Reviews of Lakeview Signature Inn Calgary Airport 3 stars

2622 39th Avenue Northeast, T1Y 7J9 Calgary, Canada

#12 of 100 hotels in Calgary

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The breakfast was ok. A nice addition to have but wasn’t stocked well. So when we got down there an hour after it started everything was already gone, cold or dried out.

The rooms are large and clean. The kitchen came with everything we needed There is a Cactus Club and Tim Hortons in the parking lot which was a nice treat. The hotel was fully booked but was so quiet.

• Queen Studio

Evening social hour was severely lacking. Evening social staff were extremely rude and inefficient.

Excellent breakfast. Nice pool, hot tub facility. Room was clean and comfortable. Most staff were very friendly and helpful. Good location.

• Queen Studio

I do not think the room had been sufficiently cleaned. Although the bed was made, on pulling back the covers it was not pleasant to find hair on the sheets below. We were too exhausted to complain, removed hair and slept after a long journey. The trash in the bin under the sink had also not been emptied. Small things like this made can be improved.

We were very happy with the size of our one bedroom suite and its facilities.

• Queen Studio

Breakfast room is ready for an update, but the breakfast was terrific.

With a very competitive price setting my expectations were not that high but everything was much above expectations. Friendly efficient reception staff, free coffee, water and cookies all day, large comfortable clean room. Also a full English breakfast, which is not what you expect in Nth. America when you see "complimentary breakfast". Tip for guests go and eat nearby at the Cactus Club. Just terrific! Hotel has a wonderful, helpful and friendly General Manager. Sylvester you made our stay even better than I would have thought possible. Keep up the good work and make a difference!

• Queen Studio

The long walk from the station coming back from Vancouver city to accommodation.

Staff very helpful with a change of room due to noisy air conditioner. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in too far to ship to Australia. Staff were helpful with the printing of boarding passes etc. oranges for breakfast fruit and yoghurt, toast if wanted. Beans and pre cooked omelette eggs or meat patties. Tea & coffee. Shuttle to and from airport great help I would recommend Lakeside to anyone.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Hotel is showing wear, could use some updating. Tap in our bathroom was not working well.

We were travelling with our adult children. The room with 2 bedrooms (and pull out couch) was perfect, lots of space for all of us. Breakfast was a real bonus, lots of choices, we ate there every morning! Pool and hot tub were great! Adult kids liked the 3 TV's, free wifi and the happy hour at Cactus Club next door!! The hotel staff were friendly and the hotel was quiet at night. We would stay again!

• Queen Studio

We were there on Mother’s Day and I was surprised that there was nothing no mention...something simple like extending breakfast hours to 1130 etc would have been appreciated. It was difficult to get a late checkout so ask in advance. The studio suite was very spacious, pretty decor and clean so it made the stay worthwhile.

The property is located close to major shopping mall and lots of restaurants. It is close to main roads if you are driving.

• Queen Studio

A spacious suite and very comfortable. Having a table, breakfast bar and lounge was great and it had all the necessities to cook in the suite if you chose to do so. A 20 min walk to train station into Calgary.

• Deluxe Queen Studio

Can’t think of anything I didn’t like.

Breakfast was amazing. The room was clean and comfortable. Receptionist was very helpful. It was a big spacious clean very high class facility. When I asked for an extra hour so I could use the workout room she allows us to stay. I lie the salt water pool.

• Queen Studio

It was far away from downtown Calgary.

It was a pleasure staying at this hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the hotel very clean. They were very accommodating to my dog too. Breakfast was excellent!

• Queen Studio

We booked 3 rooms to accommodate for the amount of people attending the trip, each room provided a kitchen but only 1 out of the 3 rooms we booked provided cook ware such as pots and pans.

The variety of food options offered for the free breakfast in the morning. Each room has its own refrigerator with an ice maker, a small kitchen was provided which included 2 stove tops and a microwave along with a Keurig coffee machine. The rooms were very spacious and allowed multiple people into one without it feeling crowded.

• Queen Studio

They could have communicated better with taking my payment. I felt like an idiot when I booked 5 places through booking.com, and Lakeview jerked me around with method of payment 3 times. I had no problems with any of the other bookings, but this one was a nightmare. We went through all of our valid and low balance cards, but kept getting messages back that we would lose our booking if we didn’t change cards.

Bed was comfortable, free movies were great, dinette was useful. Morning coffee was good, and the atmosphere was top notch.

