Reviews of Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East 3 stars

600 Dixon Road, Etobicoke, M9W 1J1 Toronto, Canada

#91 of 133 hotels in Toronto

• Room Selected at Check-In

First night outr A/C was not working. Had to move rooms by the 3rd night because our room was boiling hot and our toilet didn’t work properly. Could not have the tv on any louder than 13 sound and past 11pm. Staff was unprofessional. 7th night someone who was an unregistered guest snuck into the hotel and broke into our hotel room as well as yelled at and banged on doors of many others. They compensated their poor security with breakfast which I thought was not of equal value. I was up till 4am dealing with police. We where booked to stay till Sunday and some how our reservation switched to say Saturday so I was forced to pay and extra day. They where rude and speak to highly about them caring about customer requests. When they don’t care at all.

We enjoyed having the pool and restaurant right next to us and the free shuttle made the world of a difference!

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was not friendly at all! Paid for breakfast and was treated terribly by the Perkins staff! You have to pay $15 for parking in the hotel parking lot.

The only good thing about this place was the bed, it was comfortable.

• Room Selected at Check-In

The damage down payment was 100$ a night which is outrageous! 400$ a room for just a deposit in case of damages. That really messed us up so we had to figure something out. The staff didn’t offer solutions when we encountered problems either they just started blankly at us :(

The location was very close to my event - 5 minutes away! So i was thrilled to have been able to book 3 rooms there. They were all on the same floor as well so we could all hang out.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Our room was beside a very loud ice machine. And the parking lot across the way had a spotlight that faced our window completely. Making it very hard to fall asleep

Perfect location and beautiful pool/ pool room

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

- parties in the hall way til midnight - bathroom door wouldnt shut - they advertised gift shop but there wasnt one - we had steak skillet & fried pickles at Perkins it was disgusting and cost $8” -in the morning beer cans all over the hallway

Cleaniless of the hotel was excellent and the bed was comfy

• King Suite

The toilet was plugged when i booked in, the maintenance person attended and said it was fixed which it wasn't and it took him another two visits to fix it. After the toilet was fixed i asked for cleaning staff to re-clean the toilet which never happened.The room overlooked a flat roof area with nice large windows but they were so disgustingly dirty you couldn't see out.

Staff was helpful and always polite

• Room Selected at Check-In

Granddaughter was in a hockey tournament and after watching the first game we arrived at the hotel at 9:30 AM and a room was cleaned and made available in 20 minutes. We so much appreciated this. Room was very clean and modern. Staff super friendly.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Paying to park was to high. 15 dollars a day. I also didn't like no breakfast and felt cost of Perkins was high. Be nice if hotel guests got a discount

10 min drive to airport was easy to get to. Having Perkins restaurant attached to motel was convenient

Gym was horrible - one broken treadmill the other squeaking so loud - dumblells but no bench or room to use them - very neglected area and it is the reason I booked there., need early morning work out - please put some money into the gym.

Front desk person did not know about other entrances closer to the room when checking in. The next morning I needed to double check the address for a funeral. The front desk woman hesitated to look up the address and wanted to know why I didn’t look on the internet. I had to explain I was from Michigan and did not have the internet. She was not at all very friendly. Also, for the price, the hotel should offer a continental breakfast. More and better lighting needed in the bathroom.

Overall just about everything was fine.

When we got there the key cards were not working, we were showed to our rooms but then had to carry our things up. There was no carts for our suit cases and the elevator is on the opposite side of the building. We did not have air conditioning and the room was very warm, we were told that the building only had the heat on. This made it difficult to sleep the first night. The second day our key cards did not work and we had to come back to the desk in order to get to our room.

