Reviews of Comfort Inn London - Ontario 2 stars

1156 Wellington Road, N6E 1M3 London, Canada

#30 of 40 hotels in London

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The receptionist was very rude and cut me off when asking for towels saying there some under the sink and when I checked there there wasn’t any so I had to go down and ask a second time.. The and the bathtub was dirty with hair in it, hot water didn’t work at 8am ended up having a cold shower. Didn’t know there wasn’t an elevator or would have requested first floor. The parking for upstairs not convenient for coming in and out of the building.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I booked through booking.com and received a rate. Had I had to pay full price I don't think I would have stayed as the cost of the room for what you get is a tad steep.

we had just spent two previous nights at two different hotels - same competitor of which my partner is a platinum member. We had horrible experiences both nights with the mgmt. staff. Very rude and uncaring. Denise was a welcome personality to walk in to - as were all we had the privilege of interacting with.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hauling our luggage upstairs, but was manageable as it is only one flight.

Room was very clean, staff were very helpful and friendly and love that we could walk to the restaurant next door for dinner.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Make the eggs hotter, & room rate should be matched with the rate that is offering on that day if it goes cheaper...

Room is clean & very good location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Only complaint was that the bathroom was not very clean. No residue per say but there were at least 12 hairs in the bathtub, sink and even on the wall behind the bathroom door. Can't see how housekeeping missed it and it made me question the cleanliness of the other items. I think I would book somewhere else next time in London.

Everything except cleanliness was fine. But nothing was outstanding. Staff was efficient but not over warm or welcoming.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds where just a little uncomfortable. While walking threw the halls you can hear everybody in their rooms, they could sound proof the doors to make the stay a little more secluded.

The staff was very reasonable, they met all my needs with great satisfaction.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Poor signage - difficult to see from the road (lots of other hotel signs). Decor far and away the most boring ever encountered in a hotel - everything brown, no pictures or photos on the wall.....

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I can't think of one thing. Sorry!

Lovely breakfast. Location of room nice and quiet. My pet dog is very much welcomed at Comfort Inns, so that is our first choice to stay in.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

You know I cannot think of a single thing.

Great breakfast with eggs and bacon and a wonderful waffle machine. Room was very quiet. We stayed in same comfort inn to and from a 5 day holiday, Both stays were wonderful. The TV worked well and was quite large. There were lots of nice walking areas for us and our dog. The manager was nice to talk with. Very pleasant also as were any staff we met..

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

All things were very good. extra help when we needed it. I felt bad about taking more syrup then I needed. perhaps a smaller container? Our stay was great,all the way around. Thank you so much.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff person at the desk when I arrived would not allow me to use a bathroom. There, apparently is no bathroom on the property other than the one's in the rooms. I have a medical condition and needed to use the bathroom immediately. I was greeted with a blank stare and she started the check-in process, had my credit card, I.D., a previously paid for reservation but she wouldn't let me rush to the room to use a bathroom. I had to leave the property to find a bathroom and then return. I would never book this place again.

Pretty clean and adequately remodeled. Mostly quiet.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

would of like a microwave in room

There was lots of amenities to go too. It was great to walk and enjoy the spring bank park and also the keg. Quiet and people friendly

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing to complain about, really

I've stayed here before a number of times. One thing I like in no 'surprises'. I know what to expect. I've found most of the Comfort Inns I've been in to be consistently good. I can't say the same for other chains.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything .. the bed was made of stone and the staff were rude and people outside the building were playing games and drinking till 130 in the morning and hotel staff did nothing to stop this ... will not be back

Location is good but they charge way to much for what you get and barely any parking unless you want to park in the far back were there's no lights ..and the front desk staff are rude as if you are bothering them ... this place should be valued at 50-60 a night not 120 ... Robery!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only negative was the noisy air conditioner unit.

The property was convenient. The rooms were clean. We were given adjoining rooms without requesting them which was very considerate. The bedding was white and clean and there was no dark bedspread.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The plumbing made funny noises all night ... not loud enough to disturb, though.

The staff were exceptionally helpful when I had problems getting onto the Internet. Great value for the cost.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Booked on line. Received confirmation # and price ffor $79.00 plus tax...when we arrived the woman at the desk said the credit card was rejected and so had to pay full price. I was not happy but it was too late to find another motel. This motel was booked I week in advance so why wasn,t I imformed or cancelled with notification. I have booked many rooms on line and this is the first time I,v had a problem. No a happy camper and will never trust Comfort inn again. The woman at the desk was very curt and not at all helpful. It was sorry about your luck.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

More like a motel than a hotel. Clean but dated, noisy, small rooms, wifi didn't work on second day, best suited for hockey teams.

