Reviews of Holiday Inn Guelph Hotel & Conference Centre 4 stars

601 Scottsdale Drive, N1G 3E7 Guelph, Canada

#7 of 15 hotels in Guelph

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our breakfast buffet was cold and our table settings were incomplete ie no cutlery/.spoons. The rate receipt we found slipped under our door did not match our on line quote by $20. Had to approach the desk for clarification and correction./

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Booking.com should be held liable and you should be ashamed of yourselves for advertising a room in Canada and charging US dollars with no notification. It's no wonder you were cheaper than the Holiday Inn's own rate because they advertise their Canadian properties in Canadian dollars. Booking.com only makes the consumer aware of your scam once you have the consumer's credit card information and have completed the charges.

Bed was very comfortable.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms are very dated. The bathroom was incredibly small with no counter space. The toilet paper roll couldn’t be reached and kept failing on the floor. The showered sprayed water in every direction. There were no outlets designated for charging devices. Some guests received breakfast vouchers and had a room rate that was $30 cheaper than Booking.com.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Would have liked a small lounge with music on the weekend. Not leave property. Food very good in your restaurant. Never looked for other food places just being a weekend it was very quiet as no music

Fast sign up and confirmation number to show I was booked in. For sure

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Had no record of my reservation even when I showed both confirmation emails. Took forever to sort out and was an awful experience. Will not book here or with booking again.

• Executive King Room

We did not have very hot water for our showers in the morning .

it Was our 41 wedding anniversary . It was really nice to be upgraded to the jacuzzi suite! Thank you The facility is close to everything you need.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was very excited to have a bath there but to my surprise the water would not go more than lukewarm-cold. A bath was not completed. The beds were smaller than expected. The queen size we were supposed to get was more a double bed.

The rooms were great, very spacious. We just enjoyed being alone for the weekend.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Elevators were slow and walls were thin. Between the hockey team running around the halls until after 11 and the guy next door with Tourette’s swearing his head off until 3am it wasn’t the greatest stay. When I called to complain the woman at the front desk cut me off because she was trying to deal with the hockey teams but she didn’t even acknowledge my second complaint about the guy in the room next to us

Location was great and pool was nice

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

house keeping missed some items under the beds - one being a Tylenol which I'm glad I found before my dog .

really friendly staff , other guests who were there for a genre-com convention were fun and everyone loved our dog - a pet friendly hotel !

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The smoking area was right outside our window (side entrance off Scottsdale) ...no continental breakfast...pool was closed for maintenance (which is the whole reason we booked this hotel for our kids) ...definitely too much money for value

Right across street from mall, easy access to main roads.

• Executive King Room

Kids running up and down the halls all night very loud, elevator took forever due to the kids playing on them, service at the restaurant was bad no one was there or they ignored us completely couldn't even get a bill, bathroom in the lobby was not clean

Looked nice great location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Elevators are small and slow for a hotel that is only 5 storeys. One of the male servers at breakfast was neither friendly or helpful - hovered around table, willing the 2 of us to leave 20 minutes before they closed. Out table was cleared, and we were enjoying our coffee before hitting the 401.

Location, quiet!, friendly staff that was responsive to questions/concerns.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Despite the room darkening blind-the sun still peaked through the sides & kept me up a lot, therefore I did not get adequate sleep. Your pillows were not very supportive and the bedding (although nice and clean) was too light for my sleeping habits.The taps dripped, and the rooms are not very sound proof.My phone was also not hooked up in my room, but the other room's phone was fine. being a yearly visitor, I noticed that the price has risen substantially, which is disappointing. The shampoo dried out my hair pretty good. Being that I had to dress up, it would have been nice to have a full-sized mirror that one could get close to somewhere in the rooms, as well as some extra hangers. Also our bathroom sink did not drain water very well, and I could not get a wake up call.A garbage can in the bathroom would be nice.

Love the layout of the rooms, very glad that my request was fulfilled for no carpets.I come & stay here every year, and am always impressed with the location. It was nice to have the extension on our departure time too.There were ample toiletries and towels/cloths for our bathroom for the weekend, we didn't need to make use of house keeping for all 3 days.We also made good use of the kitchen! Could you put a broom & dustpan in the rooms?

