Reviews of Monte Carlo Inn Oakville Road East 3 stars

374 South Service Road East, L6J2X6 Oakville, Canada

#9 of 12 hotels in Oakville

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Not pleasant or relaxing.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Found someone's sock under my bed, found hair in the bathroom that was not mine (as soon as we arrived). The sheets and towels seemed old and while clean, not sanitized and crispy. I tried speaking to the front desk about shortening my stay as I was unhappy and they refused. The staff was often missing from the front desk. The wifi was awful and often disconnected. The breakfast was, well we chose not to eat it. I saw customers touching all the eggs and pastries with their fingers to check for warmth so I did not take anything except coffee. I did not like the coffee either. I will not recommend or choose a Monte Carlo again.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

We always enjoy our visits and look forward to future ones.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The only thing I would suggest is the air freshener used in rooms and hallways. It is sometimes very strong and with allergies can be overwhelming. It would be more pleasant if an allergy free freshener or deodorizer was used and something lighter and fresher smelling.

We have stayed here at this location several times when visiting and enjoy our stay. The rooms are clean and we look forward to breakfast in the morning.

Good restaurant and facility, friendly and helpful staff.
    • Standard One Queen Room

Hotwater machine is kindda tricky but I managed to ask the restaurant to give some hot water.

Good restaurant and facility, friendly and helpful staff.

Very satisfieed overall
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The included breakfast is the usual continental type. It was just ok for my taste. Coffee could have been a lot better.

Smooth check in, easy access off the highway, very confortable and clean room. The Monte Carlo Inn Oakville is great place to stay close to center. Highly recommended.

Good value for Money for an Overnight Business Stay
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

A bit more attention to bathroom cleanliness in the nooks and crannies.

Staff courteous. Room comfortable (although bathroom cleanliness around corners of tub/floors need a bit of attention). Bed clean, lots of nice pillows of varying firmness. Great variety/selection for continental+ breakfast - hot pot of oatmeal and hot hard-boiled eggs being the "+". WiFi solid, lots of free parking, swift check in/checkout, close to business destination, proximate to highway yet not too loud. Good value for money for an overnight stay.

Good choice if you fly in/out of Toronto airport
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It is located right next to the highway, so you can hear some traffic (it did'nt bother us too much, we kept the windows closed, AC on)

I booked the room for one night after a long flight with young kids. The place met all my expectations - it is close to and easy to get from the airport (by car), the room was comfy and clean, bathroom nice enough, we just pulled down the curtains and went to sleep:) The breakfast next morning was a nice surprise - good choice of food for adults and children. Niagara Falls are just one hour away, so we managed to get there before the crowds.

Nice . Would stay again if in the area
    • Standard One Queen Room

Softer pillows ( although they were adequate) , tub in our room was clean , but stained.

Clean room with all that we needed . Very pleasant staff. Front desk very welcoming and greeted us pleasantly every time we entered . Staff in restaurant were exceptionally pleasant and friendly . Evening meal that we ordered was adequate after a very long and stressful drive . It was great not to have to go out to look for a nice meal . Morning buffet was very good - fresh croissants, freshly cut fruit , etc. A step above many continental breakfasts.

We always look forward to stay there...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

$200 security deposit for one night while others places charge $50.00 to $100.00 and since we will being going there for 6 years at least 8 times a year I thinck they should be a little more flexible with the security deposit ( is One night ) and sometimes we are force to stay someplace else because we don’t have complete the security deposit that is required..

I am extremely happy with this place always being.. while others places the staff is Amazing... specially Marie ( a cleaning lady that always make sure my disabled child and I are look after well and she always said Hi..

Friendly staff, nice location for our visit, clean and tidy...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bins and ashtrays at the entrance to the hotel not emptied on Sunday as it seemed the person responsible was not working

Friendly staff, nice location for our visit, clean and tidy rooms

That the breakfast was served on non-disposable dishes.
    • Standard One Queen Room

While I guess it is usual to put a sort of security deposit on a credit card, the person at the desk mentioned that it was $100 and I was taken back a bit by this. It assumes that everyone is going to do damage. But of course if it is industry standard, it is good to be honest about it.

That the breakfast was served on non-disposable dishes. I really liked that I did not have to throw away all of that styrofoam that is typical of other hotel continental breakfasts.

