Reviews of orcaSound Hotel 2 stars

93 Montee Lavigne, J0P 1P0 Rigaud, Canada

#6 of 6 hotels in Rigaud

5.3

6.1

The recepcionist was a nice person, she gave us all the facilities. The room was good for the deal that we got, to be honest we didn't try the food so we don't know about it. The internet have an amazing quality was good and fast. You have a restaurants and gas stations next to you. We recommend the place.

• Standard Queen Room

they said that for each night stay you get a gift certificate for TimHortons (10$), but is not true. We had to ask and the lady seemed as if she did not know. We stayed 2 nights and only got 1 gift cvertificate of 5$

• King Room with Whirlpool

The room was facing the fast food restaraunt next door and we felt uncomfortable with the people driving by we had to keep the curtains closed. The room was also really cold when we first arrived. We also waited a long time at the desk for check in because nobody was there.

There's many options for food within walking distance.

No coffee maker in rooms and the one at reception didn't ever have coffee in it. Tim's card promised on reservation was not provided even though asked for.

Price was reasonable. Room was a decent size

The bathroom was not very clean and the bed was smaller than expected.

The bed was very comfortable, the heating system was working really well, the bathroom was big and the location was optimal.

• King Room with Whirlpool

There was absolutely nothing about the hotel that I didn't like...Everything was great!

The staff was friendly accomodating. The bed was super comfortable and the whirlpool bath was really relaxing!

carpets were unclean. bathroom unclean, old and in bad shape. A/C was not working properly, eiter too cold or cooking hot. the hotel in general was in a bad shape, very unclean

well located

It's not very well kept, carpet in rooms is disgustingly dirty, tv remote doesn't work, heat doesn't work, bathroom door doesn't work... room wasn't ready at arrival and it wasn't ready at all. We actually had to be moved to another room.

It's conveniently located, have easy parking, staff is friendly

Very dirty. Thank goodness I had cleaning supplies with me - after a 14 hour drive, i went to take a "spa bath" and had to clean a yellow ring all along the bath. There were no towels in my room - had to call down for towels at midnight. The flimsy, dirty blankets, sheets, bedspread, pillows did not make for comfortable sleeping. Filthy carpets, mold on shower curtain. Not enough plugs, if you want to charge a phone and tablet you have to unplug a light and alarm.. one of the lights didnt even work. Get ready to walk up a large flight of stairs if you have a heavy bag - there are no elevators. I've stayed in some pretty cheap motels that weren't luxurious in any way but this one was by far the worst. So bad that I checked out and checked in for the next night at Auberge Hudson Inn - 100 times better place to stay - with similar pricing

Staff were friendly

had to change room, tv not working then blow drdyer also was not working in the new room looking for the ice machine......broken she went in a room in the back ( condemned kitchen) and gave me some.......mattress needs to be changed and as I was about to dry myself from the shower I grabbed the towel.....OMG dark dark brown spots ( somebody must have dyed their hair at some point in time) no coffee or coffee maker in the room or lobby......never again and dont recommend it

location was close to the route I travelled

• Standard King Room

The TV remote seemed to work only to change satellite channels and volume but not to turn on or off. Some vacuuming under the bed would be good. Also, the clock/alarm and the lamps were not plugged in.

It is in a very convenient location for someone traveling the highway to Ottawa/Toronto and who wants to be already outside of Montreal to avoid the traffic. Probably also convenient for people visiting the area. The room had a big bath/hot tub which probably would be fun to relax in if one had the time or was looking for a romantic getaway. Conveniently next to a few chain restaurants and another hotel. Overall, not bad but not amazing for the money.

• Standard Queen Room

We had stayed here a few times when it was a Howard Johnson motel and it was o.k. because of its location beside the highway and near a favourite restaurant but the building and furnishings are becoming tired and worn out.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

To be fair the hotel was undergoing renovations.....Too many motorcycles and consequently too much noise.......

The Staff were super friendly and helpful!

• Standard King Room

There were things under the bed, don't know how long they had been there. Drawers were missing handles.

We were attending a wedding in the area. The price was right.

• Standard King Room

Check-in was slower than most places as the receptionist spent time finding our Internet reservation. As with most hotels, I believe that the rooms vary and we lucked into a superior set-up (having paid a bit extra for somewhere with a king-size bed.

108 was an excellent room with a comfortable bed and seemed more like a "honeymoon suite" with its jacuzzi and large size.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Our room smelled like an ashtray and our smoke detector was ripped off the ceiling. The woman at the front desk was initially surprised before she told us that she was aware of the problem and asked the previous guest to stop smoking in the room. The room phone also didn't work and the carpets were stayed with God knows what.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Advertising for the motel indicates that there is a restaurant on site (their isn't); a continental breakfast included (their isn't) and access to tea/coffee in the room (their isn't - or at least their wasn't in the room they gave me). Had I known that I would have to go out to even get a cup of tea to start my day I probably would have booked elsewhere.

