Reviews of Hyatt Regency Vancouver 5 stars

655 Burrard Street, V6C 2R7 Vancouver, Canada

#27 of 81 hotels in Vancouver

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Way overpriced for what you get. No concierge. No food available at bar at 9:40 pm. They redid the rooms on the upper floor which were nice but small double beds not queen. We will choose another hotel next time we go.

Great walking location to harbor and many great spots.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - High Floor

Breakfast and the facility. I choose the 2 rooms but was not providid. Rooms are small for two beds. Price is more than you were priced. Hotel change US dollar to Canadian dollar but not vice versa.

Restaurant is serving just the common breakfast foods like bacon, eggs , omelette.

Everything was great!

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and housekeeping was amazing. The location is very central and not far from a hop on hop off bus pickup.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The price was a bit a high.

The gentleman at the registration desk was helpful by reccomending places to visit nearby the Hotel. The hotel was the best I have ever stayed at.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I had asked if my floor would be quite..i was assured it would be however every morning I heard children being very noisy..overly That was a bit unsettling..love children ..just not beside my room or close by..

Really enjoyed the bed and pillows

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing, it was a great hotel!

The rooms were big and spacious. Great location, very convenient. Service was great and staff were all vert friendly. It was really worth the price.

Little bit dirty. When I entered my room, there's still garbage in the trash can inside bathroom. The comfort looked lije tge picture under light.

Good location with fine stuff.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Balcony

I did not like that I had to pay $80 for parking for 2 days. The beds were full size instead of queen. When never mentioned when booking. The room was very small. The view from the balcony was not worth extra $70. You could see another roof only. Nothing around.

I liked that is was in the middle of the city. They had a Starbucks in the Lobby. Close to shops and mall.

• King Room - High Floor

I'm a stickler for pillows.. my only complaint.. the pillows were too soft and fluffy. I like a more firm pillow.

Beautiful view, beautiful hotel. The staff was super friendly and personable. Seem to really like their jobs :) Close to everything, with a Skytrain station out the door, and Starbucks in the lobby.

• Deluxe King Room with View

There was nothing not to like

The facilty was quite comfortable and professional as well as the staff. Would defiantly stay again when visiting Vancouver

• King Room with Balcony and City View

It was more of a business hotel than I expected. However I liked the rain shower and decore

I appreciated the balcony and the city view. Great location just off Robson Street. Only two blocks away from world class dining and shopping

• King Room - High Floor

$100 dog fee, parking is $40 a day with no refund if you check out early, paper thin walls, horrible staff, old fixtures. I hated it for $220 a day!

The hotel is extremely expensive for the service and quality of experience

• King Room with Balcony and City View

There was something weird on the ceiling, but it didn't effect me too much. There was construction on the floor above me which I woke up to but they didn't start until later in the day (past 10) so it didn't effect me that much.

The bed was very comfy and the room was spacious, and well designed! Tim Hortons, McDonald's, and Starbucks less than a minute walk away. Location was perfect!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pillows not so good, no shoe cleaning cloth

Easy access to downtown, food excellent in resteraunt, chambermaids came at a good time so not to disturb or rush us in morning

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Had very noisy neighbors late in the night, hotel staff dealt with this promptly and in a professional manner, would happily stay again. Great location if you're transiting on to Whistler as the bus stops right outside.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

After a late check in at 3.00am because of an hour delay at the desk over my means of payment there was hammering & sawing above my room from 8.00am ONWARDS!!

The bed

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with View

I didn't like that our garbage car beside our elevator was overflowing with garbage the whole time we were there and we ran out of TP and had to call down for some more.

I really liked the location and views

• Deluxe King Room with View

The fact we couldnot stay longer, due to interruption in travel because of excessive snow in Scotland.

Super comfortable bed. No problems sleeping. Room quiet. Superb. Staff at reception very helpful. Travel delays meant not able to book in on selected day. No charge for very late cancellation. Ecellent service. Would recommend.

A little confusion the next morning when I went to retrive my car from the valet service, initially could not find the keys....but it worked out in the end.

Front desk - assistant manager Alex Kim, extremely personable, sent a bottle of wine to the room as it was a special occasion.....as very attentive.

