Reviews of Lord Berri Hotel 3 stars

1199 Berri Street, H2L 4C6 Montréal, Canada

#94 of 134 hotels in Montréal

Good - better than expected and great value for money.
    • Executive King Room

Other facicilities such as lobby, breakfast room and lounge were not available due to refurbishment.

The Hotel is undergoing refurbishment and will become a Marriott Hotel. We were given a refurbished room which was very good. Excellent air con; great TV; tea and coffee Nespresso machine; good shower and bathroom; excellent lighting.

Excellent room with classic decoration and extra comfy bed
    • Premier Queen Room

The ground floor and some rooms on other floors are under major renovation. Noise is not an issue however. Illumination is an issue similar to other Montreal hotels I have been to (they tend not to have fitted lamps on the roof of the rooms which is uncommon un Europe and the bed side lamps plus the lamps by the office desk are not sufficient).

The room was excellent and exceeded my expectations. Spacious, stylish and classic with extra comfortable bed, huge office desk, big tv screen, comfortable seats. The reception staff are very friendly and attentive.

If you want to save some money and stay at a motel like place than go for it, Otherwise run.
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Awesome location, close to old port and other attractions but I would still pay a little more and stay at holiday inn instead which is also great location (next to Metro) but amenities are way better. Just a very old hotel that requires a lot of renovation. Chipping wall paper, AC are like from the 50s’.

Plus/minus OK. In case we do not get another room could be possible we change the hotel.
    • Premier Queen Room

At the moment we stayed in that hotel they are under renovating. This hotel has no parking place. When we checked in they gave us a very poor room. Hard to discribe. We claim it and ask them for another room. At the beginning they told me they don't have other rooms. Later we asked again. then we got it which is much better. Even the renovating of this room is not yet finished.

The hotel is close to downtown. Is about 10 minutes walking to downtown. The staff are politely.

Perfect
    • Premier Queen Room

Far beyond expectation! The restaurant was under construction, so the owner bought food from elsewhere, and the quality was great! Huge bed, modern-style room (I guess our room had just been renovated, it was really neat and cozy), helpful staffs... everything was just perfect! Love it! And we will absolutely consider coming back again for our next trip to Montréal!

the service was great and so was the location
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

they didnt notify me that the hotel was under construction. I paid a lot compared to other hotels ive booked in the past and it was for vacation. I didn't expect to be woken up before my alarm to the sound of drilling. Had i known this i would not have booked.

the service was great and so was the location

Perfect location to wander around.
    • Executive King Room

Perfect location to wander around. Staff very helpful and welcoming.Breakfast included.The hotel is under major renovation so our room was brand new and although not completely finished it was a nice room.

Very disappointed!
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was old and dated. The bathroom smelled of urine. The halls and elevators were very dirty, as were the windows. It was never mentioned that the place was under construction... no parking and no restaurant.

Would stay again after the renovations.
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The restaurant was closed for repairs. Construction was going on at the hotel and it was dusty. One elevator out of the two was part of the construction site. Not fot anyone with dust and cement allergies.

Location, easy access to public transportation and restaurants.

3.0
    The last receptionist immediate responponded to my logical...
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

1. Half of the hotel is in on going construction! With no pre-notification! 2. 8:00AM SHARP we woke up from the construction next to our room ,after we asked it to stop 30 minutes later,it kept on going. 3. The beds were tough that made me a back pain. Btw, does they every change the sheets? It smelled like dust 4. There were no lights in the room except the nightstand ones. 5. When we walked into the"hotel" with our luggages nobody helped or even suggeste, so we had to do it ourselves.

The last receptionist immediate responponded to my logical demand (full refund and the receipt to confirm that.)

Staff was very kind
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Old and run down hotel which is presently under reconstruction which is not mentioned on Website. Restaurant is also closed. Drilling noise starts at 07:00 hrs. We booked 3 days, but after one night, we had enough. Staff was easy on cancelling the other 2 nights without costs.

Staff was very kind

In need of serious updating that is being completed on part of the hotel now. Great staff.
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The place is under construction and being remodeled, only the bottom three floors were open. Beds are very uncomfortable and rooms were not very clean. We are returning for three nights in August and the front desk staff assured us we would have a nice, remodeled executive room....we will see.

Very nice staff.

