Reviews of Le Nouvel Hotel 4 stars

1740 Boulevard Rene Levesque West, H3H 1R3 Montréal, Canada

#65 of 134 hotels in Montréal

TV channels not reliable, network seemed to have issues. Gym has a carpet floor Breakfast is poor Bathtub could not be used, only the shower worked

Spacious rooms and good location

The restaurant was dated. Could use a renovation. Could not obtain a wine glass or bottle opener for our room. Had to bring bottle downstairs to be uncorked.

The bed was very comfortable.

The room wasn't insulated enough. Not the best if you get noisy neighbors. Our neighbor were noisy only in the morning, so it wasn't too bad for us.

Very nice staff, super clean room, very cozy and spacious, super comfortable bed and nice decorations in the room.

My short stay :)

My room was big and spacious. The kitchenette in our room was a bonus and came in very handy during our stay. Bed was comfy. I felt at home. I loved the spa. Enjoyed a nice, relaxing massage there. I'd stay there again and would certainly recommend it to family and friends. The front desk clerk, Nora, was very courteous and demonstrated excellent customer service skills.

We stayed in a room with a king-sized bed and a mini-living room in the center. The room was incredibly spacious and the bed was incredibly comfortable - great for a couple of workaholics trying to get some R&R!

Convenience to Metro, near by convenience store...etc

Very good on everything. Only regret that too many renovations around hotel area, feel dark on the rainy days.

The only problem we experienced was around 2 AM Sunday morning we had some people on our floor talking loud in the hallway. Not the hotels fault, but caused us not to have an restful sleep

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. we liked the idea of having a fridge in our room.

We were in Montreal to look at Concordia University. The hotel was within walking distance of all the buildings we needed to visit and a short taxi ride to all of downtown and old Montreal.

The lady at the parking station on Saturday the 24th was an absolutele nightmare to deal with. We were grabbing our bags out of the car to check in, and heard a woman yelling and screaming at someone, only to realize that it was us she was yelling at. She was extremely rude, aggressive and it nearly caused us to switch hotels. We know that she doesn't work for the hotel, but we felt the need to mention this as we can't possibly be the only ones to have been harassed by her.

• Studio King Room

Underground parking lot was a disaster.

Central location. We had a nice two night stay with our two girls. Room had a comfortable bed with pullout sofa for my teen. Kitchenette was great. Wifi was spotty though.

Room service arrived in a styrofoam container, with the wine in a plastic cup. not even a tray. Unlocking the door was a hassle; sometimes it took 4 or 5 trys for the door to open

The neighbors in the room next to us woke us up at 4:30 am, fighting in French...then again at 5:30am, and 6am...until I banged on the way and told them to shut up. Since I had been out rather late, I did not appreciate hearing their arguing...it was like they were in my room with me. VERY THIN WALLS.

We had stayed here before, which is why we stayed again. The staff is always nice and the rooms are always comfortable

The fact the room was on Rene Levesque blvd - VERY noisy. Also the parking was a joke; very tight parking room and people took up two spots because of it. Also $15 to park for the night? Rediculous.

The room was a good size and it was decently priced.

so bad experience,my girlfriend dropped a glass bottle on the washroom,and hurt her foot. i went to RC,asked them give me a firstaid and clean the floor they said ok but didn’t show up till we checked out. We cleaned the floor by ourselves...............

Some school group were there and there seemed to be problems that resulted in a large number of people there at night and lots of security. Not sure what was going on but is was a little scary.

Location was great and staff were hard to keep us happy.

The hallways had a terrible, pungent smell. The bathroom was TINY and full of old fixtures. The pillows were horrible. Only 1 of 3 of us could actually sleep. We just wanted to vacate ASAP!

