Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton West Edmonton This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

16615- 109th Avenue, Northwest Edmonton, T5P 4K8 Edmonton, Canada

#13 of 102 hotels in Edmonton

• Reviewed: April 26, 2018

I always stay at this hotel because it still has the...

I always stay at this hotel because it still has the “newness” feel However this past visit that the carpets were stained and they didn’t have water bottles on the tables just little things that made me go however this past visit the carpets were stained they didn’t have water bottles on the tables just little things that made me go “hmmmm”.

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

Great location just a few min from everything including west...
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The only downfall was the elevator wait time

Great location just a few min from everything including west Ed mall. The room was spacious and comfortable with little sound bleeding from the hallways.

• Reviewed: February 10, 2018

Excellent service from staff at the front desk, food at...

Excellent service from staff at the front desk, food at restaurant was great, its close to the west edmonton mall. It is very clean, over our expectation and we truly recommend it. We did lots of hotel in Edmonton and surely one of the best. We’ll be back.

• Reviewed: December 7, 2017

Our stay was enjoyable and everything we experienced in Edm. was festive and fun.

Housekeeping could use a boost. Washroom was not cleaned properly and there was only one coffee cup in the room. We did mention to front desk these small issues and they immediately and sincerely apologized. It was good that they respected our feedback.

Very comfortable room! The location of this hotel is great for access to many of Edmonton’s major places to visit and enjoy.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

Facilities, drinks, food, location and staff all great

Nothing really comes to mind that we didn't like.

Great facilities, room amazingly clean, welcome cookie at check in and the most accommodating, helpful and friendly staff. Bar has great cocktails, breakfast buffet is also pretty great. We enjoyed our stay very much and will be back.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

Would never recommend this hotel to anyone

I pretty much live in and out of hotels and after a long drive and day I got back to the room and ordered takeout. When take out arrived the front desk called and demanded I had to come down to receive my food and they would not allow the pizza guy to come up. . While after being out of shower and in shorts and t shirt I had to get re dressed and walk all the way down to the lobby to pay and get my take out. I order a lot this way being on the road and have never had a hotel make me come down to lobby. For this main reason I will never stay at this location ever again as it left a very sour taste in my mouth. Hate the lay out of the junior suite . Could use the tv remote from the bed as was to far and lamp in the view of tv from bed. Elevator is a long distance and felt like they put me in the furthest room possible as they seen me having to carry 3 bags up with me was odd. If junior suits are all that far of walks I feel was very poorly laid out. Must of been a party floor cuz could hear people in Hallway most of night .

Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: October 18, 2017

Good experience none the less. Favorite place.

Elevators need key card EVERY TIME, very confusing when front desk doesn't tell you. carpets. Swimming pool is cold.

King bed. roll in shower. Good food and theater. Close to west ed mall.

• Reviewed: October 14, 2017

Decent hotel but not really family friendly in my opinion.

We booked here because there is a pool and We didn't end up swimming in the pool bc it had green stuff all over the bottom, it looked really gross. Breakfast is super expensive. My 2 year old got a bug bite on his forehead when I caught him rolling aroubd on the carpet, I am usually careful not to let the kids place anything or play on the floor.

Comfortable beds, aesthetically pleasing hotel, very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2017

This is an absolutely excellent hotel for a conference, wedding, or PD seminar!

This was the old Mayfair Inn and I was completely impressed in the re-design and overhaul of the facilities and rooms. I was upgraded to a King Suite because I am a Hilton member. My accommodation was beautifully laid out, very roomy, nice colour scheme, separate area for coffee and prep was nicely designed, excellent large executive desk, comfortable and spacious living room, and separate bedroom. Living room and bedroom had large windows with flat screen TVs. This is a huge improvement from the last time I stayed there for a conference which was some time ago. Also. the large conference cafe space that was situated in close proximity to our large meeting space was replenished with the small bites breakfast, snacks, and lunch items . The cafe interior design, seating and display of food was also thoughtfully designed, modern and accented with diverse seating groupings. There were always staff there replenishing the food and drinks.

