Reviews of Hotel Chrome Montreal Centre-Ville 3 stars

215, Blvd Rene Levesque, H2X 1N7 Montréal, Canada

#96 of 134 hotels in Montréal

Great location to see the sights, nice size room
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The WiFi was awful!! Not very good when you rely on it for work & contacting family. Would have liked more tv channels also

Hotel was in a good location to get to everything

Clean and well located place to travel for work or leisure.
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I had a business suite and strangely there were no visible/available outlets in the actual bedroom area, so I had to leave my phone in the outer office/meeting area to charge. Maybe an extension cord/phone charge dock could be run from the outlet that the TV/radio are plugged into for guests to charge their phones bedside.

The staff were kind, accommodating and responsive. Everyone offered friendly greetings including the cleaning and security staff. The location was perfect for getting around the city. The room was comfortable and clean. The bathroom was spacious and well kept.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Nil
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was very disappointed I had a family emergency my dad was rushed to the hospital and he was in critical and they would not refund my money I tried canceling the night before this is very disappointing it looks so bad for your sight I will never use your site again if it's not resolved I use your site quite often

Nil

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

4.0
    Bad experience
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We could not sleep all night, the room it was like an engine Room too much noise all the hotel air conditions were beside the room window and there was no view just the back of the building and the other building with all the air conditions we never had this kind of bad experience in our life

Great location and the staff was accommodating when we had concerns.
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The original room we booked, located on the 8th floor, looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. The furniture was dusty, room was dark, and we spotted cobwebs in almost every corner. When the maintenance man came to inspect our original room about the spider, he insisted it was never there (we had already killed and flushed it down the toilet). He also argued that the bugs we were complaining about were actually outside the window and not his problem. At that point we had already been given a new room, so we decided to just leave the topic alone and assured him we were fine and moving our things to the other room.

So we were skeptical about this place as soon as we got to our room. Literally, as soon as we walked in the entryway I walked into a HUGE SPIDER WEB. The spider was hanging inches from my shoulder when I screamed and my husband came to my rescue (he understands my phobia). On top of that the room looked like it hadn't been cleaned in awhile and the thought of more critters freaked me out, so my husband went to complain at the front desk. Thankfully, the staff upgraded our room without the extra charge, and the rest of our stay went great. I know it seemed like we were being petty over a little bug, but we were so grateful for the room change! The new room was renovated, clean, and spider-free. Not to mention, the location was amazing- so the thought of switching hotels was never an option. Everything we wanted to see/do was within walking distance.

Good location poor hotel

Dated and old - needs refurbishment. I paid about 3% more than quoted on booking.com. Staff told this was due to the US/Canadian dollar exchange rate, eventhough I was quoted on booking.com in Canadian dollars. Evening meal - we sat down to evening meal at 8.30 and heard WTF from the kitchen staff and were told by the waitress they were out of most things and to go somewhere else, which we did. Breakfast - I was told I had to pay extra for breakfast until I showed the staff that breakfast was included on my booking.com booking and after some deliberation they issued breakfast tickets. Breakfast was ok but juice was extra to water, tea or coffee on one day and included on the next day. The wifi is unusable and only works in the lobby. Parking was not next to the hotel as advertised but some blocks away and an addition cost. The place needs a manager as staff just do what they want (very little) and make the rules up to suit themselves.

Location close to the centre

Had a package delivered to the hotel for me.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Had a package delivered to the hotel for me. When I arrived to pick it up I found that they had taken the packing slip off of the package opened it up and looked at it. It took them 20 minutes to find it to give back to me. We walked into the room to the smell of smoke and a machine inside that I can only guess was used to disperse the smell. The lock to the door for the adjoining room was broken, so we had to put the safety lock on to prevent strangers from entering out room. Apparently the person staying in the room before we were there was wanted by the police, so after we had gone to sleep the staff told three police officers that they could come to our room and ask questions. ( as if we had anything to do with the people staying before us). They came into our room with flashlights and searched everywhere then asked why the adjoining room door was unlocked. We were very angry that they were allowed to come up in the first place. I can understand wanting to search the room for things she may have left behind, but the hotel should have given us a heads up so we could leave the room so they could conduct a search......not question us as if we were accomplices.

