Reviews of Homewood Suites by Hilton Halifax - Downtown 4 stars

1960 Brunswick Street, Downtown Halifax, B3J 2G7 Halifax, Canada

#1 of 38 hotels in Halifax

nice place to stay close to downtown
    • King Studio Suite - Non Smoking

We couldn't really use the sofa, it made so much noise when you sat on it or even moved on it that we just preferred to sit in one of the other chairs. The bathroom door also made noise because it rubbed on the floor as it closed.

Loved the dinner buffet Monday to Thursday and the staff were excellent

You should stay here!!
    • One Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

Had a bachelorette party there, and I think the room they put us in, was the room they put all the parties in lol. the floors were a little stained, Which was fine, but there was still tape all over the walls. Which still isn't that big of a deal. Besides that I can't compain 😊

We (30+ people) partied until about 10:30 before heading downtown. Staff didn't complain once about noise (very quiet in the hall, couldn't even hear us unless you were right outside the door), or the fact there was herds of girls were constantly coming in and out for smokes. Staff were friendly, and the room and views we're beautiful! Everyone there loved it! Kitchen was a big plus!!!

it works
    • King Studio

This place didn't knock my socks off, but it worked. The bed wasn't the most comfortable, the suite was spacious, having a kitchen was a plus. It didn't always seem that clean, when we arrived there was some hair in the bathroom.

Very nice hotel with perfect location for visiting Halifax.
    • King Studio

Had to pay extra for parking, but it is a downtown location, so somewhat understandable. No wine offered at the dinner as they said they had no liquor license. We bought wine at the local store and took our own, but having it there would have been nice.

The staff was helpful and friendly. The location was very good for getting downtown. Nice to provide a small dinner on weeknights as well as breakfast. Would stay here again if we went to Halifax.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Won’t book it again. Never had an issue with parking like that at any hotel.
    • King Suite with Sea View

Parking was horrid. Paid but could not find a spot for 3 nights. Front desk told us to park truck in lot across street good thing I ridn’t as truck would not fit. Spent lots of time driving around to find parking. Found out on last night after finally finding a spot on a nearby street that. We could have gotten a pass to a Staples lot. They did give me my parking money back but we will never stay there again . Additionally they did not have enough bath towels so made up the room without towels. Maid made the bed with the comforter upside down.

Room was quiet and vlean

My stay was wonderful I enjoyed my time in the hotel.
    • King Suite

Parking lot is full at times and so you would have to go to another parking lot across the street to park.

Breakfast was great every day very comfy environment. Rooms were always clean I like the idea that you have to use your room key to get up to your room in the elevator so it makes you feel safe. Friendly staff always willing to help.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Very good even though an unpleasant surprise on parking fees, and a tiny shared pool in the basement
    • King Studio with Sea View

GUESTS BEWARE! An unpleasant surprise to find out it costs an extra $22 PER NIGHT to park your car on their property. An Extra $154 for the week on parking when I spent over $1200 to stay in a room. I would expect free parking while paying for a room that isn't cheap. I don't care if it's in a garage or not. Pretty lame penny pinching there when they're already making money hand over fist for the rooms!! Other than that annoyance it's a nice place to stay. The pool is very Very small though and it's in the basement?..LOL. Smallest hotel pool I've ever seen and it's shared with Hampton Inn. Kinda strange what they did there.

The hotel itself is very nice with included hot breakfast AND dinner during the week. What Homewood suites is known for is their good free meals, and even dinners.

I didn't like that Homewood suites by Hilton cancelled...
    • King Studio with Sea View

I didn't like that Homewood suites by Hilton cancelled my reservation. I called to arrange a late check in because it was my wedding night And I would be checking in late. I received an email at 2047. This was an unacceptable time to inform me that my room had been given away. This was very unpleasant to tell my wife. I do not recommend Homewood suites under any circumstance.

