Reviews of Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown 3 stars

111 Lombard Street, M5C 2T9 Toronto, Canada

#90 of 133 hotels in Toronto

Nothing wrong. All good

The room was just fine. Beds are comfy and location makes it easy to get anywhere. We walked from our Hotel to everywhere we wanted to go around the city. The little boats are handy to get to Granville Market etc. Brilliant place.

I didn’t like the fact that daily room rates fluctuated between $249.99 and $345.99 within the period of stay without any information to the customer until final bill was delivered on the day of checking out. Rates mentioned above were without taxes. I believe the rates should have been the same throughout our stay because we did not change the room neither did we request for anything extra. There was no convincing explanation from the front desk officer when I demanded to know why. I would be pleased to have a justifiable explanation.

Breakfast was fantastic and a lot of choices to make from the variety served. Sitting arrangement in the restaurant was made for the convenience of guests. Hotel location was central enough for everything we were able to achieve in the city. St.Lawrence market,Allan Gardens and Toronto Eaton Centre were close to the hotel. Street cars were available for transportation on Queen street east and King street. Staff were courteous and friendly.

Poor breakfast as compared to any 3 star hotel in Europe. In general I expected more for this price.

Good location, specious room equipped with coffeemaker and microwave, nice bathroom.

Wow , the staff were very helpful, the rooms were very clean and comfortable . The bathroom was very clean and new. I would definitely stay at a holiday express again . The location was very good too. Easy to walk to places.

Parking advertised as $24 a day, in fact we were charged $26.55 plus tax $3.45. Therefore $30 a day.

Very friendly and helpful reception staff. Parking was easy. Comfortable bed and clean room. Good location.

Used disposable plates, cutlery etc for breakfast. Now that recycling is encouraged I found this disappointing 😔

Lovely comfy huge bed with excellent pillows

Could provide eating utensils in the room. Should get rid of the plastic at breakfast. Had to pay $5 for laundry and there were only facilities for one person to do laundry at a time.

The bed was really comfy and room had a lot of useful amenities- microwave, safe and fridge. There was a great selection at breakfast.

House keeping poor Lifts were terrible, slow, over crowded Breakfast area cluttered

Spacious rooms Bedding was excellent Location was convenient Great views for the room we were staying

That I was told that the $150 cash deposit will just be deducted from my billing- but I was charged the full amount

I have a problem with the hotel They collected can$150 cash upon check in. Upon check out the front desk said I can opt not to get back the $150 & it will just be deducted from my bill. But upon checking my debit acct-they charged me the full amount of 2-days stay! So I need my $150 back. Pls reply to this!

Expensive Mini fridge didn’t work initially Couldn’t get hot water from coffee maker for hot chocolate

Good breakfast Fairly close to convention center Helpful staff Nice room

• Room Selected at Check-In

Paper plates- plastic forks & cups for breakfast!! Really?? Not even motorway hotels serve food this way. Carbon footprint?? V disappointing.

Comfortable tooms & clean

We booked this hotel through booking.com and even got an email reminder about the upcoming stay from you. However, when we checked in at close to midnight, after very long and tiring flight from Singapore, they told us that they could not find our reservation. Fortunately they still had room available but we had to wait quite awhile for them to set things up as they were not expecting us to begin with.

The breakfast area was very small and the plates & cutlery were plastic.

Clean and comfortable rooms with complimentary coffee machine & microwave

No complaints

It was just a 15 min walk to the convention centre. Breakfast had plenty for any picky eater. Bed very comfortable. Liked the beverages hot and ready when we walked in. Will be back with downtown TO again. Great price for location. We seen the same receptionist both nights and he was so friendly and happy to there.

we have been here a few times this visit we had room 414 we prefer other side but other than that great

the breakfast is quite good and do not have to leave property close walk to blue jay game and close to market were we love to go

I was very unhappy about the $30 surprise parking fee. This should be included in the fee of the room. (Especially since my car was only parked overnight.)

The bed was super comfortable. Lighting was great, as well as the temperature in the room. Breakfast was delicious.

Breakfast really isn't worth the extra charge given its very cheap quality buffet with disposable cutlery and paper plates. There are also no dairy free options of any kind.

Good room, modern, new and clean.

Fluctuating hidden pricing on the part of Bookings.com. There was a major, international convention in Toronto and room rates skyrocketed and were not disclosed when booked. Will consider using other booking services.

Staff was extra friendly and hotel was conveniently located for all my business appointments. I cannot fault the hotel for price fluctuations which should have been the responsibility of Bookings.com

My room was across from elevator and it was loud at times.

Room were clean. Front desk was super friendly and helpful with questions and getting around the city.

The elevator can use a little love

very nice hotel. you can tell it has been renovated and the renovation is lovely minus the elevator that needs some new wall panels

Everthing!

