Reviews of Hotel Jardin Ste-Anne 2 stars

109 Rue St-Anne, G1R 3X6 Quebec City, Canada

#82 of 104 hotels in Quebec City

The location was good
    • Budget Single Room

The check in was very poor. I did not know that I had to check in at another hotel. The room was very small and no air conditioning or fan

The location was good

Not worth the money

Someone had tried to break in at some point...... Poorly repaired, the wooden door was splintered. Lock didn't seem very secure. Window opened to a drop of 3 stories below..... With no safety rail. Hall carpets were stained. Hotel seemed totally neglected

Good location - could walk to the bus station

Hotel Ste. Anne is ideal for young travellers but not for the weak-kneed.

The hotel has narrow, wooden, winding stairway...difficult to bring up luggage manually esp for seniors. Stayed at second floor room 25 but seemed on the third level. Would have been better had we known that Hotel Champlain beside St. Anne has same owners and with elevator. I wanted to move to Champlain but fully booked. I wanted to move to the ground floor of Ste. Anne but fully booked. And that was the only time the counter at Hotel Champlain offered the service of a bell man. We checked out at 5:00 am to catch the 5:30 ViaRail to Montreal - had to quietly maneuver the narrow stairs with me and my husband bringing our bags together one at a time. And advising guests to take a cab from the station would have been appreciated notwithstanding closeness of hotel to the station but forgetting to mention that the roads to hotel are uphill. The hotel ad picture in the web is miseading...the arc seems to be part of the hotel when it is the Ville de Quebec arc across the hotel.

Centrally located within walking distance to sights. Hotel offers eco-frais $5.00/day rebate when you save on your towels and room cleaning.

Disgusting

See above comments

Nothing this place was the terrible water in shower ran out after 1 minute no air con in room so had to leave window open to get some air in the room and had to drag luggage up and downstairs that were so narrow they were dangerous

Great location, good value.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No elevator and the first few steps in the doorway are tricky, so it's awkward with luggage. Bring your own reading light -- those in the room aren't sufficient.

Great location for walking around the Old Village sites, shops and restaurants. Congenial staff. Spacious room. Good wifi service.

Close to major attractions awesome experience.
    • Standard Queen Room

Home feeling experience. The hotel offers 10% off coupon for a restaurant nearby and it's worth trying out! The opposite to the hotel is Morrin College, we also had a tour there, very interesting!

Weekend in old Quebec
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No coffee machine in room however there is a paying coffee dispenser in the lobby, water preasure was low second morning, need to register at hotel next door but that was ok

Location was great , nice little old hotel!

Overall, it was a very enjoyable and seamless stay that was disrupted by a few inconveniences.

We received a call on our first morning, seeing if we would be in the room at 11:30am, at which time someone would be coming to the room to take measurements for a renovation. This wasn't a big deal but it did seem a little weird. Also, we did not receive hand soap when we first got the room, and some hand soap that we brought and placed by the sink was thrown out. This was disappointing as it was a valued soap and it seemed unnecessary for it to be discarded.

We enjoyed our stay. The staff is excellent. We had
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It would really be important to have access to have a coffee machine that works in the Hotel Ste. Anne. The rugs in the stairwell should be upgraded. It would be good to have more toilet paper in the bathroom. TV stations are very minimum.

The location, the authentic ambiance of the area, the valet parking as important and it felt safe. Shower was great EXCEPT you need to add a safety bar and bath mat to put in the shower so that it would avoid slipping in the shower. The recommendation for La Buche Restaurant was great.

The location near the touristic area and the charm of an old...

I was told that by paying two nights I had two full days of parking ( paid 24$/day), but I was charge an extra 10$. I would have appreciated to have been clearly informed, as I asked the question upon my arrival. Carpets need to be changed. Room on photo was not the one given, much smaller. A lot of moisture (vapor in the mirror ) in bathroom that was coming from another room.

The location near the touristic area and the charm of an old building.

Mostly positive. Would stay again. Not a place for anyone with mobility issues.
    • Standard Queen Room

Stairs! First, the threshold into the lobby was at a steep weird angle. More than once, I nearly fell in or out the door. I had requested a low floor, but that seemed like news to checkin staff. We ended up one flight instead of two up.

