Reviews of Isabella Hotel & Suites 2 stars

556 Sherbourne Street, M4X 1L3 Toronto, Canada

#106 of 133 hotels in Toronto

6.1

Good hotel close to Metro station. Would stay again.
    • Standard Queen Room

Though adequate, limited selection at breakfast, nothing hot except toast & tea/coffee.

Friendly helpful staff. Good size clean rooms. Easy 5 min walk from metro station. Free tea & coffee.

Update hotel
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Room 605 was a closet with air conditioner blowing directly on bed. Cleaning of room nonexistent.

Front staff that assisted in moving us to another room

Disappointed
    • Standard Queen Room

The room was dated and tiny. The bathroom shower was rusty, especially the soap holder. The air conditioner was a window unit that was loud and noisy. As the unit was not fully sealed, I could hear the noise from the street on night long. Also, the safety latch was broken so I wasn’t feeling very safe. Thank goodness I was only there one night.

I liked the fact that it was close to the location of my conference.

Sheets did not fit the bed.
    • Standard Queen Room

Sheets did not fit the bed. Air con very noisy and fixed into a single glazed widow allowing lots of street noise in. Black stains in the grouting in the bathroom. Dated fixtures in room.

Love it
    • Standard Queen Room

The staff was very helpful when I needed help getting anywhere, the location is perfect, very near the subway. This is my second time staying here and would do it again.

One night stay
    • Standard Queen Room

We were disappointed by the air conditioning unit in the window which happens to be placed right beside the bed making for an uncomfortable & noisy night. The room was very basic, small and the furniture was quite old. Didn’t expect the room and bathroom to be so small.

We booked here for proximity to friends place and downtown. The room was clean.

The service people were
    • Standard Queen Room

The continental breakfast The shower leak water on floor

The service people were Friendly and helpful The parking was close The hotel was small but quaint The restaurant has good food and service The hotel was in great location

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Banana at breakfast
    • Deluxe Queen Room

An A/C unit with the noise of an aircraft engine, next to the bed... blows you away and prevents you from a good night sleep with 30+C Small rooms parking expensive but close to the hotel overpriced, most likely due to the location

Banana at breakfast the location within walking distance from the Hop On bus stop 4

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Clean and affordable hotel
    • Standard Queen Room

For a short vacation, this 2-stars hotel is clean, affordable and near the subway station. The room was a bit small, the shower was fixed with some plaster but you don't stay in the room when you're in Toronto !

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

The hotel staff was very friendly our room was small and...
    • Standard Queen Room

The hotel staff was very friendly our room was small and clean but suited our needs. Good location Spent only one night there to celebrate a birthday and do some sight seeing.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Always very concerned with cleanliness of hotel room, this hotel and room absolutely met expectation

Breakfast wasn’t the best, but it was still free! And there is a Tim Hortons literally right across the street! There is a go bike plaza right across the street as well. Great location. Extremely friendly staff as well as restaurant staff was extremely helpful. Overall extremely satisfied with stay!

The staff was very friendly and the hotel as a whole was...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Not so much the hotel, but someone was knocking at my door at 3am looking for alcohol.

The staff was very friendly and the hotel as a whole was gorgeous. I've never stayed here before and it was a great experience. I would definitely reccomend to friends and family and would stay here again!

Staff was friendly & helpful.

Didnt like the fact that when we arrived, we learned that Booking.com hadn't bothered to contact the hotel about our reservation! Thankfully they had a couple of rooms available. Also, there was nothing on the website indicating we had to book a parking space as well. We ended up having to park 3 blocks away.

Staff was friendly & helpful.

Good for a few days in Toronto
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Not directly in the city center, no safe in the room, elevator stinks disgustingly, rooms need to be renovated, air conditioner directly besides the bed

250 m away from Sherbourne subway station, breakfast included (muffins, toast, milk, cereal, bananas, juice, peanut butter, butter), friendly staff

The location of the hotel was just about the only good thing.
    • Standard Queen Room

I wasn't expecting 5 stars for this accommodation based on the ratings there were. We were able to check in early and our room was ready. Staff were ok, were not rude to us. The bed was extremely uncomfortable as were the pilliows, I am not sure how old the matresses are but I had been bitten all over my back from what I believe is bed bugs. I have only just started to heal after using anti-septic creams for over a week. I would not recommend this hotel for anyone to stay at and if you expect 5 stars for a 2 star hotel, think again. Definately a bargin hotel, but I would pay more to stay elsewhere.

