Reviews of WelcomINNS Ottawa 2 stars

1220 Michael Street, K1J 7T1 Ottawa, Canada

#38 of 56 hotels in Ottawa

It was a very comfortable stay and close to good dining. I would recommend it to my friends

The hotel was conveniently situated to our event. It was surprisingly excellent when comparing it to the other hotels around it. The price couldn't be beat.

Good location with shopping mall and other stores nearby.

The bed was too soft for me.

Good location with shopping mall and other stores nearby. Good access to the city by bus also. Simple but tasty breakfast.

Stuff not up to standard. Breakfast was horrible. It says continental breakfast but it was very low class, no fruits, eggs, had to wait and ask for pancake mix

Overall, a good stay.

Some of the paint was peeling in the bathroom - not a huge deal but still. Also, not very convenient in terms of outlets to recharge phone/tablet, etc. In this day and age when most people have devices, it should be easier and more convenient to charge them when staying at a hotel.

Bed and room were great! Staff were friendly and informative. Proximity to the mall and transit were very helpful.

Great ratesand rooms, friendly staff, conviently located, two thumbs up!

No complaints from me for this trip, will definitely be staying there again. Only possible issue would be that I saw only two accessible parking spots available for persons with disabilities, I was using one and the other was utilized as well so not sure if anyone had to go without having an accessible parking spot.

Excellent location, close to all sorts of shopping and great restaurants, also a quick drive to the Montfort Hospital which was the purpose of the visit as I had an early morning medical appointment. Great, value will definitely be staying there again in November. Beds and pillows were very comfortable.

There are limited options in the room to charge electronic...

There are limited options in the room to charge electronic devices. As it’s not practical to add more electrical outlets, alarm clocks or room lamps with USB charging options would be nice.

Room was not properly cleaned
    • Standard Single Room

The room was not satisfactorily clean when I arrived. There was garbage in the shower, waste in the basket and the in-room refrigerator was disgusting.

The Bed was very comfortable

Good sleep and value for the price.

Coffee maker did not work, no plug in bath tub, random facecloth behind door, bed covers were not very neat. Tile grout is discolored.

Bed was good. Location for my visit was excellent. Price was good.

Our stay was really good.
    • Standard Single Room

Not a fan of carpeting but realize that a lot of hotels still have carpeting in the rooms and the hallways.

The main room was nice I noticed that the bathroom was really clean. The bed was comfy. The location was good there are lots of shops close by and it was a good for us visiting family close by.

The staff were not very welcoming, it's not a great area...

The staff were not very welcoming, it's not a great area as you lock your lobby door in the evening and have to buzz in the guests. The room we had was smelly, the hook on the bathroom door was broken, we didn't even attempt to have breakfast at this hotel and went elsewhere. I would not recommend this place to anyone nor will I stay here again.

Convenient location to get our daughter settled into university

The breakfast area is quite crowded and difficult to have numerous patrons getting food at the same time. Our breakfast was slightly ruined the first day by some extremely rude patrons who were not patient enough to wait their turn.

The breakfast was a very nice added touch. They kept the food well replenished. The rooms are very clean and the beds comfortable.

Scott at Front desk was amazing!

Bathroom wasn't clean! Room had a weird smell.

Scott at Front desk was amazing! But he was really tired when I was checking out. He worked at least 19hrs by then...definitely not fair!

Facility was clean and quiet.

Facility was clean and quiet. Didnt get my butt out of bed to try the breakfast, maybe next time. Scott at the front desk was top shelf in my books. He was accommodating and friendly left my mind at ease and stress free so I was able to thoroughly enjoy my stay in ottawa. cheers

Great stay for the price. Very clean.

Could replace their beat up chairs and carpet stunk a little. Location was quite a distance from the central activities in town. Could add hot water for those who are tea drinkers. The left elevator was malfunctioning a little.

Very clean bedding and towels and bathroom. Nice blackout curtains. Great to have free breakfast included in the room rate.

Awesome stay!

No pool, hairdryer didn't work.

Property was right off the highway, not far from downtown. Quiet area, no trouble with noise. Slept great! Very clean and great water pressure for the shower. Right next to Lonestar, so short walk to dinner.

Great location and staff... little overpriced

Expensive Gym very basic No hot items at breakfast Small tv

Good wifi. Location 5 min walk to St Laurent Centre (quicker to walk than to drive and park). Free breakfast Lots of free parking Close to 417 highway Excellent helpful staff

Good accommodation, but breakfast should have been better---set up and food.
    • Standard Single Room

Room--lighting over sink counter, harsh and inadequate, husband had difficulty in seeing to shave; I found difficulty applying makeup. Breakfast- too small an area, a lot of lining up, people reaching across to get something. Trying to get breakfast would have been better and easier to self-serve if items had been placed on a long table rather than everything on a small "kitchen counter". Two many carbohydrates---only protein available was small container of peanut butter---no eggs, bacon, sausages or cheeses. Only fruit were apples and Clementina oranges, which were unripe and tart. Our table for two was extremely tippy to the point that a touch of the table spilt our coffee.