Nothing at all

- at check-out I was charged again even though I was already pre-approved for the full amount on my credit card at check-in; subsequently a double amount was held on my card. I didn't realize it until I tried to use my card at the airport and it was declined several times. This was an inconvenience and time-consuming as I had to contact my bank a few times to sort it out. - I had to wipe down several areas of the room - sheets had some stains

PROS: - Luis was great in upgrading me in a spacious suite that was suitable for my needs - walking distance to St Catherines St & downtown area - coin-operated laundry facilities at the 2nd tower - 2 elevators and luggage carts available - comfortable bed, fridge, microwave, coffee machine, safe-box were nice bonus - flat-screen TV with cable channels - plenty of hot water and good water pressure - great lighting in bathroom - close to corner stores and bus stops - business centre was helpful when I needed to print a email - they took care of my needs in regards to shipping and receiving a parcel

The linens on the bed was not clean & had to be changed before lying on it that night.

The location & both managers.. On the night & morning shift.

No staff to help with bags (it is self serve), old decor, tub was very, very slow to drain. Maybe I'm spoiled by hotels from Asia but the service and facilities were poor for the amount you pay

Great location and the rooms were warm

The hotel is fine but it looks and feels outdated. It's got everything you need in terms of amenities but there are plenty of more charming places to stay at in Montreal.

Good location and spacious rooms with large beds. There is an Avis car rental office within the hotel which was extremely convenient for us.

Comfy bed and well appointed room. We were upgraded to an executive room at no charge and early check in was made available to us. Excellent location just minutes from St Catherine’s and able to walk anywhere. Parking was also on site which was a bonus and an affordable $15 for one night with in and out privileges. A definite gem that is well worth the inexpensive price for a downtown hotel.

I ordered a pizza via room service and it was not very good.

Room was clean. Very standard hotel room - clean and comfortable, no real issues. Good place to stay for a couple nights.

The room we had faced the busy street and it was noisy during the night. We've stayed at le Nouvel Hotel a number of times..but we always got a condo-appartment in the adjacent tower at the back. Those are great.

The location is great. The price is also very good.

Had no clue there was a restaurant at the property until we were leaving when the desk staff asked what we thought about it. You could not see any restaurant from the lobby. Stayed two nights and have no idea where the restaurant was.

The location and cost in relation to the Bell Center and the Musee des beaux arts. The shuttle bus (747E) from the airport stops very close to the hotel which added to the value of the location.

Receptionist at check-in - one of the worst experience. Keeps picking up the phone and chatting away instead of getting me checked me in. But the worst part was giving me a card key to a room that was already occupied. Not too funny when you opened the door to your hotel room and you see a naked guy walking around in there!

Excellent location - 5 min to restos and shops on St Catherine street, also within walking distance to Bell Center for Habs hockey Quiet Firm bed with plenty of pillows Bathrobe Plenty of fluffy towels

Decor is a bit out of date and the heating system was loud. Next time I will request to be at the back of the building as the second floor at the front was a bit loud.

Wish the in room coffee might have had twice the offers. Two cups for two servings; we were two people!

The dining room was most comfortable and our waitress just great. Breakfast buffet had a wonderful selection for every taste.

I would definitely stay there again. Great location. Convenient to shopping and other areas. Parking was great. They allow you to come in and out for no additional charge. Can't wait to go back!

Good location and underground parking. We were upgraded for free from a king room to a king junior suite ! Front desk happy to help with taxis recommendations etc

The coffee maker didn't work. The bathroom had an awkward layout. They tried to stuff too much into it, like a whirlpool tub. putting the toilet shoved in by the door. The woman who checked us out was cold and unfriendly. So much so, I was afraid to mention the coffee maker. Fist set of keys didn't work. Restaurant breakfast was lousy and pricey.

The room was comfortable, They did give us a free upgrade, which had us in a nicer room, although most of the added amenities were superfluous which is why we had chosen the room we did. The person who checked us in was very friendly.

Hmmmm, not sure there’s something I didn’t like

Definitely unexpected, a surprise which I did not expect to find in the neighborhood that I know quite well. Unpretentious low-key beautiful

The breakfast was absolutely terrible and there no newspapers on sale in the hotel store. Other than that, my stay was great.

The service and the rooms were great for the price. Will stay there again.

The room was large enough for 4 people Bed was very comfortable, excellent linens and towels Room was very clean Excellent restaurant Friendly staff

Dinner in restaurant, not too many choices and service not efficient.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean and of a good size. The bathroom was a bit small but had all the necessary amenities. The restaurant on site was lovely to look at but the service was minimum.

you should inform us how much deposit will you keep for security in advance and when deposit will be returned? because my account was charged more than the sum charges showed on booking.

