Reviews of Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario 3 stars

45 Bessemer Road, N6E 0A2 London, Canada

#4 of 40 hotels in London

• King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

We had the King suite with jaguzzie. A few hat/coat hooks would be nice beside the entrance door.

The eztra welcome fellowship lunch at supper time.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

breakfast should have been done properly with 3 staff working in the kitchen.

bed was extra comfortable. breakfast was marginal. sausages/ham and house potato fries were cooked on microwave and not the conventional way.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Smoking

Minor, but we requested a first floor for my wife's mobility needs, and we couldn't have been further from the elevator.

Our fireplace suite was outstanding. It was one of the nicest rooms we've had in years. And the breakfast was exceptional.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Can't think of anything to say that I didn't like.

Excellent breakfast -- a lot of choices. It was close to the highway. We were there for a basketball tournament in Strathroy.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

no becon for brecfest potatoes cold

staff helpful larg room air con/heat off on controled on wall loud my falt thaw it wascontrolded at main desk my falt bess one i stayed in

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

I slept on sofa bed which was not that comfortable. Room should have a second sink when more than 2 persons plus bathroom enclosed shower/toilet did not a good ventilation fan.

Kitchen in suite was most adequate. Place basically clean and comfortable. Staff helpful and courteous. Parking good. Breakfast was average.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

The only thing we did not enjoy were the eggs, seemed a bit "off"

Hotel was busy yet still very clean and quiet. Staff were very friendly, always smiling and actually took the time to speak to our children. Great stay overall 🙂

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

The hair dryer in the room starting crackling and smelled like burning when I was using it. My daughters and I ended up with a rash from the HIGHLY chlorinated pool - even after showering directly after swimming.

The bed was comfortable and there was a good selection for breakfast.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

power went out resulting in spa and pool being shut down. Ants were found on floor by bathroom. Eggs and sausage not so great. We filled up the spa in the king suite and it took a long time. We kept running out of hot water.

Loved the fruit and yogurt so fresh!! Beds super comfy. Liked being upgraded, Easy check in and out. Service at front desk was amazing! I realize the issues we had were out of the hotels control but it was dissapointing. however Chris at the front desk was nothing short of amazing!! He is a major asset to the hotel. Dealt with issues efficiently and problem solved well.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Pool was closed, which disappointed the kids, breakfast was good, but they ran out of food items by 8:30 am.

Room was clean, bed was comfy, front desk staff were friendly.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

This is definitely a hockey hotel so if you dont want to be surrounded with tons of kids, dont come til like saturday or avoid weekends entirely

Convenient to hwy and close to restaurants and shopping

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I could not get the rooms warm until I cranked the heat to 80 and closed all the drapes. The shower ran out of hot water each time before I was done rinsing shampoo. Real cream would be nice . The view was awful .

The cups, glasses and plates were nice

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Our bathroom smelt of old smoke and there appeared to be some mystery marks on the walls by the window by the bed as if someone wiped their hands off. Also white stains on the blue couch. Not sure what it is don't care just know it's off putting

The staff was friendly and very nice

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

The cleanliness of the room was disappointing.

The room had a kitchen. The hotel was near the highway. The entrance and dining hall had nice architecture.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

I booked three rooms and they were all on different floors. We were told we had to request them together but I feel that should be a given and that is a lame excuse.

The lobby is nice and comfortable. Complimentary breakfast is appreciated and had good selection of breakfast items.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Stayed 4 nights and bathroom was never cleaned. Towels left in shower to be replaced were not. In fact one day my towel was picked up and thrown over shower rod. By end of stay I had no clean bath towels. garbage not emptied for 4 days.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Staff are not trained properpy, wifi didnt work, they came knocking at my door at 8am about a billing issue, though we were paying at check out and the staff said that was fine. They continued to call our room and harass us 3x. And even showed up a second time..so much for sleeping in!!! Pool and hot tub closed way too early so I didn't get to use it, and the hotel was full of obnoxious teens! Teens running up and down hallways all night above my room. Overall a poorly managed location!