The location of the hotel was just about the only good thing.

We stayed 3 nights and our sheets weren’t changed even when...
    • Standard Queen Room

We stayed 3 nights and our sheets weren’t changed even when requested. Our room didn’t get cleaned the last night we were there. The cleaning lady said she was swamped and would get to it later but never did. We had to go complain to the front desk to get clean towels.

Stay was OK, met the low expectations, but then double charged my card and it was on me to solve it.
    • Standard Queen Room

Besides all the complaints in the other reviews, small room, simple breakfast, etc, I was going to leave a better review, but then my card was charged twice, and staff left it for me to solve the problem.

The towel lol... The hotel is what you pay for, it is cheaper than the chain hotels, so don't expect much. We went with very low expectations (we almost cancelled our reservation, paying the cancellation fee), but it wasn't that bad. The room is small, like the bathroom, and the breakfast is very simple (but served its purpose). The hotel was reasonably clean, and the air conditioning wasn't super strong, but we could sleep. The bar downstairs isn't the best in town, but the food is very good (we had fish and chips, a salad and a burger). Impressively, the towel was super soft! I'd say it was the best part of the stay.

I've seen worse, but expected more for this price.
    • Standard Queen Room

Bedding although clean, had a lot of old stains on it. Cracked tiles and thick old silicone everywhere in the bathroom. Small dirty window with an old aircon in it. A couple of times there was a strong tobacco smoke coming from the vent. Must've been someone smoking by the air intake. The street is rather sketchy.

Free mini-breakfast, that includes cereals, coffee and toasts

Ok, but some improvement would do it good
    • Standard Queen Room

They serve a very simple complimentary breakfast. However, there are some issues that are worth mentioning: the staff is nice, but they seem to lack tourist information. The shower in my room was tolerable, but its door sealing was not, so after every shower I had to get a towel and wipe the wet floor. Cleanliness was ok, except for the fact that one day the toilet was dirty (and when I left the room it was not), and there was a lid inside the sink which remained there during the whole stay.

In general terms, Isabella is fine. The hotel is simple and pretty quiet. It is next to Sherbourne Station and to a bus stop (three blocks), so in spite of not being so close to the city's main attractions, transportation is not a problem. There are some restaurants and a supermarket nearby, which comes in handy (not to mention Gabby's, a very nice restaurant located in the basement of the hotel).

It could have been better

-Room wasn't booked, miscommunication between Booking.com and Hotel, wasn't told about $100 extra refundable at check out as security, until I had to ask 'whats extra $100 for'? - Toilet bins in bathroom not changed , when checked in. - Shower soap holder, dirty and not cleaned for months, even though on 2nd day I made sure room gets cleaned was still dirty when I left. - Toilet door broken - Bed sheet wasn't changed once while I stayed there. - Somebody else was given my room and key while I still had 15 hours for check out, luckily I was in the room in the evening around 8pm, no apology issued. - $550 approx for 3nights and 2days excluding $100 security, I expected little better.

Good internet, Good Air condition in the room, comfortable bed. - cheaper to stay in downtown. -Shops, restaurants, Subway (Metro) station around the hotel. very convenient -Friendly staff.

The second room was clean and the bed was very very...
    • Regular Queen Suite

The first room was not the same as advertised and it was not guest ready as the pillow covers appeared not to have been changed from the previous guest. Management change our room and all was fine.

The second room was clean and the bed was very very comfortable.

If ever in the area again, problably would not stay here, would spend the money to stay downtown.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Parking is a problem. The hotel has 6 spots that you must reserve in advance and pay $30 a day. Breakfast is simply bread and some fruit. Luckily, there is a Tim Horton's directly across the street. The outside of the hotel could use some attention. I did encounter a couple of bugs in my room but did not report as it was the last day for us there.

