Reviews of Lake Okanagan Resort 3 stars

6.2

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Terrible.
    • Studio with Mountain View

1. The problems arose before my visit when my credit card was not accepted. Several international telephone calls failed to resolve the issue. On arrival, again it was not accepted. I simply point out that the card was used the night before in Banff and the night after in Vancouver - no problem. The hotel therefore lost one night’s revenue as I had no other way of paying. 2. My wife and I had a long drive from Banff through some treacherous driving conditions. Upon arrival we were told that there was no restaurant open on site. What was available in your store was a joke. The best we could get was bread and cheese. It might have been helpful if this had been mentioned at the time of booking. We were too tired to find a local restaurant. 3. On taking the bread and cheese back to our room we found that there were no plates and only limited cutlery. We therefore ate off kitchen roll. Hardly acceptable. Why sell things when there are no facilities in the rooms? 4. The hairdryer did not work. 5. I was a bit suspicious that the shampoo and conditioner bottles were not full. This suggested poor housekeeping. This was confirmed when I found a used cake of soap - complete with pubic hair attached - in the shower.

The hotel is in lovely surroundings.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

We actually reached hours before the check in time but they...
    • Studio with Mountain View

BBQ pits were not clean,we have to pay extra to avail facilities like tennis court badminton, only jacuzzi and pool were free. The restaurant closes at 8 pm which is bad😌 that too being so far from the city , no other food joints available near by.

We actually reached hours before the check in time but they gave us a warm welcome and instantly provided the rooms. Rooms were pretty clean

To put it mildly, I was extremely disappointed with the...
    • Studio with Mountain View

To put it mildly, I was extremely disappointed with the experience we had at this “resort”! We were sold on the features this “resort” had: a restaurant, spa, nice rooms, etc. There was nothing that came as advertised! The rooms were not well maintained, there WAS NO SPA, and the restaurant was never open!! The “resort” is out in the middle of nowhere, so getting anywhere close to civilization meant driving an extremely windy, bumpy road at least twice a day and over the course of our 4 day stay it became mentally taxing. As for the room itself, the first day the shower curtain almost fell off, despite being poorly screwed into the wall. And when they came to fix it, they left dirty shoe prints on the bathtub! This was only one example of the many “Mickey Mouse” fixes this place has - there is no apparent desire to do anything properly here - it all appears to be barely maintained and on the cheap. Another example: when we arrived in our room, all of the lamps, including on the nightstands were not working right. I had to physically move everything (including the beds) out from the walls to discover and where the extension cords were and re-coordinate the plugs to make the nightstand lamps work properly - this was a perfect example of the lack of attention to detail this “resort” has. One of the beds didn’t even have a headboard...SERIOUSLY?? So if I were you, look elsewhere for accommodations! This place has nothing that comes as advertised. I wouldn’t even give it the 3.8 rating that Booking.com automatically gives you!

We have not stayed in any resort that cost this amount with so few open favil
    • One-Bedroom Villa

The conference centre was run down, needing repairs, Paint, broken or missing floor tiles, disrepair of pool railing lights, broken pool side furniture, restaurant & tiki bar were not in use while we were there for meals , drinks or snacks & hadn’t been for quite some time , long drive back to Kelowna for meals, esp dinners, no exercise facility or sauna & spa available, limited tv channels & only a DVD monitor in thr bedroom, the total general run down condition of the resort did not warrant the charge of the 3 night stay.

The location, scenery, the room, the 2 pools & hot tub,

This is a relaxed resort. Lie back and Enjoy!
    • Studio with Mountain View

we were 17km off the main road. The first night we called the desk to have someone clean the mouse droppings off the veranda and chairs out there, they told us housekeeping had gone home. It was cleaned up the next day....mostly.

