Reviews of Hotel le Roberval 3 stars

505 Rene-Levesque Est, H2L 5B6 Montréal, Canada

#62 of 134 hotels in Montréal

• Queen Studio

I wish there was a full length mirror. The small mirror in the bathroom was hung too hung for this shorter person.

Having a small apartment for the weekend was really convenient. The kitchenette meant we could keep some snacks and beverages available. The bed was very comfortable. The place was very clean. Location near a metro hub was super convenient.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Breakfast could have been better, although the girl taking care of it was very good.

Location was next to metro hub where you can take 3 different lines. The staff at he counter were friendly and helped us a great deal with planning. The breakfast was very simple (not too many choices) but all we needed. The room (615) had excellent view on 2 sides. The room seemed to have been recently redone and was perfect. It include a big fridge, stove/oven, utensils and microwave. The sitting room had a fold bed couch where our grandson slept. It was an excellent stay at a low cost.

• Queen Studio

There was painting taking place during our stay and although we were several floors above the paint fumes were very very strong in our room for the night.

Location , value

• Queen Studio

Vagrant sleeping in the doorway

Efficiency clean with everything there--no missing bits and pieces. Reasonable breakfast. Able to store luggage for day while on tour.

No complaints

A basic, clean and well located Boutique Hotel. As long as you don't want to "live" in your hotel and don't require all the perks like a pool and fitness facilities, this place is perfect. Price is right too! We stay at this hotel every time we visit Montreal, usually 2-3 times per year.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

To be fair, it is an alright place for a budget traveler. But if you are in Montreal to have a memorable time, it's advisable to spend 50 dollars extra and stay in a nicer place. The overall quality and impression of the place is of a somewhat clean and tidy roadside motel. If the price was a bit lower it would have made more sense. Frankly, the place is a bit depressing, specifically in the context of a beautiful city like Montreal.

The toiletries were alright.

• Queen Studio

Some staff members were not helpful. Breakfast was monotonous. The security deposit is very weird to me as it was still taken after a full payment while booking and its release is few days after the stay. All the risk is transferred to the client. While it is a business, I felt like all is money focused, there is not a basic trust.

The room was great and the location is perfect.

• Queen Room

Only a small vanity mirror in the bathroom - would have liked something larger somewhere.

Bed was really comfortable. Staff were polite and helpful in both French and English. Great value.

• Queen Studio

Even though I was on the 6th floor I could still hear traffic noise a bit, so it would be very loud if you were staying on a lower floor. Also, I didn't like the pillows, I like a flat pillow and these were too big.

The bed was comfortable, the kitchen fully equipped and great location near the metro station, bus station and supermarket.

One guy at the front desk was very rude when we went to ask about a good bar to go to. He said he didn’t know of any and he didn’t want to look any up. The rest of the staff we talked to were very nice though.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Murphy bed

I have a hold on my visa for $579.54 - the price of the rooms for 3 days, NP I paid $60.00 cash for parking, NP I gave the hotel clerk $100.00 cash for a security deposit NP, this was returned to me on the 31st when I checked out. What really ticks me off is the $79.54 hold on my visa which was put on the day I checked in - for what? and which has not been removed. I mentioned this to the hotel clerk, but they denied its existence. Unhappy!

Excellent location

• Queen Studio

I did not like the fact that I had to call for housekeeping each day that we were there and when the did clean it was a half ass job. The do not clean the rooms unless you ask and it takes them forever in a day to come clean your room.

I like that the hotel was just a block from the metro subway station and the 747 busvto get you to the airport was located directly across the street from the metro station.

• Queen Studio

There was a noise coming from the heater all the time, it sounds like a bicycle ratchet. Me and my wife had problems to sleep.

The room was big enough for a couple, breakfast was good too.

• Queen Room

Dreary environment, tiny bathroom, squeaky shower, unpleasant parking situation...I was charged for 2 days of parking at checkout since I was only at the hotel 2 days and than the following day another $20.00 was added to my credit card. The housekeeping staff never bothered to refill our soap and shampoo dispensers. We had to go to the front desk to get some. This hotel is only interested in making a profit. The staff never smiled once at us. Overall, the only positive thing about this hotel is the location.

Bed was comfortable and the location of the property was good.

