Reviews of Holiday Inn Vancouver Downtown & Suites 3 stars

1110 Howe Street, V6Z 1R2 Vancouver, Canada

#56 of 81 hotels in Vancouver

Enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn Downtown Vancouver. Staff friendly & helpful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel is about 1km from most of the shopping area and Canada Place, but is an easy walk. Rooms very clean. Pillows on the comfortable beds were great. Breakfast offered small choices of hot food, but was of good standard.

Though Good but unpleasant for not giving the breakfast coupons.
    • Business Double Room

Created a fuss about giving coupons for the breakfast. Complimentary breakfast was mentioned but out of 4 in the room only 2 were allowed .

Only the cleanliness and staff

The staff were friendly and extremely helpful, the room was...
    • Standard Room

The hotel rooms were a little dated overall but this really is minor and although it was the case everything was in good condition

The staff were friendly and extremely helpful, the room was clean and well looked after.

Great place for families.
    • Standard Room

The firm pillows weren’t as firm as I thought they would be. Took a while to adjust and fall asleep.

Big bed, had clean sheets and the room didn’t smell musty.

Good valued Car rental in the lobby of hotel.
    • Deluxe Room - Non-Smoking

The area is quite busy and noisy during the evening (especially on Friday - Sunday night).

Good valued Car rental in the lobby of hotel. Nice terrace with possibility to have a drink after busy day. Friendly & helpfull staff.

Found the hotel clean and pleasant to stay in
    • Standard Room

Could not set the air con in the room to a comfortable level, controller refused to be set. TV was hopeless, if you like sport, soaps or news then it was ok but only one movie channel showing 2nd rate movies

Excellent Hotel, very clean

A little disappointment!..not worth paying over $1000 Canadian for 2 nights!
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The balcony is dirty! Room is small for suite kind of room. The view we had was looking down to garbage area and dirty roofs. We paid over $1000 Canadian for 2 nights which was way overpriced!!

Customer service was great! Nice friendly staff at front desk and restaurant.

Great bed, great staff, central location
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Nothing to complain about.

Very clean room, with great comfy bed. Friendly staff; beautiful pool and great gym. Hotel is centrally located in downtown Vancouver.

I loved the location and staff of this hotel.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom area was a little small and the toilet in my room wouldn’t stop making noise.

I loved the location, parking, staff, spa and decor of the hotel

Acceptable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room was located across from the elevator which made it a rather noisy area plus the occupants in the room across from us were in and out of their room all night keeping us awake. We are retired and were not there to party.

We only selected this hotel because the bus delivering us from Seattle stopped here and the bus taking us to the ferry for travel to Victoria also picked us up here. The staff was polite and eager to assist customers.

Okay. Good enough. Good price and good location. Friendly staff.
    • Business Double Room

The room did not have any hair conditioner. There was a towel hanging from the "if a towel is hanging here, I want to use it again" rack, so I wasn't sure if it was a clean new towel. The shampoo sample was only about 3/4 full so I wasn't sure of it was new.

Free bag check the next day while we shopped, even though we had already checked out. This was really nice.

Decent Holiday Inn in a pretty decent spot
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking costs ($29 cdn/day)

Comfortable place, good staff and a pretty decent location. You can tell the hotel is a bit older but has been upgraded bit by bit over the years. Everything was clean though and our room being at the end of the hall was pretty quiet. The pool was quite odd though, with no real shallow portion for young ones (2-3m deep), and a support column right in the middle. Still nice to swim when it's snowing out, just no reason it needed to be that deep for a small kidney shaped pool. All in all, had a nice stay, would consider for the next time.