The breakfast was disgusting. There were plastic knives and forks, cardboard plates, and no choice apart from a revolting omlette. The mini bar fridge in the room had nothing in it. They do not stock the mini bar. Also, there was traffic noise through out the night.

The room was a little warm so we had to leave the window open a bit which allowed for lots of street noise.

The breakfast was good for a continental breakfast with lots of choices. The beds were very comfy with lots of pillows. The room especially the bathroom was nice and clean.

General state of the elevator, building were a bit outdated and not in great shape. Breakfast was poor. Would recommend for business trips but don't get your breakfast here.

Breakfast was pretty dissapointing. The hotel itself isn't in the best shape, however the rooms are clean and have plenty of room. I stayed here for business and the whereabouts of the hotel are perfect in the downtown area. Would recommend for business travelers.

Was up most of the night due to people in next room out in hallway screaming, crying, laughing. Was going to call the front desk to complain but didn't want to be that person. I realize this isn't the hotels fault as I didn't make them aware. Otherwise comfy bed, clean big room, and breakfast had lots of choices for anyone to fill up on.

New lighting around mirrors in the bathroom are too harsh.

Bed was very comfortable,staff were friendly,we like the improvements since our last trip.new lights

Only downfall was alarm wasn’t turned off from previous guest and it was super irritating being woke up an hour before I needed. Every hour of sleep is so precious.

Staff super friendly. Room fresh and clean.

Since you're asking, the pillows could have been softer but it wasn't a big deal

The location was great. My daughter and I were only in town for one night. We were happy to have the Keurig and frig in the room. We enjoyed the room and slept well.

only problem we got stuck in elevator would go up and down but doors won't open and I don't like closed in areas after hitting a few emergency buttons they forced the doors open and never had any problem with elevator after that

close to hockey game easy walk close to st Lawrence market easy walk beds are great a nice breakfast so you do not have to go out first thing in morning and great underground parking a little high price but good for Toronto I guess

• Double Room - Disability Access

Had to pay for parking in an unheated garage. Did not have hot chocolate or other juice choices. Only had 2 luggage carts and one of the 3 elevators for the facility was down for a 12-story building (looked like they were using middle elevator for maintenance & room cleaning staff in the morning during a high volume check-out time.)

The free breakfast.

It was 10pm on New Year’s Eve and we were listening to some music and I guess a guest complained so they asked us to turn off the music which I thought was rude since it was New Year’s Eve and it wasn’t even loud. I’ll have to think twice about staying here again.

The hotel was as pictured and clean. The breakfast was great.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

I believe the room size could be a little bigger as it was just not big enough to lay our luggages. Everything else was wonderful including the shower area, the soft bed, large LCD TV, good seating arrangements and sufficient lighting. However, our room wifi connections used to be on & off all the time which was kind of irritating.

The breakfast was well spread and sufficient for everyone although I expected some more choices. The food was warm, enough seating arrangements for guests.

WiFi kept asking to log back in, but not such an issue, as the internet speeds have been excellent. Could have a few more healthier options at breakfast.

Booked for a week, this was an extended booking as I needed a place to crash until my apartment was ready, couldn't recommend this place more. Excellent bed, catering facilities in the room and comfortable ambiance.

not enough restaurants near. had trouble hooking Wi-Fi called front desk with no answer For the price to stay parking should be free

very nice room and close to where we were going

There were a few areas for improvement/attention: The elevator would not open and my husband was stuck inside for a short time. He got the doors open by pressing the red button. The elevator appears to need some maintenance. We asked for a bottle opener (for import beer) however the hotel did not have one to provide. We recommend one be available to provide this assistance to guests. The side table beside the occasional chair, while interesting that it goes up and down with a lever, was a concern as it shot up quickly when the handle was pressed to adjust the height. Someone could get injured as it pops up. I also enjoy having a tub however the shower was very nice with good pressure and clean design lines. Nice wallpaper too!

Staff were helpful and friendly. The staff who checked us in was informative about bike routes in the city when we mentioned biking. Parking is great and the location of the hotel makes it easy to explore all parts of downtown easily. We walked to Dundas Square, City Hall, Front Street, etc. so everything is fairly close. Our room was newly renovated with thoughtful design and a nice colour palette.

Booked for a week, extended stay as I needed a place to crash until my apartment was ready, couldn't recommend this place more. Excellent bed, catering facilities in the room and comfortable ambiance.