The price; only reserve if under $100CDN

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were just looking for a place to sleep after a 12 hour travel, with another 6 hours the next Day. This motel was easy to find, comfortable and the included breakfast was enough. Good value for this reason. We did not try to access any of the other facilities so cannot comment

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Horrible stay. I paid in cash and was over charged on my credit card 3 times. Still waiting for the third refund. Very rude and un accomidatable staff. Extremly disrespectful. I tried to explain to the manager why he owed me money for the third over charge and he wouldnt listen, kept interupting me and insisting i was trying to rip him off. Will never stay there ever again. Nor will i stay at any other comfort inn again.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Noise travels very easily from the hallways and often feels like someone is trying to come in the room, but they are not, it's just how the noise sounds. The room was very warm and we didn't call the desk, but it didn't look as though we could control it as the heater was already on the lowest setting. We opened the window and we were fine.

The room was clean and beds were comfortable. Free and ample parking and with various exits, could park close to the room and not have to drag luggage or other things too far.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the only thing we didn't like is that there was a fly going around our food every morning!!!

The lady in the kitchen was super nice. Every morning when she saw us coming, she would pull out the chair for my son so he could get into the table( he uses a wheelchair). It was always nice and clean. She was always so helpful. All the staff were awesome. It was nice and quiet. They are doing some upgrades which is needed. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!!!

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The towel in our bathroom was dirty. It had a poop stain on it. I was disgusted to see it and felt like leaving right away. If i was travelling alone i would have left but i was with my old mom n daughter and they were tired so we just decided to ignore that n stay. The room was small and i could hear the noisy traffic all night long. There was no facility like complimentry toothbrush, toothpastr or slippers. So dont forget to carry that if ur going there. Take ur own towels and take earplugs if u want a goodnight sleep. The receptionist appears so unfriendly..she didnt even greet us with a smile. had a stern long face. It was not really nice to talk to her.the building was old and dirty.the rooms were too old. The building and rooms need a reno.

The breakfast was good and the beds were ok to sleep on but i would rather stay in a clean and nice place and buy my breakfast from outside next time. mcdonalds has resonable prices for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Nothing really. It was for 1 night and as long as I could make coffee that was OK. My husband does not drink coffee or tea. I did not find any tea bags.

We did not eat breakfast there due to diatery requirements

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Need more variety for hot breakfast. On line room registration not the easiest. Staff tried to solve problems but more excuses than action.

Reasonable cost but book in advance.Special requests accommodated if possible.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was in want of a clean(er) tub and toilet (ie. hairs) as well as a toilet that was not slowly running all the time. It needs repaired. Tons of cigarette butts right outside the entrance...where it clearly states 'No Smoking'

Breakfast staffer was excellent. Happy, cheery and friendly. Food items were plentiful and repeatedly re-stocked during our 15-20 morning dining experience.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Both of the rooms had a strange old cigarette or mildew smell that was pretty off-putting.

The pet policy was fair and easy to understand. The rooms are very spacious and I liked that they included a couch.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Free breakfast and WiFi...kind staff, really nice rooms ...great location....would definitely stay again!....couldn't beat the price. Bonus - we arrived early & staff got us our room 1.5 before check in at no extra cost!

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room next to us was used by about 6 people as a wash room while they had a party in the parking lot outside our room. The party went on from 9pm until 4.30am. They were very loud and we got little sleep. It looked like a regular Friday night outing for the group of about 5 girls having a tailgate cook up. They used the stairwell as an extra party discussion location. We will not stay there again.

Convenient location.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Would have been better with a shower curtain. Also, only 2 tissues of Kleenex left.

The welcome was very good from the front desk. Breakfast was a surprise as the website I checked stated "no breakfast".

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Unfortunately, the weather was very hot and we had to have the air conditioning on all night which was very noisy.

We liked the updated room and especially the bathroom.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff misinformation cost me double the price for 3 rooms. Not happy. Curtains did not even cover windows and rooms were small. Rooms were hot and missing either fridge or microwave

Waffles. I could make them fresh and coffee was really good

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very little space between the bed and dresser's. Sliding door was very hard to move, had to use two hands.

Clean, location was good, you could walk anywhere.

