Reviews of La Tour Belvédѐre 3 stars

2175 Boulevard de Maisonneuve West, H3H 1L5 Montréal, Canada

#84 of 134 hotels in Montréal

4.8

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

There were spiders in the room, rugs were never vacuumed. There were fingernail clippings on the floor. The sinks were clogged and there were cobwebs and dirt everywhere. The bed felt like we were sleeping on a box spring and the couch was dirty and ripped. The step to the living room was broke and felt like you were gonna fall every time you stepped on it.

The pool and deck were nice

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed - Hardwood floor

The staff at the front desk when we phoned from the car could not help us find the hotel. That was extremely frustrating as we were from the US. We had no idea what exit to take ETC. we asked to speak with someone else and his response was no one can help you. However, when we got closer and construction was going on we called back and we must have gotten a different person he was a bit more helpful.

The location and value were excellent.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

the shower room and kitchen could be fairly easily made more respectable looking.

living room and bedroom area have been updated and very roomy and comfortable. excellent work area

• One-Bedroom Suite

I had a single bedroom unit and it was not so much like a hotel room but more like a one-bedroom apartment with separate kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, and living area (one TV in the bedroom and another in the living area). Even had a nice balcony. Very friendly and helpful staff and management.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The location is excellent. The hotel is close to the subway and the grocery store. The room has a bathtub and kitchenette. We're lucky to get a underground parking space that connects to the elevator.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed - Hardwood floor

Love the location and staff was friendly . However when booked pictures are deceiving as the describes new area as renovated or better. Only thing thats new where the floors. Everything else is extremely old. Dirty walls that haven't painted in decades and old carpet left behind on base boards. Water pressure at times not great for shower. Wi-Fi not great as very slow at times. Hair dryer didn't work very disappointing. Would not come back even at that price

• One-Bedroom Suite

The property is run down, surface clean, but needs a major updating...paint, carpets, furniture.

Large apartment type room and very friendly staff.Pool and roof terrace a bonus.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

When I made the reservation in Booking I wrote that I needed an accessibñe room. When I arrived at the hotel they didnt know that I have requested handicap accessible room. The gave a room that the bathroon was not really accessible for the wheel chairs. It was very hard to take a bath.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Everything!!!! The pictures are very misleading and the hotel is old, I will never go back to that hotel ps I also didn’t like that I had to pay for parking that was in the underground of the property. The place was awful!

Parking. There is a definite lack of available parking and even if available it is an extra charge.

La Tour Belvedere is centrally located in the heart of Montreal. Just one block from the old Forum site. All units have a kitchen setup all haughty some are very small. However the convenience of just having it makes it possible to prepare your own meals and eat in. All units are completely stocked with dishes and cooking utensils and pans.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

There are no tissues/ kleenex in the rooms-had to go and purchase! (toilet paper was supplied). Kitchenette supplies were okay but having a fry pan in addition to two saucepans would have been better. Breakfast (breakfast room downstairs) was okay but she had us pay ahead of time and obtain the receipt before service--was not offered the option of writing down room number and adding to the tab (minor inconvenience). Kids eat for free. Internet service okay on computer but was spotty for my daughter's iPad.

Loved the pool. Staff were friendly and helpful. I loved having a kitchenette especially with a child. Location was excellent- 1 block away from the Metro, and close to a market (Adonis) and mall (Alexis Nihon--has Winners, Canadian Tire, Pharmaprix (Shoppers) and other usual mall residents) Minigolf (for my child) only 1 stop away. Easy access (by Metro) to most downtown tourist sites- guidebooks at the hotel. Recommend getting the 24 hr metro pass card which worked for us as we had a day or two free over the weekend- unlimited rides for 24 hr. The hotel will print off your boarding pass if you email them the documents, and did this promptly--no other access to a business centre to do your own printing.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

Centrally located next to the old Montreal Forum, mall and shops nearby. Old building but rooms were clean and a good size. We had a kitchenette which we did not use, but usefull if you want to cook your meals rather than eat out. Staff was courteous. Good value for the money, but it's a 3 star hotel.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

The breakfast (for 10$/person) was not a big deal compared to the price and other places: it was only some eggs and potato, plus some basics like bread, butter, jam. And there were no soy or other plant milks.