Location very convenient. Bed was comfy, sheets very soft, large tub, good water pressure, parking available at an extra charge.

Expected a bit more for the money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Attractive archway in photo is not part of hotel. It is across the street on a pedestrian walkway leading downtown. Reception is up the street in another hotel (owned by same group). Very steep stairs, narrow hallway, no breakfast, coffee machine $1 per cup. Frig in room did not work properly and was noisy. Tiny bathroom, limited room to move in room, good thing we had 20" suitcases.

Beds were comfortable, very easy to walk to Old Quebec City. Valet parking worked well.

Awesome location, cute and comfy
    • Budget Single Room

Lots of stairs to third floor (heritage building) and very small room with only windows, no fan... but it was cute and worked very nicely for the night. View to the Chateau. Vending machines out of water, but staff at associated hotel next door were helpful.

Great location and value. Comfortable bed and clean bathroom. Extremely accommodating staff at adjacent associated hotel. Pleasant lobby lounge area.

Not very pleasant
    • Standard Queen Room

There were A LOT of noise from the upstairs guest, we could not sleep properly! The soundproofing of the corridor was not on point either. Also, someone mistakenly entered in our room at the middle of the night and the staff was not helpful at all in dealing with the problem. The staff was not helpful at all when we wanted to check in earlier either.

The room was very clean

good value for money in a a central location

My husband and I feel that Hotel Jardin St Anne is good value for our money due to the hotel central location in Quebec City. The staff was friendly and communicated with us in English and French. The facilities was clean and comfortable. Our room is located on the ground floor and we enjoyed our stay.

Excellent value for the location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Would have been nice to have free tea or coffee. The machine asked for loonies but we never had loonies on us. Also it would have been nice to have a mirror outside of the washroom with brighter lighting.

This was mostly about location. It is a quaint little hotel right in Old City so everything was within walking distance. It was clean and quiet and sufficient, and the front desk was helpful and friendly. For the price, it was an excellent value.

Save your money for a better value place.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

This proprry is managed by a sister hotel next door, and it shows. The place is clean, but poorly maintained and serviced. Our hair dryer was broken. The cleaner removed all our towels without leaving us new ones, when we asked for more, reception handed them to me, insread of sending them with a staff member (I was on my way out, not going back to the room). This is way overpriced for what you get.

Nice reception staff, great location, clean room.

Recommended for a quick solo stay inside Old Quebec

The room was just ok. We were not surprised by the building being old, but the carpet, curtain could be cleaner. The bathroom is very small and the room door has some gap so you hear noise from the corridor. A warm blanket is also very welcome in winter. The heater button is a grey button deep inside the room which you can easily fail to pay attention.

I can't deny that it's a great price for its location in Quebec. If you are traveling on a budget and still want to stay inside Old Quebec, this is it. However, you get what you pay - I wouldn't expect any luxury out of this deal. It's a good location for a solo traveller. The reception is not in this building - there's a notice at the door that you should check in at a different hotel right next to it. We didn't have a problem because we read other reviews beforehand.

I was happy to leave.
    • Budget Single Room

The air conditioner: it threw cold air (in winter) into the room and impossible to stop it... I was obliged to sleep with winter outdoor's underwears and i got a cold. the next morning I told the reception about this problem, they said that they would tell the personn in charge of the maintenance but they didn't offer me any commercial discount.

Very convenient location. Quebec was fantastic and the hotel was pleasant but basic.

The room I first had had a broken door handle and the lock didn’t seem secure. The staff were helpful and switched me to another room. The hotel is old and could do with renovating. Things were clean but tatty.

The location was great, and staff were very helpful.

Great location but facilities not up to scratch.

Rooms were small. Our friends had trouble with their toilet. Coffee machine cost $1 even for a paper cup of hot water. The microwave was showing a lock sign. If I return to Quebec, I will pay a bit more for the associated hotel a few doors up - Le Champlain.

We were lucky to get two rooms on ground floor looking out to snowy garden. Pleasant surprise was the beautiful sitting room and large dining room table which our group of four enjoyed using.

Perfect little pitstop. Not fancy but very cosy and comfortable.
    • Standard Queen Room

With my big dog, might have been a little easier to enter and exit if we were on the main floor, as opposed to 1st floor, because the stairs are very steep and she had a really hard time getting up them.