We were expecting a Hotel and this property is a resort. Once we got on board- limited housekeeping etc it was great. Easy to rent all water sport equipment. Tiki pub on the beach. 9 hole par 3 golf on the property. The restaurant (cafe style) hours are flexible if you show up they will feed you. Food and drinks available poolside. LOVE THAT!

Uck!
    • Studio with Mountain View

Outside stairs to the room had droppings all over them (I thought they were mouse droppings but was informed by the front desk they were likely bat droppings). Asked that the stairs be swept & was told it was a big resort after all. When I replied that isn't an excuse - the front desk hung up. The restaurant wasn't open during our stay so we had to drive 10 km N to get a bite to eat. Would have been nice to know this in advance (I didn't see it noted on the website - if I missed it should have been more prominent in any event).

The room was a fair size & was appointed appropriately. Golf course looks nice.

We will not be back
    • Studio with Mountain View

Everything was closed down; restaurant was closed for the busy July long weekend, hot tub was closed, pools were freezing, tiki bar was closed, water trampoline for kids were only one.

The location is beautiful and the staff were nice and helpful.

It is a place for people to enjoy the natural environment.
    • Studio with Mountain View

the swimming pool wasn't clean enough. The restaurant is not so good and expensive. no much to select from the store and it is nothing around.

It is a place for people to enjoy the natural environment. we saw bears and dears in the hotel.

Hot tubs and pool all closed, we went for the.
    • One-Bedroom Villa

Hot tubs and pool all closed, we went for the. Outdoor hot tub and indoor. No where did it say they were closed. Long drive to have to find that out, was super disappointed!!! Our room was beautifull.

Moldy bread plus out of everything food wise.
    • One-Bedroom Villa

Moldy bread plus out of everything food wise. Cold coffee-? Machine not working??? So basically could not stomach to eat there and it's in the middle of nowhere so can't go out to eat. Only two nights so didn't want to stock kitchen for cooking when on short "vacation". Nobody cleaned our room. Toothpaste left on counter, bed not made-not touched. All that was done was to fold toilet paper roll and fold bath mat already on bathtub...literally all that was done-why bother. When I spoke to manager "so sorry" was it. No compensation for lack of services. The road is tretcherous going in and out. Plus often closed for road construction. No street lights-pitch. No lights outside at resort-also pitch. You won't get food at restaurant so be prepared. No cleaning so basically like going to the cabin. Certainly not worth the four or five star prices. Better service at a less expensive cleaner three star for sure!

The stay was disappointing and the resort was very over priced for the quality of the amenities.
    • Three-Bedroom Villa

The resort was tired and old. Much of the furniture at the beach was broken. The bar/restaurant beside the pool was never open. Staff seemed uninformed about basic items such as whether any cushions were available for lounge chairs that clearly required cushions. The restaurant was missing many of the items from the menu. There were huge hills and distances to walk with no shuttle service. The equipment for the tennis courts was broken and old. The "tiki bar" was not associated with the resort and rarely open.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Overall enjoyable, but upgrade to food choices, and renovation of some of the units on the property
    • One-Bedroom Villa

overall, resort seems tired; wasps were bad at outdoor restaurants, breakfast was weak

Scenery, pleasant staff, room and decor, marina, dinner was good, lots of space in our suite, full kitchen

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

It could have been a better experience if only...
    • One-Bedroom Villa

I didn't like the fact that the two TV remotes didnt work. A workman fixed one but neglected the other while I was out. I did report problems with both. I didn't like that the washing machine that was included in my room description from Booking.com was broken. I didn't like the poor response the manager gave me when I asked her about this. Her reply was neither of the last two tenants complained or reported this fact. Obviously, that is an unacceptable response. When I asked her about discounting the bill, her reply was it was already discounted through Booking.com. Neither one of her responses was acceptable. When a person is guaranteed certain amenities it is expected that these amenities will be available. I hope my taking the time to write this letter will bring some satisfaction to my disappointment as I was pretty annoyed by the manager's implied response. Not a nice way to talk to a guest. Thank you very much and I await your reply.