This could be a nice boutique hotel with a little more money invested. Very diverse and eclectic neighborhood. Access to public transportation is good. The bar/restaurant located in the basement is a nice feature. Enjoyed it very much. Room was fine, small for two people.

• Standard Queen Room

Room 603 shower stall leaks all over the floor and requires repair as the leak leaves the bathroom floor covered in a significant pool of water.

Staff are very helpful and friendly

• Standard Queen Room

Everything, the staff wasn’t good. They don’t considerate any requirement. Secondly, the breakfast is very small, you just have bread, banana and cereals. The property is old, they should renovate them air conditioner.

The location was great!
    • Standard Queen Room

Beds were a little hard, but not uncomfortable.

The location was great! Just a block and a half from parking and two blocks from the subway. The staff was very friendly and polite.

Good price for the location, but ...
    • Standard Queen Room

Room was small and the bathroom was quite cramped, although the shower was roomy. A/C is a window unit and somewhat noisy.

We were able to check in early even though we had not requested that. The room was available very shortly after we arrived. Breakfast was good, though selection was limited, and the coffee was great! Parking (extra charge) was very near and safe.

It was nice for a weekend trip and we will probably be back
    • Standard Queen Room

First glance, our room looked neat and tidy, however closer inspection proves that the housekeepers could definitely improve their work; there was an old bar of soap sitting on top of the shower wall from previous guests. The shower definitely could be cleaned up a bit, and water would leak through the shower wall onto the floor. The room was also a bit smaller than anticipated (the pictures are deceiving) but was fine for us since we weren't going to be in the room much.

My boyfriend and I came up for the weekend for a concert at the Pheonix Concert theater, which was right down the street, and just explore the city. The staff was friendly and informative. Paid for the parking, which was conveniently across the street. The location was nice for what we wanted to do and there were places to walk to. Tim Horton's is right across the street! The bar/restaurant here is decent and open late. It was nice having a mini fridge in the room. The continental breakfast wasn't too impressive, but was included.

Would rather find another place. It’s not worth the money. Perhaps if they cut the room rate in half
    • Standard Queen Room

Rooms too small, as well as the bathroom. Water pressure in shower was really low. You couldn’t move the Tv from its awkward position in the corner of the room. Remote for said TV didn’t work. Ugly wall paper that was peeling off.

Awful. Just awful.
    • Standard Queen Room

Dirty stained towels, bedsheets stained and ripped, melted rotten food in the fridge upon arrival, bed falling off the bed frame. Pillows old smelly and stiff as ever. Same with the bed. Still having back problems and all stiff days after leaving. Was supposed to stay 3 nights, barely stayed the first one. Told front desk our problems and they sluffed it off. Asked how the stay was when checking out, said absolutely awful, to which they responded “oh, ok”. Then charged my card. A hostel would be a more upscale option than this hole. Oh and the hairdryer mounted directly above the sink falls in the sink. Great way to kill a guest... so disappointed that this place is even allowed on booking.com

The place has a roof on the building. That’s about the only positive.

Very good team at reception.

The light in the room was energetic white. Could be a bit more cozier. The bed linnen was poorly.

The staff is very professional, there were some small issues during the week, but staff immediately acted to make sure everything was taken care of.

Was a good evening overall
    • Regular Queen Suite

A little pricey. Adverts indicate much cheaper prices than what your eventually billed per night

Bed was very comfortable and hotel was quiet (couldn't hear any noise from other rooms).

The staff were not helpful and the breackfast was not good at all.
    • Standard Queen Room

Not much that I liked about the hotel but I liked to walk around. The hotel was charging to much for the room and the parking was extra on top of that.

-the dirty room
    • Regular Queen Suite

-the dirty room -when you check in, the hotel takes 200 usd as deposit in case you break anything in the room, but i received a room with a broken sink, the water had a smell of impurity, the bathroom door did not have a handle, the room door did not close tightly, the maids did not clean not even once the room during your stay, they just arranged the bed, the elevator is dirty.On booking is written that the room has city view, but our room had view to the next building ( very close) and could not even be open.The air conditioning made a strange noise; I told the receptionist about this problem but no one came to see what was going on.Poor breakfast - milk, cereals, bananas, bread, butter, jam, water and juice; 2 tables in the lobby and if the tables are occupied then you eat at the bar( also in the lobby).

