Reviews of Lexington Hotel 3 stars

50 Brady Street, P3E 1C8 Sudbury, Canada

#9 of 31 hotels in Sudbury

• Deluxe Queen Room

Not really the hotels fault but people were smoking pot in the building and it smelled so bad we had to leave for an hour with our daughter.

Most friendly staff! Comfortable room

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Sheets were discolored as if they were aged - needed sparkling white sheets.It was okay & we attended a conference

Partner liked the breakfast but one didn't care for the pancakes as they were cold & greasey

• Deluxe Queen Room

Bathroom was too small practically had to stand on the toilet to close the door.... makes me feel bad for the ones that clean them, and the breakfast could have been better.

Everything else was great

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Small bathroom(tiny). Although the location of the hotel was hard to find it was worth the effort.

The beds were very comfortable and the room is very spacious. The bathroom was adequate though very small. The food and service was very good. The dining room staff was excellent as was front desk(Josh).we like this hotel.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

No pool/sauna/jacuzzi, but we knew that when we booked the room.

Excellent buffet dinner. Comfortable beds, lots of free parking. Laundry facilities were easy to use and fairly priced. Hair dresser on site, and she squeezed me in for a buzz cut at the last minute.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast was amazing. The waitress was challenged with some picky old men and she was fantastic. It didn’t phase her pleasant attitude at all. The location was good and nice to be able to park close to the hotel. Excellent price and value. Would definitely stay here again.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not sure if it's like that for all rooms but we stayed in ground floor and couldn't open the windows to ventilate the room although they might look like nice balcony just in front. There was barely any furniture to keep our clothes, only place to hang clothes but no closet or drawers. The breakfast is included which apparently is a plus for many guests but we found it very poor: no fresh bread, no fresh fruit, no yogurts, not nice pancakes; but this might be because we are used to different offers specially when traveling in Europe. Although the hotel was quite empty we could notice that any sounds from other rooms and corridor can be easily heard.

The hotel is conveniently located for someone passing the area and has it's own parking. Surprisingly, although the hotel is in front of a busy road there wasn't much noise in the room from the street. It has its own restaurant/bar but unfortunately closes too early for late travelers like us and then there's no room service food offers. The beds were comfortable and the room spacious enough. The staff was always very helpful.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The AC is old-school and very loud, so I think it might be not so good during summer

Good employees, especially good breakfast. Price is awesome for its quality. Very good place for couples to stay a night at the middle of a road trip. The stay was relaxing and comfortable.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Nothing not to like. The hotel met my needs at a very competitive price.

Full service hotel (restaurant, bar). Fast, friendly front desk staff. Extensive cable television stations. Fast, stable wifi. Clean, quiet and comfortable.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I couldn’t find shave cream there. I had my own shave foam , but in the airport ,security didn’t let me to bring it to the airplane.

Very Clean place with welcoming staff and enough facilities with very large room and free outdoor parking and very good breakfast ,located near the downtown

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Some traffic noise from the adjacent street,

The included breaksfast was very good. Hotel was a short walk from good pubs, restaurants and cafes. Nice, spacious room with good beds. Pleasant staff.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Waited too long to check in. We were all tired and rooms weren’t ready at check in time. Also the gym wasn’t open which disappointed the teenagers amongst us.

The hotel was great. Location good. Staff very helpful and friendly. Breakfast very good. An overall good experience. Thank you.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had to wait over an hour to check in because rooms weren’t ready. That was our only beef.

Breakfast was great, staff very friendly and helpful, room very comfortable. Well situated in Sudbury.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast buffet was very basic. The coffee was great though and the dinner menu was varied. We ate dinner there one night during our stay and it was delicious!

Room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was tight, only room for one person at a time to get ready in the morning. It appeared as if the hotel had recently been working on upgrading and modernizing the rooms.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room doors are a little heavy, hard to open and close.

Rooms are clean and spacious, beds are clean and very comfortable. Staff is friendly. Close to downtown, great for short business trips. Plenty of parking.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Wonderful experience from arrival. Front desk staff was exceptional. The room was beautiful. Quiet and spotless. Breakfast in the morning was delicious. Blueberry pancakes were delicious.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The duty manager was a great help, otherwise we would not have received a ground level room. As seniors we have walking difficulties, thus we always need the ground floor facilities.

The front desk clerk (assistant to the manger) did not meet the usual expectation.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The first room they gave us had a funky smell, so they switched us to a tile room. The room was great but it was kinda cold especially the floor.

The pancakes were awesome.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Sofa Bed

The treadmill was broken, apparently for a while. It didn't appear that they had made any effort to get it serviced.