Breakfast nextdoor at the main hotel, Champlain, was awesome! Croissants were to die for. Never had one like that before. Selection was decent and was really fun using the waffle machine! Loved the electric fireplace in the room. Added to the very cosy experience of the room. Everything in town was within walking distance. They have a valet parking but we opted to park underground at the city hall. Was 8$/ 12 hours. The negative reviews I saw made no sense. We rarely heard noise from other people, the room was extremely clean and well-kept. Bathroom is small, but what do you expect from a 200+ year old house?? Highly recommended!The staff are all really friendly and helpful as well!

tiny room, every square inch wisely used, clean, quiet at night
    • Budget Single Room

it was not an issue for me - single traveler staying for 2 nights, but may be an issue for you: VERY little space to accommodate luggage if you have any, no coffee/tea-maker, no fridge. You can buy hot water/tea/coffee/snacks in the machine in the hall though (1 CAD each drink as of Jan 2018). You can also get together in the hall if you wanna have a chat (you will hardly have enough place and chairs in your room to do it if you travel in a company of three or more). Narrow and steep staircases (imagine old Amsterdam).

the house and furnishings ARE old, but fully functional as they are, I would rather call it antique charm than shabbiness)) despite the tiny size of everything the space is well organized and everything, although it may be rather basic and lacking style, is VERY clean. No bed bugs or ants, triple-checked)) May get rather cool at night but is absolutely fine under a blanket. Situated in the plain center of the high town (old town of Quebec) but in a very quiet street a couple of blocks from all the restaurants and pubs. For me the spirit of a long-inhabited and well-kept historical house definitely beats the disadvantages. But be warned))

Located in Old Town made it easily navigable

It should be made clear that check-in is next door on the right at Hotel Champlain. I arrived late at night so it was scary when no one answered the doorbell. We had to call to find out where to check-in. The bathroom is really tiny so it is very difficult to change there.

The location was very convenient. I had a good view of the street. The bathroom includes shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel. There was a microwave we could use. There are vending machines that only accept 1 or 2 dollar coins.

Great Location
    • Standard Queen Room

When I first arrived, the door was locked from the outside with no signage indicating how to check in. It wasn't until later that I found out from someone passing by that the owner was the same as Hotel Champlain next door, and so it was only then that I found out that you needed to check-in via Hotel Champlain to get into Hotel Jardin Ste-Anne. Maybe I missed something during the booking process, but that was a bit frustrating.

The location was great! Pretty central in the Old Quebec area so sightseeing was nice and easy.

Really nice, close to all turistics points and good restaurants

Stairs...

The staff was on point with me. I made a mistake in my reservation and they were super nice with me. The location its the differencial, inside old Quebec, close to everything.

Good economical choice for a busy tourist town

Walls are pretty thin and while this was just a couple minutes so not really annoying, you will hear neighboring rooms, especially if they are above you, when they are loud

Convenient to sights in Old QC, and in heart of tourist district so plenty of restaurants etc. Hotel is in a quiet section of the old city. Room was clean and comfortable. Staff is actually next door at a pricier hotel, and that’s where you check in and out.

Bed bugs, worst experience ever
    • Budget Single Room

Bed bugs, as soon I woke up, I saw several bugs on the bed, so I informed the reception right away and left the hotel, at first I didn't panick but later in the evening and the day after I was shocked when I saw my body, my ears and my face, I contacted the hotel again, they agreed to refund the room and the pharmacy cost but not the clothes I threw as I had no possibility for washing them and I was already on my way driving to Toronto. Even if the hotel was well located and at first seemed clean and great, with this incident it ruined the whole quebec experience, I wouldn't recommend this hotel now but hopefully they will get rid of this bugs soon.

Very convenient location, friendly and helpful staff,...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Needed instruction before parking, reception desk is located in the hotel next door (sister hotel?)

