Reviews of Le Meridien Versailles 4 stars

1808 rue Sherbrooke Ouest, H3H 1E5 Montréal, Canada

#76 of 134 hotels in Montréal

9.8

The AC didn’t stay on long so we were constantly trying to cool the room down. The fan would turn on for 10-15 minutes and wouldn’t turn back on unless we did. Wasn’t too troublesome, but got pretty warm at night.

I was surprising my husband for his birthday (I live in US, he in Montreal) and the hotel was perfect for our weekend together. They even left us a little dessert for us in our room when we checked in. The room and bed were clean and comfortable! Staff very nice and friendly! Buffet was pretty good as well, as long as you don’t wait to the end of serving time :) Definitely was a great memory for us!

• Queen Room

Last year, I got a better room for the same price, probably because I booked directly with them and not through an ota. Other than that, the trip was excellent.

The staff, the quality of the bed

• Queen Room

They made many mistakes on our breakfast order .. their service was slow ... we didnt have a coffee machine in our room even though we were told there will be and when we asked for regular coffee they told us they just had the chef coffe or something like that ... there was no parking as well

It was clean

• Queen Room

A little off the downtown area.

The rooms have a nice modern flare with a comfortable bed. The hotel is situated close to a subway station, which makes it convenient.

I sent an email to the hotel. It took 10mins to order a la carte, I do not care for buffets. The breakfast arrived 40 mins later. I asked for two poached eggs and received one. I ordered white toast. After a couple of reminders the toast came dry and cold.

The staff at reception and the maids, were most welcoming and my room and bathroom were more than adequate. However a coffee pot in the room would have been helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room

I was completely appalled at the attitude of all but a few of the staff I encountered there. My compliments to the people in charge of bringing any type of room service order to the room, nothing to say. But the front of house staff, with one exception, was unbelievably rude and condescending. Not a smile, not a "hello, how may we help you?" I was greeted with a frown and a curt "Yes"? They declined to send someone to sweep the floor when I broke a glass in the bathroom one night. "The cleaning lady will have to get it tomorrow, there's no one here." Furthermore, I was present during a freak rainstorm which was noted for uprooting trees in a nearby neighbourhood. I went to the desk and asked for a taxi. The three women there looked at me silently. I assured them I was a hotel guest, giving them my room number. Finally a taxi was called. The doorman eventually told me "Ma'am your taxi is across the street"... I answered "It's pouring rain, could you please have them turn around?" He rolled his eyes at me and did so. After that, I had to ask him to walk me to the car with an umbrella (as he'd just done for another guest), as he didn't volunteer. Immediately after, I called to ask when the manager would be present for me to speak to them about an incident. I was given the runaround, and forwarded to two voicemails, before someone claiming to be the supervisor answered. I felt this was one of the people who had given me bad service so opted not to speak to her. They had my room number yet no one made any enquiry as to what had gone wrong. I cannot remember in my lifetime ever having encountered such a rude, unpleasant, unprofessional hotel staff.

The rooms I rented was unusually large for a single. I found it very clean and well appointed, with great Malin and Goetz toiletries. Room service menu, though limited, was delicious (from downstairs restaurant Branzino.)

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

I ordered room service quite often. 1 night I ordered a grilled cheese off of the kids menu. It was made with mozzarella cheese and came with fries. It was great. My son wanted it again. I ordered it the same way, the girl who took the order wasn't as friendly - she said it doesn't come with fries. I explained that's how it came the night before. Anyway, it arrived without fries, slightly burnt and with cheddar. Quite disappointing!!!

Some small issues with service , but overall Very good.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Junior suite was size of small room. Pillows were terrible, remote for tv didn't work, house phone didn't work and room service didn't bring cups for coffee.

Dinner at Branzino was awesome!

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

traveled with 4 other groups, all extended family. The breakfast/dining area had a nice big table where we could all congregate. Wait staff was very nice and dealt well and patiently with the frequent comings and goings of various family members during the course of several breakfasts & lunches. They managed to keep track of everyone's orders even when we reorganized ourselves and added another table to accommodate more people.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating! I forget the name of the gentleman from the first night that we were there, I believe it was Max, he went above and beyond for us and we were really happy with that.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Breakfast chaotic and not really good. Croissants not flaky. Waited 35 minutes for a poached egg which never came. Heating system very loud. Message center did not work. TV remote not working properly

Bed comfy.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The Deer Antler light fixtures needed dusting. Cobwebs galore.

WE ate both Breakfast and Dinner at the Hotel facility. We enjoyed both, found Breakfast offered a great variety of choices of Hot and Cold items. Good presentation and helpful Staff. Bar was very good and Drink of the Day a delightful Champagne treat! Dinner was good and offered just enough choices.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Queen Room

Air conditionning goes on and off (as prescribed by your room thermostat settings) but the temperature doesn't stay balanced, the room goes hot as soon as the AC goes off and awfully cold when it comes back on. So you go under and over the sheets pretty often! Beware of the restaurant downstairs, breakfasts are OK but awfully long service (tip is also included on your invoive which makes it what is it!)

