Reviews of Monte Carlo Inn Brampton 3 stars

45 Coventry Road, L6T 4V7 Brampton, Canada

#8 of 14 hotels in Brampton

• Standard One King Room

The continental breakfast.. the area needs to be expanded... too crowded The menu needs more selections.. Exercise room too small and the air was stale

Good WIFI Bed very comfortable Very CLEAN

• Standard One King Room

TV mounted on wall in front of bed. Should be on counter and swivel so can sit on chairs to view

Close to location of business going to Breakfast included

• Standard One King Room

Remember those visits to Aunt Joyce back in the ‘70’s? Relive those simpler times with a visit to the Monte Carlo! The furnishings will take you back to the era of pre-IKEA pine dressers, complete with the scars from Cousin Roger’s bumping into them with his walker. The bathtub with it’s extend-a-pole shower curtain rod will provide entertainment for climbing in & out as it loses its grip and plummets to the ground, along with you. Aunt Joyce’s choices for the free baked goods @ St. Vincent de Paul will come to mind as you peruse the breakfast “buffet” with the turnovers lovingly cut in half. The bijou yogurt cups are a retro tribute to the days when dairy products separated.

• Queen Room

Poor location. Pickup from airport slow. Driver pleasant but dangerous. Blocked toilet first night. Clean but old fashioned

Staff where very helpful and friendly

• Standard One King Room

For the property to advertise "free shuttle service" is misleading. What is offered is "free" but it's a stretch to call it a "service". We were 2 hours from the time we phoned the hotel to request a shuttle until we arrived at the hotel. Even at that, we supposedly caught a ride with a shuttle that was going to a different Monte Carlo but offered to take us to our hotel. In the morning, the shuttle to the airport leaves only every 2 hours (4 am, 6 am, 8am, etc.). At that, the 6 am shuttle was 20 minutes late!! The hotel itself and the rooms are more than adequate but the shuttle service is horrible!!

The room was clean with a comfy bed. The breakfast room opened a few minutes early so that we were able to grab a quick bite bite before our 6 am shuttle.

• Standard One King Room

You have to pay extra to get a good breakfast which is suppose to be part of the deal. The refrigerator was small. . If you book breakfast with your room you should not have to pay extra for good one.

The staff are cool no problem

• Queen Room

The complimentary breakfast was set up so you would have to buy from the restaurant. Most hotels would at least provide eggs for free.

The property is very clean and I appreciate the free airport shuttle. It saved me a lot of time and money. The staff was polite, efficient, and accommodating. Also, the hotel is walking distance to shops and restaurants.

• Standard One King Room

The airport shuttle. I chose the property based on the shuttle; to my surprise it only ran every 2 hours!!! This really affected me! I had to decide whether to pay for a Taxi or risking being late.

Property is nice, and staff is nice. But 20 minutes from the airport.

• Standard One King Room

We arrived late and called for the free shuttle to be told it would be an hour. Shuttle only runs every two hours from the hotel. Booked the 6 am shuttle which did not show up until 6:20 even though his last trip would have been 4am and it took us only about 10 minutes to get to the airport. The breakfast was supposed to be open @ 6 but doors were not opened until after6:15 and everything was just starting to be put out. No plastic cutlery to even grab a yoghurt etc. The room was clean and comfortable as far as the linens and bathroom but the carpet had not been vacuumed. Overall we should have paid a bit more and stayed closer to the airport.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I wish the breakfast has egg and potato and some more vegitables the shuttle to the airport oftenly has some delays

I wish the breakfast has egg and potato and some more vegitables

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Paid extra for breakfast and received cold eggs and potatoes - it appears it was cooked previously and was reheated upon order - making it warm on the outside and cold on the inside. Advised the front desk and was informed the restaurant is a separate entity.

Comfortable bed, clean room

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

That there was only one door we could enter even though there is parking around the entire perimeter.

It was an okay property, nothing exceptional but fine hotel to stay one night.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

One of the front desk receptionist wasn't so pleasant ( needs to be abit more friendly) the buffet breakfast needs more options (didn't have much options).

Pretty much everything!

• Queen Room

TV did not work in our room. We arrived in the middle of the night so it wasn't a big issue but it would have been nice to have in the morning.

The bed was VERY comfortble

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No pool but that wasn't a deal breaker. Just would of been nice to have that's all.

Everything was perfect. The restaurant food was great and portions were a good amount.

