Reviews of Inn At The Quay 3 stars

900 Quayside Drive, V3M 6G1 New Westminster, Canada

#2 of 6 hotels in New Westminster

• Queen Room

The entrance to the lobby was oddly located . Hard to find and get to at first arrival. Adjacent construction was part of the problem but poor/ inadequate signage made it more difficult than it needed to be. Staff seemed to have no knowledge of the areas around hotel . Adjacent restaurant was given up on after waiting for close to 10 minutes as two different hosts went to check if there was a table available. All the tables we could see from entrance were unoccupied!

The beds were comfortable. The views were great. Liked the location.

The parking that is available is not included in the rate. There is an extra charge which we were not aware of. The restaurant was not able to accommodate us for breakfast on Sunday without a reservation even though they had about 100 empty tables and numerous staff members standing around doing nothing. It was also a very challenging location to reach due to railroad tracks and construction.

The bed was very comfortable.

Not very sound proof. Awoken very early by the child in the adjoining room. The price is very high for a one night stay. For the price you pay, you also have to pay for parking.

The view was amazing. Room was clean and comfortable and the front desk check in and check out staff were awesome.

The very loud music from the Paddlewheeler Pub that was below where our room was situated made getting to sleep at night difficult until it stopped. We expected Saturday night to be a bit noisy but Sunday night was also noisy very late. I would ask for a room on the other side of the tower if I came back.

Nice clean room, very comfy bed. Lovely view of the river and mountains, and beautiful area to walk in. Great location with good restaurants that were close by.

• Queen Room

The service at the seafood restaurant was horrible.

The bed & bedding were very good. Bathroom clean. Nice view of water from bed, chairs on deck good.

The room had peeling wall paper and dirty grout in the bathroom and there was a long black hair on the shower wall. No privacy with the adjoining room, I could hear the other persons whole conversation. Was not warned there was a huge function the night, or that the building was a construction zone outside.

I arrived at the hotel with my elderly grandmother (82) Check in was extremely brief and rather lazy - the receptionist simply took my credit card and gave me a key. He didnt even take a second to tell me which room or floor we were on and there was no mention of helping with our bags at all. Once we arrived in the room it was Freezing cold - no heating had been left on. I immediately turned the heaters on but after half and hour the room was still cold and the heater barely pumped out air that was far from warm. I phoned reception to ask if there was a heating issue, she told us to wait a little longer and the room should heat. It took the entire evening to get to an acceptable temperature. The bathroom had no heating at all and was always freezing. I was told there were no extra heaters available and no chance of a room change. The staff never seemed bothered that i was genuinly concerned for my grandmothers health. I understand they dont control the weather but why was the heater not left on in the room for guest arrival? Although my credit card was taken as deposit - we paid full in cash. It wasnt until I got home and couldn't use my credit card that my bank alerted me the deposit hold - confirmed to be Inn at the Quay by my bank - was still on my card, hence I had limited credit. When I called to ask for it be removed they told me I was mistaken, when I checked with my bank and emailed - it was denied again. However, it suddenly lifted. All in all the hotel has a lot of untapped potential - the location is beautiful but the hotel needs some updating. Unfortunately the service left a lot to be desired. Cleaning staff were wonderful - front of house however really didn't seem to care about customer service. Im a really easy traveller - I can settle for a lot in a hotel as I prefer to be outside exploring. But to not having heat when it's freezing and when staff attitudes suck - it's enough to P me off.

The view is absolutely stunning - a joy to wake up to! The room itself is a great size and the bed was very comfortable. It's in a good location close to the Skytrain and the main drag through New Westminster - with the Fraser River always within view.

Too much of a party atmosphere. Sounded like someone was "doing business" in the room next to mine (poor sound-proofing from adjoining door). Too loud at night with parties and music, and during the day with much industrial noise. In future if I stay here at all, will try to ask for rooms over the water to see if any better experience.

Very kind and helpful staff, thank you!

The fridge in the room was very noisy and the controls were not clear on the heating system.

very quiet alround, the bed was comfortable. within walking distance to restaurants.

• Queen Room

The surrounding area wasn’t very nice but it looks like they are regenerating the area.

