Reviews of The Listel Hotel Vancouver 4 stars

1300 Robson Street, West End, V6E 1C5 Vancouver, Canada

#31 of 81 hotels in Vancouver

Short Vancouver city stay in "artie" hotel.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

My room was fine but no view as it was situated looking out onto a side street.

The staff at the Listel were very helpful. They advised me and helped me to book a day trip. I was most impressed with the recycling policy of the hotel. Set up very well. All the artwork made for an interesting environment in both the common areas and the rooms.

great place

Staff could have been a bit more flexible with refunding our last night but they gave us free parking for our stay there instead so that was great.

The bed was awesome. the coffee great. Overall we were so pleasantly impressed with the quality of the experience e.g. art everywhere and staff was super friendly. It didnt feel like a hotel where thousands of people stay, it felt more personal.

A great stay in a great city

Would have been a 10 if they had complimentary breakfast.

Shower 10/10 - amazing. Beds were great, room was really nice and big. Location is really good, right on Robson street for shopping, or going out to grab a bite or a drink, and a short stroll to the park. They had complimentary e-bikes you can borrow, we didn't get to try them because it was raining.

The beds are comfy and pillows not too full.

The beds are comfy and pillows not too full. The hotel seems to use “green” cleaning products, which I appreciated as they didn’t have the usual “hotel” scent. An extra bonus in my mind.

Very good hotel and great location

all good in my opinion.

The room I stayed in, 429, was very spacious, clean and comfortable. Nice Art work on display. Housekeeping staff were great and very friendly. Location is excellent and close to Stanley Park and good restaurants. Great atmosphere in this part of the city.

PRIME LOCATION
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Rude lady that checked us out. She was a mumbler too so it was hard to understand what she was saying. She wasn't very nice to her colleages as well.

Loved the location! Close to amazing asian cuisine and the ocean is just 10 minutes away! The free E-bike rentals were bomb! We did an amazing ride around the seawall! The staff when we arrived were AMAZING but checking out was a bit of a different story. Some rude lady checked us out and we weren't feeling that. Other than that everything was pretty amazing!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Amazingly friendly and efficient staff.

We only had one night there

Amazingly friendly and efficient staff. The bed felt like sleeping in a cloud. So comfortable. Couldn’t recommend this hotel more.

Great welcome service, no need to worry about the car, big...
    • Room Selected at Check-In

A bit pricey but that Vancouver.

Great welcome service, no need to worry about the car, big and clean room and I got a free bonus drink since I booked via booking.com

Great quick trip to Vancouver.

Room was clean and beds comfy-just needs updating. Scratches on older furniture, etc Bathroom a little small. Price point seems high, but I guess that's Vancouver.

The lobby is pretty, but very small so nowhere really to just hang if you wanted to just sit while others slept or got ready for the day. Front desk staff was lovely. The added touches of the cocktail hour, the morning french press coffee and the availability of bikes for a little ride were nice.. Great location. Quick walk to Stanley Park and beaches or to the ferry boats to Granville Island!

Great!

Its pricey and the rooms where not that good. Felt a bit old. The bathroom with toilet and shower in one and sink outside in the room was inconveniant. Dont know why they did that. Why not separate shower and toilet? I dont want to shower while someone is doing number two and vice versa.

The focus on environment was good. Location great. Lots of shops, bars and restaurants in the area. Walking distance to most places. Stanley Park, Granville, Gastown etc. Access to clean water and ice in the hallway on every floor! The restaurant and bar was 10/10. Friendly staff. Fitness room was good.

Great, central location in Vancouver.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No breakfast included in the rate although we did get free tea and coffee in the mornings. Would have been nice to get hot chocolate sachets for the children which we managed to buy from the supermarket.

The location was excellent. Very central on Robson St. The Gym was good. The restaurant looked good but we didn’t try it as rather expensive.

Very enjoyable Stay at a good family hotel
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bedspreads/duvets/sheets were pretty useless. Everything fell off the bed almost as soon as you fell asleep. The quality was a little worn as well but seemed clean so that was good.