• King Room with Balcony

Walking distance to everything - shopping - dining - not right on busy Granville St. - one street over - near subway - close walk to the water - great restaurants on site and close by

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - High Floor

I wish the restaurants/cafes maintained later hours - usually my free time comes late in the day, and I like to see as much of the city as possible before returning for a late dinner, and I usually have to leave quite early on my departure day - so late or really early hours would be better for me - but these are small (and rather extreme) wishes. Overall, I greatly enjoy my time at the Hyatt Regency in Vancouver, and only wish it could be longer.

The front desk personnel, especially Pedro, couldn’t have been more helpful. They solved every problem or unforeseen snag and helped make my stay exceptional. The view in my room was invigorating and awesome.

• King Room with Balcony

The hostess at the restaurant had an awful attitude. Not bad enough for me to bother getting her name, but bad enough that we both felt awkward until our server came over and smoothed things over. We also found a single cockroach in our room. Not a huge deal, it probably just hightailed it in in someone else’s bag or something. The hotel seemed really really clean so I’m sure that was an isolated incident. We told front desk and they looked panicked so I’m sure it doesn’t happen often. It was just a bit of a scare on the bathroom counter at 6am.

Check in and check out was super easy, and all but one staff member that we dealt with was phenomenal. The front desk was great! They sent someone up super fast with ice and champagne glasses when we called, and they were also great about giving us some room on the checkout time after I got sick. The restaurant was great too and our server only charged us for one buffet charge instead of two because we didn’t eat a lot, which was super nice. In the room, the bed was the comfiest I’ve ever slept on and our balcony view was amazing!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I had an disability room. The shower head spun when the water ran and did not stay in one position. The shower corners were dirty. There was no magnifying mirror, I have poor sight without glasses. The towels were rough. Poor choice of channels.

Comfy bed. Pillows not so good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Balcony

Poorly sound insulated walls/doors. I stayed twice in different rooms and we could hear the neighbors talking. Expensive (really) parking. No comfy 24h lounge/cafe. Coffee? Meh. Luckily there are Artigiano and Faubourg cafe nearby.

location, spacious room, nice staffs, plenty of restaurants and shops nearby

• Deluxe King Room with View

The variety of food on the menu was a little strange but not a big deal.

Considering we travelled in a peak period, the service was remarkable. The hot tub/gym and restaurants and bar were maintained to a high standard even with the amount of guests. The bed was divine!!!! The view rooms are great on a clear day but not spectacular. You mainly just see buildings. Bath was small but did the job. The location of this hotel is superb. Short walk to Robson St shopping and food and even shorter to Canada Place. There is a bus and train stop within 10 metres of the hotel. Starbucks in the hotel lobby was a bonus. Great place, couldn’t fault it.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The location of the hotel is great to get out and about and see all that Vancouver has to offer. The room was clean and the bed was super comfy. The breakfast has such a wide range on offer that it would please all tastes.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The parking is very expensive. The recommendation of the staff was to pay for the hotel instead of paying the parking directly... but it became even more expensive (they sad it would be cheaper but not true).

The breakfast is expensive but very good. The location of the hotel is near attractions and good restaurants.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

"double"-beds are uncomfortable, sagging in the middle and not suitable for double occupancy. Standard American hotel and facilities 4* rating would be more appropriate.

Good central location for shopping and not far from the waterfront. Helpful and friendly staff. Fair value for family travel.

Nothing. We loved it all

Location is the best. Price was awesome. We walked everywhere we needed to and shuttle buses are just outside to the further destinations. Would highly recommend

Great atmosphere on arrival (gingerbread house competition) Friendly staff Restaurant staff friendly Bed comfortable Snow bus departs from downstairs

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was tired and needed updating - paint/doors. Bathroom very basic, shower pressure and temp terrible. No glasses or mugs provided, just two plastic Starbucks cups, very odd. Basic/no selection of in-room snacks. Room service menu limited/terrible. TV remote not working properly. Stayed in a two double bed room - by no means is it suitable for 4 people as advertised! Three of us adults did not fit, the beds are basically large singles. Definitely not a 5 star property, is 4 star basic hotel.

