Reviews of Hotel Le Soleil by Executive Hotels 5 stars

567 Hornby Street, V6C 2E8 Vancouver, Canada

#13 of 81 hotels in Vancouver

• Executive One-Bedroom Suite with Two Twin Beds

Sound proof wasn't great. We had a family in the adjoining room, as i lay in my bed at night, i could listen to their whole conversation.

Great location!!! Clean, and comfy beds.

• Executive One-Bedroom Queen Suite

I felt the price for the size of room was too high. The bathroom door was creaky and hard to move. Our view was bad of an old parking lot.

The décor is very interesting! The location is great for walking around and the staff were super friendly and helpful!

Pillows too hard for my personal liking. Air conditioning a little loud.

Amazingly friendly and efficient staff. Lovely decor and atmosphere in the hotel. Great location. The Complimentary fruit and chilled water in foyer. The manager Paul's enthusiasm was amazing and nothing was too much trouble, and a big thankyou to Deanna and the housekeeping staff who found my medicine and kept it refrigerated until I collected it the next day. All the reviews I read were spot on,its a fabulous hotel with outstanding staff and I wouldn't stay anywhere else when in Vancouver.

• Executive One-Bedroom King Suite

The twenty something bar hoppers are loud on Hornby street at 2 am; if you are a light sleeper ask for a room not facing Hornby. My husband slept through it (only one occurrence over 5 nights).

Lovely smaller more intimate old world hotel -paneled lobby, with settees. the room was great with room front parlor then bathroom/hall/closet then bedroom. comfortable bed. Very nice staff. 4 block walk to convention center. Starbucks three store front up the street. A Tim Horton's (breakfast fare) down the street one and half blocks. Close to art museum 2-3 blocks. Has Wifi but I didn't use it -was in conferences all day. Has an attached Indian restaurant which I enjoyed

• Executive One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Everything was old. Very dry air in the room... it seems like they never do ventilation. Asked for additional blankets around 12am because we made a reservation for 3people. Roomwas very cold. We had to wait a long time for heater to warm the small room. Quality of service and accomodation, overall, can not give four stars

• Executive One-Bedroom Suite with Two Twin Beds

The bed and pillows were super comfortable! I loved the Aveda bathroom amenities <3 The guest service agents working at the front were all super friendly and helpful.

• Executive One-Bedroom Suite with Two Twin Beds

Extremely small room for 4 people, sofa bed was very uncomfortable that we had back pain for days following our one night stay. The reception was pretty reckless about our situation and made no effort to do anything about it. We originally booked the hotel for 4 nights but we checked out after a night of stay, and moved to another hotel with a similar price and uncomparable quality.

Nothing Everything was fabulous

Faultless from booking all the way through to checking out. Excellent staff fabulous valet parking and truly lovely room Lovely restaurant for breakfast

No 24hr room service.

Wonderful hotel. Room is great value for money, incredibly spacious and clean. Staff are warm, friendly and helpful at all times. Great place to unwind and be close to all the major attractions. 10/10 Le Soleil! We will be back 🤗

Not a thing.

Everyone from the check in people to the restaurant people were fabulous! The hotel was simply lovely and we truly wished we could have stayed longer. Next time we will. Thank you very much for your hospitality!

• Executive One-Bedroom King Suite

The air conditioning in the bedroom of suite 306 was annoyingly and distractingly loud. There's a loud clicking and thudding sound when it turns itself on and the air circulation remains noisy.

Very good service by wait staff in the restaurant. In particular, Vadim was very personable and attentive.

• Executive One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Housekeeping was not wonderful. The room was tidy but not fully clean. Cream for coffee was not replenished each day. Front desk were not often visible...they were more often in the office than at the desk. They were however, always pleasant and helpful when spoken with.

The room was lovely, exactly like the pictures. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. The hotel was quiet and I always felt safe. The doorsmen were very friendly, helpful and welcoming.

• Executive One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Great location to explore Downtown Vancouver. The staff are amazingly helpful, can't rate them any higher, room better than expected, we will visit again some day.

• Executive One-Bedroom Queen Suite

My bathroom toilet lid had quite a few strands of hair when we arrived. I didn’t complain because easily removed. The staff were so nice I didn’t want to complain. Just found it odd that when the cleaners finished off they didn’t notice it. Also inside toilet bowl there was a mark of sorts like it was cleaned in a hurry.

• Executive One-Bedroom King Suite

The hotel confirms your booking and if you dont respond to an email in 24 h the reservation is canceled. I needed to rebook 3 times.