• Deluxe Queen Studio

Not enough room/seating in breakfast area

Room facilities include full kitchen that we did not need that evening but excellent for a longer stay. Excellent value for money. Slightly dated but very clean and comfortable. Excellent location to airport and many eateries close by.

• Deluxe Queen Studio

The total amenities were excellent, the room . the meals the assistance the pool and the exercise room were very good. highly recommend to friends.Plan to stay again

• Deluxe Queen Studio

Its a old hotel , old pool , old room ... I had a problem with the water on the second day , they just send someone in my room to confirm that there was a problem with the water ???? Didn’t do anything else , I talked to the manager at my chek out and he was arguing with me saying the water was working ... clearly , people that give them a 9 don’t know what a real 9/10 hotel is ....

• Queen Studio

The pillows supplied for the pullout coach were very thin. Just ask for extra pillows if someone is sleeping on it.

We booked a one bed suite with a pullout coach. We did not use the kitchen but it was clean and appeared well equipped. The layout of the room was great and was larger than a regular hotel room. The location was good for accessing highway 1 east. There was a Tim Horton's right next door along with A&W and the Cactus Club.

All good!

The bed was very comfortable. Room was clean and carpets in good shape. the food was great in the morning and there was also food available for dinner the day I arrived.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

We booked this as we were flying late into Calgary. Good location and easy to access. Breakfast was good and the size of the two bedroom suite was great for a couple and a family (with two young kids).

• Queen Studio

Uncomfortable pull out couch, room was so far from the elevators. Ridiculous when carrying groceries to go down two extra long hallways.

Convenient kitchen.

• One-Bedroom Suite

There is nothing we did not like.

All the staff were friendly and helpful. They did not hesitate to provide us with answers. The food was always good, the cookies were appreciated by all of us. The pool area was always clean and well maintained. In fact we enjoyed everything about this place. We would recommend it and would certainly stay there again.

• Queen Studio

It would have been better if there was some bacon or sausages. There was when we stayed before. Still a good breakfast.

We loved the room lots of room. Very clean comfy bed. Popcorn nice treat.

Nothing bad !!

Best hotel I have stayed in ! The staff are all friendly and all helpful! The large comfortable rooms with kitchen was a great bonus. DVD player is so great as we brought our own series to watch. Breakfast was brilliant with varied and tasty choices. Dinner is included Monday to Thursday which saved me buying food in the evenings. Free coffee, soft drinks and cookies are available 24.7 . Pool and hot tub kept my daughter entertained. The hotel also looked after my bags for a couple of days as I went to another destination and returned to Lakeview which saved me a lot of trouble. One more thing they paid for my taxi when my flight was delayed. Not many hotels I know would go out of their way to help this much which means I will always return and recommend to others !!

• One-Bedroom Suite

Instead of charging just for the Room ... You guys Charge $300 extra which doesn’t make any sense . Once you have credit card in the System if there is any damage to the property you can charge afterwards. Overall it was Nice Staying at Lakeview Hotel.

It was a Nice location .

• Deluxe Queen Studio

They did not clean our room after we asked them to come later. Also, the lightbulb in the bathroom stopped working and we had to wait until the next day to get some to fix it. We had to shower in the dark.

Breakfast was good, and also the pool.

• Queen Studio

Suite hotel - so rooms have one bed - plus pull out couch. Pull couch is uncomfortable for our teenager. Would be nice if there was a room with two beds that was not a two bedroom. Otherwise great and well recommended.

Hotel offers everything you need- great amenities in room and in breakfast area. Great location.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Room was very warm when we arrived. Couldnt get the temp down from 25° the entire time. So we had to prop the door open for some air flow and keep the windows open. Affected our sleep. Our friend room next door said her room was too cold. Teeny issue: Kitchen doesn't supply dish soap to clean up after cooking.

The two bedroom two bathroom suite with a fireplace was super! And the full kitchen was so convenient. Very quiet room and comfy bed. Loved the pool and hot tub. Super easy to get to and Superstore is just 5 min away for groceries. They will even shop for you if you prefer. Def want to stay again for more than one night (in a cooler room ;-)

• Queen Studio

The food could have been better. The pool, while nice and clean, cut up my feet. And one of the cleaning staff entered my room without checking to see if anyone was there while my partner was getting dressed. Needless to say, neither of us are very happy about this incident.