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Fitness centre wasn't open around 4am, when I wanted to use it. Not a big deal, just a bit of a let down.

Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. The location can't be beat.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Way over priced, didn't know about the additional cost for the pet, very very small room, picture was deceiving, very out dated furniture, small bathroom, not very comfortable. Breakfast was extra, no fridge or any kitchen items. I have stayed in cheap motels with more luxuries for half the price. Wish I could change the 3.8 to a 1.

Easy access to the pool.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed skirt had stains on it, no tea in the room, curtains were hard to open, bsthroom too tiny, pool area was freezing, hotel was cold overall and breakfast food was not valued at 12.95 at all.... maybe $7.00!

The beds were comfy.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool . In very " open " area . Would rather have a free breakfast . Instead of a over priced restaurant . But we knew that going in .

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The rate I booked with booking.com was $129. However I was charged $149 at the hotel. I emailed them and they said the rate I had booked was for two people which was not correct I was traveling with three other people. They tried to charge me an extra $20 for a room that can hold four people when i booked it with the intention of having four people stay. Just watch out for this "extra people" charge when you book with a group of people.

Loved the layout of the hotel and our room was nice and tidy and the staff was friendly and attentive.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I had booked for three people. I was honest and paid the additional price. The room was set up for two people with two coffee cups, wash cloths, etc. The pool was closed for maintenance throughout our stay. When I spoke to the desk they said there was nothing they could do because I had booked on line.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was no less than 30 degrees celsius when we arrived (the main lobby area and the halls/area by the elevators.) When we entered our room, we discovered the same temperature in there. We pumped our cooling system for hours and mayyy have gotten it down to 28 degrees. We didn't have an exterior window (just a balcony door to an atrium) so no matter which door we opened, we just circulated more hot air. I also booked this room for 4 people and I understood there would be 2 double beds. They reserved me a single queen bed instead. Managed to find a room with two doubles at the last minute, but charged me $189 despite booking at $125. So I ended up overpaying for an oven of a room. I will not be staying at this hotel again - and I may not be using booking.com again, either.

Staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Buffet breakfast. Everything was old and dry. Scrambled eggs, bread, pancakes all of it.

Sauna was clean and hot. Pool refreshing. Located next to mall .

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was overpriced. $180. for a small room, and only double beds. When I booked with Booking.com, I had booked a room with 2 beds and a pull-out couch. Did not get it.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Pool and sauna were great but would have liked a hot tub also.

Staff was extremely helpful. Our first room was noisy so we were upgraded to a different room.

• Executive King Room

Lots of building noises (rattling/vibration from fans) which we viewed as "white noise" but could be a huge problem for people who may not view it that way. Our tub did not drain properly after taking a shower (hoping it was a "one off" for our room only).

The king size bed was very comfortable. The free parking and free wifi are great services that I believe should always be included in a hotel stay anywhere. The location is great, right off the Hanlon Pkwy and quick 5 min drive to downtown Guelph where there are many great restaurants to choose from.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It would be nice to have breakfast included.

The beds were extremely comfortable and the sheets were silky and lovely. The temperature in the room was just right which i find is rare.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Booked for one night at rate of 133.00 before taxes and this included breakfast. The hotel charged me 137 and indicated breakfast was not included. The staff claimed the issue could be due to some setting issue on booking.com. I don't believe that excuse because it's never happend before and it's not a reported issue. The price was listed in CA dollars and I reside in Canada and so the likelyhood of a conversion error in price is not a reasonable explanation. Also, this doesn't explain them removing breakfast from my original booking package. Anyways they ended up offering me breakfast at no additional charge but this whole priceing/details switch up is super sketch. Also, at check in the host claimed they didn't take VISA prepaid. That's a lie. She used it anyway and had no issue with it. Lastly, the bathroom looked a bit dated. Poor customer service experience and don't think I'd stay here again.

Fitness center on site, close to Shopping mall and breafast is delicious.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast should be included in the price.

- very helpful staff - exterior room with a window that could be opened (there are indoor rooms as well) - clean - problems (noisy AC) were looked after immediately

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Executive King Room

The hotel was great, very clean and excellent service. The renovations were gorgeous, although the breakfast was not very good at all. We left hungry with a 30 dollar bill.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom was tiny, faucet was leaking. It all looked old and tired. Low points in cleaniless because of the dogs (pet friendly hotel).

