Reviews of Hotel Le Crystal Montreal 5 stars

1100 rue de la Montagne, H3G 0A2 Montréal, Canada

#29 of 134 hotels in Montréal

• Urban Queen Suite

The room had 'suite like' facilities - small kitchen area, roomy sitting room and bedroom, large bathroom - very comfortable and good for people on the go!

Noisy traffic!!!
    • Crystal Suite

5th floor street side very noisy traffic all night long both nights we stayed there. Fire trucks, police sirens, motorcycles and loud muffler cars continuous.

Friendly staff. Excellent crystal suite.

I would definately stay here again!
    • Premium King Suite

Room larger then I expected and very comfortable. Bed super comfy. The Concierge was very helpful before and during our trip. Pool/spa were wonderful. Restaurant very good. Entire hotel super clean. Entire staff friendly and helpful.

Excellent hotel, would definitely go back
    • Urban Queen Suite

Unfortunately the restaurant was being renovated so was not open. Although breakfast was being served elsewhere in the hotel we did not eat there, so can't comment on the food/restaurant. However, there is a 'Starbucks' in the lobby which is very handy.

We stayed in a Queen Suite room and we were really impressed with it. The room had a small kitchen, and a lounge separate to the bedroom, so it felt more like a mini apartment than a hotel room. The room was very well decorated, and had everything you needed. The bed was really comfy. I thought that the hotel was excellently priced. Prior to travelling to Montreal we stayed in Boston. Hotel Le Crystal was about 2/3 the price of our other hotel and far better in quality. I would definitely stay there again if I was visiting Montreal.

Great location. Great staff. Great hotel. We’ll be back!
    • Premium King Suite

The bed was great! Reception personnel were excellent and accommodating. They let us check in early on arrival day which is rare for most hotels and sets this hotel apart (and above) from others.

Beautiful hotel
    • Urban Queen Suite

The hotel is beautiful and big! The stuff is very nice and helpful. I like that they’re about being green. They offered a 5$ credit at Starbucks (which is inside the hotel) if I decide my towels not being changed every day. Since I don’t go to Starbucks it went to charity, which is awesome. The location is excellent. Clothing stores, groceries, restaurants, bars are one block away. I came for a wknd for a concert which was at bell center and it was two blocks of walk. The hotel has a nice pool, small gym, dry sauna and a roof hot tub with a nice view. The room had a kitchenette with living room and bedroom with very comfortable bed. Spacious bathroom with bathrobe and slippers. You could have buffet breastfast for 21$ on the third floor... not to many option but it tasted fine and it’s convenient if you don’t have time to leave the hotel. I requested early check in and late check out. I got there about 8.30 am and the room was ready. Literally checked in within 10 min. Late check out was at 12 pm. Overall the hotel is awesome, will definitely stay there again on my next trip to Montreal.

I liked that they are trying to be more green.
    • Premium King Suite

I liked that they are trying to be more green. Daily housekeeping was optional and in exchange for not having the housekeeper refresh towels daily they offered a credit to the Starbucks in the hotel. Also the fresh infused water in the lobby and the spa were nice luxuries.

This hotel exceeded every expectation and was a great “basecamp” for adventure!
    • Superior Queen Suite

The elevator was a little frustrating at times when others were pushy. The valet parking is pricey. Nothing major to speak of!

The location was perfect, very central to were we wanted to be. The bathroom was excellent and the bed was so very comfortable. The hotel staff were fantastic and very friendly.

Very pleasant experience in the suite !
    • Crystal Suite

I didn’t like the noise from the street but it was because there was many trucks that were removing the snow. I also didn’t like the fact that few of the dishes that were in the suite were not very clean

We liked the view, the layout of the suite, the staff, the espresso machine

Excellent weekend getaway.
    • Urban Queen Suite

Pool water and tub water could be hotter

Beautiful hotel. Rooms were spacious and very cozy. Nice bedding and big towels. Everything was very clean! Bonus saunas and hot tub was great!

I love it!
    • Urban Queen Suite

It was bit to expensive!

It’s not a big place, easy to get out and walk around Main Street, staff was friendly and I really enjoyed my stay. I didn’t get to enjoy the swimming pool and spa and fitness, perhaps next time.

We'll be going back!
    • Premium King Suite

Room was a little different from our last one. Only thing we didn't care for was furniture in sitting area. It wasn't very comfortable at all. Bed was great!

It was second time here for us, and we really love the place. Also love that you have a coffee shop right in the hotel (Starbucks). Very convenient location for us as we come to Montreal to see the Habs play at the Bell Centre and it's a very short walk.