The room is comfortable for staying. When we need to book the Van for going to the airport in the midnight. The staff supported well.

No breakfast included; no plug conversor available at the hotel; car park expensive.

Nice location; great staff at the reception: we lost a toy in the hotel, the reception staff helped a lot to find it and the sales and marketing coordinator was super helpful giving us all the indications that allowed us to have the toy back (actually we left a message on the lost and found department and we never got a call back!)

Room was not ready upon arrival.

The breakfast buffet, while rather expensive, was very good. The appetizers that a friend and I shared over drinks were fabulous.

The price was quite a bit higher than when I've stayed there before.

The location; I used to live in the neighbourhood which is right downtown within walking distance of everything.

We liked everything in Le Nouvel. Room was good size for 3 of us, clean and well equipped including coffeemaker, fridge and microwave. Beds were super comfy and overall hotel facilities are well maintained. Location is very convenient, 7 minutes nice walk to metro and Concordia and underground parking in not too expensive. Overall we got a very good experience.

Parking could have been better signposted. It appeared to be in the building next door, which we later found belonged to the same complex.

Handy to shops, eateries, not far from points of interest.

We had to pay extra to use the pool even though this was not stated on the booking.com website.

Super friendly staff. Nice location about 10 min walk from the subway. Our room was relatively quiet even when with the windows open.

• Studio with Two Queen Beds

Nothing special, old rooms, checkin staff so so. Typically a good hotel which has lost its glory. Management could easily turn this around in a matter of few weeks, by making small improvements in the room, and re training their staff to be more customer service oriented.

Breakfast staff were lovely. Good Internet.

One of the service personnel at check in was not helpful when we asked questions and was like pulling teeth; however, the second person behind the desk was very helpful and cheerful.

Location was good in that it's in walking distance to the metro, restaurants and shopping.

After spending 4 nights and just under $1000, I requested a late checkout on the day of my departure as I had a meeting that started at 2pm. I was quickly told by reception that I needed to call the front desk on the day of checkout. When I did this, I was abruptly told late checkout was not a possibility on account of the hotel being fully booked that night with “large groups”. When I inquired why I couldn’t have been told this the night before when I had originally asked, they said it wasn’t their policy and they wouldn’t have known. Surely a fully booked hotel with “large groups” would have been known at least the night before if not sooner. In the end, the room was nice but I would have expected friendlier service and to be treated as a valued guest rather than a roadblock from having the room cleaned for the next guest.

Nice sized rooms

• Studio with Two Queen Beds

On arrival we were accosted by a very rude lady demanding we pay her a car park fee even before being allowed to book in and the lady on Reception on the two mornings we were there was quite miserable and could not afford a smile!! However, the girl in charge of the restaurant was brilliant on both nights and could not have done more for us, giving tips on what to eat and see in Montreal. Our room overlooked the main street and although had double glazing, we heard constant street noise during the night.

The staff at the front desk were rude because we spoke English not French and asked for change so we could get drinks from the vending machine. The gift shop was closed all day on sat

• Studio King Room

The kitchenette was not what we were expecting. Small counter style refrigerator that was not work properly. Small wobbly kitchen table. Overall design of the room was poor.

Mattess of low quality , Noisy air conditioning, cleaning very superficial, no breakfast not even a cup of coffee in the lobby, no shuttle bus to airport. Room rate expensive.

The location and the staff

It's located on a main and wasn't sure where to park so I can check in, There is under ground parking ($15 dollars extra) which is reasonable considering its downtown Montreal; but spaces are limited and small. The parking garage itself was hard to maneuver and I think its a shared parking place with the condominiums located beside the hotel. It was hard to navigate are way around and our hotel key card did not open some of the doors we ended up just walking in the parking lot backtracking the way we came in which was not too bad because we didn't have a lot of luggage but it would have been annoying otherwise. The pillows were too soft for me.