• Standard One King Room

Disappointed with restaurant.. Breakfast was a disaster.. staff on Sunday.. young man.. was not helpful.. everything empty.. continually had to ask for refills napkins cutlery.. The Saturday night woman at the restaurant made our night.. she made a frustrating day all better.. Colette I believe.. wow

Staff was excellent.. very friendly

• Standard One King Room

Could not get room dark enough at sleep time. There was too much light through the window facing the street and inadequate curtains

Location and parking were excellent. Shopping and dining areas close by.

• Whirlpool Suite

The heat ... we was unable to set the temperature for our room ... The A/C directional we couldn't put it in a stationary position..... our 2nd TV didn't work ... The jacuzzi tub jets stopped working ...

Our room was better than we imagined... able to watch TV and sit in the jacuzzi

• Standard One King Room

There is nothing much that I didnt like. My overall stay was wonderful.

Excellent view, very clean. Excellent restaurant with tasty foods and very close to shopping areas.

• Standard One King Room

There wasn't anything to dislike, but the lift used to close forcibly if the door is kept open for a long time while getting the luggage bags shifted. Maybe that is the feature of the lift itself as a safety measure.

My stay was really pleasant with no issues whatsoever. I have been to other international hotels as well and Monte Carlo competes hand in hand. I came here for a short settlement visit before I book a house for accomodation and it was a wonderful experience. The stores are all nearby so you can walk around and shop even without a car.

• Queen Room

there was problems getting a shuttle from the airport so we were an hour and half before arriving at the hotel. It was very frustrating but the staff had us take a cab and then paid for it so I appreciated the efforts that was made to make up for the problem.

the room was excellent, clean and comfortable,

• Queen Room

We had to wait 2 and half hour in freezing cold for a shuttle, because it wasn't clear it was a mixed shuttle (with Comfort Inn logo). They didn't tell. After we were picked up, we ended up in the wrong MC Inn, because they hadn't asked us which MC Inn we called for (apparently there are 6). Room for improvement.

Place was oke. Breakfast was nice.

• Queen Room

Shuttle service was poor. Advertised that it was 24 hours, but didn't say that they contracted out to a different hotel. So that hotel's guests get first priority

• Queen Room

Airport shuttle not convenient. Frequency too low. Two hours between shuttle pick ups and departures. Phoning from airport for shuttle did not work. I ended up taking a cab from airport to hotel at extra expense. Early morning shuttle, return to airport, was twenty minutes late from it’s published time.

• Queen Room

The airport shuttle is too late! In fact, It never arrived and I had to take a taxi after an hour. They told me to do so and paid me for this taxi ride, but you must call the hotel reception before you do this.

I liked the bed, and there is a big Walmart right in front of the hotel.

• Standard One King Room

Staff could be a lot nicer. Carpet needs to be cleaned. Room had an unpleasant odour upon entry. Front desk check-in was not a pleasant experience.

Not much

• Standard One King Room

The fan in the bathroom was very noisy.

The meals in the restaurant were very good with big helpings. The king-size bed was comfortable, perfect for a good night sleep. The shuttle service has a schedule that may not be workable for airport service, they will make other arrangements for travel to the airport at their cost.

• Queen Room

Shuttle to the airport only every 2 hours.

Staff provided breakfast voucher the evening before so I could get a to-go breakfast since I had to leave early

The hotel is advertised as a family place to stay but all we seen were a bunch of Construction Workers that were coming in with packs of beer and filthy dirty clothes. They took over the bar and were noisy. In the room next to us there were guys going in and out until the wee hours of the morning...!The bed was lumpy and every time you moved in it it seemed like the mattress moved on the boxed frame, yucky! The breakfast was terrible... the fruit was not fresh......!

• Standard One King Room

Restaurant was understaffed.This was the biggest issue with the food by the time we received it (over an hour) it was cold and mushy.

staff was friendly and courteous room was clean bed and pillows was comfortable

• Queen Room

I would NEVER stay here again! We emailed asking about shuttle prior to arrival but no response. We then tried to book the shuttle to return to the airport and they said it needs to be booked 3 hours in advance. The room had a "old" smell to it. The bathroom curtain was so old and looked dirty. AND that carpet, wow, horrific! Walls are really thin so we were hearing "things" happening next door hahaha. I am kind of laughing right now but I sure was not laughing when the next door neighbors session was being heard in our room while trying to put our 4 month old to sleep.

• Standard One King Room

The "free" shuttle runs only every 2 hours and does not go directly to the airport i.e. we took a longer route and stopped to pick up other passengers at at different hotel along the way. Fortunately, with only carry-on luggage, we were fine for time but both the lack of a frequent shuttle and extended travel time to the airport could create problems for some travelers.

It offered us a clean room with a comfy bed along with a free shuttle to the airport for the least amount of money for our short overnight stay.

