Reviews of La Quinta Inn Vancouver Airport 3 stars

8640 Alexandra Road, V6X 4K6 Richmond, Canada

#10 of 24 hotels in Richmond

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I liked it being in a local area with shops and restaurants. The shuttle pick up from the airport was good. It was nice that there was a microwave and ready meals available to purchase. The breakfast was good, the room generously sized, the bed comfortable, the shower was good and there is a pool.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Fridge

Room sound insulation effect is very poor, in the next room guest stay late at night, very big voice, wake me, and have been kept talking loudly, very ill breeding.

At the front desk service attitude is very good, the hotel geographical position is superior, convenient shopping.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Fridge

Felt it was expensive for the room. Got 3 shampoos but no lotion or gel etc. Not a big deal.

Good pillows and bed. Quiet once planes cease flying at night. Friendly staff. Okay breakfast. Good location, shuttle to airport available. Free parking. Free wifi. All day coffee and cookies.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Fridge

they were doing work on the building underneath our window which went on very late and loud. our neighbours also came back quite late and were very loud in the room next door, otherwise things were fine. i should have also checked the flight path as its right underneath.

the room was ok. the lady on the desk was lovely.

You might consider adding to your laundry facilities, there was a lot of demand for the one washer and dryer. This put your guests at odds with each other. Also, there should be a chair in that room, if you want users to watch their property while it is being washed.

The bed was very nice, the concierge was very helpful, and the breakfast was good. SkyTrain is nearby, so we spent our days in Vancouver.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Fridge

Under glidepath for main runway, ruining an otherwise excellent location. Breakfast was unimpressive, particularly the egg and sausage-like objects. The bed bases squeaked with the slightest movement.

Friendly helpful staff. Clean. Renovated.

Breakfast. Very basic and finished by 9 am .With a family of children we missed breakfast most days and then had to pay again to eat out. Most hotels we stayed in breakfast was till 10 am

We liked most things about the hotel

Hallways not clean, but probably about to be upgraded, along with lobby & entrance. My room was spotless and bed & linens comfortable and luxurious. Hotel is presently undergoing some renovations and unlike some fellow travelers who for some reason found this fact cause for complaint, I have no complaints about the presence of workmen and tarps & equipment, as long as room is comfy and service is courteous, which it was.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Fridge

The facility is under major renovation, we were not given any heads up regarding it. The hallway stunk with paint and glues. The sheets had lipstick marks on them, blankets were awful. someone's pills were on the floor. Seems like it was not cleaned properly. It brought La Quinta's reputation down in my eyes. My stay was awful :(

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Fridge

The hotel is under renovation. The renovation people came in my room while I was away during day time, but did not advise me ahead of time. Thus, on return to my room during the evening, I discovered new drawers, TV counter top etc.

Breakfast is good. Plenty of fruits and coffee.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Renovations with no notice & no reduced cost to stay. The renovations were quite big (restaurant & reception) and did continue into the late afternoon/early night.

Location & free shuttle service

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I booked this for my mother.As an eighty year old woman with a heart condition it would have been nice to know the hotel was under renovations, and the elevator didn’t work. They arrived and found their room had been given away. They were ushered up three flights of stairs to find someone in the room. Back down to the lobby and up to the fifth floor. My mother and her friend were so hyped up, exhausted, having heart palpitations , that they didn’t sleep at all. Took two days to calm down again. Awful experience!

There was not elevator, had to carry my own bags 3 flights of stairs, breakfast was terrible didn't eat anything first thing I looked at had long black hair in it yuke, the clerk over charged for the room, almost no one spoke English, not a very good experience

Bed was okay

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The lobby was under renovation but their temporary setup was poorly thought out & in fact it was a mess! Breakfast was served with foam plates and plastic cutlery which is environmentally unacceptable. The beds were pretty old.

I liked the room size and location was good. There was a bowl of fruit for the taking, also a tray of cookies. Nice. I liked having a fridge, coffee pot in the room. Oh and I loved having a window that opened!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Fridge

The hotel is under major renovation and the lobby was very dusty as the workers are still doing their renovation work when we arrived at the lobby for check-in. When we called for shuttle service at the airport, we were told to take the taxi ourselves and reimburse the money later. We were unfortunately screwed by the taxi driver and charged us C$ 30 for the flat rate rise to the hotel. Although the hotel receptist allowed me to reimburse the C$30 in full instead of the standard flat rate of C$20, this nevertheless soured my stay experience there already. Too bad Vancouver still has this type of taxi driver screwing around in the city!