Very nice would stay there again

OOPS put everything up in what i liked . :P

The buffet breakfast had very little variety it was the same everyday . Though the waffles and pancakes were simply delicious. The staff is generally friendly. Though the swimming pool is open 24 X7 its not really nice as the right in the middle of the pool you have a pillar. the bed was really nice and comfy. The only trouble was that one lift was not working so it was time consuming to get a lift in the mornings.

room great
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

the lifts! or just one lift . . . and its tiny. the other one out of service and we were on a high floor so had to wait ages, then stop at every floor. its an old hotel, so maybe needs a little refurb??

location and staff were super

Nice mini getaway unti the city. Kids loved it and our stay was great
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Two parking lots is confusing...we took the main elevator down and walked around forever looking for our car that was at the back of the hotel down a different elevator

Comfy bed, great staff, nice pool and good breakfast

Stayed here as it has a 24 hour laundry in the hotel for guests
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom poorly designed - Shower temp. hit and miss if I am able to turn it on correctly to the temp. I like, in my country the shower is on a dial easier for you to set the temp. Toilet paper holder is set way to far behind the person sitting on the throne!!

Reception Laundry in house

We are going back to The Holiday Inn in two weeks !
    • Business Double Room

The bathrooms are a bit Small--& no angle mirrors .

Donna at their restaurant was very helpful & friendly. Our room was clean & well outfitted during our stay. Parking was good & we where able to leave our car for an extended amount of time while attending appointments at St. Paul's Hospital on the day that we left. I also left my curling iron in our room upon leaving & am told they have found & are holding it for me. We plan to return to The Holiday Inn in a couple of weeks as we need to spend another night in Vancouver.

Convenient , clean and comfortable with great staff.
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

No room safe. Some electrical sockets a bit wobbly. Problems if short in using microwave as too high, as were shelves next to it. General moan at most hotels: not every one likes to watch T V in bed. Please put them on pivots so you can sit in the armchair to view, especially with such a huge one. A couple more hooks in the bathroom and another towel rail for separating wet towel from pile of clean ones.

Having a microwave and fridge - useful when on my own and my tour group had left. Iron and ironing board. Umbrella- not needed as weather so good. Transport links, especially when I went to stay with friends- caught FastShuttle to-from Bellingham from outside. Everything within walking distance but buses stop nearby if needed. All staff very friendly and helpful, especially reception staff. Enough bright lights for those with sight problems. Both chairs comfortable and charging points for iPad etc. Bonus grandstand seat for Hallowe'en parade!

Staff was friendly, rooms were nice and clean.
    • Business Double Room

The coffee in the room was gross. Not so much a fan of how in the elevator you didn't have to put your room key in to get up to your floor.. we went from the parking garage all the way up to our floor. I find a concern and security breach. Someone off the street can just walk in and get to any floor...

Bed was definitely super comfy!

The employees there were great and the room and cleanliness was very good.
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

They had two elevators in the lobby, one of which was not working. The elevators were only large enough for about two people and their luggage. The sign in the elevator told you to insert your room key which didn't fit in the slot. There was another elevator further down the hall from our room which we took to the 1st floor, because the one elevator wasn't enough for the number of people staying there, but we couldn't get to the lobby. Signs in elevator did not tell you where to get off that elevator to get to the lobby. We ended up in the parking garage and walking outside to the front door to get to the lobby.

They gave us a room with two beds despite your booking which stated a double room with a picture of two beds which, according to them, meant one bed with a pull out couch. I very much liked this about them but very much didn't like this about booking.com.

Way overpriced. Terrible breakfast.
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms are on half floors so you have to go up and down short staircases and it is confusing to get around because different elevators get you to different areas but no one mentioned it when checking in. The breakfast was terrible. For the room price, what was put out was unacceptable; dry sausages, French fries, old pastries, limited yogurts and fruits... Nothing freshly cooked or changed day to day for the five days we were there.

Enjoyable and pleasant stay
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

There was only one lift working as the other one was out of order. We had to wait a long time as they were full coming down during the morning

I the room was clean and the bathroom was also very clean. The beds were comfortable

My room was right above Lux Lounge but sounded like the room...
    • Standard Room

My room was right above Lux Lounge but sounded like the room was above the lounge. :( So Friday and Saturday night music was loud until approximately 2 am Sunday night my last night was nice no music blaring

Beautiful hotel in a gross neighbourhood.
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The neighbourhood, Granville Entertainment District, is not a family-friendly destination! Also, there is no hot tub.

Lovely hotel, very clean, parking is amazing.

Enjoyed

Staff

Bacon not cooked enough. Breakfast was adequate but not presented in an attractive manner. I believe that Grand Circle picks the menu so the lack of some items is not the hotel's decision.