Breakfast is solid, service is friendly. Rooms are nice enough. The place is a wedding facility, don't expect to get too much sleep on the weekend.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The tv was complicated to use even with the step by step instructions, and I couldn't adjust the heat on the room heater

Bed was comfy, room and bathroom was very clean. Best sleep in a long time!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The cigarette smell got sick did report it that nite they said I must be wrong it is a smoke free place.... the waitress that nite should work some where that she doesn’t have to serve

Beds

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom was tiny! Beds were not as comfy as I expected. The TV was very complicated to operate! We even had to call the front desk for help! Small things, but contributed to our "average" rating

Hot breakfast was good, room was clean and tidy. Bathroom was clean. The dining room was lovely, fresh and looked recently updated.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Size of the bathroom and is on a busy four lane street that’s a little dangerous coming in and out of

Full served hot breakfast included in room price and the friendliest staff of any hotel I’ve ever been to

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

This hotel was such a wonderful surprise for this tired traveller. I have stayed in 5 hotels in chilly Ontario in the past four weeks. Usually I have stepped into an ice-cold room. This was the only place where the room had been heated to coincide with my arrival. Loved this gesture! The waitress in the breakfast nook was friendly without being in my face, and the cook did the best soft-poached eggs I have had in a long time.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The room was incredible, very posh, the furniture was beautiful, the rich colours and the lighting added to it. The staff are wonderful, the food was very good with large portions. 😁💕👍🏻

• Deluxe Queen Room

Thank you to Bev and Lindsay for being so helpful and accommodating! You are wonderful people! I was staying at Lexington before having a medical procedure done. The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. I asked for a later checkout so I can recover a little longer before leaving, and they moved things around and made it work. When I returned from the procedure, the front desk clerk was kind and made sure I had anything that I needed. I would definitely recommended the Lexington and would go there again.

• Deluxe Queen Room

had problem with toilet during the night - it would not stop running. Front desk person must have been new. He tried to fix it. He could not so turned off water and said not to use it. We require working toilet. I requested to change rooms. Desk clerk complied but said we might be charged for breaking toilet. I very politely replied that it would not be acceptable. We were not charged for it but not pleasant at 3 a.m.

Most staff were excellent - friendly, very helpful,

• Deluxe Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Not Having access to a pool on property!.

Staff was awesome, the rooms were great, had a great stay at the Lexington hotel. It was my first stay but diffidently not my last!

• Deluxe Queen Room

We were told the restaurant and lounge would be opened, they were not, there was even a sign in the lobby stating the hours of operation and nothing was opened as stated.

The location, even though we had to cross a 4 lane street to get around when we walked to town, quite dangerous.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Missing shower curtain quickly installed; drain in tub not in drain; exterior of fridge in poor shape. Breakfast simpler than we expected... no protein for example. We were a little startled to see several notices about watching for human trafficking.

Staff courteous and friendly. Billing accurate and easy

• Deluxe Queen Room

The only thing that I have to say and it's was not a problem was the breakfast. It was very good but the first morning I had to ask for toast. The second day it was offered. There was no yogurt or pastries on the first morning. The second morning there was yogurt. I understand why, I think it was because the hotel was not full. There would have been to much wast. I get that, the only reason I am mentioning it is because the last time I stayed there it was an option and I was expecting it. This little issue will not change my decision of returning to this hotel. It is my first choice of stay in Sudbury. Continue the good work.

• Deluxe Double Room - Disability Access

The bed was hard as rock. Had to ask for toilet paper everyday. There was no replacement for the tissues in the room once they where gone. There was no extra blanket no extra pillows in the room. There was no menu left in the room.

Staff was friendly

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The tv was too small and the heater ran steadily all night. It would shut off and then two seconds later turn on again. The noise kept my mother up during the night.

The staff was very friendly. The breakfast buffet was very delicious.

• Deluxe Double Room - Disability Access

The breakfast buffet was very spartan, with few selections. The room was comfortable but the in-wall heater was noisy and dried out my sinuses - I awoke with a sinus headache every morning. No pool.

The bed was very comfortable. The hotel is very conveniently located to downtown, the train station (the downtown rain station, not Sudbury Jct), the staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful, and the hotel was clean and comfortable.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom had a weird smell, floor wasn't very clean, pain was chipping off. Breakfast was extremely basic, and the eggs were cold.

Staff were nice, bee was comfortable

My only small issue is that all windows are sealed. I like a little fresh air when I sleep, but I just used the fan to accommodate.

The room was spacious with a very comfy bed. Clean modern rooms. Hot breakfast was a bonus too. We will definitely go back again, this was like a little hidden gem that we did not know about until this visit.