I was upgraded to a penthouse suite because they were fully booked. The room was beautiful.

• Executive One-Bedroom Queen Suite

The ice machine was way fown on the third floor, sucks when you have to take an elevator to get ice. The location, and no parking isnt handy either. Being forced to use valet is unbecoming of a hotel

The design of the room was nice. I liked the color and feel. Made up for it being so small ( a bit )

• Executive One-Bedroom King Suite

Location and friendly and helpful staff.

For what use to be a premium hotel it is now getting a little shabby and needs new management to see the "grime" that has developed. Never could get the message light on my telephone to stop "blinking". Shortly after they killed the light it was on again - frustrating when there was no message. Also, none of the other buttons on. the telephone worked. Door under the bathroom sink would not stay closed. Baseboards needed re-painting. Elevator very slow, etc, etc. Hope these comments will be corrected.

• Executive One-Bedroom Queen Suite

I think you should include everything in your pricing because it was kind of a shock paying close to 40 bucks a day for a vehicle that didn't move until I left the hotel for home. I booked at 189 a night and ended up paying over 548 dollars for 2 nights. I asked for a government rate because I work for Hydro and was turned down because I booked online. I think that was a bit unfair.

I liked the service, everyone was nice. The burger from the restaurant was awesome.

• Premier One-Bedroom King Suite

As with most hotels I stayed in on my recent trip, the air conditioning is fairly noisy. Being amongst the middle of Vancouver's business district with associated high rise buildings, the rooms don't have great views.

Comfy beds, friendly staff and a great central location are the highlights of my recent stay at Le Soleil.

• Executive One-Bedroom King Suite

There is no buffet and you are on your own in search for breakfast. They have Indian restaurant but it is not what I would prefer to eat for breakfast. There are hotels nearby where you can find breakfast and brunch but you have to go outside. Those who got used to European hotels will understand the problem )) There is no changing table in the toilet on the first floor where receptionists are, but this is a minor problem.

It is quiet hotel in the city centre. The location is very good : 7-10 mins to the waterfront , 12-15 mins to gas town district. The city train is also very close. Rooms are comfortable, I had king size bed and additional room entry with sofa and tv set. Also hotel proved a crib for my infant, and there were enough space for a stroller. The bed in my room was very comfortable.

Le Soleil has created a really welcoming atmosphere, everything from the helpful staff to the decor makes this a special place to stay. Concierge were well informed about the local area. They were more than just professional... they quickly became acquainted with our family and chatted easily with us, adding to the welcoming atmosphere.

• Executive One-Bedroom King Suite

Our room was upgraded - very nice surprise. The valet and check in Staff was very helpful and friendly. Great location, when the heat was running it was bit noisy but overall did not bother us.

• Executive One-Bedroom King Suite

There was nothing to not like

Staff from valet to check in were very professional and friendly. Provided excellent information on places to dine. The best part is our room wasn’t ready yet but upon arriving back after a drink at a nearby establishment, we were upgraded to a penthouse suite. We will definitely be visiting this establishment again

• Executive One-Bedroom Queen Suite

The hotel effectively accused us of stealing an umbrella from the room! I have stayed in many hotels over 45 years and have never been accused of taking anything from any hotel.

• Executive One-Bedroom Queen Suite

room was cold, heater causes noises, view is poor (right next to the another building), very small bedroom.

comfortable bed, nice entrance hall, small yet handy fitness room

• Executive One-Bedroom King Suite

Quite noisy from road outside - particularly from loud drunks at about 3 am - was woken by them but not for long as they just walk by. The free tea and coffee felt rationed - would have been nice to have a little bit more. One room in our suite of 2 rooms was very cold (winter visit). There was someone trying to fix air conditioning but our room remained cold.

Location was good, easy walking distance. Hotel was ok but not as special as I was expecting

• Executive One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Aircon unit in our room was noisy turning on. Didn’t notice during the day but certainly did at night.

Nice space for a regular room. Very friendly & efficient staff.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Executive One-Bedroom Suite with Two Twin Beds

poor quality and choice of tea in room

The valet parking and check in was very welcoming. The front desk was most helpful with food suggestions. We had breakfast at the adjoining Copper Kettle. Again the service was excellent. We left an article of clothing and called the hotel when we arrived home. The hotel mailed the item to us.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Executive One-Bedroom Queen Suite

WiFi connection could have been a bit faster.

Comfy big rooms, excellent heating system, polite staff. Close to Burrard and Vancouver Center SkyTrain stations - a really good place to stay for sightseeing.

