Reviews of Hyatt Regency Montreal 4 stars

1255 Jeanne-Mance, H5B 1E5 Montréal, Canada

#72 of 134 hotels in Montréal

• King Room with City View

Lovely modern room, very clean, excellent USB port access in the table and lamp, nice view. Helpful reception and bell boy staff - very good lad called Jonathan helped with bags and taxis and ideas fo where to eat.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View

There is a coffee machine in the room but no kettle so you cannot make proper tea.

Fantastic hotel in the downtown. Room was spacious, two queen size beds is what you need when traveling with kids, staff is nice and helpful. Excellent!

• King Room with City View

Extra debit on my card and higher prices I paid

I paid top price by booking in advance but on the day of check in, property was available for much lower rates so felt cheated. Not only this, other similar 4/5 star hotels available for 1/2 or 2/3 of the price I paid. On top of that, just now I have been billed for 18.93 CAD for nothing through my credit card despite I did not use anything extra. This is clear day light robbery. Worst experience. Never book Hyatt in life

The room was cold--difficult to get it to the right temperature.

Very helpful staff. If you're going to events at the Place des Arts, it is very convenient. Good food. Walk to Old Town and Chinatown. Close to Metro for downtown. Parking underneath. Lots of restaurants around.

check out was a little confusing. No paperwork or check out info sent. I just put keys in jar labled keys and left. Hope that is okay.

bed and linens were extremely comfortable. hotel in a great location - easy walk to old town montreal and also to downtown shopping. Parking easy. check in clerk was lovely and very helpful. we would definitely stay again.

Service was excellent and staff was friendly. Only minor comment was that housekeeping staff kept knocking on door (and actual opened the door once) even with Do Not Disturb sign.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

2 water bottles and 2 facecloths and 2 hand towels for 4 people

Great comfortable beds, and shower, lots of lounging areas! Club room snacks were 👍awesome Eg. meats & cheese, fresh fruit and fresh veggie, bruschetta, quinoa salads, etc. we enjoyed it as well as great individual desserts and coffee/tea/water (also wine but at a fee)

This was our second stay in the Hyatt this year. The room was spacious and completely renovated. The hotel was quiet during our stay and we had a great sleep.

All the rest:First it was my birthday when we arrived for the check in the supervisor told us that they only take credits card but never when I reserved on booking.com they mentionnes that they were only taking credit cards.She said that she said that she have to cancel the reservation but she will do it for free and she will try to find us an another hotels.My wife and I argued and finally she said that she will try it to charge with the debit card but she ask for $300 deposit + the room $202 total $502 lucky that I had that amount on my card.When We arrived at the room.the toilet door was a sliding door and there's nothing to lock it and only a very small shower.And the only thing nice was the bed.My wife and I,we promised ourselves to never go back at that place and we will never go in a Hyatt hotel (because it's The Hyatt policy to take only credits card.So be aware of that fact if U reserve at the Hyatt.

The bed

When we came a few years ago the restaurant was amazing. The food was perfectly cooked and delicious. This time it was a bit lower quality. It felt and tasted more like food i could get at a mid-scale bar. Our steak was not cooked as we asked either but the servers were lovely. We were placed on a floor where there was a university (HEC) having a party and that was a disaster. They were awful and loud and very disrespectful. Truly dissapointing but the staff tried there best to help us and we were moved. There should be reserved floors for large groups under 20.

Lovely staff. Hotel is in a great location, clean and modern. The pool table is great. They should consider adding a second one since it is always full of kids. Or perhaps set a time when kids can play then leave it for the adults.

• King Room with City View

An absolute gem of a property, centrally located , inside access to the malls in Montreal and the staff are incredible. William at the réception treated us like family and we were made to feel like VIPS .

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View

Checked in late went straight to bed. Had brought my dad to celebrate his 80th birthday and had planned a full day in Montreal seeing sites and going to enjoy jazz bistro. Got up in morning and went to wash up, tried to brush teeth and Sink immediately backed up, went to use shower instead and No drainage there either - so my poor dad and I just got dressed and went to public bathrooms to brush and wash. Reported issue to front desk, they sent maintenance but it could be 30-45mins we had plans for breakfast so left. Came back after breakfast maintenance was in room trying to fix but we were leaving at 11am. Nice lady offered us different room but as we were leaving didn't help us. No compensation offered.

