Reviews of Le St-Martin Hotel & Suites 4 stars

#1 of 16 hotels in Laval

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

The pillows were so comfy
    • Classic King Room

I could hear other people outside hallway plus next room of mine, I think the hotel is not soundproof, it should be considering the price of room , also I found a hair on the bed and that just ruined it for me, so, would I come back, I don’t think so

The pillows were so comfy

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Beautiful amazing hotel and decoration.

Was good

Beautiful amazing hotel and decoration. Look like a little chateau. Very Good breakfast . Clean rooms. A warm little jacuzzi pool outside. Good service. Restaurant and shopping area near the hotel. Good location.

We have been a repeat customer for numerous stays.
    • Classic King Room

There seemed to be issued with the electrical outlets in the room. We had difficulty charging our electronic devices. My Mac would not charge at all. I tried every outlet in the room. I thought maybe my charger was defective but it worked fine before we had the room and worked great when I got home... hmmm. Also, my wife was attending a special event that lasted well into evening. I did get a late check out (1:00PM) but was told that if I wanted to stay any later I would need to pay for a full extra night stay. I find this very frustrating. I mentioned that I was OK to pay even half a night stay to stay until 8:00OM but it seems this doesn't fit their cleaning service schedule. Shame really!

We have been a repeat customer for numerous stays. We like the proximity of the hotel to Montreal's busy downtown area. It affords a little more peace and quiet after a busy day in Montreal.

Ok kids were really disappointed about the pool
    • Classic Two Queen Room

Nice hotel but no indoor pool as advertised (spa only?) and outdoor pool was as big as a bath tub - maybe a little bigger but hardly able to swim in. Only eggs and dry food served at breakfast it was ok if that’s what you like

Beautiful decore

Not a bad hotel, but we wouldn’t be returning
    • Classic King Room

For the four star hotel, the breakfast was the worst we’ve ever had out of all the hotels we’ve been to! All was offered was a few different bread choices, butter, jam, low quality cereals, cheapest yogurts that are full of sugar, and green bananas together with a few rotten apples. I feel for the price we paid, they could’ve offered some cheese or meat choices and a selection of seasonal fruits! In terms of location, it’s a 20 min walk to the metro, and 20-25 min ride to the old town. So all together it takes about an hour to get to the center of Montreal using public transportation

Nice hotel, relatively conveniently located for exploring Montreal. Comfortable bed and clean facilities

Beautiful hotel, professional staff, lovely breakfast. Would highly recommend.

Nothing really, It was very good.

When we arrived, a little frazzled after driving through Montreal rush hour, we were told our reservations had been canceled. I had modified my reservation and of course did not expect it to be totally canceled. I was told it was an issue with Bookit.com. No rooms were available. The staff did find us a room at a nearby hotel and if we wanted to come back for the next 3 days they could accommodate us. We came back the next day and they had upgraded us to a one bedroom suite with a full kitchen. The room was lovely and quiet.

Business trip made better by staying at lovely hotel
    • Classic King Room

I was really upset that the indoor hot tub was torn out. I loved it, It was my reward for having to drive in Montreal. I needed the relaxation it brought me but I settled for the rooms whirlpool which was nice. The shower needs to be upgraded and better water pressure

The room is beautiful and bed is comfortable. The staff is always professional and very accommodating.

Good place to stay in Laval
    • Classic Two Queen Room

No kettle available, asked, and tea from coffee machine awful. Coffee machine water not hot enough. Tea not great here.

Great place in a quirky building. Rooms good. Staff great. Breakfast was basic but good.

Visually appealing, comfortable. good service and centrally located in Laval, Would recommend.
    • Classic Two Queen Room

While it is centrally located for shopping and family-friendly activities in Laval, the area immediately surrounding the hotel is quite industrial/commercial; not an issue if you are overnighting, but wouldn't be my first choice for a family-type vacation. A bit more expensive than comparable quality hotels and cancellation policy more stringent than larger chain hotels.