• Executive One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Shower unit tired! The bath plug is mechanical and failed completely.

Superb location. Attentive staff. Great sheets and duvets. (Love that crisp feeling)

• Executive One-Bedroom Queen Suite

My room didn't have the best view but then some times you got to accept it. But for sure will stay again if I happen to be in Vancouver

The Indian food was at the restaurant was great and the staff were extremely nice at the restaurant took extra care to make sure every thing was all right as I was a solo traveller. many thanks.

• Executive One-Bedroom King Suite

Wonderful property and staff. We've stayed here previously and would definitely stay here again. Valet parking is a plus as is the central location. Our suite was lovely and very nicely furnished.

• Executive One-Bedroom King Suite

The temperature control did not work in the bedroom part of our suite. I reported it to the staff they quickly determined it needed maintenance to fix it so we were offered to move immediately to the room next to it which we did successfully. That afternoon I found an envelope under my door with 3 vouchers for a free full breakfast in the hotel restaurant. A $70 value for our inconvenience. Truly service at its finest. And the breakfast was excellent.

Nil

We were a group of six visiting Vancouver for a hockey game. Stayed two nights. Excellent location and good value. The staff throughout the hotel went above and beyond to make our stay ultra enjoyable.

• Executive One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Bed was very comfortable; hotel was very clean; really liked the set up with the sitting room separate from the bedroom; despite being downtown , it was a very quiet room & hotel; concierge Gavin, was amazing very helpful & fun

Absolutely nothing.

Lovely facility. Intimate and quiet, and in a great location. Rooms were exceptionally clean, and the privacy and space were perfect for relaxing and visiting with family. The staff was outstanding.

• Executive One-Bedroom King Suite

Hard to get it cool at night. Had to turn thermostat off and open windows.

Nice to have separate sitting room. Good restaurant. On a quieter street and close to convention centre

• Premier One-Bedroom King Suite

Lighting could be brighter.

We stayed at Le Soleil three times during our visit to Canada and each time we had a very comfortable well furnished one bedroom suite with a bath. The beds make for a sound night's sleep.

• Executive One-Bedroom Queen Suite

I didn’t like the fact that the pool and spa that Booking.com have as hotel amenities is NOT located on the premises. You have to go to the YMCA next door to use the pool and hot tub. The hotel website list the pool and hottub as next door while Booking.com does NOT say anything about it being a different building

Great staff and rooms

• Executive One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Gym and pool next door is advertised on the website but not stating that it costs extra. Valet parking charge could be seen excessive.

The locations is excellent, rooms are very clean and most importantly the beds and linen are very comfortable. I brought my own pillow (as I always do) but did not need it. The mini fridge for s excellently stocked.

• Executive One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Wifi was quite slow (slower than at the airport) and it made it difficult to work from my room.

Nice rooms, spacious and comfortable. Friendly staff were a huge bonus.

• Executive One-Bedroom Queen Suite

No complaints about the property or our stay. It was absolutely enjoyable.

We loved everything about our stay. The valet attendants were particularly friendly and helpful. They really went above and beyond to ensure our stay was comfortable.

• Executive One-Bedroom King Suite

The whole place is looking a bit aged. Parts of the room looking a a little tired.

Well-appointed, reasonably spacious rooms. Central but quiet location.

• Executive One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Coffee maker was broken. Water was dripping from the light in the bathtub. No pool, hot tub or fitness room on site. Room service meals do not offer alternate milks (allergy).

Comfy bed. French themed decor. Good climate control. Nice to have the bedroom and sitting area with two tvs. Friendly staff. Great location for downtown.

• Premier One-Bedroom King Suite

The air conditioner in the bedroom blew right onto the bed. The elevators were also slow at busy times. Not a big deal, but a minor inconvenience.

We were fortunate to be upgraded to a penthouse suite. Being able to hang out outside on the patio in the midst of downtown was amazing! My brother-in-law said that the pull-out couch bed was great. The bathroom was spacious and clean.

• Executive One-Bedroom King Suite

The heat/air system in the living room was very noisy. I had to turn it off at night as it could be heard in the bedroom.

Well appointed suite with a separate living area. Centrally located. Clean with comfortable bed.

• Executive One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Theres is nothing I did not like here. Everything was perfect!