Needed to be at the university stadium early in the morning. It's a 5 minute drive. Dinner was actually quite good. All locally sourced.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was perfect for our needs!

The staff were amazing and so accommodating to us. We traveled with 2 of our dogs from the U.S. They were polite and friendly at all times. I will definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I hated the place, I felt like I was in a zoo.

Nothing, a total waste of money , no USB ports , a crappy little tv, uncomfortable pillows and bed, I don't like being woke up by dogs barking !!! No breakfast included for 155.00 was a huge insult. I've had better stays in a $100 room. It's not up to date what so ever,

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Inaccurate signage caused us to miss Sunday breakfast. At check-out, they apologized and gave us a $25 discount for our inconvenience (and they changed the sign). They start clearing buffet 30 min prior to advertised closing - get there 40 min before end of breakfast.

They accommodated all of our requests regarding room location, placing a fridge in the room and allowing us to check out at 2. Love that they have a computer and printer avail. in the lobby at no cost! Staff very friendly, very clean hotel. Would def. recommend!

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was never clear whether breakfast was included with the room. We understood it was and then told it was only covered for one morning and told we needed a voucher which we hadn't been given and then told the voucher only covered one person's breakfast.

The breakfast selection was good.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

older hotel was not worth the price

good location off the highway

Breakfast was average.

Cleanliness and location.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Comfortable bed. Nice pool. Sauna was great.

• Executive King Room

Keys wouldn’t work in door....happened over and over. Need to upgrade aging door locks.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Lots of free parking Close to the mall Easy to get to Open airy lobby Kids seemed to be enjoying the pool

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The beds were probably the most comfortable thing I’ve ever slept in.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast too expensive, hotel staff waste police department time with unnecessary calls

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We were happy with everything.

The beds were AMAZING!!

• Executive King Room

great indoor pool to play in with our grandkids.. and great kid friendly restaurant.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

New beds were too high.Alright if you were 75 inches or over tall.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

A very noisy hotel, walls seem thin and I could hear everyone walking above me.

I could check in early.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We had no mugs or glasses in our room. Coffee maker was hidden, but I had no cup.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I have no negative comments regarding this property.

Bed was awesome. Had a great night's sleep. Very quiet property. Friendly helpful staff.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room definitely wasn't cleaned properly.

Location & the friendly staff

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel was shabby and needed refurbishing. The carpet was damp.

Polite and willing service.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Longer hours for restaurant and bar. Fridges should be in all rooms and electric tea kettle.

Sitting areas inside hotel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed to high. TV should be in front of sofa not the bed

Staff very friendly, helpful, good breakfast

Good

Poor Breakfast

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel seems a little untidy

The staff was very nice

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was very quiet and comfortable. Proximity to Stone Road Mall is great.

No complaints.

Quiet, clean and economical.

Facilities are outdated

Requested adjoining rooms, but could not be accommodated

Beds were very comfortable. Overall cleanliness

extremely comfortable bed!!

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

The weather, snow!!

The rooms clean and functional

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Balcony - Non-Smoking

Very friendly & helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Common area a bit dark and outdated. Could hear a man yelling and swearing at 3am.

Clean bedding. Good quality sheets. Clean bathroom.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Standard Room

We had a toenail on the floor 😨 We had to get maintenance as the converter was not working

The bed was so comfortable

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Internet was poor and bathroom was very small and bath was grungy

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

rooms where quiet for sleeping

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Sofa bed not made

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very nice place staff was very friendly. Also liked the affordable late check out

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

No comment!

Pool was on repair they give me a voucher for the breakfast to replace the pool facilities.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Executive King Room

The bed was super comfy!! Liked the fact I could choose firm or soft pillows.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was too expensive and the service was terrible

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Prince could have been a tad lower

Bed was comfy :)

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

The 3.00 coffee

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Mattress was a little to firm.

Location and staff.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

loud a/c and no hot tub

location and pool

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dirty bath mat and tub no working fan in bathroom breakfast was too expensive for the quality of food

Pool and location

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

close to almost everything you could possibly need. pool area was a great plus

There are also 57 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.