View vacation packages to

2. Canada hotel reviews
  3. Ontario hotel reviews
  4. Ottawa hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Lord Elgin Hotel

Reviews of Lord Elgin Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

100 Elgin Street, K1P 5K8 Ottawa, Canada

#19 of 62 hotels in Ottawa

Based on 1908 hotel reviews

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: June 13, 2019

• Classic Room with Two Queen Beds

The price we paid was more than 200 dollars a night, tax included. So, at the time of booking, I asked for a room on a higher floor, away from hallway noise (vending machines or elevators) and, if possible, with park/street view. After booking, we received an instant reply saying: "We're happy to let you know that the property has confirmed they can arrange this for you. There will be no extra charge for this request." All is good, we thought. Guess what? After arrival, the room we got was #205, first floor above de ground, facing the back of the building, overseeing huge (and noisy) commercial grade air conditioning units. Thanks, Lord Elgin Hotel. Outstanding first impression.

Great location. Haven't tried breakfast.

Stayed in June 2019

• Reviewed: June 13, 2019

Great historic stay in the middle of downtown and great...
    • Executive King Room

The fitness room is just ok but the main issue is the ancient AC system that spat out warm.air

Great historic stay in the middle of downtown and great staff

Stayed in June 2019

• Reviewed: May 31, 2019

Great location, good accomodations.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Park View

There was a faint ticking sound (clock) behind my headboard.

Room was a good size. I stayed there for the Ottawa Marathon and the start line is directly in front of the hotel! Great location - also an easy walk to Parliament and other attractions.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2019

Location was convenient.
    • Classic Queen Room

My room and bathroom we tiny! I slammed my elbow into the shower door just trying to use the toilet. I feel like I got the left over room, and absolutely no view. I had to keep my blinds drawn cause there was an office rooms straight across that I could see into.

Location was convenient. I wanted somewhere I could walk to all the highlights, and I could and did walk successfully to all I wanted to see.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2019

Location and ambience.
    • Classic Queen Room

Slight confusion with our booking on arrival, even though we had Booking. com document. This was probably due to inexperienced check in chap.

Location and ambience.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2019

Great location in a fantastic city.
    • Classic Queen Room

This is a classic vintage hotel, therefore the rooms are small for the price. Breakfast was disappointing.

We were in town for the Run Weekend and the location could not have been better.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2019

Fantastic!
    • Queen Room with Park View

Towels too small and not enough of them. More can be obtained from reception but the size is still an issue.

Excellent location near government buildings and tourist attractions. Great airy room (park view). Convenient parking located across the street at the city hall - free on weekends and holidays and I believe $22 thereafter for 24 hours. We basically had 3 days for $12!

• Reviewed: May 21, 2019

Excellent!
    • Classic Queen Room

Not sure what to say as we had a wonderful experience. The only thing would be that you could hear the other bathroom's flush their toilets - not much of a problem.

We were impressed from the very beginning to the end. Loved the front desk staff, location, bed, decor, and price.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2019

Loved it! Short walk from Rideau Center and great view of Confederation Park.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Park View

Our experience was really good. We did not know it had valet parking so that was a little confusing at first. My husband had to go inside, check-in and find out. (We may have missed this info when we booked)

• Reviewed: May 20, 2019

The only good thing was it was in a good location
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Park View

For such a basic two double bed room, I felt that the price was far in excess of the accommodation. There was nothing extraordinarily special about the room to make it as expensive as $800 for a two might stay. Am very disappointed in what I got for my money

• Reviewed: May 13, 2019

Affordable luxury.
    • Classic Queen Room

It was difficult to get our vehicle pulled up when checking in due to the amount of traffic there. That was it. The rest of the time was fantastic.

The staff were friendly, the rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable. My daughter loved the pool, the hot tub, and the pancakes. Overall the value couldn't be beat. She'd never been to Ottawa before and she can't wait to come back!

• Reviewed: May 6, 2019

Good value for the price, very clean and nice staff.
    • Classic Queen Room

As above, the restaurant was not up to the overall quality of the hotel.

The Grill was very noisy, not full but a large table of celebrants. Service was very slow and hamburger was soggy and not good value.

