Some places put pancake batter in the eggs to make them go farther and for people that can not tolerate flour this is a bad idea.

The bed was good the room was large

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Over all not really the "Four Star" grade, some facilities are old.

Close to airport with hotel shutter bus service, big and clean room, good breakfast especially the coffee.

• Superior King Room

I actually thought that it was a great airport hotel, reasonable priced, clean, quiet, with friendly staff

The bed was very comfortable. It was easy to get the shuttle from the airport to the hotel and then in the morning to get the shuttle to the train station. Staff were very friendly and very helpful. It was convenient to have breakfast before we left the hotel.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The shuttle only runs to the airport every hour.

Holiday Inn Express Montreal Airport is Excellent. Very clean. The free breakfast is very good. There were two people assigned to make sure there was enough food for everyone and to clean up after people left. The front desk person was one of the most welcoming persons I have ever met. You felt good checking in.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We had some issues with booking the 2 rooms we needed. Some issue with the info sent from booking.com to the hotel. Also, there was an issue with the hot water the morning we were checking out. They resolved the issue but we had already checked out. The staff recognized the inconvenience and issued a discount on the room.

The hotel and facilities were very clean. Staff was very friendly, helpful and courteous. Free breakfast was a nice added feature.

• Superior King Room

When I got there I was told I didn't have reservation. I waited 10 minutes and was stressed out after long drive from Toronto with my new grilfriend. I was so embarassed and uncomfortable. Then the room was leaking water and my girlfriend said I can't stay in this room. I went down to get a new room and I was told they don't have another room. I was also double charged for my hotel stay. I have to get my money back. Sorry, but I am not booking again through booking.com. Also, it was 9:45 at the hotel and I went to get breakfast and the guy said well it is 9:45 and there was no eggs and sausage left. Then they brought cold eggs. The say was stressful. I would never stay there again!!!!! pay extra 10-20 and get a nice hotel. This is more like motel.

• Standard Room

the only thing I and a lot of people that were waiting for the shuttle noticed that the sign on the side of the van was very small so people got on the shuttle thinking it was the regular holiday inn not the express maybe a larger sign on the van would help all travelers just coming off the plane especially at night

the people at the front desk were great will definitely stay at the Holiday inn express again next time I come to Quebec on Business

No complaints.

Expected Holiday Inn Express standard. Generous sized rooms, a large clean bathroom, friendly service and 24/7 coffee in the lobby. The pillows on the bed were fantastic! One was a sort of half body pillow that was really soft and comfortable. Good idea.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The restaurant /bar should never have been out of such standard items as rye and vodka. This was the only single complaint we would offer about this property. We left too early to take advantage of the breakfast but coffee and apples were available.

Although it was only an overnight stay enroute to another destination, we made good use of most amenities. The gym, though small, was more than adequate for us, and convenient right across from the pool. The restaurant/bar had very friendly staff but was out of several staple items, both food and drink, a minor inconvenience. The 4 minute airport shuttle was perfect for both directions. We would definitely stay again.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The guest room and hallways were mostly clean, although there is room for some improvement. (E.g. Hallway carpet needed vacuuming, some dust in the guest bathroom.)

The guest rooms were comfortable and wonderfully decorated. The lobby and business center were well-lit and comfortable. The cost of the hotel was also excellent! I also enjoyed the amenities offered: in particular, the free airport shuttle service and free hot breakfast. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bistro opens at 5 pm who waits until 5 to eat?

Loved the staff, wished they had a restaurant in the building, or even within walking distance though. Yes they have a Bistro in the building, however it doesnt open until 5 pm.

More available parking.

Hotel front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Very nice hotel with large and clean rooms. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• King Suite with Over Sized Bed

In a place where they serve bacon and turkey for breakfast, there should be a sticker to name the plates to avoid confusion. I didn't have to ask the waitress all the time: Is that bacon or is that the turkey plate? Sometimes she doesn't even know , she has to ask the chef inside the kitchen.

I liked the fact that there was no carpet in the room. It was only hardwood flooring.

• Superior King Room

AC too close to bed. Walls were dirty, needed repainting and bathroom remodelling. Floors were very dirty. Room too close to elevators making it noisy until late at night.

Bed comfortable

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was a little noisy. The bistro had limited options.

Shuttle to the airport was super quick, and left hourly. 24 hour coffee in the lobby. I didn't use the gym, but it was fairly well equipped for a motel.

• King Suite with Shower

I booked and confirmed my reservation through this website days in advance. On the day I was expected to arrive, I knew I would be showing up late (10pm) so I called and verbally confirmed my reservation again with the hotel directly. Upon arrival at the hotel, I was told they had given up my room, and were completely full for the night. Absolutely unacceptable!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Found the price high and the wait for the shuttle in late afternoon to early evening was long, at six in the morning shuttle was fine meaning not full

Room was fine

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Restaurant was garbage. Barely any food choices. Just a minimal deep fried bar style menu. The restaurant was very tiny and dated. Server and bartender complaining about food. Food was gross. Front staff weren't friendly. Seemed run down and dated overall.