The rooms were great with a little balcony, however at the time of our visit it was too cold to use it. Staff very friendly. Would certainly use it again

All was good.

We had to make a quick trip to New Westminster and had never stayed there before. The Inn on the Quay turned a somewhat distressing trip into a relaxing holiday. The room was good, and the view was unexpectedly lovely, overlooking the Fraser River, the LRT bridge, and the quay. We ate dinner at a great restaurant called Wild Rice, just up the quay from the hotel, and had breakfast at the hotel restaurant. Both were excellent.

When I go to New Westminster station I had to walk around because of the railway right next to the hotel.

The location was very close to skytrain station and the riverside had a great view. A lot of stores around the hotel including shoppers and dollar store made my stay more convenient. Also they allowed me to delay check out for 2 hours without charging which was great!

• Queen Room

Unless you run the heat constantly the room gets a bit chilly. We had extremely high winds at night and I could see the curtains swaying in front of the sliding balcony door.

The bed was very comfy. The hotel is conveniently located. Restaurant is excellent and staff very helpful.

The bed wasn't positioned in the room to look out at the views. There is considerable street and train noise in rooms on the east side of the hotel. The check-in staff was barely civil and did not provide any information about the services available in the hotel.

Views of the river

• Queen Room

Bed and pillows very comfortable. Staff cheerful and helpful with directions. Good Starbucks coffee in the room. Excellent restaurant right next door and easily accessible from skytrain.

You can tell this hotel was built quite a while ago, which isn't a deal breaker, but the heating system is these ancient fan radiator things on the wall that are confusing to use and SO UNBEARABLY NOISY.

Beds were comfortable, great view. Clean.

The room had a balcony but the windows and door were so thin that you could feel the cold air blowing in through it. The room was really cold upon entering, and since it was a windy and rainy night you could hear that through the thin door. The heater took so long to start up that it didn't offer much relief.

The location is exceptional - ability to access the New Westminster market and the sky train is really great!

Outside parking could be better for overheight vehicles.

It is situated in a good area for walking, Restaurants close by and all rooms look onto the River.

• Queen Room

Room was quiet, clean and very comfortable. Didn't use the wifi or have coffee. Very convenient for us to enjoy an evening at a wedding next door

• Queen Room

Need more at the front desk. It didn't affect me but a group after me had long wait. Poor signage to get to the location. I had to drive around to find a way into the property.

Cute little balconies

• Queen Room

I liked the balcony viewing the water and horizon. Also the stocked fridge with drinks and wine. I didn't even indulge but the fact it was there made it great.

• Queen Room

Access was severely impeded with poorly-signed construction.

The location was brilliant. We didn't just have a view of the water, we enjoyed the fresh air and little balcony. Also, there were several little extra touches that added up to a great impression.

The room was very very clean. They had beautiful bath robes in the room already. No need to request from the desk like most hotels. Complimentary umbrella and they left a welcome card with a local chocolate bar to greet us on our pillow. Will definitely go back! Great location, very clean, easy to get around and awesome restaurant .

Lower price and shuttle service to the airport.

My daughter and I enjoyed our one stay night, Cleanliness and comfort were excellent! Staff ,very friendly. For the price we paid, it would have been so helpful to have had shuttle service to the airport. Many thanks for all the other amenities. Best regards, Lorain Reitzel.

• Queen Room

Burnt out lightbulbs , tv was impossible to figure out , talked to desk not informative , was an ongoing problem . Fot the money the stay should have been outstanding with no problems but ,it was not so

View was fabulous

• Queen Room

The public transport route from the airport takes approximately 45 minutes. The issue is the stairs over the railroad tracks near the hotel. The location itself is outstanding. Most difficulty is arriving after a 15 hour journey without sleep, climbing stairs over the railroad tracks back up and down with 2 23kg bags or more. Would be more suitable if an underground tunnel was built for pedestrians with ramps or instructions of how to avoid these stair cases. Also would need to be mentioned for wheelchair accessibility. Instructions must be included to be suitable for all guests.

Receprion was outstanding and let us check in early. Coffee is amazing and the breakfast deal with the 10% discount and food variety is excellent (Angelo's). I also liked the atmosphere surrounding the hotel.