Bed was comfy; room very clean.

Not so welcoming

The first thing we noticed when we entered our room was that it smelled stale. Later on we noticed finger/toe nail clippings on the carpet between the beds. When my husband complained to the maintenance supervisor who was standing at the front desk, housekeeping was sent up immediately to vacuum the floor. She had difficulty operating the vacuum, and because the cord was so tangled it kept pulling out from the wall. The bag cover came off and she couldn't get that back on so my husband did it for her. She was very nice and tried hard, but lacked training. Later on I dropped something on the floor and it rolled under the bedskirt. When I lifted the skirt to pick it up, there were more nail clippings under the skirt which hadn't been vacuumed up. Room lighting was totally insufficient; the bulbs needed to be stronger. To read in bed, I had to take the lamp shade off to get enough light. The toilet seat was loose and moved every time you sat on it. We asked for a wakeup call both mornings we were there. The first morning we got one, but not the second day. Luckily, I woke up early, but if you have an appointment, don't rely on a wakeup call. Breakfast was less than appetizing. You would be better to go elsewhere. When we checked out, the man at reception did not bother to ask if we enjoyed our stay or if everything had been alright. It's a little thing and costs nothing.

Beds were comfortable.

Not Worth the money spent
    • Executive King Room

What the Hotel deems "Continental Breakfast" is a hoax. Very shameful for them to call it as such. The Best way to describe, what was available as breakfast is "Snack" You have to prepare everything yourself. And the variety of food is very little. muffin, bread, pancakes. We couldn't find hot water. Someone had to go get Hot water for us

The Only thing we liked was that the Hotel was quiet and the room had microwave.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Disappointed
    • Executive King Room

$195 / night - far too high - from my experience $ should be approx. $100 - $120 max Breakfast was included but not advistised as continental which was not very good.

Employees were wonderful - very helpful and friendly!

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

I like it was quiet, not so mach traffic in the hallways , ...

would be nice if there is sign on the main street to make it easy to find .

I like it was quiet, not so mach traffic in the hallways , good WiFi, nice staff on the front .

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Not too bad.

There were advertisements of board games and movies on the website, which heavily influenced my decision to bring my kids there. I was told they've never had board games, was given 3 movies, one which was broken, and a dvd player that I had to plug in myself. Breakfast is served in the lobby which causes a bit of congestion in the area. Restocking the breakfast area seemed to take a long time everyday.

Beds were comfortable.

Close to the 417 and easy access to the wonderful bus system...
    • Executive King Room

I would suggest the sign on your building be bigger, although we had excellent directions and had no problem at all finding you.

Close to the 417 and easy access to the wonderful bus system at St Laurent. Staff very helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Did the job, but .....

bigger TV. Windows that open for fresh air. Motels are just as nice, newer make overs and cheaper. Don't think I'll be back.

extra flaky, Really, Lol. fast elevators. Good water pressure shower. Clean. price, OK ???

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

Need to enforce non-smoking

Room had a bad smell. Suspect a previous occupant had been smoking, even though it was a non-smoking room. However, the residual smell had not been removed.

Convenient location for Via Rail. Comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

Good, well connected base for Ottawa
    • Standard Single Room

The location was good. I appreciated having breakfast but was disappointed that they didn't have butter and that the only healthy option was a brown bagel. The room was spacious and well equipped. The staff were kind and helpful.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Facility make big noise, which makes you unsleep.

The toilet doesn't work and there are a lot of noise during the sleeping time. I don't what the noise is, every half an hour, the noise took place, which makes you unsleep.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

We had a large a room with a good size fridge and microwave.
    • Executive King Room

When we arrived we went our room and the the cleaning staff was sitting on the bed watching TV. She then finished vacuuming. On our day to leave the maid entered our room at 9am.not sure why. Check out time was 11am.

We had a large a room with a good size fridge and microwave. Location was close to everything we needed to do.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

A nice place to stay, overall

only 2 cereals. No berries. No yogurt or granola.No cream cheese for the bagels. Only syrup for waffles. To me 'free breakfast' means more than a continental style breakfast. And you need a new toaster. :-)

Coffee was good.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Good for a quick stay.
    • Standard Single Room

Breakfast is a little lighter than what you would normally get somewhere else.

The location is good. They have deals for weekends away. Close to a mall and theatres.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Don't stay for breakfast

Worst and again worst breakfast I have seen in many years. No bread, warm milk, poor fruit which is in season, the price of this place says there should be more burned .....

Location, renovations

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Clean secure comfort at a reasonable price

I was very pleased with my stay and I feel that I have found a new good place for me to sleep when I am in Ottawa.

This is a really great hotel if you want a comfortable,secure place to sleep or to use as a center of operation at a reasonable price. It is on a quiet street but only a few minutes by car to centre town. The free breakfast was not elaborate but had enough choice to be satisfying. The coffee was good.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

nice place to stay

The front desk staff were very welcoming, friendly and helpful. My flight was delayed and arrived at the hotel about 2am. The guy at front desk had been waiting for me and arranged my check in. The room is clean and spacious. The bed is very comfortable. A lot of free parking space available.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Great stay!