Good hotel but they need more staff!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Ok after a long term guest of 12 years I’ve seen a few changes but nothing major until our last stay this week. Obviously the management has changed this is the major problem as it looks like they are trying to cut costs I felt sorry for the brilliant breakfast staff who had to manage 50-60 people most mornings with only one person working it was mental you could tell this was to much for 1 person the poor ladies who are loyal looked like they couldn’t cope:( also the front desk staff need to smile more make your guests welcome!

Been stopping at this hotel for the last 12 years 2-3 times per year. Always looked after us excellent location brilliant breakfast staff.

breakfast was average for a continental breakfast .
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Had dinner the first night in the dinning room food was atrocious

breakfast was average for a continental breakfast .fresh fruit (bananas etc) not available every morning .Staff very pleasant and welcoming.

comfortable, clean room, and a great continental breakfast.
    • Standard One Queen Room

The central A/C was out (though being actively repaired), so the hallways were very warm, but the rooms were fine.

The continental breakfast included in the room cost was much better than the usual continental breakfast. It included juices, muffins, croissants, English muffins, bagels, cereal, hard-boiled eggs, yoghurt, fresh fruit, even oatmeal.

First time wrong be my last.
    • Standard One Queen Room

Front entry garbage can was overflowing with garbage. Not a pleasant welcoming look. Mirolin type shower was cramped for space.

Room was stylish and roomy.

Very pleased loved how clean everything was! The woman Luba who took care of the Breakfast was great
    • Whirlpool Suite

The only thing I would change is maybe softer pillows! They are a bit to firm!

Everyone was very nice! The room was clean and always had clean towels,soap,bath salts for the hot tub loved it!

The check in experience was crazy.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I hope the company can give more training to the employees. The receptionist I met didn't know how to deal with the question effectively. The first room I got had unclear smell. The second room had bad toilet. Then the receptionist let my family stand the reception and wait for 15 minutes to get another room. I and my family spent 1 hour above to get the suitable room. It's crazy.

worst hotel breakfast is cold and not fresh staff are...

worst hotel in oakville

worst hotel breakfast is cold and not fresh staff are miserable i don t recomend this place at all pay the extra money n go to another hotel

Strong odor, windows are not openable.
    • Standard One Queen Room

Strong odor in he room! It's not the smell of cigarette, but mixed unpleasant scent from the dirty carpet, bed, like the smell from an old dirty wet basement. All the windows are not openable, making things even worse. Really disturbing my sleep.

Good location. Good gym facilities.

Highly recommend it!

Cant think of anything.

Rooms were very clean, staff helpful, restaurant on site was good, breakfast was great! Highly recommend it! We stayed here to be close to Toronto for an early morning appointment without having the expense of staying downtown toronto. Right on the 403 for easy driving access. Go station is very close, and probably the best bet to get into downtown TO in a timely and cost effective manner.

Poor customer service.
    • Whirlpool Suite

The lady at the front desk was unhelpful and they are disorganized. When I came to check in, they couldn't find my reservation. It took 20 minutes to check in due to this. I asked for late checkout. They accommodated till 1pm however when we asked for a literal extra hour they stayed it was 30 bucks per hour and couldn't waive this fee nothing they could do. I've stayed here 3 times and as a loyal customer expected they could give an extra hour considering it was a Sunday and not busy. Disappointed with the customer service and will think twice before booking here again.

The room and facilities were clean and well kept.

Pretty good value for money on the whole
    • Whirlpool Suite

They took the cost of the whole stay plus deposit off my credit card when I arrived. It took 3 days (that includes the weekend) for the refunded deposit to appear on my credit card after checking out.

I was given a nice bright and large corner room that was shielded from the highway noise.

oakville disappointing
    • Standard One Queen Room

I was given a room that wasn't cleaned and worse a lady checked in at the same time paid cash for 3 days and was their for obvious reasons and they put her next to the room that wasn't cleaned. They gave me a cleaned room but I think that is my last visit.

It was less than average.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Pillows was absolute nightmare -we came home with stiff necks and we actually used our own cloth as it was impossible to sleep on pillows provided.Bath room is very outdated and non practical for more than 2 people but it was 2 double bed in the room.Shower also very unpractical and soaked my hair every time I used it.Only 6 hangers on 4 places in beds-all our staff was in bags for 2 weeks.You cant open window for fresh air and room was quite humid.Not impressed at all.Could be very noisy if you have room with windows to roadside.Breakfast included actually was terrible-we tried it once and when choose to eat somewhere else.