Clean room and comfortable bed with kitchen. Good for family traveller.
    • King Studio

There is room for improvement for the staffs at front desk in term of friendlyness. A little more smile will do.

Very clean room and well equipped mini kitchen, with electrical stove and dishwasher. Comfortable bed. Attentive housekeeper. Good and adequate car park facility. Less than a kilometer to Citaldel of Halifax.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Terrible
    • King Studio with Sea View

When we entered the suit, it was very dirty. The bed duvet has a yellow spot. The covers have hairs. I asked them to change them. While changing them we discovered that the mattress cover has yellowish spots everywhere. I asked them to change it as well. Then we opened the sofa bed to sleep. The cover is full of dirt. We asked them to change it. The dining chairs are full of dirt and hair. The sofa has many dirty spots. The coffee table has many coffee spots everywhere. The bathroom door is full of dirt. We did not enter the kitchen. We did not want to see more. I wonder if there is some kind of inspection at this hotel. We counted the hours to finish our night and left the hotel directly. The breakfast is very good. however, the tables and the chairs are not clean. You should clean before sitting. Unfortunately, I remembered to take photos at the end. I took one for the dining chair.

Great newer hotel , could use slight improvements
    • King Studio

Lack of full in house restaurant was a letdown would have made our stay with young children much easier. Fact of needing key card to get to your room via the elevator was a nuisance until the housekeeping staff showed us how it worked, toilet was loose of its mounting hardware, and overall the bathroom was very poorly designed ( toilet so close to door it jams your foot if not careful), staff wasn’t very helpful or knowledgeable of anywheres to eat local. Toiletries and in room coffee were very minimal, glasses in kitchenette weren’t the cleanest.

Room was huge, worked well for our family of six (2 adults, 4yr, 6yr and infant twins), fully stocked kitchen was a huge plus. indoor parking was great, good location for coming and going from the city yet close to all necessary areas. Breakfast was great, pool was adequate for children.

The suite we had was brilliant, had a kitchen and was well...
    • King Studio

Nothing hotel was brilliant. The breakfast rush was interesting.

The suite we had was brilliant, had a kitchen and was well stoked with equipment. Hotel was right in the centre of Halifax so close to the main attractions.

This is a great option for families because you have a whole...
    • King Studio

I'm not a fan of top sheets being tucked in so I like when hotels used fitted bottom sheets because even when I ask for the top sheet not to be tucked in, at hotels that used bottom flat sheets, they still tuck it in at the bottom which leads to me trying to tuck the bottom sheet back in when I pull out the top sheet. PS it doesn't end well

This is a great option for families because you have a whole kitchen right in your room. The breakfast has good options. The staff was extra friendly here!

The reception (lobby) staff were helpful and had a genuine...
    • King Studio - Disability Access

Shampoo, bath gel and conditioner were provided in small capsules and in insufficient amounts. We had to ration and on one occasion, went to the reception (lobby) staff to ask for more.

The reception (lobby) staff were helpful and had a genuine smile.

In general good. As expected.
    • King Studio

I do not understand- why boiled eggs are served for breakfast in Canada ice-cold? In Europe they are always warm. And it's much more delicious! And almost nowhere isnt there any cheese and butter? In this hotel too. It's too expensive? Canadian dairy producers do not agree with you.

The room was spacious and the bed was wonderful. And very clean everywhere

I wish every hotel would be like this
    • One Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

The canned fruits were just not matching the rest of the quality and variety of the food. Everything else was just great :)

It was a nice, comfortable, clean and quiet place. The staff was friendly, helpful, welcoming. The suit was spacious enough and even the toilet-paper was a good quality. We loved the decoration, the pictures were amazing on the walls. The breakfast buffet was great, everybody found great food in our team.

Everything was amazing in the hotel!
    • King Studio with Sea View

There is a $22 a night parking fee which is a bit much as parking lot was mostly empty and I really don’t believe it is necessary. The rooms are expensive enough. Should be part of pkg.