Very convenient location, friendly and helpful staff, parking spaces available

Well... it's in old town

It's tiny in a way similar to being on a ship. You cannot really have the bathrom door closed and sit on toilet at the same time. The floors are canted at a 15-20 deg angle. The windows are offset double frames and awkward; would be helpful if there was a provided way to jam them open. Carpet utterly grotty but place otherwise clean. Check in is next door at the Champlain which was not clear. Parking is not included (but really should be), 24$ day, and they insist on taking your keys. Park at city hall down the street instead but factor in that cost. The entry stairs are very steep, no elevator. Particularly given that it was off season, for what you get i would have expected it to be cheaper, but quebec seems v expensive. Housekeeping consistently comes v late in day which was inconvenient. No coffee maker but small fridge. It wasnt terrible, we had a surprisingly nice view, but it was a bit like staying in a small damp tilted cupboard.

Location is v good. Room is v small but did have a tiny private washroom. Room was overall quieter than i would have expected given location and that there was a crack in the room door frame big enough to see clearly into the hallway (seriously).

The location is very good.
    • Budget Single Room

I booked this hotel because it offers the cheapest room in Old Quebec with air-con, just to find out the aircon didn't work! The building shares an aircon. There was absolutely no air in my single room, and it was very hot, even the bellboy said so. I called the front desk but no one picked up the phone (maybe they were busy talking to other lines). At the end, it was only one night, and I didn't wanna make a fuss.

The location is very good. It's close to all the attractions in Old Quebec and the nightlife area.

Hotel is in great location.
    • Standard King Room

My husband and I are elderly (both in 70's). My husband has hip and knee problems. I asked for no steps when I made the reservation and they were very much aware of this and mentioned it when we got there. Our room was located up 2 different steep, winding, narrow staircases and on the top floor. We should have been made aware of this before we arrived so we could have made other arrangements. I am aware this is an old building inside the wall but our room location about ruined this visit for us!

The location was great!

The location was excellent and the bed was very comfortable.
    • Standard Queen Room

The towels were thin and small. We had to ask for extra pillows. There was no coffee maker in the room and a charge for coffee in the lobby though it was only accessible to paying guests.

The location was excellent and the bed was very comfortable. It was convenient to have a small fridge.

Amazing location. A bit expensive for the type of room

The room was small and the bed not too comfy for the price (I think it was a bit expensive). Also we were in the last floor so going up with all the luggage was a bit complicated.

The staff was very friendly. Location was amazing. Very clean

Great location, walking distance too restaurants, shops, and...

Tiny room, uncomfortable bed. The street was loud and kept us up.

Great location, walking distance too restaurants, shops, and entertainment. Staff was friendly. Parking was expensive and not at the hotel location, a valet service was provided for 25$ a day.

Not entralled.
    • Standard Queen Room

I may have missed it but there isn't any elevator which can be an issue for more mature adults. The bathtub is an accident waiting to happen as there isn't an safety mat or tub strips. nor safety bars to grab. The wall of the shower tub stall have mold. The entire place needs 'refreshing'

the staff was friendly & the room was clean

Avoid this hotel at all costs - it is not what they state in the write-up.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The entrance, the lack of air conditioning(although this was listed in the write-up), the awkward staircase to the 2nd floor, the bedding needs updating, lack of ventilation in the room - we were switched to the Hotel Champlain which was great.

nothing about this property was good. The write-up and list of accommodations were NOT ACCURATE. It is a disaster and should be gutted and redone. There is NO AIR CONDITIONING. It is a old building without updates except for the bathroom.

Old Quebec is beautiful to walk around in and lots of shops and site seeing to be done there. Three
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No air conditioning in room and only one very small window per room that was open for fresh air.

The facility is in a few buildings. So the front desk is in one building and you may be in another. Little confusing when you first arrive. The rooms do not have air conditioning....even though they say they do. There was one small window in our room that was 6X12 inches big that was supposed to cool down our room. We asked for fans and got them which was great. I would not go there when it is hot out. The beds were fine and the room was clean. Breakfast that you pay $12. for was not that great. Service at front counter was excellent though.

Very basic room, not expensive but could have been so much better

Small basic room at top three floors up with 33 narrow stairs and no lift. Imagine dragging your luggage up there ! No tea/coffee making facility in room just coffee machine 3 flights down! Double room but only one bedside table and light. No chair. Telephone not working.