Location is great!

Enjoyed our stay and will be back the next time we need accomadations in the area.
    • Whirlpool Suite

The room had a slight smell of cigarettes and when your a non smoker it's not a nice smell

The staff is friendly and the hotel is clean and comfortable. The beds are comfortable as well. Easy access to go train. We will definitely stay again.

Rough start, became comfy stay.
    • Standard One Queen Room

When I checked in they couldn't find my reservation booked through booking.com 😯 I had to show them my email confirmation and rate. They apologized for the delay, but a comp anything would have been nice.

Room was clean & quiet. Bed was comfy. Breakfast was average. No complaints.

We would stay there again we did wish it had a pool.
    • Standard One Queen Room

The front desk young man seemed to preoccupied with personal business. He was on his cell phone.

The room was clean, bed very comfortable,and shower pressure excellent.

Good, but arrange your own breakfast elsewhere.

Two sheets and comforter between them is not an optimal set up breakfast... hmm, please don't call it a continental breakfast - no egg options (not even when I just wanted to order outside my "free" breakfast. Mostly high carb options, sweets, cereal, fruits. :(

The beds are very comfortable

Convenient break en route to Toronto
    • Standard One Queen Room

There was no bar and the the woman running the restaurant was not the most welcoming although her attitude did improve over course of our meal on Saturday night

Breakfast was very good

The entire stay was beyond excellent!!!!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Everything was more than perfect!

Convenient location, super friendly/professional staff, excellent beds and extremely clean rooms and hallways. Price point for four people plus an added cot was most reasonable. Free breakfast was more than sufficient.

Very good value. Excellent location for my journey. Helpful staff.
    • Standard One Queen Room

The bathroom fan was so loud I stopped turning the bathroom light on and just used the light from the bedroom. Very loud fridge stopped me sleeping.

Very helpful on reception. Move me to another room immediately as the rooms are wasn't working. Plenty of choice at breakfast.

Comfortable stay with unfriendly staff.
    • Whirlpool Suite

The staff didn't treat us well because we were young people. She didn't expect us to be able to pay for the room.

The bed was very clean and the room was cleaned well

Great value
    • Standard One Queen Room

Light and fan in bathroom: 1 switch. Fan makes a deafening noise..

Incredibly clean room and bathroom! Comfortable bed. Spacious room. Very friendly staff - loved the breakfast lady 😊 Great location and unbeatable price.

Very clean, easy check in, great location in Oakville near...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Small restaurant. No high selection on breakfast items. Few items and not all tasty.

Very clean, easy check in, great location in Oakville near the high ways.

We had a great time - thank you for everything
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast food left a little to be desired - please get bigger coffee cups!

The front desk staff were great - they gave us an extra pillow and unclogged our toilet late at night - very friendly and helpful

Good, with some excellent items (dinning room staff) and some issues (maintenance checks).
    • Standard One Queen Room

Free newspaper didn't have all sections. TV remote batteries almost useless. Fan in bathroom (Room 401) at jet-level decibels roar. Toilet non-stop flushing (intermittent problem). Floor maid and desk manager both apprised of problems.

Restaurant staff great. Room quiet, comfortable, clean.

very unlean sheets were dirty and wrinkled looks like they...
    • Standard One Queen Room

very unlean sheets were dirty and wrinkled looks like they use the same sheets also they do nt change sheets daily The maild uses gloves to clean the toilet and uses the same gloves to do the bed!!!!!

My stay was peaceful &comfortable. Exactly what I needed
    • Standard One Queen Room

Breakfast should have omelettes or scrambled eggs at least

Yes. The bed extra comfy. The croissants flakey. Peaceful quite & clean . Reception staff v courteous

It was fine for hockey team
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Beds need to be replaced Breakfast-you need to go to main desk just to get a ticket Bathroom fan very loud and comes on as soon as you turn light switch on

Rooms were very clean and nice
    • Whirlpool Suite

Restaurant was closed and wasn’t impressed with the breakfast in the morning. Also you could hear the other jacuzzi suits going in our room which was pretty loud

Rooms were very clean and nice

Good overall for the amount of money spent
    • Standard One Queen Room

The staff at the reception on arrival wanted to charge me for my stay although I have paid in advance through Booking.com Unfortunately the payment info was not transmitted to the hotel staff in a timely manner to avoid all this confusion.

