Reviews of Monte Carlo Inn Markham 3 stars

8900 Woodbine Avenue, L3R5K6 Markham, Canada

#16 of 19 hotels in Markham

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

loved it just one staff member made it unperfect.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

staff member, caucasian girl with glasses at front desk admitted she smoked pot .. because she thought she smelled pot last time we stayed at hotel... very unprofessional she shouldn't be working there..

i liked everything in the hotel except for a staff member that is the only problem i had with the hotel

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Nice hotel and I will stay here again next time
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Great place to stay. It might a bit be off the beaten track, but was close enough to my customer and Imhad a rental car anyway. Parking next to the hotel was easy and lots of space available. The complimentary breakfast was ok, although I added from time to time the additional "egg-stras" with eggs, bacon, potatoes and toast for CDN$ 6 extra.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Great second stay, got an update to a suite. We were well pleased with everything.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Housekeeping staff friendly, restaurant staff lovely and front desk accommodating. Got great taxi deal to Niagara Falls. Visited front desk numerous times, to arrange laundry, taxi, computer access, purchase coins for machines etc, they were pleasant all the time.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Staff, service, comfort was wonderful, great place to loose track of time
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

Front desk clerk, must be prompt to book the taxi for the time asked. By the Grace of GOD we didn't miss our 3 day bus tour.

Breakfast service, warmly. Arrived later than expected, great they have 24hr reservation service. Staff met in the corridors, were friendly and accommodating. Clean rooms. Location great for Fun4tour pick up point.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Basically Ok, especially with the rate I got (I made...
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The bad side is about the front desk staff who were soooo mean. During our 5-nights stay, they never offered a smile or greeted us with good morning. On the other hand, the housekeeping ladies were friendly.

Basically Ok, especially with the rate I got (I made reservation over 6 months in advance).

If she was a man, she would have been taken away in handcuffs if spoken to a guest like she did!
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Front desk staff upon check in was rude, abrasive, argumentative. After she claimed to have checked and approved the room for cleanleness, i found stains, feces, hair and completly unsatisfactory for a $150 per night stay.....

Nothing at the moment, i am going to allow corporate to have a say in this regard.

Great staff
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The hallway should be temperature controlled.

The room and the bed was smaller than I am used to seeing in hotels and the hallway was not air conditioned and hence uncomfortable. The staff was very helpful, courteous and quite friendly. The continental breakfast bar was well stocked... far better than I have had before at a hotel of this class. Housekeeping was friendly, quick and did a great job of cleaning and keeping the bathroom well stocked. I would stay here again.

Probably the worst hotel stay I’ve ever had.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Probably the worst hotel stay I’ve ever had. Paper thin walls, so don’t expect to sleep if there are people even talking in the adjacent rooms. After about an hour our ceiling in our bathroom started leaking, to the point where we could hear the water streaming down (no minor drip I tell you). They moved us to another room where we soon found that if the AC was operating in any capacity it would squeak at a level that made it impossible to sleep. After trying to sleep with no AC and feeling pessimistic about getting a room that wasn’t defective, we left at 10pm. I was drawn in by the price but it’s not worth it. We meant to stay the night, before continuing our trek home in the morning but left a few hours into our stay.

Hotel charged me in last two times stay even I had paid...
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Hotel charged me in last two times stay even I had paid through PayPal , and ensure them not charged my card when checked in After found out C call them, the staff was not friendly ..

OK for one or two nights
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Bed not comfortable. Mattress too soft for my taste and pillows lumpy. Room fridge very loud.

Staff friendly. Location perfect for needs, easily accessible.

Excellent. Except for the unwatched movie charge.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

My companion was charged for a movie that she did not watch. Hotel unable to say what movie was (apparently) selected but declined to refund.

Clean, comfortable rooms. Good continental breakfast.

It was ok.
    • Whirlpool Suite

No pool. As for the room, the side chairs were stained and dirty, the desk area had a weird smell almost like smelly feet. The jetted tub kept draining even though water was filled above jets before turning on. After you start the jets a while after it just drains out instead of staying in the tub.

The bed was super comfortable. Nice location close to billiards and food.

secured atmosphere.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

parking was wrapped around the building so we ended up further from the enterance. ..however later found a back do which changed things ha.

secured atmosphere. enterance is surprisingly elegant.

Great, comfortable and efficient.
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

I was satisfied all together- no complaints :)

We were only there a short time but both staff members we delt with were friendly and professional. Our check in and out was easy and efficient. Our room was comfortable, clean and smelled nice.

Is ok , worth what I paid for
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

Somewhat I have difficulty in communicating with Front desk staff Some of staffs in restaurant where I have breakfast are not that friendly

Housekeepers on 4 th floor are nice

Comfortable and well suited to the purpose of our one night stay.
    • Whirlpool Suite

At times the front desk staff could have been more cheerful,first impressions stick.