The staff was friendly and responsive. A small problem that I had with Wi-Fi was professionally handled and resolved in minutes

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

The booking said free breakfast but the place was deserted when I got up at 7:00. I worked in my room for a while to see if it would change but nothing. At 9:00 it was still deserted and the "breakfast room" was locked. I wandered around to find staff and there was no one around--even in the kitchen (I toyed with the idea of making my own breakfast). I only book places with breakfast as I tend to want to eat and get on the road. The desk guy the night before did not mention anything about it--actually, when I came down later that night to get something out of my car he was gone(?). And speaking of working in my room--I was told there was a desk--which there was--with a TV on it and no chair--so I working by sitting on the bed and setting my laptop on my case on top of the fold-out luggage rack. Not very handy. Won't be booking here again--need to find a better place close to Montreal.

The room was clean and the wifi was fast--which is important as I work when I travel and I deal with large files.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Poorly managed. Could not find our reaervations. Put us a queen room and wanted us to move on their whim very disorganized booking system. Room was not cleaned. Towels not changed. Stairs were very steep and dangerous. Very stressful stay. Garbage not emptied management argued with us

Need more staff to cover patron needs Nothing. Very poor experience

Had some Wi-Fi problems but they assured me they had IT was on it.

Very kind, helpful, and we’re not irritated speaking English to me. :)

Good service, friendly staff. Comfortable and convenient to the highway.

• Standard King Room

Bath door would not stay closed

Bed was comfy.

It was clean

Run down and dirty!!!!

• Standard Queen Room

Carpets could have been steam-cleaned. there wasn't a screen on the operable window.

room was pleasantly clean

no wifi

room was ok for the price... but wifi was not available even though they said it was available.

• Family Room with Two Double Beds

Bed were not cumfortable at all ans the air was really bad and also dusty

Not much very disapointed

Hotel was very run down

Not too much

This place was very dirty. And it said smoke free, but it smelt like cigarettes in the hall way.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

The Worst ever hotel

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Family Room with Two Double Beds

Nice room and outside too

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

Service

• Reviewed: 10 August 2015

The check in was difficult as they did not seem to have our reservations. We had reserved two rooms, one for my wife and myself and the other for my son, his wife and children. In the end we were given an upgrade at no extra charge.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2015

The carpets were stained. The room needed a good cleaning. (Lots of dust) The spa bath was dirty from previous occupant. Breakfast was a joke. Toast and cereal and old coffee. No temperature control in rooms. Only 1 pillow per person and they were very worn out. I almost tripped on a carpet in the hallway that was not properly installed.

I liked the size of the bathtub in the bathroom(aside from the spa bath in the room). The staff were very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2015

The carpets were not vacuumed, there was dirt on the floor and furniture. There was garbage under the bed. There was mold on the bathroom curtain. At 4am I had to go next door to the room the manager was staying in to ask her to be more quiet - going up and down hallways and slamming doors, and then talking loudly on the phone. A guest should not have to ask the hotel manager to be more considerate and quiet!!! Continental breakfast was terrible - stale toast, no fruit...

I liked the convenience of booking online.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

The breakfast should not be included. It consisted of instant oatmeal, cereal, and bread that was about to go bad (strong yeasty smell). I had to ask the concierge for a clean mug for coffee at 8:30am, and then had to make another pot myself. The dirty dishes from breakfast were all over the place, and we left for our wedding at 3pm, they still were. There is an "Eggscellent" restaurant across the road at Hudson Inn. Eat there.

The location was close to the wedding we were attending. The linens were clean. The restaurant "Eggscellent" at Hudson Inn across the street was very good.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2015

Older mattress sagged into the middle with two of us; bed covered only by sheet and bedspread. Thin walls. Continental breakfast was literally just bread/toast, corn flakes and/or cheerios.

Convenient location. Nice clean little room. Water hot with pressure good in the shower. Coffee freshly made in the morning. A kettle of hot water ready for tea (hooray, no coffee taste). Ripe bananas and apples on the breakfast counter -- made cereal more interesting.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2015

The smell in the bathroom when taking a shower !!

Restaurants (fastfood) near by!

• Reviewed: 19 July 2015

No hangers Windows didn't open ( did ask for room with window opening said they have none, but there ARE.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2015

Door didn't lock unless slammed a few times. No adjustable air in room. Well water dirty shower curtain. . Bar and resturant closed .

• Reviewed: 27 June 2015

Room

• Reviewed: 3 February 2015

Bed was at least 10 years old......... Water had a smell of rotten eggs (sulphur) Breakfeast area was freezing.

Accesability from were I was,

There are also 25 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.