Everything was amazing in the hotel! Extremely clean and the staff was top notch! Highly recommend!! If u stay during the week dinner buffet is included which was great every night we were there.

Hopefully this won’t happen to next person
    • King Studio

We arrived at 315pm Check in is 3pm. We were not given a room till 4pm. We had just driven for 5hours and were made to sit for 45min. waiting. I let the desk clerk know that this was an inconvenience as I followed there check in policy. I than suggested that maybe we could be compensated by getting one free night of parking she said no, that if she could she’d clean room I’m not impressed with that answer ☹️ ☹️☹️☹️

Close to downtown

Good facilities in the room.
    • King Studio - Disability Access

The breakfast was a bit disappointing. No dairy alternatives for milks and not many healthy options. Single use plastics for people not even taking away their drinks was sad to see. They have a policy of not replacing towels after single use if you hang them up, but did anyway.

Good facilities in the room. Everything you could possibly need. Comfortable bed.

Loved our stay.. would recommend this chain and location

All good,,

Very clean.. friendly staff.. great breakfast and the location was very close to many pubs and restaurants.. would recommend this hotel 100%

Enjoyable
    • King Studio with Sea View

There are only 2 elevators and we had to wait few times because they were full. I would normally use the stairs but I recently had surgery. It was a little frustrating.

Everything was wonderful including the staff. Great place to stay!

Excellent hotel!
    • King Studio - Disability Access

Top of the hill... long walk up!! Great going down though!

Excellent hotel! The suite concept gives you more room. Excellent value for the price. Will definitely book Homewood Suites again.

A Great Bet
    • King Studio

The breakfast exceeded our expectations. There were ample varieties of hot and cold options. The breakfast area was very inviting with sufficient capacity to seat all guest. The entire service was provided with china and stainless cutlery.

The room was great, the breakfast fantastic
    • King Studio - Disability Access

The staff was under par, they spent all their time on the phone and did not have t6ime to answer questions. Did not seem to be well trained

The room was great, the breakfast fantastic

We stayed in the two bedroom suite and it was perfect for 4...
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The pool was freezing, and it has a bit of an "underground" feel. But it was good nonetheless.

We stayed in the two bedroom suite and it was perfect for 4 adults and two children. Lots of room, perfect for what we needed.

Super Quiet Hotel
    • King Suite

The king suite was a little smaller than I was expecting but it suited our needs fine. One poor customer service experience with one front desk person near the end of our stay. A few more gluten free options gorgeous breakfast would also b e c appreciated.

The hotel was clean and comfortable and very quiet. The staff were mainly helpful. Also an easy walk to convention centre. The coffee labeled strong is awesome.

Excellent location, comfortable suite, and some great extras...
    • King Studio

Walls were thin and didn't provide much sound proofing but I think that's pretty standard among hotels.

Excellent location, comfortable suite, and some great extras like a business centre, complimentary breakfast and evening social, and gym. Having a kitchenette was extremely convenient.

Perfect!
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The breakfast buffet was pretty standard....it could use more real eggs, more healthy and protein options. Also would love to see non artificial sweetener options for coffee.

The place was spotless, the size was perfect and the view from 1606 is amazing!!

No value in staying at Homewood
    • King Suite with Sea View

Broken dishwasher, no clean dishes....bed was made above wrinkled up sheet....had to ask for more soaps and nothing was ever put away.....a B&B would have been a better value....I won't be staying there again

Distance to downtown

Paradox,, breakfast a disappointment. Room was Great!!
    • King Suite

The breakfast itself was not up to the standard of the overall accommodations. Great clean and spacious room but breakfast is poor. Lots of variety but hot portion, eggs, potatoes, meat virtually inedible!

Accommodation sans breakfast is really really nice! Loved the room.

Bed comfy, spacious room, kitchen was nice.
    • King Suite

The pillows were uncomfortable, bed sheets were not changed despite long stay, small tub, garbage not changed daily, cable was not working properly.