Our room was upgraded without asking, so we could enjoy a big room with kitchen and a living room, it was really clean and nice. The check-in and check-out went really easily, the staff was very kind. Plus, there were always nice apples at the reception desk.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

A couple of extra pillows would be nice. Wifi rather slow at peak hours but I don’t travel in order to be glued to a screen anyway.

Great location and very big room with its own balcony. Very quiet so great for sleeping. We really enjoyed the roof-top patio with great views of the city. Nicely equipped kitchen. Fresh linen, including bed linen every day. Good value for central location. Plenty of on-location parking at a reasonable cost.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

newer matress on bed basic kitchen good for grabbing a bite Customers must wash dishes

bed matress was very old past its time dark floors dark furniture and small lights makes it hard to see as I am vision impaured good resturants in shopping plaza near by Did not eat at hotel

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

Linen thin and could offer a couple of better pillows. Taps in vanity unit constantly leaking.

Desk Staff very very helpful - excellent and we liked the little extra of the apples at the front desk/waiting area a great personal touch. Room comfortable and kitchen was excellent. Thanks for the upgrade.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The problem with wifi, which was paid and in the room rather not worked. Next time better linen for a third person. Only paid parking.

Large apartment with equipped kitchen. Nice rooftop terrace and swimming pool. Close to the metro, the center and the shops.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed - Hardwood floor

TV or its remote control were broken but didnt bother with it cause we didnt need the TV to watch. Heating was fine just was making little cracking noise sometime.

Nicely renovated rooms and effort of the hotel to increase reputation which was low before before renovation. Also apples in reception and receptionists.

• Family Suite - Hardwood floor

Everything was good, except for the reception staff was very poor and totally unprofessional. We came from Toronto for the weekend on Saturday night 2 of our friends tagged along (from Montreal) to have a chat with us and leave after a while but the receptionist stopped them from accompanying us. He wanted to call the police and insisted us to leave the hotel. It was a embrassing situation in front of our friends and we paid extra (reception insisted) to get our friends to visit us.

Ruined our leisure due to the incident below.

• Family Suite - Hardwood floor

Construction in back of property. Elevator out of order all morning during checkout time. Carried 4 suitcases down 6 flights of very narrow stairs.

Great location near services and attractions

• One-Bedroom Suite

$5 for wifi is a little silly. Parking couldn't accommodate our Honda Pilot. The building is showing it's age with little cosmetic things broken here and there.

The staff members were very friendly. They quickly took care of the one issue we had. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

Process was a bit convoluted. The staff was awkward in having to explain that it couldn’t be charged to your room and that you had to prepay. Suggestion to Management: this is something you could fix to have a better customer experience and better ratings

Food was good

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

The rooms looks little bit old but it is OK.

I liked the location it is very good close to ATWATER metro station, shopping malls and you don't need to go any farther. They are providing delicious Apple fruit and some toys for children tell they manage the check in. size of my room was good.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

The bathroom was falling apart. The shelf that is supposed to hold your things on the ceiling was tilted downwards, the sink only had the hot lever working, half of the heater wad dangling on the ground (I swear I'm not exaggerating). Half of the balcony space was taken up by a giant air conditioner? Or industrial sized temperature regulator. The tv worked though! The kitchen, although tiny, had a fair amount of supplies, including extra bolony in the fridge mmm yum. The bed didn't have a blanket but just 2 layers of sheets.

The receptionist told us to stay away from the breakfast so we really appreciated her honesty. The price was good and the shower had good pressure. The bed was pretty comfortable.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

The worst bed I ever slept on. When I asked them to change it, they flipped it over - it made my bad back much worse. The place is filthy. When I first got there and opened the curtain, a handful of dust came off it. The furniture was old and worn. What a dump. Staff were nice but I would rather have a snotty desk clerk than a filthy apartment hotel. Never again.

The location was the best thing about this apartment hotel.

• Family Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We went to the pool almost every day of our stay and really enjoyed the pool and sauna. I had to call twice for more towels, which were eventually brought up. Perhaps more towels could be supplied.

Everything was nice and clean. My husband and boys especially enjoyed the 2 tvs, good hookups for their game system and close to food and arcades. Loved that we could prepare food in the full kitchen!

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

The staff working there are terrible. Don’t give them your credit card details as they will use it without your consent for non recieved services!!!!!!

