Reviews of HOTEL10 4 stars

10 Sherbrooke Ouest, H2X 4C9 Montréal, Canada

#40 of 134 hotels in Montréal

Almost Perfect

The one thing I definitely could not recommend is the food .. just not up to par w hotel.. very limited menu and couldn’t taste the love..

I really liked my room, and the overall vibe of the hotel, very eclectic mix of peeps !

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Expensive for the service and quality you get.

The maintenance of the room is quite bad. I had issues with the shower drain and they were never addressed. Also the closet light was faulty , after a couple requests, they sent maintenance to fix it.. and the fix was OMG!!! cables and switch and a regular lamp... very dangerous! Some other lights were faulty and were replaced. The room cleaning service had defaulted to show up a couple times!!! and it was never consistent.. meaning, one day they would leave 3 towels, the other 2, one day they will forget to replace something etc . I asked the manager to come up and explain and he refused to show up pretending in both occasions he was in meetings. This is the second time I stay at this hotel. I am really disappointed... The price you pay is quite high for what you get as value.

The location is good, specially for my purposes. However, it makes the hotel prone to noises specially at night and weekends

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Everything was amazing;

Liked it all!

Everything was amazing; the location was great, the staff was great and so welcoming, Anita especially! The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable!

Comfortable, convenient, modern hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Needed more outlets in the room on both sides of the bed.

Location was great for our purposes, near McGill university. Lively neighborhood full of restaurants and cafés catering to the student crowd. The valet parking was convenient. Modern, chic vibe.

Clean and basic - not a bad hotel.

The hotel was overall quite basic and for the cost, seems a little over priced.

The hotel was in a good location and clean. The staff were pleasant, but not overly helpful.

Everything.

Breakfast could be better standard hotel buffet. Can get better value for money within a few minutes walk of hotel.

Everything. Courtesy car service. Staff especially bar staff. Lovely hotel, much better then I expected.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Good Choice

Mostly all good ... a couple burnt out lights bulbs, broken cup tray on coffee maker, and abused and tricky door handles.

Solid choice. Large clean and comfortable room. The lobby, staff, location and cafe were all very good. Check in, Check out, and billing were fast, smooth and accurate. Bixi bikes and convenience store located across the street. Nice umbrella available for use.

Cleanliness and staff were amazing.

Spin bike is dated and seats was broken, 1 treadmill didn’t work properly other than that it was nice little gym.

Cleanliness and staff were amazing.

Very large bed, very comfortable.

Needs fluffier towels! A little bit to far from the city but the hotel provided a free taxi service to local areas with a lovely driver (just remember to give him a nice tip!)

Very large bed, very comfortable. Bathroom spotless and nice toiletries provided. Lovely friendly staff and great cocktails!

I booked a junior suite and it was on the 1st floor at thew...

I booked a junior suite and it was on the 1st floor at thew corner on the hotel overlooking the main Avenue. The street was a war zone from 11pm onwards, people screening, fights...etc

The location is excellent to experience the downtown from a...

The billing system.

The location is excellent to experience the downtown from a hip area of the city. The staff was very very good and I appreciated the ease of valet.

The valet damaged my car when parking it.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The valet damaged my car when parking it. The manager of the hotel Patrick was very rude with me when i asked for the insurance information for the hotel in the event they didn't pay for my damage. He started yelling at me in the front lobby and told me to stop being difficult. I made a formal complaint to the corporation that hired him

Pillows are amazing for a hotel, bathroom/shower were...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pillows are amazing for a hotel, bathroom/shower were incredibly clean. Room was gorgeous with a view even only being on the 2nd floor. Was was super helpful and friendly. Definetly staying when i visit again

Horrible and I would never step foot back in the hotel.

The extremely rude supervisors and hotel manager. How they don’t care if you are happy there or not. I had issues with screaming girls in the hallway at 4am. I had to call five times asking for help. I don’t think they ever came up to tell them to be quiet. They were also smoking in the hallway. I’m allergic to cigarette smoke and it was sleeping underneath my door. The supervisors and manager lied to me several times about this situation. The manager was raising his voice at me in front of other customers at the front desk. They served me rotten milk in my coffee. The location was good but so loud. I live downtown Toronto and this was way worse for noise. The lock on my door didn’t work. There was no continuity between employees. One would tell you one thing and another would tell you something completely different. The late night staff barely spoke English so communicating my door lock issues was a concern. The windows didn’t open and it was very stuffy in my room.