Pillows are a bit too thin for my taste, and the continental buffet would have benefited from some actual fruit and not just fruit salad.

Bed was very comfortable, staff was courteous and helpful, kitchenette is very convenient, and location is amazing.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

"Suite was quite cut up with the narrow kitchen are between the living and dining area. Didn't eat here but not convenient to make coffe in the morning and have others try to get ready for the day squeezing through the small area in the kitchen to get to the bathroom

Easy walk to old town and downtown. Very convenient to restaurants and convenience store . The hotel is quite old and dated ... rooms could us an update.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Murphy bed

I have no negative comment.

very good location. Great staff, reception and breakfast staff. Good products for breakfast. Lovely flat. Closer to metro and 15 minutes walk from old port. Amenities and good restaurants easily reached.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Small but adequate bathroom.

Cosy & comfortable with full kitchen and reasonably spacious living area. We shared a two bedroom apartment with friends and found this to be good value.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Murphy bed

Parking is 20 CAD per night in the nearst comnercial parking lot. Water pressure for showet needs to be improved even considering it is an old building.

Closet bed was awesome, very big and comfortable. Staff at the counter was kind.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

It would be helpful to have some protein at breakfast. Having a granola cereal option could be mixed with the yogurt. Hard-boiled eggs are easy and serve as a nutritious start to a day of sightseeing.

Studio with kitchenette was very convenient! Sofa bed was very comfortable, so my sister and I had separate sleeping quarters. We used the kitchen/refrig for light suppers from the market, so saved money on meals.

• Queen Studio

building is old and dated, room was dingy and dark and breakfast consisted of a limited variety of breads, cereals and tinned fruit..

Good location, close to metor and restaurants - overall clean building

• Queen Studio

My boyfriend and I stayed here to go to the osheaga music festival. Hotel was clean, staff was great. The parking was safe and in a garage but be careful because the entry and exit are the same. It was a very tight squeeze but just around the corner from the hotel. Location was excellent, a five min walk to st Catherine's street. To get to osheaga we walked to the metro (on saint Catherine's street) and it was one stop to the festival. Overall a great experience and would gladly stay here again next year for osheaga too!!

• Queen Studio

My room was a freezer when I checked in, although I was able to adjust the temperature. I'm not 100 percent convinced about the disabled ramp (I don't use a wheelchair, but a family member does (not with me on this trip)); the floor at the side entrance door wasn't completely flat, and the ramp itself seemed steep and narrow. Perhaps there is no other engineering solution given the available space, but as a U.S. citizen accustomed to accessibility for my family I notice such details. I should add that the self-opening door would be helpful for a wheelchair user.

Good budget location for families. You can easily spend twice as much on hotels in Montreal. I liked the internal door that opens automatically, and it seemed to me that the drinks dispenser accepted my U.S. coins, which was helpful--I was very thirsty after a bus trip and had only big Canadian bills. Breakfast included is always nice. Proximity to Greyhound station and Berri-Uqam metro is a plus. I enjoyed walking through St. Catherine's at night; the area seemed safe and there are several restaurants.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Breakfast is too poor. One air conditioner for a room with 2 space is too little. Sofa is too small, even the kids complained. Wifi and TV works quite bad.

Location is good , close to the tourist place. Room with a good space a very handy kitchen.

• Queen Studio

breakfast had not such a big choice, anyway it was ok. Some parts of the building need renovation but everything was clean. The air conditioner was quite noisy

The hotel was very close to metro station (200m) and lots of bars and restaurants. Moreover it's at a walking distance from the city center. The staff was nice and spoke perfectly english besides french. We had an apartment and it was big

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Continental breakfast is VERY limited. Nothing offered is nutritional-- we elected to have breakfast elsewhere.

Staff very friendly and accommodating. Allowed us to keep our bikes inside their storage room and also allowed a late check-out (12:30 rather than 12noon) for no additional charge. Within walking distance of all jazz venues as we were there for the International Jazz Festival. We have stayed there multiple times in the past and have always had a good experience.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

The mots negative points are (a) cleanness (the room maids don't clean often the floor and they don't change your lining if you forget to ask them (b) the breakfast is a continental one with almots nothing to eat (not even a few boiled eggs). We had to buy groceries and cook for ourselves the breakfast during our 8-day stay (c) the maids are not very friendly when asked some services, and they don't supply amenities in the room (cups, toilet paper...) if you don't ask them (d) even if we have stayed for 8 days, when asked to delay our check-out time for a few hours (our flight was at 21:00) the staff neatly charge us $50 pretexting that the room was already booked by another client, etc.