The staff was friendly and iron in the room is a bonus.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was impossible to open window. The only air in the room from conditioner that possibly is not very clean as dust smell is in the air. It is dark in the room because window is very small and other light sources are insufficient to see the room. You are in the semi-darkness all the time

The staff was friendly and iron in the room is a bonus.

Great location. Good value.
    • Deluxe King Suite

the carpet in the room needed to be changed, really tired and not clean. bathroom sink too small

the room was spacious - large bed. Easy check in/check out. Friendly staff

The staff is very nice and the restaurant staff are awesome!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The "free wifi" is terrible in the rooms. It is only good and useful in the lobby.

The staff is very nice and the restaurant staff are awesome!

I won't be staying there next year.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No Internet on this property although I was led to believe Internet was available. I only stayed 4 nights but additional hundreds of dollars were charged to my credit card by this establishment. My bank is currently looking into the situation. I won't be staying there next year.

The restaurant/bar were ok.

Really nice place to stay
    • Deluxe King Suite

Maybe the price a liitle bit high but worth is you can afford it.

Located close to main city places to visit by walking distance. Hotels is really nice in general and room was really big compared with other similar hotels.

Absolutely Do Not go here for any reason so many better accommodations around the corner.
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Dirty wash room walls had to ask staff to clean them Very unreliable housekeeping. Dirty hair in my bed that was on my he floor A lot , worst breakfast / coffee in MontrealNot one person in the pinto eat due to horrible cooking. I ect. I am to embarrassed to put my name in here,just awful.

Leaving was the BEST part. The front office was helpful when asking general information, in respect to travel on the Metro and around town.

Fantastic people, welcoming and we were able to see so much within walking distance
    • Deluxe King Suite

Excellent location, gay village, old montreal, notre dame , china town, les jardin mall and a supermarket not far so you can stock up on basics etc - it is so close to everything. Be sure to ask the staff to mark on the map where the hotel is so you can work it out - I was sceptical about staying here as some of the reviews were unfavourable - but we were super impressed and at such a great price! Clean, comfortable and so close. Tuna sandwhich for lunch in downstairs cafe a must! Definately recommend!

To be honest i was expecting something better, the room were...

See above

To be honest i was expecting something better, the room were small and the bath towels they provided were has some stains and has holes. The wifi was really bad. So for the price we payed we could get better hotel.

Very friendly and helpful staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

WiFi didn’t reach our room, A/C did not work (it was 95 degrees during our stay), we did not get new washcloths when they cleaned our room, the fridge froze all our food and there was no way to change the settings, the disgusting duvet had no cover—it was sandwiched between two flat sheets. Overall not a place I would recommend.

Very friendly and helpful staff

Very disappointing and boring within the hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

WIFI service was terrible and worst than third world standard. Wifi was completely unavailable on the upper floors. And as on the ground floor and lobby areas, wifi was usually available but very slow.

The location and the friendly staff who always go out of their way to assist guest especially Stephens did well in giving guest proper guide to locate places of interest around the hotel and in the down town area

Location and convenience
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Dated and towels were coarse and had rips. Room 318 - The closet doors were off the tracks and I reported the first night but nothing was done. The shower rod was loose and curtain could not close fully.

Location and convenience

Very reasonable rates. Excellent location and amazing staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was very comfortable. The staff created a welcoming atmosphere and went above and beyond to ensure we were comfortable. We would stay at Hotel Chrome again and highly recommend it to our family and friends.

The hotel is at a great location.
    • Deluxe King Suite

It is slightly outdated but nothing terrible. It’s still a good hotel and in good condition.

The hotel is at a great location. It’s very close the metro and a lot of restaurants. The room was spacious and clean and the staff was very friendly.

Not recommended if you have a car
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Expensive offsite parking on own Staff should be trained more approachable and responsible, I witnessed one front desk agent was making her personal phone call while I wait for check in, that's extremely rude.

good location, comfortable beds

Fantastic hotel. I will stay here again.
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It would have been nice to have windows that opened to bring in some fresh air.