The shower was really nice and so were the valet employees and a few of the girls at the front desk. One girl in particular at the front desk was exceptionally nice. Very professional.

Called for my car 5 times no answer walked down stairs too...

Called for my car 5 times no answer walked down stairs too speak with the valet and after waiting another ten mins the lady at the front desk tried too ask me too walk too get my car 45 mins after initially calling!!!!

Everything I expected and more.

Breakfast could be included or offer a room and meal rate.

Spectacular views, wonderful staff, and complimentary hotel car to transport to destinations were extremely helpful.

I WANT A REFUND

Misleading pictures. Rude front desk/concierge staff. Zero courtesy, staff acts chic for a motel with a clean paint job. Don’t expect free coffee at breakfast either. Not a hotel to stay at if you drive. Parking is $36 CAD no negotiating. Too late if you already booked.

It was excellent!

Just the floor in the room, wasn't really clean.

The bed was large enough for me, my husband and our 15 month old. Room services was excellent as well. The staff at the reception did a great job too. We had a room on the main floor, and he change us floor since underneath the main floor there's a Night Club, and since we have a 15 month old she wouldn't have been able to sleep. They park your car for you and you with the lungage! Thank you!

I will definitely come again ...

Excellent location, staff was pleasant and friendly. Well worth the cost, which was quite affordable, given it's location. You're in the heart of things.

Very well located, Hotel 10 has what you need for a getaway...

But the room had water damage and a leaking shower... Stains on the carpeting in the hallway and on the carpeting in the room entrance were a drag to see, but I understood they were water stains when I walked there barefooted for the first time after taking a shower on the last morning of my stay. The carpeting was drenched. Also... The fire alarm went off at about 2am during my first night there. We all went down to the lobby and saw the arrival of firefighters who left as quickly as they had arrived. False alarm. The fire alarm system was bugged actually. It rang again at 5am then at around 10am and once more again that evening (they were all stopped quite rapidly). My wish to relax and concentrate was not at all met during my 3 nights stay here...

Very well located, Hotel 10 has what you need for a getaway weekend, nights out in town and for business trips or meetings. The bed was quite comfortable, the room was of a perfect size and room service was great. Good food too.

Staff was very helpful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom layout was strange, the toilet separate from the shower and sink. Shower was horrible. Very bad water pressure and distribution (half of your body is always cold and uncovered)

Staff was very helpful. The room was decent. Location of hotel is at the heart of downtown, with nearby access to many restaurants, bars, etc.

We didn't have breakfast included which is too bad.

Sometimes it can be pretty loud in terms of street noise and during evenings there are people from street hanging out in the lobby sometimes. Not really fun but we never had any problems

We didn't have breakfast included which is too bad..breakfasts are good there;) Remember that it may be for a charge

The rooms were spacious and bed comfortable.

The only thing i wasn't crazy about was the breakfast. The bread was stale the eggs were gooey but it was the day after New Year's day...perhaps due to holidays produce wasn't as fresh

The rooms were spacious and bed comfortable. The HOTEL and rooms were clean and valet parking ...never had to wait

Fabulous stay, staff was great, location was great!

Great room and the staff was extremely responsive to any questions that we had. Great location, we used the car service one day as it was -10 degrees which was fantastic.

The hotel is great!

I wish the bathroom had a bathtub.

The hotel is great! It has a perfect location not far away from the main shopping street, China town and Old Montreal. The staff was helpful and friendly. My room (333) was updated and very modern. I really liked its design.

Bah.

Hotel is ok, staff was rushing all the time. I was not offered any tourist or any information of any kind. Locations wise for tourist I would recommend something better.

Ultramodern Hotel At Downtown Core

The walls were not completely soundproof and our neighbours happened to be very loud during one night of our stay. Getting food delivery from outside of the hotel could be difficult, as the front desk do not seem to have a local number.

Spacious rooms with a futuristic touch, Hotel 10 offers you everything you would ever need on a leisure trip. The facilities were very detail-oriented (backup umbrella in the wardrobe!) and eco-friendly. The building even includes a bar and a nightclub. Street side parking during the weekend is free, although the sharp slope can make it somewhat difficult in the snow.

Good experience
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

1. Parking is not free as indicated on Booking.com. You have to use the valet for $28 per nigh or find free parking on the street 2. Someone smoked in one of the rooms and it spread out to the entire floor

Great stay 15 minutes from Old Montreal

There is construction happening right next door to the hotel. There's nothing they can do about it but if I had known the construction I would have stayed at another hotel.