• Reviewed: May 5, 2019

We will never stay anywhere else in Ottawa!!!
    • Classic King Room

Fantastic location! Fantastic value! Staff were beyond amazing! Our vehicle was broken into prior to arriving at the hotel with our rear windshield being smashed. The staff cleaned up the glass and put plastic on the window to make sure we could get home - all without being asked and without charge! It is these acts that put the Lord Elgin above all others!

• Reviewed: May 4, 2019

The peaceful corner in a crazy, insane business trip.
    • Classic Room with Two Queen Beds

I can't think of anything I didn't like.

I liked my room, plenty of space and lots of natural light. I loved the shower, the water pressure was great and the showerhead was high enough for me to wash my hair without bending over.

• Reviewed: May 3, 2019

Mixed feelings .
    • Classic Queen Room

Mixed feelings . Great staff but room was outdated. I paid in total over $400 for one night incl parking. My room heater was broken and didn’t warm up even after two hours. The maintenance attendant had to bring me a portable heater. The bed was flat and uncomfortable. The marble bathroom however was gorgeous! Staff were great.

Everything except bathroom
    • King Room with Park View

I have never been in a bathroom with such loud flushometers You could even hear one in an adjacent room This was totally unacceptable Especially in the middle of the night

Everything except bathroom

• Reviewed: April 29, 2019

The service was prompt and accommodating from the front desk...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Park View

The hotel was great but overpriced for a basic room. The hotel restaurant was average with little options for dietary restrictions.

The service was prompt and accommodating from the front desk and valet.

Crap
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Park View

The first room we were given smelt like feet. They said they already had four or five complaints about the same thing!!! Nice way to start off the checking in!The pool was dirty, hazy, a water cup floating,way to much chlorine, I skimmed a clump of hair out with the net, and the hot tub was so gross!!!!! with a brown foam scum on the top!!! The towels in the pool area were as rough as sand paper and then when we showered off at the room the towels there were as rough as sand paper there as well!!!! Very very disappointed looks like a nice place but those little thing you pay top dollar for are not there at all !!! Actually I feel ripped off!!!

The bell hop/concierge was a great guy, helpful new his stuff!!!!

• Reviewed: April 21, 2019

Location is second to none.
    • Classic Queen Room

The room smells a little bit of damp (it was raining and to be honest it’s an old building so it’s not surprising). The swimming pool is more of a small leisure/family pool (no lanes etc.).

Location is second to none. Bathroom is clean and mordern. Staffs were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2019

Walls are very thin at this expensive hotel, we had excess...
    • Classic Queen Room

Walls are very thin at this expensive hotel, we had excess noise at 1AM, then 3AM, then 7AM from room next door. After our 2nd complaint it the hotel staff said we could switch rooms which was kinda too late, our day was already ruined. The one thing is the staff said they sent someone up. We didn't here anyone come up and knock on the door to confront them about the noise. We heard phone ring next door which they didn't pick up. No other action was done by staff. No compensation was directly offered. Manager gave us her card to call her next time we came to stay?

• Reviewed: April 5, 2019

Excellent! Those special touches made our stay there the best!

No issues at all.

Vlad, the concierge/bellman made me and my group feel right at home. He gave us all water when we checked in, recommended a great restaurant for dinner, helped with luggage, directions, and he checked on my husband while he was waiting for me to return from a meeting. He was so respectful. He really made the stay extra special for us all. Then, because I was there for a GG award, it was amazing when your management and staff lined a red carpet for us as we stepped onto our motor coach to be transported to the ceremony...we loved it!

• Reviewed: March 31, 2019

This location is clean, staff is wonderful, on several bus...
    • Classic Queen Room

This location is clean, staff is wonderful, on several bus routes, within walking distance to the main attractions, lots of restaurants to choose from. Great location! I always enjoy my stay at The Lord Elgin.

• Reviewed: March 29, 2019

Uninspiring
    • Queen Room with Park View

The Hotel was tired and bland looking despite having had (apparently_ a recent refurbishment) with no interior redeeming features. Just unimpressive for the money Also we asked for a no smoking room and it was obvious that someone HAD been smoking in the room as the air was stale. We asked if we could be moved and the answer was a flat No.

Starbucks on site Small pool and adeuate fitness room Location

• Reviewed: March 29, 2019

Great location!
    • Classic Queen Room

The staff was very nice and polite but when I checked in, the woman that helped me with my reservation was not very nice ( maybe she had a bad day but the rest of the employees were amazing).

Great location! Loved it. It was clean.