The beds were very comfortable, and the rooms were reasonably clean.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't agree with the fact that we had to pay additionally for parking. I think if you're a guest at the hotel, they should be validating parking for their guests. Considering the price you pay for the room, parking definitely should be included.

waited for the shuttle at the airport for 1 hour 2 shuttle drove by without stopping or looking to see if there was hotel guests that needed to be picked up and the shuttles were empty after the first 1/2 wait for the next shuttle there was no more shuttles finally took a cab.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

I asked them not to charge my credit card that I wanted to pay debit and was told I could do so at checkout and when checking out they already charged my credit card and I am still waiting for the reversal

• Room Selected at Check-In

I have to walk 10 minutes to get to my room... Parking free pass sometimes didn't work making me lose time. 15$ day for stupid parking

Bed was comfy

• Room Selected at Check-In

Our room was very cold and the thermostat did not work (didn't have power). This was our second stay and the first time we did not have an issue in the room. Also the sound of the planes is much louder on the higher floors, especially the top floor where we were this time.

The location is perfect for us. Rates are good too.

I had book with booking.com for the first time and I was quite disappointed. When we arrived at the hotel, they couldn't find our reservation in their system. I spend 15 to 20 minutes in the lobby trying to figure out the issue. I had already paid for the hotel room but nothing was booked as perthe hotel. The front desk staff eventually had to call booking.com and resolve the issue ss another guest who booked with booking.com was having the same issue. The process was long, tiring a d complicated but finally the issue was resolved.

The bed was very comfortable.

• Room Selected at Check-In

The Bath is a tad crowded for two people in the morning, but is acceptable.

The Staff is very courteous and friendly and assisted us with whatever we needed. Facility is very clean and comfortable! We have been there several times over the last 18 months.

Facility is very old. Carpets are not clean. Could not draw the curtains. Dark corridors. It is not value for money considering the price.

Did not have a chance to have breakfast because of my schedules. The reception provided a good service. Proximity to the airport. But there are other holiday inns closer as well.

• Room Selected at Check-In

The hotel and restaurant were dowdy and very much below the standard of the Sheraton across the road where other relatives were staying but they were just as expensive. And while the Sheraton included car parking, this was extra at the Holiday Inn. My room was quiet but my sister and neice’s room across the corridor was very noisy - the glass not being tick enough to recuce the noise of the planes going by every few minutes.

It was in a convenient location

• Room Selected at Check-In

The whole U.S. exchange. I was told that the differnce would be reflected in my bank account. It was NOT. I asked the ATM for $140 US and recieved 140 Canadian😕. Not cool!

Attended the NASP conference. Drove in from Maryland. Very nice accomodations.

• Room Selected at Check-In

the parking lot of this hotel is not supposed to be a paid parking because it is not convenient for me to pick up my parents; there should be some parking lot area for all kinds of loading purpose

Decent hotel like others

• Room Selected at Check-In

These are just some things I wish I knew before booking: 1) I thought the reservation included breakfast, It did not; instead there is a conveniently located dinner right beside the main building. 2) Parking is not free, there is an additional cost to your reservation about 13ca. 3) Since the inn is conveniently located near the airport one could hear the airplanes (specially early morning). This is something to consider if you are a light sleeper.

After spending several days in guest houses and hostels, this inn felt like heaven. Also there is a local dinner right beside the hotel, great for quick diner/lunch or breakfast.

• Room Selected at Check-In

When we booked, we were not aware that we would have to pay extra to park at the hotel. We also were not aware that the room did not have a fridge and the breakfast wasn't free since we booked online.

Room was clean.

• Room Selected at Check-In

The best part of my stay was knowing after a long day of touring the city i would be coming to a room that had a super comfy bed and great view of the city

• Room Selected at Check-In

The restaurant needs improvement. The seats (chairs) in the booth need to be replaced. The price at the restaurant is a little bit higher than other Holiday Inn Hotels in USA

The location was convenient to the airport. Staff were friendly and helpful.

The staff at this hotel were terrible. The shuttle for the bus was missing for over an hour and I was consistently responded to by 3 different staff with 'that's not my job, it's not my fault' and also lied to and told I just missed it even though it wasn't possible as me and my small children were standing in front of the building for over an hour waiting. The onsite Perkins restaurant has prices jacked up by at least 30% compared to the same restaurant elsewhere and the service and selection was also terrible.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

I had a very scary encounter with a man that made me uncomfortable. He approached me in the lobby as I was getting a drink and would not leave me alone. An hour later as I was relaxing in my room I heard someone try and come in. Scary enough it was him. I called staff right away and they came upstairs immediately. They gave me a new room and made sure I was feeling safe. One of the workers named Julie was extremely nice to me, she brought me tea and reassured me. She was very caring. She also called me every hour to make sure I was okay. They dealt with the man right after. I really appreciated the help and concern of the staff. There is no need to be iffy about this hotel. Crazy people are everywhere, especially when they see a young girl staying by herself.