The hotel and the staff are great. My room had a few minor issues (light switches/fixtures not working) but the bed is comfortable and I heard nothing from other guests on the floor.

Clean spacious comfy rooms..super friendly people.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking didn’t accommodate our rental vehicle...a Ford Expedition....Expedition exceeded height restrictions

Room an A plus-clean, comfortable and spacious...hotel car to take to local spots an A plus too but only holds 4 passengers and isn’t always readily available

Modern rooms and modern hotel - great experience.

Parking is a little pricey but directly under the building and valet service is nice.

This is a terrific hotel. Great, great, great. Room was modern, clean and quiet. Bed super comfortable. Location terrific to go up Boul. St-Laurent or down to Ste-Catherine.

Beautiful hotel. Great foods comfy beds. Not so friendly front desk staff

Staff was not friendly in the slightest. OH EXCEPT THE VALET GUYS! They were amazing

The bathroom was huge and modern. I also loved that hotel 10 boxed off the original building and made the hallways like a museum

Booked for three people, however, towels, tumblers, etc.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Booked for three people, however, towels, tumblers, etc., were only set up for two people. Disappointing. Also, although housekeeping replenished the Nespresso pods, they did not replenish the stir sticks and creamo. It's these attention to details that, in my mind, are equally important.

very happy with the 10 experience.

The staff were excellent and very accommodating. The room was quiet and we enjoyed our stay here and a great location to explore from. The car service was excellent and the car and staff were available when we needed them.

Located close to Old Montreal, which was our primary point...

The nightly parking fee was exorbitant.

Located close to Old Montreal, which was our primary point of interest. The staff was exceedingly helpful, especially in that it was our first visit to Montreal and we don't speak French. The breakfast area was exceptional and the evening cafe very nice. The room was very clean and comfortable.

Modern hotel but not an ideal location for tourists.

Breakfast was nice, but very expensive. Also, we were charged an additional $10.00 for two cappuccinos which brought the total cost for breakfast to approx. $70.00 (for two persons) when tax and tipping is added.

This is a well appointed hotel. The room was quite big with plenty of storage space.

The cost of the hotel is not worth it.

The room smelled like smoke (we paid for a non-smoking room), bugs kept coming into the room through the window we opened (to air out the smell of the smoke) and the room wasn't as clean as we would have expected.

Hotel 10 was able to give us a room much earlier than the listed check-in time.

If you care about cleanliness and getting your money’s worth, don’t stay here.

They made a snide comment about us booking through a 3rd party. We were given an unfinished room, the ceiling was not painted, the toilet was in a closet like room. We found a toe nail in the washroom and green mucus in the closet with the toilet. My partner went and complained and they gave us a ‘special’ suite. The room was nice looking but there was something sticky on the chair, and the bathtub and shower were not clean. We were really tired and didn’t want to complain, but the pillows smelled like cigarettes. We are both non smokers and my migraines are triggered by strong smells. I wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone for the going rate. Cleanliness was obviously not prioritized by the hotel and it’s staff, and it’s really not worth all that money.

the construction is overall great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

parking is not free and quite expensive. you cannot access to parking spot youself, there are only valets who would park for you.

the construction is overall great. and hotel is clean

Hotel 10 was a great pick!

I wouldn't say I didn't like it but there were sings of aging in the rooms... I guess you can call it expected wear and tear.

Hotel 10 was a great pick! Awesome location helpful staff... nice modern facilities.

Comfortable stay in a well run hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

With a room over the terrasse it can be a little noizy if there’s an event. Not an issue for me but light sleepers might want to request a room that’s toward St-Laurent’s street.

Room was clean and the staff was friendly and helpfull. Breakfast buffet is well stock and provide good healthy options.

Great location, very clean rooms and bathrooms and staff were very helpful.

We were ther for a CFL game. Great location, able to walk to game. Valet parking, just stop out front and they take your car away. Seems to be new hotel, staff were great, room was really nice, shower was great. Easy walking to places to eat, yet quiet at night for sleeping. I would definitely go back.

Overall disappointed. I won't recommend it to any one.

The hotel has poor sound proof. Anybody who speaks in the hallway or the noise from the nearby night club and street can be heard loud and sound. There is a night club next day which makes sleeping in the night impossible. The hotel stuff also double charged my credit card. Very annoying.

The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly. The location is close to major sightseeing spots and easy to find.

All in all a great place to stay, friendly staff and very central location.

Shower only rooms are more and more popular but we could have actually used a tub for our tender feet !

