Reviews of Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto-Markham 3 stars

50 Bodrington Court, L6G 0A9 Markham, Canada

#4 of 14 hotels in Markham

Great! Would definitely recommend staying here!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Loved this property. It didn't even feel like we were at a hotel, since the apartment style rooms were extremely comfortable! My family and I had a great stay. Extremely clean. Swimming pool and breakfast were great. I would definitely recommend staying here if you are visiting Markham.

Very happy overall!!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Bathroom sink was outside the bathroom.

Good breakfast and extremely helpful/nice staff! Room was clean and quiet as requested and parking was provided at no extra charge! Living room and kitchen are separated from the bedroom which provides extra comfort!

Clean room.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Room furniture (chair, couch) no support, uncomfortable, kind of collapsed. Mattress quite hard. The Heat/cooling was out of calibration. Had to turn up to 85 to get comfortable room temperature.

Clean room. Nicely set up. Excellent breakfast area, well staffed, efficient. All front desk staff exceptional. Excellent housekeeping.

We expected the best and Hilton didn't disappoint once again.
    • Non-Smoking Studio King Suite

Check in was a little slow because there was a small line up of people waiting to check in. There was only one person behind the counter having to answer the phone while attending to check in customers at the same time.

The king room was very clean, spacious and inviting. The kitchenette with tableware, cutlery and full size fridge came in very handy for our oysters in the half shell, take out dinner and drinks. The king bed and pillows were very comfortable and we found the bathroom fresh, clean and spotless. The hot breakfast buffet was a perfect finish to a great stay.

Overall, it was good, the kitchenette was a great bonus. I would stay there again.
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The heat did not work, was blowing cold air, we got portable heaters but it was annoying having to call maintenance. Also the pric e of the room came up to be more than what I booked it for even though I was told we received a discount since the heat did not work. It took a while to get the correct bill settled. They did adjust it but it took a while.

Breakfast was good, kids enjoyed the pool and the rooms were good.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay with the 1 bedroom and...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Pool was a bit too hot; we were charged for cot for two nights, although, this wasn't mentioned to us at the front desk when we requested it; garbage truck awoke us on Monday morning a little too bright and early.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay with the 1 bedroom and separate living quarters. They provided a cot for our wee one and set it up for us. Lovely and quiet overall. Excellent breakfast.

Comfortable
    • Non-Smoking Studio King Suite

I booked Studio King Suite for 4 people with a cot . Extra blankets and sheets were not ready. There was no kitchen detergent so we had to leave used plates and glasses unwashed.

Place was quiet. Breakfast was nice. Eating place was very clean.

This is one of my two favorite hotels and I will never be returning again
    • Non-Smoking Studio King Suite

I first was told that they could not find my Hilton HHonors account which I provided my account number and my first and last name they said I'm not in the system so I did not get my points for the room or the previous time that I stayed with you guys at the Ajax location in October and for this stay in November. The price point was high for the location of the hotel it wasn't the most convenient to access and parking was a bit difficult to park just because it shares a parking lot with the hotel right beside them which there seem to have been a lot of people that night. We also had come off a plane and weren't local and we called ahead of time to tell them that we would not be at the hotel not in the daytime because of a flight delay and didn't reach the hotel until sometime after midnight. I was told that we would still be charged for the two nights which check in was for 3pm. I was told that because of policy that even though after 12 is the next day the system doesn't generate it that way so I was still be billed for that day even though we weren't there. So technically I was only there for one night I was and still very upset because as a customer who really likes this hotel I WILL NOT be returning in the future I think that that is a stupid policy in that it needs to change. I know everything is a money grab however that can't be justified. I'm very upset on this topic and this incident showed how they were not accommodating by all means, and because we were stuck and it was late and cold outside we stayed at the hotel. This is something that definitely needs to be fixed. We also didn't like the hours of breakfast not everybody is up at 6 or 7 in the morning especially if you have a late arrival to the hotel. Not everybody is able to check in at 3 p.m. the end time of breakfast should definitely be longer than what it is. Breakfast is easy to make and I don't understand how you could mess it up.

We really like the layout of the bedroom and how a full kitchenette comes with each room the hotel is one of my favorites and I've introduced my partner to it we like how clean it always seems to be.

In the central of Markham to ear out and shop as well as catch a movie if you wanted to. A
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The bed was extremely comfy and the room was very spacious and clean. The kitchenette had everything that you needed to cook a meal. And table to eat at. The Staff was very friendly and the hot breakfast included was delicious. Would stay here again for sure.

Overall very nice place to stay with good rates for the area & fantastic staff
    • Non-Smoking Studio King Suite

We booked one of our rooms as a room for 3 and were given a sofa bed. The sofa bed however was old and the mattress was horrible (room 305). It had broken springs & a huge dip in the middle. Not a comfortable night for the 3rd person in our room.