The staff in the restaurant were very pleasant,friendly ,helpful and accommodating. Showers - excellent.

clean, comfortable, good value
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The restaurant service was terrible, very slow and the food was terrible. I ate at there once and avoided it for the rest of the stay.

clean, comfortable, good value

Enjoyable. Great location for our needs.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Man in charge of restaurant at breakfast does not speak in words. He just makes sounds that resemble the group of words . Difficult to understand.

We have found a room there that we like and now we request that room when booking.

Overall very restful and enjoyable.
    • Whirlpool Suite

Night desk clerk could have been more friendly (male). Asked for change for vending machine.. seemed to bother him. Held out my hand for the change and he dropped it on the counter. Small things make a big difference.

The room was clean and nicely done. Breakfast was very good. Quiet aND peaceful.

Meh
    • Whirlpool Suite

Poor customer service .. got to hotel they said my reservations were at another location just to have to go back to this location... after that they gave the wrong room had to go back and get another key

Great room ...

clean and quiet, breakfast was good in a nice atmosphere to...
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

There was a mix up and when we booked, we called and confirmed by phone that it was at the location we reserved at, They answered yes and said all was fine. When we arrived at the hotel they said we were booked at their other location.

clean and quiet, breakfast was good in a nice atmosphere to eat. Bed was very comfortable. Service was good.

Bed creaked loudly every time I moved.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Bed creaked loudly every time I moved. Insisted on changing rooms. They were reluctant put I insisted. They were going to re-rent the room, even though the bed was bad. Place was a little "tired"

This is where we always stay in Markham.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Note: These are minor gripes. Restaurant: Music too loud. No sound-deadening so people's voices too loud. Cutlery: the next step up from plastic. Front desk: "Your home away from home" TM... Seriously? TM?

Roomy room. Nice bed. Breakfast upgrade good. Maid was very pleasant. Clean... very clean.

Decent hotel with a few small issues
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The Wi-Fi was not good. It reminded me of old dial up. Told the gentleman at the front desk. He said they had no complaints. My room may have been in a bad location. The walls were thin. I did hear the conversation of my neighbours. The bathroom was clean, but the toilet was on such a strange angle. Had to take the toilet paper off the roller and leave on the counter.

The hotel was nice an clean. It was fairly central. Room was small, nut clean

THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

ROUGH FRONT DESK!! I WAS LATE CHECK IN AROUND EIGHT, THE FRONT DESK SHOW ME THAT THEY POST THE TRANSACTION WITH MY CREDIT CARD BUT NOT APPROVED. SO THEY CANCELLED MY BOOKING. FIRST OF ALL, NO ONE IS CONTACTING ME ABOUT MY CHECK IN AND CHARGE, AND IT'S THE FIRST TIME IT HAPPENED TO ME FOR MY BOOKING. I WAS ARGUING WITH THE FRONT DESK, HE SAID HE NEED TO CHARGE ME THE RATE FOR WALK IN AND NEED TO CHARGE MY CREDIT CARD FIRST, I PASSED THE VISA CARD TO HIM BUT SAYING I AM NOT SATISFIED WITH THE HOTEL AND WILL COMPLAIN. SUDDENLY, THE MALE FRONT DESK WITH STRONG INDIAN ACCENT THROW MY VISA CARD BACK TO ME AND YELLED TO ME " NO ROOMS FOR YOU, NO ROOMS FOR YOU, GO." THEN I NEEDED TO BEG HIM TO GIVE ME THE ROOM SINCE I HAVE NO CHOICE FOR SUCH LATE AT NIGHT. I HAVE NEVER BOTHERED GIVING A REVIEW NO MATTER GOOD OR BAD BUT WITH THIS INCIDENT, I CAN'T KEEP IT QUIETLY. CAN'T ACCEPT THIS KIND OF PRACTICE AT ALL.

Disappointing hotel.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The majority of the staff is rude, both at the front desk and the restaurant. The hotel charges the credit card upfront for the whole stay for an amount way higher than the actual cost of the stay and then they don't even bother to make the correct refund. They should explicitly tell the guest that they will be putting an extra amount on hold on the credit card.

The room was spacious and comfortable.

I didn’t trust more to booking.com
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

I didn’t like any think Everything is bad bad bad Bed bad dirty Pillow bad Oh my god Ididnt took more from bookin.com I’m so angry

I didn’t like anything No any services room Room dirty Reception very bad quality service Is very very very very bad I apply with picture from booking.com but not same room and they said booking.com is lire to busines

horrible experience overall.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

rude front desk staff. Room was small and stuffy. Stained sheets / covers probably from previous guest. Rude maid staff . Lots of traffic going on in the hotel. Had the front desk call a taxi and waited over an hour just to find out they called the wrong company. Would not recommend.