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

Although the room was kept clean, housekeepers for the bathrooms were inconsistent. At times it was necessary to either request shower gel or replacement towels.

Very nice and helpful staff, ready to assist when needed. Close to metro and bus lines and a great district for a variety of supermarkets, bars and restaurants.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

Stayed here many times so my expectations are in line with a budget hotel.

This is a good budget hotel in a great location with good restaurants, markets, and sites nearby.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

The parking was a bit tricky this time. It would be nice to have the Wifi included in the room price (extra cost of 5$ per day).

Location, proximity to Métro, large room separate from sitting-dining-kitchenette area; convenient if one wants to prepare some meals. Apples available at front desk. Pool and gym for those who like to use them.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

I had a problem with the parking. I was under the impression that the parking was included. I paid an extra $70.00 for parking outside of the hotel.

The room was nice and warm. The room size was decent.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

No parking available, had to go to another parking lot. Staff was rude. Fire alarm kept going off for no reason and when I first called the reception desk to let them know, the receptionist had the GALL to breathe in like a vacuum as if he would smell cigarette smoke or something.

The room was clean.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

the room was smelly, the washroom was super old and unclean .. room service took our towels and when I called the front desk for towels they asked to come pick it up .. no tooth paste.. no slippers

The location was the only good thing about this hotel.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

The Hotel very old , the room is very small no space for my child to play , no one help us to take bags to the room or take it from the room. The water in the Swimming pool looks not clear and smily so I cannot let my child to play . There was no sop in the shower room next to sawna , no towel available or anyone to help you .

• One-Bedroom Suite

I didn't have t.v in my bedroom.An the hotel needs to be upgraded but other then that. It's good value for your money.

The convenience of being close to everything.

• One-Bedroom Suite - Hardwood floor

old .. annoying housekeeping & they don’t really clean anything.. the box for the air condition wasn’t isolated.. the room was really cold .. me and my baby got sick .. and the sofa bed was really dirty..

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

The hotel is not very modern or well kept but you get what you pay for.

It was great to have a pool and great sauna in the hotel. The kitchen was handy. The room was a great size and had a balcony. Very close to metro.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The internet was very weak and the room could have been cleaner. The elevator was also very noisy.

The staff was very nice and the free, fresh apples were a nice touch.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed - Hardwood floor

I can't think of anything.

I loved this place: perfect location, lovely helpful staff, balcony overlooking the city, a little kitchen!!!! nice pool, sauna! The place is very quiet on top of it all. I'm looking forward to visiting it again soon.

• Family Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The breakfast. To expensive for what little they had. Went to a Restraunt got twice as much for less price.

Convenience to the Metro. The swimming pool.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

Pillows very lumpy and not super comfortable. Was okay for the one day I was there but would not have enjoyed for a longer stay.

Good location. Close to everything downtown. Staff excellent, checked in at 1 am and was able to extend check out to 1 pm the next day. Older property but clean and well kept. Perfect for my short stay.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

The living room was a bit cold, drafts coming from the space where the air condition is located.

Love that the suite has a kitchen, saves on money on for food, we made our breakfast every morning. The one-bedroom suite was very spacious. Hotel is walking distance to downtown shopping (St. Catherines), movie theatre, grocery stores and many restaurants.

Wifi

I had gotten the family suite. The room was spacious and clean. The kitchen came with dishes, pots and pans which was very helpful. The beds were very comfortable. The pool is small but perfect for the kids! Pool is on the top floor and has a beautiful view. Workout room is decent. Balcony was perfect, had a nice view of downtown MTL.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

The bathtub was a bit dirty and the renovations were not done well (gaps at the floor). Bedding was not the best quality but was ok. Really disliked the fact that WIFI was not included.

The location was excellent. Appreciated the available parking pool was warm and the views were beautiful

Lack of parking

Loved the mini apartment atmosphere. Only critique was there was no on site parking for our truck. Staff were helpful and very engaging. We will be back.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

Everything. Rooms were dirty. No wifi No parking Unfriendly staff Too expensive for what you get No food included Fan in the bathroom not working Dirty sheets for the bed Hair dryer not working And so many more!!!

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

No parking on site for trucks or larger SUVs. But public paid parking was very nearby.