Looked clean, staff welcoming were very excited to be back. Visited Montreal for 50th birthday and stayed here, was very impressed. BATHROOM WAS DISASTER - SINK & SHOWER BACKED UP

There was a bit of renovation work going on, about which I was told. And there were ear plugs in the room to help me sleep through it in the morning!

The breakfast buffet was delicious with a wide selection of choices. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff was courteous and helpful. The bell attendant provided excellent information so that I could purchase the cell phone charger I had left home.

I stayed here on a regular base over 20 years ago and never had an issue, Do not sleep on the top floor, especially room 2013, you can hear the elevator motor the entire night. It's the first time I see that a hotel provides ear plugs on the desk, nice touch but, please ask for the quite room without these plugs, you are sure to sleep :) About 20 empty pizza box in the lobby as a welcome morning leaving the elevator.

It's downtown and close to everything. Restaurants and shopping available close by.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel being renovated. You can hear everything in the room. I was there for business and even with the earplugs, I could hear it. The work started at 7 am the next morning. The reception said there would be making noise, but not working. However, I could hear them drilling at 7. This hotel is not worth if you will be in your room between 7 am and 5 pm.

The hotel is nice and modern. Location is great.

• King Room with City View

I did not have a bath tub in my room, only a shower and for the additional monies I would have wished for a bathtub.

The location of the hotel is great, the room was comfortable but I paid extra for a renovated room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Stayed here for three nights with my daughter for a quick trip. The room was standard Hyatt room, but they did give us a room with a view of the Place des Arts which was cool. Great location right by the Desjardins underground mall, and close to 2 metro stations where you don't have to walk in the freezing cold to get to them. Lots of museums and restaurants close by. The staff was very helpful in making recommendations, and getting us a taxi to leave for the airport at 3:00 a.m.!!! I'd highly recommend this property.

• King Room with City View

It was New Year's Eve when we arrived and a slow-moving queue at the check-in counters. The staff was friendly but the processing of customers slow and hotel guests had to wear paper bracelets for security reasons to show that they were guests, since there was also a New Year's party going on in the hotel. Such amusement park-style bracelets are not very dignified and I did not like them. Later we decided to extend our stay in the hotel with one night and it took five calls from the room to reception to supposedly arrange with the extension as I kept being put on hold, got no reply or the call was cut. In the end it seemed I had managed to extend the stay thus by phone but later it turned out that the extension has not been registerred. In the end I got the extension registerred by going down to the reception - and the price I was given then was different (lower) than the one I had been given by phone! As mentioned above, staff was friendly but confused. The breakfast choice was rather poor given the relatively high price for it.

The hotel offered valet parking but there was also an underground public paid parking with an elevator to the hotel. It was very cheap at 11 CAD per 24 H, spacious and warm (around 15 C), which was a big advantage when the weather was really cold outside. The renovated room we had was comfortable and nicely designed though the bathroom sliding door was rickety.

• King Room with City View

Two elevators to access room made it a bit annoying when checking in and out. Rooms also seemed a bit small.

The hotel staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. The front lobby and entrance are very clean and spacious. Plaza connected to hotel made shopping super convenient especially during a particular chilly weekend.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

Room was dated and didn’t match the lobby area. Room was clean enough but needed bringing in line with the rest of the hotel.

Location great. Lobby area very nice. Good swimming pool.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

All the different sets of elevators was a bit confusing.

Loved the location, with teacher convention on site along with my room, and easy access to stores and restaurants!!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

better instructions about parking (it's best to park across the street for $15day/night)

Great sauna and steam room. Comfy beds too. Great view!!!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

The room was just ok - no better than a Holiday Inn really. The worst thing was the elevator system which meant taking the elevator to one floor and then walking to a different location to take a second elevator. There were clearly not enough elevators and lines were very long.

The location is great. Can walk to many attractions, restaurants, shopping. The staff was very very nice.

Not too excited for the breakfast variety though :)

We upgraded to have access to Regency Club and breakfast with top floor room. It was AMAZING !!!! front desk staffs and house keeping staffs were super super super professional, sweet, kind and helpful. So helpful with small children and the pool with sauna and over all was GREAT...