Discussing
    • Premier Queen Room

The entire peopertybisbunder construction and they started at 6h30 or 10 am. I had 5 days stay and only sleep 2 days and that was the weekend. Booking.com should have put that information and I wouldn't have booked that hotel. Also I booked breakfast and the restaurant no longer there because it was demolish. But was able to get the refund for breakfast but no compensation for the fact I couldn't sleep in the morning. For $100 a night I should have peace and quite but instead I got a drill over my roof for 3 days out of 5days stay. NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER.

Since we arrived by greyhound so perfect location and price for the medical appt. we had to go to.
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

no restaurant for , had food brougth in. also the pounding noise above us for the renovation. but they started at 6:-- a.m. it was anoying. could barely talk and be heard amongst ourselves.

The place is falling apart patched walls
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The facility was dated very sloppy

The place is falling apart patched walls Bugs 🐜 in bed bugs on the furniture heat doesn’t work properly I give this place 1star

It was okay
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was girl at front desk night shift time I think her name is Melanie, she was very very rude.

The gentleman at the front desk was very good and polite very coapritive and so the manager.

Pleasant and practical place for my short stay.
    • Premier Queen Room

The room (and building in general) looks more dated than I expected. New carpets and a fresh coat of paint would be beneficial.

The location is excellent, close to shops and amenities. It's also close to the Greyhound bus terminal, which is practical for travelers.

The hotel location.
    • Premier Queen Room

The hotel needs renovation. The modern-style lobby does not make up for the old, dark room we got. The bedcover was dirty with dark stains. The breakfast menu was very poor and hard to meet our dietary needs. It’s not self-service and you are limited to what they hand you. Despite that, the waiter was kind enough to adapt the breakfast menu to our diet, but he is on his own and having breakfast might take long. It is not worth having it at the hotel! The management of the parking places needs improvement. We faced overbooking in the first night. Hopefully the receptionist suggested us to park in the Hotel staff places.

The hotel location. Centric and close to a subway station.

A great place to arrive to after a late flight.
    • Premier Queen Room

Room was spacious. Located three blocks from bus station. Coffee pods in room and morning coffee in reception area. Queen sized beds were comfortable. WIFI easy to connect to.

Staff were polite and kind.
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

All lights were white and cold. Heater didn't work except fan and cooler. Tissue box was empty in toilet and pillows were really uncomfortable. There was not even a bottle of water in room.

Staff were polite and kind.

Enjoyed our stay
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel will be renovated in the near future I understand. But for the money it was a great deal. Fantastic staff close to most things

The on site restaurant was only open for breakfast however it was a fantastic meal for 10.00 and t,he service was great there

It was pleasant overall, did the job for a night, but facilities need to be updated.
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Everything is oldish, particularly the bathroom (e.g. terrible faucet); no trash bin in the bathroom; no extra blanket (I had to take the blanket from the second bed, because the only other option to keep myself warm was the bed cover... which looked not so clean.

The convenient location; the helpful staff, nice lobby; room generally comfortable.

Disappointed this time around.
    • Executive King Room

Bugs in the bathroom. Bathrooms are beat up and not entirely clean. The breakfast menu was limited and hard to be creative to meet dietary needs.

The location is easy, the staff are nice and helpful.

Bed was comfortable
    • Executive King Room

The rooms were very dated looking. Photos on website did not represent the reality of the hotel. Web photos showed newly renovated rooms but all three rooms that we stayed at were outdated old rooms. There was a sign in the elevator that the hotel was in the process of renovating their rooms but when we asked for a renovated room they had none.

Bed was comfortable

No complaints, we got what we paid for, and the location and price made up for the drawbacks
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Decor needs updates, even something cheap like a coat of paint would help.

The location was good, close to the metro, university and many downtown areas were walkable. The downside was that the parking was always full and many customers had to park in the city lot, and the decor of the hotel. It is very clean, but the decor is way past it’s prime.

Just find another place to stay
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I have booked an executive queen room with two double beds but they deny to give it to me with the ridiculous excuse that I was just 1 person. Instead of this, I stayed in a premier queen room (not even an executive queen room). I complained but they insisted that it was the same and they did not downgrade the price. I should have left directly from the hotel but a) i was jet-lagged and b) i was too busy to find another hotel. The breakfast was the poorest I ever had in a hotel and too expensive.