Comfy bed, cleaness, quite room.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Breakfast with limited options. Juice tastes like water. Tube was not working very well. Location is too far from downtown and YYZ.

Comfy bed, cleaness, quite room.

Good, very comfortable and clean with very friendly front desk staff.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The Restaurant service was very slow for 10 pm on a Friday evening. The staff were somewhat serious and only provided information when asked. There was an extra $3 for Friday and Saturday dinner. There was only one dessert option, Ice cream which wasn't mentioned when you ordered the dinner special. I had to ask the flavor of the Ice cream (which is made in house). You have to pay an extra charge of $1.50 for Green Tea. The Restaurant was small and very loud with karaoke as the live entertainment on Friday night. Lastly, checkout is at 11 a.m.

Very friendly and patient front desk / reception staff. The property was very clean, affordable and the food was good. The Restaurant had a four course dinner special that was a good deal. A computer was accessible in a small Office area in the lobby. The Room had a Fridge, Microwave, Coffee / Tea machine, Safe, an Iron and ironing board.

6.0
    Could have been better for my money. Rate at 5
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The food in the restaurant was horrible. The drinks at the bar was terrible.

The bed was comfortable. The housekeeping staff were friendly and thorough.

Im thirsty baby
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

a hotel (in Canada - home for over 7% of the fresh water) don't even provide a bottle of water. we've to purchase at the vending machine. 24x500ml bottles of water crate is less than $2.40 @ Walmart. what a shame...

comfortable rooms.

Location is ok, not so far from mall, coffee shop and...
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Reception who check in for us was not smile or friendly at all. It seems i debt her money and not pay back to her. No greetings, no warming, no friendly. Only 1 word: UNPROFESSIONAL.

Location is ok, not so far from mall, coffee shop and restaurant. Room was clean. Facilities was simple but good enough, can't expect so much for 3 stars.simple breakfast with fruits, yoga, bread, jam, butter, oat meal, egg, tea, coffee, juice

You don't want to stay here!
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Everything, from the moment I met the staff till the moment I left they just ruined my entire trip for me.

Nothing at all, never would I stay here ever.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Hotel should offer English classes to staff.
    • Whirlpool Suite

Service was absolutely terrible - staff hardly speak English. How is it even legal to not speak English in the customer service industry?

The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Beautiful hotel but the food is not worth it
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The worse breakfast I've ever had in a hotel. Even after purchasing one (my room included a supposedly "buffet breakfast"), I got 1 egg (cause it didn't have the size of 2 as indicated in a menu), 4 sausages and 4 pieces of potatoes (which is not even half of one potatoes in a bag of 10lb). I ended up having breakfast outside of the hotel. Rooms are quite small for 2.

Good location. Many shops and restaurants around. Not far from public transportation (there is a bus stop at 5 min walk). The hotel is beautiful.

I would come back.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

No shower cap and tooth brush provided which I forgot to bring.

Like the style of the front door.Staff are very polite. Breakfast room sitting area is good.

Poor receptionist attitude spoils a pleasant stay
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Receptionist attitude bothering on rudeness ( staff on morning duty onMay 28); he left the reception desk empty for 5 odd minutes at 6 am when he went to the restaurant for his breakfast or coffee. When I stepped inside the corridor and tried to look for him, he returned and rudely questioned why I went in there and said rudely that I should not have entered the reception area.

Good Room size (single room); comfy bed.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

It did the job...
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The bed wasn't super comfy, but acceptable. The water wasn't warm enough for a bath. However, the water from the bathroom sink was VERY hot.

Staff was very friendly.

Could improve a few things, but overall good stay.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Our first time stepping into our room, it smelt like feet/sweaty shoes. Had to ask front desk to spray air freshener. The washroom and bed were clean though. Kitchen and cleaning staff were friendly and accommodating. The front desk had inconsistent information about a few things and weren't as warm. First time using Monte Carlo.

Free breakfast. Must pick up breakfast voucher at front desk though. Wish there were a bit more selection, but staff allowed take-to-room plates to accommodate.

Very clean and comfortable hotel.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

I didn't like the toilet roll being so close to the toilet as it was difficult to get at it so removed it and used it manually. And I had to put the drapes together with a safety pin so that I could darken the room. As the heavy curtains did not close. I like sleeping in a darkened room.

The croissants were great and fresh and the restaurant and staff were very friendly. The rooms were very clean and bed from comfortable. I had a great room and was quiet. I was also very pleased that my request for soft pillows was made available. Thank you.