Bed comfy, spacious room, kitchen was nice.

The pull out couches are not very comfortable but other then...
    • King Studio - Disability Access

The pull out couches are not very comfortable but other then that the hotel exceeds my expectstion. Starting stay at the Homewood 3 years ago and since the first time I've never stayed anywhere else.

Really comfortable hotel with lots of extras.
    • King Studio - Disability Access

routing on elevator was a bit off, seemed to go around a lot before getting to its destination. suite needed more hooks for towels. One on back of the door, one by the shower but three people. happy to reuse towels but need somewhere for them to dry.

Great 1 bedroom suite, nice views, nice breakfast, nice pool, nice gym, helpful staff, good parking options, the evening social was a nice extra touch, loved the little vanity area for getting ready in the morning

would stay again for sure
    • King Studio

elevators were not operating well. you have to use you room key to operate the elevator which was frustrating at times. there was no heads up with this.

the room was comfy and accommodating and quiet.

Excellent stay. Family friendly, excellent staff and amazing spacious room!
    • King Studio

The pool had a little too much chlorine in it but that was the only thing I could say that wasnt 100% about our stay!

Room was great! It housed us well. Great pricing too, which helps when travelling with children! We have another booked in a month and can't wait. Continental breakfast was an added bonus lots tovchoose from

Good, expensive parking, no valet service. Great location.
    • King Studio - Disability Access

The food quality was much worse than the last time we stayed. Options were limited. The eggs were absolutely awful as a broccoli quiche, the next time the scrambled eggs were cold and dry. The pool was frigid. For what one pays for the room the hotel could heat up the water! No hot tub either. Snack area was overloaded with sodas, no milk, or other healthy choices. Disliked the heavy use of artificial creams at the coffee station.

Bed was very comfortable, the space in the room was excellent. Very little noise filtered through. The staff was friendly and courteous. I was so glad there was an extra blanket.

Enjoyed the clean,quite,friendly and centrally located hotel. Look out for the parking cost$22 per n
    • King Studio - Disability Access

The surprise of a giant parking fee of $22.00 a night. This was only stated when arriving there after a long drive. Stayed for 2 days took money from entertainment and food to pay it. ( Unexceptable. )Should be stated there is NO FREE PARKING.

They were in a great walking location,was very clean and staff was friendly and helpful. for a small problem they sent someone in 5 mins very quick and resolved it immediately .Nice morning buffet breakfast hot and cold food.eco friendly as well.very clean and really quite hotel .Great coffee in the lounge at anytime 9/10.

I would come back!

Check in time was at 3:00 and we arrived at 4:00. Only 1 of our 3 rooms was available so we had to squeeze 12 people in 1 room. The other rooms did not become available until after 5:00

The rooms were great, very clean and well equipped. Breakfast was awesome! The best hotel breakfast I ever experienced and we travel a lot.

Most of, if not all of the experience was spot on
    • King Studio - Disability Access

In the morning at just before 8 when we were getting ready for breakfast we got a knock on the door. Before I have a chance to check who it is a maid comes flying in... good thing I wasn’t naked lol.

Most of, if not all of the experience was spot on

My boys enjoyed the room.
    • King Studio with Sea View

When we checked in to our room, we found leftover cheese and crackers from previous guests and stuff under the night tables. Little hairs in the bathroom and the cutlery was dirty. The bed was messy but comfortable. For the money we paid maybe a little but more clean would have been nice.

My boys really liked the pool.

Room was big and spacious.
    • One Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

WiFi wasn't great. It dropped a lot. You have to pay extra for parking.

Room was big and spacious. Having a small kitchette was Great, especially with having kids with us. The included breakfast was delicious and there was lots of food options. Beds were comfortable.

Awesome!
    • King Studio - Disability Access

No toiletries loke toothbrush and toothpaste. No water complimentary. No slippers.