• Reviewed: March 25, 2019

Great location, friendly and prompt service from all staff.
    • Classic Queen Room

Bathroom was a little dirty upon arrival. Housekeeping would knock on the door and open it immediately, tho not much, and when told "just a second" while getting up they'd just leave. Called valet for my vehicle, waited a half hour (seemed a little busy so I was extra patient) but when i inquired how much longer they "forgot" to go get it, but did so immediately. Basic internet is almost unusable, for a proper modern day connection you'll have to pay $10 per 24hrs. Parking is only through valet, which will run you $35/day. Don't see why buying a ticket to their garage to come/go as I pleased & be able to easily get a forgotten item from the vehicle without waiting on valet isn't an option. Heard the pipes rattle in the wall whenever the rooms next to ours would use their wash room.

Great location, friendly and prompt service from all staff.

• Reviewed: March 24, 2019

Overall sufficient stay, some improvements need to be made.
    • Classic Queen Room

We were expecting a little more quality overall for the high price and high ratings.

Staff were professional. Room was clean and well maintained. Close to lots of great places to check out in Ottawa.

• Reviewed: March 21, 2019

Great location, beautiful and clean, great amenities, pay for what you get.
    • Classic Queen Room

Was underwhelmed by the room, it was relatively small and did not have a queen bed. This could have been my mistake for misreading the description of the room. Also was not aware that parking was extra due to valet only. Luckily city hall parking was free during our stay. I suppose I was expecting a bit more for such a nice hotel, but got a great deal so can't complain.

Great location, close to downtown. Good food at the restaurant, and a Starbucks inside.

• Reviewed: March 18, 2019

Very comfortable nice courteous staff.
    • Classic King Room

The first night was excellent the second night we had loud guest take the room beside us and kept us awake. After several complaining phone calls to the front desk things did get better and the next morning the loud guests were charged for half of our night stay and we paid the other half.

Very comfortable nice courteous staff.

• Reviewed: March 18, 2019

overall very nice hotel, with reasonable price. Thanks
    • Classic Room with Two Queen Beds

the pool water is a bit too cold

the location is excellent. Hotel room is very neat and clean, obviously upgraded decoration and furniture, very pleasant stay.

• Reviewed: March 18, 2019

Good location but the room left something to be desired.
    • Queen Room with Park View

The room was not sound proof at all. Was woken up each morning by people in the rooms near us and by people in the hallway. Everything could be heard loud and clear. The gap underneath the door was too large. This probably did not help the sound proofing but also let in a ton of light during the night which prevented the room from getting completely dark. The bathroom was too small. It was hard to get in and out of. Impossible for 2 people to get ready in at the same time.

Location was great. bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: March 18, 2019

Great location but not a warm or friendly staff. Customer service did not seem to be a consideration
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Park View

The staff was average. Mistakes were made upon our arrival with the reservation billing. The level of service was not what I'd expect from a hotel of such perceived quality.

The location was fantastic.

• Reviewed: March 16, 2019

Single queen bedroom for couple plus 11 yr child
    • Classic Queen Room

I booked a room for my family: 2 adults, one 11 yr child and ended up on a single bed room. The bed was a queen size. I don't know if the error was from Bookings.com or the hotel itself but they were unable to move me to another room and my son had to sleep on the floor the first night. Some staff was extremely helpful and got us extra blankets for him to sleep in. Parking was expensive

Staff was great but policies are very strict

• Reviewed: March 14, 2019

Our stay was great, we booked very last minute (like the day...
    • Classic Queen Room

Only hiccup was the parking was VERY expensive. $40 for the night. Now given it is valet parking so i understand but I find this too expensive, as this cost almost a third of our room price. We were able to get the price reduced as no one mentioned this price to us at check in. If you're planning on bringing a car I would actually recommend parking at a lot nearby and save the cost.

Our stay was great, we booked very last minute (like the day before) and were able to get a sale rate which was great. We checked in late and the staff was very friendly and was able to upgrade our room which was nice. Great location, walking distance to the market and lots of cute restaurants.

• Reviewed: March 11, 2019

The customer service is always above par;
    • King Room with Park View

My only disappointment is that they no longer allow pets. They were always so good to our dog, and treated him with as much respect as any other guest. I wish they would reconsider that rule.