I was glad to see a 15 minute parking strip alongside the hotel. It made check in easy. The in and out car privileges were fantastic. The location was so convenient, the staff friendly and knowledgeable. The rooms were spacious and clean. Great bang for your buck

I didn't get any problem during my stay.

TV and light.

I didn't get any problem during my stay. The rooms clean and no any bad smell. The services are well comparing the price. Also it is situated near the metro station champs de Mars. I recommend it.

Excellent customer service.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Slow wifi at times. Slow running water for taking a bath and not really hot.

Excellent customer service. Comfortable beds. Clean rooms. Clean hotel. Great location.

Great location but tired hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The decor is old and tired. The room we stayed in needs a revamp. The bath plug hole was full of rust and the shower control kept falling off the wall. Breakfast was adequate but we included breakfast with our room and had limited options off the menu. I would have liked more choice or, even better, a buffet breakfast.

The location is fantastic. Walking distance to Old Montreal and the Old Port and also close to Champ de Mars and Berri UQAM metro stations. The staff are all very friendly and helpful.

Great location, but place needs a major upgrade
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room is old. Carpet has many stains. Light fixture is missing light bulb. Water doesn't evacuate from bath tub and stagnates while you shower. Room is not sound proof. Sounds and noises from next door room and corridor are very loud. When booked the room on Booking.com it was mentioned that hotel has parking, but for the two nights that we spent there, we were told that the lot is full.

Location is great as the hotel is walking distance from Place des Arts, the village and the Old Port. Room was clean.

The room was great, a very comfortable bed.
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The Internet connection and better breakfast variety.

The room was great, a very comfortable bed. Thought the phone won't working and they fixed it two days later and the Internet connection was horrible, I couldn't use it for the communication over the phone.

Overall our stay was great. It was close to everything we wanted to do in Montreal.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This hotel was great for a basic hotel. The restaurant was a little pricey for dinner, but breakfast was fine.

The hotel was very comfortable, the staff was helpful and friendly, and the location was great. It was also very reasonable.

Wouldnt ever go back to that hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

200$ deposit charged ontop of the room charge also almost double what the room was worth and was not told about it. Dirty room, bathroom toilet kept making noise, view of a brick wall beside us. Aweful

Locations was very convenient for nearby walking attractions

Recommended. It's affordable, comfortable, clean, and the rooms are a decent size.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Check-in was a bit of a mess. The hotel didn't have proper names of the guests staying in the rooms though they were listed on the reservation papers I had brought with me. It was a bit uncomfortable because of all the confusion. Also, there is only one ice machine in the building on the second floor. That said, reception was super nice and helped me a bunch throughout the trip.

Hotel chrome is affordable, and perfectly located for a trip with friends to Montreal. Our bachelor party stayed there. The place is clean, and inviting. It's not far from Old Port Montreal. It is within walking distance from the downtown core - 10-15 minute walk. If you need parking, there is some at the hotel, but it is usually filled. That said, there is a parking lot that is cheaper a two minute walk away. Reception has a map to help find it. Had a great stay there. All nine of us would recommend this hotel and stay there again.

It was not expensive.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathtub had rust spots. The bedding was not comfortable. Noisy at night.

It was not expensive. It was casual. The employees are nice. It's near every place we wanted to go, walking distance.

great stay
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

A/C in room was a bit noisy so we turned it off before we go to bed. could be an issue when it's super hot in the summer

After reading so many bad reviews, I almost cancelled my reservation. I'm glad that I didn't. The hotel is perfect for the price you pay. Smooth check-in, friendly staff, clean and comfy room, gorgeous city review and central location. The room could be a little bit outdated depending on your room type, but mine was obviously updated - new tiles in the bathroom etc, in contrary my parents room has less updates and no views. I booked the deluxe queen room and it came with a large living area with a couch and wardrobe. yes wifi could be slow - stronger signal in the living room and weaker signal in the bedroom - which is good for me to go to bed on time instead of scrolling on my phone. Normal texting, messaging, emails I had no problem - FaceTime, uploading photos or streaming videos can be very slow. parking: I was informed that their own parking lot was full so they gave me a parking map nearby. We managed to find one within 5 minutes walk and cheaper. Location: very close to Chinatown - lots of restaurants nearby. Walking distance to old port and other attractions.