The room was overlooking the 403 Highway which was noisy during the night. The bathroom fan was noisy as well.

Bed was so uncomfortable in room 408.
    • Whirlpool Suite

Bed was so uncomfortable in room 408. We woke up so many times then eventually just left early. For the suites, they need padding on the bed... pillow top or just a foam lining, anything then that hard box.

comfortable bed.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Had some attitude when checking in and asking for clarification and explanation about deposit and payments. Elevator very loud and slow.

comfortable bed. AC was available. Clean room. Great maids who are very friendly.

quiet to the most part excellent service and great location for what we needed.
    • Standard One Queen Room

Fridge motor and fan motor in the bathroom were very loud.

The restaurant service was excellent and the menu was very good with lots of choices. breakfast was very good and very fresh for an alacarte buffet.

Pleasant 5 night stay at this property.
    • Standard One Queen Room

Limited and basic breakfast options - e.g. boiled eggs available but no other style. Granola, fruit and flavored yogurt available but no meat. Shear draps in room; opaque drop downs on either side of the window do not close.

Friendly, helpful obliging staff. Rooms comfortably equipped including microwave and refrigerator

Clean hotel, not too expensive.
    • Standard One Queen Room

Noise-cancelling windows should be fitted as the rooms are very noisy (there is a motorway right near the hotel). After one night, we requested another room, believing that it will be less noisy - we were wrong, it was the same. Breakfast was not varied enough (boiled eggs, cereal and some types of pastry were on display). The breakfast area was also too small for the number of guests

Clean hotel, not too expensive.

We would definitely recommend this pristine, friendly and accommodating establishment. A gem.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The Monte Carlo Inn was fantastic. I wouldn't change a thing.

The Monte Carlo Inn was so beautiful. The staff was so welcoming and helpful. The lobby and room was pristine. I just felt totally at ease. Breakfast variety was endless. Food was super.

Functional.
    • Standard One Queen Room

Restaurant and bar were closed as the chef had quit (quote). Close to a 4-lane highway resulting in a lot of traffic noise especially on the view facing the road. Had to change room. Location was remote from the town and shopping and restaurants. Would not stay here again.

Wifi

If we would have had a choice we would have staid somewhere else.
    • Whirlpool Suite

The first room was literally on the highway! The coffee was very poor. The so called nutritious breakfast was bread upon bread, sweetened yogurt, no cheese, meat of any sort in my opinion something that was put out to say "they served breakfast ". My rating "very Poor".

The king suite we were upgraded into was spacious,comfortable,clean.

Access to highway close by
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

-Reception - Gym ceiling too low; I'm only 5'9. Some one 6'3 his head will hit the ceiling - bathroom vent noisy - TV menu not friendly - Window not clean with so many dead flies on it - Breakfast menu could be more rich, and the dining area is small

Access to highway close by

Not suitable for anyone using public transport.
    • Whirlpool Suite

The bar and restaurant were closed for the duration of our stay - we would have cancelled if we had known before arriving. We arrived by train and then had to walk through an industrial estate with no footpaths on the approach to the hotel - just rough ground. As the restaurant was closed we had to eat out each evening and to walk across this rough ground through the industrial estate near a busy road with little lighting for 5-10 minutes then a further 20 minutes to the main shopping/eating area. The "hot" water at breakfast was lukewarm and not hot enough for tea.

The room was clean, comfortable and spacious. Breakfast was OK.

Fine, and it's good value compared to the other hotels in Oakville, which are very expensive.
    • Standard One Queen Room

Breakfasts could have been a little more varied. The toilets are way too low and should be replaced with higher ones. They could also put a grab bar in the bath.

The hotel is nice, especially now that's it's been renovated. It's a convenient place to stay and good value for your money.

Great landing spot in the heart of Oakville
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was very clean, the location was great, and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was more than adequate, and we found the noise levels to be great. Despite being beside a very busy highway, none of the traffic noise was audible in the room. Lots of nice touches like chilled lemon water and apples at the front desk. The price was definitely reasonable, especially with breakfast included. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Staff was super friendly and helpful.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

When we checked out the Canadian price was what my booking was for however we paid American currency and was charged more than what my booking confirmation was for. She had no idea why.