My bath tub was chpped

How clean it was

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They kicked me out because of my nationality

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

prior garbage was not removed and shower not cleaned AND THE SOFTBALL TEAM PARTY TILL 2AM !!!!!!

The bed was comfortable.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was extremely bland and rude

Bed was comfy

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was fairly comfortable, breakfast experience left a lot to be desired when compared to other Comfort Inns we have stayed in.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Man hanging around reception made my teenage granddaughter very uncomfortable

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Food quality and selection in breakfast room.

Good Bed - Clean Room - Quiet at Night (even with hockey kids on the floor)

1or 2 am Saturday night drunken guests banging on doors and yelling

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

No public washroom in lobby

Comfortable

tv reception

breakfast

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I would have liked a fridge and microwave in the room.

Easy to find, Lots of parking. Clean nice room.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was small..but it was the only thing left!

Great place..clean; nice breakfast

quieter central air and less noise after 11pm

didn't have breakfast the beds were comfy but the central air was very noisy

No elevetor

Good location and people

No elevator

Bed was decent and breakfast was good.

Staff was not accomodating

Nothing good to say as I was refused

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hot in the hallway no air, small cramped breakfast area.

Nice clean room, good parking, close to everything, very convenient.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Climbing stairs to the 2nd floor was a little uncomfortable. An elevator would have been more convenient.

Clean room and comfortable bed.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Too much furniture for such a small room.

staff (Abby) was great

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything was fine nijintnw said opus

Ubororreiknql korjint weriouwn Jon

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed and pillows was awesome

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was not very comfortable, small room.

Great Breakfast

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was nothing in the breakfast for diabetics. All yougerts had sugar no rye bread etc.

The room was nice

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The customer service was poor and we had issues with r cards to get in the rooms with quite a few rooms

The breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff wasn't that pleasent especially at check-in. Not impressed with the older lady staff member.

Hotel was good.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not really much to complain about

Continental breakfast was wonderful. Room was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Egg patties

Coffer

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

latest renovation is super. I want to stay in one of these units on my next vist.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was gross, bed was uncomfortable, noisy doors slamming all night

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There were no rooms left

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Choices for firmness of bed pillows

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room we stayed in had a damp floor and was damp in general; did not smell good.

Breakfast was well done for a continental breakfast.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

It was great nothing to complain about.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very pleased with our stay here. Staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast room had plenty of options for everyone.

• Reviewed: 23 May 2016

Location was located nicely near everything. But, view was of parking lot. Mot the hotel's fault

Great staff. Yummy breakfast. Super helpful moving us to a downstairs room.

• Reviewed: 15 May 2016

We didn't get to the breakfast. It was too early and rushed for us. It would've been nice to have it served till 10am instead just 9am

The staff were really friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable ND clean.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2016

I have stayed at many comfort inns, there a hit and miss, this one was a miss, I have asthma and can't climb stairs, I was put on the second floor, usually you have a choice when checking in, the snotty front desk people said it had to be requested, before hand, not giving me any other options, my toilet wouldn't flush, I had bugs in my room, totally unprofessional, I was not told how much was being taken from my card upon checking in, and they would not give me a receipt because I booked online, I will never return to this hole!

• Reviewed: 17 April 2016

Not sure about bed bugs. Mysterious bites. Only one chair in room. Couldn't sit out and enjoy the sunshine.

Location was great. Easy to get back on route and lots of dining options. Easy access to room for carrying out cats. Pets allowed is great

• Reviewed: 12 November 2015

We thought that the desk was too large, and the dresser also...difficult to adjust the heat...not much in writing.

The people were excellent, along with the fantastic breakfast

• Reviewed: 29 October 2015

Smell of hallways and room. Smelled smoky. Front desk staff member was not very happy or friendly.

Liked the location, was there for a medical appointment. Cost was economical.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2015

On Sunday, we were using room until lunch when we went out ....had do not disturb sign on door as stranger coming in woukd get dog barking and disturb others....When we went out, staff were in halls cleaning rooms andwe thoight ours would get made up later but it did not. In driving around town, saw several other motels ppsting much cheaper rates but unsure if they would measure up in terms of cleanliness etc.

Cleanliness.....truly smoke free with no old smells....warm breakfast.....no fees to include pet

• Reviewed: 16 September 2015

Convenient for a one night stay, quiet, could use some updating, otherwise clean and breakfast was great. It must be a popular place as the parking lot was full.

There are also 59 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.