Would not stay there again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room were dirty. Lots of dust on the ceiling and floor. Just pull the nightstand and you will see dust that hasn't been vaccummed for months. The furniture was old and need to be changed. Staff was complaining that booking.com didn't sent the reservation to their system in time. So he had to work and put in the information manually. Room smelled like very old dusty smoking hotel, even if it's a non-smoking hotel. Would definitely not stay there again. Feels like a cheep hooker hotel. The only thing that makes them a plus is that there is a restaurant.

The location was good. The hotel was safe, needed card to access guests floors and there is a 24h lobby.

Good value, and good location. Just make sure that you're expecting a 3 to 3.5 star hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I do not like that they charged $200 to the card on the morning of, as part of the booking fee. It made it seem like I was being charged 3 times the cost of my reservation. I had to research and read a lot of reviews to find out what this happened. I would prefer if they communicated this better, especially since this is out of the norm of what most hotels do.

The location is good, and for its price, its very hard to beat. However, the hallways and elevators have a very noticeable (moldy) smell to them. The rooms clearly are using a lot of air freshener, but at least the bathrooms seem to be somewhat recently renovated. I stayed here about 2 years ago, back when it was a Days Inn.

Great location, worst internet reception ever! Don't stay in this hotel if you need the internet.
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel internet is the worst I've ever seen! I'd taken a vacation for a short time, and was also hoping to check up on my work from time to time as well as plan my trip in the city for which I need the internet for something as basic as Google Maps. The internet service at the hotel room is horrible. First of, it was an open network and very very unreliable. I couldn't get any reception at my hotel room, and only sometimes in the washroom. Life without internet when travelling is unacceptable in this day. I wouldn't recommend living in this hotel, even though the location was perfect and so were the staff.

Comfortable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A bit run down and the bathtub was clogged up . The Wi-fi is terrible in the room.

Great location! You can walk to the main attractions. Clean and comfortable .

Location, good staff,clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very limited tv. Very stuffy room. Lack of utensils/ openers. Refrigeration unit was not working correctly. WiFi hard to pick up.

Location, good staff,clean.

When I booked hotel , I called them saying how about parking...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When I booked hotel , I called them saying how about parking, they said you have to pay $25 . When we reached there and asked about parking they said their parking is full and they gave us map for parking locations...BUT BE CAREFUL ABOUT THESE PARKING LOTS AS THEY DO NOT HAVE MULTIPLE IN AND OUT FACILITY.

It was fine to stay for this time, won't come again.
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was one bed room. I requested to change to a two beds rooms. The staff said okay in the beginning, when we took our luggage to the lobby and were told no room available for the day and would be available the next day. I called the front desk the next morning and was told no room again. I was not sure if it was true or not, however I felt we were tricked. Because I had to share a bed with my friend for 3 nights, neither of us rested well I dropped my watch on the floor and when I bent to pick it up, I found the floor under the bed was not cleaned (to be specific, I saw a condom bag on the floor).

Great if you DON'T BRING CAR
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

DO NOT stay here if you have a car. Although the facilities say parking with cost. The parking are not managed nor responsible of the hotel. They just send you to literally search at various public parking. The main parking (close to the hotel) was closed during my whole stay, so I had to walk 600m to the next parking. The staff was not helpful and even rude.

DO NOT stay here if you have a car. The room was clean, the bed and sheets were clean and comfortable. The location and price value were good. Will stay here again if travelling without a car.

Great Location near old Montreal!!!
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the restaurant for breakfast open at 7 am but the kitchen starts to get ready at 7 am, so if you need to leave early for any activities of to the airport you won't be able to take advantage of the breakfast. In my case I have a 9 am flight and couldn't wait for the restaurant to prepare, so I ended up giving a gift of $30 to the hotel for a breakfast I didn't eat .

Great Location!!!

It was upsetting that I wasn’t given the room that I actually reserved
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I reserved the Queen Deluxe room but when I checked-in, they said they didn’t have that kind of room available. Instead, they gave me a standard room and I was still charged the same price. The internet quality was poor; we could only access the internet if we were in the lobby. When I asked the front desk receptionist, she wasn’t helpful at all.