My stay was great, i would definitely come back.
    • Standard Queen Room

I didn't find anything that i don't like in the time that i stayed at isabella.

Accommodation was greatly located,the room was good and the staff were friendly.

The stay was good overall but the room was more ideal for one person, not a couple.
    • Standard Queen Room

Parking across the street. The room was very small for the price we paid and the private bathroom needed some major work.

Loved the comfort of the bed and friendly/helpful staff. The restaurants around are also quite good.

Good value, comfy rooms and great location.
    • Standard Queen Room

There were very little choice at breakfast and large families came down, filled their plates with everything available to take to their rooms leaving only 2 slices of bread for everyone else.

Comfy beds and clean rooms.

There's a good breakfast at the Isabella Hotel to start your day
    • Standard Queen Room

The quite small room had no easy chair, only a hard-backed chair, and one had to read by the ceiling light, not the bed lamp.. No washcloth or hand towel is supplied. But, as long as you know that in advance, that's okay. The elevator, as on my last visit, still insists, when coming down, on travelling past the main floor to the basement before it comes back and opens at the main floor. There are books and a few magazines, but no longer any newspapers in the lobby.

The complimentary continental breakfast is certainly substantial. I had orange juice, raisin bran with banana, and toast. Even overlooking Sherbourne Street itself, my room experienced no traffic noise. There is a Shoppers Drug Mart and a Tim Horton's right across the street.

Enjoyed our one night stay. No issues. We would stay again, but maybe upgrade to a bigger room.
    • Standard Queen Room

The room was much smaller than expected, but we only stayed 1 night so it was fine. The bathroom was very very tight. I am 26 weeks pregnant and almost was not able to sit on the toilet because of the set up and being so close to sink. When you sat down, your face was literally in the sink. It works if you're sick, I guess. The walk-in shower was almost too big compared to the rest of the bathroom, it seems they could have made that a little smaller to help with the space around the toilet. The elevator was the size of a shoe box, which is understandable because of the old Victorian build, BUT it was still scary to ride.

I loved how quaint the hotel was, not your typical big hotel. The lobby was nicely decorated, very modern. Staff was nice. Sheets and pillows smelled great. Loved the big walk-in shower. Loved that we were able to open the window at night, we like the fresh air when we sleep. Bigger hotels you can't do that. They offered free breakfast in the morning, which a lot of hotels don't offer in that area. The parking lot was close.

The room was not even close to what was pictured on their...
    • Standard Queen Room

The room was not even close to what was pictured on their website. Also, it was crazy hot and stuffy. It was -5° C outside but even with the windows open we could not get the room temperature below 26° C. We were told the building doesn't have AC.

Good value for the money. Love the neighbourhood and central location.
    • Standard Queen Room

No facecloths in the bathroom. Asked the housekeeping staff and they said they are not provided. Inconvenient but at least I know for next time so I can bring my own.

Excellent location - close to subway and Tim Hortons. Lovely historical building and perfect size - not too big, not too small. Very quiet. Basic room but good value for the money. I would come back.

It was good for what we needed and I would stay again.
    • Standard Queen Room

The room, a standard queen I believe, was definitely better suited for one person than two. There weren't enough towels, and there was no conditioner. The room was small, although I did expect that. The housekeeper wanted us out 20 minutes before the checkout time.

The location was great for what we needed. There's a Shoppers and a Timmies and Gabby's and an egg place right there. I had read a lot of reviews and my expectations weren't super high, but it wasn't that bad at all. The room was exactly as pictured. Nice size little fridge in the room. I found the stairs and hallways had an "old timey" feel somehow. I found it pretty quiet as well.

Great value for central location.

The room could use a new coat of paint, but the bathroom and sheets were clean and there were a coffee set-up and toiletries.