This hotel was just amazing and I wish I could stay there a month -or 2! Haha. Staff makes it really. I had a little problem with my credit card and they went out of their way to help me and make me feek at ease, comfortable and found solutions. On thevspot. I was really tired after flying for more than 24 hours and I just couldnt have felt more at home, and welcomed. They gave me an uppercstorey room just like I asked. The place is real luxury , all the while being cosy and comfortable. The area is fantastic, all within a walking distance, a short walk from Granville neon lifghts yet away and protected from the noise, safe. This place is perfect :)

• Executive One-Bedroom King Suite

nothing wrong with the property but, I thought it could have been a bit nicer. More than OK for an overnight. The only real issue I had was staff using the elevator bringing in cleaning equipment when guests were on it and buckets of cleaning solution the made the air a bit unpleasant to breathe.

Very nice location and the desk staff were friendly and helpful.

• Executive One-Bedroom Queen Suite

I loved the robes and Aveda toiletries. The valet was easy for my car. The staff were so friendly. They gave me excellent recommendations for eating and day trips. I loved staying at the Le Soleil.

• Room Selected at Check-In

It is honestly difficult to imagine how our experience could have been improved.

The location is ideal. The staff friendly, welcoming and helpful. The room was cozy and inviting, the bed comfortable and everything clean and well maintained.

• Executive One-Bedroom King Suite

We were upgraded to a penthouse suite. The staff were very helpful, friendly, and professional, the hotel was very clean - food was great. Would stay again.

• Premier One-Bedroom Queen Suite

The experience at this hotel was just exceptional, the location was perfect and the ease of moving our luggage to the ship terminal was so easy as it was down hill all the way.

• Executive One-Bedroom Queen Suite

My initial meeting. There was some mix-up with my booking, and the staff seemed less than accomodating when I was getting very frustrated. I had no phone service , and no access to my bank. Being in another country did not make me feel comfortable at that moment. I did meet the GM, and things smoothed out in the end.

Everything was very good for my second international trip. Traveling with my pet and the accomodations were fine.

• Premier One-Bedroom King Suite

The staff were wonderful. Very helpful, friendly and accommodating. Great food enjoyed at breakfast and dinner. The rooms were nice and conformable, easy to relax or work.

• Premier One-Bedroom King Suite

The only thing that was a negative point was when we went for breakfast a cup of coffee was $5.00, that seems excessive!

I liked how our room was set up, very comfortable. We found the staff extremely friendly and engaging. Very nice staff!

• Premier One-Bedroom King Suite

It would have been nice to have more electrical outlets in the sitting room.

Beautiful, elegant boutique hotel walking distance to restaurants and the convention center. We loved having a separate, spacious sitting room that was beautifully decorated. Our bed and linens were so nice and the bathroom carried all notions as well as thick, plush towels. Our housekeeper was so nice and made certain that we had everything we needed to be comfortable. We look forward to our next visit to Vancouver and staying at Hotel Le Soleil.

• Premier One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Bathroom was very nice, but there was a mild mildew smell. There could have been more outlets in the sitting room (possibly include a lamp like the one in the bedroom that has an outlet in its base?).

We wanted to stay at a boutique-style hotel, walking distance from the convention center and restaurants. This was perfect for our stay. Beautiful and comfortable accommodations which included a separate, spacious sitting area. All staff members were friendly and helpful, which included those at the front desk, the doormen, our housekeeper, and staff that were simply passing us in the hallway or in the elevator. The lobby was a comfortable place to meet with associates. I ordered breakfast with room service. It arrived in a timely way and was delicious. We stayed a total of three days (two separate reservations), but we were not ready to leave. We will definitely stay again when we attend our conference next year.

• Executive One-Bedroom Queen Suite

The suite looked bigger and brighter in the photos, but was in fact very small for four women traveling with loads of luggage. Once the couch bed was pulled out, there was very little room for our suitcases or to move around in general. Whilst the bedroom was nice and bright during the day, the living room was quite dim. As this was an older building, I realize that the structure can't be changed; just a side note to those who want a more open, day lit area.

The staff were awesome; very friendly and happy to help us with suggestions on nearby restaurants and lounges and always available to help us with bags or to get a taxi. Also, the bed in the main bedroom was pretty comfy.

• Executive One-Bedroom Queen Suite

The hotel is a boutique hotel with a traditional European vibe. Beautifully decorated public rooms and bedrooms. Staff was very helpful with local information.

• Executive One-Bedroom King Suite

the hotel is way too expensive for its location, and the amount of money they blocked on my credit card was more than a one night fare which is the norm. they put me in a bad situation since my card was almost maxed out

the hotel style is very elegant. rooms were quite and spacious

• Premier One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Bed was small and the curtains didn't shut so it was super bright in the morning. Expensive and the room wasn't that nice. I could of paid less at a different hotel and been more comfortable.