• Queen Room

Bathroom needs urgent repairs. Shower dripping continuously. Staff very unhelpful. Multiple adaptor for electric plugs from other countries not available.

Honestly, I was so impressed.... I don't have anything bad to say. I loved staying there and would book there again the next time I visit Vancouver.

Rooms were exceptionally clean, the location on the water front and views were spectacular, the king room had snacks, wine and beer which was a lovely feature after a long day of sight seeing, the board walk was nice for a stroll, the staff were friendly and helpful. Restaurants were within walking distance.

• Queen Room

Are you not listening? We love it all

Location, price, cleanliness, parking, ease of access, friendliness of staff and did I mention location? Honestly, we love this place, it's like our own little secret get away and we have enjoyed every time we've stayed, this time on the nine floor overlooking the river and quay especially.

Directions to enter the property are not current. There is a lot of construction and change going on. I had to circle around several times late at night to find the entrance. I also did not know that I would have to pay for parking.

The room 907 stunk of room freshener. It was terrible. Smelled like somebody had thrown up in the bed. the room is old and tired. Carpets dirty. Staff could care less. I would like to get a refund. For US $ 210 this was robbery

Noise from bar, train and construction of tower right behind hotel. Started early every morning.

Clean large room with balcony overlooking the Fraser River. Nice location close to sky train for access to Vancouver. Restaurants and nice promenade.

Front staff weren't very friendly... get you in get you out. Ice machine was broken. The fridge was too stocked to put our items in. Nothing spectacular about the rooms for the price of accommodations. Parking is expensive also.

The cleaning staff were great. Ok view. The colour scheme is pretty. Angelina's restaurant is fantastic for breakfast but they aren't attached to the hotel.

There was nothing I didn't like except I thought we would have had a balcony to sit out on .......but that was o.kay we enjoyed to view just the same. Thanks

I liked how close it was to everything I needed to see and places I needed to go Thanks

• Queen Room

Having to pay to park. Construction noise starting so early. A huge development behind hotel that looks like it will take a very long time to complete. Noise noise noise, continuous banging and drilling

Room comfortable, skyway train opposite hotel to get to downtown Vancouver

Parking wasn't the best unfortunately. Only have about 4 overweight parking stalls. I was lucky enough to snag one of the "10 minute parking only" spots beside the overheight and was told by staff it was okay at least.

Very friendly staff and a nice view of the pier.

• Queen Room

There was a room near mine that was smoking and being loud all night. Cigarette butts were landing on my patio, preventing me from having the balcony open. I wasn't too impressed. I checked into this hotel to escape my home due to a massive migraine I was having.

The room was great! Clean, comfortable. The complimentary coffee was great!

Our room was directly across from the bar, which was pretty lively (Sat. night). And the fact that the train was right there interrupted our sleep. We could hear toilets flush along with other noises, but that's quite typical for hotels.

Very clean and comfortable. Right at the quay, nice to walk the boardwalk along the waterfront and that it goes beyond the stores. Lovely flowers. peaceful.

• Queen Room

Elevator from parking was being upgraded so had to carry luggage up the stairs. Overall, not a big deal and only temporary.

The bed was very comfortable. Balcony overlooking the boardwalk and the river was a great place to relax.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Wifi was kind of in and out sometimes or very slow.

They made my protein pancakes for breakfast at my request, i just told them the ingredients the chef was happy to accomodate. The gym- a huge must for me was perfect. Any fitness competitor should stay here. Also the views during my morning workouts:) priceless

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

• Queen Room

Small matters - wasn't given free Wifi code at checkin, and wasn't told that there was or

Location, cleanliness, great walking along Fraser River, Market next door

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Booked over the phone. Was quoted a price of $149 for the King room tax included. Come check in time - tax had to be added on top. A quick booking.com search later and found the same room for $114 or so. Cancelled on the spot and re-booked. Lie over the phone and it's easy to pay you less and now you also have to pay the booking.com fee. Your loss.

All in all a decent hotel. Fairly unremarkable in quality. The usual things are provided. The view is quite nice and it's close to the skytrain station.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Need bottled water machines on every floor. What!!! Christmas trees still up in mid-January!?