Slow elevators

Location across from the Musee d’Art Contemporain, events , easy walking , easy access to taxi The pool / steam room we used every day, friendly staffs , Montreal is a very welcoming city

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

Sound insulation from the corridor as well as from the water system at night is poor. One night I woke up as someone took a bath at 3 am in the morning. Also, the chatter and laughing of people returning at 1 am and passing the room will not go unnoticed, however noise from the street well contained.

Top location, shopping, entertainment, restaurants (or food court just 4 floors down from the lobby), metro/bus station, everything is close. Chinatown / Old Port just 15-20 min walk. Rooms not really fresh but clean. Beds are comfy. Complimentary coffee and water in Room. Very flexible house keeping staff. Overall very friendly and welcoming staff. Breakfast ok, but nothing special.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

- suite is great for families especially with older kids - new rooms very well designed providing for privacy, very spacious with 1-1/2 baths; a better description of the room's facilities would surely help others to choose this option when making up their minds (ie. not clear there is 1/2 bath which is a great feature etc.) - interesting views - beautiful pool facilities - overall cleanliness very good - breakfast option as inclusion in rate is great for families - chanelling a sophisticated vibe overall - great location and access within the Complexe Desjardins

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

the room was not ready... they gave us a upgrade room but the dust was there... cannot find an electric switch to plug just behind the little desk or under the table no breakfast because was only possible after 6h30 in the morning the view was on the parking lot...

the guy at the reception who was nice

After paying for breakfast, still espresso, capuccino like coffees are extra charged :( only club members excluded

Renovated rooms, extra comfy beds, breakfast, excellent location, bar area, front desk (staff was very helpful,we would like to thank Alexandre for his assistance)

Renovated large room Large comfortable bed Good bathroom facilities Convenient parking underneath Shopping centre underneath Good location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The parking attendance super helpful and very welcoming. The life guard on staff very charming and ensuring our family was fully enjoying themselves. Front desk staff very cold. Only answered questions you asked. Didn't take initiative to tell us about the facilities, on site restaurants, things to do.... felt like they couldn't be bothered. They also where not attending anyone at the time.

• King Room with City View

Bathroom needed updated with a vent fan,safety bars, and cracks fixed. Our room was NOT ready at 4:00 even though we arrived and registered at 11:00 a.m. We knew our room would not be ready then but after 4:00 was ridiculous. Also, the manager at the counter was curt in his replies and not very welcoming.

Valet parking was expensive but convenient. Breakfast buffet was good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

Room very outdated. Elevators are also very old

Very outdated room considering the cost. Had to take elevator to lobby from ground floor which is logistically challenging

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Only one shower in the unit.

Our suite had a separate bedroom for the couple I was rooming with. We had a great view from our window. Great location for exploring downtown Montreal.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

I booked most of the hotels in this trip while driving to reach my final destination every day. I check only the good recommended places to stay from Trip advisors website and booked most of the hotels by Booking.com as I have a saved app on my phone. I clearly read breakfast is included at room cost when I decided to book this hotel . When checked in I reconfirmed at reception that breakfast is included at room cost. Next morning when checking out,the service desk lady charged additional $52. for breakfast for 2 persons . I told her - I read , understood and reconfirmed at the time of check in last night but she asked me to show the proof . It was totally embarrassing and disgusting that a hotel with such a good band reputation treat their guests in such a manner in front of a busy crowd as if I'm lying?? I paid in full whatever they billed but posted my experience at their website to caution future hotel searchers. Also,I had to wait for check in for over 20 odd minutes for someone to show up at the service desk and my baggages delivered at our room after 1.5 hours of my check in . Service industry remembered for their quality of service they provide, not only for the location or cleanliness. Hope this helps.

Location, clean room, breakfast with many choices.

really nothing.

The staff were very Polite and Professional. The rooms timely cleaned and the Rooms spacious with modern large screen television. The morning break fast was superb and above all the location of the hotel was apt.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - High Floor

we ordered kids burger from room service. size was huge for kids food and it was tasteless the bun was pretzels which is hard for kids and the patty was tasteless

walking distance to the old city and notre dam basilica. nice location indoor swimming pool was nice

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

Bathtub not too clean. Needa regrouting of tiles.disappointed about itd look and cleanliness and. Sink is always plugged up. Drains very very slowly

• King Room with Sofa Bed - High Floor

The bathroom door in my room was a sliding door without a lock. And since we had kids wih us we will assign someone to hold our 3 years old kid so he wouldn't open the door while you are showering or using the bathroom. Some families friends are okay with possibility of the bathroom door being open easily but for us we didn't.