• Reviewed: September 7, 2017

Love the diversity of the hotel.

I am a little upset that I have a pending charge of 179.00, when I checked out I was charge 212.00 Just wondering why my pending deposit is still not removed. As well for a luxury hotel I was very surprised that there was no deluxe incidentals like shower cap, and makeup remover cloth. When I am traveling I like to pack light. These necessities although small very needed. We decided to get breakfast via room service Instead of going else where. Breakfast was very very good, the lady who delivered it was very professional with lots of truth to her. We Gave a tip at the door and a $500 tip upon the signing of the MasterCard which was charged to the room. Upon check out we had been charged a room service fee along with a $12,41 gratuity fee for the room service.

Love the diversity of the hotel. The warm cookies upon arrival The design of the rooms. Beds were comfortable. Great checkout time 12pm.

• Reviewed: June 21, 2017

No breakfast

In the pictures it showed the area where they served breakfast. Automatically thought breakfast was included as it was listed in one of our preferences. Little did we know we approved the conditions and breakfast was not on there. For $400 for 3 nights we expected to be at least fed breakfast. Hugely disappointed.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2017

Front desk staff were excellent

Booking.com did not make a reservation at all even though I got a confirmation number from Booking.com and the Hotel staff found me a room and got me out of a bind ! Not impressed at all with the site !!

Front desk staff were excellent

• Reviewed: April 11, 2017

DoubleTree is always my favorate, I will come back again.

Staff are really friendly and helpful, the suite is big and the bed is really comfy. Lots of selections in breakfast buffet, and really delicious.

• Reviewed: March 20, 2017

Go to the lounge/restaurant!

More friendly front desk staff.

The restaurant staff were amazing. Megan remembered making me the most delicious drink from 2 years ago and Natalie was super helpful. Incredible staff. Wow you need way more people like Megan!!!!! Thanks. 2 years ago and she said hi. Wow!

• Reviewed: January 20, 2017

Professional staff is all they need
    • King Two Bedroom Suite

Checking in took a long time because only one person was working when I checked in and the front desk took a long time to answer the phone

I like the style of the suite but the room service and the stuff should be upgraded the stuff were good I just wanted them to be more open

• Reviewed: January 3, 2017

Nice hotel, wasn't on top of room cleanliness, no hot tub.

Dirty towels from previous stay wasn't cleaned properly had to address with front desk twice, booking.com listed as there's a hot tub which there wasn't. That was a disappointment was were looking forward to that.

Very nice updated hotel

• Reviewed: January 1, 2017

The hotel was beautifully decorated & rooms are done to...

The bed we had was definitely well used & broken in. The mattress definitely needed to be replaced.

The hotel was beautifully decorated & rooms are done to modern standards.

• Reviewed: December 29, 2016

Comfy beds

The bottom of pool wasn't clean. And there was no hot tub!! It was stated on this website that there was. Very disappointing with the false advertising

Comfy beds

• Reviewed: December 19, 2016

Not happy
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The bed was like crawling into a diaper, the furnace was very loud, the site stated there was a hot tub and there was not one, static in the blankets and sheets, the food was way too expensive for the cost of the room, the price stated that we would pay was way lower than the actual cost and the parking lot was hard to find a spot

The room was nice to look at

• Reviewed: December 13, 2016

Nice place
    • King Room - Accessible - Roll-In Shower

I could not change the booking when I arrived because I booked online.

We appreciated being comped breakfast for inconvenience of having to change rooms at midnight.

• Reviewed: December 9, 2016

CFR RODEO VISIT

The snack shack is very expensive. No vending machines on any of the floors you have to use their snack shack.

Great location the staff were very accommodating.

• Reviewed: November 15, 2016

Beds were comfy.

Pool floor was slippery tile. Dangerous with small kids. Fire alarm light in the room flashed brightly at night time disturbing my child's sleep.

Beds were comfy. Bathrooms were beautiful. Free bottled water. Good location.