The staff was really friendly, even the introverts whom you knew were having difficulty maintaining a smile :). Very international group as well. The restaurant Forage was also fantastic. Best eggs in a breakfast ever and a little hidden patio in the back with communal eating tables. Lovely serving staff as well, also very international and friendly. Rooms were fine, nothing special but the rain shower was great even though the room it was in couldn't have been smaller. All the connections you needed for multiple phones, laptops etc... handily placed. Awesome free French Press coffee room service every morning. Had some beers at Timber as well and was very impressed. Great idea!Overall, Staff 10+ hotel 7+, Food 9+.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Our stay was most enjoyable

This Hotel exceeded our expectations. It’s location was excellent and service was impeccable. We loved the freshly brewed coffee that was delivered to our room in the morning and our dining experience in Forage did not disappoint. We appreciated the artwork and loved the fact they were a green Hotel.

Great hotel in Vancouver
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The only slight downside was that the air conditioner in our room was a bit noisy. Not a bit deal for us but perhaps for someone sensitive to noise this would be irritating.

My wife and I really liked the hotel. The location is excellent, the room was spacious, and the hotel decor was very nicely done with interesting pieces of indiginous art. The staff are very helpful and provided a lot of good recommendations. They also went out of their way to find me a spot to work when I had to join a late night conference call with colleagues in Europe! A big thank you to the front desk staff for working that out. We would also highly recommend the hotel restaurant Forage. Excellent breakfasts (try the blueberry pancakes!).

The location is at the centre and easy to access to downtown
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff is really rude and did not facilitate us when we politely asked him to reserve taxi to the airport for us.

The location is at the centre and easy to access to downtown

Expensive and underwhelming
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Expensive for a very basic hotel. Additionally, the housekeeping seemed a little half hearted, e.g. very sloppily made bed each day, even leaving pajamas under the covers and throwing the duvet on top in the same hurried fashion I admit to doing in college, leaving used glasses unclean and ice bucket full on the bar

I appreciate the very green initiatives of this hotel, which encouraged me to book. Location is also very convenient. We were celebrating an anniversary, and the hotel left us wine and a nice card. Unfortunately we do not drink.

This hotel has the best location in downtown.

The time for checking in is too late, so we felt quite uncomfortable when we came here in the first day.

This hotel has the best location in downtown. I can find all kinds of restaurants and delicious food around here and different shopping center. Also, it is convenient to walk to the beach and the parks around here. Great location. The bed is soft so we can relax our backs well and prepare for the journey in the next day, and the room is very clean which gives us a good experience.

Well placed central hotel in walking distance to all Vancouver attractions

Queues at reception took ages to get a new room key when they changed the hotel locks So many added taxes to the room rate far more than any other hotel we stayed in and we stayed in lots.

Good position easy to walk everywhere from here. Free electric cycles to borrow Comfortable room with comfortable bed

Couldn't stay longer.

Location was great, right in the middle of the main shopping strip and close to everything you need. Bed was comfortable and room had all the required facilities. Just a short 10 minute walk to the water front. Would reccomend to family and friends

Nice find in Van City
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

As with most hotels, the Valet parking is expensive, especially with not much option in the immediate area.

Great little find with welcoming drink for Genius bookers, albeit the drink is for ONE person, not for two in the reservation, but asked for another token which was given. Nice rooms, quieter than I thought they would be overlooking the back alleyway.

Great place to stay in central Vancouver

The shower didn't have much water pressure.

Staff were friendly and helpful. The modern feel, with lots of artwork, was pleasing. The bed was comfortable. Having seltzer (sparking water) on tap was fantastic! It was great to be able to walk to the waterfront and around the downtown area. The free wine tasting, with a couple of Canadian wines, was a perfect way to start the evening.

The Listel staff is helpful, the hotel restaurant is great, no hotel shops.