Clean and spacious room. Comfortable bed. Attractive decor in common areas. Quiet. Continental breakfast included hot eggs, fresh whole fruit, loaves (like banana bread, etc.), fresh croissants, yogurt, etc.

Fantastic room, bathroom/shower, location, and vibe!
    • Classic King Room

Everything was great but would be really great if the curtains could 100% keep out light (for those that love to sleep in pitch dark). However I've only once seen a pitch black room so not a disappointment

Hotel had a fancy vibe but without a charge up in price. Easy to get to and great space in the rooms

Simply bliss.
    • Classic King Room

When we stepped into our room, it was awfully hot and we struggled to bring it to a lower temperature

The staff was very friendly, and helped us answer all of our questions when needed. We aren’t from around the area so it was nice to have staff that spoke English as well. The facility was very clean, and we would consider going again!

Good placement in the city, very warming and welcoming.
    • Classic Two Queen Room

Staff gave me a bad first impression, by the way they operate at the front desk. Upon arrival, I had to constantly remind the desk employee that my stay was already booked but he kept proceeding as to charge me a second time for a room, stating that he did not have proof of purchase, even after showing him my proof of payment through booking. He then offered to give me a rebate for the inconvenient, but then realized that he could not govt it to me since I had booked with an intermediate. I asked if instead of the rebate he could perhaps forget about the rebate and just upgrade to a superior room, but he stated that he did not have that authority.

Exceeded expectations with everything Hotel St Martin offered.
    • Classic King Room

Nothing we didn’t like because it’s the most perfect hotel we got during this particular trip.

This was where my wife and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary all the way from Philippines. We chose this Hotel St. Martin because it became our home base to visit Mont Tremblant (1 hour away) and Montreal (20 minutes away). 1. Very warm accommodating courteous staff particularly Mr. Garen gave us directions and tips to interesting tourist attractions (with lots of historical context) and eating places. Mr. Garen also upgraded our 3-day stay to a junior suite. It’s a hotel with luxurious interiors and amenities at budget prices. 2. Their complimentary continental breakfast was generous with eggs, different variety of freshly baked breads croissants, crunchy waffles and pastries, yoghurt, cereals, coffe, tea, hot choco, juices and mixture of fresh fruits in season. Very courteous dining room attendants. 3. The room was super clean, spacious and fresh aroma in the room and corridors. Nice bed, very clean luxurious toilet and shower. Very courteous cleaning ladies who do a very thorough job in cleaning the room daily, beautiful ambience all around. 4. Easy, quick and hassle-free payment process. 5. Good location near malls and eating places. 6. Thanks also to Mr. George and Ms. Karen who sent us off nicely on the day we checked out.

excellent, helpful staff, exceptional rooms and very clean. wiish we could havw stayed longer

yes beautiful scrambled eggs. everything was very good. Would have liked choice of some ham and cheese as there were no other cooked items We stayed for 3 night very comfortable beds, clean and relaxing. very roomy.

Very nice rooms
    • Classic King Room

Breakfast!!!! The coupon said "gourmet", but instead it was like a fast food setup. They should get a cappuccino/espresso machine (no more keurigs!!!), some decent cereals (muesli?) and some real wholegrain or substantive breads. Eggs were terrible. Coffee was awful. Parking was a little tough at times as the lot gets full. Acoustics in the hall were not the best - we could hear every loud person walking by. Could hear nothing from outside - that was fine. Did not like that the chocolate and water and wine that were out and showing had a price ticket! Put it out of the way, someone might eat it by accident...

The bed was king size and very comfortable. Room and bathroom were very clean. Bathroom was large, with plenty of space to store things and a huge shower. Fresh towels every day, nice amenities - shampoo, conditioner, soaps, etc. Room had a couch, chair and ottoman, table and two chairs, kitchenette, coffee machine, TV with many channels, ironing board and iron, and a safe. Parking was free, plus a nice lobby and bar (although a little small, and closed early)

The bed and furniture in the room were nice;
    • Classic King Room

The food offered in the lounge could have been better, and I would have liked to have been able to eat at the hotel instead of needing to go out for food.