Always confirm your reservation independently with the hotel. Booking.com makes mistakes and can't d
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Even though we had made our reservation through Booking.com several months in advance, when we arrived at the hotel, they told us we had no reservation. The manager called Booking.com (he waited on hold for almost 30 minutes in regular queue), and apparently it was Booking.com's error. Booking offered to move us to the Westin near the airport and later refund the price difference, but we wanted to be in downtown. The Holiday Inn had rooms available for the 1st and 3rd nights of our three night stay, so I asked Booking to find us an available hotel for the 2nd night. They found another hotel about 2 or 3 miles away, but I had to book the room myself and then we had to change hotels twice in three nights. Very unsatisfactory service by Booking.com. We should have received some fair compensation for the error and major inconvenience.

Service was excellent throughout our stay, from hotel manager who was very helpful when Booking.com messed up our reservation, which did not get to the hotel (the hotel did not have our reservation when we arrived) to the front desk staff and restaurant wait staff. Good location in downtown Vancouver, walking distance to many stores and restaurants.

Dissapointed at the Check Out
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

You ask me what I didn´t like, the staff. Not all of them actually, housekeeping were very nice as well as the people at the restaurant. In fact, the staff in the reception were just as nice except for one person which I didn´t get her name. I´ll explain myself. We had to cut our trip short because my father died, it was the 25th and we were booked in 2 rooms until the 28th, fortunately Air Canada was kind enough to change our return without charging us a cent due to the circumstances. As I checked out I explained the situation to the executive at the reception, didn´t receive any condolences nor any refunds, which to tell you the truth I didn´t even care at the moment, just wanted to get back home. But one thing ticked me off, not at the moment but eventually and it really left a bad taste in my mouth, I told her that we had used the bottle of water in one of the rooms and she charged me for it! That´s $2.85 dollars she got from someone whose Dad just passed away, she got my money, but definitely not my sympathy.

It was well located, room were spacious and comfortable.

Nice bed.
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Crazy expensive room - and breakfast!! But everything in Vancouver is exorbitantly priced.

Nice bed. Quiet night. Woman in dining area was nice enough to let us choose some breakfast items to take with us the night before we left, since we had to leave at 5:30 AM before breakfast was served.

• Business Double Room

Windows were thin, we could hear loud noise from the street some times. The room was small for a 2 queens. Breakfast was limited in choices.

The bed was comfortable. Convenient location

Great hotel but at what felt over-priced
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Price! Very steep for two nights and after travelling all around the world staying at an uncountable number of hotels, motels and B&B's, I think this was overpriced for the hotel level. Air-conditioner was a bit noisy, so when it kicked-in you could really notice the noise. The bar seemed to close way before 10pm, so in order to go and unwind with a beer guests have to go out to one of the many very crowded and boisterous bars on Granville, which was packed with revelers from two enormous cruise ships that had just docked. Having a guest bar open till midnight or 1am would be very welcome indeed. In the end I found a liquor store and bought a six-pack to take back to the hotel.

Staff were really fantastic. There are people that just do their job and there are those that do it with passion. Reception and in particular Hailey, were really great, helpful and made us feel very welcome. Room was spotless, large and very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Comfortable
    • Standard Room

The location was great for access to Yaletown restaurants and downtown shopping. We walked everywhere from the hotel with ease.The room was clean and comfortable. It also had a kettle for tea making which is rare in Canada. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Good location good price good room

It was all good.

Near the Templeton cafe for a superb breakfast. Also really near various metro and bus routes. Easy to get around once we understood the layout of Vancouver. This hotel was in a great location.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Booking.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Booking.com reservation on my email was so difficult for the desk staff to recognize, I nearly thought it was another location. Renovations were ongoing and it was noisy during checkout and breakfast times.

3 nights for business purpose
    • Business Double Room

My room was just next to the elevator, and it was very noisy. Overnight it was OK, but all day long ...too much! I have to add...that the elevator was terribly slow...it took me time to reach my floor ... The lighting in the room was also very poor. In the bathroom it was quite OK but in the room, it was very hard to see. Besides, the weather was rainy. No daylight at all could have overcome the lack of light in the room.