We chose the Listel as we wanted a modern hotel. The dinner restaurant with bar, connected to the hotel, is extraordinary. The hotel also offers a nice breakfast delivered to the room. The lobby is sparse but there is a happy hour, complementary wine tasting in the afternoon. The bed and linens were very comfortable.

Great 4 night stay
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The room we had was adequate size. Lovely double shower but overall the bathroom was small and design wasn't great - sink was outside of the toilet.

Water fountains on every floor (including sparkling). Glass decanter type bottles in each room for water. Coffee maker; kettle; iron/ ironing board and a decent hair dryer all came as standard. Bathrobes and plenty of white fluffy towels. The hotel had some nice pieces of 'first nation art' in the hall ways and in the rooms.

Great location near a lot of restaurants.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Great location near a lot of restaurants. Close to stanley park and harbourfront. Check in was a breeze. Staff was friendly and quick to respond. Will stay here again

great location, very safe end of town and easy to walk to all the spots.

the design of the room was great, nice to have the sink in the corridor before the toilet so I could make a cup of tea whilst bathroom occupied. rare! also very eco aware. great to have a complimentary glass of wine and the valet parking and attention from the desk was awesome, really made the stay memorable.

Lovely little hotel within walking distance restaurants, shopping and Canada Place.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Not enough seating in lobby, especially once checked out and waiting transport to airport.

The staff was quite nice answering all my questions and helping to print out my boarding pass when the printer failed to work. They gave me a card for a free drink at the Timber 2 doors down. The salad was very good, everything fresh, and windows all around good for people watching.

Loved that they had filtered water and sparkling water on...

Loved that they had filtered water and sparkling water on tap on every floor! Close to all the shopping on Robson Street and only a few blocks away from Pacific Centre. Lots of restaurants within walking distance.

it was enjoyable apart from the item above.

Disappointing. I booked the Listel so my wife and I, coming from Vancouver Island, could attend a concert at the Chan Centre by the pianist Yuga Wang, put on by the Vancouver Recital Society. Unfortunately, 5 days before the concert, it was cancelled/postponed due to Yuga Wang being ill. I phoned the hotel and asked for my booking to be cancelled, but this was declined as it was "nonrefundable". I appreciate this, but I did think an exception would be made given the circumstances and the fact I am a long-standing patron of the hotel. No luck. I am not sure I will stay at the Listel again.

Great coffee facilities in room, liked the complementary...

WiFi could cut in and out less.

Great coffee facilities in room, liked the complementary morning French press service as well. Loved the filtered sparkling water tap.

Just where we needed to be.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

I always like bigger bath towels. We had minor issues with our electronic keys malfunctioning on a few occasions: but hey, that aint much of a big deal. .

The Forage breakfast diner was very good. Food well prepared and staff were very pleasant. The Timber Bar, located next to hotel, was pleasant enough and staff very attentive. Reception staff were also very helpful. A Number 5 bus stops outside hotel and takes you downtown every 10-15 mins.

There was no hot water when I had a shower.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

There was no hot water when I had a shower. They forgot to replenish my coffee so I didn't have a coffee in my room. They had not washed side bed tables.

Ticked the important boxes.

No fridge in room: but ice was available.

Decent hotel diner and bar attached was fine. Reasonably central location. Decided to rebook when returning to Vancouver.

Very warm and welcoming staff, location on Robson Street is...

The gym is small and doesn't have any windows.

Very warm and welcoming staff, location on Robson Street is great as well. The rooms were very clean and the fact that the hotel focuses on recycling and the environment (for example having shampoo dispenser on the wall) is very appreciates

Second stay for me and overall I think it’s a good spot.

I think the breakfast could be better. One freshly made dish option with the buffet would put it over the top. Also, I stayed there about 4 weeks earlier and staff didn’t know. They assumed it was my first time. Would have been a nice touch if they acknowledged I was a recent repeat guest.

Good vibe, good location, and good restaurant setting.

The staff were very friendly and we loved the complimentary...

The room was a bit old fashioned and not as nice as when I stayed on the 2nd floor before. The bed was still comfortable but not as nice as expected

The staff were very friendly and we loved the complimentary coffee.

