Reviews of Imperial Inn 1000 Islands 3 stars

555 King Street East, K7G 1H1 Gananoque, Canada

#13 of 19 hotels in Gananoque

Great location near stores and restaurants,friendly staff and clean.
    • Deluxe Cottage (4 Adults)

No closets, breakfast not so good. White bread and tea already made, no tea bag on side and could not have at desired strength.

Deluxe cabin very cozy, clean and comfortable.

Great value for a basic comfortable stay
    • Cottage with Two Double Beds

Breakfast was very simple. Place could use an upgrade in design.

The cottage was comforatble and private. Parking was right next to the cottage. Good value.

Great budget motel.
    • Queen Cottage

The air conditioner was outdated and noisy, and the temp control knob was missing.

Price and location. Chinese restaurant onsite was a plus. Staff were very friendly.

2 night stay
    • Cottage with Two Double Beds

We decided to stay an extra night after we checked out. The first person on the phone said we would get the same rate as last night. When we phoned about 10 minutes later he said he rate would be $10 more which we had to agree as we didn't want to search for another hotel. When you give a customer a price it should not change 10 minutes later. It was not nice.

It was close to everything we wanted to do. Rooms were comfortable.

Nice room
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

only 1 minor complaints...the shower temperature kept changing from cold to very very hot

i thought it was a great location and the room was nice...great for an overnight stay.

Worst stay ever

Didn’t expect much for the price but this is the oldest motel I’ve ever seen. Charged me for somebody’s room during check out (I provide a receptionist with my ID but she didn’t pay attention), hot water was a big problem ( need to play with a tap to get it). Breakfast is only 8 till 9am and nobody told us about it. We came to a lunch room at 9 am and were told that they started to clean and we can’t get even tea or coffee. Last year we stayed in a cheaper place in Gananoque and that motel was much better. If you have other option to stay, don’t choose this one.

Nothing but location was ok

Room was clean.
    • Standard Queen Room

They had only bread/jam and coffee for breakfast. The A/C worked only in the fan mode- not in the cool mode.

Room was clean. Even though the room was small, it had all the facilities- microwave,fridge,side table,coffee machine.

Bed was comfortable and room was clean and small but...
    • Standard Queen Room

Breakfast was below par and did not meet expectations. Went elsewhere to eat after coffee.

Bed was comfortable and room was clean and small but adequate for one night stay. Good value .

Simple, modest Accommodations

No complaints.

As we were just passing through on our motorcycles, this property was conveniently located to the highway and restaurants and the motel style allowed for parking the bikes in front of our room. It had everything we needed and was roomier than expected.

Old outdated motel with no update for 50+ years.
    • Standard Queen Room

Old outdated motel with no update for 50+ years. Breakfast was several days old pastry with some items I could not identified. It was not worth the money I paid for. Not recommended, certainly not 3 🌟 as rated on Booking.com.

All in all it served our purpose and was affordable
    • Cottage with Two Double Beds

The room was very small and we had trouble with our key cards a few times. Office hours were inconvenient for the purpose of our stay.

The staff was very very nice. And the location and price were good.

Very inexpensive . I guese you get what you pay for .
    • Deluxe Cottage (4 Adults)

Small and needs some maintenance[painting] . Location was very good but our cabin needed some t TLC . [Paint on door sills repair curtains . Owner was very accommodating and let me check in two hours early.

Room was very clean,check in and out very fast.
    • Standard Queen Room

The room, even though was very clean smelled like mold,and A/C was very loud,I couldn’t sleep from the noise.

Room was very clean,check in and out very fast.

This was exceptionally good value for money.
    • Standard Queen Room

This was exceptionally good value for money. The staff were delightful and could not have been more helpful. This is a low cost motel but provides a clean comfortable stay with everything you need and with attention to your comfort

It was very pleasant and staff were very courteous and helpful.
    • Standard Queen Room

I would have liked to be advised what time breakfast was on until. I found out later after I had come in around 10ish that they serve breakfast between 8am-9am. I thought that was rather short only an hour? Most hotels/motels are 8-11 I thought.

