Reviews of The Omni King Edward Hotel 4 stars

#5 of 133 hotels in Toronto

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Class Hotel
    • Deluxe Room - 1 Queen Bed

WiFi. This was complimentary during my stay which was just as well because away from the lobby area, it constantly dropped out. Poor show for a high quality hotel.

Everything except WiFi. Concierge service the very best.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Good, reliable, solid value for the money.
    • Deluxe Room - 1 Queen Bed

I wish that more hotels would offer rooms with hardwood flooring for those of us with allergies - rooms with hardwood flooring also feel cleaner because even the best staff can't do an ideal job with people walking around on a carpet in their street shoes every day.

The staff and overall comfort level of these rooms are always reliable, the food and coffee are good and the price is excellent for downtown Toronto.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

I would go back but definitely will request very different rooms
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

The air conditioner in the room was very noisy!! We couldn't rest unless we shut off the whole system. Also, The soundproofing in room wasn't good at all, there was a wedding 3 floors higher and we were hearing the sound system banging all night and couldn't sleep until I put earplugs. After complaining to management, the room that was shown, my view was a wall of cement. Very sad for a hotel at that calibre and at that price to disappoint that way.

Greeting upon arrival was very welcoming. Room was very clean. The Staff all around were great!!! they tried their best to make us happy.

Just wow!
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Our room location, the room was very dark as we had a high rise building which we looked out onto from our window so a lot of natural light was blocked out which was a shame as the room was beautiful. Will definitely request a room with a front city view next time.

The hotel and the staff were amazing, fantastic location and we will most definitely be staying there again when we visit Canada

Short break in Toronto

Absolutely nothing

Excellent location. Helpful and pleasant staff. Booked club room had no idea all the extras that came along with it. Certainly would book this hotel again if we traveled back to Toronto

Great hotel in an ideal location.
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Perfect downtown location. Extremely comfortable bed. Excellent bar with top notch cuisine and generous opening hours. Friendly, approachable staff. Nice touches of supplementary hospitality (fruit and waters left in room).

Concierge staff was very helpful.
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Overall, the service was a little cold. No one was willing to go the extra mile for customers. Location is alright. Cleanliness/comfortableness did not meet my expectation. There was a lingering odor in the lobby/elevator areas.

Concierge staff was very helpful.

Staff was great, especially Concierge Vanessa.
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Disappointed with the room size. The photos online are deceiving about the size; was much smaller than shown.

Staff was great, especially Concierge Vanessa. She was lovely.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

I preferred the hotel I stayed at down the road, One Media.
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

I paid over $500 (CAD) for a one day stay (it was my fault as I thought I paid for two days). This was complete price gouging as this hotel is not worth this cost. I've paid less for 5 star in AD and Dubai. First the service was average at best as the porters watched my daughter and I lug bags as we walked in their direction. The room offered one bottle of water (not okay for $500). The staff was not knowledgeable on their credit 'hold' policies. Their late night dining included items like popcorn and cold sandwiches. They should be ashamed charging such prices.

An absolutely stunning place!
    • Premier Room - 1 King Bed

An absolutely stunning place! Comfortable, friendly and with exquisitely trained staff. Loved having the coffee delivered piping hot early in the morning!

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

The Omni met our expectations and would certainly recommend i
    • Royal Club Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Would have been nice to have all day access to club room for tea coffee and snacks this one only opened for a couple of hours in the afternoon

Lovely foyer. We stayed in a club room so enjoyed the gourmet continental breakfast and evening drinks and cold meats cheeses hot savouries fruit and desert. The staff in the club room were always there to help and very friendly. Good location for tours to pick us up. Our tour guide said this was his favourite hotel in Toronto.

Can do much better !
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Of the hotels we stayed at during our trip to Canada, the Omni King Edward was the most disappointing. Despite its 4 stars, Wifi was not free and the cleaning leaves something to be desired; we found a used towel used under a piece of furniture in the bathroom. In addition, the ventilation grid was full of dust (see picture 1). We reported it to the front desk. They took the towel away but they did not do anything for the dust. Another thing: among the documents on the desk, we found an internal document, called "The Buzz", which was not supposed to be there. Indeed, this document contains the list of the VIP in house, the statistics regarding ranking of the hotel on Trip Advisor, ... The topic "Omni Power of One" of that document contains mottos to be kept in mind by the staff, such as "Always Focus and Concentrate on what you're doing", "Quality in a service or product is not what you put into it, it is what the guest gets out of it", "Always remember that we are hospitality professionals", … Apparently, the housekeepers and their supervisors do not read "The Buzz".