There were dishes ready for our convenience in our kitchen area. They replaced our bed sheets as often as possible, however nothing else was replaced so we had a full trash can for our entire stay. But they did have some really good cookies.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The hotel needs an upgrade in furniture. Took 5 days for my stove top to be repaired. After emailing property with specific request for a specific room and calling to confirm, they didn't give me the room I needed. Really disappointed. I was a returning customer, after all. Also, noticed that the second floor did not smell as clean as the first. And my room was not up to par.. My cutlery draw was dirty and my room was not as clean as it was in my previous visits.

Been at this property five times already. Staff is friendly. Good location. Good breakfast.

• Queen Studio

I didn’t like that they told you after the fact, that there was a $100 non refundable pet fee

It was clean, and the rooms were beautiful and it had all kinds of amenities

• Queen Studio

We felt during this stay the quality of the breakfast had declined; it used to be better than what is generally offered by other hotels but now, it's about the same. Sharon will be disappointed to here this, I'm sure.

Excellent location vis-a-vis airport and easy access to Calgary's major arterial roads. The property is always clean and tidy and the staff pleasant and helpful. We repeatedly come back here because of the guest suite set-up; very comfortable and well appointed.

• Queen Studio

Due to an event in the building across the street, Friday I could not find any parking space. I think the hotel should take action

Really nice and clean hotel. Excellent value for the money

• Queen Studio

The only thing I didn't like was the accounting part, taking 300$ from my credit card for security and not giving it back immediately after checking out. This is something that was not in the deal, when I was checking in is when the receptionist told me that she must take 300$ from my credit card, and immediately when I'll be checking out it will be automatically returned, when I called them from the airport the dayxI checked out the story changed again, since my 300$ was not returned immediately as I was told during checking in, they told me that I need to wait for 9 working days, I wonder why yet I paid everything already, but they need to understand that from 15th of every month my bank will charge interest, I will pay the interest of the 300$ they are still keeping. Why not take cash if that's their rule then when a client is checking out, they can give back the cash they took for their security? Why they didn't state this clearly before booking? I don't think I could have booked the hotel if this is the case.

Very comfortable bed and clean room,even though I had issues with house keeping for not changing my bedsheet but it was resolved. The lady preparing breakfast is so friendly.

• Queen Studio

No Music on tv channel. THE radio could have a better sound quality. But overall we had a great stay.

Comfortable room, great breakfast shuttle to the airport. This is my second time and I will come back for sure. I already told many friends and they stayed in the same time than me and the loved it. Thank you to the great staff.

• Queen Studio

The pull out couch mattress was not as good as the bed, but it was still fine!

All the staff were lovely! Lovely facility and our room even had a small kitchen! I would stay again!

• Queen Studio

Had no idea what to expect. We needed a place to stay in Calgary until our condo became available. Great price, great rooms (all suites?) with good kitchen facilities and complimentary microwave popcorn. Felt guilty using a full suite for one night only. Would be great for a longer stay on business, or when in town to visit family without imposing. Good location, with restaurants nearby.

• Queen Studio

Didn't like being on the second floor and having people above me. I'll request a top-floor room next time. Other than that, it was quiet.

I love having the option of bringing my own food and being able to prepare it in my room.

• Queen Studio

The room was so spacious. They had the room ready with a crib for our infant upon arrival. Their breakfast had so much variety and the evening snack was a plus.They should definitely add it their website. They do offer free shuttle, and our flight was at 4am and they booked a cab for us and even paid for it. Front desk and housekeeping staff are so friendly and very pleasant.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The chairs and furniture needs upgrading. The chairs around the table were in horrible condition

It is great to have a suite so there is room to sit and visit.

• One-Bedroom Suite

For me the pilloes were too soft. I used the couch cushion.

We booked through Booking.com and paid abiut $85 for a Queen 1 bedroom suite. We cooked our dinner and enjoyedthe in room dvd player and popcorn.

• Queen Studio

Work out center may not be to your expectations, small. But I hate gym, so it didn't bother me.

All! Great studio, full kitchen, very clean, free popcorn, huge selection of movies, cookies at the front. Breakfast deserves special description: has it all and also changes items, say from sausages to bacon, etc. They offer coffee to go, tons of choices including fresh made waffles. Work station at the front has printer, fax and coffee all day long. All for $98 Canadian per day. Amazing value for what we got! Thank you so much!!