The staff were very friendly and the room was very clean and comfortable. Very close to everything too which was a bonus!!

the cleanest room and the facilities in the room, fridge, tv...
    • Standard Queen Room

Poor breakfast (juice, coffee and bread with butter and jam only) Poor shower pressure

the cleanest room and the facilities in the room, fridge, tv, hair dryer and air condition

Awesome!
    • Deluxe Cottage (4 Adults)

There was not a closet or anywhere to hang clothing.

The owners were so personable and made us feel like family! We stayed in one of the cottages and were so pleased with our accommodations. The Chinese good at their restaurant was fresh and very tasty. Portions are very big! I will stay there again

Avoid this place, there are better places around the area.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The room had 2 holes in the wall, maybe someone ripped apart a painting. The bed had bed bugs on them. The bathroom door was ripped apart, there were nails hanging. The wifi was really bad.

The property is very close to everything else in Gananoque, but the pictures are completely different from what you get. So dont fall for the pictures of the room, and the cabins.

ok for a night or two
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

as good as expected for money

it is your average motel, we did not use the breakfast facilities, bathroom small but doable for what we wanted, a place to put our head down for the night, had a fridge and microwave

Clean place well decorated and excellent food and service

Nothing stop

We liked everything. The rooms are small but very clean and very comfortable. The people that run it we're so accommodating. Lovely people and I would recommend it to anyone. Next time we are going to the cottage that has a bedroom with two beds in it and a living room kitchen. I would like to thank the people the staff for everything they've done for us.

Great value
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

cooked breakfast included; nice staff; cliose to highway. Had to change dates past the cancellation /change date and they graciously alliwed it with no penalty.

Each room has a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Very convenient!
    • Standard Queen Room

The first room I got that evening was older, not renovated and musty. The TV did not work. I asked for The room I had last time which was renovated, clean and not musty at all.

The room was clean. TV working, clean shower, hot water. I am guessing group of rooms from #116 and less were all renovated. The rooms from 119 and up are all still old and musty...not pleasant, that's why I asked to be moved.

I will book here again in the future when needed.
    • Standard Queen Room

Coffe maker needed a little cleaning.

No mention of breakfast. BUT IT WAS CLEAN!!!! There was a snowstorm and the next day , they plowed the parking lot first thing in the morning so we could get out!

So quiet and warm and relaxingin the coldest winter in years - so good to be out of the big city!
    • Standard Queen Room

Any needs I found were supplied immediately and beyond m expectations.

There is a Chinese Restaurant in the Imperial! The staff are very kind and make you feel welcome.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Very clean, great location for what we needed.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Very clean, great location for what we needed. Rooms were a tad small and hot water took a while to get there but overall satisfied for the price.... Food at the adjoined restaurant was AWESOME.

Keep driving past this place!!
    • Standard Queen Room

Well, for one thing, there was only two pillows on the bed, and I always sleep with two myself. There were no extra pillows or blankets in the room. My husband had to go to the office and asked for another pillow. They had to go to another unit to get one. When we booked it was suppose to be the last room available, but when we woke in the morning there was only one other car there. We went into the office in the morning, for breakfast, as it was advertised "Free Breakfast" and they told us Breakfast was over at 9 A.M. It was then 9.15 , so we missed it. we would not go there again.

The only thing we liked was the location. We wanted something close to the thousand island casino, and it was, but it sure wasn't what we were expecting. we checked in at 4 P.M. and we couldn't believe how small the room was. We just spent one night there.

Recently refurbished, thin walls, little choice at breakfast
    • Standard Queen Room

The breakfast was very sparse pastries and toast with tea, coffee or orange juice and only a 1 hour window to eat. I cod hear the guy next door snoring.

