Reviews of Monte Carlo Inn Toronto West Suites 3 stars

1886 Dundas Street East, L4X 1L9 Mississauga, Canada

#77 of 84 hotels in Mississauga

6.2

• Queen Room

Room was small and everything about this place spells the same thing Upgrade soon or just stay in the 70's It's not cool though

Coffee was good

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was one particular manager who definitely needed to work on his manners. The rest were professional. To me, the overall behavior felt way too professional rather than hospitable. It felt like a business meeting between litigating lawyers, very cold.

Conveniently located near a bus stop with amenities nearby

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

This hotel is FILTHY. The hotel room and facility pictures are a scam. Horrible rooms and dirty filth. Next to a strip club. This hotel have shady characters renting rooms. NOT FOR FAMILY OR KIDS. Keep away from this hotel on Dundas East. Very sketchy place and dirty rooms. Booking.com should De-Register this place ! it’s a scam !

Manager was very accommodating. Staff was helpful.

• Queen Room

NO COMPLIMENTARY Bottled WATER! Level 1 is sooo dark and i can see this reflects most of the reviews. The fact that the cleaning lady is waiting in the lobby for her to be told to go to our room by the front desk— should be more professional way of doing this(just saying) And cant get another key to our room even after i told them my husband has misplaced it. i was just told that they gave one to my husband.

The fact that we were upgraded from queen bed room to a king bed room upon arrival for free. Our room was clean bed is comfy.

• Queen Room

Washroom looked like it needed some renovation done...there was a vent/heat door open in the bathroom it looked dodgy and was dusty... other appliances such as fridge and dresser looked old and dresser door wasnt closing properly.

• Queen Room

I liked that the establishment was clean and on time. They let me check in early and they kept the breakfast food out past when they said they would. All in all, a very positive experience, one that is sure to have me coming back. Excellent price and excellent accommodation.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I stayed at the hotel for 7 nights, at least 3 of those days I had no house keeping service, my sheets were only changed once.

The room was comfortable. Front desk quick to respond to requests. I needed extra towels, they brought them to me, no problem.

• Queen Room

First of all the the guy in front deak he was very rude. He didn’t said no hello no hi. I select the cash paymaster at desk but they refuse to take cash. That was so unprofessional and they blame booking.com. I choose the option for non smoking room but when i enter the room i was a smike smell everywhere. No water bolltes in the room too i was such a uncomfortable and bad experience I am looking for my refund. Because i never expect this thing from booking.com

• Queen Room

We had to switch rooms due to heavy smoke odour in a non smoking room. The second room wasn't much better. Carpet was dirty with stains.

Staff were cordial, breakfast was fine.

• Queen Room

breakfast was included but they didn't have anything much there to eat when we went , so we had to go elsewhere and pay for our breakfast, so we didn't save anything there.

the bed was very comfortable and the shower was awesome.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing, it was good and nice to stay.

The staff were very helpful and the room are comfy. The room was a tad small for people and their luggage, but we got around that. It was central to the Toronto and Niagara and it had a parking lot that allowed for safe entry and exit out of vehicles.

• Queen Room

Sheets & bedding not ironed & looked like just made after last occupant. No hair conditioner

The room was tidy but small & one lite fixture was not functional.

• Queen Room

Poor lighting. No full size mirror. I was traveling for business and expected that to prepare for event. Blow dryer didn’t work, no iron/iron board (didn’t check that tho in booking) and one of the lights didn’t work on bedside table. Light in bathroom was flickering and no donot disturb sign. Someone at 4am was slamming their luggage on concrete steps in stairwell and I woke up a bit terrified then realized what the sound was. The stairwell is all concrete, and hallway is outdoor with weather enclosure surrounding building. It was ok. Can’t complain for price. Not many options in area tho.

Front desk was super friendly. The shower (water pressure was nice)

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Upon check-in the clerk was very confrontational. The bathroom was out dated and you could see where there was a water line just cut off and no cover up to correct it. Breakfast was a horrible selection selection.

• Queen Room

Very unclean. Ants crawling by fridge. Carpet had multiple stains. Floors were not swept. Bathtub had hair in it. All made me question if the bed was clean. The room was initially freezing, but the heater was so worn out you couldn't set the heater to a comfortable temperature. It was either freezing or way to hot. Everything was very outdated. The walls are paper thin. You can hear everyone walk up the stairs or walk by your room and talk/ listen to tv from down the hall. Very uncomfortable bed.