Pari at front desk was very friendly and helpful as were all the valets We met Chef Denis at breakfast on our last morning and he is a gem ! Thank you for the bonus crepes!!

Mix of positive and negative

Very expensive relative to what it is. It is not a 5 star hotel. Location not in the core of downtown. Lots of young partiers on the weekend, so loud and busy.

Chic looking hotel with nice eambiance

Great location, very clean, spacious hotel room.

Our daughter would have liked a swimming pool. The bathrooms could use more counter space.

Quiet. Comfortable bed. Very clean. Great neighbourhood. Easy to drive to.

Trendy, clean, comfortable, & great location!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Don't really have any complaints. We stayed one night. The only thing I wasn't too keen on was the plain concrete ceiling. But that's just asthetics and didn't effect my stay in any way.

Great location! Within reasonable walking distance to the metro, as well as many great restaurants! Convenience store directly across the street with a Tim Hortons inside! Easy to find. Clean, aesthetically pleasing, & pleasant staff. They let you keep your car parked there after check out (so we got a full 24 hour parking) they also offer day rates for parking as well. Beds were comfortable. Shower was trendy. Great place at a reasonable cost!

It is new hotel and in almost good location, but not in...

Breakfast did not worse and staff in restaurant are not as polite as they should be

It is new hotel and in almost good location, but not in centre of downtown

Comfortable hotel about 1km from city center

Interesting area is a bit away, about 1km. No good view.

They offer a free car service to a 2.5 sqr km radius. It is a great service and the guy doing it is not your usual pissed montreal taxi driver but a guy from the hotel who also explains you a bit about the city. Service was really friendly, too. We had breakfast buffet there once and I can recommend it if you are hungry in the morning.

Modern hotel with good facilities.

Was a little outside the main area and the bars and restaurants around the hotel were not very inviting.

Lovely hotel very modern, good outside patio/bar area, but never got chance to use it with the rain. Good sized rooms with all the facilities. Staff were very helpful. Valet parking was onsite and they also offered a courtesy car to take you somewhere if available with 20 minutes notice.

Stylish, comfy, but has it's challenges
    • Executive Suite

The area is not nice, you are on a busy street corner, lots of traffic. Re the area - Be careful what you interpret as "arty". Don't be fooled. I didn't like we had quite bad faults in the room with bathroom door and taps - I raised to their attention, they said they would fix, but didn't. It's fair walk to all the sites etc.

Stylish yes. Comfortable yes. The staff were nice.

Nice hotel, great location

Would have been nice if breakfast was included in the price. Ceiling was unpainted.

Great location in the centre of town. Easy to reach with lots of interesting things within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Great location near McGill

This is not something that the hotel can likely do much about however our last night was very noisy with lots of banging doors in the halls until late into the next morning. It was a bit hard to sleep due to that.

This property is well located in easy walking distance to many Montreal attractions and it is also easy to access the metro. The location is also convenient if you are a parent visiting your child at McGill. The bed was comfortable especially the pillows. All staff from the door men, reception desk to the room attendants were pleasant and accommodating.

Location was great.

We knew that the hotel had night club that was adjacent (not sure if it's actually affiliated with the hotel) and asked for a room furthest from it. The hotel gave this to us (top floor and furthest away) and we were happy with the room, but if you are a traveler that needs complete silence to sleep, you may want to reconsider or bring ear plugs. We found the other guests very noisy in the hallways (we also had our infant daughter with us) and didn't realize until our last night that you could close off the washroom hallway from the room which completely muffled any hallway noise so I wish we would have realized that earlier. We did really enjoy staying here though and would stay here again.

Location was great. Hotel has a complimentary car service that will drop you anywhere downtown - very nice touch!

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Close to everything

Parking was expensive. The address Bookings sent us for the hotel was in the back and we had to go inside to get help with luggage that never showed up and the valet for the car

Close to everything

Stay here if you're looking for a good time. (Stag, etc.)
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms were decent, but definitely not comparable to a luxury chain.

The staff were excellent, our concierge managed to get us last minute reservations at Toque! which was absolutely phenomenal. They even gave us a ride there to ensure we weren't late.

It was ok

Got to pay 28.00 per day for the valet parking, which came as unpleasant surprise. Bedding sheets had holes and I found few black spots.

overall impression was good. The room was clean enough. The staff were nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

A nice and convenient stay to visit Montreal.

The room service food quality has room to be improved.

The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. Upgraded us to a quiet room when she saw I am with a little baby. Room is spacious. The toiletry is H2O+.