Good location - central, quiet. Great bathroom/shower. Comfy bed

Quebec is a fun, historical city with tons to see. Friendy peope
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

An in room coffee maker would be nice. There was a huge desk that could accommodate one perfectly. There was a coin operated coffee machine in the sitting room but no cups were on hand anywhere. A valet was called to park our car off-site somewhere for our two day stay. We were told to be sure we took everything we needed because we wouldn't have any access to it. So if you forget something, you are out of luck.

Bed was comfy; room was adequate and clean; we luckily were on first floor as there is no elevator; we brought dinner back to the hotel and ate on the quaint patio area which was nice. NOTE: check in is at the Hotel Champlain west of Hotel Jardin Ste Anne and there's a small parking area across the one-way street where you can park and check in. The location is awesome. We waked everywhere. Lots of restaurants 5 min walk away pus a little grocery store.

I wouldn't recommend this, if your going to stay in Old Quebec may as well get in deeper.
    • Standard Queen Room

Extremely small room. There were no glasses in the room, the check-in was in the building next door. The Hilton was cheaper way nicer and only a few blocks away.

Location was very good. Obviously in this area it is very old is a given, what did I like, there was wifi and it was clean.

nothing fancy, but very clean, great great location. Would recommend.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Some tight corridors and stairs to get to the room, but can t complain it s a 2 star.

Located at the heart of quebec city's touristic area. Very accessible and very clean for a 2 star hotel.

We switched to the adjoining more modern hotel after the...

Room was really for one person. Odd shape with little room for luggage. Bathroom was so small. Door to room didn't close properly.

We switched to the adjoining more modern hotel after the first night.

We enjoyed the stay. Staffs are friendly and helpful. Very clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The corridor in the older portion will be better with carpet replaced by wood or laminate floors like the bedroom to eliminate the old carpet smell. Other than that is good. Hand soap was missing in our bathroom.

Staffs are very friendly and helpful. Even we drove a van with cargo box, they are able to have parking available for us. Wifi is good. Room is very clean.

Good budget hotel in Old Quebec

I requested a quiet room well in advance, but was given one facing the street. The room was in need of updating, in particular the carpet was stained. The coffee machine was out of order when I arrived. I tried to use the hotel's garden twice, but it seemed to be used by handymen rather than hotel guests.

Excellent location.

Horrible
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our toilet in the room nor did our shower. When I called front desk they said they would fix it after we leave. Mad ot tricky with kids everytime they had to use the washroom to go find one somewhere else.

The location was good.

A good basic but old fashioned property in the heart of Old Quebec
    • Budget Single Room

The fixtures and fittings have seen better days and although the property is clean, the furniture is very dated. The bathroom was quite small and needed some negotiating around because of the unusual layout.

The location was excellent for the old town and the check in staff were very helpful and efficient. The room was functional and had all the basics that I required. The view was excellent.

Very good experience in Old Quebec
    • Standard Queen Room

If I had some physical limitations this would not be the best property, but I am sure the staff would do their very best to accommodate. The location is excellent and finding places is easy.

Did not eat at their restaurant. Decided to go nearby. I found all the dining experiences even for a solo traveler very good to excellent.

Great location. Terrible room.
    • Budget Single Room

room was really small. bed was really small. the lock on the door was not working well (no deadbolt). There was no air conditioning and it was really warm.

It was exciting to be downtown but didn't have a great experience at the hotel.
    • Standard Queen Room

We had to climb dangerous stairs up to the 2nd floor. Luckily we were both able to get up the stairs but were completely out of breath when we got to the top. There was a leak with water being emptied in a pot on the 2nd floor. There was no parking except for valet parking. They had to take our car away as quickly as possible and there was a downpour and we couldn't get our clothes out of our suitcases so they took our car without us having any bedclothes or extra clothing to change into for our dinner at Hotel Frontenac later in the evening. My hair and clothes were wet but had to go to dinner slightly wet. I had no bed clothes to sleep in. We intended to leave around 6 a.m. but couldn't get our car until 7 a.m. None of this information was told to us prior to us arriving.

Bathroom was large and clean. Bedroom was comfortable enough.

Very disappointing and a rip-off.
    • Standard King Room

This was not really a hotel - more like a sleeping room. Reception was at another hotel and there were no amenities in ours and no staff. TV did not work, poor AC, tight quarters, very difficult to manage the steep narrow stairs to the top floor with our luggage. The famous garden was a pile of weeds - totally overgrown and tables dirty. It wasn't inexpensive either.