I like the location, Price and the size the room is huga and I love it!

Rooms perfectly fine, service mediocre. Felt like a number, not a guest.
    • King Studio

For the price paid and the type of hotel I would have expected better service. All staff encountered did not go past the "I can press a button" level and standard non answers. The room was not quite clean (some hairs, an odd smell and a sticky stinky bag of something left in the cupboard... Ground up dates?). We brought it down to the front desk and the response was nothing more than a "oh gross! I will make a note of this for housekeeping". And that was it. The room smell was not addressed, and nothing else. The next morning at breakfast (ok, but nothing to write home about... Unidentifiable meat patties... At least I think it was meat, and soft lukewarm roasted potatoes) there was a sign saying to please not put any of the pastries in the toaster and to ask the breakfast attendant if you wanted it warm. There were little croissants, and since I like my croissants warm... I asked the breakfast attendant. The answer? "Oh, I can't do anything, we don't have a microwave here... But please don't put it in the toaster, it will burn". Right... So why put that sign there then? The one that really bothered me though was when at 8.30 in the morning what I presume must have been housekeeping (we were checking out that day, not staying over!) knocked on the door and without any wait or identifying themselves opened the door right away! Call me odd, but I am not comfortable when a perfect stranger tries to walk into my room without any notification. Checkout is not until noon, and I had certainly not checked out yet, so they had absolutely no business to come in yet! Thank god I had put the security lock on so they could not open the door fully.... Especially since I had just come out of the shower... When I mentioned this at checkout the response was "oh that's not supposed to happen, I will make a note of this for housekeeping"... Another non answer and not even an apology.

Good location, perfectly comfortable bed, perfectly decent size room, kitchenette was a nice bonus

Very comfortable stay and friendly and resourceful staff.
    • King Studio - Disability Access

The bathtub in our room is in need of an update(mold and mildew accumulated ) Water on floor from taking a shower. The tub is not senior or handicap friendly. Need to have the washer and dryer in the room and not in the basement( that was very inconvenient ).

The room was clean. The breakfast was awesome. The fitness room was clean and equipment working and a good variety of equipment . There was no hotel stale smells. The furniture was clean and comfortable.

Stay for the excellent amenities - not for the average breakfast and you'll be happy.
    • King Studio

Breakfast was average at best. Homefries were steamed and tasteless; A breakfast veg strata (?) was tough as leather because it had been sitting for so long. OJ is watery. Bucket fruit was old and stale. The mini Danish was good and the coffee was alright.

King Suite is large and comfy with everything you'll ever need.

Major disappointment if traveling with kids....

See Above

There was no hot tub as advertised and their pool can not actually be called a pool more of an oversized tub....had we known this we would NEVER have booked this hotel. The room was the only nice thing about the stay....breakfast a huge disappointment along with the facilities.

We have enjoyed our stay at the Homewood Suites and will definitely be using it in the future.
    • King Studio

No hot tub and the pool is too cold....

An excellent breakfast, and the night we arrived tired and having no energy, there was a complimentary light fare dinner which they have MON-THURS.....It really helped not having to go out with a 5 and 7 year old to find a place to eat after a long drive and all day hockey tournament. Also loved having our own suite and privacy from our adult daughter.....

Halifax downtown is quite welcoming with lots to offer but too expensive for parking. The hotel Home
    • King Studio

Front desk staffs need more customer service training . They seldom acknowledge guests when entering or leaving the building, even a friendly smile from time to time would be nice but they mostly kept their heads down and avoided eye contact.

Room was very well layed and quite comfortable surroundings.

Amazing rooms! Great location!
    • King Studio

We found the pool too cold to use.

The rooms were very spacious and clean. Loved having a full fridge and kitchen and living room area. Amazing value for the price. Great breakfast. Loved being downtown.

