Reviews of Le Westin Montreal 4 stars

#33 of 137 hotels in Montréal

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Very pleasant
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It took a while to get familiar with the hotel layout. One would get the impression that the layout is in the state of change.

The bed was very comfy. The hotel staff were very helpful and polite

Overpaid/Underwhelmed
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

maybe I am inexperienced in hotels but I was thinking a $300+ night hotel would not be so bare bones and characterless. surprised the towels, tissues were scratchy/cheap, one bathrobe, restaurant in hotel was also pretty low rent considering the property. had a waffle that was clearly reheated kind of thing as were the hashbrowns. in general nothing was horrible but it was also unmemorable. maybe the Hilton is like this too. but next time I'd make sure to spend less on a mid level hotel because they are just as good/not good for 1/2 to 3/4 the price

bed good. clean all the way around

Our recent stay of 5 days.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I did not think that the bed was as comfortable as I had expected.

The in room delivery of baked goods for breakfast were excellent. The self made coffee also very good. All of the staff was very friendly and always helpful. The TV quality was great.

Great place to stay.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was nothing I did not like but would of wished that could been available for kids would be a game room and the adult the bar seemed to be closed at time we rented. But like I said nothing really I disliked at this place.

The clean the rooms where. Friendly staff. The pool and gym. The valet service for parking car although pricy for parking can be expected for secured and downtown area. Rooms big with modern look. Sheets for bed did not smell and clean. Compared to a previous hotel we stayed in was the worse experience ever. Should I return back to Montreal diffidently a place to re book next time. Keep up the good work.

Excellent location!

Excellent location! It was easy walking distance to the Old Port of Montreal, restaurants and shopping. The rooms were very nice - clean, smelled fresh, wonderful large shower and VERY comfortable bed!

Check in and check out was effortless, great luggage valet...
    • Premium Room with Two Queen Beds

Queue for swimming pool on the hot day, but was well managed by the staff

Check in and check out was effortless, great luggage valet people, very nice buffet breakfast especially the layout, great room.

Loved how comfy the bed was and the pillows were!
    • Traditional King Room

Loved everything the only thing that happened at checkout was my card went through a couple extra times but they resolved the issue and reimbursed me

Loved how comfy the bed was and the pillows were! I loved the little body pillow! Very close to everything and staff was very helpful

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We had a wonderful stay. The location is fantastic. The pool was incredibly fun for the kids and they even provided everything needed for our puppy. I would highly recommend the Westin!

Next time in Montreal we will choose a different Hotel.
    • Deluxe Corner King Room

The room view was disappointing, no privacy, while the laundry service was closed during two subsequent federal holidays without no previous information from the Hotel. Staff friendliness during breakfast needs to be improved.

The location in the City was perfect for us!

The Location and parking was the biggest convenience.
    • Traditional King Room with City View

The Location and parking was the biggest convenience. A short walk to Rue St. Paul/ Saint Jacques square where you can find best quality of everything! The hotel staff is very accommodating

Location is great, very near Old Montreal.
    • Traditional King Room

We were given a handicap room. No bathtub and all the switches were waist height and the toilet was very high and uncomfortable. I guess we ended up with this room because we booked through Booking.com?? The cost for one night was just under $300 with taxes and parking all in, so to be given a handicap room for that money...we would never stay here again.

Location is great, very near Old Montreal. Bed was very comfortable.

A place for studying at 3rd flour was well but such a...
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

expensive price not breakfast include no minibar

A place for studying at 3rd flour was well but such a expensive hotel should be breakfast include abd have minibar in room that had not!!!!

Excellent location and great staff.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The pool at 1 times was very busy and we were asked to wait. Which I didn’t object too. It was waiting outside of the pool that bothered me. We were not allowed to sit on the chairs and wait.

Very centrally located. Close to the METRO and Close to china town. We enjoyed the pool, hot tub and sauna.

great location, the kids loved the pool
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

great location, the kids loved the pool food was great!! only one issue with parking was none had to park across the street staff were a great help would definitely return

Location was perfect:easy access to downtown by walking;
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Location was perfect:easy access to downtown by walking; easy access to subway. Lots of fine restaurants around the hotel. Very good hotel bar/ breakfast restaurant.

Underground city access useful with -25 Celsius weather.
    • Premium Room with King Bed

Underground city access useful with -25 Celsius weather. Good proximity to Old Montreal. Excellent continental breakfast at Les Moulins La Fayette bakery, accessible from inside the hotel. Friendly staff followed up promptly and courteously on every request.

Good location for a weekend getaway.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View

We went for a weekend getaway - it’s a very corporate hotel. The lobby seating lacks frienliness, but it’s useful.

The front desk staff was helpful and friendly, and our city view was beautiful. Valet parking made parking a breeze. Close to the metro system, and a short walk to everything. Lots of great eating options nearby.