It looked nice

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Our overall stay was very enjoyable. Our room however had an extremely noisy heater. I had a broken sleep due to the rattle in the heater every time it clicked on. I turned down the temp to avoid as much noise as possible throughout the night. The kids however slept through it all

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Breakfast on New Years morning was extremely busy and I felt bad for the staff member trying to keep up with the demand. Perhaps you could consider extending the breakfast hours to 10 am ... a few guests showed up late and were visibly disappointed.

Roomy accommodations ....great kitchenette and seating area.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Well we stayed over the New Years weekend. New Years Day happened to fall on a Monday and the "hot" complimentary breakfast is only until 9AM on Mondays. Well it's a holiday so many guest came at 8:45AM and the staff were not happy. To solve this problem, maybe the management should revisit their policy and have breakfast hours on holidays, the same as weekends, until 10AM-the staff are there anyways, and what is another hour? OR better yet, why not extend the breakfast until 10AM, everyday? The hotel also should consider how many guest are there because if its 80% booked, the waffle station takes 2min for one waffle, it will obviously take more time to get your breakfast because the guest are waiting their turn. One employee did attempt to shut down the waffle station while guest where still in line. That employee did rethink that, because a lady spoke up.

When we first checked into our first room it was still dirty. The pull out bed was dirty with the old sheets inside, and frig had food still inside. I called the front desk, they moved us down the hall, to simplify things. No problems. The best part was, the next day after we returned, there was a little note on the counter wishing us to enjoy our stay and hoped we liked the way they tidied our room for that day, for us. It was "Ashley" the same lady whom handled our situation last night. So obviously she cared because she remembered the next day and let us know, that she was still thinking about us. She made sure the room was tided perfect. I hope the hotel manager realizes that some staff do care. It is the little things, that matter. Thank you Ashley!!!

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Toilet paper (as stated above)

Staff at desk and breakfast bar were extremely helpful and friendly. It was very busy but they kept everything running very well. Room had everything supplied for cooking if you chose to do so. The only thing I could ask for was a better quality toilet paper---it felt like one ply. We will definitely be back. Great mini vacation

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

We were put in room where one wall was shared with the bank of elevators. Very noisy. The room heater was very loud. Our room was not cleaned by staff during the three days we were there so no towels or toilet paper were dropped off unless we requested it.

Facilities are family friendly. Quick on and off 401 while close to restaurants and shopping. We needed to be close to St. Thomas & St. Marys for visiting over Christmas. This was perfect.

• King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Room 418 handle on shower was loose and couldn't adjust water temp very easy or at all.. wifi was pretty pathetic

Bed was really comfortable and the light dinner was good.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

If there were a hand to park the car in a winter day , and I wish the breakfast lasts to 10:00 am

cleanliness is the thing I care about , comfort bed , and the staff , which I really liked

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

The bed was not comfortable. It was too hard.

The staff were all very friendly & helpful. The room was spacious & clean. The breakfast selection was good.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Could have described what breakfast was like, but it was a great breakfast

Staff were very helpful and friendly. Good pool area. Surprised to see a putting & basketball area too.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

The breakfast lacked assistance with clearing off tables. Check in normally when I use a Hilton or Hampton I am asked or told that the stay would be put on my Hilton Card for points. My bill was not put under my door and when I checked by visa; it showed I was charged another amount then credited back; it appears I will not get credit for a few days Was not told this when I checked in

I like the fact that it was suite

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Would have liked tub. Bed too hard, pillows too soft. Would have liked room service and breakfast even though included, not great.

Lovely big room and kitchen

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Our Truck-Tahoe was Stole the first night stayed. It was Parked in the guest parking up next to the hotel. No Security Camera's nor Security of lot at all! The front desk was not helpful other than telling us that this happens quite a bit at this Hotel! This trip cost us Thousands!