Not great. Feel like I should get my money back.

This hotel was represented to be more modern and nicer than it was. It was like an old Best Western and completely overpriced for the quality and condition.

Bed was comfortable Hotel very clean and staff friendly

The free drink upon arrival turned out to be for one person ,so it was really a 2 for one deal. I found that misleading

Bed was comfortable Hotel very clean and staff friendly

Very nice art hotel

Slightly dated room, walls were peeling a bit. My mini fridge didn't work: I didn't need it but if I did it'd be annoying.

The staff were wonderful, very sweet and always helpful! The location was also wonderful, 15 min walk to English bay or Canada place and great Asian restaurants right next door. Also bubble tea!!

Wife and I both had cold showers.

Wife and I both had cold showers. Mentioned that to checkout staff and they didnt seem to care Valet parking guy adjusted my seat in car. Im sure he moved it in every way he could and adjusted all if my morrors. Why would you do that when you are only moving car 100 feet.

Not coming back

We must have been given the tiniest room, no dresser, no microwave. I kept reading about complementary French press coffee in the morning, and a jug of “filtered water “....where was ours?? I had to walk to Starbucks for my coffee. Bottom line, way overpriced for what got. Better off at the Sandman a few blocks away.

Good location, reasonable price.

I stayed on a Friday and a Saturday. Lots of young people enjoying themselves in rooms, somewhat noisy during evenings. Never prevented me from sleeping, though.

The opportunity to taste fine wines in the lobby, the presence of good comfortable armchairs.

Lovely friendly hotel.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bed mattresses could be more comfortable.

The staff were very friendly and the complementary morning coffee service was just great! We really enjoyed our time.

Great location and comfortable room though we struggled to regulate the temperature in the room.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

My partner did not like where his car was parked as it came back with a chalky residue that we initially feared had wrecked his audi since there was construction occurring around the hotel. We had anticipated underground parking.

The staff were always polite and helpful and the location was great.

This hotel looks nothing like the pictures advertised on the...
    • Room Selected at Check-In

This hotel looks nothing like the pictures advertised on the website. It was run down and out dated and absolutely not worth the price. The hotel does not even include toiletries in the room which should be a must have. Not impressed and will not stay again

Robson Street favorite

Parking is expensive....however it is valet operated. Parts of the interior of the rooms starting to show its age. ....but rooms are CLEAN.

The location is perfect for wandering around downtown and the West end. Shops...coffee...restaurants.....stanley park....sea wall walk .....so much to see do and taste all within walking distance.

The coffee was poor would have liked proper kettle and...

The coffee was poor would have liked proper kettle and facilities in room to make tea and coffee not the machine that was in the room. The room was small fir 3 people.

Would stay again!!

The wine tasting area...

The wine tasting with Nicky. She made the experience with her sparkling, warm personality. Nicky is the concierge and we think a perfect fit for the position. Liked the filtered water. Good bedding! Friendly staff!

A Great Place To Stay
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The people upstairs partying on Saturday night from 3-4:30 AM.

The location is excellent. The bed was very good. The staff were friendly. The attached restaurant and gastropub were great.

We've stayed at the Listel many times in the last 10 years, has become rundown & shabby.

Staff seemed inattentive, room was shabby. Older bed that kept slipping off the mattress pad. Curtain fell down as soon as we arrived.

Location. Complimentary wine at happy hour.

Fantastic, comfortable and luxurious! The breakfast was served by a lovely gentleman!

All amazing!

The beds were so comfy, the shower was the best I have EVER had. The ice and free water was a nice touch. The artwork on our floor and in the rooms was lovely. Although we didn't have any, the complimentary wine was another nice touch. The staff were incredible and very welcoming! Thank you for a wonderful stay! xx

This is one of our favourite hotels and we stay here every...
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The hotel used to have its own breakfast room and breakfast was included in the room rate. I regret their decision to out source that space and not include breakfast.