Liked the location! However I believe it's more suitable for people who love to party as there was a party in front of the hotel that made night walking hard with kids. Great room service and food for the tapas! Ordered Thai chicken meat balls and they were delicious

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

Sadly, the evening we arrived there was a concert right outside and it had loud, blasting music until midnight. We were not informed about this prior to arrival or at arrival and it was very discomforting - not allowing us to sleep until well past midnight. We complained to management and they informed us that since our booking was through Booking.com that maybe you could provide us some compensation. Going forward we will not book anywhere until contacting the hotel we are interested in directly to inquire about any situations going on that may ruin our stay.

Location was excellent. 15 minute walk to both McGill University and Old Montreal. St Catherine street is a pedestrian walk right outside the door.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

No breakfasts included, but so many great cafes and coffee shops right around hotel, it wasn't a problem

Location was perfect-- right by contemporary art museum and great shopping; ten minute walk to Old Montreal. Parking garage right on premises was only $11/day (no in and out)

• Double Room - Smoking

staff was incredibly nice and helpful. had a blast! ONLY: I wish (as others do) the pool was open a little later for people coming back from dinner, 9pm seems too early to close :)

• King Room with City View

It can be a little confusing because you have to take 2-3 different elevators to go to your room, to the common/check in area, to where the underground parking is but that's minor. Maybe add more variety for breakfast foods.

The venue/hotel is very nice and clean inside. It is a 15 min. walking distance to Old Montreal and 15 min. walking distance the opposite way to Downtown. There is a mall attached inside which is quite unique and it has a vibrant layout. Even though the shops were closed by the time we looked in the mall, it was aesthetically pleasing and you are still able to walk around inside. The staff was excellent, many knew how to speak 2 or more languages, they were so friendly and always willing to help when asked.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

No concierge to answer local info to a couple checking in.. 1 person checking in with lots of airline personnel.. Long wait for check in... room a bit dated.. tiles in bathroom ik...

The bed amazing... The valet guy who's been there for years was Great.. I like being able to go downstairs in mall for coffee and food in morning..

• King Room with City View

The hotel has a very strange way of getting to reception. From the only entrance (which looks like you're going into the garage area - You have to take a very slow elevator (of which there are only 2) to the reception area. These elevators are so slow, there are actually sometimes line ups to get in one. They fill up fast during check out times. From lobby, you check in and then have to go to another set of elevators hidden around a corner to get to your room. A real labyrinth - not well designed at all during busy times. Room was OK, but simple and not worth the exorbitant $379/night that I paid. Won't be going back.

Only real good thing about this hotel is it's location, which is central and close to everything.

• King Room with City View

Did not like the sliding door to the bathroom as it did not afford privacy. Also, the drawers and shelving were very dusty on arrival. Our room wasn't cleaned one day. We were out until 3 pm, and were told when we called housekeeping that they had until 4 pm, and could send someone to clean, which we declined because we had been out all day.

Stayed in a renovated room. It was nicely appointed and very comfortable. Great view of Place des Arts.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Would be nice if an extra staff is added to reception desk when the airline crew is checking in.

No complaints. Bed was very comfy. Reception staff was kind and courteous. Special thanks to Amine who checked us in. It was our anniversary and first time at this hotel. He extended his congrats and gave us a room with an excellent view.

LONG wait at registration desk. Only two people were registering guests on a Friday afternoon at the height of Montreal's Comedy Festival so it took 45 min for us to get our keys. The property is right at the festival venue and they should have been much better prepared. The hotel was under repairs and only a couple of elevators were working. Lines for elevators were very long the entire weekend. People were aggressively pushing to get to an open elevator every time... strange experience at a Hyatt property. The elevators leading from the garage to the lobby had a strong smell of burnt rubber, which again made for a poor experience at what we expected from an upscale hotel. The streets to the hotel were closed off on Friday and Saturday nights as there were masses of pedestrians in and around the area during the festivals. The hotel was woefully under prepared for this and didn't notify the guests of the closures or alternate ways to get back to the hotel. Food at the breakfast buffet was fine (only fine) for the prices we had paid for our two Club rooms. I had just stayed at the Hyatt Manchester in San Diego a few weeks before but had a much superior experience from start to finish.