The hotel looks like two adjacent blocks of old apartments transformed into accommodations. The most positive points of this hotel are (a) located right next door to the main subway (metro) station Berry-UQAM (b) very near the central area of the city requiring around 10 minutes of walk (c) some of the rooms (like ours) is typically a single room apartment with kitchenette, sofa bed, etc. so it's very convenient for a family during a stay of a few days (there is a grocery store next door called IGA with plenty of good foods). (d) the price is relatively OK for the hotel in this city centre area.

• Queen Studio

Wi-fi was erratic. But it got sorted.

Spotlessly clean. Comfortable bed. Good air conditioning/Easy to regulate. Good shower. Fluffy towels. Terrific location. Quiet room on the 5th floor. Good service. Decent continental breakfast. Cheery room.

• Queen Studio

The bed was horrendous. The room had a bad smell. The window looked out on a corrugated metal wall. There were no sprinklers. We had to drag the suitcases up a set of stairs. No one was available to help. Breakfast was disgusting. There was a lot of noise in the hallways. It was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in!

• Queen Room

Breakfast is good but could be slightly better

Location is great and in the middle of everywhere. Near the station. Near chinatown. Near the old port and near St. Catherine road so you are fully served. Staff is awesome!!!! This hotel would surely see me again!!!

Great location to METRO - traveled to Montreal for the Grand Prix Formula one race, hotel was in a perfect location and literally one block to the Metro. I would definitely recommend this place and would book this hotel again.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

The sofa bed (not the bedding) smelled. We wondered if someone had thrown up on it and tried to clean it up themselves, without telling the cleaning staff. I slept backwards on it as a result. We wish we could have turned on the light and the fan separately (two switches), in the bathroom.

The clean parquet flooring! The clean, crisp bedding. Newly painted walls.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

nothing. all good (the bathroom was a little small but that's not important to me.

The two-bedroom apt i booked was spacious and clean. The hotel staff were especially friendly and helpful.

• Queen Studio

No kettle in kitchenette, parking was secure but in the next Street. Awful smell in the corridor to our room.

Within a 20 min walk of down town. Great breakfast.

• Queen Room

Great location near the Berri UQAM metro stop. We were able to get our room early. The staff are very friendly. Room was very clean. Continental breakfast is good; might suggest adding fresh fruit (bananas, apples) instead of fruit salad.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Room configuration, all three adults hit our legs/ shins on wooden bed frame which stuck out into a narrow walk through leading to bathroom and front door. Had a problem with the bathroom. Tiled floor became extremely wet/ slippery after use of shower/bath thought it was a leak. Maintenance checked it but was water and condensation which ran down the wall tiles so had to keep towels over the floor the whole time to avoid slipping.

Room adequate for our needs. Staff all very pleasant and helpful. Hotel in an excellent position very close about 300yards from Metro plenty of buses. Travel pass to use on Metro and buses good value. GoodVery close to Old Town and Port. Also main street Rue St Catherine's with many restaurants shops, clubs and lovely park with live music. Good Continental breakfast with nice long time available from 7am - 11am

Staff was a hit or miss - some can be rude and others can be really nice and helpful. We inquired about taking a day trip to Ottawa and the front desk lady literally wrote "bus station, greyhound" on a sticky note and handed it to me. Room service doesn't actually clean your room or restock properly - we actually had to ask for extra towels, soap, etc. All they really do is make your bed and organize the room a bit. One day this week was 35 degrees Celcius in the city and the room AC isn't very efficient or powerful so I was awake most of the night trying to stay cool. Showers are super low flow. I personally like a shower with some pressure in it but oh well.

Breakfast was decent - saved me a bit of money not having to go out and buy food, though it is a continental breakfast so just be aware of that. Room was big and spacious. Beds were comfy and had lots of pillows and blankets. The location was fabulous - you're blocks away from St Laurent street, 1 block away from St Catherine's street and practically right in front of Old Montreal. The problem with this is that if there are any parades or major street festivals taking place, the roads will be closed. Les Giants was happening right in front of the hotel and we had to get to the airport to catch our flight home. No taxis or Ubers were able to get through at all. We managed to walk to the bus station on Rue Berri and caught a cab, we barely made our flight. Others were left stranded.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Room air conditioner didn't work,toilet backed up 2x, no shampoo or conditioner,no mirror in bedrooms,no paper towels in kitchen, no coffee table, beyond small bathroom.