Hotel was under renovation and we did not have any notification it was under renovation. Once we got there, my credit card was charge the full amount and we did not have any recourse but to stay there.

Shower was decent.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The area isn't great and first impressions were not good. We were met with builders all over the place. Every floor has work going on. This hotel is probably best avoided for 3 months.

This hotel is undergoing huge redecoration at the moment. There is noise and mess everywhere. If this had been made clear at time of booking we would not have stayed there. However the staff were apologetic and helpful.

I am not a complainer, but in this case I must express how bad this hotel was. First it is undergoing a major renovation (the entire hotel is under construction) and frankly should not have been open to guests. The reception was table and laptop set up in the middle of workers. No restaurant was open. The coffee in the lobby was cold. When I tried to call to get a wake up call, I found out that the phone was not working. Breakfast was served from a table outside the elevator on a guest floor. There was no hot water for a bath or shower in the evening. When I expressed my displeasure to the staff, no one apologized or were concerned about our issues (they must get these complaints all day and have become immune).

There was nothing good about this hotel

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Fridge

Parking was almost full and tight when we got there.

Stayed for the 2nd time, but this time for a short stay. Location was great as it was close to the airport (10 mins - it was early morning). Good size room and beds are comfy. Great customer service. There are restaurants nearby/within walking distance. They have ongoing renovations when we stayed, but it is still clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

there was no place to park, but someone moved his car so we could park there, breakfast was on floors 4 and 5, but no tables and chairs to sit on level 4 and breakfast not too great;. the breakfast room was under construction so didnt look to nice. \

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Fridge

Hotel under construction but not mentioned on booking. Very messy and dusty. Night staff were smoking marijuana and rude on arrival. Breakfast was severely limited due to construction.

Close to airport.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel is being renovated and we were not informed about it in advance. The hotel lobby was a mess and partially closed, so there was not enough space for all the people doing the check in. The paint smell and the noise did not help much either. The suttle services does not operate 24h so we had to pay for a taxi to get our early flight. The breakfast starts at 7 so we could not enjoy it either. The neighbor is jam packed with Chinese restuarants. I definitely would not recommend it.

The hotel is near the airport.

The hotel is being renovated and I was not told in advance which I thought was poor. Dust, fresh paint odor, hammering all day. Breakfast in the hallway as the breakfast room was under construction.

Lovely room, clean, comfortable and well appointed. Good breakfast.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I need to cab to a different location and the lady at the front desk got the cab to come to hotel everyday at 730am for me. There was remodeling going on but was always clean and the crew was very friendly. I well definitely recommend your hotel to others.

Bookings.com didn't warn customers that the hotel was under-going renovations. La Quinta should have offered a price reduction during renovations, to compensate for the plastic sheeting in the lobby, the unpainted corridors, breakfast served in those corridors because the breakfast room was under renos. Room advertised as a KING ROOM, with a note describing the bed as "an extra-large double bed". So, since it wasn't a King bed, we thought it must be a large room....a "King-size room". Nope, just a very normal-sized room, with fairly tacky mis-matched furniture. Misleading advertising, Bookings.com

Location, fairly quiet. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast, as it was, was good, but would have been better if the breakfast room had been open.

I had trouble contacting the shuttle bus but reception were extremly accommodating once I arrived. The accommodation is undergoing renovations and although noisy in reception, I could not hear the noise in my room which was very important

The room was quite large and I liked the bed it was large and comfortable. The airport is very close which is why I chose this accommodation

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

You were undergoing restoration which did not inconvenience me other than, breakfast, necessarily in the corridor outside my room (408 I think), was essentially non existent apart from dregs of frozen fruit I think. But I forgave you, understanding the problems you were having to deal with before being able to welcome guests in your new and better facility. My stay was fine and I thank you. I needed a good nights rest and I got it.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was during renovations, but even then the rest of the hotel was very clean. Staff very friendly. Beds and rooms very cozy, extremely nice! We had a bit of a difficult time phoning and booking and talking with the hotel staff as the lady couldn't speak English very well. Pretty good but confusing to talk and deal with. But she was exceptionally helpful and kind, but had hard time with language a bit. She seemed new there, so probably bit unsure how to relate certain things as well. As her English gets better I'm sure that will help. But Otherwise great!!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our room had old garbage and codwebs in it and the hotel was under construction which they regeretted to inform us or advertise when we made the booking through booking.com so we are peeved with booking.com as well! Will not go there again.