The room was small but quiet. The room would be considered basic, but included a mini-fridge. It has everything you need if you are staying for work or a quick trip. Plus, the location is close to downtown/midtown, very walkable.

Comfortable night sleep is a cozy downtown locale
    • Standard Queen Room

It was a small room the only dislike would be the bathroom still needed more TLC and upgrade but it was clean and it did the job

It was clean quiet and for us extremely convonie

Unclean. Uncared for. Unacceptable.
    • Regular Queen Suite

Hairs in bathroom. General grime. Needs decorating. Needs new linen. Graffiti in the elevator. Dirt on the breakfast tables. Overall an unacceptable hotel.

Not clean. Poor facilities. Uncared for.

Poor we only stayed as it was for one night
    • Standard Queen Room

The heater was stuck on 30 so spent the entire night boiling. There is strange decor and wonky plug sockets, the carpet looked like it needed a good hoover and the spare pillow had no case and was extremely stained

The bed was comfy and the bathroom was fairly clean in comparison to the rest of the hotel

It was ok...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The bed was comfortable...the room was a bit small but it was ok for one night...the parking was across the street...I found the people that worked there only did what they had too...no manners or happy to see you there...but I got what I needed...a bit run down in the lobby...but ok for one night stay...

If you don't have other options
    • Standard Queen Room

The heating system didn't work (still - the staff provided us a portable heater). We are still waiting for a deposit refund (after 2 weeks since the check-out)

I would not return.

Fire alarm went off at midnight outside the door for 30 -40 mons due to someone smoking in there room, no one knew how to turn it off. The front desk was not friendly when checking in and I felt like I slept in the electrical room, it was so small and run down. I did find it off booking.com for $100....if I had to pay full price I would not have stayed.

Value for your money

That the room was very small and there said there will be a mini fridge in my room when there wasin and did not like the pillow.

Warm and clean and nice staff good price for new years eve to.

For the rate you pay in downtown Toronto, can not complain too much.
    • Standard Queen Room

The internet connection is very poor, was not able to use my laptop, really slow! Breakfast was weak, and limited space for guest to enjoy breakfast.

The location and rate

Scammers

The entire place

Hoookers and drugs injecting addicts this place is terrrible gross and the lowest of what society can show... Utrecht disgust, Rotton Staff just as bad they’re company ..(guests)

The location is ok.
    • Standard Queen Room

Be careful about the security deposit. I was told, at the check out, that they wouldn't charge it, everything was ok. But that's not what happened. They charged it and I'm still trying to get my money back. After 6 calls and some e mails, nothing clear yet.

The location is ok.

Comfortable stay in a good location.
    • Standard Queen Room

The included breakfast was not very good. It only had cereal and muffins. It did have a pretty nice coffee station, but not too much different from the coffee provided in the room. The rooms had all the amenities but was quite small in itself. Just a warning for anyone staying, the shower head splashes a bit of water on the ground when the door is open, so make sure to put down the bath mat.

The staff was friendly and the bed was quite comfy. It had a beautifully painted wall near the headboard of the bed. The bathroom was quite nice as well, especially the shower and the provided products (ie. soap, shampoo, etc.) were really appreciated. The location was very nice! Near subways stations to get to any place quickly.

I liked the restaurant right in the hotel.
    • Standard Queen Room

The bathroom was so uncomfortably small. The room wasn’t upkept and there was hairs on the pillows when we arrived.

I liked the restaurant right in the hotel. The staff was very nice as well. I also liked that there was complimentary breakfast. The location was also in a good spot, close by to a lot of places.

There were condom wrappers and condom left in the room still...
    • Standard Queen Room

There were condom wrappers and condom left in the room still .used towel left in the room.shower door wouldn't shut properly so the floor got wet. Receptionist wasn't much help when we complained about the dirty condoms left in the room.

It was ok for the price
    • Standard Queen Room

Rooms are very small though clean, breakfast was minimal and I was not able to get parking on site - had to park 2 blocks away in public parking

It was cheap

Unpleasant
    • Standard Queen Room

The place is really dirty. Dust is everywhere. There was someones' hair on the bed, and the toilet was clogged. The place is not well maintained: some lightbulbs do not work, old paint. Yeah, and a horrible breakfast too.