• Room Selected at Check-In

The room was a long walk from the lobby and one could get easily lost. If you have a number of bags and heavy bags, this is not ideal.

The staff were extremely helpful

expensive, lots of walking to get to the room, bathroom ceiling had lose drywall and mold.

Pretty pricey for what you get however when your flight is delayed and you need to sleep it is relatively close to the terminal.

The absolute rudeness of the day time front desk staff. I understand people have bad days. But both clerks? The night staff were very friendly and accommodating.

There were gross hairs in the tub, sink and toilet. I had to clean the bathroom and sink area before I could use it.

The staff was very helpful when I needed copies and prints of my study material they made copies right at the desk because the business centre printer was not working.

The service we got was horrible. Broken ac, no mini fridge for my daughters milk or hair dryer in the bathroom or toilet paper. This hotel ruined our trip to Toronto. I was also charged an extra 198.47 on my credit card for a reason still not explained to me. My credit card company is doing a fraud investigation.

The beds. Everything else wasn't that great.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Had a question for desk clerk in afternoon. Not friendly at all. Day of check out, which is supposed to be at 1200 pm, housekeeping came in my room twice, once at 900 am and again at 1030. Very pushy to get me out, I guess.

Beds and linen were great. Enjoyed the pool.

• Room Selected at Check-In

The tub in the bathroom had mold in it. The restaurant was not very good.

Gentleman at the front desk was very helpful and knowledgeable about the bus and subway system and gave us great advice.

• Room Selected at Check-In

The stay was good and the free shuttle service to and from the airport to the hotel was awesome. The room and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was clean. I stayed there only for 1 night and had to leave early and so didn't get to taste the breakfast.

You need to pay for parking! There are so many hotels choices in the area; I will not recommend to pay here when it's free elsewhere. Same for breakfast - not included! Also, very noisy late evening with the plane landing...

Clean room

• Room Selected at Check-In

Parking was extra Toilet was stained Silcone in tub falling off Heat and a/c didnt work Drawer (top) in dresser wouldnt open Pool isnt nice either Kids running the halls knocking on random doors For 180 a night i expected alot more Staff didnt care if i stayed or not.

Not much

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

My credit card was charged 3 weeks before I stayed. According to the confirmation, they could put a hold on the funds, but it was not supposed to be charged in advance. I had to call the hotel to clarify as I was concerned about fraud. Some of the staff were making negative comments about the younger people there for Anime North. Couldn't drive to the front to be dropped off due to gated parking ($4 just to drive to the front of the hotel) so had to walk carrying all the luggage for my daughter and me. Airplane noise would be an issue for many.

The pool was large and warm. Room was spacious. Nice furniture and decor. Good wifi.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

• Room Selected at Check-In

I was disappointed that when booking online and said breakfast Was included however the hotel said it didn't indicate that in the reservation and I hadn't saved the email so they would not honour this. Was a little frustrating

Bed was great

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was miserable and not at all friendly. Perkins was slow even when not busy. Phone did not work to call any of emenities listed. No fridge, microwave or a chair in the room.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• King Room - Disability Access

Errors with $ change on our food bill at the Restaurant. Had to wait longer than usual for our food to be served. Building interior looking a bit tired.

Room & bed comfortable. Appreciated shuttle from airport.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Would have preferred no bed bugs! Had to change rooms at 4am because one of us got bit by a bed bug! Other than that the shower wasn't cleaned because someone else's soap was in it when we checked into the room. One of the rooms only had one towel in it and the other had a bag over the smoke detector and the window was broken open so someone could smoke! The rooms smelled musty like they were old smoking rooms that were not cleaned out properly.