As a very frequent traveler to Hilton hotels,they did not...
    • King Studio - Disability Access

As a very frequent traveler to Hilton hotels,they did not offer water, refused go credit my Honors program and gave me a lousy room....handicapped rooms should be reserved for disabled people. The clerk, Andrew was indifferent and appeared to dislike his job

Worth the money, Honey!
    • King Suite with Sea View

Not that we did not like them but the beds were not as comfy as I would have liked.

Loved the new modern clean rooms. They were bright, spacious, and clean. Lots of natural lighting as well.

Lovely and very comfortable. We can't wait to come again.
    • King Studio - Disability Access

This was our first stay at this location and we loved it. Our room was amazing. We have never stayed in a room with a view like this. Amazing. Food was excellent. I have already recommended this place to my family.

The suite we stayed in was HUGE!
    • King Studio - Disability Access

The staff at check in. If you are paying cash, they make it quite challenging..... but other than that, it was not a big deal

The suite we stayed in was HUGE! Full kitchen, dishwasher, fridge, was all great. The room was beautiful; lots of space! The bathroom alone was enormous. The bed was comfy and we can't wait to get back again. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding, lots of variety and everything was delicious.

I will go back every time I am in Halifax, AND I will book elsewhere at the Homewood Suites.
    • King Studio with Sea View

The fire alarm - I was on the 11th floor. Certainly NOT the fault of the hotel!!!!

Bed like a cloud, easy parking, great value, awesome staff, center of many activities and attractions, easy to get on main traffic routes.

Adequate. Improvements required.
    • One Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

Very small pool. No jacuzzi. Just wanted to relax. At sign in told I would be charged $50 for incidentials plus parking plus $150 overnight for any damages despite already pre-paying for the room. Expressed displeasure. Made to feel I didn't do my homework. Told at check out information incorrect. Not pleased at all. ATM's didn't work. Check in delayed at 3 because room wasn't ready.

The room was spacious.

Overpriced, disappointing pool area and wifi speed.
    • King Studio with Sea View

No tub, sofa in front of awesome window view. Pull-out sofa mattress extremely uncomfortable and not made -up even though I booked and paid for four people. The pool was tiny, a gob of orange goo next to it, generally unclean pool area, no hot tub/sauna. Only two packets of sugar for four cups of coffee, wifi internet super SLOW.

Awesome view, large room.

We had an amazing stay would come back.
    • King Studio

Brake fast wasn’t the best... eggs weren’t very good along with the oatmeal. There’s was no parking available on site.

Loved the room, it was beautiful.

nice place
    • King Studio - Disability Access

The room keys kept failing and leaving me unable to access the building or use the elevator

The room was spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was great!

Right from check in we loved it.
    • King Studio

I disliked that the parking was detached from the hotel. Made it very cold when leaving the car.

Room was clean, spacious and had a great view. We were able to sleep in and came back after being out all day and the room was cleaned, restocked and bed made!

• King Studio with Sea View

Bathroom too small, door runs into toilet. Eggs were not good.

Great location. Large room. Nice amenities and wonderful hot breakfast buffet included in price.

Clean and comfortable, but skip breakfast.
    • King Studio - Disability Access

The breakfast was complete chaos. There was no flow to the area and people were colliding and generally confused about how to navigate their way through the breakfast line. Food items that should be warm were cool, rubbery baked eggs. I won't do the breakfast again, particularly when there is an excellent French bakery within a short walk.

Great tidy room. Very comfortable and quiet.

A great place to stay in downtown Halifax - walking distance to lots of places to eat or visit!
    • King Studio

There was only one robe in the room - two would have been nice!

We had a lovely room! The king suite had a kitchen with everything we needed! Room was very clean and always made up lovely when we returned after our day out! A lovely view of Citadel Hill! We will be back!

Great hotel in a nice city, I'll come again if I can.
    • King Studio Suite - Non Smoking

Very nice Studio room in the heart of the city. Small kitchen with grocery delivery Service and a very helpful staff. They even had washing machines and tumble dryers to do you own laundry for longer stays.

room was large and new and clean.
    • King Studio

parking was full the one night, but they accomodated just fine.

room was large and new and clean. bed excellent. location walkable to downtown. gym and pool were awesome.