• Queen Studio

Hotel is clean. Bed and pillows dreamy. Breakfast was hot and varied. Evening snack was actually dinner! Great hotel near airport. Very good value.

• Queen Studio

Temp in the room was slightly chilly, so I looked for an extra blanket, which I prefer to turning up the heat. I found a not-very-clean blanket and mattress pad (meant for the hide-a-bed, I gathered), so I did not use that. It was very late at night, so I didn't want to call the desk or wait for someone to come with a blanket. It was fine.

I loved having all that space and kitchen area for the great price! Lots of windows and natural light was wonderful.

• Queen Studio

My room was next to the elevator and noisy. I went down to the front desk to see if I could switch rooms and had a new room within minutes...no hassle at all. Their customer service is fabulous and the rooms are spacious and comfy.

• Deluxe Queen Studio

The little sundry store says it sells diapers but it didn't when we stayed and also didn't have baby wipes to buy either. The furniture in the room is adequate quality however that doesn't mean its comfortable to sit on for periods of time. The cookies did not have a notice saying if they were nut free or not.

I liked that it was well laid out, with a great room/common room right off the front desk. I liked the complimentary cookies offered at the front desk and the bag of popcorn in bowl in the suite. I liked the soap recycling program, where they donate your used soaps to people in need.

• Queen Studio

Staff were very helpful, we asked about getting to the train station and they took us and came and picked us up. Room was a great size, very comfortable, had a Kitchen plus little extras. We had a very pleasant stay here.

• Queen Studio

The people who work at the Lakeview Signature Inn really seem to enjoy their jobs and make you enjoy being there too! rooms were extremely clean, and breakfast was excellant , served with a smile.

• Queen Studio

Not impressed. Our room had a leaky sink, the bed seemed very small. The location was horrible obviously no "lakeview" instead we have a large building that was loading and unloading trucks all night, we could hear all movement upstairs so it is not a quiet hotel at all. Staff wasn't the best. Our room didn't have enough towels, the ones they did have had holes in them. The complimentary breakfast was horrific, hotdogs used ad breakfast sausage, stale cereal, frozen and canned fruit instead of fresh, no variety of food choices and what they did have did not taste good. They claim to be pet friendly but DO NOT stay here if you have pets. They will charge you an absurd fee just to allow you pets to stay and they have no accomodations to help your pets.

Very clean for the most part, building was up to date and modern with decor.

• Queen Studio

We arrived during a snowstorm. Snow removal the next day was very slow.

Love the "suite" rooms as it allows for a relaxed, home away from home place to retreat.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Large, clean, comfortable rooms with popcorn. Lakeview also has the best complimentary breakfast I’ve had in a Canadian hotel, and I’m in a lot of hotels.

• Queen Studio

Breakfast could have been fancier but it was simple and that was all I needed

Breakfast was pretty basic but clean and fresh. Rooms were clean. Nothing overly fancy. But clean and spacious. DVD player and free dvds to borrow and watch. Great bed and pillows and blankets. Nice to have a thermostat in the room to keep it warm or cool enough.

• Queen Studio

We've always stayed at this location because we like the comfort, size of the room, perfect for families especially with kids. Friendly staff and reasonable price.

• Queen Studio

Comfort. Excellent staff. Needed a shuttle late one phone call and the lovely lady sent one. Great driver. Had to change my reservation despite the fact it was not aloud they made change with no charge. I will definitely come back when I am in calgary

• One-Bedroom Suite

They had a big convention of kids there and there wasn't much sleep that weekend not a great stay when you got to work

Everything was good except the hotels other guests disturbing sleep

• One-Bedroom Suite

The wifi did not work with my mobile device.

Great choices at the breakfast buffet. Spacious, clean and cheerful rooms. The complementary popcorn was a nice touch.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Every room had an outside view the way the bldg was constructed. Every room had at least one separate bedroom, kitchen and living room. Pool and hot tub were great with windows all around for good sunlight. Fitness room was small but a few good pieces and weights to work with. Breakfast was good and evening snack which was enough for supper. Didn't use it but free shuttle to airport.

• Deluxe Queen Studio

Nothing much to say in terms of negatives. It is a nice place.

Well-maintained property with comfortable suites and many included amenities. Good value.