• Reviewed: October 5, 2016

We were there for a wedding everything under one roof venue...

Because we booked threw you we did not get the complimenty breakfast that every one else got. That was disappointing.

We were there for a wedding everything under one roof venue was awsome

• Reviewed: September 30, 2016

Very happy.

I seen some pets in hotel and that drives me crazy just to think I might have slept in a bed that might have had a dog in it. That's disgustingly gross.

Bed was very good.

• Reviewed: September 30, 2016

clean confortable rooms, unfriendly rude front staff.

The front desk staff were not pleasant. They made changing a room very complicated and than were rude.

The double queen room is small and not recommended for a family. The upgraded suites was worth the money, very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: September 20, 2016

Charging too much for wheelchair accessible accommodation
    • King Room - Accessible - Roll-In Shower

So-So and Unsecured WiFi .. or you can pay extra daily to upgrade to better and secure WiFi... I get secure high speed internet access across town that charge only $90 per night that comes with continental breakfast !

sumptuous accommodation, excellent housekeeping, cheerful staff. accessible shower for limited mobility traveller, but charges a premium for that.

• Reviewed: September 10, 2016

Weekend get away, good overall

The pool is smaller than it appears in pictures. Food trays left in hallways for long periods throughout the day. Staff loud in the hallways in the morning.

Great Buffett

• Reviewed: September 8, 2016

The maids were very polite and efficient.

The maids were very polite and efficient. Excellent service. Also, only about the third time that I've had a good meal from room service-- it was great

• Reviewed: September 6, 2016

Room and bed very comfy and quiet.

Wish the breakfast buffet - also amazing - was discounted with a stay.

Room and bed very comfy and quiet. The staff are always amazing to deal with. Plus you get warm cookies upon checking in!!!

• Reviewed: September 6, 2016

Cookies upon arrival were awesome!

The room was set up for the regular one to two people, so I had to ask for more towels as there were four of us (family). But it was ok as there were staff around to help out.

Cookies upon arrival were awesome! Bed was comfy, room clean - it was all great.

• Reviewed: August 25, 2016

12:00 checkout was great and we were surprised to receive...

There's no hot tub.

12:00 checkout was great and we were surprised to receive cookies when we checked in! Also a decent price for a room with a king size bed.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2016

What a great stay!!!

Parking lot is not in good shape

The room and bed were very comfy and the staff in the restaurant serving breakfast were exceptional in customer service

• Reviewed: August 4, 2016

The breakfast was too much money so we never ate there.

The breakfast was too much money so we never ate there. I was really looking forward to a hot tub after a long day off traveling but was very disappointed to find there wasn't one.

• Reviewed: July 31, 2016

More than met our needs, and very helpful friendly frontline staff!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

When you have a party of 3 booked into a suite with one bed and one sofa bed, the sofa bed should already be made up. Our daughter went back to the hotel early to get the baby to bed, and had to call housekeeping quite late to come in and make it up. It was most inconvenient to her.

We enjoyed the space of our one bedroom suite, as we were travelling with a 14 month old and our adult daughter. There was definitely an abundance of space and amenities, as well as light. Very clean and modern property!

• Reviewed: July 26, 2016

next time we come back to edmonton, we'd stay here again!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

we loved the cleanliness of the room. we stayed in the king suite. Living room had a sofa bed. the bathroom was beautiful. we came on a roadtrip so we had our own blankets and pillows, special thanks to the housekeepers on making our beds so nice and neat.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

Excellent service and very relaxing time.

N/a

The staff was very accommodating and kept in contact via text so I could even request things while away from the hotel.

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

Excellent hotel

Large hotel and very quiet.

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

comfort of beds

• Reviewed: April 27, 2018

Ill prabably stay there again

The cleanliness of the pet friendly room

Telus movie on demand for kids

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

Would stay there again

The staff was amazing

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Very good. We got to check in early.

Their breakfast buffet is excellent

• Reviewed: March 21, 2018

pricey

Food was excellent.