Fridge and microwave available. Staff were polite.

• Queen Room

The Wifi range extender is limited as to not have outside interference, which I understand. However because of this, it does not reach all rooms. I only had reception in the hallway, and weak at best.

Very accommodating staff.

• Queen Room

staff ARE NOT FRIENDY. LEFT MY CHARGER TO THE ROOM. WENT BACK AND SAID IT WAS NOT THERE ANYMORE.I WAS CHarge extra and also even the manager raise his voice on me when i asked why i was not given a receipt when i checked out,

• Queen Room

-Room had an strange odour -little privacy see through curtains at night -Room looked 20 years older than lat time i stayed there(2 years ago approx) -no mini coffee maker like last time

• Queen Room

Biggest complaints: -Due to the hard foor in the hall voices would echo from several feet away. Once people were in their room you could not hear them. -Location is not great for downtown TOR. If fact, you have to use two different bus services (TTC (?), and MiMiss) to get back to the hotel. I got a pass for TTC but had to shell out each time ($3.50) for MiMiss. Annoying. I recommend getting a hotel closer to downtown TOR. This may cost you slightly more, but will be worth it in the long run.

Clean. Very comfortable bed. Polite, knowledgeable staff. Once people were in their rooms you could not hear them.

• Queen Room

It was disgusting...the room smelled. It was a non smoking room and there was ciagrette ashes everywhere, an earring from a previous guest,hair around the toilet and sink, carpet was definitely not vaccumed and the walls where covered with black marks.

• Queen Room

The staff I encountered was not accommodating and not approachable. he did assign me first to a dirty stinky room, I have to go back to the desk and asked for another room and the desk staff was not happy about it,

• Queen Room

Not what I expected from a Monte Carlo inn at all. I've stayed at others that were great, this one was horrible. Dirty, smelled like they spayed cheap air freshener to cover up the musty smell, no parking (had to park off site), tiny room, breakfast??, not really, Not worth the money, its more like a cheap Motel, I would NEVER have brought my children there, I would Never stray there again.

NOTHING.

• Queen Room

I want my money refund 100% back. the air conditioner made noise all night long i could not sleep. I checked in at around 11 30 pm Had no where else to go. I have removed deleted my account from booking.com and never coming back, will no longer do business with Monte Carlo. I want 100% refund or go to hell everybody.

• Queen Room

The room we were in was very small and was not cleaned properly. There were splatter marks from something on the wall beside the bed as well as hand prints all over the head board. The outside hallway was not pleasant either. The lobby and breakfast area is very small as well.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I booked it through booking.com for 4 adults and one child. They charged me extra for an extra bed because they told me they can only accommodate 4 adults.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The tub and toilet have cig burns on them, the tub is the worst, almost half roll of toilet paper so idk how many ppl used it before us, wall paper is coming off the bathroom wall, looks like water damage, floors weren't vacuumed

Nothing, although if I felt like being a pig the hookers in the lobby eating the cereal I had to pay for was welcoming

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Queen Room

Everything! Run down hotel. Room was not clean. Continental breakfast was a joke. Drunks staggering in the halls. "Ladies of the night" coming and going. Random knocks on our door in the middle of the night. Posted pictures are not what it looks like. Pay a little more and stay anywhere but here!

There isn't one thing I liked about this hotel! Don't waste your money!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

This was an awful stay. I would never stay here again. Rooms were small and dirty even tho cleaning staff worked very hard. It's run down and walls were paper thin I took my family and was awaken at 130 in the morning to the couple next door making inappropriate noises so loud I had to call front desk and was put on hold forever. Room was so small and even tho we requested non smoking it smelled of smoke anyways. In a no smoking room there was cigarette burns everywhere.

We liked leaving. This was a terrible stay. Warning everyone to never go there.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Queen Room

There is a glass panel above the room door. In the outside hallway is a bright light. My room was lit up like daylight all night and could not be blocked off. Windows don't open and ventilation is terrible. The staff looking after the public breakfast area decided that breakfast time was the time to clean up. Very small area.

nothing in particular

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

• Queen Room

Hotel street entrance a bit narrow. Two garbage cans in the room would have been helpful. Bathroom ceiling and walls needed a scrub. The breakfast bar design was too small and could only be used by one guest at a time and one side of the toaster didn't work.

The staff was excellent and extremely accommodating to our very specific needs. Bed was very comfortable. The room was the quietest I have ever stayed in!