Very friendly staff. Great rate compared to the area & we were even given 2 room upgrades on top of the good deal we found. Suite was fantastic & breakfast buffet was beyond expectations. Loved the make your own waffle station!

I booked your hotel for my family.
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

I booked your hotel for my family. My husband and my 2 children (1 year and 3 years). on the invoice the amount was $ 360 including taxes and you billed me $ 414. I will never book again with booking.com and I would like to have my refund for the amount I do not have to pay. I am really angry and will never recommend either your hotel or your hotel chain.

Good choice for family
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

It is not too bad thing but there is 30 mins drive (with little traffic) to Toronto downtown.

Fair breakfast choices at least better than some inns. I booked 2-bed room King suites originally but they provided me two 1-bedroom suites with connected doors. It wasn't too bad as we had bigger space to use. They also provided pots, supplies in kitchen so literally you can cook in suites. But the hotel is closed by pacific mall and couples Chinese mall which have some good Chinese restaurants. The hotel is really good for family.

Comfortable Hotel but terrible front desk staff.
    • Non-Smoking Studio King Suite

Front desk staff were rude and unprofessional. I had a booking confirmed with Booking.com which the front desk staff were nor going to honour! Told me if I had arrived 10 minutes later they would have given the room away to someone else and the I was "lucky" that did not happen!

Beds were very comfortable.

nice time at the homewood suites
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

for some reason bill was more than price quoted online but staff did straighten it out-why do we always have to check things so carefully so as not to get ripped off?

bed was comfy-nice and spacious-good breakfast-social on Thursday night was a nice surprise-very helpful staff-nice experience

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

none
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

I found the front desk not very helpful or cheerful on check-in (perhaps because we arrived late). Much friendlier staff at check-out.

We were looking forward to trying the breakfast, but because we started late we missed it each morning. Hours should be extended to 10:00 am on weekdays as well as weekends.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Minimal breakfast, nice accommodation, just Std quality and nothing more
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The toilet wouldn't flush though they fixed it, still it didn't work, on the last 2 days of my stay

All was just as Std' expectations nothing above it

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

very clean, staff very curtious
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

most stuff had been taken away and it was before 10:00. What was there was not very good for the hot items

did not have any good comments about the breakfast

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Happy with price and breakfast ; room was not what we thought we had booked (see above).
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was not as pictured online (we booked online). The room we booked was pictured as a room with a bed in one room and a pull out in another room, with a door between. What we see online should be what we get !

Was not expecting a full kitchen - will book here for sure when booking multiple days. Asked for quiet room and got one - thank you so much ! Impressed with the breakfast. Will book here again for sure :)

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Travelled with 5 children.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Travelled with 5 children. Breakfast was excellent with plenty of options and the adjoining suites were perfect. Staff was very friendly and very helpful.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

Great hotel in a good location.
    • Non-Smoking Studio King Suite

We got down for breakfast a couple of mornings with about 30 minutes left in the breakfast time. Most of the food was gone and we had to wait for replacements. The women were working hard to keep up and very polite. Perhaps more staff are needed.

I liked the variety of breakfasts. Different items were presented each day and we appreciated that.

Overall good
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Location is not the best - if you want to visit the city for sightseeing

Nice room, indoor pool, front desk staff were friendly, good breakfast

Good enough for short rest only
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Lighting was spolit in master bedroom Location is not good as not many restaurants nearby Breakfast is disappointing

It's excellent. It's beyond our expectations.
    • Non-Smoking Studio King Suite

I like everything -- the nice building and location.

Everything else was great
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Had booked for 2 adults and 2 children. Convertible bed not made up and had to phone for sheets

Everything else was great

Room was not clean found beer cap and dirty ear plugs when...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Room was not clean found beer cap and dirty ear plugs when we pulled out the couch for the kids

Fair
    • Non-Smoking Studio King Suite

Waiting in line for the breakfast which in itself was only very basic, but the breakfast is way too small for the number of guests.

Fair price

Perfect place for business trip

too much perfect

clean and quiet place. Kitchen was good

Only had king beds

Only had king beds

Amazing rooms amazing staff
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Smoking

Amazing rooms amazing staff

Accomodating our early check in request
    • Non-Smoking Studio King Suite

The pull out sofa bed is cery uncomfortable

Accomodating our early check in request

Breakfast could be better
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Smoking

Breakfast could be better

Great hotel and we stayed due to the availability of a suite with 1 bedroom.

Very comfortable bed.

Excellent stay
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Fast check in, great toiletries and products, kitchen was clean with sufficient cookware, very clean and spacious for the suite

It was just what I was looking for for a little getaway.
    • Non-Smoking Studio King Suite

The room was very comfortable, I felt at home.

Bed was nice and clean
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Lighting isn't great. There's something dreary about the atmosphere

Bed was nice and clean

My boys love the hotel. Even our guests that visit like it.

NA

all the suff.

Staff were very friendly.
    • Non-Smoking Studio King Suite

Staff were very friendly.