Will stay st that Westin property but will not buy breakfast or dinner.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Food in the restaurant was not to the Westin brand quality . Took an hour for dinner for food to come out and the taste was poor. However the waiter was all alone in the place. Dinner for 3 was $ 160 - not worth the price

Rooms , location & staff

Through booking.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View

Through booking.com. I found when I was looking at the property and before "booking" the property the cancellation policy for one of the rooms changed upon payment. I did question this through booking.com - but my question went un-answered. Each room before making the reservation (booking) was a cancellation policy of the day before; upon booking and entering payment info. one of the rooms was NOT able to be cancelled or changed w/out penalty.

Poor customer service
    • Premium Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff poor attitude; hotel internal communication break down I have to repeat same requirements again and again to different staff; only one bottle water for a double queen size bed premium room cost $587 per night, room service for extra bottle water super slow and have to remind them; check in deposits unclear amount without any explanation, and double charged, although hotel declare will refund to my credit card but that will be add extra to my credit limit during the overseas period. Generally there is no way for me to stay at Westin hotel anymore.

There is nothing I like other than near to my business exhibition centre

Good but could do better
    • Traditional King Room with City View

No late check out and no place for guests to change after business meetings - big miss for a business hotel. Hotel quite pricey but still had to ask concierge for slippers whereas would have expected to find these in my room. Cleaning lady from Haiti was a bit rude and unprofessional - asked to make my room at 8:00am when check out was due at 12:00pm.

Personnel was welcoming and professional. Rooms were neat and clean. Good service.

Grateful to be able to bring our cat. Fantastic staff. Spectacular location and local ammenities.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room wasn't at all what I'm used to for a Westin room. I understand that lesser quality rooms would be available for pets, but there were stains on the carpet by the door that I'm guessing was from a dog waiting at the door for its owner. The bathroom floors were sticky which can happen with residual pet urine proteins - this indicates that the room isn't being properly cleaned. Also, a big draw was the spectacular pool, which was under renovation. We were given passes for the Continental, however, their hours were much shorter than the Westin's and their pool was a lap pool. 😕

Amazing staff. Incredible local restaurants! Shopping Mecca.

Wonderful
    • Traditional King Room

For the price of the stay it would have been wonderful to have breakfast included in the stay

The beds were very comfy and along with the essential oil and the music, my sleep was amazing.

An excellent hotel to stay in - clean, comfy beds, great service and the perfect location to explore

The pool was closed.

When I went to reception to check out, the receptionist remembered by name from check in. It really stood out to me in a positive way.

Staff was very friendly and very helpful.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff was very friendly and very helpful. They didn't wait for you to approach. They came right over and kindly ask if they could help. They made the whole family feel welcome and gave great advice as well as called ahead to locations to make sure they had what we were looking for

Enjoyed my stay, location was great. Rooms were clean and staff was friendly.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I usually find it difficult to have a good sleep in hotel beds. Le Westin's Beds were really comfy, I had no trouble falling sleep after a long day.

Location was great.
    • Traditional King Room

Location was great. Walking distance to everything we wanted to see. Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. Very pleased.

If going to Montreal again I'd defiantly stay at Le Westin.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View

The pool was small and was often crowded with families. At times they had a sign up saying it was full so we couldn't use it. Our stay was during school holidays so it may be better outside these times.

Great Location, very comfortable bed and very helpful and knowledgable staff. Breakfast was extra on top of the room rate each day but the choice of food on offer was very good and there are several cafes close by if you don't want to pay hotel prices.

Clean rooms, modern atmosphere and very helpful staff!
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View

Nothing that we can think of. We were very happy with out stay.

Clean rooms, modern atmosphere and very helpful staff! Check in and check out took minutes and parking our car was extremely easy. This was great because we only had a short time in the city and wanted to spend as much time in the city of Montreal as we could.

Too big to offer a personal feel.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

After a long drive in from Ithaca Ny, there was no available valet parking, and hotel parking was full. Although there was a parking lot across the street the hotel staff did not offer to park car. This has not been the case with other hotels we have stayed at. Also location lacking Street appeal. Very large hotel, not very inviting, would probably suit business clientele best.

Breakfast was good and waitress was very friendly.

In general the hotel is great place to stay. Parking is expensive, which is $ 35 a day.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hotel charged me two times in my credit card and when I questioned about the fact, the staff told me that he cannot do any thing because the way computer is programmed. I wanted to see the manager of the shift and she said that they will return the money within 5 business days. This experience upset me.

The locality. Everything is close by so I like the place. Most of the staff are friendly and helping.

Luxurious comfort
    • Deluxe Corner King Room

Was told I could have an early check-in and a late check-out and got neither. Would have scheduled my transportation a little differently.