The bed and furniture in the room were nice; good quality.

Best non-chain Hotel the place to stay in Laval
    • Classic King Room

Nothing. Wish they had more hotels like this one all over Canada

Clean room comfortable bed professional staff wonderful hot tub good breakfast over all just nice relaxing stay. Last day in Canada by far was the best hotel yet.

The room was clean, Bathroom and shower very nice.
    • Classic King Room

The hotel is located across a Chrysler / Jeep dealership. It is hard to access from Montreal. It has no restaurant. The buffet could have added pancakes or waffles with some Canadian maple syrup. Not enough fruits. I did not like being debited outside 400 CAD from the outset just for two nights..

The room was clean, Bathroom and shower very nice. I have not slept like that in a long while. I find the building structure to be hilarious as you have the feeling that you have arrived in Disneyland.

Asking a security deposit which is given back 5 days after...
    • Classic King Room

Asking a security deposit which is given back 5 days after check out, a first in more than 15 countries ive visited.I thought i was in Canada, not Burkina Faso...Also unstable wifi

Quite expensive considering the overall experience.

Not clean for a 4.5 star Hotel. Breakfast area not clean. Bath robes removed from room, without notice. Breakfast remained the same ALL -6- days. At the end, coffee was served in plastic caps....!

Nice decoration, perfect position.

Rooms are the best you can get.
    • Classic King Room

Shower door leaks to floor every time. Need to put towels on the floor and bar was closed every night I was there

Nice place to stay and great location

Great space for traveling with our toddler.
    • Classic King Room

A tub or removable shower head would have made bathing our toddler easier.

Great space for traveling with our toddler. Plenty of room for our pack-and-play. Our son loved running around the room. It was beautiful and comfortable. Breakfast was very good.

My Daughter's Wedding Weekend.
    • Classic Two Queen Room

The only problem we encountered unfortunately, was with one of the staff at the reception. On July 22, the day of the wedding,my daughter and the photographer went down to lobby with the wedding dress to take a picture of the bronze giraffes statue in the lobby. Our photographer wanted to take a few pictures using the bride's dress next to the statue. The hotel lobby was empty, not other guests there. The staff member working at the reception stopped the photographer from taking a few pictures. Told him that it was private property and wasn't allow to be there. My daughter, guest of that hotel was with her photographer. She explained that it would take just 5 minutes and that there was no one in the lobby. He refused to allow them to take the picture, the photographer had to spend time convincing him to allow one picture to be snapped. He finally agreed and actually counted the number of photo snaps that were being released by the camera. We found that very aggravating and it really upset us. Good thing our photographer didn't let the incident spoil the mood. I have attended many weddings in hotels, and hotel staff never prevented brides and grooms to be photographed in their lobby. In actual fact some hotels, even moved furniture in the way, to allow space for the pictures. Otherwise, we enjoyed the hotel. It's unfortunate that one person's action left us with one bad memory of that special day.

My daughter was getting married on July 22. Since our house was in renovation and not completed, I decided to reserve a room for that weekend for the wedding preparation. l had called ahead to tell the hotel the reason for the reservation. The person I spoke to was very welcoming and receptive. The room was very comfortable and spacious. My daughter and her maid of honour were sleeping there on the Friday. The bride's maid were to meet up in the room the morning of the wedding. The floor staff was amazing. She made sure we had extra towels, checked the temperature of the room so that it wouldn't be too warm during the bride's preparation, made the preparation for our special day easy and very pleasant. The pre-wedding preparation went super well and ended up being a happy, yet relaxed atmosphere, with no feeling of being stressed. We left for the wedding in a very happy mood, looking forward to the event of the day.