Location was the only good thing.

Quaint hotel in the heart of Old Town Quebec
    • Standard Queen Room

Only had off-site valet parking (which was inconvenient), steep uneven steps to front door and to access rooms

Excellent location near all the sites in Old Town Quebec, clean quaint room, very friendly staff

Great location, but poor comfort and services
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Flooring in room and washroom was slanted which made me feel very nauseous. No access to an elevator and had to carry our suitcases up a very narrow,steep staircase. No complimentary coffee or coupons offered.

I liked that we were able to walk to local stores and tourist attractions.

Location was fantastic, in the middle of everything.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Keep in mind that it's a old house converted into a hotel, so expect the rooms to be very small. Including the hallways and the stairs. No elevator. The house is uneven. I found dirt socks inside the night stand, candy wrappers underneath the bed. The coffee machine was broken.

Location was fantastic, in the middle of everything. The hotel is old , so gives you insight what a house look like back in the old days.

Not worth the money
    • Standard Queen Room

Paper thin walls and creaky floors above us, entry stairs were a nightmare,housekeeping forgot to provide towels, nothing working in the kitchen (coffee machine or vending machine), toilet didn't flush properly. Drafty room on windy day. I booked expecting 'historic' but just got 'old'. Not worth the money.

Located close to restaurants and entertainment.

wonderfull location
    • Standard Queen Room

I had a room in the attic. The room was ok inside, but to get there I had to climb ancient, narrow stairs. My room (24) was also by an engine room and was a continuos noise through the night.

wonderfull location

Good Location but....
    • Standard Queen Room

Definitely not a handicapped accessible hotel! The front steps are very scary and should be redone. The tub did not have a safety handle for assistance in getting in and out of the tub. It was not clear when booking the room that check-in would be done at the hotel next door and that breakfast was also next door and there was an extra charge for the breakfast. The rooms are very small, very European; just the bare necessities. No drawers in the room (we had) so we could not unpack our suitcases. Again a minor inconvenience since we chose the hotel for the location.

The location was excellent. We knew the hotel was older but chose it for the location. We liked being able to walk everywhere. Take the Red Line bus tour your first day to get orientated on the upper and lower parts of the city before exploring on your own.

Cute little gem in Quebec city!!!

No problems at all!

This hotel is in an excellent location, literally 5 minutes from everything! The hotel seems as if it was an old house, its very unique and cute. Had no problems, with the room or service. Car park was valley service which you have to pay extra for.

Do not recommend

There were rickety, narrow stairs, very difficult taking suitcase up them. No staff to help with bags. The room was very small, felt like a student attic room. Would not stay there again.

The bathroom was nice, obviously just renovated.

Hotel Jardin Ste-Anne taken over by Hôtel Champlain Vieux Québec
    • Standard Queen Room

The hotel was just acquired by the Hotel next door, Hôtel Champlain Vieux Québec, so you had to check in next door, and there was really no Hotel Jardin Ste-Anne. Where the front desk use to be was covered over with a sheet. The "lobby" was like a living room, but not much was going on there. There was no staff around. The Hotel next door seemed very nice, and much more was going on there. But, they didn't really explain the situation, and whether you were suppose to use their facilities. So, hopefully in the future, that will all be worked out. They have some plan for renovation, but it was not clear.

Location was fantastic, very quiet, bed was very comfortable!! Cost was reasonable in comparison to alternatives at the time.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Cheep, Cheerful... beware of hidden costs
    • Standard King Room

Lots of hidden costs, i.e. parking is $25 / day + $25 / day for breakfast + the dog is $20 / day. In total per night it became equivalent to staying at a 3-4 star hotel, while this is only a 2 star. The main shared areas were in bad shape, it needs a renovation.

Great location. Room was cheerful. Staff is super friendly & helpful.

Wish we were staying longer!

Na

The rooms were incredibly quiet and comfortable. This is an ancient hotel: it is tiny, but it is steps from the Chateau Frontenac and all amenities and fantastic shopping and restaurants. Those things are the reasons you are staying here, not for a spacious room. It was incredible. I would recommend this hotel and stay here again.