I liked the view from the windows. I liked that it was an apartment with a terrace.

For the price it was not worth it.

See above!!!

For the price it was not worth it. Not friendly for people flying in. Had to pretty much beg for a ride up the road to the office to catch my cab because shuttles will not travel that far. One night the laundry from all the rooms stayed in our room over night. Asked multiple times for someone to fix the "bubble" tub no one showed up the whole time. Oh what I liked the fact I got to spend sometime with my boy!

I would not recommend this resort to anyone.
    • One-Bedroom Villa

The two of us spent two nights at Okanagan Lake resort for the exorbitant price of $700, for which I expect that my pull out bed would have been made up upon arrival. Not so - we were informed that we would have to make it up ourselves. While doing that we found a goodly amount of dust and toys underneath it. The next day we were out all day and came home at 10:30 PM to find the door to our suite open with the deadbolt locked from the inside so that it could not close - exposing us to the possibility of theft for the entire day. Dead tired, we tracked down a security person, who willingly did check out the room for us. There is no desk service after 11 PM. Most hotels now offer you the option of indicating that you wish to reuse your towels (for environmental purposes) by hanging them up, or dropping on the floor if you need clean ones. This does not seem to be the case here. Despite us hanging the towels, they were replaced with clean ones after only one day and despite us rinsing out our 2 cups and coffee pot, and cleaning out the grounds, we found that housekeeping had run an entire dishwasher cycle for three items that we were going to reuse and wash the next day. Could be a lot more environmentally conscious. We were met with a mouldy fishy stench after housekeeping had mopped out the elevator - some clean water and bleach please. Others in our extended party tried to have a drink and lunch at the pool. A drink did eventually arrive, but they were informed that they would have to go down to lake level to have something to eat, as the refrigeration was out at this location. Down they trek, where they are told - "yes we have food, but no propane, so we cannot serve you". On checkout I recounted our problems with the stay, the most egregious being the serious security breach, and requested that some compensation be made to our bill. I was told that a manager was not available until the end of the long weekend, and to call back then.

A very good fridge in the suite. A great view of Okanagan Lake. Security was responsive when we had need of such.

Great place. A perfect family getaway.
    • Executive One-Bedroom Villa

The only thing we weren't so happy about was the time it took to get breakfast. Just one person doing everything wasn't enough. So we didn't eat at resort again.

Staff was excellent. Very friendly. Our suite was very new and clean. Great location overlooking lake. We rented a boat and it was a fantastic experience!

Didn't like that their fridge broke down weren't...
    • One-Bedroom Villa

Didn't like that their fridge broke down weren't taking orders for food. And no iron in the room we were attending a wedding and we didn't get one for two hours after asked them for one as we were walking out the door.

Great facilities, poor staff and customer service; the latter is more important to customers.
    • Executive Three-Bedroom Villa

The lack of customer service and penalty fees for the stay made the resort seem uninterested in putting the best interests of the client ahead of their own and more concerned with squeezing pennies from the people. A perfect example on our trip would be, the lack of flexibility for early check in due to the resort providing its housekeeping staff with enough time to prepare the room (10AM-4PM), which is understandable. We arrived at the resort only to find our suite not ready, but were also made to wait until 6 pm. No apologies or extra incentives were provided by resort staff.

In terms of value for square footage, a suite/ villa overlooking the Okanagon, is only $600 per night with 3 bedrooms. The rooms are well equipped and very comfortable.

Feels like resort is closing down ....
    • Executive Three-Bedroom Villa

The resort was in need of money spent on it. Wifi did not work in the room (manager did try and fix it to no avail). Bars both closed by 9pm. Very steep walk to the beach. Beach chairs and umbrellas were tired and not enough - when I spoke to the manager he said they were on order well thats not great for the beginning of August. Toilets at beach were disgusting again the manger said new ones were on order! Was told one one TV works in villa as cable had been taken out and so had the DVD players. The road to the resort was closed 2 hours twice a day but this was not communicated to us prior to arrival which meant we could not get to the hotel. Overall very poor spoke to manager a few times but he never tried to meet me to discuss face to face only called poor customer services. No wine in the beach bar member of staff text her manager to get one brought down but he did not respond to her!