The hotel is located in a good area; many of the tourist attractions are within walking distance

Where I plan to stay whenever I'm in Montreal from now on. ^_^
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was a little rough around the edges in spots (grime in the corners, etc), but it looked like they were trying to renovate and improve. This is a minor gripe, everything that mattered was very clean.

The location is unbelievable, 5 minute walks to everything. Service was super friendly too.

This was my second stay. The price was good but I am not sure I will come back
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The property extracts a security deposit of 200$ for a 52$ stay. It freezes my available cash for nothing which I did not expect!. There is nothing around. You have to walk quite a ways to find a decent restaurant or to catch the metro. On the second day of our stay they forgot to provide cups, towels and similar amenities. I went to the front desk early in the morning. They told me someone would bring them up. In the end, nobody showed up!!! We had to wash and dry our face with the only available bath towel. There is no microwave The restaurant is outrageously expensive Room 501 - The Wifi signal level is too low. I had to go in the hallway to get a decent connection

Reasonably recent hotel Room size very good for the price

A pleasant stay at Chrome Hotel!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel management should be wary of guests who create so much noisy to the detriment of all other guests who love the quiteness and peaceful tranquil of the entire hotel.

Bed are comfortable. Toilets are clean. Rooms are made up everyday by corteous and helpful staff. Breakfast looked ok but did not avail due to diet restrictions. Location was really good as the hotel is strategically located near Montreal commercial centers.

Great centralized location!
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There were very few light fixtures in the hotel room itself and limited natural lighting. Once the sun went down, the only place to do hair/makeup is in the washroom. This would typically be fine, except in our bathroom, the fan was automatic with the lighting, which meant it was hard to talk with my partner while getting ready for the day, getting ready for supper/shopping etc. Our wifi connection was extremely poor, so this may not be an ideal hotel for someone travelling for business and needs to complete work away from home. There is no pool/spa area.

Location was perfect, very easy to get to metro stations as well as Old Port & St Catherine’s. Approximately 5-10 minute walk to Old Port depending on which way you take & 30 seconds to St Catherine’s. Very centralized. Grocery stores, pharmacies, shopping, bus routes, metro terminal & delicious restaurants all within walking distance.The bus that takes you to the airport (route 747) is right outside this hotel and comes every 15 minutes. Super convenient and way cheaper than a cab. I liked the layout of the room, we had sliding doors that we could have closed if travelling with a child/extra person. Good if you’re looking for a reasonably priced hotel with the option of privacy. The hotel doors were all painted bright red on our floor, not sure about the others but it was definitely unique and mordern.

Was a very standard a bit bellow average even.
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Was a very standard a bit bellow average even. The WiFi is very slow. A working Ice machine was very hard to find. Bed was alright, not particularly comfy. But for the money you pay it's pretty good. The location is great and the service was good.

Never again!
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The internet wasn't working in my room nor at the business center. Breakfast was very bad, eggs and potatoes were not cooked. Staff at the restaurant were yelling at each other.

The location, nothing else!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room smells of cigarette smoke which was off putting. Room in general in need of TLC. Parking costs extremely expensive - better parking elsewhere.

Booked it for 2 nights...left it in a night ..couldn’t stay for long ...I regret booking it
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Most uncomfortable hotel I have ever visited. The air conditions have dust in it . Coffe machine put in looks as if it never got washed in ages. Beds were grosss. Even a underrated motel would be much better then this accommodation

The bed was comfortable.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pillows are too big, which made it hard to sleep. Also when we first walked into the room after checking in, there was a french fry on the floor... not sure how the cleaning staff forgot that - it was in plain view.

The bed was comfortable.

I slept well and the bed was comfortable.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No business center neither nor computer access facilities. They put a small desk with a non functional computer / no access to internet.

Hotel location is very close to the railways station (la gare de Bonaventure).

Close to lots of activities and restaurants.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The internet was not working properly and so, not good for work related stay. Other guests were very noisy and loud in the hallway at night and we were awaken a few times.

Close to lots of activities and restaurants.