The bed was soft and nice.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Travelling with daughter and husband and assumed that as booked a suite for 3 people there would have been more privacy for sofa bed. It was just at other end of king bed. The carpet was damp and stained and the coffee table and garbage bin had to be lifted down from desk. Desk chair was in bathroom. Had obviously been some cleaning of carpet. had to ask for towels for 3rd person. Staff were pleasant and understanding but unable to move us to another room as were all booked. The suite does not appear to be as described in their website.

Never found a fault.

The customer service was excellent at the hotel I believe the young girl was called Amy. Rooms where fantastic and so was the breakfast.

No complaints.

Friendly, helpful staff, comfortable bed, great shower, easy parking. Excellent value for the money. Didn't have time to use the pool or gym but everything was clean and in good repair. Would definately stay here again. Overall excellent accommodation.

• King Studio Suite - Non Smoking

amazing breakfast; free dinners were a nice surprise; a lot of facilities in the room -- a full kitchen with all the necessary stuff (dishes, pots, a dishwasher, a stove, a big fridge); very clean

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

I can't think of anything I didn't like. I guess the prices could always be cheaper.

Very friendly staff. Nice, clean room. Free breakfast is nice.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

We booked this property largely because it offered an onsite pool and hot tub, but the water in both was murky and nasty-looking so we ended up afraid to use either. There were a lot of children and a few sports teams staying the weekend, which may have been a factor. That part was a disappointment.

The staff were very helpful and provided extra chairs for our suite when we were having guests join us for dinner. Parking was included and onsite, which made life easier. There are 2 BBQs onsite which meant we were able to make dinner for ourselves and friends, which was lovely and much nicer than eating out. The bed was very comfortable and our room was quite quiet.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Can't say anything I didn't like, it was all great.

Excellent breakfast! Hot and cold buffet. The room was exceptional, clean and the bed very comfortable. The staff is awesome!

• King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was disorganised ..no selection for vegeterians...perhaps should have pancakes ...most of it was dry ....the potatoe patties...eggs aweful

The amenities and room.was good

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

I was told my price included parking, which I never confirmed if that was extra or not. If it was, thats absolutely ridiculous. There was no shampoo in the room upon our arrival. The price was a little much for a supposed "budget" hotel.

It was one of 4 hotels in the area that had a whirlpool.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

There was a 250 deposit and they never came to give us clean towels and never came to clean the room i the morning really not to happy about those two things

They never came to clean the room in the mornings. I didnt know there was a 250 deposit

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Fabulously friendly and helpful staff! They gave me breakfast to go at 4.30am!! Casual restaurant options and shopping within walking distance. Super quick cab ride to airport. I'll definitely be back.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

The location is far from all downtown services which I needed to access. but I knew that having stayed here before.

I like the suite accomodation and a full kitchen , the bed is very comfortable and the breakfast better than 2 years ago. the staff is very good and helpful.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

the basic room was not what i ordered but is what i got......

The breakfast was good busy in there and very small but good ,i was expecting a room with everything that i was told but ended up being a basic room so i was not real happy with what they gave me plus the price was twice the amount that i was told...........

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Carpets in room were tired looking and needed cleaning. Toilet tank leaked.

Helpfulness of breakfast staff. We had a person with allergies and she was so accommodating in identifying suitable foods.

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I was disappointed since we traveled with a group and they got way cheaper rate than me through booking They got $80 cheaper a night Please advise if you can refund me the difference Thank you

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Our room reeked of cigaret smoke really bad. The fan in the bathroom didn't work and the tv picture would go off for five minutes and then come back on over and over again.

Breakfast was great!

• King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The king room was facing a basketball court; kids were playing until almost 9 and began again before 9 a.m. I didn't love the noise from that. The couch in the living area was not very comfortable.