The room I have got was very spacious and the beds were incredibly comfortable. Lots of pillows, soft and hard. Very nice! Although I was at the 6th fooor the view wasn't that awesome, but since I didn't spend my time watching outside it was more than fine. Lots of fresh towels available and some shampoo, soaps samples as well. I also liked the coffee machine, very useful when you are working. I didn't try the breakfast, because it was quiet expensive to my mind. But just next door you have a Starbucks if you need anything more than just a coffee.

Great Stay at the Holiday Inn on Howe St. Vancouver
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Walls a little thin, however that is generally normal, . The free breakfasts were very good, the staff was outstanding. Especially Tim at the restaurant and bar. Will definitely come back.

Best place to vacation!!

Construction going on.

All the staff, we're very friendly and knowledgeable. Location was excellent. Food from the restaurant delicious and very fresh.room service was very polite.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Dont stay here.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

lobby computer was out of service, only one of the two very small lobby elevators was working [lobby under renovation] view was of dumpsters and back alley buffet breakfast was same every day, no variation cost an extra $20 for taxi as couldn't get on line to make reservation

staff

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Couldn't pay me to stay again
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms felt old and dirty. The hotel was under construction and we weren't advised prior to arriving. The "patio" was disgustingly dirty.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Not a great experience!!
    • Standard Room

We had to stay above a night club couldn't sleep plus everything Booking.com booked for us wasn't available such as rooms and beds.Will never book with Booking.com again

Pool

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Buyer beware.
    • Business Double Room

Meals were inconsistent in their preparation, some good, some not so good. I didn't know the hotel was under renovations when I booked it. The noise and drafts were annoying.

Most staff tried to be very helpful.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

It is okay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Beds were hard. Elevators are small and one seems to break down. $16 breakfast buffet was cold. Slippery driveway when rain or snow.

Small fridge in room & wifi were good. Having an umbrella in room.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Great balcony, scary pool, pretty good stay. But no breakfast.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Love 24 hour pool but thought it was dingy. No hot tub :( it was actually kind of scary. Improve the pool and you'll have a winner! (Paint the ceiling at least. And close the curtains in that big scary conference room that surrounds the whole pool) and how come no breakfast?? Even while the place is under construction? Come on!

Comfy beds. Windows that open slightly for fresh air; nice rooms. Like the big outdoor patio. It's nice to have a comfortable place to have a drink and a smoke undercover.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

The best location downtown you could imagine.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Too cold everywhere while minus temp outside. Needed to ask for additional portable heater. Too many black hairs in bed and bathroom

The best location downtown you could imagine. Walking distance to Canada Place, to bars, shops, to train station for direct airport service. Staff really helpful and friendly Amazing views from the window You can open windows I even had a balcony-great!

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

nice room, good location, clean bathroon, comfortable beds.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The price is a litter higher than expected. No complimentary bottled wateravailable in the room

nice room, good location, clean bathroon, comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Very good value for the $ paid.
    • Business Double Room

Our room had an adjoining door into the next room and the staff had placed a large chair infront of this door. It made it very crowded and possibly a smaller chair or none at all would have been better.

The beds were very comfortable and the rooms very quiet for sleeping. Our room was very clean and house keeping did an excellent job.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

It was a

Pillows, no hot tub

The location was great. Needs a hot tub. We found a pot leaf in the waiting area by the elevators and it stayed there 3 nights, no one cleaned the table. The beds were good pillows to hard

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

It is okay place for a night or two.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I liked location. First could of days there was a game going. It was like a zoo. Crowded and very noisy . Most of Staff were very nice. Some not. The Bar and Coffee was disgrace for Holiday Inn,

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Noisy room
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room was situated close to the elevators and noise from other guests passing our room woke us up every time throughout the night.