• Double Room - Disability Access

was disappointed that there is no pool. There was a time when only one elevator was working so you had to wait awhile for it. doing 14 flights of stairs was not fun. price of the room was not the same for every day. also on line booking had different prices that were lower than original booking but no difference on the bill.

breakfast every day was good and location to down town was within walking distance to the attractions

all was perfect nothing bad to say

great staff fast to help you with any ??? very clean rooms AAA plus breakfast very good food awesome location for the price i highly recommend ill be back for sure cheers eric

Area where food is placed is small and makes it crowded when serving. There is a lineup to make toasts. Elevator is way to slow, had to wait up to 10 minutes for it each time.

Room very clean and bed comfortable. Breakfast included has amazing choice.

I wish breakfast was a bit longer. We didn't get to eat breakfast.

The staff was fantastic. Our room was clean and the location was great for walking and site seeing.

• Double Room - Disability Access

The cleanliness of the hotel and rooms were impeccable! So impressed with this! Staff were also very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and gladly stay again.

This is one of the best hotel stays I have ever had. The hotel had beautiful upgrades. Parking was easy and also featured easy hotel access. Friendly, helpful, and accommodating staff! Highly recommend staying here!

Elevator took a very long time and there was only one operational One almost needs to schedule it into the trip - at times it felt like it took over 5 minutes to arrive Also, slippers in the rooms would have been much appreciated

Nice new beds, new bathroom, linens and all else in the room . It was quiet as well

Plates, spoons, forks, knifes, cups... all was in paper or plastic, which was a bit inconvenient, as I am used to a bit different service, but I would say it is the minor cons

The room was spacious and clean, all was neat and nothing disturbing. The breakfast was nice, but maybe it would better to have more variety of dishes. The personnel was always friendly, never denied in help. Would definitely recommend this hotel to other travelers

The area wasn't the best. Also they took too much money from our credit card as they took a holding deposit and didn't reduce the balance we owed by this amount. Still waiting for a refund 3 weeks later

Our room was very spacious and the bed was really comfortable.

Not a very warm welcome , No water at reception for any travellers. Plastic cutlery and paper cups and plates at breakfast also very little choice.

Good Bed ,

Location map shown at booking.com is different than actual. It is far off from union station. Behaviour of lobby manager Cassiana was very bad and rude. However behaviour of Vishal who checked us in was very good and warm. Subway station King and Queen are appx 800 meters. Union station is 1.8km.

Room was ok

• Double Room - Disability Access

I had charged my account to my business's card, but due to no notification from the hotel, I had to refund that card at the time of check in and put it on my personal card instead.

nice location, clean rooms

We had an appt at the mount Sinai hospital and found the cost of the room to be expensive and to have to pay for parking on top of the room was crazy!

The hotel was under construction and did not mention that when we booked. The construction was going on right where the breakfast was. I feel there should have been a discount for all the noise and drywall dust everywhere

That is was close to what we were there for

The parking situation was confusing. The vending machine looked filthy. The elevator buttons could use replacing.

The free breakfast is acceptable and the breakfast staff were nice. The location is perfect. The room was quiet.

For the amount we paid, we expect for the toiletries to be complete. Also, why was I charged on the rooms when I paid in cash? Can you please get in touch with the hotel and tell them to refund me?

The room I stay in stinks. No noise-proof door and walls. Average waiting time for the elevator is 10 min. WiFi doesn't work in my room. Definitely not worth 200+ dollars per night.

Location is good. Friendly and helpful staff. Not so various option for breakfast but acceptable. Microwave oven available in the room.

The hotel is under heavy construction and it shouldn't be cause online it wrote until july. The hotel however, didn't mind and say "on our site it does", yha..like anyone books like that today. Cause of the construction the hotel, all of it, is minimal and poor. WHY DOESN'T ANYONE TAKE RESPONSIBILITY?!?!?!

Room was nice

Renovations on going but running an insulation pump outside in hallway in front of elevators from parking lot extremely noisy ( very tight enclosed area ) !!

All the garbage generated by using non-recyclable materials at breakfast. Why not use all 'green' utensils and plates, etc. Also the garbage and recyclable bins should be labelled as what goes in what bins.

Great staff. Got us a taxi no problem. Helped print a document out. Breakfast staff were super and friendly. Room was well cleaned each day.

The room was great - lots of room. It is a walkable distance from all the major attractions, also close to transport links trams/subway too. Breakfast had lots of options. We weren't aware the hotel was under construction which meant the breakfast room was very overcrowded but only a minor problem the hotel overall was great.

My friend and I are disabled. I went downstairs to get some breakfast and got in the line but was almost mobbed by people getting food. One lady who was bringing out food came over to me and helped me tremendously. She went from station to station for me and brought back what I needed. That was the best experience. Her kindness.

I believe the cost was raised due to Tiff...not very fair. Usually this room is under $200 a night but we paid over $300

The rooms are clean and modern and the breakfast is fantastic!

• Executive King Room

Too many people at breakfast not enough room or tables. In the room one comfortable chair would have been appreciated.