Just loved the beds and bedding. Did not want to wake up. The extra shower head was fantastic as well.

im
    • Traditional King Room

Some small datails: No filled mini-bar, shop available by the lobby (no alcohol for sale) requested high floor, it wasn't high bar lacked ambiance, closed early. no smoking facilities (it was -19 celcius outside) no matches available at reception, reception staff did not go the extra mile to get a lighter from someone. I was advised to go to a nightshop to buy one. No comb, q-tips in bathroom. showerhead is fixed, no separate handle.

late bfk (14h) on saturdays! beds as usual fantastic with Westin Great gym

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

the receptionist was really nice.
    • Traditional King Room

The breakfast was not worth that much money...and the Valet Parking coercive. The room is not looks like what I can see online. There was no sleeper when we open the door.

the receptionist was really nice.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

It was good.: I would recommend it . Location
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room service . 1. Hour late for breakfast. We were compensated but it changed our plans and schedules for the morning.

The bed was the best.. super clean room.. like the soft music player in the room.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Great location, bad luck who fire alar
    • Traditional King Room

Fire alarm went off at 12:30am and it was -20 Celsius outside! Apparently it was caused by a smoker. Room was a little small given it had a king size bed.

Location and good value for price.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Everything!
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was a party next door to us that was very noisy!

Everything! It was a lovely hotel and very clean. My children enjoyed the pool very much, and it was also very well mentioned .

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Great Pool, Large Room. Pay huge for Parking
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Parking was very inconvenient (only valet) and very pricey. Would have liked more info in room on the restaurants in the area with confirmed opening times. Seems that many of the area restaurants close early and their web sites are not up to date so accurate info provided by hotel would have been very useful.

Lovely spacious rooms, glass bottomed pool, excellent health club.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

We loved the staff
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The rooms were a little tired and dated. We expected more.

We loved the staff

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Cars & taxis can approach the hotel in its own property

Cars & taxis can approach the hotel in its own property

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

loved the location, room and staff.
    • Traditional King Room

bathroom too small, tub too small but otherwise bathroom very nice

loved the location, room and staff. would stay there again.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Great hotel if you like to sink into your mattress!
    • Traditional King Room with City View

Mattress is way too soft

Great place, impeccable and clean.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Very friendly environmental
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

You need the key for elevator... not conforble to me

Very friendly environmental

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

• Premium Room with King Bed

Heavenly beds and clean rooms

Great location & convent for the Old Quarter of Montreal
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The view from the room wasn’t great, a dingy courtyard

Great location & convent for the Old Quarter of Montreal

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Wonderful

Great service

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

6.0

Not clean

The hotel is centrally located, the rooms are comfortable...
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View

The hotel is centrally located, the rooms are comfortable and Staff were wonderful.

Everything.

Liked the property

Everything. Very comfortable

I liked the location.
    • Traditional King Room

The hotel is boring and the restaurant and bar pretty mediocre.

I liked the location. ..

Perfect location for walking through the old city.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and City View

Perfect location for walking through the old city.

Close to the Basilica Notre-Dame

Close to the Basilica Notre-Dame

Food was exceptional

Food was exceptional

I expected it to be cleaner.
    • Premium Room with Two Queen Beds

I expected it to be cleaner.

Spacious room, cleanliness, luxurious decor throughout, fine...

The expensive parking

Spacious room, cleanliness, luxurious decor throughout, fine dining restaurant

Good gym.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Expensive valet parking. Small tv.

Good gym. Comfy bed.

Location, awesome pool, good bar

Location, awesome pool, good bar

Wonderful. Thank you
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast was too pricey. Had to go elsewhere:(

Comfy bed and staff were very helpful and friendly.

It was good
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Housekeeping could’ve been better, also staff didn’t seem inclined to help us because we didn’t speak French

Convienient location

It was a great place to stay, and I would come again.

The bed was really comfortable. You are within walking distance of many sites in the city.

It was really good

Noisy heater in room

Comfy bed

Valet parking is understaffed during peak periods.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Valet parking is understaffed during peak periods.

Overall very satisfactory for a two night business trip.
    • Traditional King Room

The television did not work

Room was comfortable and spacious and very quiet.

Within walking distance of Old Montreal and train station.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Within walking distance of Old Montreal and train station.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Location. Prefer to walk to all areas of interest. The location was a bit too far away.

Room

Rooms are spacious with nicely presented toilets.

Buffet breakfast

Spacious room and. gym equipment

The toilet seat needs to tightened in Room 636.
    • Traditional King Room

The toilet seat needs to tightened in Room 636.

Good experience

Swim pool is perfect

Better pillows.

Better pillows.

Comfortable

Ease of booking in

Great location, very clean rooms & friendly staff

Great location, very clean rooms & friendly staff Family friendly

Ok but will not go back
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff not friendly. You have to take escalator with your kuggage to 2nd floor to get to the elevators- very bad layout

Great location right on edge of old town.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Great location right on edge of old town. Comfortable rooms, deliciously relaxing beds, great wifi - will definitely stay there next time too.

They did not clean Avery and very fast .
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I like good views and Good location S .

Concierge was very patient and helpful