The staff were very friendly, the rooms look recently refurbished, although the guy did get up late one morning so had to wait around to be let in for breakfast.

The stay was excellent. Great WiFi, beds and food! I would recommend this place to anyone!
    • Standard Queen Room

The stay was excellent. Great WiFi, beds and food! I would recommend this place to family and friends. Ganagoque itself is a beauty to see. I would call it the diamond of the south. Great sunrise and sunsets in the district of a 1000 islands. Also situated near highway ;-)

Our stay was agreeable
    • Standard Queen Room

Continental breakfast was nothing to write home about. No fresh fruits, no cereals only came with buns and bread with peanut butter and jam.

The room was very clean, I dropped some water on the floor and used one of the towel to clean it up and it was not really dirty.

One of the best rooms ever at a motel!
    • Standard Queen Room

Short breakfast hours (8-9), but maybe that was due to offseason in gananoque. Rather small room.

Extremly clean room! Nicest bathroom ever seen in a motel. Well equipped (coffee machine, fridge, table, two chairs...)

Basic Room for the Night!
    • Standard Queen Room

Could use a little more dusting. We've noticed a little dust on bed frame and room corners but nothing of concern.

Location was on main street and easy to find, Room was small but clean and has everything we needed, Wifi reliable, Bed was comfortable. Good value for money!

Comfortable bed, and a very nice bathroom.
    • Standard Queen Room

Walls are thin, you can hear the neighbours. For me it wasn't such a big problem.

Comfortable bed, and a very nice bathroom. It definitely worth the price.

Budget Chinese motel
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The motel is next to a busy street, so the front-line rooms are quite noisy; the standalone houses are better situated. While the bathroom was super-clean, the air conditioner filter and some pillows were begging for extra sweeping. The breakfast (8:00-9:00) was very limited (only toast, croissants and donuts + toppings, some drinks, and that was it). No protein, no veggies. The dinner food is just ok. The service could be definitely improved by e.g. not forgetting to bring the food/drinks we ordered.

Friendly staff; fast check-in; complimentary breakfast. The rooms are small, but well furnished and clean.

Uncomfortable cause of the state of the place.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The facilities were outdated, old and in need of new updates, the bed was clean, yet the dust on the air conditioner and other areas only proved that they come in and clean the basics, it was not worth my money, I do have asthma and not a good place.

The staff very accommodating and very friendly.

Very clean, So kind the receptionist, always smiling
    • Standard Queen Room

check at 11 am, the tours begin after 10 am and we have to leave before the room, luckily we can put our bags down the table on the hotel restaurant close to reception.

Very clean, So kind the receptionist, always smiling

Overall satisfactory.
    • Cottage with Two Double Beds

Very small rom, no place to put anything, had to use the beds to sit on, overall cleanliness okay, but for the vacuuming, very dirty in corners and on ledges.overal an okay stay

very good beds and clean, good linen and pillows.

Once we moved into the reno room, our stay was pleasant.
    • Queen Cottage

Originally booked a 1 bed cabin. The back was held up with a 4 by 4. The whole thing sloped so you walked up hill. The smell was horrible, stale, rotten wood...not sure but I did not get through the doorway. Very disappointed. We asked for a different room which was suitable. We did not have the provided breakfast because my husband felt the cleanliness was not up to par in the restaurant. Only seemed to be one other guest check in, they were put right beside us and since they smoked in front of the room, we had to close our windows to keep smoke out of our room.

The room we were eventually stayed in was fairly newly renovated. It was clean. Bed was comfortable but only had two pillows. Television was small for the room size. The room was clean and neat. Was pretty much what we expected for the price.