All the little touches weren't there for the size of the hotel.

The bed was comfortable with good pillows. The location is one of the best in town.

No complaints.

It was nearly renovated. It was clean and modern. The paint colors were refreshing. Loved the tile work in the bathroom. The buffet breakfast was tasty. The Waitress served us coffee and toast. The front desk gentleman suggested an excellent restaurant and gave us directions.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was dog hair in one of the beds, now if you own a dog you know that stuff is impossible to get out of sheets. But as a non dog owner, I chose the other bed.

The breakfast had excellent hashbrowns

• Deluxe Queen Room

The Management was very rude. There were mice in our room and they put us in a lower accommodation room with no working T.V. and loud slamming doors. They tried to over charge us compared to our Booking.com price. At the end they gave us 10 dollars off after I complained about the mice - really not happy with this place - regret getting a no name hotel.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was no fan in the bathroom, but other than that we were very satisfied with everything else.

The lady at reception was wonderful. She helped us with lots of information on where to go and what to see and even asked us the following day if we found everything we were looking for. Really enjoyed the personal touch and small town charm.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff were incredible and so nice. It was s joy dealing with them. Especially the front desk receptionist.

The staff were excellent the hotel is an old hotel that was renovated. The painting of the hotel was very bad as well as the bathtub. It was painted and peeled every time you took a shower. The breakfast could of been better. It was very simple.

Kept awake all night by drunks who were swearing and fighting. Second night no maid service, no clean towels, nothing. Then the dogs in the next room starting barking and whining - apparently there were alone in the room. Front desk tried to fix the dog situation with no success. For the price we were charged I would never recommend this facility to someone.

Enjoyed the free breakfast and ease of parking.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Barking dogs, no maid service, drunks staggering all over all night. It was a two night stay and horrible especially since we had a two year old with us. We went to our family function exhausted. It ruined out weekend!

Free breakfast was a nice touch.

Drunken idiots cursing and swearing at all hours of the night keeping everyone awake. Front desk did nothing. Second night returned to find our room wasn't cleaned. No fresh towels, bed unmade - she claimed the do not disturb sign was out. Interesting since none of the rooms in our area were cleaned (we had a total of 5 rooms and no one got maid service). Pathetic customer service - the second night was filled with continuous dog barking and whining as the owners of the these animals left them locked in the room. Again nothing done to correct the situation.

Nice hotel since it has been completely redone.

Spent the first night listening to drunken idiots cursing and swearing all night up and down the halls. Repeated calls to front desk did nothing to change the situation - no one got any sleep! !

The rooms were large and newly renovated.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast was dissapppinting the Friday morning but larger spread on Sat. When hotel full. It should be consistent as I pay the same for every night of stay.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I understand the property is being renovated so the exterior is a bit shabby and the view from the dining room was not very nice. But honestly its not a big deal for me... those are only cosmetic and didn't affect my overall experience.

The beds were very comfortable, bathroom was clean and there were lots of towels. The breakfast which was included in the price of the room was excellent and the service in the dining room was very friendly and prompt. All the staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Small bathroom, no safety bars on bathtub so missed a shower, could hear showers from rooms above and above.

Our bartender/hostesses was an awesome person providing the best service while catering also to 2 wedding receptions. Disputes a 16 hour day she was back at work at 6am.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Shower was for very short people and no fan in bathroom.

Well furnished with couch, all in good condition. Overall a great deal for the price. Staff were great, hotel is clean and comfy and facilities all in good order.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Lost my booking.com reservation.40 minute check in.charged a higher price than my reservation. Poor room description.shower leak toilet loose and the bed was dirty and the bath towels very small

Breakfast was good day manager was helpful

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I ordered a pizza from the restaurant and it was undercooked

It was good value and located near where l wanted to be. The room was clean and a good size

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I thought hotel was fantastic price was good bed was great best sleep in a while i really enjoyed customer service was excellent breakfast fantastic .

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Came with a hot breakfast which was unexpected and greatly appreciated. Staff was really friendly and helpful. Bed was comfortable - lots of pillow choices. Not many guests so noise was non-existent at night. Easy to find, close to downtown.

• Deluxe Queen Room

I didn't like to have my room in front of the stairwell, but I'll make sure to write it down on my Booking.com next time. I was very sad to hear that Cameron left. Lori has excellent service as always in the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

USB port at bedside too far from bed. Showerhead too low - had to bend over quite far and I'm only 6'1. Heating/Cooling Unit too loud. Patrons doors bang closed.