Our suite apartment was fantastic. Fully stocked! Staff were super helpful.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

Everything, , I was ripped off 171.00 that I worked hard for over a booking mistake. They charged me for 2 rooms for 3 days when I only had 1, and refused to give me the money they over charged me for. Absolutely discusting. The couch smelled like body fluids and was stained, the tv channels did not work, and the Wifi was garbage. The girl at the desk said she was choosing not to refund the money they stole from me, by choice not because she couldnt. I work hard for my money and they stole it.

The balcony.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

The photos in booking.com are completely different with the hotel. It is a very old hotel . rooms cold. The conditioner has a very bad and loud noise per hour. Carpets very dirty. Washroom floor always becomes full of water because of the pipe breakdown.and deposit that we paid they do not refund us on time. My friend check out 9 march and i checked out 11 march. It should be done exactly at the time of checking out. A bad point for booking.com I am a tour manager in vancouver and I made my reservation by booking.com And never again!!! I will say all the fakes about you unless you satisfy me . we had 2 suites number 201 and 208. Thank you

• One-Bedroom Suite

I drove up. Before we left, I inquired about parking. I was told it was first come, first serve. Not completely accurate. You need to reserve your spot in their underground garage after the noon check-out. If there's one that hasn't been reserved, you may reserve it for as long as you need. The charge is $16/day. Worth it for the convenience and peace of mind. Also, the was no breakfast buffet. Not a dealbreaker for me, but it was advertised all over the place, including in their elevators. But a Starbucks is about a block away, and a few blocks more gives you even better options. And finally, just know that the neighborhood is largely residential. You're a few blocks away from cafes and restaurants, and further away from attractions. It's quiet and feels safe, which is good, but if you're looking for a convenient location, do a little more research.

We got a queen suite--it was spacious for me and my two kids, and the furnishings were comfortable. The pool was on the small side, but clean and we typically had it all to ourselves, as with the sauna. Neighborhood felt safe and was quiet.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

Terrible parking lot that you couldn't enter until you had registered (and there was not place to park in front of the hotel). As a result, I had to pay for parking down the street before registering.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

Night shift was good with

About the breakfast charge 11 dollars and there's nothing really it's bad parking should be 10 maximum they charge 18 + Tax

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

- bed wasn’t as comfortable as I hoped - wasn’t as close to Old Montreal (45 Minute walk)

- price & value (made up for what I didn’t like) - we felt safe - ramp parking - friendly staff - balcony - kitchen (we didn’t need it but nice option!)

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

Better wi-fi. It was spotty at times.

Loved the location. Walked tolots of places I wanted to visit. Room was fine and the view looked up to Mont Royal. Parking was convenient. Nice swimming pool on the penthouse level.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

The overnight staff SHOULD have evicted the room above us for not allowing us to sleep despite our constant complaints through the night. We even paid a visit to ask them politely to keep the noise down so we could sleep, because the staff was non-proactive.

Honestly, would not stay here again, even for the price. It's not worth losing a night's sleep. I was recovering here overnight from surgery and was absolutely miserable. We had called down to the front desk 5 times complaining about the noise from the unit directly above us, and each time they said they'd call or visit, and yet solved nothing.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

Horrible experience for both me and my wife! Would never go back again. Heat stop working in our room, called front desk numerous times to switch is rooms or fix the heat. In the end they sent up a portable heater, and never apologized for any inconvenience. Stayed for 2 nights and could not stay another night. We will never go back to this hotel even if it was free!!!

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

The WIFI was horrible and we need to pay 5$ per day to have a better WIFI. Is that normal when it’s 2018 and it’s an apartment hotel ? When we book with Booking.com, it was writing that we’ll have a parking, but we didn’t. Booking.com needs to be more clear.

This was a nice room with so much space. I loved the balcony. The staff was lovely.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed - Hardwood floor

It was SO COLD in our hotel. I did ask for extra blankets and a space heater which was provided but didn't really help as the space heater was tiny and we had hardwood floors in our hotel - it was just cold and the thermostat was not working so no heat!

The price! I got this for $199.91 from Dec 31 - Jan 2 and believe me I wouldn't pay over this at all. Was not worth over this price.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

Internet is not working, very old furniture, poor isolation ( noisy rooms and cold). People partying so late and it was smelling Marijuana in the corridor.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed - Hardwood floor

Tbe rooms were filthy, uncomfortable, and looked like they hadn't seen an upgrade since 1991. Furthermore, you could hear everything through the wall, especially the neighbours who liked to party next door. The building listing also did not fully disclose the extra $150 dollars it would charge at check-in as a security deposit, the extra charge for terrible wifi, nor that it did not have a reliable space for parking. We ended up having to park at a mall a few blocks away, and it was not a cheap bill.