The staff were nice enough.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Fridge

I checked out and paid by cash. I also got the receipt from the front desk. But then I found that they made a deduction from my credit card which I used it just for guarantee. I asked them why but still no reply for 2 days. I really feel so bad

There is free breakfast and free shuttle bus to the airport

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Fridge

The worst was the beds. Very uncomfortable and my back is still recovering from them.

I would say restaurants nearby were great. Even the train was not far either. Pool was great, breakfast was great and shuttle service was the best. Even with no shuttle from the airport , frontdesk paid for it, which is amazing!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Fridge

We arrived very close to midnight and the schedule bus service from YVR airport to the hotel ends at 9:30pm, we didn’t know about that but the manager reimbursed us what we paid for the taxi, that was great!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Tv too small. Shower need to be fixed and shower curtain is too small.

Clean and good customer service. Location is excellent with more than 300 restaurants around.

I wasn't happy with the breakfast as there was nowhere to sit. There seemed to be too many people in the corner where it was difficult to access the tea, food etc. Perhaps there could some order for guests? Children were getting in front and dripping food on the floor etc...not a good look.

This was surprisingly neat and tidy. The outside pulling up at night was a little off-putting, but once inside things were great. The outside area is a tad "glitzy" but as I said once inside the hotel there was no problem at all. All of the staff I dealt with were helpful and a pleasure to work with.

I wouldn't stay way out in Richmond where the hotel is if I were actually hoping to see Vancouver, but for a stopover between flights it was ideal.

The shuttle to the airport goes often, there's a cute little pool and a roof garden, and there are dozens of restaurants within walking distance.

• Executive King Room

Hotel location is close to airport, I did miss understand one issue I thought the hotel shuttle operated 24 hours it does not but the staff set up a early AM taxi for us so all was well, staff very accomodating

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Overpriced. Shuttle only runs u til 9:30 at night but when I booked the room your site only mentioned there was a free shuttle (one of the reasons I booked it) but once I arrived I had to pay for a cab because their shuttle was not running at 10:30 pm. The breakfast was poor.

Comfy bed

Breakfast ended at 9am.

It was easy to find this property and its location was very convenient to Yaohan and Aberdeen Center. It took only a few minutes to both shopping centers by car. Hotel staff were very humble and kind.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Fridge

Shuttle service was good but since it (and other motels) are far from the airport we did wait 20 minutes at the airport after calling them to come get us. Easier back to the airport in the morning.

Only the bath towels were not new or soft enough and the electronic door key refused to work on the day of our departure, though the staff quickly gave us a new electronic key.

The bed was extra comfy and the .reakfast was very good. Our room on the 4th floor had a good view. The room was large and the king size bed great for my wife and me, as we are used to kingsize beds. Staff was helpful and check-in & check-out quick. Parking adequate.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room needed some repair/maintenance and bedding was worn out and s/b replaced. But overall good value.

I would stay here again. Great location with easy access to dining for all ethnic cuisine. Close to sky train. Continental breakfast was great with lots of choice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

They didn't return my receipt when I checked out! and when I realized it and called the hotel, no one answer the phone! I didn't get reply from the hotel either after I email them to solve the problem.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hair in the bathtub. Bed cover was stained and dirty. Hotel did not respond to email requesting airport shuttle service at midnight. I booked here because of the shuttle and was not made aware that it did not run after 9:30 until I called on arrival to YVR. Disappointing and a $20 fee for a 10 minute taxi ride.

Bed was comfortable

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Fridge

At breakfast (which was good overall) all the cutlery, plates, bowls & cups were disposable, plastic or polystyrene which shocked me. Such a waste & bad for the environment.