The customer service is always above par; they truly care and want to help. My husband had just been discharged from the hospital so I requested some extra pillows at almost midnight. They knocked on our door less than ten minutes later with SIX (!) pillows, asking if there was anything else they could do to make him more comfortable. Nothing is too much to ask. As someone who works in customer service, this means a lot to me.

• Reviewed: March 7, 2019

See answer below.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Park View

This is a ridiculous survey which you've sent to me at least five times - it's like you're desperate for feedback however I don't have enough options to accurately respond to most questions. For example, with travel companions, I can't identify going with siblings if they're NOT under 18. When I registered and paid for the room through booking.com, at NO POINT did I actually receive an email from you indicating the payment and receipt of my room. When I got to the Lord Elgin in Ottawa they kept saying that they COULDN'T TELL met the rate because I paid for it through you. No email no communication at all. It all seemed a little unusual and uncomfortable. Not sure if I'll use booking.com again. The hotel was great.

See answer below. Not keen on booking.com at all!!

• Reviewed: March 4, 2019

It was a real treat to stay in this iconic Ottawa institution.
    • King Room with Park View

The pillows were too thick.

Loved the view, the pool, the original features & architecture, fresh flowers, central location, and the fact that it’s not been bought out by Fairmont or some such monster.

• Reviewed: February 28, 2019

ok
    • Classic Queen Room

You would expect the architecture outside to be similar inside but it looked tired. Maintenance not up to par. Windows very old and lots of cold coming through them and not well insulated but the staff was top notch therefore we still had a great time. If it wasn't for them we would have been very disappointed. Starbucks café at hotel was a nice plus as well.

• Reviewed: February 21, 2019

Not worth the price
    • Classic Queen Room

The small room with drafty windows (closed but felt open based on drafts and noise). 3 pillows only, should be 4 especially when only 1 bed in the room. Too small for the price.

• Reviewed: February 21, 2019

Great location and facilities.

All good.

Great location and facilities. Starbucks in the lobby. Porters were very helpful and friendly - makes a real difference in arriving and leaving.

• Reviewed: February 20, 2019

Terrible experience!
    • Classic Room with Two Queen Beds

Everything could be better. First of all they put me , my husband and my son in a room with a single bed, cause they said Booking.com sent them just 2 adults - not true. I had to pay extra for a bedroom with 2 queen size bed. Swimming pool water cold - my son got sick. Parking a mess, a lot of cars parking in front of the Hotel, you had to wait 30 minutes on the street to get in with your car and wait more 15 minutes to get out with your car. Bathroom with a loudly flush toilet, horrible. Never more!!! Expensive Hotel for a terrible service!

Only the location

• Reviewed: February 20, 2019

The bed was amazing.
    • Classic Queen Room

The bed was amazing. Mattress especially comfortable. Also the restaurant was excellent. The manager got me a bowl of soup after the restaurant had closed which was all I needed to make my evening complete.

• Reviewed: February 19, 2019

I liked my room. My view and the location was great
    • Queen Room with Park View

Hot tub was out of order. For some reason my room did not get cleaned on the Sunday. Restaurants the salads were overdressed and a little overpriced.

Lord Elgin is conveniently located to all Winterlude activities

• Reviewed: February 18, 2019

Lord elgin.
    • Classic Queen Room

Noisy heating fan in room. Not notified of Whirlpool not working. Over cooked Scallops and shrimp skewers at Grill 41 restaurant. Way too expensive valet parking. No microwave in room.

Friendly staff. Location. Easy upgrade to front of hotel. $30.00 for 2 nights. Gluten free meals possible at Grill 41.

• Reviewed: February 18, 2019

The only criticism I had is the noise.
    • Classic Room with Two Queen Beds

The only criticism I had is the noise. Walls are thin. On our floor lots of screaming kids early in the morning and lots of slamming of doors. Other than that great hotel and great location. Beds really comfortable

• Reviewed: February 17, 2019

The staff were awesome.
    • Classic Room with Two Queen Beds

My family loved everything about it except that the hot tub was broke but completely understandable as nothing lasts forever lol

The staff were awesome...the room was excellent

• Reviewed: February 11, 2019

Staff was friendly
    • Queen Room with Park View

Room size, very small for cost of room. The parking is very expensive and no other choice close by. Access to check in is difficult as no parking truly available at front of building. No continental breakfast included

Staff was friendly

• Reviewed: February 11, 2019

Good location, friendly staff
    • Queen Room with Park View

The lack of parking is quite inconvenient. We did use valet parking but it is extra money per day.