The bed was comfortable. Appreciate underground parking.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

At 7:00 AM my husband got up for work and could not get any hot water from the shower. He said it was luke warm at best. Not a good start to the day that was registering below freezing outside.

The location was perfect for us. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was excellent. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. I ordered room service for breakfast and the meal came at the requested time and it was still hot.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Queen Room

Unfortunately, the employee working the graveyard shift who had checked me in at 6am, while incredibly friendly, just really didn't know what she was doing. It took a long time to check in. Then the following morning at check out I had to deal with the gentleman behind the counters grumpiness at the way I was checked in. Apparently he'd had a lot of accounting errors that morning. While I sympathize with him for having to deal with all the errors of the staff the day before - it's frustrating when your coworkers don't set you up for success - I feel it's not good customer service to pass this stress onto your guests.

Loved the room! Wonderful bed. Robes were great, too.

• Queen Room

The quality of the free internet that was provided was poor. The walk to the New Westminster Skytrain station was a bit of a trek in the winter, be prepared for slush and slipping this winter.

The views from the hotel across the river were very nice. The bed was comfortable. The breakfasts at "Angelina's" were delicious after a brisk morning walk on the Quay Boardwalk. The attached Boathouse restaurant is nice for evening meals and lunches.

• Queen Room

Didn't feel anyone went above and beyond! Soon found out if you didn't put the scram sign on your door that housekeeping was knocking at 7:30am!

Enjoyed going to the hottub :) Breakfast locations were conveniently located! Amazing views, could sit and watch the tugboats all day!!!

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

currently parking area under construction. Parking was a significant issue, however, front desk was accomodating.

accomodating helpfull staff, great location, proximity to river walkway, Boathouse always a lovely breakfast. There is a reason why we return regularly.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Queen Room

Fairly expensive, but I suppose that is to be expected with downtown hotel.

Brand new Super clean hotel. Every room has small balcony overlooking the river.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Queen Room

lots of construction,..hard to find!! CSR gave poor directions by phone! made a few wrong turns...eventually found you...at the 3 way stop better put sign for Inn at the Quay "turn here" with an arrow..

loved the "working river"...always something to see :) view from "every room" amazing! always love staying there!! Boardwalk, markets, restaurants...magic!!

Very bad porn options for the price. Old and outdated and fuzzy. I wanted to ask for my money back but it wasn't a appropriate time to talk to the front desk.

Always nixe to have a balcony. Bed was very comfortable. Parking included is a definite plus.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Building High Rise next door and putting in pilings all day. The whole building shook all day! Also, one elevator not working at all and the other broke! Had to walk up 5 stories. One guest said it's been like that for days! Scary!

The room was good. Nice view of the Frasier River.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Queen Room

Noisy on weekdays in October with new construction next door.

Great location. Nice views of Fraser River. Close to Skytrain station, grocery stores, pharmacy.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

The room was very compartmentalized. We booked the king double jacuzzi suite. Baseboard tiles were held up by masking tape in the bathroom. Caulking on the bath tub was orange in color. Good location! Not enough maintenance!!! They could have done better! Check in was at 4 P.M.. The room wasn't ready until 4:30. We stopped in at 1 P.M. to see if was ready and you would think they would have prioritized the room knowing we were on deck. Poor service!

Location! Sky train access!

• Queen Room

The elevators are old and the doors didn't open smoothly. The air-conditioner in my room was noisy so I would leave in on during the day to cool the room and turn it off at night. The room remained comfortable during the night.

My room with a balcony was on the sixth floor overlooking the Frasier river - a very lovely view. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The Skytrain station is just a 5-minute walk away and Angelina's cafe and the Boathouse restaurant nextdoor were perfect for breakfast and dinner. I would stay here again if the rates were more reasonable.

• Queen Room

The current construction noise was very intrusive and also lead to the choice of me not extending my stay as originally planned. The ongoing works adjacent to the hotel should have been notified prior to the booking being completed.

The hotel was very well maintained and the staff were lovely.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

The only thing we didn't like was out of their control -- noise due to construction of two towers right in front of the hotel.