Breakfast was very good and plentiful. Room was spacious and very clean. Staff very polite and curteous.

The only thing was that it was under construction in the lobby so there was some disruption with that. Once that is complete it will be perfect!!

Place was clean and comfortable. Really good breakfast in the morning too!!

Waited in line for breakfast way before the 10am cut off and by the time we got to the front, there was no more breakfast being served and they said they're not bringing out any more. Slight disappointment with no compensation from management.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Staff at check in was very unfriendly. Refrigerator in room was broken. In bathroom ceiling paint came down. Hotel was under construction and should have been discounted. Pillow in room had hair on there . The list goes on and on .

Location was good.

I thought that our room was expensive for what we got. I am a deep sleeper, but my partner isn't and he didn't sleep as well because there were noises outside of the hotel and you could hear other guests being loud in the hall way.

I liked the staff, the size and comfort of our bed (a king bed), and I also liked how clean the room was.

The breakfast is only ok. Coffee is good but it would have been really nice to have a hot fried egg sandwich. The omelette was pretty bad.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean. The location is awesome if you are attending Massey Hall or Ed Mirvish Theatre.

The lobby was under construction consequently (1) there was no place to just sit down (2) and there was insufficient space to accommodate guests having breakfast The room was quite small, did not have sufficient lighting and there was only one chair--a desk chair The bathroom sink was much too high and resulted in leaving a mess when brushing teeth or just washing hands and face The elevator cAbs were in disrepair The AC cylvled off in an odd way, sometimes the room was too cold and in the middle Of the night it got stuffy and too warm

pleasant and helpful front desk staff

See comment above

There was remodel construction in the hotel, noisy and messy. Breakfast was in much too small of a temporary space. Food choices were so-so. Location was good.

First room had strong smoke stench, did not even set down my bags. Second room also had a foul smell. Had to leave the window and fan on for an hour to air out. Hotel under construction, no sign on entry, lobby a construction site, windows covered in paper. Staff unapproachable and disinterested. Elevator takes forever to reach your floor, possibly also under construction.

Good Breakfast

No computer room, but conceive was very kind to let me use their print for our boarding passes for plane trip home

St James Park, and 24 hour metro market. Close to subway on King Street. Enjoyed also market square.

Body lotion should be included.

Central location near downtown and Distillery District. Room was recently renovated with all new furniture and new bathroom. Good water pressure with user friendly shower head. Parking was onsite and secure.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Parking was expensive (CAD 24 for 24 hrs), room was too expensive for the money (over CAD 250/night), breakfast room was way too small for the amount of guests.

The location is good, the staff is friendly.

• Executive King Room

Not able to park truck on site, had to park at a site 10 minute walk away. Site was under construction and was not made aware prior to visit by either booking.com or the hotels website. 3 coffee k cups, 2 teas but only 1 pack fixings (1 sweetener, 2 sugar packs, 2 whiteners, 1 stir stick)

Rooms are nice, was actually given the room I requested without issue. Beds are comfortable, shower was clean and hot. Lots of USB plug ins for charging. Was not able to park onsite due to low height on their parking garage but they did offer offsite parking that was cheaper than posted at the lot, but could have been closer. Was charged wrong rate for parking but staff changed it without issue after bringing it to their attention.

The elevators took a long time to arrive and if you choose to take the stairs you can not go to the lobby so you end up waiting for the elevator anyways

The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms comfortable and enjoyed having the ability to control the room temperature. The location is amazing and the staff were able to assist in finding good restaurants that are in walking distance

• Room Selected at Check-In

The front desk staff were nice but as helpful as I would have liked. The hotel was undergoing renovations that according to their website would be completed by the time of our visit. The renovations were not finished. There was no real lobby area, no business or fitness center. One day a notice was slid under our door stating there would not be any water from 11-5. I'm sure that when the renovations are completed it will make for a much more enjoyable stay. I asked when checking out, if there would be a discount - or "under construction" rate. He said he would put a note on our billing statement for the manager. Sadly, I never heard anything 😕. I'm sure when the renovations are finished, guests will enjoy their stay but until then, you may want to consider staying somewhere else.

The beds were awesome! The housekeeping staff were friendly and helpful.

Foyer full of dust and reception staff wearing masks. Ladders and workmen everywhere so much so we thought the hotel was closed for renovation. Electrical, painting and who knows what going on. In fairness by the following morning the situation was improving and perhaps another days work work would replace the overhead panels and flooring.

Comfortable room. Good breakfast.

Breakfast were good and the bed were okay.What show in the online booking the picture tell it different when you get there.It on a different street show in the booking.Placeing to walk and catch the street train and down to the lake and chinatown.

Browse Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown traveller photo gallery