The jacuzzi tub was wonderful! The bed was very comfortable/cozy.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Basketball court right outside room. People playing until late at night and again early in the morning.

Room was clean. Bed was comfortable. Good location.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

We'd got the jacuzzi suite for a special occasion. The jacuzzi didn't work. So we booked a special romantic night, and got an expensive ordinary room. Very disappointing.

• King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

We were impressed with the staff and how helpful, attentiveness to our needs and their kindness. The buffet breakfast was more than adequate, and we enjoyed all the facilities of our suite room and the pool, hot tub . Thank You for making my partners birthday very special since he is unable to travel being seriously ill

• King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Breakfast options could have been better but a decent contintenal anyway, bed was average

Nice room, spa tub was lovely, came with a tiny but very functional kitchen, lots of space otherwise and room overall was clean

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

This hotel is likely frequented by sports teams on weekends that may have early starts to tournaments. It would be helpful to have breakfast start at 6:00am rather than 6:30.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The king jacuzzi suite room was big, and the jacuzzi was enormous with plenty of hot water to fill it! There was a hockey camp in the area and lots of children around but we couldn't hear them once we were in the room. Lovely, clean, quiet, private.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Not having someone's hair in the shower when after driving 250km and just wanting a hot shower.

The room was fantastic. Bed was soooooo comfortable that I wish I could take it home. The staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

• King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The only negative about our stay was the snowy weather but that was Mother Nature's fault.

The suite was such a pleasant surprise. It was large, very well kept and everything worked perfectly. A real bargain for the price that we paid. Shopping and restaurants in the area were great. We'll definitely be back for another stay.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The pool is on the main floor and segregated from the suites yet they close down the pool at 10pm they don't provide a life guard so I don't see why the pool isn't usable 24hrs a day? Wifi was a bit on the slow side.. good enough for general Web browsing and checking email however streaming via YouTube or Netflix was laggy. No on-site restaurant or room service!!! However they did offer some over priced and likely borderline expired TV dinners (hot pockets, lean cuisine, hungry man...etc) No games room or any form of entertainment at least during the cold seasons as there looked to be a small mini putt out front. No ice machines?? I guess their logic is that you have a kitchenette in your suite which has a freezer with an ice maker built in as well as your good old ice cube trays... problem with that is it takes an hour at best usually a few hours to make any ice guess you'll just have to wait for a cold beverage heck the time it will take to MAKE ice I could have just placed my beverage in the fridge and it would be cold. This is the perfect kind of hotel for a week long family vacation plenty of amenities nearby large spacious suite with 2 separate sleeping areas giving mom and dad some privacy and with the practically full kitchen including stove, oven, dishwasher... and pots, pans, cutlery, glassware, plates.. etc you have the option of picking up some groceries and dining in to save some money. If this hotel was in Florida It would be 100 out of 10 stars but here in London I think it's a bit pricey.

Friendly staff, comfortable and spacious rooms, pool temperature was spot on

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

that the pool hours were only till 10pm...

we got a king suit and the bed was nice!!! i slept all night!!! and the belgian waffles, yum!!! and the breakfast in general was enjoyed...

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The room was different from the pictures and the wifi did not work very well. I ended up using my data when I needed to search for something. It was over all clean but more dusting is needed, especially the bed frame it self. The breakfast was cold and could use a little more flavour.

I liked the fact that it was peaceful and that over all it was pretty clean. All though I did not use the pool or work out room it is a nice feature in a hotel. Also the full breakfast is a nice feature

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Maybe they can try to arrange two sets of bath robe for guests if it is possible because they have swimming pool and hot tub . just a suggestion.