The beds were comfortable, staff was friendly
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

housekeeping trying to get into my room before 9:30am, should have waited after 11am I felt rushed to leave (check out time states 11am) Also I got sick that night from the Chinese food I ordered would never eat there again the room was freezing cold not their fault but why leave the windows open

The beds were comfortable, staff was friendly

location for what we were doing
    • Standard Queen Room

not sure what was for breakfest , as we were late for breakfest . would be nice to of known what time breakfest start and ends. and i think it only toast and jam, peanut butter, etc. like that

location for what we were doing

If I were ask if I would stay again the answer would be NO

Surrounding- could not avoid walking used cigarette butts into room, general ambiance was low and evening meal from attached Chinese restaurant was the worst for many years and countries.

Wifi

Value for money

limited breakfast options

Free parking right in front of the door, walking distance to local points of interest, cordial and helpful staff, value for money

Rotten is a small word

Do not believe there are any positive points but there are so many negatives that I use the 2 boxes and put 0 for the location, although it is well located, so that the note which I attribute is as low as possible. I chose this hotel because the rooms were in small cottages and I thought it was nice for the family The following is a sincere testimony, photos as evidence, without animosity either, because I took the time to digest. The reception of the hotel is the same as that of the restaurant, so you check in in a smell of food that makes you feel sick in the middle of the afternoon, and you wait ... you wait ... while the receptionist (maybe the boss?) speaks for exactly 8 minutes on the phone laughing Parked near our 2 "cottages" the front is filled with cigarette butts ( picture) and ashtrays full of cigarette butts (photo) are hung at the entrance emitting an intolerable odor. I snatch them from the post to which they are attached to throw them behind the cottage ( picture) The entrance to the "cottages" is full of cobwebs with hundreds of dead mosquitoes and gnats ( picture). We enter, and from there it is no longer a "cottage" but a "cagibi" of 13m ² in which you have difficulty moving because the 2 beds take all the place (pictures taken from the wall of the entrance and the wall of the bathroom, not big, is it?) The carpet is dirty, full of stains and dust ( picture) the glasses are still full from the day before and are dirty. We wanted to have a drink outside as the weather was very nice but there were only 2 very dirty chairs so we took it inside sitting on the beds and with our own glasses. We then went for a walk and had some food, somewhere else of course, but when we wanted to sleep we found sheets with dubious stains and pubic hair (picture) in the 2 rooms. one occupied by our nephew , his wife and their 2 children of 1 year and 3 years, the other by my wife and myself.

Rien

Loved the Chinese dinner.
    • Queen Cottage

Breakfast selection should be improved. Perhaps some fruit or cereals rather than just bread products.

Brian was friendly and addresses our concerns about first cottage quickly and effectively. Great visit and great food.

Horrible.

They charged double of what we booked for on booking.com and when given booking details refused to reemburse us for the money.

Being able to have all our rooms together. And the location of the hotel.

Service
    • Standard Queen Room

Nothing but forgot clothes in the bathroom on the hook behind the door.i called the next day and was told that nothing was left in the room.

The place was clean

We did not have breakfast.
    • Cottage with Two Double Beds

We did not have breakfast. It was supposed to be from 8 to 9 am, but was not ready. We had to leave , as we wanted to catch our morning boat cruise, and we enjoyed a nice breakfast at Tim Hortons. The cottage was very small. Looked clean, but had a moisture smell. The pillows were not comfortable. We had an unwanted nocturne guest, a huge moth flying around the room.

Perfect nights sleep to start a long day.
    • Standard Queen Room

Better coffee maker. But that's petty considering most hotel/motel rooms don't have all the extras.

The staff were great , friendly. willing to help in any way possible. The room was comfortable clean with all the comforts of home. It was fantastic that they were able to accomadate us so we didn't disturb other guests at our early hour of departure.

Fine for a short stay (1-2 nights), but I wouldn't recommend staying longer.
    • Deluxe Cottage (4 Adults)

The cost may not have been very much at $129, but the cabin could have used some updating and TLC. The furniture was quite old and a fresh coat of paint could go a long way. The WiFi was impossible to connect to from our cabin, so perhaps signal repeaters should be added for the further areas of the property. Breakfast ended before we made it to the restaurant, but since we were not given any details upon check in or in the room, we were unaware when it ended.