Bed was decent

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Wifi did not work in our room. A solution has not been offered from the hotel. Bathroomdoor did not close. The room was originally a smoking room. Now converted to non-smoking. But the smoking detector had still it's brownish yellow colour as well the smell in the room. There is a big parking lot outside, but we had to pay for it. Only visible at the final bill. Climate control in the room was not able to increase the temperature to 75F.

Easy connection to airport and highway. Many restaurants around.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Good hotel for a short stay if you attend a meeting at the nearby Congress Center or need to be close to airport. Good shuttle service to airport. Restaurant accessible from the hotel open very early till late at night which is convenient for travellers.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Breakfast should be given out for free Swimming pool can be cleaner The elevator is too far from the gate

Breakfast can be improved, although the portion is enough to be full

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

I wish I knew there are charging $100 for incidental fees when it takes 3-5 business days for them to have it back. Also, there is often nobody at the front desk.

I did sleep well, the internet was working fine.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

The vending machine did not have an out of service sign on it and ate my toonie, but the gentleman at the front was nice and gave it back. No microwave or fridge in the room...a little disappointing.

The bed was comfortable. I enjoyed my stay.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

I found the beds not so comfortable, but overall our stay was great.

The location of this hotel was very easily to locate, the rooms were very clean and roomy. Our stay was great. I would come again. My grandkids had a blast.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

One of the rooms wasn't fully clean. Other employees were not very courteous

The lady that checked us in was nice and very helpful with our questions.

• Room Selected at Check-In

I wish I could remember the ladies name who checked us in but she was awesome. Really went out of her way to get us checked in earlier than we expected. Would definitely stay again

No complaints

The price is great! The free breakfast was awesome. Clean. We saw vomit on the way to our room called down stairs it was cleaned up asap.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Perkins Restaurant, very long wait for service, should have more staff available on holiday weekends.

Good location, friendly staff, room clean, bed very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

The "gift-shop/newsstand" (basically a closet behind a small nondescript door hidden in a hallway corner) was closed for all but maybe a few hours one day out of the three I was there. Only 1 of the 2 elevators was in operation - and for one afternoon none were in operation. The attached Perkins has unfriendly, unwelcoming, unmotivated staff, and their furniture is old and ripped (I worried about how sanitary it was)

The room was comfortable, clean and attractive. "Wall of window" for lots of light & small window opened for air. Blackout curtains very effective when didn't want light. Vending machines on main floor had snacks as well as drinks, and both were reasonably priced.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

I liked just everything overall, wasn't used to the cost of living though. It was worth the trip.

I like hotel being close to airport. The service was prompt, especially the service Perkins provided. When I checked out of the hotel, I had to wait to go to the airport. The receptionist told me that I would be allowed to wait in the lobby, which was very accommodating. Thanks again, I will for sure stay on dixon road anytime usa to toronto.

Quiet and we'll kept

Indoor pool my son with autism thoroughly enjoyed himself swimming

Cost

• Room Selected at Check-In

Room service was terrible.

Paying for parking

Large comfortable beds. Friendly staff

• Room Selected at Check-In

Restaurant prices were toooo much for what you received.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Very welcoming staff and nice atmosphere

It was very close to the airport

Proximity

Internet was horrible.

Expand restaurant menu

• Room Selected at Check-In

I was charged when we watched TV and did not order a movie.

The bed was comfy.

The staff at the front desk were rude and not helpful

ice machine not working

comfortable room

• Room Selected at Check-In

The TV signal was absolutely horrible. Every other minute the screen seemed to glitch or freeze.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Just in and out as we had to catch a 6:00AM flight the next morning. Didn't check in until late the night before.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

A member of the was rude. There was no safe in my room or a fridge.

The best was really comfortable and the room was really clean!!

• Room Selected at Check-In

Hall ways needed a good vacuum. Parking lot should have been plowed

Quiet

Small bathroom

Value

Needs a new toilet seat in room 539 been painted in chipped areas

• Room Selected at Check-In

Every needs improving and renovations.

Having to pay $15 a day for parking parking

The beds were comfortable and rooms were very clean