• Queen Studio

A little far from Airport, requested wake up call didn't happen, airport shuttle only runs once an hour at the half hour, electrical outlets in kitchen did not work

Comfortable bed, friendly staff, free breakfast

• One-Bedroom Suite

Very attentive and friendly staff at the desk. Extra comfy bed. Really great free breakfast. We asked for a quiet room, and it was super quiet all night!

Not a thing

There were thoughtful little things like the coffee and cookies in the reception area and popcorn in the room. The room was spacious and clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, it was well located and the price was reasonable.

• Queen Studio

Breakfast staff very unhelpful.

As rooms are suites facilities excellent, but for an overnight stay near airport we didn't use them. Cost we paid was very very competitive. Location was 5 minutes from car hire co and airport so excellent location.

• Queen Studio

The room was large enough that we were able to have three of our friends stop by for a visit. The room and bed were comfortable and clean. Well worth the dollars paid. Thank you.

• Queen Studio

The bed was a little soft for my tastes.

The staff are exceptionally pleasant and accommodating. The breakfast and evening meals ( a pleasant surprise for me) are simple but a valued addition to my stay.

• Deluxe Queen Studio

Grandson loved the cookies at check-in. And the breakfast was great, a full selection. It was very comfortable and fully equipped, adequate weight room, and a nice pool and hot tub.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The lotion, conditioner and shampoo available were very fragranced. I would not be able to stay in your hotel with my spouse.

The suite was bright, spacious and quiet.

• Queen Studio

Excellent combination of close location to the airport , breakfast and snack, comfortable bed and ample parking. Two fast food outlets within walking distance as well as a familiar restaurant. Hotel is located near main roads and a car rental facility. Staff is wonderful.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

A great hotel. My room was nicely decorated, was a large size, clean and comfortable. The hotel offers a gym, pool, a lovely breakfast and an airport shuttle service which very handy. All of the staff I met were friendly and attentive which is very comforting as a holiday maker coming to Calgary for the first time. The location is good with transport links a close by. Thank you Lake View hotel, I will see you in summer

• Deluxe Queen Studio

The breakfast was fantastic!!! It would have been nice to have a variety of flavored coffee creams. The room was excellent, felt very at home. The mattress was a bit uncomfortable as it has sunk in the middle. The décor throughout the hotel was very nice, they still had Christmas decorations still on display.

• Queen Studio

I'd suggest they provide water boiler in the room. Tea bags are available, but there's no water boiler, which just doesn't quite make sense.

It is really close the Calgary airport. A very large hotel, plenty of parking spaces. The room is very large.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The breakfast was not amazing. The $100 pet fee was an unpleasant surprise when we checked in. We have never paid nearly that amount at other establishments. We required the use of the pull out couch and the bedding provided for it was minimal and very itchy blankets.

The lady at the reception desk was very friendly and helpful. We appreciated the evening snack of soup, salad and buns. The soup was quite tasty. The bed was comfortable and having 2 bathrooms was great!

• One-Bedroom Suite

The only little thing was that when flushing the toilet it made a loud sound but it went away shortly.

It's a great hotel, nice pool, gym and basketball court. Very clean and the room and spacious, pristine and comfortable. Will definitely come back.

• One-Bedroom Suite

It was a great trip and the hotel thought of everything!

The hotel was beautifully decorated for Christmas and the staff were so inviting. The suite was perfect for out family and the bed was so comfortable. Breakfast was great, as was the dip in the salt water pool. We were thoroughly impressed.

• Queen Studio

Cleaning service is too early since I am a not an early riser. Had pressure to leave my hotel suite by 10 Am.

Very useful equipments available for self prepared meals. Spacious room with 2 big luggage and still have room for lounging around. Breakfast is ample for the morning although the coffee seems weak even though I chose the bold option.

n/a

The Bed was amazingly comfortable, main floor room is always a must for me. check in was easy and quick, staff very helpful, well kept parking lot and lots of lighting everywhere. next time I'll remember my swim suit. Thank you Jenn

• Deluxe Queen Studio

i tried to watch a dvd movie but there was no remote for the dvd player, i called the front desk and was told the mantenance staff has finished for the day and she does not know where they keep the remotes.......so i was watching the cable and it went out at 7:40...i waited for 5 minites and it didnot come back on so we went to bed at 7:50

the bed was very comfortable

• Queen Studio

Best place I've ever stayed. The rooms are fantastic. Staff are extra accomodating and the little things like free cookies and snacks were fantastic!

Browse Lakeview Signature Inn Calgary Airport traveller photo gallery