The location of the hotel is great and close to historical sites and shopping. The staff were friendly and very helpful.

• Reviewed: February 10, 2019

The location was beautiful.
    • Queen Room with Park View

The heating in our room didn’t work. There was no fitted sheet on the bed only a flat sheet. The hot tub was closed for maintenance, they did however give the option to go to a sister hotel. This was not an option for most though seeing the very cold weather and having wet hair do not mix well.

The location was beautiful. Has great historical value.

• Reviewed: February 10, 2019

• Classic Queen Room

Mid February cold outside and looking forward to a hot tub but it was not working xnd the pool was freezing. No sauna either. The bathroom was crowded and tiny.

Location, location, location. Best place gor skating ghe Rideau canal bar none. Free parking at City Hall across the street was a great option over paying $30 a night at hotel too.

• Reviewed: February 9, 2019

. bed comfy
    • Classic Queen Room

. room coffee seemed old / stale. . coffee brewer needs a cleaning. . suggest that the LE provide proper coffee cups / mugs instead of the grungy paper variety.

. bed comfy . room clean & quiet . efficient & friendly checkin staff . excellent conciege . excellent location . enjoyable stay.

• Reviewed: February 3, 2019

A very pleasant stay in a prime location. We had a lovely time at interlude.
    • Classic Queen Room

Internet service is quite slow. Please offer tea in the room as well as coffee.

Very quiet room with a lovely comfy bed. Heating system kept up warm without being too drying.

• Reviewed: January 31, 2019

Overall we had a great stay at the Lord Elgin and in Ottawa.
    • Classic Queen Room

We paid for an upgraded king suite with high speed internet, but we found the internet to not be very good so wasn't fully worth it.

The location of the hotel was great. Short walk to the Byward market, the mall, and other major attractions in downtown Ottawa. The room was nice and clean and the staff were accommodating.

• Reviewed: January 29, 2019

Great location, clean rooms, nice staff.
    • Queen Room with Park View

The valet situation could be advertised better. Most people outside, including us, were not sure where to park, if there was a lot or not, etc.

The staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. Willing to tell us about free parking nearby, were not greedy and cared about customer experience.

• Reviewed: January 23, 2019

Beautiful property, friendly staff and great location.
    • Classic King Room

You could hear absolutely everything from the room next to us. Every cough and snore. Maybe it was just our room but it was pretty bad.

Beautiful property, friendly staff and great location.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2019

The Lord Elgin is steeped in history as well as in a...

Not applicable.

The Lord Elgin is steeped in history as well as in a fantastic location with Parliament Hill, the Rideau Canal and many shops and restaurants a short walk, or in the colder months, an even shorted drive away. Staff were friendly and willing to help wherever possible making this stay an even greater pleasure!

• Reviewed: January 1, 2019

Overall a pleasant stay. Location is great. Staff very helpul.
    • Classic Queen Room

Mattress was overly firm and was not comfortable - felt like sleeping on a box spring.

King room size was good. Very clean. View of park was beautiful.

• Reviewed: December 14, 2018

Great stay at this central hotel.
    • Classic Queen Room

It was noisy. You can hear the toilet flushing in rooms around you and you can also hear water running. Every time a door closed it’s was quite noisy.

Great stay at this central hotel. Terrific for exploring Ottawa with its central location. The hotel was comfortable and the rooms in good condition. It’s not a luxury hotel but it was ideal for a short work trip. Very enjoyable.

• Reviewed: December 12, 2018

Exceeded our Expectations

It was All Wonderful!!!

This was Christmas 🎄 gift n a getaway together being a tourist in Our Own City ! We loved the 2 nights at Lord Elgin ! Definitely will return 😀😀

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

Historical building

Dated facilities

Historical appeal, excellent central location, nearby free parking on weekends, nice fireplace in the lobby, Starbucks on site, room with beautiful park view

• Reviewed: December 9, 2018

Sub par
    • Classic Queen Room

The bathroom door in our room, which was a sliding door wouldn’t close. Rooms are small for price. Staff and customer service experience was mixed. Staff at restaurant attached were rude and ignored tables - had to go to bar to get to go bag after asking twice and even he was irritated We asked (West 45 or something) and food was terrible. Valet staff were kind! Front staff were kind in my experience but rude to partner.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

Lovely space, lots of charming detail. Would stay there again.
    • Classic Room with Two Queen Beds

The water from the sink was either really hot or really cold, unless I was VERY exact with the positioning of the faucet lever.

