Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton West Edmonton 3 stars

16615- 109th Avenue, Northwest Edmonton, T5P 4K8 Edmonton, Canada

#13 of 102 hotels in Edmonton

I always stay at this hotel because it still has the “newness” feel However this past visit that the carpets were stained and they didn’t have water bottles on the tables just little things that made me go however this past visit the carpets were stained they didn’t have water bottles on the tables just little things that made me go “hmmmm”.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The only downfall was the elevator wait time

Great location just a few min from everything including west Ed mall. The room was spacious and comfortable with little sound bleeding from the hallways.

Excellent service from staff at the front desk, food at restaurant was great, its close to the west edmonton mall. It is very clean, over our expectation and we truly recommend it. We did lots of hotel in Edmonton and surely one of the best. We’ll be back.

Housekeeping could use a boost. Washroom was not cleaned properly and there was only one coffee cup in the room. We did mention to front desk these small issues and they immediately and sincerely apologized. It was good that they respected our feedback.

Very comfortable room! The location of this hotel is great for access to many of Edmonton’s major places to visit and enjoy.

Nothing really comes to mind that we didn't like.

Great facilities, room amazingly clean, welcome cookie at check in and the most accommodating, helpful and friendly staff. Bar has great cocktails, breakfast buffet is also pretty great. We enjoyed our stay very much and will be back.

I pretty much live in and out of hotels and after a long drive and day I got back to the room and ordered takeout. When take out arrived the front desk called and demanded I had to come down to receive my food and they would not allow the pizza guy to come up. . While after being out of shower and in shorts and t shirt I had to get re dressed and walk all the way down to the lobby to pay and get my take out. I order a lot this way being on the road and have never had a hotel make me come down to lobby. For this main reason I will never stay at this location ever again as it left a very sour taste in my mouth. Hate the lay out of the junior suite . Could use the tv remote from the bed as was to far and lamp in the view of tv from bed. Elevator is a long distance and felt like they put me in the furthest room possible as they seen me having to carry 3 bags up with me was odd. If junior suits are all that far of walks I feel was very poorly laid out. Must of been a party floor cuz could hear people in Hallway most of night .

Bed was comfortable

Elevators need key card EVERY TIME, very confusing when front desk doesn't tell you. carpets. Swimming pool is cold.

King bed. roll in shower. Good food and theater. Close to west ed mall.

We booked here because there is a pool and We didn't end up swimming in the pool bc it had green stuff all over the bottom, it looked really gross. Breakfast is super expensive. My 2 year old got a bug bite on his forehead when I caught him rolling aroubd on the carpet, I am usually careful not to let the kids place anything or play on the floor.

Comfortable beds, aesthetically pleasing hotel, very friendly staff.

This was the old Mayfair Inn and I was completely impressed in the re-design and overhaul of the facilities and rooms. I was upgraded to a King Suite because I am a Hilton member. My accommodation was beautifully laid out, very roomy, nice colour scheme, separate area for coffee and prep was nicely designed, excellent large executive desk, comfortable and spacious living room, and separate bedroom. Living room and bedroom had large windows with flat screen TVs. This is a huge improvement from the last time I stayed there for a conference which was some time ago. Also. the large conference cafe space that was situated in close proximity to our large meeting space was replenished with the small bites breakfast, snacks, and lunch items . The cafe interior design, seating and display of food was also thoughtfully designed, modern and accented with diverse seating groupings. There were always staff there replenishing the food and drinks.

I am a little upset that I have a pending charge of 179.00, when I checked out I was charge 212.00 Just wondering why my pending deposit is still not removed. As well for a luxury hotel I was very surprised that there was no deluxe incidentals like shower cap, and makeup remover cloth. When I am traveling I like to pack light. These necessities although small very needed. We decided to get breakfast via room service Instead of going else where. Breakfast was very very good, the lady who delivered it was very professional with lots of truth to her. We Gave a tip at the door and a $500 tip upon the signing of the MasterCard which was charged to the room. Upon check out we had been charged a room service fee along with a $12,41 gratuity fee for the room service.