Breakfast was good (but very expensive).

Really enjoyable overnight stay in a lovely hotel, in a great location.
    • Deluxe Suite - 1 King Bed

Last time we stayed in Toronto we stayed at The Adelaide where I found the staff to be more welcoming.

We booked the one bedroom suite which was large and very nicely furnished. Really comfy bed, great bathroom. Breakfast was amazing.

King Eddy exquisite luxury
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Minor gripe in this modern data driven era. I forgot my cell phone and asked if there was a computer I could use as a guest to access the internet and connect with fellow travellers via gmail. I easily located the computers on the mezzanine floor and had to pay for usage. I went downstairs to ask for an access code and was told I had to pay. The only free access was to print boarding passes. Without my phone and access to gmail thus was a problem. It might be a idea to have antibacterial wipes available (for free) near the computers. I myself had a sore throat and would have liked to have wiped the keyboard for the next user as well as before using myself. I had just stayed in a comfort Inn where there was a public pc with FREE internet access. I would not have noted this if I had not forgotten my cell phone...

Location. Decor. Ambience. The hotel is classy a.d a true haven from the busyish Toronto city streets. The subway is nearby as is the underground walkways called the PATH. The doorman is super friendly and informative... telling me to use the underground walkway on a rainy evening rather than trying to hail a scarce taxi...(saving me dollars and time). The beds are really comfortable and rooms spacious. Towels clean. Coffee maker in room easy to use. Staff are pleasant. The concierge is efficient and helpful without being overattentive. He has a good air of command that almost made me wish I had more use of the service to book a trip or show.... I would stay here again just because of the understated luxury of the place. The foyer is just right.

Toronto is a really buzzing city with plenty to do and see and this hotel is in a great location.
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

Great room, great location, friendly and helpfull staff. Used the bar for dinner, great vibe, good food and good service. Really comfortable room and great room service. Reception area also a great place to relax with a cappuccino after some full on city sightseeing.

Excellent hotel!
    • Deluxe Suite - 1 King Bed

The extra bed not confortable, and a bit noisy, this was the only thing we didn’t like.

Excellent hotel, beautiful, comfortable and clean rooms, friendly staff.

The best aspect of this hotel is that it is high quality and...
    • Deluxe Room - 1 Queen Bed

The hotel was perfect but pricey.

The best aspect of this hotel is that it is high quality and right downtown. We never took a cab because we could walk everywhere.

The room was simply fantastic, and the bathroom as well.
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

The pool cannot be named “pool” since it is very very small

The room was simply fantastic, and the bathroom as well. Everything was clean and in a perfectly status being the hotel renewed recently. Position is ok for visiting the city

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Use of business center computer.
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

Use of business center computer. Was charged for printing though no documents were produced. Luckily the front desk printed my event tickets for me, but the charge remained on credit card.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Beautiful Birthday stay for me!!!!!
    • Royal Club Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

We booked the Royal club deluxe room. It included access to a lounge for drinks and appetizers in the afternoon no charge. It also included breakfast in the morning no charge. This was a very nice bonus to staying at the beautiful hotel! Service was excellent although we did have technical difficulties with the fridge in the room. They resolved it as best they could and all was good. Beautiful hotel and so glad we stayed there for my birthday!!!!!!

Nice place to stay
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

1. Doors are noisy every time you close them. when your neighbor is back - you will know about it (at any time) 2. valet - about $55 cad

beautiful property, professional team, good coffee place and bar

The bed was amazingly comfortable!
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

The bed was amazingly comfortable! The hotel's buffet breakfast was outstanding. The room was beautiful. the bathroom had a window! The location is perfect for exploring downtown Toronto.

Over all our two nights were fine but I wouldn’t stay there again.
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

The bed was terrible. The mattress dipped so bad that my husband and I had to change ends to sleep. There was no storage in the bathroom to place wash bags and the hair dryer had no power.

The location was perfect. The staff were very friendly and gym/spa facilities were good.

Unprofessional Staff
    • Premier Room - 1 King Bed

We booked a king bed and a roll away for our 11yo son. On arrival the manager told us they had no roll away for us so our son would have to share our bed! When I expressed my surprise and disappointment with this he threatened me with his security team throwing us out! It was 10pm at night! We had flown in from UK and this was our first experience of Toronto

The staff very helpful
    • Luxury Executive Suite - 1 King Bed

Breakfast looked a little messy Plates were cold for the hot components Very expensive Our room had no view and for that price!