Very confortable bed and location is great.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Queen Room

THAT I COULDN'T STAY A COUPLE MORE DAYS..IT'S LIKE A MINI RESORT AND I FOUND IT VERY PEACEFUL TO BE THERE FOR AN AFTERNOON / NIGHT BEFORE MY LONG HAUL FLIGHT

RECEPTION STAFF WERE LOVELY THE MOMENT I ARRIVED. COULDN'T ASK FOR MORE. ARRANGE LATE CHECK-OUT NEXT DAY..ALL STAFF I ENCOUNTERED WERE HELPFUL AND POLITE.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

No major concerns, I would stay there again.

The location and staff were great. The room was modern and very clean. Our only issue was the room temperature which required a visit from maintenance. The issue was resolved when we inquired but it resulted in an uncomfortable first night of our stay.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

The room smelled musty. Breakfast was so so

The bed was really comfy and the location was very very central. Lots of shopping and great restaurants a short walk away.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

This is not a 4-star hotel. The shower was very small and did not have an air extractor. Some tile (side wall, bottom) in the bathroom was missing. The shower head was loose as well.

Overall the hotel is ok with decent location; friendly staff

Can't think of anything

Great accommodation conveniently located for our needs.

• Queen Room

Clean and location is excellent.

Staff co operations

• Queen Room

No coffee or coffee maker at room Noisy room heater needs a check up

Bed sheets and beds were spotless

There is no coffee or tea in the room. Breakfast is not included.

The location is perfect.

I had to pay $30 for valet parking. This was not disclosed at the time of booking

Good location, easy access from highway, large room.

The breakfast limited

The bed

bathrooms small

Checked in very late, Night front desk was great made checking in a breeze.

Expected more for cost

No parking

Sign for hotel arrival since it was hard to know where to park at first

Walkable location to museum, mcgill university, cafes

Friendly staff.good location

Very big room and nice design. Mattress very comfortable

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Queen Room

Comfort of the room and the view

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Best location

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Nothing great service!

Very happy customer!

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• Queen Room

I left a black bag on the table, they just took it as garbage...

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

location and Mr. Roy Shakira professional attitude

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

no coffee machine

spacious modern room nice staff

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

noise from somewhere.

excellent location. cab easily enjoy night life.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

• Queen Room

They stoln money as froud me

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Location, cleaniness

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

Spacious clean and modern interior! Close to metro and other downtown amenities...really enjoyed the stay.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2016

All double bed rooms are near the elevator. When you are in the room, it feels as if you're in the elevator itself, because obviously the elevator is located right behind the wall of the room, which is very annoying because you could hear the elevator every time it passes your floor.

Great Interior design.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2015

simply things, like drapes that are falling off curtain rods - an easy fix, basic 'shabby' feel.

have stayed here over many years, over many owners. great location, king bed, great size rooms.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

The beds were a little small i am not tall like 6 feet but my feet were sticking out after pillows under my head. The washroom had a stale smell i think its the shower curtains needs to be replaced with glass doors

The location is really good. The staff is very nice..they accomodated all the requests early check in and late check out for no added cost. We even changed our room to a higher floor with front view. The main hostess Anne Marie was really sweet and helpful

• Reviewed: 5 July 2015

Location is too far away from Montreal action. Room was far too small for what the rate. Sad facilities or lack of facilities.

The Staff was amazingly helpful and good natured. Free WiFi

• Reviewed: 9 June 2015

I'm not sure as all was to my satisfaction at that time. The only suggestion would be to upgrade the cot's mattress ( yes we were 3 in the room and I ended up with the cot)

the staff was very helpful, always nice and seemed to really enjoy giving services

• Reviewed: 28 March 2015

This hotel is modern and comfortable. The location is good for the main shopping area but also for walking on Mt. Royal, and in our case for being close to the Swiss Consulate. The restaurant is excellent and the service first class.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2015

I had trouble getting on the Internet; and staying on it, once having gotten on ... Bummer...

The hotel was within a few blocks of the people I was visiting. It was clean and comfortable and quiet. I was very happy with my stay.

• Reviewed: 15 May 2016

Elevator didn't work , AC in room didn't work .

The location was great

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

Too cold in the room. Unable to play movie. Coffee stain on bedsheet.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

Renovation

• Reviewed: 10 November 2015

It took over 5 minutes for hot water to come in the shower. Was left standing inside shower, not dressed....annoying!

• Reviewed: 26 September 2015

The room was spacious and tastefully decorated. So comfortable. The bus stop is right outside the door. The staff are very friendly!

• Reviewed: 27 August 2015

Very modern decor and clean rooms. Great location and close to entertainment district.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

very slow wifi

clean modern looking room

• Reviewed: 16 August 2015

More like a 2 star hotel

Not much

• Reviewed: 15 August 2015

room close to elevator very noisy. complained, but of cause hotel was fully booked...

situated close to city centre, nice restaurant in same building

• Reviewed: 6 August 2015

No free parking

• Reviewed: 14 July 2015

Location forurpose of this trip.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2015

The cleaning ladies start knocking at the door at 9.30am. They came back every hour insistingly.

Location, decoration and room facilities are good.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2015

Even was offered a pass to the museum

• Reviewed: 28 April 2015

The TV didn't work. Was too tired to call down to inquire why it didn't work

The room was clean and the bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2015

The spacious room and ambiance

• Reviewed: 20 February 2015

The Hotel is really overpriced compared to the facilities. The Breakfast is not included in the room price.

There are also 24 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.