Good for sleep only
    • Standard Queen Room

First - note on door said to get key next door at Champlain hotel Second - step into older facility, step from street is dangerous for physically challenged. Third - bathroom WAS clean but quality workmanship in fixups poor

Was a place to sleep, don't expect luxury, struggle to even give it a 2

Comfortable and well located.
    • Standard Queen Room

No tea making facilities in rooms but there is a microwave and a coin operated coffee machine in the common area so one way or another you can get a hot drink. No lift, so the steep stairs could be difficult if you are frail. Handy common area with comfortable armchairs.

Good size rooms Clean modernized bathroom Beds comfortable Friendly and helpful staff Great location in the old town, so easy walk to all the sights.

Cute, charming hotel with old time feel, but that's...
    • Budget Single Room

Very thin walls - heard the couple next door having sex and everyone walking in the halls. Room was very hot and uncomfortable.

Cute, charming hotel with old time feel, but that's about it...

Wonderful location within the wall, an incredibly short wall...
    • Standard Queen Room

I wish there had been a hot pot or coffee machine in room

Wonderful location within the wall, an incredibly short wall to many of the main sights, and a very comfortable room (with fridge!)

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

No tea and coffee making facilities in the room, and having to walk to another street for breakfast.

Central location, a short stroll away from buzzing streets, but set in a quiet street. Bedroom and bathroom were excellent, tea and coffee making facilities in the room would have been nice, as would breakfast in the adjoining Champlain hotel, but breakfast at Chez Jules, five minutes away, was excellent.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Cosy place.

Cosy place. Narrow staircase or smaller rooms may be a trouble for someone but this is a feature of the old houses in the city center. The room we were in was slightly tilted which was a funny feeling. The ground floor has a small lounge that we had all for ourselves since we stayed before the main season starts (beginning of May).

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Back to our old neighborhood
    • Standard Queen Room

Wi-Fi ceased functioning after the second day. Pet fee of $25 per night is a bit much if you stay a week. No breakfast provided and coffee machine was expensive.

Greatest features are convenience to most things and that pets are welcome.

Amazing location at a reasonable price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Small but efficient room with basic amenities and amazing location. Very typical old Quebec house. Low ceilings in our room but we are all short so no issues for us! If you are looking for a reasonably priced place, this is a great find.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Great economical home base since you will spend most of your wandering the old city anyway
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

A little dark and strange, didn't realize it was part of the the hotel next store- the one with the desk, the wine vending, breakfast, valet- etc.. However, that made it more private.

wonderful location and quiet too. Slightly charming no-nonsense room. Amazing shower- all was just right.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Charming building and location, lacking in comforts

The floor was slanted (which is typical of old buildings), but it was so much so that it affected the bed. When I lay on the bed, I felt I was going to slide down to my right side. It was very uncomfortable. Our room was also right next to the creaky old stairs and in the morning the sounds of people coming up and down the stairs (with their luggages) were very loud and woke us up repeatedly. There was no kettle in the room and that was very inconvenient because it was winter so tap water was extremely cold to drink and brush teeth with. There's a vending machine which charges $1 for a small cup of hot water. I think that's rather excessive, given that I paid almost $150 per night for my stay. Last but not least, checking in is at Hotel Champlain next door, but this was never mentioned in the email confirmations. Luckily when I arrived, the door to the hotel was unlocked (it was supposed to be locked), so I was able to use the reception intercom inside, and was informed that I needed to pick up the key at Hotel Champlain.

The location was great as it was close to tourist attractions and restaurants. The bathroom is clean.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Great Quebec visit.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room floor was tipped/ granted it's an old building.

The staff were great. Anthony at the desk was most helpful. They all were. And very pleasant. Ideal location!

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Great location in old quebec city.
    • Budget Single Room

It will be little hard to move for a traveler who has large suitcase because aisle is narrow and the stairs to the room are steep.

Great location in old quebec city. Room was neat, clean and so comfortable! Kind and friendly staffs.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Great location but a bit chilly

The room got very cold at night, the curtains were too long and went over the radiator so all the heat went up behind them. No tea and coffee in the room and the vending machines were empty.

Fantastic location and friendly staff

Browse Hotel Jardin Ste-Anne traveller photo gallery