Up your game or lower the prices
    • Grand Luxury Room

Room kind if dirty stains on wall... bathroom not totaly clean and broken tub stopper view is the back of car dealership withis a tire dump (motel 6 style) not what u should pay so much $$ fir

It was pleasant and exceeded our expectations; lovely place to stay; bed and pillows comfortable,
    • Classic King Room

Up graded room; spacious and luxurious; staff great; breakfast very nice and well stocked; hotel was beautiful; location was excellent for our need. Would certainly stay again and recommend to others.

Loving Laval
    • Classic Two Queen Room

If there is a wedding reception ensure that your room is on the front part of the hotel

Incredibly comfortable beds, friendly and professional staff, beautifully kept property, very good breakfast, centrally located. This was my 2nd time staying at this hotel. If I am in Laval I am staying at St. Martin.

Great hotel
    • Classic King Room

The bar at the hotel wasn't open, nor would they allow us to sit in that area with our own wine - not outside! Had to sit in our room...

Restaurants close by, some not open Sundays though

Do not drink whatever you see in the fridge. There is nothing for free.

Thy should put the check-out at least at 12 for later check-in. Also, they filled the fridge with a lot of soft drink and no warning if it is free or not. I don't think it is a fair practice. You have to call to find out.

too short too tell. I check-in at 2 am and check-out 'at 11 am.

Be spoiled stay here if you can!
    • Standard Executive Room

Some instructions for TV use and location of switches or controls such as the reading lamp, closed captions, See question 3

almost everything other than a few minor things mentioned

Nice place in the midst of suburban sprawl
    • Classic King Room

Laval is not the most scenic or tranquil place in the world but if you are going there (we went for the concentration of furniture shops nearby) this is an excellent choice for a hotel.

Excellent breakfast. Nice whirlpool. Very comfortable room.

Great hotel, super clean and comfortable !
    • Superior Room

The personnel at the breakfast station wasn't so friendly and they kept having personal conversations together which I found to be a bit unprofessional.

The room was beautiful and very clean.. I love the bathrooms too

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Great hotel, great value.
    • Classic King Room

There was nothing I didn't like

One of the nicest hotels I have stayed at at any price. And the price was very reasonable. The breakfast was really good. A lot of variety.

Free parking.
    • Classic King Room

The bed was made but linen did not appear to be fresh. King bed sagged in the middle. Breakfast selection was very limited.

Free parking. Lobby was cozy. Location is great - close to everyone.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Pleasant stay, I'd do it again!
    • Classic King Room

Well, the location isn't great but there's nothing they can really do about that. However they do have another location downtown Montreal. The only suggestion I have is to offer dairy alternatives, like almond/soy milk or serving scrambled tofu also.

The continental breakfast was lovely, everything you could want was available in bountiful supply. The hotel grounds were elegant and always clean. The best sleep I've ever had were in their beds!

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

In general, was an "ok" or "mediocre" stay.
    • Classic King Room

The "indoor pool" was not a pool at all.

The room was clean but hallways were not. Not enough selection for breakfast (bacon,sausage,etc) just scrambled eggs

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Wouldn't do it again.
    • Classic King Room

Parking lot was icy and extremely dangerous. They wouldn't invest in making it safe to walk to and from parked car!

Nothing in particular considering it's supposedly a 4-star facility

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

friendly and supportive staff in a delightful boutique hotel
    • Classic Two Queen Room

The breakfast was disappointing in variety and content for a 4 star hotel. You really needed a car as the distance to the Metro was about 20 minutes walk.

Whole ambience, ncluding staff, large spa, large comfortable room, bath, free wifi etc

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Great stay.
    • Classic King Room

A lot of road construction is going on at this time (Oct 2016) around this hotel, which slows traffic a bit. We were given a "coupon" for breakfast, but it was not really required, so the purpose of it is not clear. Some of the labels for controls in the room were not duplicated in English.