The only plus of the hotel is the location

A great place to spend the weekend in Montreal.
    • Premier Queen Room

Parking garage was limited and difficult to get into. They definitely don't have enough spots for all their guests. If you're going to park, plan on leaving your car in the garage the entire time of your stay. There is a private lot next door, but I'm not sure how much it is to park there.

The room had everything we needed. The bed was comfortable, and the room was quiet.

Not comfortable at all.
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Mattress were like sleeping on a board. Could not lock dead bolt on door. And the sheets were a foot short at the end of the bed. So we slept with our feet on the actual mattress.

This place was under renovations but not noted on there...
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

This place was under renovations but not noted on there profile. The price was also not reflective of their under renovation status. I had bugs in the bathroom and only hot water in the sink, tub and bonus, the toilet! Moved to another room had more bugs in the bathroom but we learned to live with each other over the next few days. Only one elevator working for a very busy multi floor building.

Overall very good. Staff were very courteous.
    • Premier Queen Room

Hotel is dated. I saw they are making some efforts to update.

Location. I had to leave from the Montreal bus terminal early the next morning. Hotel was only 6 minute walk.

Not for me
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Way too expensive and had to give a 200 deposit-cash only!

Very noisy. people kept coming in and laughing and talking loud. It was 4am & I swear the people across the hall kept their door opened

Disappointing. Even checked for bedbugs cause it's seemed plausible.
    • Premier Queen Room

That the room smelled like smoke even though it was non smoking. The rooms were not renovated. Very old. The air conditioning didn't work. It would cool for a bit. By then the unit would get so overheated it ended up putting hot air through. The rooms are not at ALL like the pictures on the website. My colleagues said the same was true of their rooms. Staff confirmed that there were NO renovated rooms in the hotel at all. Website says otherwise. Disappointed.

Staff were friendly

I made the reservation last minute.
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was OK to stay for a night (kind of for transitting). The facilities in the room were quite out dated and worn out ...

I made the reservation last minute. It was the only hotel close to the bus terminal with reasonable pricing ... So I didn't have the option ...

Kind staff, poor amenities
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The furniture and fixtures are outdated. The curtains had cigarette stains. The pillows were not firm.

The staff were incredibly kind and helpful. Good location

I would never stay at lord berrie hotel again.it doesnt worth the money.
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room’s temperature was high and they don’t have A.C. Just small super noisy fan which won’t let you sleet at night, and it only give you smelly air to make sure you are awake all night. Rastaurant waiter was rude. They were busy and he treated my dad and I like a baby who wants to make a mess at his place. He keeps ordering us to sit don’t walk don’t touch and keep reminding us that “ You have to pay”. How could you not to pay at a reataurant. He was the worst experience of the trip. I have never had a breakfast with this much stress. Room’s blanket should get changed too old too thin. Smell of room was bad. On the site they say 20$ for the parking but they charged us more.

The reception was a nice helepful lady. The location was good.

Why isn't wife or husband one of the choices on who I travelled with?
    • Premier Queen Room

For starters, we didn't like Montreal. It's just another big city much like any other. Didn't like paying around $200 for a room for the night. Think I'm all done with these booking services. I seem to do much better on my own.

It was a decent hotel in an iffy part of a city I would never return to. Way overpriced....as usual. Had the basics....bed, tv, bathroom, and that was about it. Clean and well run. Nuff said.

We had a very pleasant stay and enjoyed Montreal a lot.
    • Executive King Room

In so far as the room was concerned the special coffee machine; in a double room there should be at least two baggage racks; we had no safe although we stayed twice at the hotel , in two different rooms. It's a minor remark but the desk clerk had no idea that we had made a reservation there, which has been a first since we booked through booking.com. (20+ times)

The size of the room, the beds; there was enough storage room; excellent shower but above all the location.

If your main purpose is to have a good and quiet place to stay . It is the right place.
    • Premier Queen Room

I think that they should put the cleaned laundry straight in you room, rather than having to pick it up at the reception.

Very nice people. Very comfortable

Ok for a 3 day stay.
    • Premier Queen Room

It will be nice when the renovations are finally complete. My room faced on rue Berri which is a busy noisy street.

Good location, close to the majority of places I had to/wanted to visit.

Excellent location close to the old town.

The airconditioner.

The airconditioner was old and very noisy. Could not adequately cool the room in the heatwave that Montreal was suffering. Saved money by parking in the lot next door.