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

Great Location

The friendly staff and comfy beds and the warm yummy cookies you get upon check in.. the buffet is totally worth it. Thank you HHonors

• Reviewed: February 11, 2018

Restful after a busy day with a great meal each day of my stay!

Friendly staff throughout the hotel.

• Reviewed: February 10, 2018

I didn’t use the business center or eat breakfast there so.

I liked everything

I didn’t use the business center or eat breakfast there so.

• Reviewed: January 17, 2018

Fantastic place to stay for a city trip.

Clean and comfortable facilities. Very friendly staff and great service.

• Reviewed: January 3, 2018

Location is awesome
    • King Room - Accessible - Roll-In Shower

Tv not working in bedroom

Cookies at check in

• Reviewed: December 2, 2017

Adequate but not special

Nose of adjacent room, banging of corridor doors and acoustics in general.

Staff, access, room cleanses, and bed were good

• Reviewed: November 28, 2017

Fine but no fridge caused a great inconvenience

Fridge in our room did not work

• Reviewed: October 23, 2017

Was disappointed that there was no hot tub!

Was disappointed that there was no hot tub!

• Reviewed: October 22, 2017

Very excellent stay, will stay again

Suite was very nice and beds were comfy

• Reviewed: October 9, 2017

Awsome!

Close to wem and freeways.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2017

Come for a nite

I know it will be the same as the last visit.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2017

It was acceptable. Did not like the restaurant bar layout.

The room rate of $149.00 per night was not the $139.00 that the Royal Canadian Legion had arranged for its members stay during the Conference

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

Mediocre hotel. Did the trick but it was nothing special.

Cold shower, way over priced food. Pool was lousy, small and cold.

Buffet had lots to offer and was really good.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2017

Easily accessible for walkers and wheelchairs.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Easily accessible for walkers and wheelchairs. Delicious warm cookies on arrival!

• Reviewed: July 24, 2017

The sheets on the bed felt like wax paper and wasn't...

The sheets on the bed felt like wax paper and wasn't very comfy

• Reviewed: July 20, 2017

Clean comfortable hotel with great staff

Would have liked covered parking to protect rented vehicle from storms

Café staff wer very friendly and attentive

• Reviewed: July 10, 2017

Family weekend

Parking

Bright, clean and friendly

• Reviewed: July 3, 2017

Buffet and shopping, plus the king suite is awesome.

King Suite is the way to go!!!!!

• Reviewed: May 29, 2017

Nice quiet hotel

No microwave

Didn't have breakfast at location

• Reviewed: May 22, 2017

Fine among the level of double tree in the world.

quite far from city centre,

Fine among the level of double tree in the world.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2017

Brunch had a great variety!

Kids found pool boering

Brunch had a great variety! Staff very friendly.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2017

Bed was uncomfortable .

• Reviewed: April 22, 2017

Staff

Pool didn't have towels available

Staff

• Reviewed: April 22, 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

Restaurant and bar on property, king suites are big, lots of windows and separation for families

• Reviewed: April 21, 2017

Great place for a min vacay.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Restaurant was very pricey so we went and ate elsewhere.

Beds were a sooooooo comfy staff was great and was overall amazing hotel.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2017

Cookies and the bedding!

No breakfast included in the price! Breakfast cost extra 👎

Cookies and the bedding!

• Reviewed: March 25, 2017

It was a really nice looking hotel especially considering...

Wasn't a very central location to where we were going

It was a really nice looking hotel especially considering how much we paid for it

• Reviewed: March 22, 2017

No gluten free choices at the lounge.

No gluten free choices at the lounge.(beer or appetizers)

• Reviewed: March 20, 2017

Not happy

No help couldn't get complementary breakfast cause booked 3rd party they did not show care that we were there

• Reviewed: March 3, 2017

I have stayed here before.

more selection at breakfast

I have stayed here before. One always knows what to expect

• Reviewed: February 28, 2017

I always enjoy the welcome cookie

Keurig cups should be upgraded to recyclable kind.

I always enjoy the welcome cookie