Very clean room, attentive staff, good breakfast, free wifi and free parking. Staff was very nice and called shortly after check-in to confirm if the room was ok.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Convenient but....
    • Classic King Room

Bottled water in the room, the noise on Saturday night coming from the main ballroom was unbearable till 2:00 AM!!!!!

Location is good. Breakfast was good. Room was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

The bed was awesome!
    • Classic King Room

1-) Construction near the hotel made access very difficult. 2-) Vending machine (sodas) at rear entrance did not work. Found another vending machine (beside the breakfast area but needed to use many different coins to finally make it work). These machines need to be working properly

The bed was awesome! Nice and big with lots of room... and comfortable

Super service.
    • Classic Two Queen Room

Super service. Beds and pillows comfy. Great atmosphere and very clean. Perfect location.

I like room decorations and bed is so comfortable

I like room decorations and bed is so comfortable

Very convenient and comfortable.
    • Classic King Room

The pool was very small.

Very convenient and comfortable. European style with excellent staff. Great for our family.

Excellent spot and comfy hotel
    • Classic King Room

We need to pay for non alcoholic such as soft drinks and water

The gourmet breakfast was perfect

Collin
    • Classic Two Queen Room

The breakfast was pretty soft.

It was comfortable and we would stay again.
    • Superior Room

Nothing. It was all good.

The breakfast, beds, and service. Everything else was good.

Very nice place

Very nice overall
    • Classic King Room

A/C noise and no sidewalk on roadway in front!

Bed was like cloud

Bed was like cloud

Hotel accommodated our early arrival

Hotel accommodated our early arrival

Great Place to stay when visiting Laval
    • Classic Two Queen Room

The bed and pillowa were exceptional

People are nice, a clean place
    • Classic King Room

The bed was not comfortable and every time I move in the bed, a lot of noise was made.

People are nice, a clean place

The best part of our vacation

Nothing really

Very cozy

Loved our stay!
    • Classic King Room

It was very clean and comfortable. Our room had all necessary amenities.

Happy Customer!

No indoor pool/hotub

Fantastic room. Classic queen

Lovely place to stay
    • Classic King Room

Work out area to small larger eating area

Close to metro was clean good breakfast

room confort, shower, breakfast included in the price

room confort, shower, breakfast included in the price

Good size room clean and confortable.
    • Classic King Room

Good size room clean and confortable..

Would stay there again

Good for price

Breakfast no meats

LOVE...Dream!!
    • Grand Luxury Executive Room

Beds are INCREDIBLE!! Very COZY rooms!!

The location was close to the stadium for a event we were...
    • Classic Two Queen Room

The location was close to the stadium for a event we were attending in Laval. The hotel was clean with decent breakfast.

Lux hotel

It rained outside

Bath robes, bar fridge, hot tub, fireplace, lots of towels, kind size bed what not to like?

Very nice and clean property.
    • Classic King Room

Very nice and clean property.

This is the place we all are looking for. Less for more, Parfait!

Everything!

Nice size rooms

Nice size rooms

Beds!

Beds!

It was good but could be better
    • Classic King Room

The place for the tourbillon bath is to small. The gym is to small.

The tourbillon bath. The parking. The breakfast.

Breakfast was good
    • Classic King Room

Services could have been better

Breakfast was good

Overall location is great , near subway and eateries. The hotel is clean and nice
    • Classic Two Queen Room

He gym could be improved. They need more Bowflex and better tv in the workout room

Breakfast is great, hotel is very clean

Good location.
    • Classic King Room

Good location. Comfortable room. Clean room. Good value for money.

will not come again if there is still not So good smell in rooms
    • Classic Two Queen Room

odour(unpleasant smell) makes a little uncomfortable experience in this hotel even if room changed to a different floor and windows cannot be open.

Stayed there for a wedding. Nice and close to the reception.

Breakfast.

Very comfortable room.

Beautiful hotel, super comfy bed.
    • Classic King Room

Beautiful hotel, super comfy bed.