Exactly what we needed. Everything just works and the staff are brilliant
    • Superior Queen Suite

We were stranded because of weather so booked some last minute luxury. After a whole day of arguing with airport staff we just needed something low maintenance and comfortable. The staff here were amazing and the room perfect. We even got to watch coronation street which was much needed after a chaotic day

Solid property close to Bell Centre and Crescent nightlife.
    • Superior Queen Suite

Thermostat was incomprehensible, which was a problem with outside temperatures of -25 Celsius and floor to ceiling windows. Shower heads need some descaling.

Great bed and linens. Nicely sized room with separate seating area and kitchenette.

Either the coffee maker was not working or we could not...
    • Urban Queen Suite

The drain in the bathroom was slow to drain and we could not figure out how to use the coffee maker.

Either the coffee maker was not working or we could not figure out how to use it. The staff were extra friendly and helpful. I asked for a quiet room and though it was away from the elevator I was disappointed to be right on Rene Levesque as the traffic noise was very loud. If someone asks for a quiet room please try to keep them away from the main road. The touch of chocolates for my husband's birthday was lovely and a nice surprise. None of the fruit was ripe enough to eat except the apple and the orange was dry but the thought was nice. Loved the pool and hot tub out of doors and the staff was excellent in letting us use it before check in Thanks. Also loved Selvena the aesthetician at Amerispa. She is a gem.

Love this hotel!
    • Premium King Suite

It's a tricky location for getting dropped off

Love the festive lobby and gorgeous chandelier. Our bathroom was like a spa retreat! Bedroom was comfy and tons of closet space. Next time we'll stay longer!

Our stay at this hotel was nice. Would go back.
    • Deluxe Suite

Staff in restaurant for breakfast slow. Table not clean immediately after guest departure. And also run out of eggs for breakfast. In a 5 star hotel those things are not acceptable.

Great location and facilities! Awesome for family stay!
    • Deluxe Suite

The room is just a bit outdated... otherwise, I cannot remember anything I didn't like. I'd say that it's first kitchenette I've seen that wouldn't have a stove (but it wasn't advertised, so it wouldn't be fair to say I didn't like it)

Large room (including a bedroom and the living room), huge bathroom (including both shower and a bath), fridge, nice swimming pool, rooftop hot tub, fast valet parking!... It was a great stay! If you are traveling with kids, this is a great place to stay. The location is perfect: Across the road from great restaurants and shops.

Worked very well for us; would stay again
    • Deluxe Suite

Newspaper not available entrance hard to find coming at night by car Wanted to extend stay by one night and was told by the night reception that the rate woulds increase by $168. Checked on Booking.com and rate was only $40 more. Don't like haggling and felt like I was being ripped off (PS the reception honored the Booking.com rate)

Location; roomy comfortable suite; day staff very friendly; clearly interested in personal service as opposed to large chain hotel; food in restaurant was average only; Starbucks café adjacent in lobby a plus Ice water and apples in lobby welcome.

we loved everything the suit was perfect breakfast was...
    • Deluxe Suite

movie expenssive to rent and the valet had hard time to drive my car

we loved everything the suit was perfect breakfast was perfect and exacly when we asked for it

Poor service and dirty rooms.
    • Superior Queen Suite

Our bathroom had visible mildew and dust; there was not a doorman; the carpet had visible stains throughout the room.

They had an indoor pool and an outdoor hot tub.

This hotel is in an excellent location downtown.
    • Urban Queen Suite

The cleaning staff forgot to clean our room one day. We were not very happy when, after advising the front desk staff of same on the way out to dinner, we returned four hours later to find that nothing had been done. The carpet in the hallways on our floor also was in need of a good vacuuming.

This hotel is in an excellent location downtown. The valet parking, although quite expensive in our view, makes it a breeze to painlessly get in and out of the hotel. The room with separate livingroom, fridge and microwave, was very comfortable, with a spacious bathroom with double sinks and lots of storage space. Our room was very clean. The staff, especially the valet parking people, were very accommodating.

Lovely hotel - excellent staff - but I was charged for a movie that I did not purchase
    • Premium King Suite

I was charged for a movie that I did not watch. I was charged for valet service which I was not informed about before

super friendly and professional staff. excellent valet service

Being informed that hotel is not part of a chain, but owned...
    • Premium King Suite

Security policy, i.e blocked liaison between floors startled us. Kids, 4 and 7, used to between room visits but we (grandmother and aunt) were on separate floors. Understand this procedure is increasingly common.