Our 3 bedroom villa was large, and a wonderful view. Staff in beach bar and restaurant very helpful.

Nice place if you don't need service.
    • Executive One-Bedroom Villa

It seemed like there were a lot of cut corners service-wise. Used toiletries, the smell of rotting garbage in the hallway, basically no staff to serve breakfast all left me with a poor impression of the place.

Very pretty view of the lake and nice property overall. A good place to stay if you want to check in and stay without traveling back to the city very often.

Awesome room!
    • Executive Three-Bedroom Villa

Awesome room! Run down property and facilities! Hit and miss with staff. Dirty washrooms/showers at main swim area. Cold hot tubs. Restaurant and bar not open during the day. No milk for dinner for the kids?

Condo was comfortable and well equipped.
    • Executive One-Bedroom Villa

Condo was comfortable and well equipped. Only downside to location was road construction to make repairs after major landslide. activities at resort were not available, which surprised us being our visit was end of June.

Go somewhere else rather than here!
    • Executive One-Bedroom Villa

It was really far out and we got bored with the one restaurant very quickly. If the option was driving 30 minutes in Kelowna.

Will start with the fact that there was no Internet available in our suite. That whole building did not have Internet we had a choice of moving to another building

Think twice before booking with Booking.com
    • One-Bedroom Villa

Booking.com were inflexible when I had to cancel the booking due to illness. I booked three nights but I only actually stayed the one night. I was charged the full price for all three nights despite numerous advance attempts to alter this booking with booking.com and the resort. l charged more than $1,100 for the three-night reservation. My experience with booking.com and their inflexible policy has caused me to reconsider ever using this company again.

the view

We stayed in the newest section which was very nice.
    • One-Bedroom Villa

The little store has very few options and is very expensive. With the exception of the two new buildings, the rest of the resort is quite old with few renovations. The resort is on the west side of the lake so you must drive about 15-20 minutes to get to Kelowna or a store. There is no shuttle to town although it is advertised in the brochure. Bar and restaurant are mediocre.

We stayed in the newest section which was very nice. Beautiful room, comfortable beds, nice view. Renting water recreational equipment was easy.

The room was great and location
    • One-Bedroom Villa

Our room was not ready until 6:30 and they wouldn't even give us beach or pool towels we did get a free drink but at this point all our food had gone bad in the car from sitting in the heat so a meal would have been nice then when addressing the situation with the manager in the morning I didn't even get an apology just said I received a discount already cause I went through booking.com and when I addressed it would have been nice to have a towel they don't do that there which I have never experienced! Check out of this hotel is 10am an hour earlier then most and check in is at 4pm so I feel in 6 hours a room should be ready for the next guest and we didn't even receive a call to let us know our room was ready we went there to see if housekeeping was gone

The room was great and location

Very remote.
    • Studio with Mountain View

Very dated. All services closed. Bring food. Nice jacuzzi yet filthy.

Very remote. Quiet. Dated and old property.

Very far away from the airport and no shuttle.
    • Studio with Mountain View

Very far away from the airport and no shuttle. Taxi was $100 each way.

This is Mexico in the BC Interior
    • One-Bedroom Villa

It’s located on a very steep slope

Being right beside the lake watching the moon come up with my wife’s hand in mine was priceless.

Pools and hot tubs could be closer.

Pools and hot tubs could be closer.

No restaurant on site.
    • Studio with Mountain View

No restaurant on site. The closest eatery/grocery store was 17km away. Only outdoor pool. Cheap overall stuff

There is no wifi in the rooms which we expected for the...
    • One-Bedroom Villa

There is no wifi in the rooms which we expected for the price - also no tv in the bedroom.