Lovely staff at buffet breakfast, front desk and bell desk. Restaurant has great views, good selection for buffet breakfast. Great location right in centre of town.

we were located by the lifts which was noisy, I was very surprised to be able to hear the people walking around in the room above us and next door to us, I stay in hotels all the time and this is the first that this has happen. I didn't get much sleep with the noise from above being loud. concierge uninterested in helping us with our request for some milk, he told us to go to Macdonalds........ not really exceptable

the room was large with a king size bed, good view we were on the 22 floor, beds were comfy

poor sound insulation, sound travels from room to room, constant walking noises from guests above us, construction noise within building, very long waiting lines of sometimes 15 minutes at breakfast rush-our

very comfortable bed, recently renovated room

• Deluxe King Room with View

Decor a little sparse but that doesn’t matter when you’re out exploring all day!

We liked the large size of the room and the large comfy bed. Also the staff were really attentive whenever we requested any extra amenities to be brought to our room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had to request for every single thing (new bed linnen, new cups, take the wine glasses back, ... yeah the towels on the floor are for you to change) Also. we stayed over during the Xmass & New Year period, and the hotel didn't get us any extra (it could have been as simple as a kind word on a card, or a candy, or anything...)

The staff was realy polite. Very well located in downtown Vancouver.

The location was very convenient for us since it was close to shops and everything we wanted to visit especially the Christmas Market which was walking distance from the hotel. The nearby Burrard Station made it easy for us to visit the Metropolis Mall which was recommended by the hotel staff. A wide spread to choose from during breakfast. Very helpful staff.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It could have had the pool inside with also a sauna and steam room and not hot tub and pool outside.

Rooms are cleaned very quickly each day and service is 110%

NIL

the staff were all very helpful and professional. they were among the best i have encountered in my many years of travel around the world. And the breakfast was delightful and delicious

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

A little bit of noise from the room next door.

The hotel was very conveniently located within walking distance to restaurants, bars, shops and transport. The beds were very comfortable and we had a nice view of a church and park from our room. We stayed Christmas Eve and night and were lucky enough to get a few flakes of snow on Christmas Day, our first whiteish Christmas! We are staying here from Australia enroute to Whistler to meet up with our children for a ski holiday, so are very happy to be so close to Burrard Station to catch the Whistler Express.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I would not rate this hotel as 5 star. For one, there are no beverages in the rooms. The fridge was totally empty. When I arrived no one greeted and assisted with baggage. The reception area is not near the entry so it’s difficult to find. The staff were average. The restaurant food for dinner was very average and overpriced. $35.00 for a salad. Breakfast was much better except I ate two rashers of bacon, one spoonful of scrambled eggs and a coffee and it was $35.00. There was a cockroach in the bathroom basin when I went in to wash. Would not stay here again. For $635.00 for two nights it’s is worst, overpriced hotel I have ever stayed in. Hyatt, lift your standards.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bed was very soft and I kept hearing the springs every time we tossed and turned in bed. Not too sure if it was because our room was older? My parents had a room that was kind of dusty, as in the table seemed to be covered in dust perpetually

Rooms were clean and staff were very helpful in sharing family friendly restaurants nearby

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very noisy place. Heard doors open and close from other rooms. The black drapes... The mattress.

Location is great, very close to the train station. Spacious room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room lacks a bit of amenities, sound insulations not good esp in my room through the connecting doors people chatting next door are loud - though in my case they were chatting loudly pas midnight with other guests and the hotel quickly took care of this issue seriously.

Superb location, very helpful staffs, spacious room

Housekeeping forgot us, no room tidy at all, so I had to ask for morning coffee packs. Reused paper cup, garbage piling up. No signage re driving up, and not a typical 10 min only parking for check in. You have to go down into a parkade not sure if you should be before checking in. Taxi driver got out of his vehicle to help us. $100 pet fee for a two night stay seems excessive.