Excellent location close to pad town, Latin quarter, gay quarter

• Queen Room

The hotel/elevator smells bad, kinda like cigarette. While the location is great for metro access, it's not the best neighbourhood. I used to live two corners away from there (for 8 years), and nothing bad ever happened, but on your way back to the hotel at night, you may get yelled at by random, drunk men.

Friendly and helpful staff, large rooms with kitchenette, good location close to main metro station Berri-UQAM.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

• Queen Studio

First of all, smell of smoke throughout the building. We were told that the hotel imposes penalties on smokers. But perhasps not enpugh, because the smoke smell was in all common areas. I had a raspiratory problems so it was painful. Another - repeated problem with this hotel - is a lack of proper disclosure. First of all, the pictures were not the same as the actual unit. The picture depicted sofa but it wasnt there in reality. When we requrested the unit as per booking which was with a sofa (we came after 16 h flight so we have chosen tbe init where we could rest) we were asked to pay $10 more. After some discussion the manager gave us this room at no charge. We decided to stay longer and extended for an extra day. To our suprise at the check out we were handles the bill with extra $30+ for the second day. The upcharge of course had never been disclosed the lady at the desk shamelessly tried to lie that she "told us". If she indeed told us we would never stay there, a huge deal of Montreal accommodation was vacant so we could easy get a better and more affordable deal. She also stated she doesnt care about the reviews. She may be doesnt but I think the owners should care about losing busines due to an employee with such poor customer skills. Well she squeezed $30 out of us but lost potential hundreds/thousands from repeated business or refferals. That is shame. Small thinking. Even my child knows the formula "80% of profit comes from 20% of returning customers/refferals"

The apartment is simple but cozy and homely. Everything we needed was there. The neighbourhood is attractive, we were smitten by everybody kindness and friendliness - local merchants and small business ownersWhat was in a big contrast with some hotel / managers attitude.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Queen Room

The front desk staff were amazing. Jessica was so helpful as we had a misunderstanding on the parking. The manager was so accommodating and I appreciate all they did for us.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

No coffee mugs in the room. You could have asked for them, but some should have been there to begin with.

The room was fairly clean. The towels were sparkling white and thick.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite with Murphy bed

the parking and the cleanliness and layout of the lobby

we booked the hotel just an hour before arriving to mont real, the location is really good, the parking however is the only thing about the hotel i didnt like, its too steep and too narrow. the breakfast was good, the staff are nice, the lobby could be cleaner and more organized, the room had full kitchen facilities a good experience overal

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

As we booked it said that there was free parking and a cost for guest parking, once we got there, the parking lot was full. The site and confirmation made it seem like there would be one parking spot per room, instead we had to pay. This was quite upsetting for us as we had to park far and had to pay extra for parking.

Close to the metro, kitchen was bigger than we thought, service was good!

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Queen Studio

The bathtube is little bit dirty. I saw the hair. The facility in here is bit old. I feel little chilly.

location is pretty good. Staff is so nice. compare to price, room is big and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Minor complaint: Furniture and facilities a bit dated. A small price to pay for getting everything else right!

Awesome location. Helpful Staff. Very comfortable layout of rooms. Everything immaculate and clean. Great bang for your buck.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

• Queen Room

bedspread was out of date ; extra pillows would have been good. Parking not the best; keycards kept de-activating. No safe

Staff helpful and friendly. kitchenette was a pleasant surprise. Breakfast was tasty. Bathrooms renovated - Very clean :)

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Queen Studio

Breakfast wasnt that good and no complimentary water in the room like most hotels

The room was very nice and clean. Location was perfect to go anywhere, close to the metro!

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

• Queen Studio

1. One of the nights the fire alarm right outside our room went off at like 2:00 in the morning and we had to wait till the fire department came to turn it off, there wasn't a fire but I guess the alarm just tripped. When looking at the pasts reviews I noticed 1 or 2 other people experienced this. 2. I didn't really mind but my boyfriend didn't like that there wasn't any eggs or meat offered in the breakfast.