Being informed that hotel is not part of a chain, but owned and checked out locally.

Better off at Fairmount
    • Premium King Suite

The pool is less impressive than the reviews may suggest. The restaurant has a limited number of choices. Breakfast menu is good but nothing out of the ordinary. Given the number of stars the hotel has, I was hoping for a more rarefied experience. It just didn't happen. Staff was not particularly courteous which is unusual in a hotel with lofty aspirations.

Great location, clean hotel, ok restaurant on the premises and a pool that could be fun for kids.

My base in Montreal each time coming from abroad. Its is really like home and it is home after so many years.

nothing.

Everything is done very professionaly. Very pleasant staff and helpful. Always a pleasure to come here everytime. Love the place, feelling like coming home.

An excellent hotel for your stay in Montreal whether for business or leisure.
    • Urban Queen Suite

The room was very warm and I couldn't alter the temperature as it is preset, after a quick call a maintenance man quickly arrived to put on the air con for me.

All the staff were very welcoming and I received a great gift of essentials when my luggage was late arriving, much appreciated after a long international flight. Sadly I didn't have time to enjoy the spa facilities or sample the food. I normally stay at another hotel but came here for a change and was most impressed. The hotel is situated next to great shopping area will wonderful restaurants on your doorstep.

There was a fire in the basement of the building in the...
    • Premium King Suite

There was a fire in the basement of the building in the middle of the night. All of the guests had to evacuate for almost an hour. I understand these things happen but it would have been nice if the guests staying that night were offered a discount on their stay. We only went up to montreal for one night to celebrate a special occasion and it was definitely dampened when we had to get out of bed and wait out on the sidewalk at 4am.

Beautiful hotel, will stay again
    • Superior Queen Suite

We booked a room that included breakfast. It wasn't made clear to us that it's a continental breakfast and not from the restaurant, so we ended up asking for the wrong breakfast which wasn't part of the package. A little more information would have avoided that. On check out, I waited quite a long time before being helped. Staff were helping another employee with a document and so I had to wait for them to finish before being acknowledged.

Staff were very welcoming. Our room was upgraded and it was beautiful, really clean and comfortable. Very luxurious with a great view.

But for the two unfortunate events I would give high marks to the hotel. The two suites were great.
    • Crystal Suite

Denied we had two rooms, they only had one available till we showed them paperwork, then found us the correct reserved suite. Put my suitcase in someone else's car - it held essential medications. Porter responded when we complained that the other family would have checked their car before leaving. He did retrieve the bag prior to the other family arriving to their car, and we watched the other car drive away - of course they didn't even glance at their luggage. I would have had to go home instead of continuing on my trip because I am required to take the meds two times a day to maintain immune suppression.

Wonderful rooms

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Fun to stay at a 'Boutique' Hotel in a great city - Montreal
    • Superior Queen Suite

No kettle to boil water for my tea. Microwave was up too high and was kind of cheap compared to the rest of the kitchen. There was no pamphlet on the hotel in the room. It took me awhile to find the exercise room.

It was right across from Ye Olde Orchard Pub that has good food and Guinness on tap. Large clean room with interesting furniture. The bathroom vanity had a towel rack built into the front of it. The couch was very comfy. Two TV's! Well equipped kitchen.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

The servers in the restaurant were very nice.
    • Premium King Suite

For the price paid the hotel was very disappointing! Heater did not work at all in the room. Had to change rooms but heater still did not work correctly in the new room. Hallways were dirty.

The servers in the restaurant were very nice.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Have stayed in other hotels in Montreal with better value for your money.
    • Urban Queen Suite

Hot tub was luke-warm, pool was out of order. A security alarm went off mid-morning with an announcement to stay where you are for your safety and wait for further notice. We stayed in our room for an hour and finally called the front desk. They told us it was a false alarm so we wasted an hour of our day.

Nice suite layout. Nice vibe to the restaurant.

Comfortable bed, nice bathroon and live in area.
    • Urban Queen Suite

Pool was out of service and we were not informed. I traveled with 11 year old and that was a disappointment to him. Shower was not clean: we found hair in it.

Comfortable bed, nice bathroon and live in area. Nice and helpful staff at the front desk.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Facilities nice. Staff not so nice.
    • Superior Queen Suite

The staff was horrible. Renovations on the room beside us, woke up to hammering at 7:30am and 8:30am during our stay, workers left a massive mess outside our door. Not getting maid service all day then was accused of leaving do not disturb on door handle. Termastat did not work, showed 23 Celsius, blowing cold air entire time, no instructions on how to change it.