Very friendly and helpful
    • Studio with Mountain View

Beautiful country setting quiet and peaceful

Very friendly and helpful

Not great for off season
    • One-Bedroom Villa

Given the time of season. Should have position us on the lakeside as building was 30% occupied.

Quiet location

Was ok will not do same location again

Unprepared rooms

Nature

Was Nice And Would Recommend The Three Bedroom Villa
    • Three-Bedroom Villa

the AC to be evenly spread across the room instead of one side being really cold.

comfortable but would prefer the interior design to be more modern

location and staff

na

location and staff

Pointe beach
    • One-Bedroom Villa

They need better beach chairs, patio furniture and a better bed

Pointe beach

All

All

• Reviewed: 26 May 2016

The Suite and the added facilities were awesome.

The Staff has to be trained more in order to give some correct guidance to the Guests, Poor direction and markings on where to go in the resort, Restaurant is not that great. Staff should know what to provide when the guest checks in.

The Suite and the added facilities were awesome.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

Staffing. My booking was cancelled by a staff without notifying me. Also, there's no wifi! No condiments in the room. Have to call them to send it. They show up an hour later with just 2. So very poor customer service

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

Brand new 1-bedroom apartment style suite with marble, faux...

Was told they were in West Kelowna. They are not. They are a 40 minute drive up a winding construction road on the NW side of the lake. Booked a king suite with lake view. Got a king suite with main floor parking lot view of Toyotas and VWs. Was told 'sorry but we overbooked'. Was told they had a restaurant. They do but it doesn't open until 12:30pm. Long drive to Kelowna for breakfast. Staff couldn't care less of our experience. All they wanted us to know was they would charge us $30 if we lost the room key. What does that tell ya?

Brand new 1-bedroom apartment style suite with marble, faux fireplace, maple cabinets and nice fabrics.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2015

The view and trails.

Access, the road was under construction so closures restricted off property activities. As all of the facilities at the property were closed only the view and hiking trails were available. The room rates didn't reflect this.

The view and trails.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2015

Location and view and dinner was amazing.

Found when we got there breakfast not served as off season would have been nice to know and we would have picked up way in.

Location and view and dinner was amazing.

• Reviewed: 15 September 2015

Condo was new and completely equipped.

The staffing of the resort was very poor. The resort had scheduled two weddings and the staff available was not enough to service resort guests. The restaurant was not open and all that was available were hamburgers and a very limited choice. The food service hours were limited for guests and the closest resturaunt, in town, was a 30 min. drive. The main facility buildings are run down and lacked maintenance for some time. We were told the property has had 4 changes in ownership in the past 25 years. The current owners bought the property from the bank. There was a noticible lack of general management that showed in the lack of proper staffing. While the staff that was on duty worked very hard, there were just not enough staff to service the basic needs of resort guests.

Condo was new and completely equipped.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2015

Staff were amazing.

Two hot tubs were out of conmission which was not a problem but the cleanliness of these empty pool was disgusting. Overall appearance of the resort could use an update.

Staff were amazing. The view was spectacular. Trails were challenging with lots of info but could be maintained better.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

Noisy air conditioning, condition of suit needs to be...

Noisy air conditioning, condition of suit needs to be renovated - walls and carpet very dull, general cleaning is needed, resort built on an extremely steep hill, restaurant was bad, main Westside access road is major construction works with limited access to hotel guests, remote location

• Reviewed: 24 August 2015

Run down resort. Short staffed and limited access to desired attractions, as a result. Poor management, as "off duty" staff enjoyed resort ammendities alongside paying customers. Too often they utilized short staffed occurrences to please their needs before needs of paying customers. Navigation signs worn out/faded. Rooms of aged portion of hotel were well worn and lacking decor. Odorous. Extremely limited menu.. With ok food. Not worth the $$$ spent. Beautiful site with such potential. Management needs to do what they were hired to do, manage..