Continental breakfast was so-so. Waffles were great but Lacking variety for those who don't like waffles. Yogurt and fruit would be a great option! And better pastries...

Great location! Walking distance to just about everything and a short drive to everything else.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Just ok

Place getting run down. Access to property confusing. Not enough seating for continental breakfast

Location was close to my son's residence. Breakfast was OK.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

I would maybe recommend this hotel to others.
    • Executive King Room

Vending machines for beverages could not be found anywhere accessible to my room. I didn't like the fact that the desk staff were all white and the cleaning staff were not. It shows a form of racism related to the hiring practices of the hotel in my opinion. Everyone was courteous but having diversity in the staff hiring shows progressiveness of the establishment.

The room was very spacious and open.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Alright

Appliances were old, bathroom had coffee spilt on the wall and in the sink. The bathroom didnt look clean at all.

Breakfast was great! Check in was super easy. Location was great for price.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Desk staff should have mentioned the tour bus access
    • Executive King Room

The hop on tour bus stops at the hotel at 9am every day. Wasn't mentioned to us by the desk staff until I asked on our last day at 9:10. If we had known it would have saved us a pile of money and made things much easier. No fitness facilities.

Wlocation is excellent. Next to the St. Laurent centre and the bus station so very easy access to downtown and the museums.

quiet and clean

quiet and clean

The quality of the place

The quality of the place

To expensive

To expensive

Some of the rooms need an upgrade.

Mattress was not comfortable, pillows resulted in a stiff neck in the morning.

Not a lot of extra power outlets to charge multiple devices.

Not a lot of extra power outlets to charge multiple devices. This was probably the most frustrating part of my stay there.

Good. Need to have a better fare for Single occupancy.

Microwave plate does not rotate. It has no slot to sit over the projection on the base

Waffles were good, proximity to mall was convenient.

Waffles were good, proximity to mall was convenient.

All the comforts of home.

Breakfast needs a little more selection.

Beds were comfy. Rooms clean.

Breakfast a little basic compared to competitors

Breakfast a little basic compared to competitors

Bed confort

There was not much food for breakfast

Bed confort

It was excellent.

Good choice
    • Standard Single Room

Coffee maker is not working well :) that’s it

Staff are always smiling

Clean and quiet hotel
    • Standard Single Room

There was only peanut butter for protein. No eggs or yogurt

Very quiet. The beds were comfortable

Location was great.
    • Standard Single Room

Rooms are a little tired. Breakfast area a little cramped.

Location was great. Lots of free parking on site. Room was clean

Nice place to stay

That it's clean

It was really nice to be able to park the car and walk to...

It was really nice to be able to park the car and walk to the eating establishments that were close by.

Competitively priced

Problem with TV remote

Texas Lone Star Restaurant and St. Laurent shopping nearby

minimal

nothing at all

minimal but adequate breakfast

Average.
    • Standard Single Room

Hidden hotel. Bad advertising. Expensive rate.

Good breakfast but very cramped area. Room was clean. Good location, next to mall. Not far from city.

Good place for a night stopover in the city

Free parking and Rideau canal is approx. 10 mins by car. Breakfast is basic but enough to get you started for the day.

Great stay

Rooms smelt a little funny

Clean and comfortable bed

Over priced!

Bed was shaky and i think broken

Staff was ok

well situated if you do business in Gloucester good Wifi

Ordinary breakfast

Strong Wifi

Staff was friendly, easy check in/out

My mom and I got a cold during the stay, asked for an electrical kettle - Nope.

Staff was friendly, easy check in/out

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Cl See to my business location

Good hotel

Cl See to my business location

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

comfortable

It was a very basic hotel for one night stay

its location is nice

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Heater in room was always clicking like it was trying to...

Heater in room was always clicking like it was trying to start. Moved us to another room the next day. Maintenance was going to look at it.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Be excited about the cleanness but the breakfast

Continental breakfast.

Cleanness

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Had a good 2 night stay, clean and very quiet place!

No comment

I liked the comfortable puffy pillows

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Hidden gem in the capital!

Wi-Fi was hit and miss.

Location was great. Rooms were very clean and beds were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Quiet, clean and comfortable.

Breakfast was okay if coffee & a bagel is all you wanted.

Quiet, clean and comfortable. Ottawa General Hospital short drive away.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Awesome Place

Beds are extra comfy. We loved it

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Nice Hotel

The hotel is good,the staff is friendly..

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

It was a wonderful experience.

The room was nicely decorated and very clean with all the amenities we needed. The staff were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

the rate score mislead me. I should not chose it.

the staffs have bad faces, no smile. The location is not good. Breakfast is terrible.

the beds are comfort

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Good locations, clean
    • Executive King Room

The free breakfast was a disappointment.