Good clean budget accommodation close to TTC, run by friendly folks.
    • Standard Queen Room

A microwave in the room would be better. The elevator vibrates (yes, really) and probably needs some serious work soon.

Nice location. Heritage bldg with many upgrades. Friendly and efficient staff. Coffee machine and cable TV in room. Clean bathroom. Modest but decent breakfast included.

Overpriced for what you get.
    • Regular Queen Suite

They overcharged me on my bill and I had to call numerous times to get ahold of a manager to it refunded. The room only came with a small window ac unit and the walls felt very thin, where you could hear your neighbors and they could hear hear you.

Check in was 3 p.
    • Standard Queen Room

Check in was 3 p.m., I got my room at 4 p.m., sat in the lobby for 45 minutes waiting, no heat in lobby it was freezing, went up to my room almost an hour late and the room was like a meat locker, called the desk and they brought up a heater for my comfort, really, had to have a hot shower and jump under the blankets to get warm, turned on the tv and there was more snow on the screen than outside, now I am getting angry, called the desk, no help. Needless to say I had a terrible night sleep as the bar emptied out downstairs and the wind whistled through the cracks in the windows. Called down to the desk to ask time and was given the wrong time he said 610 am it was actually 630 am, really. When I checked out he said that will be 547 dollars for 5 nights. I said I am here for 1 night, no, yes I am, oh sorry wrong person, after everything I had been through the day before I thought we might start the day on a positive note, but apparently not. I had an appt. at the Toronto General Hospital so I wanted a hotel that was walking distance , after walking for 30 minutes I arrived, not happy as I am carrying my bags, the website said it was 8 minutes away, again pissed, the management did not care as they sent their workers to do the delivering of the heater and no apology, I was so glad to be the out of there I was in tears. I will never return to this hotel, there is no value for money, location is terrible and apparently heat isn't included with the room. Thanks for listening. VERY GLAD TO BE HOME!

No Towels
    • Deluxe Queen Room

When we got to the room, I realized right away that there were no towels. I called the front desk and they said they will bring them up for us. 2 hours passed and we still didn't have any towels. I called front desk again but no one was picking up. I kept trying to call for 20 min with no luck. Finally they picked up and I asked about the towels again and they said they will be up in 5 min. A half hour later and we still didn't have towels. I called again and they said they will be up in 5 minutes. Finally we got our towels. Very bad experience.

Leaving

Not the highlight of our trip to Toronto but it was ok
    • Standard Queen Room

Rooms are small, a bit worn and not as clean as some hotels. Housekeeping was a bit hit or miss, but if you make sure you hang the cleaning tag on your door as you leave in the morning, they will pull up the bed and empty the garbage. To get towels changed, you need to place them outside the door to your room. Also we had no face cloths or hand towels, just bath towels. Then on last day we got two hand towels! Ridiculous heating system will not stop pumping hot air into room, requiring us to have air con on all time. Called front desk, they said they would come up but never showed.

Easy access to metro, buses and street cars, cheaper than downtown hotels, stored our luggage on arrival and departure to suit flight times. Shower nice and powerful, always plenty of hot water.

Comfortable double room, which covers off all basic needs.
    • Standard Queen Room

Breakfast is pretty basic, but can't complain for the value. The air conditioning can be a little noisy, but definitely needed in Summer, and it can be adjusted to different settings while sleeping etc. anyway.

Comfortable double room, which covers off all basic needs. It's not the most central, but very easy to get around Toronto with uber etc, so not an issue. Staff were super helpful - helping out with printing documents, and easy luggage storage on checkout day. Secure card entry room, a little dated, but clean and comfortable.