My son (11 yrs) and I stayed one night while we were in town attending a Bruno Mars concert. The location is amazing to the Bell Centre literally 9 minute walk and very close to all sorts of restaurants, shopping, coffee shops etc. The hotel was very clean and staff were friendly and helpful. The bed was very comfortable and Wi-Fi was surprisingly fast. There is a fridge, microwave and coffee pot as well in rooms. I didn't use it but there was a spa attached to the hotel and convenience store located in lobby.

Poor WiFi reception in room.

Friendly helpful staff. Very quiet room--no noise from street or regular sounds from other rooms. One night, neighbors were yelling at sports on television. We called front desk and someone came up and dealt with it right away. Comfortable bed--king size--firm yet not hard mattress, soft sheets. We stayed in suite on "condo" side. The hotel made a billing error, but quickly fixed it.

There was one woman at the front desk who probably should not be in the hospitality industry. She made me avoid asking for assistance, but she did not ruin the experience. Wonderful staff otherwise. Access to the Sauna and Jacuzzi should stay open a bit later. Closes at 8pm :-(

The room was a great size ...two queen beds. The spa was small but very clean and relaxing. Close to Mount Royal Park, museums and bars.

• Studio with Two Queen Beds

The room smelt like cigarettes. They have a non-smoking policy but you can tell the room has beens smoked in quite a bit.

Loved the kitchenette and the supplies. Great view and we areived early and they happened to have a room set!

Excellent location (downtown), close to restaurants and supermarkets, for all kind of trips (business, leisure), but quiet and clean; well equipped rooms (very cozy and useful)

The studio suite we stayed in was decorated like a brothel. Bathroom had a metal sink like a horse trough. Someone's idea of chic, but soap and toothpaste did not wash off. Worst of all, sexy shower had six shower heads but high tech controls were loose and broken and produced no hot water. It is unlikely it broke between last guest and us. When we told cleaner she did not seem surprised or concerned. When we told front desk same thing, same thing. Typical of disinterest of staff. Before staying, Google hotel name.

Close to a good neighborhood

The staff are not friendly and there are issues in their management. And as it is holiday season, the price is not worth it at all. I have learned a lesson and will never consider this hotel for any reason.

• Studio King Room

The smoke in the bathroom was horrible . We had a non smoking room on a floor that was all smokers. Front desk could be a bit more enthused. Even though I was able to extended my stay when I was told the property was sold out on Saturday I didn't like the fact I had to pay weekend price I was there in the same room 3 days before and the price jumped almost $100 !

The room was well equipped it had a laundry room in it which I didn't expect. They cleaned everyday Location was good and it was quiet. Bonus was we got a balcony that my daughter loved.

• Studio with Two Queen Beds

Parking was a little pricey. We really didn't use our rental car, but kept it not knowing what our plans were during our stay.

Location was within walking distance to shopping, restaurants, and the metro. Check in and check out were both very efficient.

the furnitures are old.

location is very good.you can walk to the bus stop and subway station.only minutes away to the old port area and downtown.get to the airport easily by bus.

I wish we had the option of a continental breakfast. The hotel does have a restaurant on premises, but the breakfast was nothing special and cost was high for what you got.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was a little ways from Old Town, but it was not a problem. We used the taxi service and it was not expensive. Plus I liked being in a quieter neighborhood with less traffic. The beds and pillows were very comfortable and the sheets were so soft and wonderful. Bathroom was very clean and the shower was great!

• King Corner Room

No beds were made up in the room for our children (even though we booked and told them ages of our kids). They had no pillows for our children's beds.

Staff were really friendly

I asked for a quiet room with a pleasant view. The room was quiet but I had a view of the parking lot. I paid $260 a night not including several room and provincial taxes. This was not a $300 a night room. Maybe it was because I booked on-line with a booking service but the hotel management seems to give these guests inferior rooms. I have stayed here by contacting the hotel directly and booking on line with a booking service and there is definitely a bias towards the guests who book direct.

Location, quick walk to downtown, easy on and off to the highway.

Could work a little more in customer service. Some staff not as helpful than others.

Good location, walking distance from shops, food and transport. Has a spa in location.

Too pricy for basic amenities that they provide . Some of the staff could take a course in hospitality

Location is good , about 5-7 mins walk from St. Catherine, metro , restaurants

I know how the hotel works , I used to work at the front desk before , Marriot hotel and holidays inn , I know the they all way try the best to make the customers happy . But in this case not work they way.