Convenient pick up shuttle at the airport. The room was spacious enough and well laid out. My 3 year old and I enjoyed our swim.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Fridge

Different sausage for breakfast, but really an extremely minor preference.

Excellent check-in and out. Great shuttle to the airport. Very clean, close to restaurants, good breakfast. Although we didn't use it, the pool and hot-tub area also looked very good. I think the bed was foam and it was VERY comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beds were comfortable, good breakfast choices, friendly, helpful staff, nice to have free shuttle to airport and a business center to print new flight tickets. Bit worn, but a fine place for an unexpected night in Vancouver, close to YVR

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff were very friendly and helpful. It’s an older building but really clean. Whenever I needed something, there’s always a smiling person! For the price I paid, this was great value.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Radio for CBC in clock, so minor. ALL GOOD!

As good as Marriott at half the price. Shuttle, bedside clock, waffles & oats breakast, free bags storage for my day. Even have wired Internet. Small side room for groups. WILL stay again, like telling others.

n/a

Big selection of breakfast options.......have stayed at this location several times when family are travelling out of YVR....Appreciate the shuttle service to airport also.

Gym is junk. Like I would otherwise stay here again except for that. Coffee makers don’t belong in bathrooms Lobby is very dated

The towels are amazing. Rooms are clean. Bed is comfortable. Lots of pillows

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Fridge

This property was not as nice as other LaQuinta properties we have stayed in. It was cramped and dingy. The pool was not big enough for more than two people at a time. The room was very small and the mirror in the bathroom was cracked. The beds were comfortable and the sheets were clean but I would not want to stay there for more than a night to get to the airport early.

It was close to the airport. There were several restaurants within walking distance.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Spent two nights there with my kids and a our (big) dog. Breakfast was good and the whole day fresh coffee. The Pool and gym are clean and nice. We'd come back, that's for sure.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Fridge

Room was a touch small for three people. Local area could use a face lift in terms of appearance.

An affordable place to stay at while travelling in Richmond, British Columbia. Thee hotel boasts a free airport shuttle service which is very easy to organise and use - it saved us a lot of money on a taxi! The rooms are quaint and furnished modestly, nonetheless they are very clean by the housekeeping during your stay. A complimentary breakfast is served daily from 6am-9am which is great if you're looking for both a hearty meal and saving money on your trip. You meet a number of friendly locals and staff at breakfast who are willing to help make your stay more comfortable. Waffles (with maple syrup and an array of spreads and fruit syrup toppings), bagels, toast, omelettes, sausages, fresh fruit, cereal, yoghurt and hot beverages are offered at breakfast time which do not fail to please even the most fussy eater. It is located on the street dubbed 'Food Street' by the locals due to the array of restaurants (mostly Asian but pizza stores can also be found along this strip). It is very close by to the Real Canadian Superstore which has groceries, clothing and even a pharmacy to serve as a one stop for all your needs. Overall a pleasant stay.

Nothibg

We saw the shuttle leaving the airport with other guests as we arrived for pick up. I called the hotel from the airport phone and the shuttle driver came back to pick us up. Excellent service We had a large room with a king size bed (401). The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and everything worked well. Hotel is very close to Landsdowne mall and Canadian Brewhouse. We were provided a late checkout ( 1pm) and luggage storage due to a late flight when leaving. We have stayed here before and will hopefully stay again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room had a coffee maker, but no kettle or tea bags. A cup of tea would have been so welcome after travelling!

Easy pick up with free shuttle to and from the airport, every half hour. Also a good range of breakfast items.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Fridge

Wifi in the room was horrible, however I did speak to the tech department and they did try to solve the problem very promptly.

Good pillows! Friendly staff!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast is unpalatable. It's noisy that I can hear the people talking next to my room and the airplane to take off in midnight. The air conditioning is also very noisy. I almost cannot fall asleep the whole night. The sound insulation of the hotel is very bad. I don't have the issue in four points where just one block away.

The front desk staff is nice. Free parking!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Fridge

Staff did not communicate well on checkin and checkout. Also we asked for a late checkout as our flight was later in the afternoon which they obliged. We went out for a while prior to our check out time to get lunch and when we returned all the towels had been removed from our room and there was not one towel to use after going to the bathroom, asked for one from reception but it never arrived. .