2017 Invictus games weekend visit to Toronto
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Large comfortable Queen size bed, large clean room, table and chair for laptop use, good sized well stocked bathroom, small refrigerator and coffee maker to use, big screen TV.

overall a great disappointment, not like room in marketing.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The rooms were not cleaned properly and they had no ventilation. The air conditioners were noisy and ineffective. The plumbing was noisy and could be heard clearly through walls. Our room was like a box with the aircon almost on the bed, sounding like a jet engine and giving a chill on the back. We were moved after complaining but the "deluxe room upgrade" was only a bit bigger with the tv not working properly and unable to be fixed. With aircon turned on unable to sleep and the same when turned off.

Quick trip to Toronto
    • Regular Queen Suite

It was the only available hotel in Toronto for the dates of our stay that was in our budget. The breakfast was awful , very poor selection and cheaply done. Hotel could do with some fresh paint.

The bed was very comfortable. Mini fridge in the room was very handy.

did not have the two beds as requested.
    • Regular Queen Suite

did not have the two beds as requested. Rolled in a very uncomfortable cot. The tv remote did not work. Not very clean. Breakfast was toast, muffin, some fruit or cold cereal. Little choice. All in all, would not return or recommend.

Price was great, it wasn't too far from the downtown.
    • Standard Queen Room

Parking was difficult to find since no one explained it when I booked the paring but once we got the key to gain access to the parking it was fine. Bed was squeaking but not excessively, and sometimes staff was difficult to find as they weren't at the front desk.

Price was great, it wasn't too far from the downtown. The place was clean and I was happy to find a mini fridge in the room. Staff was friendly and the facilities were clean. Not fancy but good for the money!

i like the room as a whole
    • Standard Queen Room

What i didnt like is they charged me 206.92$ for 1 night in my credit card but in the receipt its 106.92$. im going to complain.

i like the room as a whole

This is easy, totaly unproffetional and don't know what proffetional trades people are, bodgers.

Totally unexpected on arrival, had to pay $100 deposit against room damage. sent to our room, which we refused, due to dirty bedding and too small for two people, got an upgrade to what they call a standard queen room at no extra cost. No tea making facilities in room, only coffee. Cleaning staff need cleaning lessons. $5 for overnight laundry, got it back next morning, not pressed of even folded and with somebody else's pillow case included. Breakfast could be greatly improved. there is a lot more, I could go on but I don't want to make you too tired. Check out the photo's.

Reception staff quite knowledgeable on the area. Reception area put's on a good front. The bar under the hotel was very good, called Gabby's, with good food and drink. It's rented from the hotel above. Very pleasant bar staff, and a Karaoke on the Monday night.

It is okay for a one night stay but I wouldn't suggest staying there longer.
    • Standard Queen Room

The room was very small and basic, one could barely move in the bathroom and at one point the toilet was clogged up for more than 12 hours with the reception staff telling us they would get it fix but not doing anything. The bathroom was somewhat clean but at one point we had towels that had holes in them. The breakfast was basically toast and tea/coffee and one kind of muffin.

The muffins at breakfast were nice and depending on who was at the reception the person was either very nice and helpful or absolutely rude and awful.

Loved that it was an old Victorian house

Was very small room my bathroom was a closet with sliding literally. Elevator extremely small I used the stairs instead up to 3rd floor

It was very clean with a nice patio and kareokee bar right downstais the rooms were very sound proof didn't here anything

Staff was great but hotel needs some work hands down
    • Standard Queen Room

Pictures were extremely deceiving, the rooms are nowhere near as big as the pictures make them out to be. Cleanliness level could have been stepped up as well, showers were scummy looking and the room needed a paint job.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Reasonable, cozy, friendly, great location
    • Standard Queen Room

Room was tiny. Would have liked a second bed but no availability when I booked. Some sort of liquid on the side table had not been cleaned up.

Loved the location, close to the subway. Loved that there was a restaurant on premises and others close by. Atmosphere was good. Staff was friendly.

It is not worth the money! We did not believe the earlier commets and we did regret it!
    • Standard Queen Room

The bathroom was dirty with hair and further unidentifiable stuff and the drainage of the bassin did not work properly, even after the room was "cleaned". The blanket had some yellow spots, really ugly. The staff does not know the parking rules of the closest public parkings particularly not on weekends and holidays.

The location of the hotel is fine. The staff is polilte and friendly.