• Whirlpool Suite

Monica was very rude on the phone i was requesting early check in and she said that she can not accomadate that and policy is 2pm and guest check out is at 11 and i asked if they could please try to have a room by 12. When i arrived monica was helping me check in while the phone rang a customer called so she started talkin on the phone and completely ignored me. Then the supervisor came out to help another gentlemen and noticed i was standing their so then she helped me out.

The room and location were good.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Very clean facility. Beds were extremely comfortable and staff were accommodating in every necessary way. The breakfast was simple but adequate. The shuttle to the airport was prompt and available at great time intervals. No complaints! :)

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The breakfast, the bread, croissant, cinnamon, bagel were not fresh. I couldn't cut the bagel it was hard. I didn't try the rest.

The room has microwave and fridge. It was quite. Good to rest.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The kitchen is a little bit slow.

The bed and pillows!! Weird but it’s true, I went to other hotels but I really like ur pillows very cozy😆. The cleanliness obcourse and safety.

• Standard One King Room

The breakfast host watching you like you're going to run off with the tray of fruit.

It was comfortable, cosy and clean. Breakfast included was delicious and had a nice variety of food.

• Queen Room

-Noisy Heater -Noisy washroom vent -My room had free breakfast but they charged me $6.50 for scrambled eggs, and when i asked the guy who was doing my checkout, a lady who was working on something next to him intervened and answered me with looking at me & said that hot breakfast is not included, only continental which didn't have much variety at all, basically bread, some muffins, half full bowl of fruits at 6am, and cereal, No oatmeal.

Location. Ease of check in/out

• Queen Room

The only issue, was there was an problem with the breakfast, closing a half hour early, for reasons unexplained. There was an offer that coffee and muffins would be brought in shortly. No big deal.

Our Flight coming home from Cuba was late by 3 hours. We arrived in Toronto approx. 3 am. The night desk clerk, Eugene, was so kind, authorized a taxi voucher to get us to our room earlier than waiting a shuttle. The bed was like a dream, so comfy and clean sheets. Great value for the price. Eugene also authorized a late check out without requesting it.

• Queen Room

Service. Really bad staff in the evening that could not help me with the airport pick up despite my many calls and talks with them.

The bed was confortable

• Standard One King Room

Not enough supplies for the café mix but that happens sometimes, if you ask you will receive it without a doubt their happy to assist you.

The bed are always comfortable and the sheets are very good quality feel like home.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The breakfast was not that great. It was continental and you could purchase a $5 upgrade. What was not told was that it was $5 + tax so in essence the upgrade was $6.50. To add insult to injury the upgrade to having a hot meal was an oily pre-packaged hashbrown instead of the home fries that were stated on the menu and a small quantity of eggs (it's supposed to be 2 eggs but it looked like 2 VERY SMALL eggs). Secondly housekeeping failed to make the bed or change the sheets. They cleared out the garbage and replenished the bathroom amenities but didn't do much else.

• Standard One King Room

The "buffet breakfast" that is included is misleading. It is a continental breakfast. If you want anything more, ie. eggs etc., there is an extra charge.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Parking lot at the very front was very poorly ploughed, in particular the handicap area was absolutely disasterous and very treacherous. Better care needs to be taken especially in this area. Staff could be a bit more cordial and warm. Did not find the restaurant friendly at all. The lounge at the front was small and not particularly inviting.

Overall appearance was clean and tidy. The hygienic elements in room and washroom was good. Washroom was very small and tight.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Fruits at breakfast were cut n stored overnight and were chill and one of the Melons were smelling n tasting little rotten n spoiled the whole salad.

Fresh hot flaky pastries served at breakfast.

• Whirlpool Suite

When we were ready for sleep the room was too hot but the air unit wasnt working. I couldnot sleep in the hot room so were were moved to another suite. It still had a jacuzzi, but the bed was way smaller, there was no fireplace or table and chairs to eat breakfast at, only one tv the was on an angle fromthe bed so watching a movie before sleep cause a crook in the neck and the room was way smaller i couldnt believe i still had to pay the original price. The air worked tho so I could sleep.

I loved the first room we stayed in. It was everything i asked for, jacuzzi, two tvs, a giant bed...

• Queen Room

Check in staff implied that Room upgrades were not possible due to reserving through booking.com. Breakfast was disappointing. The back parking lot and sidewalk were icy and snow covered.

Airport shuttle was convenient.