I would say the hotel is ok, though the room we were...
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I would say the hotel is ok, though the room we were allocated was very old and in need of a refurbishment. All clean and spacious though. Breakfast is quite poor, there's only a small restaurant and you have limited choices but staff is great!

Wouldn't stay there again.I have stayed in much nicer hotels for less money
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Not worth the money .Very outdated rooms and the bathroom had pieces of ceiling coming out.There are maybe 10 parking spots underground and you have to leave your car on the street register and then park .We also had to take a knob from one dial to another for the AC as the rest were missing.

Close to our destination Staff were very friendly and lobby was modern .Everything was very clean despite being old.

Good stay in Lord Berri.
    • Premier Queen Room

The design of the room, it's quite old. Same thing for the bathroom.

The location, very well located. The room was very big. The staff are friendly.

Ok for a 1 night stay but not much more.
    • Premier Queen Room

Dated hotel and taking a $200 hold on a $120 room is excessive given the amenities available. Could not even get an extra pillow because there are only 2 per room.

• Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The state of the decor was dated and unclean, with blood stains on the bathroom door frame. Wallpaper peeling off and around the air vent of the bathroom ceiling. We asked to change rooms and the second room the wheel fell off the bed when I sat on it. The room had a bad smell. Would not return!

We would probably return to this property, especially after renovations ae complete.
    • Premier Queen Room

The hotel itself definitely needs an upgrade. We realized that they are in the process of renovating and upgrading. Parking is at a premium. We got a spot in the garage on our second day.

The staff was very courteous and helpful, especially Tito and Vin from the breakfast area. The location was outstanding, we walked to everything.

• Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Car was parked at rear of hotel on hotel property and broken into overnight. I was later informed that this is not a very good area to leave a car overnight. Area was supposed to be under surveillance by the hotel camera but was told by hotel clerk in the morning this was not the case.

The location was good, considering that it was like 15-20...
    • Premier Queen Room

I booked for hotel that announced it had parking for the car we were, but in fact it had capacity for just 14 cars and it was full during the period of my stay.

The location was good, considering that it was like 15-20 min walk from the main touristic points of interest.

We enjoyed our stay ...
    • Executive Queen Room

While the hotel was affordable, clean and the staff was wonderful, the facility could use a significant updating.

The greatest asset of the Lord Berri was its staff - from reservations, through our farewell - everyone was exceptional (special shout out to Billy!)

Wonderful hotel and location
    • Executive Queen Room

The elevators were amazing! I know that may sound weird but they were the fastest elevators to come and get you to your room. My girlfriend and I are quiet young but they more than nice to us. We went for a music festival and the location was amazing. Would highly recommend this hotel for price and locations

Economical option, worked for us, but don't expect a 5-star hotel for a 3 star price
    • Executive King Room

A few simple things could have made this a great hotel. 1. The Bedspread on our bed was dirty (like with Ketchup on it? I hope?) I couldn't stand the look of it from the moment I walked in so I took it off and put it aside (I don't think they had a replacement as it stayed there for our 3 day stay and did mention it, not a deal breaker though) 2. It would take about 30 minutes, a bit of paint and a tube of glue to spruce up the tired look of the room (note to cleaning staff, in the shower area bend down to see the stuff that NEEDS to be cleaned between the tub and wall panels) 3. Asked for an extra blanket and pillow. Got quickly however the blanket was crunchy like it was in the dryer on high heat and suffered heat damage

Amazing location! Pretty easy to get to by car. About a 10-15 minute walk to old Montreal! Good value for the money. Found the staff to be very friendly and happy to accommodate us speaking in English. Good value for the money compared to the $450 a night hotel alternatives. (we were using the room to keep our stuff and sleep while planning on being out most of the time anyway) There was no parking with the hotel available for our entire stay (which I read about in many reviews), however right beside the hotel is an above ground lot where the guys working there were very helpful and friendly, and it was $20 a day cash with in out privileges vs. $22 with the hotel. Just around the corner was another hotel, maybe offices? and below that an underground food court with IGA grocery store to pick up what you might want to bring back to the room. Fresh fruit for breakfast was a great option for us. We got a 12 pack of water for $1.99 and kept them in our room fridge. Saved us a ton of money! TIP: If you want to charge something beside the bed, only one side had an outlet right beside so I would recommend bringing a small (like 3-4') extension cord which I will now be adding to my packing list for every trip :)

Always stay here when I'm Montreal.
    • Executive King Room

Always stay here when I'm Montreal. Great location comfortable rooms. Friendly staff. Parking is the only real issue but there are lots of spots around the hotel.