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Queen Room

For the money it was fine but cold air coming through the room on the door and the hallways were freezing. I just cranked the heat in the room.

Front desk staff at check in and out were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast very poor with seating for at the most 8 persons. Not much choice mainly bread & cookies. 4 slice toaster with only 2 slice working was very slow. Saw one staff in the breakfast area one morning and none the other morning. That person was not very helpful .

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

Customer service terrible

They charged me falsely I booked with them I did not get confirmation So I rebooked again the address showed close to the airport so I went and stayed at the one closed to the airport then I got charged twice one for the hotel closed to the airport and charged for the one in down town . When called discussed with the they refused and insisted on both charges I will never ever stay at this hotel in future

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

After 10pm, there is no restaurant open near( couldn't find delivery either) At least Tim Hortons across the street.

We stayed a couple hotels and motels. This hotel is good, so we stayed for 3 nights. It took an hour half to take downtown Toronto by transit. Staffs are nice. Bed is comfy. Breakfast is coffee, cereals, muffins, and some fruits. Decent hotel price($89-$95)

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Queen Room

Staff rude attitude Property not clean Door couldn't be locked Linens dirty Floors not clean

Absolutely nothing. Property needs to be overhauled. No brand standards

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Queen Room

The older man who help us took 45 mins the room smell really bad the it cost 140 seriously it wasn't worst our money and night

Nothing really bad room

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

The front desk staff was very unfriendly on both time check-in and check-out time. Looked like they are giving me favor letting me staying in the hotel. No coffee, and only 1 cup in the room. Not even a spoon compare to the money I paid for the night.

Just the bed and the hotel location.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Room was terrible. I am a non-smoker and in my non-smoking room I think I smoked six packs. The room was musty and funky. It was really gross. Way too expensive for what I got. The staff did bring an air filter machine, but it was little use.

Location was fine with lots of places to eat in the vicinity.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Queen Room

The manager did not seem to be customer friendly when we checked in and this just gave me the wrong first impression.

The beds are comfortable and the cleaningredients staff are very friendly.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Queen Room

Minimal items for breakfast, bedroom was musty smelling and floors dirty downstairs. After asking for a different room, man at desk was abrupt and said: my staff cleaned the room!

2nd room we got was better!

Price

• Queen Room

Gentleman at the desk was kind,polite and very helpful. Made my day

its good

it was all great

• Queen Room

Building/room wasn't as nice as what was shown online at booking.

Friendly, helpful staff. Good location.

• Queen Room

Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day and I was so disappointed - I poured myself a coffee and it was barely warm.

Not much to like

Extremely overpriced and a very cheap quality hotel.

Clean

Every thing

Sorry to say but nothing

Nome

Fairly priced and clean. Plus free breakfast😎

• Queen Room

You could hear people walk around

Price

Beds not comfortable. Heat noisy

Organized and fast check in

• Queen Room

The night front desk receptionist was arrogant and rude. Not enough parking.we parked outside the property and no. Internet in our room

Bed is comfy

• Queen Room

Not much to eat for breakfast

Coffee was good

• Queen Room

Front desk staff not very friendly and welcoming...

Good location. Clean rooms, good sized fridge in rooms.

The TV selection

• Queen Room

I only rent from .onte Carlo for the last 15years I used to live there in te early2000

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cigarette and Marijuana smell in the surroundings.

Breakfast included

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There where no drapes for privacey. Anyone could see me shaving.

cigarette smell

The cockroach i saw

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cigarette burns all over the bathtub surface. Sheets not crisp and pillows lacked substance.

the lack of space

car lark

• Queen Room

Noise, people with suspicious behavior (drugs, maybe), the hotel is not clean, it is old and the matress was terrible

Complimentary Breakfast

• Queen Room

The fact there was a unpackaged used dirty condom at the side of the bed.upon check in.

• Queen Room

Dirty corners on the stairways a white( VERY OLD) Arrow bar from The vending machine

Bed, and morning pastries were very good

• Queen Room

Smelly pillows, room smelled sweaty and fridge was really noisey, bed was uncomfortable

none this time

comfortable and clean

• Queen Room

All things considered expecting better would be unrealistic.

Value for money and location are the attractive features of this hotel.

Everything other than price

Price onlye

• Queen Room

Very limited and missing breakfast. Need to improve a lot

• Queen Room

Unorganized rugs dirty looking windows dirty

Close to down town