Room was upgraded and clean. The Club Room facility was nice, food was ok.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

Amazing stay...this hotel is close to everything! Beautiful hotel!!! It is kinda of crowded at certain hours, but I didn't mind that at all! The rooms are nice, we had a modern room on the 20th floor. Hotel is very clean. I payed extra for regency club, this includes breakfast, snack (water, soda and cookies) H'orderves and dessert. I was so happy with my stay! I went in August which is the perfect time to go.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

* The room had a permanent musty/sour smell * A concert was performing each night during our stay (played until 12am) and the rooms did not block any sound of the horrible noise * The bathroom was awkwardly set up (light switch outside the room, shower/bath fixtures werent aligned, etc) and the water pressure was non-existent. *Elevators are extremely slow (only 3 were working) and you need to take several to get around the hotel (to the parking and to the street) * The room lighting is based only on desk lamps so at night there isn't a lot of light. (There's only 1 window, and a wall covered by curtains in the room).

* It was within walking distance to the venue we needed. * Breakfast buffet was yummy and had a wide range of food (but expensive $25/person) * Withing range of many Pokestops/gyms * Walking distance to China Town * Wifi was limited to a certain number of devices, but had good service in the room (not high speed, but still decent.)

• King Room with City View

The elevators take forever, I waited 20 minutes (no exageration) to go down one morning. I heard at least 30-40 guests complain about elevators. Although the room I had had been updated, there was a bad smell in it. The water would not drain from the shower. The in-room dining menu wasn't good.

The only thing I liked was the staff.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

Not enough light at the bathroom mirror after renovation.

This is hotel has a Great location. Also it has very friendly and helpful staff. Room where we stayed was newely renovated

• King Room with City View

The bed and linens were uncomfortable. The room had no drawers or actual closets. Clothes had to be hung from an open rack, which was a bit unsightly. The A/C was very noisy and kept us awake. When we checked in there was only one person at reception and he was unable to answer any of the questions we asked about the area. There was no concierge most of the time so we were on our own. The access to the hotel requires a strange elevator ride up to reception and the approach to the hotel was hard to locate. Worst of all, of the hotel's four elevators three were being serviced. This meant a long wait and, as we were on the 20th floor, a very crowded and long (stops at every floor) descent and ascent.

The location was very good.

• King Room with Club Access

As a frequent traveller staying almost everytime on the Regency Club floor, this time is definitely a big disappointment! Breakfasts were not served in the Regency Club Lounge but at the coffee shop! Lounge was opened at 9 am and not at 6:30 am. No Regency Club services; during Cocktail hours , there was just one staff on duty, we have to inform the Front office staff to replenish the snacks items. Coffee machine not working properly, milk dispenser out of order. We have to ask for soft drinks as the fridge was empty, asked for lemon and was told there is no lemon. No slippers and toothbrush in the room. The Mini bar was empty.

The bed and Housekeeping service.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

The elevators .Too much people and with a toddler we had to go down seven flights of stairs with a stroller because the wait to get into the elevator was to long and most of the guest at this hotel did not care if you had a child at all.

we had dinner that was fine

• King Room with City View

Shower walls had mildew and loose tiles. Water leak above stairs near elevator Elevator to outside was uncomfortable. Furniture in lobby need updating. Need more pub seating on the terrace.

Bedding was top quality.Linen changed on request

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

pillows not so great very flat woke up with a headache. room was very pricey plus the breakfast eggs were very salty and under cooked

the hotel is great perfect location to everything. I was upgraded from a two beds room to a king bed room that was good friendly staff always.

We arrived at 9:30. We did not expect our rooms to be ready. We left our bags and toured the city. We returned at 4:00 and our rooms were still not ready. We waited about 45 minutes, went to the desk and complained and then we were assigned rooms.

Location was right in the middle of the jazz festival

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View

The location was great , easy access to all tour attractions . the indoor pool was fantastic and the courtyard very nice .Breakfast was fresh and very well prepared

• King Room with City View

They have a terrible elevator system. Spent way too much time waiting for overcrowded elevators and needed to take two elevators to get to our room. Very poor

Location is great.