The check in process was easy, they were friendly, the common areas were very handsome, and the room was pretty comfy!

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Great spot and service
    • Queen Room with Park View

Personal preference: bed could have been slightly firmer.

The location, price, and recommendation from my sister led us to book a room, which was clean, comfortable, and nicely decorated. The staff were excellent, friendly, helpful, confident.

• Reviewed: November 25, 2018

We liked everything about the lord elgin.
    • Classic King Room

We liked everything about the lord elgin. Exceptional clean rooms and the staff were friendly and very helpful. I would definitely recommend the lord elgin to anyone staying in ottawa.

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

Great stay. Will be back.
    • Classic Room with Two Queen Beds

We wanted to rent a movie but they didn't have any movie channels. And we wanted to order food in and couldn't find any flyers for restaurants. No worries though.

The whole place was great. All the staff go out of their way to help you.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

Clean comfortable and all you really need at a reasonable...
    • Classic Queen Room

Bar was a disaster. One foot from door. Scotch was very expensive and only 1 ounce. Never again. Served in a kitchen glass! No class or ambiance.

Clean comfortable and all you really need at a reasonable price.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

Dinosaurs
    • Executive King Room

Advertising COMPLIMENTARY "high speed internet with streaming capabilities" is ridiculous. 0.1Mb/s is not high speed. It is a bit higher than dial-up, which was 20 years ago. And half the time I could not connect to the hotels wifi at all. This is in front of the parliament in the capital of a G7 country!

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

When we return to Ottawa, we will be staying at the Lord Elgin Hotel.
    • Classic Queen Room

The parking cost. I think that it would be an advantage to the hotel to include this service because I believe that people who stay will properly tip the valet service.

The hotel suited the purpose of our visit. The central location of the city of Ottawa enabled us to enjoy our visit.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

It was a nice hotel and good value for the money
    • King Room with Park View

The room was too small with a King Size Bed...and the room was dark...

Location and view were very nice. The staff were friendly and check in was seamless. Valet parking was ideal. Great modern bathroom!

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

A fine hotel staffed by great folks in an outstanding location within easy access of everything.
    • Classic Queen Room

You negotiated a fabulous rate ! The room was tremendous value for the money. Gym was modest but fine. Staff were excellent. You felt like you were special.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2018

Excellent Family Getaway - easy walk to Parliament
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Park View

There were not a lot of family friendly restaurant options close by.

The hotel had our room ready early, as well a Birthday card and treats for my husband.

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

Excellent!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Park View

Beds were comfortable, rooms were very clean. Bathrooms were nicely updated with plenty of towels and toiletries. Location was within walking distance to lots of tourist attractions and shopping. Would definitely stay at Lord Elgin next visit.

• Reviewed: October 21, 2018

Good facilities, poor value, poor service.
    • Classic Room with Two Queen Beds

Had coffee to go from Bar and Grill in the morning. Two coffees for $10 seemed a little steep. Coffee was tepid and very bitter. We never finished it. When checking out I mentioned this to the front desk who said they could not reverse the charge. I'd have to go to the restaurant and get them to reverse the charge. A $500 stay .....what poor judgement not reversing the charge at the front desk, expecting me to go and to the restaurant to make my case....this is NOT A 5 STAR HOTEL.

• Reviewed: October 17, 2018

We were very comfortable in our room and all the staff were friendly and helpful
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Park View

Really would have liked a microwave.

Bed was comfortable, housekeeping staff were friendly and helpful, proximity to places we wanted to visit, view from room

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

The hotel is a nice central place to stay, but if you are on a budget would recommend staying elsewh
    • Classic Queen Room

The tiny room was not worth the price. Could have at least included daily newspaper and continental breakfast.

We were not given free crossants. The location is very central and close to all the sites. Room and bathroom are very clean and bed is very comfortable.

• Reviewed: October 13, 2018

In overall was a good hotel
    • Queen Room with Park View

Restaurant in he hotel need improvement in the food. Not much variety for breakfast and quality oy of food.

The location was very good near or short walking distance of tourist attractions.

We Price Match