I found their advertisement very misleading free breakfast...

See above

I found their advertisement very misleading free breakfast wasn't the case, they wanted to charge me $15.00 per person, Parking included is false also they wanted to charge me $25.00 per night... they told me that I couldnt cancel my reservation and that the booking.Com will charge on my credit cards three even if I refuse to stay in their hotel.... This is the last time I ever stay in this hotel and I also hope that booking. Com verifies what hotels advertises.

Great people great sleep
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was great but our washroom door didn’t close properly but everything else was great

The service was amazing and the location was too! The room was very clean.

Perfectly prepared eggs benedict.
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel parking was full, had to park a couple blocks away! Also, this was obviously a "smoking" room; I did not think of asking for non-smoking.

Perfectly prepared eggs benedict.

My stay was perfect because of Montreal.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

To pay attention for the cleanliness. To visit the room before the guest make check inn. To be aware they are 3 persons so they add shampoo, glass, tea, towel for the 3rd person etc.. to smile and welcome the guest on his arrival.

I liked Montreal touristic places, the french restaurants. What I liked in this hotel was the location 10/10. The best thing in the room was the sheet and blanket, very soft material.

Best bang for your buck in Montreal
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They were extremely understaffed in the evening. Which is not a big deal really if you are already checked in. The bar was not open on Sunday and it did not open Monday while I was there I would’ve like to have a few drinks without having to go out

The hotel lobby and facilities are nothing to brag about. Always other parts of the hotel not the cleanest however beds were comfortable and very clean and the bathrooms were redone and clean as well. One of the best places I’ve stayed for the price which is going to cost you $80 a n One of the best places I stayed for the project which is going to cost you around 80 bucks a night compared to the ridiculous prices of nicer places down the road. You’re looking for a place to stay At a good price I suggested this place.

The service was great
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The restaurant served me bread that was hard as stone. The manager changed it and offered me a discount,which was very nice of him, but the fact that the chef did not know what he was doing with toasted bread kind of had me worried.

The service was great

fine for a short stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Elevator rug needs cleaning.

Bringing up a tray with unofficial room service was a kind gesture. I wish someone from housekeeping would have taken the empty tray that I left in the hall.

Good basic room for 2.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Noise from other guests. No ice machine in our floor.

Location was good, Parking was limited. Reserved parking but was not provided parking on site. Minor issue.

all good

Get price and availability. It was a last minute booking because my flight was cancelled and price was right. Great jem to find, will book again. Simple to get to from Airport on the 747 express bus and close to places to see by foot.

Chome sucks
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

So many administrative issues. Furthermore, they ask for a $200 safety deposite in addition when you get to the hotel which is not mentioned on the website. My closet door was broken, and my bedside lamp didn't work and this was the case for many of the members in our delegation. Also no breakfast unless you're willing to pay $15 and ANY kind of alcohol you want to order will cost you $150 which is not standard and is insane!

There was nothing in particular that I liked frankly. Well below my expectations.

A night or two MAX! Centrally located - cheaper option to most hotels in downtown.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They charged us twice for parking - still in dispute and currently under investigation.

The location of the hotel is decent - quite accessible to get around the city. It is significantly cheaper than most hotels in the downtown area.

Too small for 4 persons.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We booked a double room with 2 double beds for 4 persons and received a tiny room,you couldnt move and heating was prehistoric,noisy and slow to warm.Complained and changed 2 days later,to a normal room which we had booked with perfect heating!!!

Everything was ok.

What was suppose to be a weekend getaway turned into a nightmare.
    • Deluxe King Suite