Location. Location. Location! Beautiful if you have a room with a view. Attentive service.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2015

Lovely resort on lakeside - walks around resort in wooded...

Very steep bank from lakeside

Lovely resort on lakeside - walks around resort in wooded areas, views amazing. Play park for children, pool, water inflatable on lake (huge hit with the kids)

• Reviewed: 9 August 2015

Staff ver friendly and the room was very nice .

Car broke down on way back to calgary and they were closest to stay and when getting there had go thru road construction . As for resort the pool behind Kokanee rooms was closed so couldn't use it but they did have a pool at the clubhouse but never checked it out was getting dark

Staff ver friendly and the room was very nice . Only stayed one night but would like to go back and see if it is as nice as it looks seemed to have lots of things todo

• Reviewed: 8 August 2015

The suite was beautiful as well as the view of the lake.

Service was very poor-- couldn't check us in on time; never answered calls made from the room (we had to walk to the info. building). Beach was very small and had too few loungers for guests. We had to buy our own. Trails- there were no trails for walking or hiking.

The suite was beautiful as well as the view of the lake.

The lake water is fabulous

Very run down buildings, not enough staff for clean up or service. Wedding business exhausts the infrastructure so no restaurants open nor activities arranged.

The lake water is fabulous

• Reviewed: 4 August 2015

One Particular woman in the office (did not catch her name)...

Not all office staff are knowledegeable. If you cannot answer a basic question you should not be in a position where you deal with the public.

One Particular woman in the office (did not catch her name) was absolutely wonderful. Eager to please, and very helpful in assisting us as our accomodations upon arrival were below our expectations. She was exceptional!!!!! Thank you very much!

The staff

The road to the deserted property was under construction long and dangerous. The facilites were very bad and we did not dare to go back to the town and drive back at night. The resort was beautiful but it was not enough!

The staff

• Reviewed: 30 July 2015

We really liked the Okanagan Trail system, but it looked...

We paid much more than usual and yet the quality was far lower. We didn't have any housekeeping service (they blamed human error), the water was scalding or cold, the swimming pool that our "condo" overlooked was broken and green with slime and there were no water fountains near the tennis courts or any other public space. The road has construction and is closed until 11:30am, so they should offer a later checkout instead of 10am. Overall very run down.

We really liked the Okanagan Trail system, but it looked like no one else had used it for years because it was really overgrown and the staff couldn't tell us much about it. After we complained about no housekeeping service, then they offered to take $25 off one night. Would have been nice to have been offered something when they realized their mistake instead of having to ask for a manager.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

The view

Starting to get pretty run down a lot of walking to get anywhere and location and deadly road make it hard to get to and once you are there to go back to town. Pools and hot tub were in terrible shape that is if they were even open

• Reviewed: 25 July 2015

Nothing about my experience would make me recommend this...

Extremely disappointing stay. The resort is run down & dilapidated, and in bad need of an upgrade. The hot tubs did not work and the Kokanee pool was fenced off and full of green water. The staff were incredibly rude, actively fighting and yelling with customers at the pool and my dealings with then were some of the worst customer service experiences I've ever had. The room was musty and smelled like it hadn't been used or freshened up in months, the balcony was filthy. The water amenities at the beach were not fully operational. The food was sub par and over priced.

Nothing about my experience would make me recommend this resort.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2015

We were evacuated at 2:00 in the morning for a wildfire.

We were evacuated at 2:00 in the morning for a wildfire. I have not herd from the resort as to whether I will be charged for the night of the evacuation or the next night. We had no information and no help with lodging needs. the evacuation center we were sent to was closed.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2015

Pretty view, nice private beach.

The resort is dated, if it just had a facelift it would be much better. It was also hard to get around since it is built on a big hill which is very scenic but difficult to walk. Shuttle services are available though.