The staff are warm and friendly, a definite plus.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

All members of the staff are very friendly and helpful. The beds are super comfortable. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was amazing! The location is great for walking around the city. Close to shops, only a few short blocks to the waterfront & Vancouver Convention Center. Very close to Skytrain and other public transport.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The Burrard station which is next to the hotel is not of much use as I’d rather take the City Centre Station to the airport so I don’t have to switch line.

Hotel room is huge. Breakfast has wide selection.

• King Room with Balcony

very noicy (not insulated well), poor breakfast, loud breakfast room, the furniture in not adequate to 5* hotel,

Very good location, superior bed, good cleaning, balcony

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The location was perfect. We were able to walk to our conference, Stanley Park, Gastown, Yaletown and the Granville Island Ferry! The breakfast was pricey, but well worth it! The selection was excellent and had some unique and very tasty dishes for a hotel restaurant.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bath towels could have been larger but we were able to request extras from housekeeping so wasn't too much of a problem. We had difficulty getting hold of a kettle as they had all run out on the night we arrived. We weren't given one until a few days later, by which time our family in Vancouver had lent us one. As typical English, we needed a kettle for our morning cuppa. :D More than one bag of breakfast tea a day would have been nice too as well as some extra milk. We also weren't a fan of the paper disposable cups and would have preferred some proper china ones. Found the lighting in the room a little dark even with all the main lights and lamps switched on.

The room was spacious and comfortable with the beds being very comfortable indeed. We had booked the room for 4 adults to share the 2 doubles. It was a little tight so the hotel offered another rollout bed which was placed in the corridor for an extra $30 for the duration of our stay. The bathroom was clean and the toiletries were of good quality and topped up every day. The housekeeping staff were very friendly and always left our room clean and tidy with fresh towels and toiletries. There is a small mall connected to the hotel with a 24hr McDonalds and Tim Hortons. As well as a drug store which sells a small selection of groceries - very handy to buy snacks and essentials for the fridge (drinks, milk, etc...) The location was excellent. Within walking distance of Vancouver Port, Gastown and many areas. The Skytrain station next to the hotel provided a good link to travel outside the main city (to Surrey). And just down the road, the City Centre Skytrain station provided a quick and convenient trip into the airport (about 25 mins).

• Deluxe King Room with View

The first day there was a couple with at least one kid in the room next to me and I was able to hear everything (baby screaming, parents talking....). It seemed to be an adjoining room but when used as separate rooms the soundproofing for each was not good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Balcony

Covered pool area or retractable roof, it rained and we could not get to swim nor use Jacuzzi.

Lilian at the front desk is amazing! She was so attentive to our needs and has outstanding customer service skills. Other staff members were nice too!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not keen on the shower over the bath, but this seems to be the norm in Canada. Breakfast was nice but expensive (CAD33).

Very nice hotel in the heart of town - would be excellent for business travel (large desk, lots of power/internet/USB outlets). Still comfortable for leisure travel, spacious room and a nice little heated outdoor pool and spa which were welcome after a day touring. Tour buses meet right outside the Hyatt for downtown pickups. Train station is next door and the ferry/cruise terminal just a few blocks down the road. We had a delicious, reasonably priced light dinner in the Mosaic restaurant.

• King Room with Balcony

Fitout could be a bit fresher the wood panels are a bit dated. Curtains are also dated but simply cosmetic.

The room is quite large, relatively modern bathroom . Bed is very comfortable and the shower is great.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

No complimentary slippers! A kettle for a cup of tea would be very useful too. I thought the foyer downstairs was too small for such a large hotel and looking into the Starbucks coffee shop was not ideal.

The bed was fabulous.The staff were always helpful and responsive.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Paying was problematic...computers were frozen...total of bill did not match booking price (no extras were bought)... but after my saying that The booked price should be honoured it was..it took over 30 minutes to check out

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our room was in the corner so the next room was very close to us and everything that was said in that next room could be heard along with the constant coughing and spitting. The people above us were stomping around very late at night and very early in the morning.

Loved the location of this hotel. All of the street shops and travel locations were an easy walk. The hotel facilities were very clean and well taken care of and the staff was very helpful and accommodating. We parked in the underground parking which also serves as a public parking space as well and the front desk informed us that on the weekends its cheaper to just pay the public parking fee instead of the hotel parking fee which was very helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only bad thing was the bed, it was horribly uncomfortable. Other than that everything was great!