Breakfast was fresh with plenty of choice. Only missing item - oatmeal. Many places today give you plastic cutlery, this was all stainless steel. Serving staff very attentive. Gym was brand new and albeit small, well equipped. Water cooler could have been stocked and TV was not connected. Looked brand new.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

After a long day on the second day of our stay, we returned to find that our room had not been made up. I had to go to the front desk for clean towels. It was disappointing as we have stayed there at least three times and had not had a problem before. Clean, reasonable and quiet.

The rooms are clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was leaving too early to have breakfast that began at 7 am -- they was no fresh fruit or coffee available before official breakfast time -- that would have been nice

staff at front desk and in onsite restaurant were excellent

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Only accessible by vehicle, really. It was tough getting around on foot with the only access a major, fairly busy, road out front.

The staff was very nice and helpful!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Unfortunately we had a bad experience here , everything was fixed in the end but will not return to this property

Breakfast was good in the morning although sometimes cold

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

My room was taken care for before i checked in re:heat. Cameron is the best, just love the way he greets ppl makes you feel at home. My bed was very comfortable, slept like a baby.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bath tub should have a plug so we can actually have a bath. I'm not craving about the heating either. Better if there was a thermostat.

Clean, curtious and comfy!

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The second time we stayed there, there was no shampoo in the bathroom, but I called and someone came right away with what I needed.

The staff here is lovely and were so kind both times we stayed there. I asked for an extra tea pod for the coffee maker and they brought two!

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

No complaints

Bed was superbly comfortable, extremely clean room. Excellent buffet breakfast so nice and fresh with something for everyone. Staff were friendly and smiling.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

They do not resources the cleaning staff well enough to have the turnover in guest well timed. Had to wait until 4:30 to book in due to their in ability to clean rooms they took reservations for. The room smelled so bad of foul foot odour that it gave me a headache. The hallway is so poorly constructed that it acted as a sound amplifier so even small children in the hall made it sound like a train was coming through when anyone walked down the hall. Having the clerk over emphasis that the pre-charge to my visa will be kept ($250) if I smoke in the room when I booked a non-smoking room (and have an allergy to tobacco) let me know I was in the wrong place from initial in-person contact.

Dinning room buffet was nice. Staff took care of several different sets of loud partiers without having to wait until guests complained.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

I chose this property's that my family could stretch our legs and explore downtown after a long drive. Although the hotel was only minutes from downtown, we had to drive as there was no accessible walking around the hotel. Very disapointing. Hotel is undergoing. Renovations, ask for a newer main floor room.

The staff were excellent. Very welcoming, and accomodating. The hotel was clean and the breakfast was quite good.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Should not be called a hotel. This is, in my definition a motel. All the first floor rooms have parking lot access. There is a second floor, but there is no elevator.

The bed was truly comfortable. The room was clean and well kept. The staff were friendly and attentive. Breakfast was fair but standard, again staff were great.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The grounds are rather rough. Some of the entrance ways dirty and the wall finish is falling off.

The staff are wonderful, helpful, and knowledge. The reception staff, Cameron, was particularly helpful. He is a great asset to the jokes.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

The cleaning staff the first few days was not doing a very good job, but once I talked to the lady at the front desk, every thing was great.

Very comfortable bed,the couch was great, & we really enjoyed the breakfast. The staff at the front desk were excellent, friendly, and made our check in, and our check out very seamless. Very professional.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I had supper at your motel restaurant, it was alot better than the last time

I didn't get to try the croisants yet, hopefully my next stay lol I love the renovation of the room, bed is very comfy

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The music at breakfast awful. Scratchy rock. Disturbing. Please change or do not play anything

The beds were great. Power outage for 2 hours 7-9 . No free drink or anything off

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Dirty bed, the duvet smelled so badly of body odour that i wretched. I went to my car and got my own blankets. Needless to say uncomfortable sleep that night. When I informed staff on checkout, it was not handled professionally and he somehow thought he could blame me for it. Anyway, the most disgusting experience ever I will never book this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Queen Room with Sofa Bed

The noise levels were kind of disruptive, there was a wedding party also staying at the same hotel and they were in "party mode" we could hear all of their activities and people talking in the hallway, outside and in the room next to us. Something to consider.

Husband and I booked a room with a Queen sized bed and a sofa. The room was lovely, it was so nice to have the extra seating area as well which is what we were looking for while we were staying in Sudbury. The room was clean and the location absolutely cannot be beat! Restaraunts and bars are about a 5 minute walk to downtown. We'll stay here again!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Walls are thin. If you have noisy neighbors, you will here them well.

Staff, rooms and location excellent for the price! The breakfast is very good and free.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We were able to stay in one of the updated rooms and it was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Price was also amazing especially for the Sudbury Area