For the amount you pay per night you really do get a lot for your money. You're in a good location and have more amenities than other places for the price. 1. Location: close to the airport shuttle, trains and other public buses. Walking distance to bars/restaurants and Old Montreal. 2. Room: The room was big, extra big closets and complete kitchenette with dinnerware, utensils, pots, pans and complimentary coffee. Balcony! 3. Breakfast: Good coffee, yogurt, pastries, cereal, 3 types of juices, bagels/toast (butter, varies jams, cream cheese)

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Queen Room

Worst coffee I have ever had but saved by the rest of the stay. Also doors while secure were not soundproof. Could hear everytime a guest opened and closed doors and was very loud.

Close to oldtown, Berri Uquam, walkable distances. Facilities supplied fridge, small kitchenette with microwave a mini studio. Breakfast provided was satisfactory excepting the coffee.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

• Queen Studio

Internet is basically non existent so go to a place where you can get free wifi. Kitchenware is very old and outdated. Heating wasn't working. Limited tv channels. Bit far from some of the attractions.

It's a room that's got the necessities in.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Queen Studio

Perfect location, right by a subway station where 3 major lines cross, easy to get anywhere in the city. Airport bus also departs right next to the subway station. The hotel was clean and well kept, friendly staff, nice breakfast selection.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Queen Room

Extra cost off-site parking - underground at an adjacent affiliated hotel - but expect this is normal for downtown Montreal. In-room furnishings and amenities relatively sparse but room clean.

Good complementary breakfast. Helpful staff. Windows can be opened - but traffic noise problematic.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Breakfast was too simple.

Location is good,nearly a ten-minute walk to the old city,also close to the china town&downtown.nice and helpful stuff.comfortable and clean room with almost complete facilities.will recommend to friends definitely.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

A pool or hot tub would have been nice, but thats a small complaint

The location was perfect, easy to get around.close to the subway and walkable to old Montreal,

• Queen Studio

Very old building.The room clean but smells mold.May be a little boring.The parking not on site,but near.

Very good location.The breakfast vary basic but good.Excellent staff,polite and helpful.the big bonus is the very organized kitchen.There were everything to cook.Very near there are many excellent food markets for fresh or cooked food.Good matress and pillows

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Neighborhood has pluses -- close to UQAM -- but as is often in big cities, many beggars and vagrants.

Total experience inside the hotel was very good. Clean, convenient to transportation. Nice staff. Ample continental breakfast. Fairly comfortable no-nonsense suite with separate bedroom, living room and kitchen. Few amenities, but close to shopping too. Good value.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

I had intended to use a cook top to make a few dinners in the unit but there was no stove or cook top.

The unit supplied everything you would need. The kitchenette was a plus containing a coffee maker, fridge and microwave. It was clean and comfortable and had everything we would need.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The area is a bit rough but nothing too bad

The space in the suites Large living room and 2 large bedrooms Very well furbished to make your own meals Breakfast is nice too

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite with Murphy bed

This hotel is not for someone with physical challenges we had to be our own bell hops and although they had the equipment and ramps it was hard to get luggage upstairs to our room. There is no elevator to access under ground parking with 3 flights to climb up and down to access your car Complimentary breakfast was not breakfast but more of a snack with pastries, cereal, bagels with your choice of spread, this hotel would benefit from more choices but you get what you pay for, come prepared to make breakfast after eating breakfast or bring oatmeal or eggs to fill it out.

Staff was warm friendly and well informed.They were able to interact in both languages easily. She directed us to popular attraction and allowed us to maximize our great location. Room was well maintained

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Given room 412 on check in. Staff did not inform me that there will be traffic noise through the night, making my first night very uncomfortable with no sleep. Traffic noise was bad. Request to move to another room next morning. Given room 204 which was better.

The maids clean the room well.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

• Queen Room

Internet signal was not strong and didn't Wark all the time Parking 2 blocks away ($12 a day)

Location- 15min to old Montreal Kitchenette- refrigirator, microwave, coffee maker, sink, plates and silverware Breakfast- very very simple

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

The air conditioning is a lot like a ventilator. It is very very noisy. If you're staying on a relatively low floor like us, you'll here the street noice strongly and won't be able to sleep after 7:30.