The staff very helpful

A lovely place to stay
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

There was no kettle to boil water for two cups of tea although expresso machine provided could do one cup of tea. There was no milk provided for that one cup of tea. The hair dryer was a poor standard. Very poor toilet paper too.

Wonderful bed, great views, lovely bathroom. Very spacious room. Lovely staff.

Beautiful and impeccable service.

No Parking.

The hotel was beautiful. The room was spotless and the bed was like a cloud and the linens were sumptuous. The location was perfect. It was close to everything. The concierge helped arrange a golf outing.

Situated walking distance to almost every spot of Chicago.

It took me almost 1.5 hours to check out. In their computers it seems to be a total mess. The lady trying to check me out sweated for a while and then asked the manager on duty to help.Not to helpful at all.

Situated walking distance to almost every spot of Chicago.

Loved it
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Would have been good to be able to have access to showers after vacating the room on the day of checkout as we had a late flight home. Wi-fi connection a bit patchy.

Staff extremely helpful. Facilities and food good. Room very comfortable

Luxury ambience in a perfect location
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Having to pay for wifi - this should be comementary in room, not just lobby. We did not want to pay $11 a day after first day so paid for data instead. When we checked out $11 were refunded?? We did not understand the wifi policy? Parking was also extremely expensive!

The location was excellent and the hotel lobby beautiful. The room was very spacious and comfortable. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet was really nice!

The views were amazing, very formal inside, the building had...
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Had to pay $11 for decent wifi and over $20 for secure wifi (video chatting), no remote for tv

The views were amazing, very formal inside, the building had an amazing historic look to it, the rooms were huge compared to other hotels, and the bathroom was big and beautifully laid out with lovely designs

A good hotel with very good location
    • Royal Club Premier Room - 1 King Bed

Very loud air condition in both rooms, and especially in the De Luxe Royal Club room. It was not possible to keep AC running over night to be able to sleep. Somewhat stubborn service at the reception by some of the personnel. Selection of the snacks and drinks in The Royal Club service is quite modest. I visited afternoon coffee only once and it was nothing to mention: coffee/tea with bisquits, some fruits and nuts. The evening visit was a bit better, some snacks and long-drinks and wine. First time the service was very slow, second time better.

Very nice hotel with a very good location. We had a Premium Royal Club -room, which was big and comfortable. Lemon mineral water to drink each day. The booking.com price for this room was very good. We had to stay an extra night because our flight was cancelled to the next evening. We took a De luxe Royal Club room, the price from hotel was high, and the room was not so comfortable as the Premium room as it was much smaller and the bathroom was very small. A good buffet breakfast was included in the room price. Club Royal offered also afternoon coffee/tea, and in the evenings there were some snacks and drinks available.

I am looking to stay here frequently for business as the hotel sales department has been very easy.
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

wifi was not great even for my boss who upgraded.

My room was fantastic as was the service through out the hotel. The gym is a huge selling point for me. It was perfect. The location is great for all levels of interest.

Hospitable King in Toronto

So noisy conditioner.

Excellent location, delicious breakfast, nice bar, qualified concierge service. Pretty well gym. Lounge floor is worth staying there.

Very nice clean hotel.
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

We found the room a little small. The bed was comfortable but the pillows could be better. The parking was a little pricey.

Very nice hotel. Very clean in hotel and room. The bathroom was beautiful. Very clean and the towels were great. Very friendly and helpful staff. Good location. Had some restaurants close by and also a Tim Horton on the corner.

We would definitely stay there again.
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

We found it a little bit confusing to get to because of the traffic and the direct restrictions because of the time of day we were arriving to the hotel.

The double beds were super comfy even for a couple that is used to sleeping in a king. The room was very clean and overall a great size. We did end up using the valet parking as it was far more convenient for the time of day we arrived in Toronto and was only $3 more than the nearest public parking lot.