Location excellent. A bit tired but fine for our stay.
    • Executive Queen Room

Breakfast is limited. Bacon is paper thin. We only bothered once.

Prime location a few metres to metro. Rooms are big with 2 beds, fridge, coffee making and bathroom is clean.

You get what you pay for, but this hotel represented a good value, close to metro and within walking
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was very plain, with little holes in several of the lampshades. No frills, but incredibly friendly, polite and helpful staff. The front desk help was especially courteous.

The hotel was very basic. Honest to the description. A good value, except that the cost of the room when I talked directly to the hotel was about $40 less than the amount I was quoted by booking.com. Oh well. The hotel was a good value monetarily speaking anyway.

Needs lots of help.
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room was awful-nowhere near what was represented in photo on line. Bathroom was grim afterthought. Ancient air conditioner, minimal lumpy pillows, rough bedding. Awful in terms of value for money.

Location is close to Parc St. Jean, good for festivals. Breakfast on site was good value for money, and the waitstaff was very good.

I enjoyed my stay overall, but wi-fi didn't work well and the cost of the stay was misleading.
    • Premier Queen Room

Wi-fi was spotty, connection was consistently interrupted. I didn't like that Booking.com didn't include the amount of fees for taxes in the email that was sent to me, so it was a surprise when I was charged more than I thought. Taxes should always be included in the email so the customer knows how much he/she will be charged. Not including taxes in the final amount is misleading.

Comfortable and clean room, great location

Lord Berri Hotel - not too shabby, but works for short getaway
    • Executive Queen Room

Rooms are old and small, not upgraded, 70th - 80th style furniture and amenities in need of upgrade and reno, small windows, old lightning, rooms are quite dark, noisy air conditioners, no pool, but I guess for 3-star hotel it is acceptable, other than that showers, warm and clean bad, rooms cleaned daily, for short stay it is OK and big advantage is convenient location to all attractions in the city and the METRO nearby...

Close to all the action, restaurants and Metro station, walking distance to down town and St - Catherine's St.

Worst accommodation I have experienced.
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hotel room was dirty and room needs upgraded, bathroom was dirty and needs upgrading, bath towels had holes in them, polystyrene tiles on the ceiling room was disgusting and body fluids visible on mirrors and lamps.

• Executive King Room

Had a king size bed. The sheet was not large enough for a king bed - or was not properly tucked in. A few parking spots underground and only good for small cars.

Lord Berri next time for me
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

This hotel is in a fantastic location, close to Berri Metro station and hundreds of places to eat etc. Reception staff were always very helpful. Rooms are large and very comfortable after a big day out.

It was a very old hotel.
    • Premier Queen Room

It was a very old hotel. The room decoration was very old, and it was not really clean. The air conditioning in the room was not working. This stay was not worth what we paid for. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

Parking issue
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No parking available because it was booked solid, and we had to find a public lot which was very frustrating. The hotel should offer a map of parking locations in the area. We wasted an hour looking and had to walk far.

Staff were very helpful and friendly.
    • Premier Queen Room

Room was adequate but the air conditioner was very loud and not very cool. The windows were sealed so the room was quite warm during the day.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. The location was quite a distance from the old town but very convenient to the metro and the local attractions and festivities happening while we were there. All in all good value for money.

Lord Berri Hotel, nice stay
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We were told that the parking was included, but was actually $25.Bit of a long walk to Old Montreal with younger children.

Helpful staff, clean room, walking distance to Montreal business district.

Never again
    • Premier Queen Room

The hotel is not located near the center of Montreal and therefore either a taxi or a ride on the underground train or a 15-minute uphill walk is necessary to get to any of the areas that might be even remotely interesting to a visitor. The public rooms, most especially the breakfast room, were unattractive and uninviting. Breakfast was nothing special. Our room itself was acceptable, but the air conditioning was noisy and not very efficient, the bed was badly made (the sheets were not properly tucked under the mattress) and in the bathroom getting out of the bath /shower was difficult to the point of being dangerous.

Nothing in particular.

Friendly staff.
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Air conditioning didn't work during the first night of our stay and we feel as though we weren't properly compensated.

Friendly staff. Clean facilities.