This is one of our favourite hotels and we stay here every time we visit Vancouver

the staff were so great and since it was our anniversary...

the staff were so great and since it was our anniversary they had a bottle of wine and glasses with a card waiting upon our arrival excellant service!!

Hotel very comfortable with some nice 'extras' inc foc.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Quite a walk from the train station.

Although coffee/tea facilities in room complimentary room service fresh coffee in the morning. Free wine tasting early evening. Very comfortable room. Great location for Stanley Park.

The BEST hotel on Robson Street in Vancouver, close to everything! Super quiet!!!
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Nothing at all to be honest.

Great location on Robson near all the amazing Asian restaurants, walking distance to Coal Harbor and Pacific Center, a calm and quiet hotel with a lot of amazing First Nation/Aboriginal artwork. Can't be beat.

A comfortable and excellent end to our trip to Canada

The room was extremely comfortable and the staff exceptionally friendly and helpful. The wine tasting in the evening was a lovely extra. The location was excellent for central Vancouver and easy to get around.

Would definately stay there again.

Room could have been cleaner. Found lint etc. on carpets and furniture. Suggest you install magnifying mirror in bathrooms for senior make up application.

Location was great...............Staff very friendly and accommodating.

After thirty hours transit from a holiday abroad.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

After thirty hours transit from a holiday abroad...we arrived to the quietest room and most comfortable bed...and an early check in. I fell ill the next day and staff went above and beyond!! Will definitely return.

Great central stay
    • Room Selected at Check-In

I know it's vancouver but the hotel is pretty pricey in my opinion.

Very central hotel, getting those electronic bikes for free was awesome, staff was super helpful and complimentary wine tasting great.

Upgrade heaven - thank you Hotel Listel

Absolutely nothing to say here. Very happy with everything. Would recommend to other travellers.

We were fortunate to receive a room upgrade. Fabulous - thank you!! After two long days of driving (Banff to Vancouver), including road construction delays from Lake Louise to Kamloops, and then on the final leg, a three vehicle accident at the southern entry to the bridge from Vancouver to Nth Vancouver, delaying our rental return by an hour. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was VERY spacious, including a living area. Bathroom large. Hotel is well located in town, in the shopping district. It is about 25 metres from a cafe that offers wonderful breakfasts and a good price.

The facelift was successful: a clean, stylish but not ornate place, with super-friendly staff

The running sparkling water highlighted on some floors is just a tap in an alcove along the hallway. No big whoop. And I thought the price a little high, even though downtown Vancouver is expensive anyway. If we were coming for three days or more, I'd probably go AirBnB--there are apartments in the many new apartment towers all over this part of downtown.

With a careful eye, you will quickly see that the Listel is a place from the 70s that has had a major facelift, most of which was very successful: it's clean, stylish but not ornate. The suite we had had a good amount of space, solid walls (no sounds from the elevators next door), and solid, clean furnishings. The staff were very friendly, prompt, and ready to answer questions and provide suggestions. The location is within walking distance of most of what you'd want to do in central Vancouver yet not crazy busy. And there is a wide variety of eating places--in terms of cuisine, price, and atmosphere--within 2-4 blocks.

Staff were friendly and helpful and the room was spacious...

the 23% room tax came as a shock, I stayed 4 nights and just about paid for a fifth! Having to book a table for breakfast in the hotel restaurant was a little inconvenient (it was delicious, but it means having to plan ahead during high season or risk "a 20-minute waiting list for a spot at the bar")

Staff were friendly and helpful and the room was spacious and quiet, and very well equipped. I really appreciated the water fountains and the room service coffee facility. Good location for shopping and sightseeing with Stanley Park and the Waterfront within walking distance. Some parts of downtown Vancouver can feel a little intimidating at times, but that wasn't a problem here. The bar attached to the hotel is a good option for casual dining.

Pleasant stay with great food and drink next door

The rooms are comfortable, but nothing special and showing significant wear and tear. Some noise from rear of property waste collection etc

Very well-located, the hotel is also co-located with an excellent restaurant, Forage, and a very pleasant bar, Timber. Food and drink can be charged to rooms. Staff helpful with information etc.