• Executive One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Nothing really about the establishment, rather with Vancouver in general. The city is filthy and the number of homeless & beggars is out of control. The government need to address this.

Exceptionally well appointed room/suite and extremely comfortable bed. Great lounge area was a bonus. The Indian Fusion restaurant attached to hotel is first class be it for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

• Premier One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Excellent location, accessible to all the nice parts of town, and next to a bike rack for easy alternatives to walking. Hotel is impeccable, and full of character, sunshine, and friendly staff. Would love to come back on holiday instead of business.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Seemed to be mosquitos in the room was bitten in the night. Not the best of view from window. Room a bit small.

Comfort, lovely clean room, comfortable beds, good staff who were very helpful. Deepest bath I have been in, more like a jacuzzi! Very nice! Has working AC. Bathrobes are a bonus. Nice and close walking distance to most things in town you would want to visit.

• Executive One-Bedroom King Suite

Two things - 1. poor lighting in the suite. Very dim - unable to see inside suitcase in the hallway cupboard. 2. Air conditioner in bedroom - extremely noisy and annoying. You would hear the electronic "click click" to tell that the air conditioner was going to start, then a heavy clunk, followed by loud fan noises. Can't say we heard it every time it came on, but it certainly disturbed our sleep.

The hotel was very quiet and comfortable. It was obviously very busy on the long weekend, but there was no sound of neighbours at all. The staff are all very helpful and courteous. Great location.

• Premier One-Bedroom Queen Suite

The hotel was great. Only wished there were more simple, breakfast places nearby. A full breakfast was a little too much food to start a day of sightseeing. Although there were many cafe nearby, not everyone in my family drank coffee.

Room very comfortable. Great location. Near both train stations and bus stops. Safe to walk around in late evening with teen.

• Executive One-Bedroom Queen Suite

The lack of a decent hotel bar (it's part of an Indian restaurant), the slow service at breakfast, the poorly equipped gym

Staff were very friendly and the location was great

• Room Selected at Check-In

The final price per night without breakfast was a bit too high for the overall experience.

The location is perfect and the staff was very friendly and helpful!

• Premier One-Bedroom King Suite

I was totally surprised and offended when we had to cut our trip short due to a death in my family. When I told the staff we would be leaving just one night early over 24 hours in advance of that last night and asked if they would PLEASE not charge us due to the circumstances- they said it was simply their policy. We have stayed at Le Soleil several times over the years and my husband would HAVE more than likely stayed there again, but this was ridiculous. The level of cleanliness has certainly gone down hill since our first stay there in 2006 and the rooms are looking dated and definitely need updating and freshening. The dust level was without a doubt noticeable and the furniture and rugs were just old and dirty. We were in a junior suite with a sitting room and other guests have said it well when they say it just felt "old". It is simply not worth the money anymore and the fact that they would not charge us for our last night which we told them about the afternoon of the day before we left, with such sudden and sad circumstance, just sealed the deal. I will never stay there again. I had a lot of unexpected expenses having to fly back to the east coast suddenly and the fact that they couldn't let one nights charge be an exception was just hurtful.

The location is great, which is sad considering how this hotel is going downhill

• Executive One-Bedroom King Suite

The rooms reminded me of the rooms in San Francisco's Sir Francis Drake Hotel which is a good thing. The tall handsome gentleman who helped us with our luggage and get a taxi was fabulous and very, very personable. He's a gem.

• Executive One-Bedroom Suite with Two Twin Beds

The beds were very comfortable. My only issue was the AC coming on intermittingly all night long. Other wise, It a great hotel that I would recommend to friends and family.

• Executive One-Bedroom King Suite

Le Soleil is in an excellent location for new visitors to Vancouver, like ourselves. We were able to easily get around the sights and find restaurants/cafes close by. The staff were pleasant and helpful. The room had a seperate lounge which was beautiful. It had an exceptionally comfortable bed too. We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

I didn't like the fact I wasn't there longer. 😊

Shoutout to all staff. Craig from the front was beyond helpful. Led us in all the right directions including "up".

• Premier One-Bedroom King Suite

This hotel looked amazing online and lived up to our expectations during our visit. It feels like the best private hotel you would find in Europe, right in the heart of downtown Vancouver. Within walking distance of the cruise terminal too.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Our room didnt have 2 beds. I booked a room w 2 beds on booking. One was a hide a bed that was uncomfortable. Shame on you. I booked two beds, and should get that.

They are centrally located and they have an amazing staff.