The location of the hotel

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Great Staff but I Can't Say I'll Stay There Again
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I was placed in a room immediately above a disco or function room that blared loud music (loud enough that I couldn't hear the tv without having it obscenely loud) until past 1 am on a Tuesday night. I had indicated when I booked and when I checked in that I was there to run a hearing the next morning and yet they still stuck me in a space where my sleep was severely compromised. An offer of ear plugs rather than an offer to move my room to anther part of the hotel where noise would not have been an issue (or as much of one) was not even close to a sufficient response or resolution, particularly because I couldn't afford the risk of missing my alarm in the morning.

The restaurant and front desk staff were very helpful except on the noise issue.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Not the best deals with Booking.com!
    • Standard Room

Very small room (309) with tiny bathroom at very high price (350$). Booking.com rate is higher than hotel rate. I will not use again booking.com and will contact directly the hotel staff to enquire about their best rate. Booking.com does NOT offer Medical rates. Hotel staff at the lobby could be more customer oriented...

I initially chose this hotel because it was close to St Paul Hospital. Moved out to another hotel clos by after 3 nights at this Holliday Inn.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Good location, clean and comfortable, but expensive.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No free breakfast, and when I enquired was told it was not allowed because of the rate I had paid. At $535 Canadian for two nights- I was not amused. Will be checking more carefully in future.

Good location.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Great choice!
    • Standard Room

The room was set up a little strange. There was a full length mirror in a corner with not light near it. There was a painting over the desk, were the is normally a mirror. As it was two ladies sharing a room with a small bathroom counter, the extra light near a mirror would have made life a little easier. Otherwise a very well done room.

The restaurant staff were so great- they were having fun and so were we. They were definitely the best thing at the location. The food was very good- especially the omelets! The rooms were clean and comfortable. And they were nice enough to provide us with an umbrella in our room- which sure came in handy!

Another great stay at the Holiday Inn on Howe Street Vancouver BC
    • Deluxe Queen Room

We've stayed at the Howe Street Holiday Inn before and like the location, the staff, and the rooms. We will book the Holiday Inn the next time we go to Vancouver.

Exactly what I expected from a Holiday Inn - middle budget, clean, good size rooms and central
    • Business Double Room

The staff were good at reception but in the bar and restaurant not at all willing to think outside the box, and I didn't rate the service at breakfast at all. Coffee was cold, and I didn't drink it. I changed it for tea and no comment was made as to why I might be doing that?! In the evening in the bar/restaurant the pizza was truly awful. When I asked could I have a some chilli on the pizza you'd think I'd asked for the crown jewels to be included!! It was still awful even with some dried chillies stuck on it! Other menu choices looked a better bet, so go to an Italian for pizza!

Bed was good size with comfy pillows, and the room plenty big enough. Good central location, met the standard I'd expect from a Holiday Inn

- helpful and cheerful staffs!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

- toothbrush and toothpaste only available when asks - slipper is not available - the air-con is nit noisy - i was stayed on second floor, the pub downstaris opens till 2am on Sat night which play he music loud

- helpful and cheerful staffs!

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

Enjoyed Stay at Holiday Inn Vancouver
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was very comfortable, room nicely appointed. Very nice fitness room. Great central location, easy to walk around city. Liked access to metro to get to airport. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

Convenient location, clean rooms, extremely accommodating staff.
    • Standard Room

The facility needs another elevator and easier stair access.The elevators were continuously crowded and people often had to wait for another one that was less crowded. My husband and three others finally went in search of stairs on one occasion and ended up setting off an alarm when they exited. I do not normally use elevators and I figured how to access my third floor by the stairs but it was complicated because the stairs nearest my room did not open to the lobby floor so I had to use stairs very far from my room. I'm sure that there are others with claustrophobia who would like to have easy access to the stairs.

The staff was outstanding. They were extremely helpful and accommodating. We were going on a prearranged tour and the company gave us a wrong time for pick up; they arrived very early and I was eating. The other members were still in their rooms. The waitress quickly wrapped my food as I was trying to reach the other members of my party. She did so without my asking and I didn't expect it.The desk staff called one room as I was trying the other and it all came together nicely thanks to the outstanding staff. From the moment we entered the hotel we felt welcomed and valued. The location was convenient for the tours that we had planned and the neighborhood was not to busy.