Staff was super friendly and helpful.

Good but not what we had hoped for from the description given.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The information for this location stated that it had a hot tub but when we arrived the hotel staff told us that it did not. My daughter and spouse were extremely disappointed as they had been looking forward to that. Also, the complimentary breakfast buffet did not include any hot selections like eggs, sausage, bacon or waffles. There was porridge but it was really just a glorified continental breakfast offering.

The staff were amazing and the property was clean and very well located for our needs.

I will not recommend them, will certainly not stay at any of their locations, unless desprite.
    • Whirlpool Suite

This is the second Monte Carlo we have travel to in the last 10 days... I remember about 20 years ago when I first used Monte Carlo... I recommended them and used them regularly. Not anymore. The need to renovate and get into the 21 century... also need to train front desk staff more efficiently. The staff at both locations (Mississauga and Oakville) in the past 10 days were terrible... this last location... a new staff member was being trained by another staff member that was just terrible in customer service... no wonder they won't improve or get better. Further the location of 10 days ago the day manager when hearing conflict and confusion at the front desk... hid from the situation.

The carpet in the floor way was new and clean.... and chamber maids were friendly...that is all the positive I can mention.

Comfortable stay and would stay again if in the area.
    • Whirlpool Suite

Thought the restaurant was a bit small for the size of hotel and number of rooms, but it didn't really affect our stay.

Friendly, efficient staff and comfortable room, although those with spa baths are a bit gimmicky. Got a deal on the room on-line otherwise wouldn't have paid the normal price for it. Only used the spa bath once (preferred the shower) although a decent sized room and comfortable bed. A 10 minute or less walk to the train station (which is why we booked this hotel) and could take the Go Train into Union Square in about 45 minutes. These are double decker trains so you can get good views of the journey from the top deck .

It was expensive for the service that we received. We had better choices with same price

Not a clean bed sheet and bathroom. Very noisy bathroom fan. Not a nice reception attitude. We didn't feel a welcoming hospitality.

Breakfast, room temperature, coffee maker in room.

Great central position yet quiet.
    • Whirlpool Suite

Better light over the whirlpool tub....l like to relax with a good book. Luckily I had mini lights on my glasses.

I appreciated the convenience of all day dining , parking, and especially the hotel staff. They were very helpful with directions.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.
    • Standard One Queen Room

The hotel is not really close to much else unless you have a car. It is probably a 10 minute walk from the train station and about a 15 minute walk to a small mall (groceries, drug store, liquor).

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel has a great exercise room. The restaurant prices were very reasonable but the restaurant was closed on Sunday which was unexpected. The beds were very comfortable. The room rate was pretty reasonable. I really appreciated that the hotel recognizes the fact that there are still people who smoke in the world and has a comfortable area with chairs where we could indulge our bad habits while socializing with other guests.

Cheap but probably would not go back.
    • Standard One Queen Room

Had to wait in the lobby 15 minutes for check in as we were too early. Checking in directly they would have to charge CAD 50,- for early arrival. Breakfast was promoted as great but was less then mediocre.

Staff were good at front desk, the evening person was a very...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Guess after tax, the $175 price felt a little expensive.

Staff were good at front desk, the evening person was a very friendly East Indian man who checked us in and was quite charming.

Nice overall facility, but very old and dated with a lot of things not working properly.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

2 or the 4 pieces of equipment in the workout room didn't work. Our door to the bathroom could only be opened about 1 and 1/2 feet as the door was too large for the space and scraping on the floor. We told the desk numerous times about it and nothing was done. It would of had to have been taken off its hinges and shaved down on the bottom of it. Very annoying.

The breakfast was nice. The room was tidy and clean. Our room was quiet.

Clean Rooms, Friendly Staff
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The beds and pillows were uncomfortable.

Staff were friendly. Rooms & washrooms are clean. The Inn is close to a mall, plaza, Lakeshore street and parks.

Comfort and Convenience
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Wish it had a pool. Would have liked some hot selections as well at the breakfast.