Love the diversity of the hotel. The warm cookies upon arrival The design of the rooms. Beds were comfortable. Great checkout time 12pm.

In the pictures it showed the area where they served breakfast. Automatically thought breakfast was included as it was listed in one of our preferences. Little did we know we approved the conditions and breakfast was not on there. For $400 for 3 nights we expected to be at least fed breakfast. Hugely disappointed.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Booking.com did not make a reservation at all even though I got a confirmation number from Booking.com and the Hotel staff found me a room and got me out of a bind ! Not impressed at all with the site !!

Front desk staff were excellent

Staff are really friendly and helpful, the suite is big and the bed is really comfy. Lots of selections in breakfast buffet, and really delicious.

More friendly front desk staff.

The restaurant staff were amazing. Megan remembered making me the most delicious drink from 2 years ago and Natalie was super helpful. Incredible staff. Wow you need way more people like Megan!!!!! Thanks. 2 years ago and she said hi. Wow!

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

• King Two Bedroom Suite

Checking in took a long time because only one person was working when I checked in and the front desk took a long time to answer the phone

I like the style of the suite but the room service and the stuff should be upgraded the stuff were good I just wanted them to be more open

Dirty towels from previous stay wasn't cleaned properly had to address with front desk twice, booking.com listed as there's a hot tub which there wasn't. That was a disappointment was were looking forward to that.

Very nice updated hotel

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

The bed we had was definitely well used & broken in. The mattress definitely needed to be replaced.

The hotel was beautifully decorated & rooms are done to modern standards.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

The bottom of pool wasn't clean. And there was no hot tub!! It was stated on this website that there was. Very disappointing with the false advertising

Comfy beds

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

The bed was like crawling into a diaper, the furnace was very loud, the site stated there was a hot tub and there was not one, static in the blankets and sheets, the food was way too expensive for the cost of the room, the price stated that we would pay was way lower than the actual cost and the parking lot was hard to find a spot

The room was nice to look at

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• King Room - Accessible - Roll-In Shower

I could not change the booking when I arrived because I booked online.

We appreciated being comped breakfast for inconvenience of having to change rooms at midnight.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

The snack shack is very expensive. No vending machines on any of the floors you have to use their snack shack.

Great location the staff were very accommodating.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Pool floor was slippery tile. Dangerous with small kids. Fire alarm light in the room flashed brightly at night time disturbing my child's sleep.

Beds were comfy. Bathrooms were beautiful. Free bottled water. Good location.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Because we booked threw you we did not get the complimenty breakfast that every one else got. That was disappointing.

We were there for a wedding everything under one roof venue was awsome

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

I seen some pets in hotel and that drives me crazy just to think I might have slept in a bed that might have had a dog in it. That's disgustingly gross.

Bed was very good.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

The front desk staff were not pleasant. They made changing a room very complicated and than were rude.

The double queen room is small and not recommended for a family. The upgraded suites was worth the money, very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• King Room - Accessible - Roll-In Shower

So-So and Unsecured WiFi .. or you can pay extra daily to upgrade to better and secure WiFi... I get secure high speed internet access across town that charge only $90 per night that comes with continental breakfast !

sumptuous accommodation, excellent housekeeping, cheerful staff. accessible shower for limited mobility traveller, but charges a premium for that.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

The pool is smaller than it appears in pictures. Food trays left in hallways for long periods throughout the day. Staff loud in the hallways in the morning.

Great Buffett

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

The maids were very polite and efficient. Excellent service. Also, only about the third time that I've had a good meal from room service-- it was great

Wish the breakfast buffet - also amazing - was discounted with a stay.

Room and bed very comfy and quiet. The staff are always amazing to deal with. Plus you get warm cookies upon checking in!!!

The room was set up for the regular one to two people, so I had to ask for more towels as there were four of us (family). But it was ok as there were staff around to help out.

Cookies upon arrival were awesome! Bed was comfy, room clean - it was all great.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

There's no hot tub.