Pretty view, nice private beach.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2015

Although a bit of a drive, the location and the view were...

Couldn't get ice to our room and when we called to get some delivered they did not. Only one poor girl working breakfast in the restaurant, service was slow and many dirty tables. (But she is only one, so)

Although a bit of a drive, the location and the view were beautiful. The resort has an amazing potential. Some of the staff were amazing and accommodating, although some of the staff barely acknowledged our existence.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2015

Facilities were dated and not well maintained. There were food on the stair, and garbage blowing around the property when we were there.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2015

That we were not told that the only road leading up to...

That we were not told that the only road leading up to resort would be closed for much of the day each day!!! And the hotel knew in advance!!! Also, that our rooms were in the ghetto and looked nothing like the pictures!!!! A scam if you ask me for $286 a night!!!!

• Reviewed: 19 July 2015

The view at this resort is beautiful.

The bar/food bar staff were unfriendly and at times rude, and food and drinks were extremely inconsistent as they appeared to use whatever was on hand to substitute when they ran out of basic items, making for some pretty discusting beverages. The whole property is showing it's age and requires upgrades. There were no hot tub services working during our stay and we were told they would not be for a significant amount of time as they didn't meet code...this was disappointing. The air conditioning units are located in the bedrooms of the condo unit making the kitchen and living area very hot. During our stay our ac was broken...they had maintenance come look but couldn't fix it...this did not make for enjoyable nights with two little people. We paid 300$ a night, you'd expect at least air conditioning in your unit. Like the reviews stated before we booked; beautiful view, and great pool for kids but not worth the money, as there are many upgrades to be made and customer service was minimal at best.

The view at this resort is beautiful. Each unit has a self contained kitchen plus accessible bbqs for public use which make preparing meals easy. Cleaning staff went above and beyond and were excellent...other resort staff not so much. The lower pool and beach area were perfect for our preschooler and toddler.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2015

It was very remote, too far from any other services and...

It was very remote, too far from any other services and there was little in the way of groceries on offer at the resort. For travellers who are new to the area this should be pointed out before arrival or booking!

• Reviewed: 2 June 2015

Bill, owner of club wine tours

Pools closed, restaurant and bar close at 7pm, staff sitting on walkways smoking, 3 times caught staff on personnel phone calls in public areas, over-priced, poor communication (we wanted to rent water sport equipment but when we went down to rent at 4:30pm we were told we can not as they close at 5, but having spent an hour that morning discussing our options with staff, no one informed us we had to be there before 4pm), older accommodation needs to be condemned. This is such a great place with loads of potential but unfortunately it left a very poor impression in my mouth

Bill, owner of club wine tours Collects from your room, great guy, great experience, very accommodating, HIGHLY recommend doing a wine tour with Bill

• Reviewed: 20 May 2015

The view

The staff should be cognizant of the check out time. The rooms in the chalet are outdated. The carpets are grossly old. The staff should clean the rooms daily.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2015

The view and potential is enormous!

The room was not vacuumed prior to our stay and the garbage was full. The main swimming pool was in such a bad state showing improper care and maintenance to water quality,And Was Closed Without Advertising As such. The smaller swimming pool was so dirty you could not see the bottom and it was still open.

The view and potential is enormous! The room was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2016

I like the lake and the hotel complete amenities(golf,tennis...

The road going to the hotel is under construction

I like the lake and the hotel complete amenities(golf,tennis and badminton court)

The executive room are excellent

The executive room are excellent

• Reviewed: 9 September 2015

I liked being by the lake

The scary windy road, from Alberta so we weren't used to that

I liked being by the lake

panoramic view

dangerous road

panoramic view

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

Golf course readily accessible, as was swimming and boating.

Golf course readily accessible, as was swimming and boating.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2015

Very friendly and helpful staff.

Very friendly and helpful staff.

There are also 17 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.