Excellent location : close to subway and a few steps to airport bus 747. Very helpful staff Nice breakfast, fast wifi. The rooms with kitchenettes are actually two room appartments

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Queen Studio

The breakfast was a little skimpy. Wish there was more to choose from.

Perfect location for Osheaga, though not an official festival lodging location. Our room had this awesome balcony which was a pleasant surprise. Great value.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

No major problems. Wifi was good the first few days and then speeds dropped off (maybe the end of the month or full house?)

Spacious rooms; good continental breakfast included; handy position near a Metro station.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Apart from the scary parking everything here is pretty good, the hotel is a bit of a maze but that adds to the charm.

Although you have to wander in all sorts of different directions within this hotel it was very pleasant. The breakfast was simple but good and the rooms very clean, comfortable and well presented and the wifi was good. We took the two bedroom plus kitchen room and it suited our needs admirably and would suit 4 to 5 people easily making it pretty good value for money. The hotel is situated pretty close to everything and if you have a car even better. That said the parking facilities are off site just across the road so no big deal, but beware the garage is not built for big cars and getting in and out is scary as the entry route is also the exit route and it is very narrow and tight. Take a trip to Mount Royal at night well worth the visit.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Queen Studio

Where do I even begin .... Paying $20 for parking that was at a different hotel and not even the one we were staying at. Paying $168 and change with parking for us to walk in to our hotel and being completely dissatisfied!!! The size was extremely small our son couldn't even play in the small area. We drove 7hours to be able to enjoy ourselves. We checked in for 5pm and by 630pm we spoke to the people at the front counter in hopes to make our stay a little bit better seeing as we weren't even staying for 24 hours. They weren't able to cancel and just reimburse our money back so we could find somewhere else to stay because it was after 4pm the supervisor had said to us. We asked if all the rooms were the same so they showed us another one and that looked like the room we saw in the photo that we were trying to book for. But they wouldn't even cover the fee for us to change rooms they just gave us every reason in the books on how we were wrong as customers ( I have never gone out of my was to complain about a hotel ) Needless to say we ended up spending the money to upgrade our hotel room which was significantly better but did take us till 9pm to fix everything which was completely disgusting and extremely frustrating after driving for 7hours. Then going into our new room there was a dirty towel that was in where the clean towels were, along with hair being all of our pillows.... We didn't end up complaining about the second room because we had done that in the first place and it was complete waste of our time. Needless to say I would never recommend this place to anyone.

We didn't like anything about it. We will never be going back.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Queen Studio

Very basic, no carpets on the floors. A little pricey for that type of lodging.

Great location, close to wonderful neighborhoods, close to the Metro. Bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

The air-conditioner was so noisy that I could not help staying awaken all night long. More over, we happened to leave 3 jackets of family in the closet of room, which was completely my error, and I asked them to check it. However their response of my request were always delayed, yet we could not get returned them. it made us feel more uncomfortable with thus hotel.

The location of hotel was not bed, so we can access any places where we had planned. Also, it has a small kitchen, which helped us to prepare a brief meal.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Queen Room

- the parking fee is not mentioned in the description of the hotel on the site; it only appears on the reservation confirmation. - daily fee is CAN$20/day, but it is indoor and secure parking--although a little tight. - not enough coffee in the room. no tea.

- decent hotel for cleanliness and location to the old Montreal. - the street noise is not too bad thanks to the double-pane windows. - a decent amount of storage in the room. - the kitchenette with a microwave oven and a small fridge (no stove or hot plate).

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

AC is quite noisy.

You can't beat the location of this hotel. It is also extremely clean and the staff is great. It is a 2 star hotel so no sports and news channels on tv, basic (but good) breakfast and no fancy facilities. If these matter to you, look somewhere else. But if you are looking for just a comfortable, clean room, this is a perfect place.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

The breakfast is really basic and the room smelled weird (as if there was a water seepage somewhere)

Location was great and the room was more like a flat

Bed bugs

Location and price

Excellent location, one city block from major subway station. Very clean, comfortable, very friendly staff.

• Queen Studio

Hotel is on the corner of two busy roads so there is some late noise and early morning traffic noise

Browse Hotel le Roberval traveller photo gallery