I'm very pleased over all, the stay completed my best vacation experience
    • Royal Club Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

The royal club lounge food would be good if the selection of meat is better than the daily bacon & bangers, on our last day, the egg was dry, the room was smaller than what I expected,

The location was convenient and staff was great from the front desk Katherine , Vanessa & Brian of concierge, most specially royal club lounge staff Ann were all friendly and try to accomodate our request. The staff very well made our vacation to Toronto special

The staff were wonderful especially the breakfast room on...
    • Deluxe Suite - 1 King Bed

The staff were wonderful especially the breakfast room on the 11th floor they were fantastic The front desk staff were so friendly and helpful also Shaun was a great guy with very good advice on restaurants All made it memorable stay

Can't wait to stay there again!
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

The small refrigerator was so cleverly build into the bureau, that I didn't discover it until my last day.

The staff was super attentive, especially Myle on the front desk. Room service was fast and followed by a phone call after delivery to check on satisfaction. The room had just about every amenity I could have possibly needed. I especially liked the fact that the commode and the shower were in different bathrooms.

Right in the heart of the city - well placed for EVERYTHING!
    • Premier Room - 1 King Bed

Location is a key selling point for this hotel- it’s a great base to walk from for activities such as CN Tower, Rogers Centre, St Lawrence Market, Distillery District, however it’s also very close to the subway and the tram is right outside too! The hotel itself has plenty of character and history - it feels “posh”. The bar is good for drinks (we didn’t eat there) too. Our room was on the 16th floor - it was a corner suite with good views of the streets below. On our second day, filming was taking place immediately outside our window - a TV series, how exciting! The room included a safe, fridge and ironing board/iron - useful gadgets. Staff v friendly and helpful. Free internet when you sign up to the Omni loyalty scheme.

The hotel has a good location, accessible to downtown transportation and attractions.
    • Royal Club Premier Room - 1 King Bed

The breakfast presented was the same everyday for the 6 days that we have been there.

The room is spacious and the bed is comfy. Location is superb. The complimentary breakfast at the Royal Club Lounge is a great way to start your day,

Great location, iffy staff.
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

The doormen were not helpful, and it was hit or miss with the front desk staff. Some were very nice and gracious and others acted bothered to assist you. Had to take a cold shower one evening because they could not fix the plumbing.

The concierge was nice and helpful. Great location near subway and rail system.

Overall very good if you like a more traditional experience.
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Lighting in the corridors is dim and the corridors look all the same. More prominent or illuminated directional signage would be helpful

Comfy, elegant and spacious bedroom and bathroom. Eggs Benedict at breakfast had perfectly poached eggs and a lovely hollandaise.

great room (second one)
    • Deluxe Suite - 1 King Bed

my first assigned room was noisy as if an engine room was just behing my bed. I asked to replace it and was removed to another room the day after. the staff were very attentive but i still stayed there for two nights and got a breakfast voucher for the inconvenence. I guess i expected this kind of hotel standard to notice the noise beforehand and not to put a guest in such a noisy room.

great room (second one) spotless clean very comfortable bed amazing central location 80m next to a subway stop and to the street car

A very enjoyable stay from start to finish
    • Deluxe Room - 1 Queen Bed

There was nothing I did not like

I can highly recommend this hotel to anyone. The hotel was very clean, the staff were very helpful and friendly. The rooms were of a very good standard. Plenty of room plus a safe in the wardrobe. First class

Dreadful- will never stay there again
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

The room was dreadful - located next to the hotel ventilation system so was very noise. It was like having a Mack truck in the room or being on the tarmac with a 747 as it cut in and out throughout the night.

Staff very edgy and defensive

I felt like a Queen at the King Edward Hotel, Toronto.
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Nothing. I loved everything about my stay.

I loved my stay. I loved my room, especially the robes! Every time I went through lobby I was spoken to by some member of the staff. Check in was the simplest I have ever experienced! The area around the King Edward was safe and clean. I can’t wait until I attend the next show in Toronto, because I will definitely stay at the Omni King Edward hotel!

Hotel is in the financial district and is in easy walking...
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Hotel is in the financial district and is in easy walking distance to all areas of Toronto. Plenty of restaurants nearby. Bedroom well appointed and spacious. Breakfast very good and food in bar is also good. Staff very attentive and pleasant.

Very large rooms all different as it’s a historic hotel
    • Premier Room - 1 King Bed

The rooms are well appointed but not very practical for stays other than for business. We had a large suite which had a large lounge, bedroom, walk in wardrobe and bathroom. The lounge had a coffee table and two couches but should have had a table and chairs to eat meals. The bathroom only had a very small work surface with not enough space for bathroom needs.