Not what I had expected when I booked.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

I expected something much more modern. The cleanliness was not great. We were here for 3 nights and as of day 1 the elevator carpet was filthy and not vacuumed once in those 3 days! Our room was clean but it had an old/lived life feeling to it. For that price I had expected much more. They only have 4 bikes on site (with the booking you were able to indicate if you wanted to use them) and the use is limited to 3 hours on a first come first use basis so we, instead, hired bikes somewhere else for the entire day.

The rooms were big. Very nice restaurant facilities connected to/with the hotel which served great food in both places. Nice idea with the free wine tasting in the late afternoon. Location is great and staff was nice and helpful.

Good location, but expensive.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Very expensive with no breakfast included in the rate. Would have preferred breakfast to a free glass of wine in the evening.

Rooms were large and clean. Half way along Robson Street, so easy to get to the main shops, Canada Place, Stanley Park. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Perfect area to stay with great customer service!

For a hotel of this quality I would have expected a little better than wire hangers when requesting extra hangers. AC was a little noisey when on auto.

Of course the location was stellar. Easy access to all parts of the city especially if you like to walk. Room was spacious and quiet plus coffee delivered every morning at our request as part of the room.

A perfect last two days to a special trip, we would definitely recommend the Listel to everyone.

Nothing it was amazing.

The location was perfect the room and balcony were just lovely we could see past the tall buildings to the ocean! So romantic at night just gorgrous. Staff were helpful and friendly. The free electric bikes were great fun too, we cycled to Stanley park.

Lovely, helpful staff - went the extra mile always.

Limited catering/room service. But the adjacent restaurant is excellent (Forage).

Free use of the hotel's electric bikes! The variety of artwork around the hotel. The exceptional staff.

good location but soft bed
    • Room Selected at Check-In

bed is not good. It is not good for the back. Too soft. - The room in the sixth floor has noise from the roof. The hotel staff kindly gave another room changed to the lower floor; then no noise.

restaurants nearby. good staff service. good airconditioner

Cool Art. variable service
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff varied from friendly and very helpful to much less so. We arrived early and one of the staff had us in our room by 11AM--four hours before check in time. For the most part front desk staff smiled a lot but didn't really deliver

Size of room. Room decor. Comfort of bed. Morning coffee service free.

Morning coffee delivered to room good

No relaxed lounge type public space for use of guests - 2 good restaurants but nowhere other than your room to sit and chill with a drink at the end of a day

Morning coffee delivered to room good

Wonderful, friendly,helpful staff.

Although it was great to have fresh french press coffee every morning delivered to our room, the quality of the coffee wasn't very good.

Wonderful, friendly,helpful staff. Fantastic restaurant, Forage, and great bar/pub, Timber.

Love the Listel

I can't think of one thing. I love the Listel.

Everything at the Listel Hotel is wonderful. The beds and linens are the most comfortable ever. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. The food at the Forage is memorable and ready for the Food Network. The still and sparkling water on tap is a unique touch. People in my group also enjoyed the complimentary electric bikes and the daily wine tasting. This was my second stay at the Listel and it won't be my last. Perfect location too. It is close to Stanley Park, bike rentals, and the subway.

Good location to see Vancouver

We were only there for one night so it met our needs. Was a bit pricey. The front desk personnel were very helpful giving us ideas of what to do for the day, directions and restaurant recommendations. We liked that Granville Island, Stanley park, and Gastown were all walkable distances from the hotel.

Friendly, good size hotel
    • Room Selected at Check-In

A few bits of decor needed refreshing in hallway but only minor

Staff were very helpful. Wine tasting every evening. Suggestions on where to go to eat and for activities. Free electric bike hire. This was a fun three areas on dedicated cycle routes Good location

3 days on Robson

rooms are a bit tired/traditional and small for the price could use a face lift to more contemporary look needs a lobby bar

location and staff were great - 2 attached restaurants quite good - high end and casual bikes available for use