Bed bugs bites, over 40 on me and 10 on my wife.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Bed bugs bites, over 40 on me and 10 on my wife. Visit Dermatology P.C examined and treated with "Hydroxyzine", " Prednisone" and "Fluocinonide" Contact the hotel 2 times within 2 day and no one responses at all. **Tell me don't do anyting until they contact me. Spend the whole weekend - Cleaning, Cleaning & Cleaning......

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Overall a nice clean friendly place to stay.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Karaoke in restaurant/bar was too loud for size of group/room. A little more selection for continental breakfast.

Bed was comfortable. Room was a good size. Very clean. Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

I had booked on line for double queen, found the email...
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

I had booked on line for double queen, found the email confirmation after I checked in, the man at the desk told me I had booked a king. Argued for a bit and then he said they had no double queens available regardless, so I took the king. Later my friend said the same thing happened to her and showed him the email confirmation and was given double queen...that an hour earlier he was adamant that he did not have. Lying to your customers is bad ethics, bad business. For that I would not ever go back to that hotel.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Price was fair, location ok.
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

We booked 2 queen beds and were given only 1 bed. This was remedied, but not a great way to start our stay.

Price was fair, location ok. It would have been nice if there were more amenities within a reasonable walking distance.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

All components present but could be utilized better.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Bed was worn out. Halls and breakfast area were so cold one person said he could chill his beer in it. Wait staff heavily asian-accented, hard to understand but willing to serve. Parking lot icy.

The young lady on the desk on second night & checkout morning was an absolute delight with an amazing memory. Room was very clean and quite nice.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Very disappointed with everything

I had to leave my credit card number on file, but when I left I paid by debit and they still charged my credit card. It's been almost a month and they still haven't reimbursed me. i will not book through booking.com again. Really disappointed.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

payment and deposit.
    • Whirlpool Suite

i have stayed at 2 other monte carlos and they never held my funds for more than the night spent there. I will hopefully be seeing my money back in my account by the end of the day. if not i will be contacting the hotel directly.

paid for this room in cash but gave my credit card for the deposit and room price hold. it has been 2 days prior to this and i still have not recieved my money back.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Good, but expected it to be a
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

DIdn,t see any eggs at breakfast. The chairs in the room were uncomfortable, the pillows too soft,and the whole room just needed a little updating.

The location was very good and our room was clean, but lacking a little. Not real bad, but could have been better. THe restaurant food was good at dinner.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

service

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

• Whirlpool Suite

My room was full of mold

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Beds a little softer other than that awesome

Beds a little softer

Beds a little hard

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

A good hotel to stay in
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

They wanted me to leave a deposit to take 2 glasses to room?!

Location worked well for this visit

Room was comfortable.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Right on a major road. Not much for food nearby.

Room was comfortable. Staff was very pleasant.

Very clean inside and outside.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Very clean inside and outside. Perfect breakfast. Friendly staff.

the hotel holds CAD$100 deposit, I did not understand why? I...
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

the hotel holds CAD$100 deposit, I did not understand why? I haven't seen this in other hotels!

Comfortable, well priced, easy access

Blanket thin and worn

Easy access and parking, quiet

Great stay - I would consider coming back in the future.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The room uses lamps for lighting instead of a light switch.

The room is spacious and clean. The bed is also quite comfortable.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Relaxing mid week break
    • Whirlpool Suite

Coffee was a little bitter.

Jacuzzi was extremely relaxing, bed was very comfy made for a relaxing stay.

Oh bother!
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Only a couple small things, nothing that couldnt happen at other hotels!

The food and staff.

Clean and convenient
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

No signage in front showing name Of hotel

Clean and convenient

Great stay.
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

The breakfast is too simple. Not many choices.

Very spacious room.Comfortable bed.

Nice hotel handy area.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Continental breakfast adequate but not inspiring.

Front desk friendly and helpful

Old smelled like mold

Old smelled like mold

Amuse me!
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Why do managers of today not want to engage with customers or client?? What are they afraid of???

Everything....

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Great location, very clean and friendly staff.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Great location, very clean and friendly staff. Can highly recommend this hotel. Plenty of parking.

Beautiful suite clean and friendly staff

Beautiful suite clean and friendly staff

Now thats more like it!

Limited local transit

Overall a very positive stay! Breakfest well done!

Breakfast was quite good

Breakfast was quite good

Staff were great!
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff were great! Would definitely stay again.

I didn't like anythings.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

The room was not meet our expectation.

I didn't like anythings.

Wow okay and never again.
    • Standard Queen Room with One Queen Bed

Will no stay at this place again!
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

Couldn't understand gentleman at check in desk. Spoke too fast and rambled on.

We,ve stayed at much better places.

Late check in times. Would like to see earlier check in times.
    • Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

The location and cleanliness.