Breakfast Menu

Breakfast Menu

Very good experience and at ease.
    • Non-Smoking Studio King Suite

Sausage patties were too salty on Sunday morning.

Room was comfortable. Bed was firm and comfy. Food was tasty. Staffs are very friendly and helpful.

Parfait

The "suite" is fully equiped

Great hotel, Friendly Staff, Big Rooms,

Great hotel, Friendly Staff, Big Rooms,

The pool and breakfast

The pool and breakfast

good stuff!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

bedding isn't up to date. A/C is too oldschool!

good breakfast and afternoon reception

Weekend in Markham
    • Non-Smoking Studio King Suite

It's located partially in an industrial park so sidewalk are not as common

Numerous authentic mainland Chinese restaurants, all very good

Great stay

Bed is too soft

I like that it has a kitchen

Good For the price

Wifi was Slow Pillows were bad

The Room was clean

Awesome space we stayed with two kids and two babies in cribs and had no issues fitting.

Nothing negative at all

Free parking

Another nice visit at homewood
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

We just love the size of the two bedroom suites. Beds are comfy and our room was clean.

Good Experience for the Price
    • Non-Smoking Studio King Suite

The sofa beds were not very comfortable and were quite old.

Overall, the service was great. The staff were very friendly. Breakfast was great as well.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Very modern and fully equipped hotel.

No vegetables

The croissants were excellent

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

A night away.
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Definitely exceeded my expectations. We will be staying here again.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

I would suggest this location to anyone.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Above all, the cleanliness of the room was extraordinary. Great visit, location from start to finish

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Love that place

Comfort and breakfast

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Clean, comfortable and a Great value!
    • Non-Smoking Studio King Suite

Good sized room with full kitchen! Very comfortable and quiet.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

Would recommend to anyone
    • Non-Smoking Studio King Suite

Great value. Close to subway. Clean and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2016

overall location and facilities are very good, fitness room,...

cleaners of our first floor room were not very detailed, although we did not ask for sheet changes during our stay, the bed was thrown together, no in room coffee replaced, cleaning was poor,

overall location and facilities are very good, fitness room, in house self laundry avl, the rooms are spacious and quiet. staff was always pleasant and accomodating. front desk staff are keen to accomodate guest requests

• Reviewed: 25 May 2016

Kitchenette was handy - breakfast was very good, fresh and...

Washroom off of the one bedroom - although 2 other adults can sleep on the sofa bed in the living room. Makes bathroom arrangements awkward. False Fire alarm went of twice the first evening, once at 10:30 pm - involving elevator shut down and evacuation from 5th floor with an elderly travel companion. Took 1 hr to return to the room as for my companion elevator was the only option. Second fire alarm at 1 am in the morning was reset after 5 min of blaring sound. We didn't evacuate the second time knowing there was something wrong with their system.

Kitchenette was handy - breakfast was very good, fresh and abundant

• Reviewed: 21 November 2015

Tranquil environment, Friendly & Helpful staff, Clean...

Wish there is shuttle service from & to airport

Tranquil environment, Friendly & Helpful staff, Clean room, High Speed wifi, Free yet Nice Daily breakfast & Reasonable price

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

Everything was great except the included breakfast.

Everything was great except the included breakfast. Turkey sausage? I want real sausage? One type of muffin was available and it was carrot. Eggs taste like the eggs that come in a milk carton. Don't bother to wake up for the breakfast just go to Cora's down the road from the hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

The room was a good size for a family of five.

There was a discrepancy between the amount agreed to online and what the hotel charged, which was corrected immediately and without any problem. So just check your bill at the end to make sure there are no mistakes.

The room was a good size for a family of five. Kids loved the heated pool. We loves the ability to make lunch and soup in the evening to save on eating out.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2015

the breakfast, cleanliness

driving to the hotel is weird, round the block type. The cust serv rep was overly eager - not a bad thing , but a bit annoying. We got booked into the accessibility suite - which was a bit awkward.

the breakfast, cleanliness

• Reviewed: 23 January 2015

It was a pleasant stay

I asked for a bathtub room But it was shower booth

It was a pleasant stay Unlike other hotels they offer not only decent breakfast but dinner reception too The bed was so comfy and very clean I liked the quality interior and kitchenware stuff too

• Reviewed: 28 May 2016

Comfort

There is no promotion to a regular customer.

Comfort

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

Location close to pan am pool

Location close to pan am pool

• Reviewed: 29 December 2015

Great, courteous staff.

Great, courteous staff. Had a fantastic time. Great location as well!

• Reviewed: 21 November 2015

Very kind staff and very impressive room/facilities

Very kind staff and very impressive room/facilities

• Reviewed: 1 August 2015

Everything was good

Nothing bad about the place

Everything was good

• Reviewed: 2 July 2015

Roomy

none

Roomy

• Reviewed: 13 March 2015

They did lots of renovation

They did lots of renovation

There are also 64 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.