12:00 checkout was great and we were surprised to receive cookies when we checked in! Also a decent price for a room with a king size bed.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Parking lot is not in good shape

The room and bed were very comfy and the staff in the restaurant serving breakfast were exceptional in customer service

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

The breakfast was too much money so we never ate there. I was really looking forward to a hot tub after a long day off traveling but was very disappointed to find there wasn't one.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

When you have a party of 3 booked into a suite with one bed and one sofa bed, the sofa bed should already be made up. Our daughter went back to the hotel early to get the baby to bed, and had to call housekeeping quite late to come in and make it up. It was most inconvenient to her.

We enjoyed the space of our one bedroom suite, as we were travelling with a 14 month old and our adult daughter. There was definitely an abundance of space and amenities, as well as light. Very clean and modern property!

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

we loved the cleanliness of the room. we stayed in the king suite. Living room had a sofa bed. the bathroom was beautiful. we came on a roadtrip so we had our own blankets and pillows, special thanks to the housekeepers on making our beds so nice and neat.

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

A bigger pool and maybe some pool toys

I loved the attention to detail , the staff were just great we were traveling with our two grandchildren and the cookies at check in were wonderful they upgraded us to a suite it was great

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

Wifi? What wifi? Dogs barking at all hours, rude condisending staff - pass pass pass not recommended

The rate was okay however we were placed in a horrible area (call it the dog floor?) yelling down the hall to remind ignorant dog owners they are in a hotel at 7 am... Not how I envisioned my stay Perhaps get us back for finding a great rate through booking

N/a

The staff was very accommodating and kept in contact via text so I could even request things while away from the hotel.

Large hotel and very quiet.

comfort of beds

The cleanliness of the pet friendly room

Telus movie on demand for kids

The staff was amazing

Their breakfast buffet is excellent

Clean and comfortable

pricey

Food was excellent.

The friendly staff and comfy beds and the warm yummy cookies you get upon check in.. the buffet is totally worth it. Thank you HHonors

Friendly staff throughout the hotel.

I liked everything

I didn’t use the business center or eat breakfast there so.

Clean and comfortable facilities. Very friendly staff and great service.

• King Room - Accessible - Roll-In Shower

Tv not working in bedroom

Cookies at check in

Nose of adjacent room, banging of corridor doors and acoustics in general.

Staff, access, room cleanses, and bed were good

Fridge in our room did not work

Cleanliness

Was disappointed that there was no hot tub!

Suite was very nice and beds were comfy

Close to wem and freeways.

I know it will be the same as the last visit.

The room rate of $149.00 per night was not the $139.00 that the Royal Canadian Legion had arranged for its members stay during the Conference

Cold shower, way over priced food. Pool was lousy, small and cold.

Buffet had lots to offer and was really good.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Easily accessible for walkers and wheelchairs. Delicious warm cookies on arrival!

The sheets on the bed felt like wax paper and wasn't very comfy

Would have liked covered parking to protect rented vehicle from storms

Café staff wer very friendly and attentive

Parking

Bright, clean and friendly

King Suite is the way to go!!!!!

No microwave

Didn't have breakfast at location

quite far from city centre,

Fine among the level of double tree in the world.

Kids found pool boering

Brunch had a great variety! Staff very friendly.

Bed was uncomfortable .

Cleanliness

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Pool didn't have towels available

Staff

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

Restaurant and bar on property, king suites are big, lots of windows and separation for families

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

Restaurant was very pricey so we went and ate elsewhere.

Beds were a sooooooo comfy staff was great and was overall amazing hotel.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

No breakfast included in the price! Breakfast cost extra 👎

Cookies and the bedding!

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Wasn't a very central location to where we were going

It was a really nice looking hotel especially considering how much we paid for it

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

No gluten free choices at the lounge.(beer or appetizers)

No help couldn't get complementary breakfast cause booked 3rd party they did not show care that we were there

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

more selection at breakfast

I have stayed here before. One always knows what to expect