The deluxe cabin had two double beds in a separate room from the sitting area. The cabin was clean and far enough from the road to remain quiet.

Poor
    • Cottage with Two Double Beds

Spiders webs every where inside out and smell. Water pond on street outside the hut

Nothing as it was a very ordinary facility not worth of even what we paid.

Cottage which are seperate from each other.

Little space as compare to price.. only walking space on the room..

Cottage which are seperate from each other. It's like camping.. best thing I like it's about customer service..both bryan and another lady so friendly and helpful. When I called that I will be reaching around 11:30 due to traffic, I was nicely told that no worries she would wait until u come .. I would definitely recommend this hotel..

Not great but adequate
    • Cottage with Two Double Beds

The breakfast consisted of coffee, toast, croissants and sunny d (yuk) ????; where's the OJ??; and only 8 am to 9 am?? We were ready at 7am(so were others); the door was locked so we went downtown to find a breakfast restaurant; on the 2nd day I went to Mc Ds for a coffee and muffin($1.99).

The beds were very comfy. I accidentally broke a lamp; they replaced it, no charge. Very quiet; with parking right beside our cabin. Towels replaced daily. Centrally located.

Good location, inside properly clean.
    • Cottage with Two Double Beds

Beds are small for two persons.

Good location, inside properly clean. We have a separate cottage. Basic breakfast but you could normally seat. Good Chinese restaurant on the property.

Cheap and convenient
    • Standard Queen Room

Continental breakfast was stale pastries/bread only.. no cereal, or hot foot etc. Lovely staff, shame couldn't understand English.

Cheap and convenient

Beds were very comfortable.
    • Cottage with Two Double Beds

Having to run the water to heat it up takes too long sometimes.

Beds were very comfortable. Cottages are great for privacy & for having your vehicle just next to it.

Happy to have been there and we told them if we return to the area we would definitely stay there if
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

We were completely satisfied,thanks.

We were very satisfied with all aspects of the accommodation efc. Food excellent.very handy to the areas we wanted to visit,espically the boat tours. We already recommended the inn to our family members.

Relaxing and fun!!

Everything was good.

We stayed in one of the cabins. They were really "cute". Much nicer then just a room. We had a little patio area to sit out in. I was great for our dog.

It was ok for a night or two, but no longer.
    • Cottage with Two Double Beds

Bathroom and outside of the cottage needed a little more effort to being kept clean. Musty smell in cottage when we arrived, but left when the air conditioner was put on. Breakfast should be from seven to nine, not eight to nine.

Bed was comfortable. Room was small but adequate. Laid out well to say we had a fridge, tv, microwave and coffee maker, all working.

Would not return.
    • Cottage with Two Double Beds

They need to improve the breakfast. It was very poor. Bread and peanut butter and jam. Second morning, out of bagels only bread. They need to add fruit, muffins, cream cheese or cereal. The window was very noisy . Kept waking me up during the night.

The bed was very comfortable. Pillows were great.

Cleanness of this hotel is really disappointing.

The carpet and bed sheets are not clean, and there are bed bugs or mites on the bed that bit me and caused me to have severe allergy. We put a "do not disturb" sign on the door in the morning, but found our room being entered and beds made anyway. This is unnecessary and feels like a violation as we did indicate no housekeeping.

The location is convenient

Staff was friendly and the bathroom was newly renovated...
    • Standard Queen Room

It looks a little old from the outside and the continentail breakfast was just toast and crosiants

Staff was friendly and the bathroom was newly renovated which was nicd

It was okay.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast was a bit poor and it took us a long time to get some extra towels. Rooms were a bit smelly and moldy.

It was close to the Boat Cruise and shopping area.

Most of our stay was 'good for the price' Except for the 'breakfast that wasn't'
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Felt the "breakfast included" wasn't... aparently the breakfast is only offered from 8:00 to 9:00 and with no mention nor notice. A small hand written paper lies on the multi-purpose counter and is only used to demonstrate that you 'missed it'.