The location was great, and the view from our room excellent. The balcony over the river was very nice.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Queen Room

Extremely unfriendly staff. There is a huge construction site right next to the hotel, waking you up at 6.30am. Also, the hotel in general is extremely noisy, you can hear everything that happens in the hallway in front of your room.

The bed is comfortable. The rooms in general are ok and the location is close to a sky train station.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Bookings made for a concurrent stay,when we arrived they gave us a different standard room and had no other rooms of the type we booked. Same for a further future date. Book a room for a return date find the booking changed. Not good!!

Position

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Queen Room

We stay in July 2016. There is building works outside the hotel. It starts just after 7 and it is impossible to sleep. The beds are very small. Only suitable for one person and the air conditioning in the room is extremely noisy. The staff were the worst we had encountered in all out time in Canada.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

There was construction next to the hotel. Pike drivers starting at 7am and continued all day.

The view of the river is amazing. The nearby shops and restaurants are very good and convenient.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Room was not cleaned Very expensive for the value Needs a renovation Loud - trains go by at 12 am, 3 am and 6 am with no sound proofing.

Beds are great

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Queen Room

After two of a three night stay, the room next to us was occupied by a bride/groom and ALL OF THEIR NOISY GUESTS! Unfortunately our room had an adjoining door through which every noise could be heard. After complaining three times WE HAD TO BE MOVED! at 2:30 am rather than Security dealing with the unruly group. Not the best of experiences to have to get up in your nightie, take the elevator and walk through the various halls to get to your new room, leaving everything behind for morning. Although the hotel gave us a discount and credited us an amount off our stay, I personally don't think that was the best way for the hotel to handle the situation. I am sure it was a one of event as it was for us who are a well travelled couple. I will stay there again and trust we can enjoy the hotel the same as we did the first two days of our stay.

Loved the large balcony in every room and view of the River Market and Fraser river was lovely.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

Housekeeping left a washcloth in the tub, so we weren't sure the room had been thoroughly cleaned. They removed the washcloth and left after we phoned the desk.

Excellent desk staff, great location on the water. Convenient to Skytrain. Good nearby restaurants.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

Pretty standard 2 bedroom and the elevators were dated. There did not seem to be elevator access from the hotel to the parking garage.

Location was great, view of the river was amazing. There was a lot of dining options within 5 minutes of walking distance. There was a train station that took us to all of the destinations we needed to and was only a 5 min walk away from our hotel. There was also a nice deck to sit outside and hang out if we wanted to.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Queen Room

The hotel itself was a little bit of a disappointment. The lobby was very clean and well kept but we couldn't help notice that the exterior was very faded in appearance and the rooms were very average. The biggest annoyance was the internet. One of the few free amenities that the hotel offers is free wifi but we could hardly every get it to work the four days we were there. Only one person could connect with their device at one time and even then only certain features were available with the weak connection. Parking was also an additional charge each night. Overall this hotel was suitable but I would have liked to pay a whole lot less for our experience.

The location was great right on the water with a great view of the river and of Surrey. It was also located next to the rail station which made it convenient to travel between Vancouver, New West, and Surrey. The rail station also housed many businesses such as a Safeway and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

the wallpaper was peeling in the bathroom and there was rot/mildew behind it, and the room was pretty stuffy without the sliding door open. there were a couple flies in the room when we got there.

the staff were all great and the view was incredible. super accessible location with good food and the sky train and shuttle within a block. the bed was insanely comfy.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

It was quite noisy because the cafes in the adjoining property had loud music until closing. Walking to the street was long and arduous- no direct access to the main road.

• Queen Room

Lovely location and view sitting on the little balcony. Lovely food in the restaurant.

• Queen Room

Enjoyed breakfast delivered by room service.

Very noisy

Great location and view

Building works next door started at 6am

Good standard hotel. Kindly moved when asked for a quieter room

entrance road, parking, no grab bars in tub,heating and cooling difficult to operate, noisy from construction.

breakfast

• Queen Room

It could be nice if bath tub is a bit bigger.

I like their excellent customer service.

The rooms were super cute, clean, & comfy. One of our rooms had a little balcony with a stunning view.