Not much.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

It’s really cold in Dec in Montreal, we turned the heating as the maximal 30 degree, but the room was still frozen. After complaining, staff there gave us a small portable heater but which turned out to be useless as the room is large. And in our 2nd night, the upper floor was having a party with sound of music and steps, weed smell comes from room window(even we closed it) and the party ended around 3am in the morning. My worst hotel experience ever.

Many restaurants available after 4 blocks walking.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

I love the location! There are parking garage and shopping mall right around the corner. There are tons of restaurant locate along ave of saint Catherine.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

The room was a bit cool, but to be fair, it was -25 degrees outside when we visited.

Belvédѐre was an amazing hotel. Customer service was amazing. We got a great room with hardwood floors and it was clean and the kitchen was amazing and well stocked. There is an IGA grocery store like 5 min walk away and my partner an I could buy groceries and cook our own meals. They have a nice pool in the penthouse and it was open pretty late, I believe 11pm. The bed was comfortable and they had spare blankets and pillows in the closet.

• Family Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The only thing that we had a problem with was the parking. They have limited parking and only four spots for big vehicles. We drive a van so the first night took us an hour to find parking and cost us $26 for 24hrs in a parking garage. The second night we where able to get parking there.

The location was great and the price was as well. The room was spacious and clean and the staff was helpful. It was great to stay somewhere you still have the necessitys to make coffee and tea or even a meal because you have a small kitchen with everything needed it helps with a big family.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

Hotel needs total upgrade. one piece soap hard as rock, no handicap rails in bath throughout hotel. heating in bathroom cover missing,, dirty pipes showing, no kleenex, room was not cleaned first day, bed unmade, garbage not removed.Curtains filthy, black with soot from many years use. Overpriced. If booked at a later date price dropped from 100.00 per night to $68.00 my booking was unrefundable so could not change and take advantage of lower price.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

Pillows were a bit too soft. Kitchen cold water tap ran very poorly. No dishcloth to wash dishes - only a sponge. Living room furniture needs to be updated.

Bed was very comfortable. Love the layout of the room, very spacious.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed - Hardwood floor

The bathroom was small and the heater (very old) was showing and we thought it was gonna fall. We did not shower. Also, we waited for what seemed like forever for the elevators.

The room was clean.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

The fire alarm went off twice and we were on the 18th floor. Staff did not notify anyone that the alarm was false. They let everyone go all the way down to the lobby to find out and have to go back up.

The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

We booked a room with a queen bed and got one with 2 double beds. It was like a heavy waterfall in the shower. You guys need to look into changing the shower head, there was water going everywhere.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

Unfortunately the Wifi is still not very good.

Having stayed a few times at the property, it was nice to have been recognised and made to feel "special" for returning. This especially applies to the gentleman at the reception in the evening who was super nice.

Coffee

Comfy beds, lots of space to move around, balcony, Full kitchen, friendly staff , pool at the top of building, outdoor balcony leading out from pool with Adirondack chairs and you could see a beautiful view of the city. Yes it is an older building but it is really clean and homey, and the price was right. I would definitely stay here again!

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed - Hardwood floor

Some updating of decor needed Breakfast could be included in price

Kitchen facility Access to a pool Friendly staff Good shower in bathroom Nice flooring in bedroom

• Family Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Two elevators for the whole building which were very slow at check out time, with everyone leaving at once.

The man at the desk was extremely helpful in showing us how to get around the city via the subway as well as by foot. We were given the suite which contained a living room, bedroom and kitchen for an amazing price. The rooftop lounge was awesome.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

Wifi... not up to date. Rooms need refurbishing, fixtures etc ... paint on wall was scratched.

Convenient, economical, lacks parking in front but managed.

• Queen Studio with sofa-bed

Room too warm and a little shabby. Sheets and bedding very worn, not good quality. Sofa bed very uncomfortable. Staff member on reception desk upon arrival was not very welcoming. Had to pay for wifi which was of poor quality and kept dropping out even though advertised as fast.

Browse La Tour Belvédѐre traveller photo gallery