• Queen Room

Very out dated room - the carpet was stained and dirty - felt itchy while sitting in the chair - the curtain in the window had white stain - the breakfast included was stale ( the fruit platter must have been reused over the days )

The check in process was smooth - the Christmas decor and tree was a beautiful addition - hotel has a lot of character but needs updating - the room was quiet and basic - the staff were very friendly !

The staff attitude.

The staff in the morning was very unprofessional. We did not get the room we booked for which was confirmed and they charged the premium price.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Whirlpool Suite

Hot breakfast buffet advertised......the only thing hot was coffee and toast very upsetting as I was anticipating bacon sausage and eggs pancakes etc......

Comfortable bed and whirlpool was clean and worked well

• Queen Room

It's quite a distance from the airport and I had a 40 minute plus wait for the airport shuttle. Think they need to increase frequency of shuttles.

The hotel was comfortable, staff were friendly and overall it represented good value for money.

• Queen Room

The sink in the bathroom was a little clogged took some time for the water to drain

It was quiet room and bathroom clean and room had a microwave and fridge

• Queen Room

Found it noisy, busy, run down. Free airport shuttle very disappointing. Booked taxi's in the end. Toilet was broken. Dusty, bit neglected.

Struggling to think of something good. The staff were welcoming.

• Queen Room

outdated, poor service from hotel restaurant (menu items were not correct and the restaurant was unwilling to honor the menu prices). The Quesadilla was listed as a main course which comes with a free side. The manager called and said there is no side, the price does not change, I do not get the side I ordered unless I pay more, and its the hotels "corporate" fault and he has told multiple customers this, without any promise to fix anything. 1. Fix your menu. 2. Honor what it says. 3. Do not tell your customer they are being "unreasonable" for expecting you to honor your menu prices and blame your bosses boss. The restaurant manager was not a nice person and did not diffuse my frustration. He ultimately pissed me off because he would'nt give me the potatoes I ordered for the price the menu advertised.

How close it was to the airport. The lobby was nice. The desk person was nice as well.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The free airport shuttle could have been communicated better. Staff should let customers know that they have to call for pick up after they arrive in the airport and collect their luggage. And customers has to book the shuttle to go back to the airport from the hotel.

I liked the curteous staff, clean place, good breakfast,like the quietness, feel safe and felt like home. For someone like me who does not like to eat outside, was very excited and appreciative of the microwave and fridge in the room. Nice and clean bathroom. Awesome soft and comfortable bed and pillows. My 13 year old loved her stay as well. We will stay there or any of their location again and again.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The coffee was terrible. That's the only complaint.

The beds were extremely comfortable. This was our 1st time stay. We regret not booking here last year. All the staff were very friendly & helpful. Planning to book again next month.

• Whirlpool Suite

The noise from the convention room was a bit loud and it went on to early in the morning. I thought the bed could of been a bit more comfortable. The whirlpool tub was a bit small

I liked the fire place in the bedroom. The room was a nice size and I liked the layout.

• Standard One King Room

The hallways weren't always the cleanest. The rooms were a touch on the small side, but very clean. The location is difficult in that it is not within walking distance to restaurants. There is a restaurant in the hotel which was just ok. The coffee is awful, but I have yet to ever drink great hotel coffee. The complementary breakfast was cereal, bread/bagels, yoghurt, fruit, and danish type things. You could upgrade for $6.00 to a higher protein breakfast. More hot, protein items for the complementary breakfast would be much appreciated.

The front desk staff was fantastic. There was one older gentleman in particular who was FANTASTIC. He was so kind and helpful. He booked a taxi for me every day to get to meetings. One of the workers in the restaurant was exceptionally friendly.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room got so hot at night that we had to switch on the AC and was still feeling hot and the breakfast didnt have many options and hot breakfast was not included with the booking

The room was comfortable and nicely furnished..my daughter loved the room

• Whirlpool Suite

Despite being a non smoking room, it smelled vaguely of cigarettes when we entered. It was not enough to be a problem, just something I noticed when walking in the room

• Whirlpool Suite

Unreliable and infrequent shuttle service from/to airport. Disappointing breakfast compared to other hotels around the airport. Didn't feel that my custom was valued.

It was clean and quiet although the decor is looking tired.

• Queen Room

- Breakfast has almost no options; some people were asking at the kitchen door for eggs.....I'm not sure if that's the norm there? - WIFI password didn't work

• Queen Room

We forgot a ring in the room. When we realized we called and the individual we spoke with said it would be st front desk and if he wasn’t ther he would pass it on. When e arrived a few hours later the lady at counter had no idea about it. Dealt with other people and answered the phone while searching for the ring. Finally the ring was with the housekeeper who found it who was still cleaning other rooms. We were asked to go to a room to meet with her to retrieve the ring. I found this to be very unprofessional.