The location was awesome and the staff was very helpful. The rooms were clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

hand shower in the shower instead of just a rain shower. Free water?

pretty good but seemed a little dated...the hotel was not modern really.... the location is great but there were some things lacking....

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Having booked 2 rooms 4K Canadian specifically in a Hyatt where I am a loyalty gold member, I am ineligible for loyalty points as I booked via Bookimg.com . Why is this. Will preventbme using you again if situation remains as is.

Spacious rooms downtown location

• Regency Club King Room

Nice room on the club level with a great view overlooking the city. The staff were excellent and go out of their way to make sure that you have a great stay. The breakfast and snacks offered were ok but could do with a little more variety especially if you don't eat meat. All alcoholic beverages were served at an extra charge.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Business Double Room

Very clean and modern in entrance, could use a little work as there was a stain on the ceiling in the washroom

We had a king bed with a cot for 1 adult and 2 teenagers. The cot was not that comfortable and should of chose 2 queen beds next time. The noise from the balcony kept us awake, but did like having a balcony. Next time even though the view would be worse I would face the pool as I think it would have been quieter.

• Business Double Room

Didn't get the double room I reserved!! When promised a double roll away bed, we got a single mattress on the floor! Forced to sleep 3 deep in a King bed. Continuously got towels for 3 people, not 4. They said we didn't get our reserved room because we used a 3rd party to make reservations!

Nice restaurant with great breakfast buffet!

• Deluxe King Room with View

The hotel and the room did not have any of the extra amenities that I expected based on the price.

The staff at the front desk and in the restaurants was welcoming and efficient. The location was excellent as it was a short walking distance to the various attractions such as the Vancouver Art Gallery, the Waterfront, and Stanley Park.

• King Room with Balcony

I wish it had a vending machine or shop inside the hotel to get some soda's after the restaurants/bars close. The closest 24 hour place to get a drink is McDonalds.

The view was fantastic. The staff was so great and accommodating. The facilities were clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with View

Much too expensive. It did not look like ã 5-star hotel. If you are going to spend that kind of money, go to a nicer hotel. total bill for one room, including breafast, was 1750$ for two nights

location,

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with View

The staff at the lounge at the lobby, have not seen more rude staff her name was Eric had v bad experience on 19th night with this lady serving us at bar, don't know for what reason she was rude... we left the bar and didn't go again throughout our stay.. looks like v old property not worth the price at all, will not come again nor recommend...

• King Room with Balcony

Would have preferred a hotel style coffee shop in the lobby rather than Starbucks

Very well placed to explore beautiful Vancouver on foot. Friendly staff. Comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great value in the center of a great city. Save over $150 per night as compared to their 5 star neighbour and use the money each day for a great dinner in a multitude of restaurants all within walking distance of the hotel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

No slippers (run out); towels were worn and not soft white; Nothing in fridge; Kettle needs to be asked for;

Location is awesome !Staffs are friendly and helpful;

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Regency Club Double Room

Location was awesome. Staff were amazing. Extremely helpful and concierge was fantastic. Room was comfortable, good size and clean. Loved it. Hotel was also right next door to sky train which is a definite plus.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The in-room coffee was way too strong. We hated it, and there was not enough whitener supplied. We would have enjoyed an indoor pool, and, like many other hotels, there was only one comfortable chair in the room.

The bed was comfortable. The room was spacious and had a great view. The elevator operation was very convenient.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Dogs in hotel, breakfast was not worth the price. Service at breakfast was poor, more interested in his phone in the draw than serving.

The room and location was great

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

As far as we could tell, everything was fine and very efficient.

The food was very good, a good selection available. Friendly staff and service in the restaurant.

• Business King Room

Sirens at all times of the day and night. Lots of ambulances.

The room service food always arrived hot with a very friendly server who was knowledgeable about his city and made sure I knew them as well.

• King Room with Balcony

Super comfy bed. Really friendly and helpful staff. Very clean and easy to navigate. Star bucks in the lobby and Tim Hortons and McDonald right outside the door