Clean room and close to airport

They need more parking as the lot was full. The hotel will soon need some maintenance as it is showing its use and age.

The room and bedding smelled fresh. The bed was comfortable I slept well. The breakfast contained just what I like to eat. Parking was close by. The staff were courteous and helpful. Check in and out was simple.

The breakfast was mediocre in that it was not consistent every day and the quantities of food not adequate- they ran out of items quickly.

The bed was great and the room clean. The facility is a little dated but I understand that it will be renovated in January 2018. Facility is close to Canada Line so very easy to get downtown Vancouver.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Toilet seat wasn’t clean, walls were a bit thin and sound traveled. Pool area could be a bit more private - didn’t like how traffic on the busy street could see in clear as day in the evening.

Bed was really comfy, room looked nice and clean upon arrival, lobby area was very welcoming, parking was suitable for larger pickup trucks.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

• Shower curtain is too short • Place feels a little understaffed with the front-desk folks having to do lots of multitasking • Coffee quality in room and breakfast is not great

• Good clean hotel • Everything in the room was as expected • Breakfast was overall good

The airport shuttle only went until 9:30 which was not helpful when we arrived after midnight and had to pay $20 for a taxi. This would be the main impediment to us using this hotel again if we were travelling. There were othe comparable options in the area (which isn’t super close to the hotel) where 24 hr shuttle services were offered. I obviously didn’t pay attention the time restrictions of that service and had I know I would have choosen a differ t hotel.

Comfy bed, okay quick breakfast selection, clean and like that is has a pool and hot tub! Didn’t use them but it’s a nice feature.

Only needed transit ,accommodation for one night. Would prefer to pay a little more for a better breakfast it was barely a continental type.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Main issue was no double glazing so room extremely noisy. Brek buffet low standard a d no gluten free bread option for my friend who has celiacs disease. Plastic cutlery so tacky.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very convenient to the airport. Shops and restaurants in immediate vicinity, which made it more interesting than airport hotels with nothing nearby to explore. Very good value for the price point.

Nothing to complain about!

Great location close to the airport and not too far from a skytrain stop. Also many restaurants within walking distance (and open late for those with late flights who need a bite to eat!). Airport shuttle was great. Free breakfast was outstanding with waffles, eggs, cereal, fruit, etc. Nice large clean room and bathroom. Nice looking pool, but did not have the chance to use it. Quiet despite the proximity to the airport. Staff friendly and helpful.

Shuttle very good and staff very obliging. Laundry facilities very handy after three weeks traveling!! Room was nicer than one on previous stay, had been modernized

The shuttle bus was a little late, but it turned out my flight was cancelled so it didn't matter. Very busy roads in the area.

I loved the location. There are so many restaurants to choose from right outside the door. You can walk to the mall for essentials. The staff was very helpful in directing me. The pool was a treat and very clean.

Only limited shuttle service and limited breakfast times. I had just come off a long haul flight and booked the hotel as it was an airport hotel with a shuttle service. Room was old and tired furniture dirty and old.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel pool and hot tub probably wasted space, seems to be an airport hotel, so who has time?! Did NOT like the flimsy breakfast bowls and plates and awful plastic cutlery. Plain white crockery and proper cutlery would be much more acceptable.

Great location being quite close to the airport

• Executive King Room

Someone threw up in the hot tub so we were not able to use it. This was somewhat upsetting as it was a deciding factor in our decision to stay at the La Quinta over other properties in the area that would have cost less.

The bed was absolutely fantastic. Some kind of memory foam I think. The hotel room was clean and the staff were friendly and accommodating. The breakfast options were somewhat limited, but they did have a waffle maker and it was all very fresh and tasty.

Very busy at breakfast counter. Difficult to get at some food.

Bed was comfortable. We were able to check in very late as our flight was late arriving.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

neat, stuff were very helpful, got couple nice chinese restaurants around, free shuttle bus to airport every half an hour,convienent for people catching the early morning flight.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds with Fridge

Everyone walking by as they walk to the elevator have a clear view of people swimming/ in the jacuzzi should consider installing frosted film on the glass for privacy.

Very clean, comfy beds and towels were fairly new and plush.