Trendiest hotel in Montreal

Didn't like the fact there was only a valet option. We wanted to have access to our car when we felt like it.

This hotel is super trendy and you get what you pay for.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was a bit clueless and not client service oriented. On a Friday night the room service closed earlier than what advertised in the room. Therefore we were stuck eating 50$ worth of nuts and Pringles. Not a happy camper! You would expect that an hotel claiming to be Montreal's hottest spot to stay would have the basics covered like food and drinks. They didn't even offer complimentary snacks or beverages. Considering the choices available in Montreal not going back.

The room service awesome, the gym great with beautiful...

Nothing at all

The room service awesome, the gym great with beautiful bathroom and shower,nice bar and brunch was excellent!! Hotel is very nice and modern and the best was that we got well dressed for the night me and my wife and got to ride in a mercedez benz from the hotel to the restaurant that night and clearly appreciated that moment!!! Great job and see you soon!!!

This hotel is a treasure
    • Executive Suite

Exécutive suite are a little bit damaged. There is a lot of bachelorette party in those room type and people doesn't respect the things and decorations in the room and sometimes it left permanent damage.

The staff is diamond. The private driver is good too but a little bit of waiting. This hotel is unique, you feel in another world when you are there. Every room is a surprise by the way, so maybe when i will go back there my room will looks very different than my last one. Take room on higher level (4-5) because the rooms there are new.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Excellent time at Hotel 10. Would recommend to friends.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff were very helpful in setting up the stay at the Hotel. Stay was booked with father's Credit Card, and staff answered questions about stay to ensure no issues at book-in.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Comfortable bed but the pillows not to much.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pillows is my only complaint!

Comfortable bed but the pillows not to much.The room was really pretty and we'll decorated.Very clean and fresh.nice view on the 5th floor.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Boutique hotel on The Main.

Traffic noise late at night and in early morning.

Easy walking access to the 'quartier des spectacles' and the shops and restaurants of St Lawrence Boulevard, as well as McGill University and the UQAM Science campus.

Staff was amazing!

Hotel restaurant was not great and only open for breakfast. No great restaurants walking distance from the hotel. Cleanliness could be a bit better.

Staff was amazing! Very knowledgeable and friendly. Location was pretty central. Be prepared to take cabs (Uber) to most places.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

It fullfills my expectations, only one little final disappointment

I ask about to check-out 1 hour later (1:00PM instead of noon) because I had a specific need to finish a work before to leave. Hotel staff say no. Ok, there are rules and is up to the management of the hotel to let people to follow the rules. I don't have problems with this point. But the answer to my question (I ask twice to two different people) were rough, like "we don't care about your needs". This was not nice, I stay five days, not just one night, an apologize about the impossibility to encounter my needs would be appreciated.

Location is good, the room was big and clean. They give me a higher floor room as I stay 5 nights and I appreciated that.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Nice hotel in a good location.

The only thing that could be better is that there are no ice machines so you have to order a bucket of ice from room service, but it's free.

I'm a shower person so I loved the walk in shower. I don't know if all the rooms have them, but the junior suite did.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Ok

Having tipped the car guy generously twice in one evening, it was bad form I think to be left to my own devices in the snow to retrieve the keys, car and haul my luggage when checking out. The experience became completely self service at that point.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Good value for last minute booking
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The layout of the bathroom was not ideal for a group of friends sharing a room. The door did not lock properly and one could easily look into the shower from the door.

Good value for last minute booking

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Nice Urban Feel, Great Staff.

The linens were clean but there could have been more bedding, or a thicker duvet. I didn't ask for extra blankets, but if you like sleeping under lots, perhaps you should.

The room had a very new and urban style, the bathroom was excellent, I recommend the upgrade to the room with a tub.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Excellent place to stay!

Some of the other guests were very noisy late at night but that is hard to control.

The bed was very comfortable and the shower was very spacious and nice. It was very luxurious.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

A gem of a hotel!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great service, rooms, and location. We especially appreciated the continental breakfast, which was top notch. Would not hesitate to stay at Hotel 10 again.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Great hotel and overall experience!

Our getaway was only 2 days otherwise would stay longer.

We are walkers so if you don't mind walking the location is good. Interesting art throughout the hotel! Breakfast special was amazing with Dennis welcoming us and explaining the delicious buffet :)

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

loved my stay! breakfast was to die for!

the rooms felt a little worn. not badly but dings on the walls etc.

the breakfast was amazing!!! lots of truly healthy options. the staff was also awesome. really went out of their way for me!

Browse HOTEL10 traveller photo gallery