As soon I get to the hotel , I look around me and said it look ok. But when I get to the reception area and stretch my paper, my reservation was cancel because the credit cards was denied. I did not see any email about it before leaving my home. So they talk to the manager and she said the hotel it's book out, we don't have any rooms available. I look at her and tell her the I didn't receive any cancellation email. She look the computer and look at me , so I can just give you a room for tonight at the same price I said ok . So we stay in a condo room for the same price also they tell us they will give us a call in case any cancellation for the next day . Saturday in the morning we pack everything and check out at 6:55 am because we have a trip to go . At that time we ask again and they can't offered anything else. But this guy was more helpful he's a Latin guy , he offered to help us to find a room on a hotel around . At the time we was very disappointed the we agreed to travel back home after the trip . So we have to cut our short vacation. As soon I get to the hotel , I look around me and said it look ok. But when I get to the reception area and stretch my paper, my reservation was cancel because the credit cards was denied. I did not see any email about it before leaving my home. So they talk to the manager and she said the hotel it's book out, we don't have any rooms available. I look at her and tell her the I didn't receive any cancellation email. She look the computer and look at me , so I can just give you a room for tonight at the same price I said ok . So we stay in a condo room for the same price also they tell us they will give us a call in case any cancellation for the next day . Saturday in the morning we pack everything and check out at 6:55 am because we have a trip to go . At that time we ask again and they can't offered anything else.

• Studio King Room

You have to do a bit of a walk to get to place is But it's not bad. A lot of things accessible from the metro and the mall is only 20 min walk away.

Comfy not too over priced. Offer a room with a laundry machine and kitchenette great for a long stay with kids.

At 2:45pm the room was not cleaned yet. What another mess! A pillar in the middle of the room, taking most of the space from the room. Very bad.

The employee at the reception, Nohora, needs more training when it comes to customer service. No smile,no reaction to guesses in front of her. I was in front of her in order to check in, she did not even care. She kept doing other things. I was double charged, I paid with my debit card, then Nohora the receptionist told me that the amount for the night was taken from my credit card too. What a mess! The hotel location was OK.

A little convoluted to get to the main reception. Location was good but slightly off the beaten track.

Room was great. Large, clean, well equipped. Underground parking was easy and well priced.

I really can't think of anything negative about the facilities, other than the only ice machine seemed to be down near the lobby and we were on the 9th floor of the adjoining building.

Upon arrival we found that they had upgraded us to a room with a kitchenette. This was wonderful because we like to save money by not eating out all the time. The beds were quite comfortable and the room was spacious and quiet.

Windows cannot be opened! I slept one night like this and in the morning had a very bad allergic reaction to dust, but after the next day they opened windows, after I asked, it was ok. Bathroom's basin was not very clean. Furniture was very old and not nice.

Lift was very slow and 1 was broken.

Rooms were very spacious and clean. Staff were good. Location is great for walking to shops and restaurants. Parking is convenient and a decent price for downtown.

The room smelled like smoke as we checked in. The room wasn't throughly cleaned prior as we checked in.

Proximity to the event and pricing from booking.com

• King Corner Room

Toilet was extremely close to wall and door. Toilet paper holder was digging into my side when I sat on toilet Clearance in parking was really low and tight

Staff was friendly and helpful. Clean and well kept.

The in-hotel restaurant is a little expensive, but is a modern and convenient place to have a snack or meal.

Staff was very helpful. A bag of welcome snacks is in the room upon arrival. Very clean and comfortable. A nice little gift shop in the lobby.

Cleaning wasn't so good, the bathroom was very ordinary for a Hotel. Ok in total, but for the price you get a good location and a motel room. Parking 14$ not included

• King Corner Room

The staff were extremely unfriendly to myself and other members of my family. I first walked in to find out if I could check in early. No hello/how are you? Just this, your room is not ready. The man who's over 50, at the front desk, lacked enthusiasm. At CAD$500 for 2 nights, I won't be using hotel. I thought to give it a shot but next time, I'll be using AIRBNB. Crap service at this hotel. Check in took too long.

Decent location.