• King Room with Club Access

Expected so much more from this hotel, given Hyatt is considered to be a premium brand. Paid extra for Regency Club. Yes, room was on a higher floor, but view was non existent. We faced looking over the shopping complex roof.... Room service was also spotty. Upon arrival... had to call in housekeeping to clean out the contents in the fridge...leftovers that were stuck on the bottom...still in a container...Day two...shower overflow, flooded the bathroom and room entrance. Left for the day to return after 4pm to no room clean up. Had to make a call to ask for housekeeping to make up room. Day 3... room clean by our later return... but no towels. Was able to see housekeeping on the floor and asked for towels. Didn't notice until later...our Kleenex was empty. Took 2 conversations with the front desk and me also calling housekeeping myself over a 4 hour period to finally get a box delivered to the room. Just noticed now...our water was not replenished either. No morning coffee in the room now. Elevators were also not up to expectations...at times it seemed like only 2 or 3 were operating...Being on the 18th floor and constantly being on a cattle run each time we needed to use the elevator required a lot of patience.

The Regency Club room on the main floor had a nice selection of hor derves at 5pm. You could also grab a coffee/tea/water or soft drinks during the day. A full breakfast was available that provided a good selection of fruits, pastries, and breakfast fare to serve everyone in your group. We chose this hotel while we attended the Jazz Festival. It's location was great to be right at the festival and within 5 minutes of our paid for concerts.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

The elevator situation was a little intense, there was always a long wait to get down and always a line to get up. It was also a bit frustrating to have to get in one elevator at street level, arrive in the lobby, and then have to walk to another elevator to get to the rooms.

Pretty standard hotel with all the "normal" amenities and a great location.

• King Room with City View

Under construction. Dirty in places such as the hallways. Elevators were very slow with only 2 out of 4 working most of the time. Room was not available at check in. Forces to get upset with the front desk staff in order to get a room even after check in time.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• King Room with Club Access

Housekeeping rather lax this time.Replenishment of toileteris and water inconsistent and forgotten though I was booked in the top end Regency club level. Disappointing as earlier stay a week earlier was perfect

Unrivalled location

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

I don't really like large hotels as they are impersonal and always busy, but that's my fault for booking one!

The beds were very comfortable and we had a great view of the Concert Hall. The restaurant served good food and was convenient.

• King Room with Club Access

Checking in always a problem with long queues. Inexplicably slow . Also the business lounge not well stocked. Ran out of water practically everyday!Quite unusual and astonishing that such a basic item was not replenished

The newly refurbished rooms. Superbly designed and unique. Outstanding

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• King Room with City View

IF you charge like a luxurious hotel, you should be one! Horribly overpriced for that place. Not competible with Le Meridien or Hilton that charge the same price/night.

the location is excellent

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

I did not like the fact that even though I had a confirmation booking they gave my room away because I booked through booking. Com and not them. If they don't want people coming in from booking.com. You guys should let us know

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

The customer service was poor. Our room wasn't ready on time, we waited 2.5 hours over check in time for our room. They gave us keys to a room already occupied and then our final room key didn't open the door so back down we went. We were kept awake by people partying in the rooms and hallways. Front desk didn't care too much about our position, disturbance and security issues. We were given a hotel credit of $50 for our over $600 fee for 2 nights. Will not return.

Lounge was comfortable and the design was lovely. Location to activities and shopping was great.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

We booked a city view room but when we arrived the hotel we found that they sold our room to other guest and they gave us a room with no view. The breakfast food was very poor. Elevator very slowly.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

Liked the location . The room was ok would have liked the pool to be open later since we arrived at 8:00 pm but had to go eat first , by the time we we're done the pool was closed

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and View

The elevators are awful . The rooms in the down floors are not furnished very well tthey are old .

The special apologise from the hotel staff when I wasn't satisfied with my check in . They upgraded the room to a beautiful sweet .the sttaf were good Specially ( Daniel ) who was so polite and helpful . He responded to my complaint quickly.

• King Room with Club Access

The staff were not always friendly, but I surmise that was because we only spoke English. Was charged $160 Canadian for car parking - we did not have a car. It was removed, but another example that you must check your bill.

The room was quite large and comfortable, but it appeared a little tired.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was clean, however in need of updating. The shower is old and room is quite dated.

The lobby has a nice large bar area with fireplace and big screen television.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• King Room with City View

The hotel was under construction 🔨. There was drilling and banging at 9am through the evening. I paid extra for a room with a view. The view was terrible. The bathroom products were great. The bathroom was dingy. The elevators were rickety.

Browse Hyatt Regency Montreal traveller photo gallery