Location to airport as we had an early flight. Shuttle was booked for the morning but we were brought to the wrong area of the airport for flight so go early.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Superior King Room

We would have like to have bathrobe to cover our swimwear to go to the pool. .

Bed ,very comfy,we enjoy our stay very much.Everybody were very pleasant .

• Superior King Room

Despite that we booked two rooms of the same room type at the same time to stay with our parents, our rooms were away from each other, with one being a connecting room, connected with a family with two kids. The door to the other connected room had so much space top and bottom that we could hear EVERYTHING and it was like we had no privacy. Plus, the shower in the room had no tub nor shower door that every time we took a shower, water spread to the entire bathroom.

The proximity to the airport as well as the airport shuttle were great. We didn't expect much from the complimentary breakfast, but it was much nicer and healthier than what we thought it'd be, including different kinds of bread, cereal, juice, meat, eggs, fruits, and yogurt.

• Standard Room

Bathroom was very weird, there was no bath tub or a shower box, it was floor level with a shower curtain !!! For a minute we couldn't believe it was a hotel in Canada! Very old furniture, poorly maintained and chipped, base boards had cracks

They didn't charge us for the parking

• Standard Room

Parking was a definite problem. It took us one hour to find a spot to park. The complimentary breakfast was terrible. The eggs were half cooked.

The room was comfortable

• Superior King Room

Hotel offers a bistro-type restaurant (i.e. burgers, pizza, wings, salads, etc.) with a capacity of maybe 40 people. The night we stayed at this hotel, there was only one person on staff, service was extremely slow. Then some kitchen equipment malfunctioned so orders had to be changed, etc. Wound up spending 2+ hours for an order of wings and fries (but in fairness, food was very good and hot). This said, the person on staff was very personable, kept her cool and gave us a complimentary drink for our trouble. Lastly, maybe because it was at the end of his shift, the shuttle driver was very unfriendly (rude might be a better word!). When we took our luggage to the back of the shuttle bus, (in the snow!) he told us the shuttle wasn't ready so we had to trudge back to the hotel lobby (in the snow!) with our luggage. He then moved over to the side of the entrance and had his cigarette. However, driver taking over was nice.

Breakfast was good. Food at the hotel's restaurant was good. Location with reference and transportation to the airport.

• Standard Room

Front desk staff could be friendlier. Very limited parking.

Quiet room with comfortable bed and pillows. Laminate floors rather than carpeting. Complimentary breakfast offered good choices.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• King Suite with Shower

The fact that they advertise they have a pool but did not tell you in advance the pool was out of order do to maintance. This was a very important thing for us when making the decision to book a hotel room. when traveling our son enjoys to swim and that was part of the reason we booked a room. when we got there they had a sign on the door to the pool saying out of order NOT OK!!!! they should show that on the website so people know when they book if all facilities are in working order. they offered to take us to their other hotel to go swimming bout the shuttle only runs every 2 hours. not ok when traveling with a 5 year old.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The parking was a little bit of a hassle - with two small children, one of us dropped the other person and the children and the luggage at the door, then parked and walked back. Because the weather was chilly, it was particularly tough.

The room was spacious and clean; the towels were fluffy, and the water pressure was ideal. We loved the breakfast also!

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Standard Room

My rate did not included parking which it did at other hotels. This cost me an additional $80 on top of the $145 plus taxes I was already playing. Then the staff would not shovel the 3' of snow around my car so I could get out. The least they could do when charging extra for parking. I could have stayed at the Marriott for that price

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bed was very comfortable and pillows were the best. We ate at the Bistro, not a big selection but the food was very good. The free breakfast was good and had a variety of choices.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

When I booked the room,there was nothing to indicate that the pool and gym were shut down. We arrived at 6pm after a 10 hour drive only to find out that we could not use the pool.I had 2 very disappointed grandchildren.

Breakfast was excellent.The rooms were great. All in all we enjoyed our trip immensely.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

• Superior King Room

Coffee and tea supplies in the room were skimpy, with no creamers and one cardboard cup per person.

The bed was super comfy! The shuttle service to the airport was excellent.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• King Suite with Shower

The floors were very cold but I like that it wasn't carpet and we couldn't,t figure out how to stop the cold air from blowing. Maybe a instruction sheet on how to work the heating.

The staff were amazing, helpful and friendly. Location was great, shuttle service took the worries about transportation away, very clean, all the amenities one would need and breakfast was great.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The pool was closed for renovations and we had no idea. It is upsetting when I book a hotel thinking I will be able to relax in a jacuzzi and my daughter can play in the pool to find out on the spot that they are both closed. Booking.com or the Holiday Inn should let the customer know in advance that the facilities are closed. This put a huge damper on our stay.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Booking.com could have passed along the fact that we needed parking including as requested. No parking and therefore an extra $139.00 to park at airport - was NOT happy

It was ok - stay was very short - up at 3:00am

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Parking is a little crazy but probably had to do with the poor winter weather conditions.