The location is really good , near to high way and plaza , oak mall , easy to buy grocery and order take-out. Their service is impressive and all stuff there are very nice and help . We booked a king suits in this hotel and it is amazing ,very spacious and well arranged , like a fully furnitured apartment , really gives us a home to home feelings. Swimming pool and hot tub are great for relaxing . Breakfast is good with lots of options and there also supper available from Monday to Thursday , the whole vibe is very comfortable . we do have a good time here.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Very nice spacious and clean room with excellent kitchen facilities. Super comfy bed. There was also a complimentary evening light meal being served in the dining area which was very unexpected and welcome.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

The only thing that could have been changed was that the sliders on the shower doors were worn out so the doors didn't move very nicely, but that's a very minor detail. :)

Very friendly and personal service. Very clean, up to date room. Loved the pool and especially the hot tub. Everything we needed for a very enjoyable and relaxing weekend stay.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Beds are not comfortable. Housekeeping- you can tell not very attentive. We stayed two nights- we came home after our first night and our dirty washrags were left in the shower- bunched up and the dirty handtowel, with make up on it was still hanging on the rack. Garbage not emptied.

The hotel is clean, staff are friendly, great location and nice eating area. Quiet even with a team staying there.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Quiet, very clean and spacious accommodations plus the in-house breakfast and dinner offerings were excellent in quality and variety and most appreciated.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Nothing- everything was great! Can't wait till the next time!!

Beds were great- staff brought up firmer pillows, loved the large suites, breakfast was awesome! Work out room was good too!

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

When u have more then 1 person per room it would be nice to have in the room shampoo and conditioner for all.thank you but we did manage. The salt in the pool was over powering and we could taste it .

I likely the friendly staff they treated us like we were right at home. The pool my two children and I enjoyed .. I always come to stay at the hotel I love the cleanness and extra blankets bonus ..the breakfast was great to start off the day to explore london.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The price was ok but could have been a better family value considering we stayed two nights.

It was great for my family ,the suite was aperfect size, the breakfast was great, and the temperature in the indoor pool was perfect.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I'm an extremely clean person and with my little one's running around I discovered the eating area wasn't getting 'thoroughly' vacummed after each meal. It wasn't a huge problem, but not as clean as it could be.

The friendliness of the staff was wonderful. We traveled with rambunctious one year old twins and everyone was so kind to our loud group. It was SO NICE to have complimentary breakfast AND dinner when traveling with little ones. It was also so helpful to have space outside to have them play in, like the putting area for golf and the basketball court. We were so happy with the choice to stay with this hotel chain and I would highly recommend it to other families looking for an accommodating hotel.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

It would be nice to extend the breakfast hours to ten o'clock on weekdays.

Can't comment on breakfast as we didn't get up in time. But the dinner in the evening was such a lovely surprise and very tasty.The room was much more ample than I expected and having the refrig and all the utensils was very convenient. Would definitely stay here again Very helpful at the front desk in providing mapquest directions for us..

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was an existing stain on the bedding that we did not see until morning.

Comfortable bed and room. All staff were very friendly. We stayed in the King suite and it was great. Love the outdoor area for the kids, it was a great addition.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

The breakfast could have more choices. In room complimentary breakfast could have been a choice if you didn't want to sit in the dining room.

Room was spacious great customer service. Would stay again. Was everything we wanted in a suite.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

The suite was clean and modern. The breakfast was good. The scrambled eggs could be fluffier and an extra waffle maker would be nice. Overall, a great but short stay.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

Pillows were very uncomfortable

Wonderful front desk staff who went beyond their duties to make our stay as easy and comfortable as possible. All the staff were friendly when seen and the note is maintained nicely at all times of the day.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

They were having a little trouble getting the chemicals in the pool right. Other than that the stay was great

The buffet was wonderful. Although we only had time to eat fast and leave. We had to be somewhere early.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

The breakfast look good the selection was very good but the coffee was the only thing hot . potatoes were cold and eggs were warm all in all this place was very good for the price.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Corridor floor leading to elevator was wet and slippery from people leaving the pool area.Dangerous for guests.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was large ,comfortable and well appointed.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Very uncomfortable bed, rundown shower