In the booking.
    • King Suite

In the booking.com it was written that this room is okay for four persons and you can have an extra bed.But at the property, they said we cannot bring extra bed in the room because of fire warnings!!! So that two of us had to sleep on a coach

Room cleanliness and comfort was great!
    • King Studio - Disability Access

Some staff were rude and difficult to deal with. Others were very helpful. Breakfast was not the best ever for sure.

Room cleanliness and comfort was great! Location was great!

Great stay, one staff not so great
    • King Studio

The gentleman(Michael) that checked me in Was not the friendliest, it almost like he had a little attitude with me, I did not like that!!!!

This was a great room and great hotel, location is fantastic

Breakfast was okay
    • King Studio

My flight arrived in Halifax at 12:33am on the morning of the 30th. I checked on 3 different occasion to see if i will be able to check in early they assured me that i would be able to. I had to find accommodation elsewhere for one night.

Breakfast was okay

Every thing in one place
    • King Studio

Halifax NS what is there not to like. I ran out of time so will be returning.

Ease of access, location to downtown, access to tourist spots, other people (taxi, family etc) found it easy to locate and good drop off facilities. Obviously we would all like a cheap rate but value for money it is good, Halifax is missing a trick - cruise ships need to start and finish in Halifax add this to a two or three night stop over in the Hilton complex it would be a winning combo.

One of the best Hilton properties we have ever stayed.
    • King Suite with Sea View

Extremely clean and comfortable room. Great snacking hour which could easily sub for a dinner. Many choices at complementary breakfast Staff courteous and friendly. One of the best Hilton properties we have ever stayed

Absolutely awful!!!!!!!
    • One Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

The front desk staff was very rude. Housekeeping did not replenish bar soap, dish liquid, tissues, etc. daily. Parking was not included and was absolutely horrible. I had to driving around endlessly looking for a spot. Spots in parking garage were few and far between. Parking avail only on 1st 3 floors of the parking garage otherwise you needed to find a spot on the street. When there were no spots I had to back down the entire 3 levels as there was not enough room to turn the car around. Breakfast was very disappointing, I would never stay at this hotel again. Also, rate when booked was $975 USD including tax for 3 nights but was billed at $1267.63

I'm starting to like the Hiltons the best.
    • King Studio with Sea View

I was disappointed in the Halifax harbour. I was expecting more boats and space, I'm looking for photographs.

It was a very spacious room with a view, free Breakfast and light dinner. There was lots of room on the first level. They are having a little problem with the new card system placed in the elevator. They will get that worked out, it's great for security.

See you next year or perhaps sooner!

The croisssants!

The croissants were not flaky and crisp but still tasty. Our suite was so spacious, clean and comfortable, we appreciated the fact that after our breakfast downstairs we returned to our room to find it all made up. We loved the shower, large TV screen, good and comfortable chairs to sit in. Loved the freshness of all white bedding and ample bath towels, We really appreciated the limo that you provided for us as we had to change hotels to attend a wedding. Breakfasts were good and the evening meal was a welcomed surprise. We will be back and stay at the Homewood Suites next year for at least ten days.

Good experience, good location as well.
    • King Studio

Don't appreciate having to pay to park. Also don't appreciate having to pay for the room at time of booking- I was shocked!

Bkfst was very delicious, bed was super comfy.

Hotel good - Booking bad!
    • King Studio

Nothing wrong with the hotel. My biggest complaint was Booking sending us lower prices after we had booked. This is quite a misrepresentation and irritating to say the least. It make me concerned about using "Booking" in the future.

Everything was very good ... but the price was high. You kept sending me offers of lower prices but they were not lower when we got there. Breakfast and evening meals were very good. The evening food was unexpected.