The facilities were nice and easy to get to.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Comfortable, pleasant and central.
    • Premium King Suite

Rather loud and obtrusive music at breakfast - I doubt whether anyone actually enjoyed it.

Very comfortable and quiet suite. Staff always very pleasant.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Okay For a One Night Stay, But Definitely NOT "5-Star"
    • Superior Queen Suite

For the money and the "5-star" status, I was disappointed. The heating was broken in our room and they had to send a technician to fix it while we were out because it was frigid when we first got there. The bathroom faucet was falling off the sink and the shower door was also falling off the hinges and wouldn't shut properly. The mirrors and doors were obviously not cleaned (covered with smears) and the floors throughout the suite were strangely uneven. Overall, it just didn't live up to how it was advertised. I expected it to be a lot nicer and a lot more cozy for the money I spent... if you're looking for something special, I don't recommend the Hotel Crystal.

The "suite" was definitely spacious enough and the location was decent -- close to St. Catherine and plenty of restaurants and bars to chose from nearby. The staff was also friendly and generally helpful.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Awesome hotel...late checkout...does it exist?
    • Urban Queen Suite

Always book through booking.com and the hotel didn't recall who we were...also no late checkout...understand that it's subject to availability but checkout is 11AM and check-in is 4PM...larger spread than any other hotel I've been at!

Always stay here for habs games...unbelievable location!!!!

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

It's a gorgeous hotel worth the price.
    • Premium King Suite

It's a gorgeous hotel worth the price. We stayed in a premium king suite and it was very spacious for us. The room was immaculate and the bed was extremely comfortable. The amenities were wonderful, such as the deep bathtub, valet parking, and the rain shower. The faculty were very helpful and accommodating to our needs. Prices were very reasonable for a luxury hotel. The location is great, there are many pubs and restaurants within walking distance. Definitely booking again for my next visit to Montreal!

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Riyadh Saudi Arabia to the Crystal Hotel Montreal as stop over before getting to the family.
    • Urban Queen Suite

Nothing negative and that is really the truth.

The Crystal Hotel is always a great experience. To me over the years it became like a family where it is always a pleasure to meet the staff and feeling to be home.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Good Hotel and location
    • Urban Queen Suite

Be careful of the extras at breakfast. No real at and waiting area a Starbucks but not open at night after 7pm

The suites were clean and accessible for shops behind hotel not in front.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

The breakfast was not as usual a bofee breakfast .
    • Deluxe Suite

The breakfast was not as usual a bofee breakfast . it was continentl breakfast and for me it is the first time And I will not book again this hotel Other things is OK

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Highly Recommended!
    • Urban Queen Suite

The guest room could have more and brighter lighting.

The bathroom was outstanding. It was very large with 2 sinks, a large bathtub, and a large glassed-in shower with 2 shower heads. The room was comfortable and the bed was very comfortable. The front desk personnel and the concierge were extremely nice, helpful and accommodating. The location of the hotel was very convenient to walking anywhere downtown and taking the metra. We would definitely stay at the Le Crystal again.

Nice hotel but some disappointments
    • Premium King Suite

We arrived very early and though I didn't expect room to be ready when we were there, it took until 4 pm for room to be ready which was very disappointing. Also, free breakfast turned out to be a credit at the restaurant which turned out not to be enough to cover what we ordered even though we each had just 1 item plus coffee.

Comfortable room, we had 3 people so suite worked out well.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Worst hotel experience I've had in years!
    • Deluxe Suite

We were not able to check in to our rooms until almost 5:00. I was unable to reach the front desk using the phone in the room. I had to use my cell phone to call them. Room had poor lighting (particularly in the room where the bed was). Room looked tired.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Will try other hotel next Montreal trip
    • Superior Queen Suite

Hairs in room when I checked in, which made me question the cleanliness.

Bathtub was large and Starbucks nearby made the location great. Also, the concierge was superb and very friendly!

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

This is ok but not a 5 star hotel!!!
    • Deluxe Suite

This is not a 5 star hotel that is the biggest issue, it is at best a 3 star! So the expectation is wrong!