Once situated in our hotel suite the television was not working and we were told that we would have to move to an adjacent room. After maybe 30 minutes, the serviceman was able to turn the television on. During our stay we understood that this was a holiday weekend and there would be festive activities and a more than usual occupancy in the hotel. What we found each night, were noisy college kids that a bus picked up and dropped off. They camped out in the lobby and by camped out I mean, sat in the lobby and near the elevators ON THE FLOOR, and some even sat on their bags. I couldn't believe the staff allowed this. For 2 days straight. Getting on and off the elevator was a task as there empty beer cans left behind from the night before. One of the elevators reeked of human throw-up. It was absolutely deplorable in every sense of the word. Only to get down to the lobby and find noisy, loud guests in the middle of the day, camped out, sitting on the floor. On our floor, they loudly danced outside and snapped photos for over an hour. Back and forth to each other's room, in and out of doors slamming and yelling. We wanted to be respectful of the holiday without complaint but we knew something was bound to happen. On our last night's stay, 1/1/2017 late in the evening we were awakened by loud police sirens and rushed to our window to see firetrucks outside. The emergency bell had been released on our floor but we were afraid to step out of our hotel room door. We rang the front desk for over 30 minutes with no answer. There was banging and loud voices and a weird smell on the floor as we peered the door open. Finally we hear banging and loud noises. Down the hall directly in front of us we see (4) firemen attempting to kick in one of the door's of the aforementioned guests who allegedly was the cause of our very unpleasant stay. The fireman ignored our questions and we still had no idea what was happening.

We had a nice view from our room.

Good valule for the money in the heart of downtown!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Furniture a bit outdated or broken. Bathroom could use an update too. Heating system too noisy so if turned off overnight it gets very cold. Lack of curtains doesn't help either.

Comfortable beds, good size for the room.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Has to put little more smell when mapping the floor.

Excellent like a 5 star Awesome service for everyone, I had an amazing time in the hotel and in Montreal I enjoyed all fine services. Everybody was so kind and friendly. Thank you all for the welcoming moments and the bonjour time. 😃😇❤

I do definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again in the future.
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We personally did not have any issues, however we did not enjoy reading reviews regarding bed bugs at the hotel. I'm aware most hotels place a hold on your card, but would be nice if property/properties had it in writing to know about it beforehand. Parking garage is very small but still managed to find packed and still great for the hotel to even provide a garage.

Staff was friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the spacious room and views. The location is AMAZING! many shops, great restaurants nearby, and plenty of attractions all close by.

I will be putting this on google as well
    • Deluxe King Suite

Extremely Poor service, couldn't give me parking and I had to walk a few blocks in the cold. property is right beside the police station and the property manager lost 1 access key they had and now all the residence in the hotel are having trouble to come back in. I would not recommend anyone special people traveling from far. I cam from Toronto and left that hotel as quickly as I can to get a stay In another hotel

Would recommend Hotel Chrome to others.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Poor lighting. I would prefer overhead lighting not just lamps.

Convenient location. Friendly front office staff. We stayed here on 2 occassions and both rooms were comfortable.

Excellent!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room and bathroom were fine.Good value for your money.The location is very good and is near downtown,near the shops on St. Catherine's Street,places like The Bay,Eaton's Shopping Centre and Simons and many other fine boutiques, and only 8 min walk from Place Des Arts. The chef at the hotel's restaurant(Lester's Deli) is amazing.Very tasty meals,generous servings and very reasonable prices.This is my third visit to that hotel and I will go back again.

An excellent hotel position, right in front of airport shuttle.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The last day of our staying, we have had an early flight and would have not be able to have a breakfast. I went to reception desk and accidentally bumped into hotel chef who was extremely nice and fixed us an evening before, nice lunch packages to take with. Thanks again for it.

A great place to anchor your trip to Montreal. Would gladly stay there again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom definitely needed more counter space, and could have had brighter lighting. Window curtain could not be moved to block all outside light.

Staff was knowledgeable, super friendly and accommodating; whatever I asked was done promptly. Location is three blocks from Chinatown and Complex Desjardins (shopping) and a little farther from the Berri-UQAM Metro station, the Village, and the Latin Quarter. Room was comfortable and soundproof. Flat-screen TV was via a cable or satellite box and worked very well; it probably had many features that I didn't even try, such as program restart. Shower looked ordinary but worked perfectly, and did NOT get the bathroom floor wet! Barely enough parking spaces, but lot was easy to navigate. WiFi was excellent, and I did not have to renew its lease for the whole week that I was there :)

There is an ant problem in this hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There is an ant problem in this hotel. Couldn’t leave snacks out or the ants would gather. Disgusting. They were all over the bedside table and we had to get maintenance to clean behind the beds.