Location worked well. Friendly staff

There is free Wi-Fi which worked well for the most part.
    • Standard Queen Room

We weren't sure if breakfast was included or not as it was not discusses upon check in.

There is free Wi-Fi which worked well for the most part. The owners also own the Chinese restaurant in front of the rental property which is where you check in.

Birthday get a way
    • Queen Cottage

We found the size of the bed a little small for the two of us, and we are use to a king at home so this seems just a little bigger then a double, but I do think the add indicates this when we book

We have stayed here before and its a wonderful spot, location is great , quiet, and the restaurant is great!!

A good location. Needs upgrading.
    • Cottage with Two Double Beds

Found out that these are fairly new owners. Purchased the place when it was quite run down. We stayed in a cabin. It was dated and bath had mold and carpet was old and needed replacement. Place still needs a lot of work to bring it up to a good standard.

Easy walk to most restaurants and downtown. The Chinese restaurant on site was quite good. The owners went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. Very nice and accommodating people.

A nice place to stay.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

A nice place to stay. The parking is available. The room is clean and comfort. It is near to a post office, supermarket, and gas station. About 20-minute driving to the 1000 Island Cruise harbor. Good free breakfast service.

Inexpensive and Simple
    • Standard Queen Room

The smell of the garbage dumpster located outside the rooms.

Good value. Rooms are renovated and clean. We could sit outside the rooms and talk with friends. Walking distance to town.

Very basic, good for one night on while the road.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Room a bit small and dark.

Very basic, good for one night on while the road. Very clean and had everything you might need to spend a night. We did not have breakfast because we had to leave at 7am

disappointed
    • Standard Queen Room

The air conditioner was very noisy and kept us awake. We will not go back there. The "included breakfast" was terrible - chewy, store bought croissants and only one type of bread for toasting, with some little packets of jam and peanut butter. No other selections (like cereal, yogurt, fruit, etc, and no hot items).

Bathroom was modern and clean. Parking was easy.

Beware
    • Cottage with Two Double Beds

The room was Derty. The carpet was not vacuum . The bathroom had Mold. The breakfast had toast,peanut butter and jam, no butter. Too drink coffee and orange juice.

The first room was worst than the one I discribe above. They let me change room.

Comfy and clean motel.
    • Standard Queen Room

Comfy and clean motel. Basically, all you need when youre looking for a night close to the highway and/or close to Gananoque (You can reach the docks in 5 mins by car odeer 25 minutes on foot). Many shops and restaurants close-by (including a chinese one runned by the owners).

Over priced
    • Standard Queen Room

The old ness of the room. The price way to high for nothing but a bed and wifi.

We paid double the price because it was Canada Day. Room was not worth $180 per night. It was clean but very very out dated. Hot water was hot and cold. The restaurant food was Chinese Food and that was tastie.

Great for overnight stay
    • Cottage with Two Double Beds

Stayed in the individual cottage. It was cozy. Had your basics - two beds and a bathroom, tv, fridge and a desk. Parking right beside the cottage. Good price. If you expect something fancy, this is not for you.

The cottage/hotel room was cute, clean and had no noise...
    • Deluxe Cottage (4 Adults)

Breakfast was included.....breakfast is toast or crossaints, with butter, peanut butter and one type of jam. You make it and only from 8-9 am.

The cottage/hotel room was cute, clean and had no noise issues as no one was joined to us. Easy check in and out.

nice place ,good location. a little too friendly front desk
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

we stayed for 2 nights and after returning to the inn for the saturday night stay we found that all of our food and drink that we left in the rooms fridges had been emptied and was gone, they replaced some things and offered us a complimentary container of fried rice in the room .(with no forks however).. also it said pancake and steak house on their exterior sign but the breakfast was toast and eggs and the other food was all chinese.

quiet, good price. front desk was a little too friendly..