Good location for budget hotel.
    • Executive King Room

First room was very warm when we entered and could not get air to work. They sent up someone to check it out and he said that it did not work very well so we were given a different room which was smaller and not as upgraded. A/C worked but was very noisy and made it hard to sleep. Rooms definitely could use update and fresher looking bedding.

Location was close to restaurants and an easy walk to old Montreal. Busy St Catherine and st Dennis streets we just a block or two away.

very helpful staff
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

expensive breakfast not included with room In need of a facelift to make it more appealing

very helpful staff very close to the main subway station in montreal (two minute walk) perfect place to stay for the F1 race parking is in a basement garage with locked doors - very secure

Very poor staff
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff was not informative and lie about the price of the parking on the street and pretend he has no clue of the price went up. Which in fact went up a few year ago.

Would not recommend
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Was told at checkin no parking,had to pay $60 for 2nts next door, ac in room worked first nite but not second nite. Shower tub very dangerous slippery no railing or mat. Bed sheets were not the right size did not cover mattress. Would not recommend this hotel.

Could be better
    • Executive King Room

Hotel was very dated and needed a deep clean along with redecorating. The heater fans were incredibly noisy and so old that none of the switches worked - I had to call house keeping with some pliers to turn it off. The rooms need updating

This hotel is now showing its age quite badly. It needs a complete top-to-bottom renovation NOW.
    • Premier Queen Room

Extremely small toilet seat; thus, rather uncomfortable. Shower was poor; no matter how much I fiddled with the shower controls, the stream of water was pathetic. Soap bars were so small that I ran out of them every day, and needed to request more.

Location was only two blocks from a metro station. Thus, very easy to get to various places in Montreal. Hotel staff were very accommodating and helpful.

This is 2 star quality No-Frills hotel.
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room is filthy, and the air conditioning badly needs to be upgraded.

This is a no-frills budget hotel. Pros - Location: It is a short walk to the Berri-UQAM metro station, this station has a direct connection to 3 of the 4 subway lines. It's also a short walk to the Gay quarter, which has a wide variety of dining choices. It's also close to stop #4 of the hop on/hop off city bus tour although the hotel inexplicably does not sell tickets to this. -Bathroom - has obviously been recently renovated. It is clean and in good shape. Water was hot and good water pressure. Cons: -General room cleanliness: with the exception of the bathroom, the room is generally dirty. The carpet is threadbare and filthy, bed covers, and furniture are worn out and grimy. Beds: the mattress seems new, but is of poor quality and extremely stiff. Pillows are also poor quality and uncomfortable. Air conditioning: Is extremely old and works poorly. It should have been replaced a decade ago and would have been old then. Our A/C unit worked full time at the coldest setting, and could not keep up on hot days. Fortunately for us, our June trip had only one hot day (in the high 80's) so we only had one uncomfortable night. It is not going to be adequate on hot summer months. We contacted staff about this, and based on the response, it's obvious that this is a common complaint (they were uncooperative). Ice machine: They have a single (chest type) ice machine, but no ice scoop, so it's obvious that people are using their hands to get ice. This is a listeria outbreak waiting to happen. General condition of room: All of the furniture is old, worn out and in need of TLC . I had to repair the toilet handle twice during our stay (it was loose), which is no big deal, but indicative of the general lack of attention by staff to the physical facility. Of Note: Parking: The hotel has underground parking with an elevator that takes you directly to your floor, which is convenient.

A Place to Sleep
    • Executive King Room

Furnishings were badly in need of renovation. Slightly sketchy neighborhood. Parking was inconvenient and expensive. Staff was not friendly. A/C was extremely noisy...like sleeping in a jet engine.

Room was clean.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

We drove to Montreal from Toronto May long weekend and when...
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We drove to Montreal from Toronto May long weekend and when we arrived downtown, we realized there was parade going on, which blocked off several streets - including Berri, the one where the hotel is located. We were stuck in a massive traffic jam for several hours, which was absolutely brutal! The hotel staff should have contacted us to forwarn all guests who were to be checking in that day, so that we could have made alternate arrangements. We were not pleased with their response as they offered nothing to us other than parking several blocks away and we had to walk for over 20 mins with our bags and suitcases (though the crowded parade area) back to the hotel. It was a terrible experience and the hotel should have offered us a discount for such a major inconvenience. The hotel itself was comfortable and nice.