The staff was generally nice, the room was nice AFTER we upgraded to a higher level. We liked the pool.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Very nice hotel to stay in down town..
    • Deluxe Suite

Lication is very nice, pool and sauna is amaizing, staff is so friendly and cooperative, valet guys is very nice specilly Yosouf, I spent very nice 5 nights in Montereal where I began by choosing such a nice hotel.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Decent hotel with a good location
    • Urban Queen Suite

The negative points: the hotel has no spirit, it’s more for business than city trips, rooms are a bit “tired” despite renovation (new layers of painting easily visible); parking is payable (for Europeans – it’s a rip-off, as most of the hotels in Europe have own free of charge parkings for hotel guests, even in the biggest cities). Breakfast was included in the room price but we were really surprised getting coupons for every breakfast with a limit of 45 dollars for 2 persons (baby - for free); as there was no buffet, it was difficult not to overshoot the limit; just ordering a latte instead of a regular coffee, a little pot of yogurt and you’re 20 dollars above the limit plus tax, plus service, plus tip…... Do not forget to emphasize what is to be consumed by your child, as it is free of charge (otherwise they add everything to your bill).

Good location (very close to the shopping street St. Catherine), a swimming pool with a nice city view and SPA. We had a small suit with a kitchenette, which was very useful as we travelled with a toddler. The hotel was clean, receptionists nice and responsive as well as concierge.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

My spouse is using a wheelchair, the emergency information...
    • Premium King Suite

My spouse is using a wheelchair, the emergency information only mentions to use the stairs in an emergency, nothing about what have to do if you can't walk. My spouse can only stand up using a brace on her leg and a walker... Normally to take a shower, a bench as to be in the shower.at that point, she sits on the outside and has to slide in while sitting. The shower stall was too small to accomodate the bench and her at the same time

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Loved it
    • Urban Queen Suite

Everything was great! Location close to everything. Happy with my stay

Loved the assortment of snacks and wine in the room. The bed was super comfy and everything was very clean :)

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

..hmmm.... Not entirely sure why this hotel had such positive reviews...
    • Premium King Suite

Suite was cramped - in fact lobby and restaurant gave off an overcrowded vibe, too. bed corners were shin scrapers... 'Breakfast included' meant vouchers... Cheesey to pay an additional 2.99 when we overran, esp. at the room rate we paid... Surrounding road works and lack of clear signage made access ridiculously difficult.

Pool and hot tub nice. Valet efficient.

I loved every part of my stay at Hotel Le Crystal and...
    • Deluxe Suite

I loved every part of my stay at Hotel Le Crystal and can't wait to go back

Was expecting much more from a 5 star hotel like Le Crystal
    • Urban Queen Suite

Overpriced valet Staff is disorganized after 11pm had to go through multiple employees to get the right answer and still missing information.

Amazing experience

Everything is impeccable

Wonderful
    • Superior Queen Suite

Great staff, very helpful. Room was immaculate. Great location.

Pleasant
    • Premium King Suite

Breakfast was rather poor because restaurant wasn’t open

Fantastic property.
    • Premium King Suite

Had some bad experiences with the car valet where I called ahead and it took way too long

Location and roof pool were perfect.

Location was excellent!
    • Premium King Suite

Room on street side are to loud..

Location was excellent!

Not the 5 star experience

very comfortable and pleasant hotel

- WiFi weak at times

Very comfortable, well-equipped rooms; extremely friendly staff; bus to airport right in front of hotel; metro station nearby

Incredible service from the moment we arrived until checkout.
    • Crystal Suite

Incredible service from the moment we arrived until checkout. Everything was incredible!

Room was terrific!

Room was terrific!!!

Rooms were not up to expectation, lot of construction, rooms very small was told
    • Premium King Suite

Requested sheets to be changed daily but never changed during stay

Great location, staff were extremely polite and accommodating.

Didn’t have

Didn’t have

The bathroom was spa like !

45$ for parking was expensive

The bathroom was spa like !

Breakfast buffet was overpriced and fruit was rotten

Breakfast buffet was overpriced and fruit was rotten

Staff was the best, they make you feel home.
    • Premium King Suite

Staff was the best, they make you feel home. Size of room was small so i had to upgrade. Its clean. Amazing location

The room menu is poor in food.
    • Superior Queen Suite

The room menu is poor in food. They will put diversity food.

Great stay
    • Crystal Suite

Restaurant not open Starbucks closes too early

Location , staff, room

Great place to stay in Montreal
    • Crystal Suite

Beautiful room, awesome location, friendly staff

Great location, rooftop jacuzzi and gym
    • Premium King Suite

Pull-out sofa could be more comfortable.

Central location, nice gym and rooftop jacuzzi. Excellent breakfast restaurant. Friendly staff.

Average but not horrible
    • Superior Queen Suite

Way too expensive for what the accommodations are.

Montreal city Centre hotel
    • Deluxe Suite

Very comfortable and spacious suite.