It was ok
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the fact that my reservation was cancelled without my notice and was told that the fault was mine. I was told that when it was cancelled I would have gotten an email (which I did not) I got a Confirmation email with my booking at the Holiday Inn. So I wasn't very pleased with this. I was also downgraded and paid more for it too...

I liked the security of room key usage. Front and main doors must be opened with room key is a great idea.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

If I had a better sleep, you would get a better rating...but never slept a wink because of the nois
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The noise factor was huge....didn't sleep all night, was partly facing Granville street and heard sirens, and whistles (like a train) all night. Was exhausted the next day.

beds were great...never had breakfast..

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Reasonably good location, walking distance to downtown...
    • Standard Room

We didn't appreciate the stairs from the lift to our room, coming with the luggage on wheels created unnecessary hassle. Noisy neighborhood in morning hours.

Reasonably good location, walking distance to downtown attractions.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Great location but not cheap
    • Business Double Room

Pretty pricey for the standard of accommodation, but our visit was peak season. The only real issue was the room temperature controls were pretty ineffective, leaving our room hot throughout the night.

Location was excellent for us.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

In general was good
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The Balcony of the Room was facing up bad view, building in front they were sleeping homeless on the roof, it wasn't nice for my little kids to see it, and not microwave in the room

Location, very friendly staff, clean and quite

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

unknown charge added to my credit card -- had to ask for a receipt and this charge was not on it
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was charged USD $39.16 for what; I did not use any extra services or use anything from the room refrigerator. This was billed to my credit card 8/22/16. I prepaid months ago.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

I can't recommend this hotel enough - it gets 5 stars from me
    • Standard Room

At a push the good but I really had bo complaints.

The whole experience I found to be exceptional. Every single person from housekeeping to the check in desks were friendly. On leaving I asked if taxis would automatically stop by and the staff member just called a taxi for me without being asked. The spa was also top notch with a very experienced healer and massage therapist.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Stay in a closet!

We booked two rooms. This hotel has a wing or smal adjacent building which is difficult to get to and has much smaller rooms. We were placed in these rooms. Out cruise ship cabins were much more spacious.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

All was quite good.
    • Standard Room

Sometimes the elevators were slow. Having the business center open to the public was not a comfortable thing. Anyone waiting or passing by could see the screen. Maybe you could have screen blockers attached to it.

All was quite good.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Friendly staff. Close to downtown shopping.
    • Business Double Room

There was an unused boarded up dirty building where several homeless people camped out at night. This was our view from the room.

Having a fridge in the room was definitely beneficial and a happy surprise. The staff was extremely helpful and upgraded my friend and I from a single double bed to two double beds.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Good option
    • Business Double Room

All was good apart from the price, a bit expensive for holiday inn .

The ladies in the front disk were very helpful. Great location and comfy staying. Everything you need is there.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Waste of money. Not recommended
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

There was always a loud noise of a motor. The walls between rooms are very thin. The wifi was a joke. Disconnecting every 5 minutes. An absolute rip-off. Very disapointed. Never again.

The hotel staff were very helpful and kind

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Had a great stay
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The lifts are cramped and you have to wait ages for one to arrive. Not obvious where the stairs are as an alternative.

Location was great, staff were friendly, good facilities.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

The Suite didn't have the bedroom separated from the kitchen and lounge area so it was very difficult to do anything once the baby had gone to sleep.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

Better in USA
    • Business Double Room

Not even a continental breakfast with a $300+CAD room unless you purchase a breakfast package. A normal breakfast would have been an additional $12-15. Thanks but we went to McDonald's a couple of blocks away.

Dinner and waiter were excellent in the evening of our arrival.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

Not bad - but also not that great either
    • Standard Room

The lifts were not working and very small for the facility. The breakfast area and seating is also way undersized for the hotel size. I feel the hotel is overpriced for what it gives. I am also unhappy that booking.com showed a room rate and total price that was the same and yet when paying the invoice a lot of taxes were added - over 10% added on top of what was presented to me during booking. The booking must make it very clear that additional taxes may be applied.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Value for money

Pleasant stay, could have been made better so easily.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Small size room and bathroom Poor vegetarian choice for breakfast

Central location Helpful staff- allowed early check in.