Cleanliness for sure! I was quiet in the room. Checking in was good, fast and friendly.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was not overly clean, you can see the dust bunnies, and the bathroom.....looked like particles of poop on the wall😬 We chose this place because it had a pool and a hot tub, guess what, the hot tub wasn't working, the staff offered to take us to the sister hotel to use their facilities, so go get wet in the winter then go back to your hotel....NOT An option. Would not go back.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• Standard Room

The bed was very comfortable. The free shuttle service to and from the airport was great. The room was a great size. Close proximity to the airport is a bonus for layovers or missed flights. So happy to be able to stay beyond typical checkout time (for a charge) as I waited for my late evening flight.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

• Superior King Room

The old encrusted food on the chair in the room, the hairs lying around and other garbage. The chair was not changed when we complained but we were told it would be better next time.

Comfy bed, good breakfast

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• Superior King Room

Shuttle from airport was convenient as our layover changed from 2 hours to 12 on little notice. Quick check in and out and competent professional front desk staff.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

NO parking !! Had to park out on the street - or such a good part of town Front desk had little to nothing to say Room was stark Overall a "C" at best

While it was indeed close to the airport - a very seedy part of town - Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Superior King Room

I could hear a lot of background noise coming from other rooms/the hallway.

The free shuttle to and from the airport was great, it was on time and efficient. The continental breakfast was also very good, the variety of food choices was abundant. The room was very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Pool was not accessible. No time to take shuttle to temp. location. Very limited selection at restaurant was not that great.

Nice, clean, near air port, shuttle to airport. Parking during trip.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Superior King Room

Door lock of room 410 was not secured. The frame knob was angled. I had to lifted the door to be able to properly secure it. Also, the base of the floor, under the door, was not professionaly finished. We could ear the wind through the heating system.. It wasn't quiet and restful.

Staff was concerned and attentive on our needs. We were in room where the heating system was not functioning correctly. As we informed the helpdesk, we given another room (410) in the next 5 min, an upgrade. Excellent!

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Superior King Room

getting to the hotel from Trudeau Airport is a challenge on Cote de Liesse (Highway 520) because exit is AFTER the hotel. I guessed (correctly) to follow sign that says turn right for 55th Avenue North. But there is no sign to veer right for the hotel. Again I guessed because I saw the hotel up ahead on the right. Parking is a challenge because a lot of cars are parked for days while the owners left to catch a flight. Guests get special rate to park for a week and take the shuttle to the airport. Leaves little parking spots for guests. So you end up creating your own parking spot next to the building or in the driveway.

Friendly staff, clean rooms, free (small) breakfast buffet, very comfortable bed,

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• Superior King Room

Would have been nice to have room service, arriving after a flight going to a restaurant is not a great prospect but that's much more of a 'nice to have' than 'need to have'.

Really comfy bed, nice staff, nice that the weekday breakfast starts at 5:30 to accommodate early starters. It was close to the airport but also for the train station where I had my onward journey the next morning.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Superior King Room

The washroom off the pool needed attention and when reported was attended to. Thanks.

Reception was most helpful. We really enjoyed the pool, especially after a long plane ride.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• King Suite with Balcony

The suite felt a little cold/sparsely decorated. Lacked character/cosiness.

Large rooms, free hotel shuttle, free breakfast, decent restaurant.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Superior King Room

$40 taxi to get downtown, so much construction around the hotel makes it difficult to go anywhere.

Good Wifi signal, very clean, very friendly staff, free breakfast.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Standard Room

Sofa bed was broken. One of the lamps did not work. Shower was slow. Breakfast could have been more fresh. None of the request made while booking were recorded. Lot of explaining to do.

Nothing in particular

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

• Standard Room

Wasn't crazy about the fact that a service they offer is slapping a boot on your car as a preventative measure against auto theft. Or that the front desk staff was very proud that a client with a Mazeratti had stayed there recently and their Maserati was STILL there in the morning!! We were comforted tho when they told us we need not worry about being abducted! was an awkward location to get back on the 20 with all the construction.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Standard Room

Eveything was great so just to complain about one thing it would be the potatoes at breakfast but there free so cant even complain about it

Great pool,sauna,gym,hot tub,resto/bar,library/video games

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• King Suite with Shower

Awesome location close to downtown and not as pricey. The free breakfast has a good selection; eggs, sausage, cereal, yogurt, pancakes etc. Loved the retro arcade machine in the lobby and to my surprise it didn't require any quarters to play!! The 2nd floor where we stayed, had a fuse ball machine and also free. These were small perks but just added a bit more to the enjoyment. Free parking was also excellent and free internet throughout the whole hotel. Definitely recommend.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Superior King Room

The road noise was horrendous. There is road bump nearby and every large truck woke me up. There are lots of trucks on the road.

Most everything was fine