Very large rooms all different as it’s a historic hotel

Not up to par

See above

The room was small for the price, no bigger than an ordinary cheap hotel room. The food in the. Club lounge was mediocre. The bed was quite comfortable but the AC was too loud. The food and service in the bar was excellent. Also the service in the club lounge was very good.

Spacious rooms & bathrooms in downtown Toronto near Hockey Hall of Fame. Staff & service needs impr

The hotel was reviewed in the NY Times & we gave it a try. Checking in was difficult, as the luggage cart could not go to the street & there was some construction on the front entrance door. We checked into our 2 rooms which clearly had not been properly inspected BEFORE check-in. Light bulbs were out in one room & air conditioning not working in the other. Maintenance replaced bulbs, but our sons had to move rooms as the AC could not be fixed. Would have been helpful to know this is advance....moving rooms after getting settled, not optimal. Asked for a turn down service BOTH nights and did not receive it on either. Property is nice, but services are just not up to par, although they are courteous, they are not quickly effective. Staff needs lessons on hospitality & service....being nice is great, but resolving issues quickly is equally important to travelers.

Rooms & bathrooms very quite spacious and comfortable.

Highly recommend
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

The price of the breakfast was quite high. It was nice to stay in the 15th floor but unfortunately our view was a brick wall.

The personnel was very friendly. The lobby was beautiful and there were free apples to be eaten. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfy.

Very comfortable beds.
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Very comfortable beds...new moderb bathroom with a great shower. Attention to little things. Birthday cupcake in my room for my birthday...thoughtful touch.

Great location...very friendly staff...pricey for the type of room...old and tired
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

We were on the 12th floor and took the stairs to get to the 11th floor lounge. The staircase was very dirty...a piece of bread was there on the same step the entire time we were there and there was other types of crumbs as well.Can't help but think there must be mice throughout the building with the discarded food we noticed.Also the staircase is in desperate need of a paint job...peeling paint,water marks etc Its the things one doesn't typically see that makes the difference between a 3 start and a 5 star

the quiet

The one disappointment of another-wise top notch hotel is...
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

The one disappointment of another-wise top notch hotel is that due to the old downtown location even on the eighth floor all four windows stared right into another building about ten feet away. The room was pitch black dark with the curtains open yet you needed to keep them closed most of the time. It was like staying in a large, nicely appointed cave.

Great location, lovely building, but not as good as it used to be.
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Breakfast in resto very disappointing for price. Mediocre and sometimes downright poor service. Climate control in room not accurately calibrated. I dislike duvets - too hot.

Location, overall room, bed

Expected a little more for the price
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

The pillows are very high and hard to sleep on. Not the hotel's fault but there was a lot of noise from our upstairs neighbour in the middle of the night which woke us up. No slippers included in the room. You'd think for $300 they'd at least give you some slippers.

Location is excellent.

Good
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

No spa, no hot tub. Room service menu is poor and expensive. Bed was hard. Front door to hotel is very ugly and small. Room was small for the price.

Very clean, nice decor.

A good stay
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

$345 for one night with parking was a bit steep. Original room price was $245.... but with all the fees and $50+ for parking, it really added up

Brought some chocolate dipped strawberries and a card for our anniversary - nice touch.

A total waste of money
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

the fire alarm for which staff was very ill prepared the cold coffee, long wait times for breakfast The condescension of the staff

The room was tastefully decorated.

A wonderful 5 days in Toronto, a resilient city in the face of adversity. Thank you!

We were unfortunately evacuated in the middle of the night due to a false alarm. Now it’s always good to test how well a hotel can evacuate its guests and ensure their safety. On this occasion King Omni have a few things to learn as our escape route was not clear in parts of the exit and once outside no one took a roll call to check all guests were safe. When it was realised it was only a technical error no one came to call us back in, that was done by a fellow guest. Fortunately, this has given the hotel a chance to review its procedures but hopefully it will never have to be put into a real life situation.

A lovely hotel in a good location for exploring all that Toronto has to offer. The rooms are extremely comfortable and there was very little noise from the city outside. We live in the country and are very sensitive to noise but the hotel offered us a great nights rest.

Great room and help at concierge desk, fantastic location, a bit pricey.
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

We had to leave the room at 3:30am for a fire alarm, and I thought the hotel would provide something to make up for the inconvenience.

The concierges were great. Room was spacious (king room) and bed was comfy. Shower excellent. Location was the best re: downtown close to entertainment, financial district, etc.