Beds were comfortable and the man at the front desk was helpful. Conveniently located for the go train. Good variety at breakfast.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

My room had a fridge and microwave .
    • Whirlpool Suite

Clean but run down. It's obvious that it hasn't been upgraded in a while. Hot tub in the bedroom and old carpet need to go.

My room had a fridge and microwave . Black out curtains.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Convenient & comfortable
    • Whirlpool Suite

Room was very clean and bed comfortable. Very quiet at night, didn't hear a thing. Breakfast was simple but included hard boiled eggs, fruit, cereal and breads. What I needed to get the day started.

Booking.com not open, clear and honest about pricing.

Inclued above

Liked the room and pricing of our accomodations on June 1st. When I tried to rebook the room for 3 more nights the price offered was exorbitant We changed rooms, were quoted and price online showed $119. Yet we were charged $129 and $115 for the other two nights. I saw nothing that would tell me that nor did the live agent at booking.com tell me. We are not happy about that and will definitly reconsidr using booking.com again.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Good breakfast, friendly staff, great apples
    • Standard One Queen Room

Mattress needs to be changed, dipped in the middle. Guess reserving on booking.com gets you a room on the basement level.

Good breakfast, friendly staff, great apples

Full of Surprises - Stay away!!
    • Standard One Queen Room

The first thing upon check in, I was levied an incidental fee of $ 200.00. I objected as I wasn't given any advance notice and I asked to speak to the supervisor. The supervisor advised me that it was policy and I was welcome to leave if I didn't care to comply. I offered to freeze my room for any additional charges and they said they couldn't do that. I reluctantly agreed and they slapped the additional $ 200.00 as a preauthorization on my credit card. After settling in my room I decided to go to the restaurant for dinner. Unfortunately, the sign on the restaurant door said the restaurant was closed and apologized for the inconvenience. signed the management. THIS HAPPENED ON BOTH NIGHTS (Thursday and Friday.) THAT I WAS THERE! The restaurant was only open for breakfast on both days. I checked out a day early as a result of this. Now the hotel advertises: 1. On site restaurant. 2. Room service. I would suggest that that is at least misrepresentation as it wasn't available for dinner. They should have given me advanced warning by email prior to my arrival or at least at check in that the site didn't offer the services advertised. Will I be returning? Nah

Room was clean.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

This hotel is a clean serviceable place to stay for work...

Highway noise

This hotel is a clean serviceable place to stay for work travel. It is right on the highway so you can hear highway noise. Bed was comfy, wifi included and room clean. The bathroom was dated but clean. It is very nice to have breakfast included to avoid any extra stops in the morning.

Convenient location...unfriendly staff
    • Standard One Queen Room

Unfriendly staff, receptionist answered a long phone call during our registration and then answered questions from a guest. We requested early check in, and the response was unsure. Room was not fully clean...garbage still in trash cans, no towels and we checked in at 5pm. Could use some updating.

close proximity to our needs

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Good but....
    • Whirlpool Suite

The staff at the front desk at peak periods are overworked, there was only ever one receptionist, so you'd have to wait a while. The blackout blinds in the rooms don't close, I was up at 5am both mornings because of the light pouring in, plus you've got a Jacuzzi in the room, you need to be able to shut the blinds for privacy! The rooms aren't soundproofed very well, I could hear people in the hallways and there's conferences early in the mornings that you can hear people coming and going from.

Loved the Jacuzzi in the bedroom, it was perfect for a romantic getaway. The staff were friendly. loved the complimentary breakfast.

Meh.
    • Standard One Queen Room

No hot tub, when one was listed on the website for this location. And the kitchen was closed due to the chef being sick, which I understand but they only offered me takeout menus and no advice on nice restaurants to substitute. When i came back from dinner out, my key didn't work and was told I was in the wrong room, which I was not, by the same employee that checked me in. No apology at all. Breakfast in the morning wasn't a hot buffet as described. I won't pay this much to stay here again.

Easy to locate and get onto the QEW.

Comfort of the place and caring staff
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The breakfast would be nice with hot food. Like scrumbled eggs, sausages, pancake. I'm not too much a bread family and I found it was composed much of it.

Comfort of the place and caring staff

Breakfast was very good, great variety, lady working there...

The tv did not have many channels. Could not even watch blue Jay game :(

Breakfast was very good, great variety, lady working there friendly, kind , very pleasant!