• Whirlpool Suite

Tv was in a bad spot. Coffee cups were too small in room and at the TACKY FREE BREAKFAST!!!!! It was a free continental breakfast but the wording led u to believe it was bigger. Fruit salad was sour. It was not too clean at breakfast.

my room was very good. Clean. Whirlpool was good too

• Whirlpool Suite

it was very outdated, broken furniture throughout, very hard bed couldn't sleep. I was disgusted by the bathroom dirty floor in bathroom.50.00$ deposit had to be given I was told in the morning that it will be put back on my card no receipt given when asked for one. had to contact credit card company to make sure to notify me of funds returned breakfast was certainly not good ate the fruit but really dry bagels threw it out after one bite I will never stay here again ever. not worth the cost. Could have stayed at the holiday Inn across the street. would have been better for sure.

parking, east side Mario's up the street.

• Standard One King Room

Had to wait from 11 pm to almost 12.30 am for the scuttle bus. I did phone when I arrived. It was cold ! The breakfast was pretty boring . But for 1 night stay and the cost it was ok .

• Standard One King Room

If you are using the airport shuttle, make sure you call ahead of time, it must be 2 hours in advance back and forth. We took the shuttle after calling and waiting for almost 45 minutes, the driver took us to a different Monte Carlo Inn (in Mississauga), (Apparently there are two locations close to the airport and 4 more far away). The worker in the front desk was VERY rude and when we called our hotel the lady on the other side was not helpful too, claiming that we called the wrong hotel although there is only one number in the airport shuttle waiting area. We had to take a taxi back to our hotel. the next morning I called the manager (Marry) and she was very helpful she refunded me back the taxi fare and upgraded our breakfast, she even ordered and paid for a taxi to take us back to the airport. *The Elevator broke down when we arrived.

The Upgraded Breakfast The manager (Marry), she was very understanding, very helpful and attending.

• Queen Room

Elevator out of service and hallways were very warm. Shuttle requires more than 1 hour advance notice for scheduled pick up.

Single queen room, with a nice selection of pillows. Comfortable beds, nice lush towels. Nice work desk and large mini fridge. AC worked well. Two comfortable chairs to sit in. Bathroom/shower very nice. Continental breakfast was good, and could be upgraded for $5.

• Queen Room

Air conditioning in the halls ways was either off or broken. Staying on the fourth floor and find out the elevators are broken for the entire stay!!!

Rooms were clean.

Clogged basin; Really poor breakfast. Coffee as diluted as it could be. Very restricted options, beside some croissants, toast an a fruit salad. You will have to pay extra for egg, pancake etc .

Average facility with the minimum required to stay for one night. Nothing out of ordinary to comment on.

• Whirlpool Suite

Breakfast was poor and transportations around the area inconvenient

Property was very nice and clean also the staff were very nice and welcoming. I loved my stay there and i highly recommend for anyone looking for a quiet and decent place to spend a vacation or honeymoon

• Whirlpool Suite

Just the air need a bit more maintenance that's it all is clean and we'll taken care ! Excellent condition and where it's a bit use well that's where the people of the guest are a bit disrespectful of the hotel my opinon

The only thing that needs a little of attention to improve is the air . Those that blows out needs cleaning because they effect your breathing there the type that picked up alot of dust and it's hard after the second day. If you have that under control then things would be a bit better. Carpets are a big impact but I know it's cost of a renovation but at least if that can be clean it would make a big improvement on the breathing. The place is extremely well clean, the staff are unbelievable friendly and work extremely hard to make sure your comfortable and we'll taken care of and for that I am thankful. I always return to Monte Carlo due to their loyalty service

• Queen Room

Aircondition very noisy could not sleep , location where its fitted my partner hurt the shoulder, it's very low close to bed . Exhaust fan in washroom is very loud and noisy never been serviced

Location of the hotel , staff was good

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Carpet was wet/damp in front of bathroom entrance, which made me wonder...

Prime location for our needs. The wonderful restaurants close by were a bonus. We love Indian cuisine.

• Queen Room

The airport shuttle took over an hour to get to pick us up, even though I had provided all our flight details. The fifteen minute trip to the hotel took 45 minutes in order to drop other passengers at other hotels. So 2 hours after arriving at the airport we finally made it to the hotel. For a non smoking facility our room smelled terribly of smoke. It was too late and we were too tired to ask for another room. No breakfast as we had a 6 am pickup.

The staff at the hole were very helpful. Nice building and decor

Browse Monte Carlo Inn Brampton traveller photo gallery