Always love the King Eddie! Staff is like family now!
    • Premier Room - 1 King Bed

Rooms are beautiful. Very clean. My daughter and I spend our birthdays here as of late. Love Canada! Love the "King Eddie" and its staff. Thanks to all who help make our stay enjoyable. Appreciate the cupcakes for our Birthdays!! Truly appreciated the upgrade to a suite this year!!

It was absolute luxury!
    • Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

It was absolute luxury! Best hotel I have ever stayed at and have stayed at many other high end hotels. Staff, beds, two bathrooms in rooms, two closets, a bed you will love!

A very, very pleasurable experience overall.
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

The server at the Vicotria restaurant didn't seem too friendly towards us, but we noticed he seemed to be more so towards others. My coffee was luke warm at best.

Average, acceptable. Probably not worth retiurning
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Notnangreat value for the price

There was a party in the Room next to mine during my stay. I was unable to sleep due to the noise. The party lasted until 0300. I was ip until my departure from the hotel at 0530

Very comfortable stay in Toronto
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Wifi, although free, was terrible. I had to stand in the bathroom to get any signal. Not always a problem, however this trip I was depending on wifi. There was the option to pay extra for a higher speed.

A massive room in a gorgeous building with very friendly reception staff. The location is excellent for restaurants and some of the sights of Toronto.

It was amazing..
    • Royal Club Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

I wasn’t able to try to have tea break the Victoria Restaurant. It should have been a very memorable experience for someone like me. I think the breakfast should be muslim friendly.

I like the architectural designs, paintings, and the interiors. The pillows are very soft and comfy.

The hotel team made certain that I had the best 21st birthday ever !!
    • Royal Club Deluxe Room - 2 Queen Beds

I just wished that I had known that the Club level was complimentary. It was my 21st birthday and I had never visited a hotel without my parents or a chaperone. I discovered the information on my morning of check out.

The single thing that caused me to select this hotel was the concierge department. They delivered balloons and cupcakes to me on my birthday. They were exceptional yet reasonably priced. I was shocked that my parents were able to arrange for delivery with one phone call. What a pleasant surprise. I also loved the Club level lounge.

impressed, good value, will stay again.
    • Royal Club Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

Bed was comfortable, but sheets could have been higher quality, ie higher thread count. No bath, it seems not much call for baths these days.

Hotel has been refurbished, and now really comfortable. I had a Club Room which was spacious with large bathroom. Free breakfast and fast Wifi. Good value for money. Very helpful staff. Perfect position.

Excellent Staff Service .
    • Royal Club Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

1. Bedding could be upgraded. 2. Disappointing that Royal Club Guests are not permitted to take their breakfast in the Main Dining Room. After 7 days, breakfast selection became rather tedious (virtually the same every day)

Excellent Staff Service .. Alex in the Royal Lounge simply exceptional!

The hotel is recently renovated and quiet, the room was...
    • Premier Room - 1 King Bed

We did not appreciate an email in February mentioning a new municipal tax that we would have to pay. Our room was reserved and booked in December, before this tax came into effect. In the end, we were not asked to pay this tax but I will always check my invoices when at the Omni.

The hotel is recently renovated and quiet, the room was CLEAN and spacious. The central location suited us. It is evident that extra effort and money were spent to provide a pleasant experience. Good by Royal York, hello Omni!

Perfect business hotel with private spaces all over the place and great rooms as well.

The spa was in desperate need of an update

Rooms were very large, modern and comfortable. The staff was always helpful and friendly. I love the feel of an old hotel with all the modern amenities.

Very disappointing and expensive for what I got and how we were treated
    • Deluxe Room - 1 King Bed

No parking on site. Cost of parking. I dress casual no one offered to carry mine or my daughter's bags from entering the hotel or at the counter when checking in

Nice hotel

Great central location, comfortable and spacious room, friendly and helpful staff
    • Deluxe Room - 1 Queen Bed

A few minor things: coffeemaker (with pods) not the best for making tea, asked for a kettle which was brought up promptly. A central light switch (to switch off all the lights in one go) would be convenient. Also, a few more hooks for clothes and towels in the bathroom would be nice.

Spacious room, comfortable bed, big bathroom (esp. for European standards) with a bath and a separate shower cabin and plenty of good quality towels. Staff was nice and helpful. The location is great, very central and close to some of the main sites. Union Station (with quick and convenient train connection to the airport) within walking distance (10 mins) and underground station almost next door. Overall a very pleasant stay.

Browse The Omni King Edward Hotel traveller photo gallery